Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    An amused, fond smile spread across Felicity's face as Nevin mused in the back. It was rather fun, the way he mumbled to himself and fumed away brought Felicity's usual senses of energy back.

As he flipped through a black book, Felicity pushed herself off the counter. Her bare feet felt the dust and fragments of dirt on the floorboards. She walked over and attempted to peak at the book. It was here that he looked up. As peridot orbs locked to his, the lamp's light illuminated his eyes. They had previously appeared black like coal, but now they shone a dark, burning crimson burgundy.

She took several steps back. An eyebrow was raised with innocent curiosity as he spoke. The concept of a calming potion or pill was of great relief. However, the confirmation of blood drawing caused a nervousness to form in her gut.

She clasped her hands behind her back as Nevin pulled out the necessary supplies for the deed.

A needle.

Instantly, the memory of the injection of the serum viciously attacked her mind. "I would never do anything to hurt you, right?" She let out a loud gasp. "Nev'a." She started to shake. Sweat formed in her hands as her arms fell to her side.

The dark thought crossed her mind. Except you did.

Nevin's words snapped her out of the moment her eyes were glued to the needle. A sharp breath. She shook her head firmly. Daisuke drew blood with needles before. This should be a peice of cake... right?

Her hands turned into fists. She closed her eyes, taking a large breath in. I'm okay. It's okay. Breathe. Can't lose it so close to bleeding... She let it out. The breathe was calm, yet slightly shook. Her fear of needles had been caused when one shot hurt her. She could be one shot away from becoming well again. She would not back out now!

She opened her eyes. They had a dark fire behind them; determined and bold. Hints of an anger hidden deep down bubbled up in them for brief flashes of time; but she had spent her whole life concealing them. She put them back where they belonged: beneath.

She nodded, "Whatever suits you best."

She then smirked, "Let's do this."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 11-29-2017 at 10:46 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Definite tension there for a moment when she watched the needle, strangely not present when he took out anything else. She handled it admirably, tucking it away almost as soon as it appeared. If Nevin knew her better, he might have asked her about it, or offered to let her talk - but, he barely knew her, and doubted she'd be comfortable talking about a trauma with a relative stranger. Instead, he picked up the needle and syringe, and pulled the needle out and put it away, leaving the syringe with an empty top - just something he could siphon fluid into. That done, he picked up a small wooden bowl and the scalpel, letting the syringe rest on the counter. He gently took one of the girl's hands in his own, and locked his eyes onto hers.

"You know, it really is a fascinating little puzzle. I would almost be impressed with the efforts that went into this serum, and what happened, if it wasn't for the fact that they used what was clearly an experimental drug on you before thoroughly testing it. Unknown concoctions should never be used on sentients unless you're trying to kill them, or you already know the exact out come - and they clearly did not, nor did they have a way of neutralizing it." As he spoke, the alchemist slid the sharp blade very gently along the inside of her palm - just enough to break the skin and draw her blood.

He gave Felicity a tightlipped smile as he turned her hand over and let her blood drop down into the bowl, But there - done, enough blood for two samples to work with. Nevin reached out and picked up one of his medicinal salves, one meant to help clot blood and bind surface injuries, and gently applied it to Felicity's hand before letting go and stepping back.

"There we are. This should give us enough for a control sample and a testing one, so we can see what might have an effect and what doesn't."
    Last edited by Nevin; 12-01-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The moment the cut was made...

Bitterness.

Her peripheral vision blurred as her focus tunneled. Her primary focus was his voice. Her heartbeat started to race like thunderous horse hooves. Nevin's words endlessly echoed through her mind as he spoke. "... the fact that they used what was clearly an experimental drug on you before thoroughly testing it. Unknown concoctions should never be used on sentients unless you're trying to kill them, or you already know the exact out come - and they clearly did not, nor did they have a way of neutralizing it."

About eight seconds of the literal madness...

She looked away from him with a deep glare. "Yeah, they didn't." She clenched her free fist tightly as she spat the venom.

Twelve...

He turned her shaking hand, a hand shaking in bold rage, and let the blood drip into a bowl. As it fell, her eyes were locked on it. A deep, sick growl started. "Their faul-"

A sharp sting was suddenly felt in her palm.

Fifteen...

As the physical pain reamerged, some of the anger subdued...

Some.

The heavy weight of guilt and blame still rested on her heart. A hidden rage so deep... She had to take another deep breath. Push it back, push it back... She let it out.

As Nevin let go, she turned her hand again. The blood still bubbled up to the surface, some dripping down. Nevin placed the medicine and bandages on her hand. As he carefully took care of her, her veins continued to throb in physically released distress. She took this hand with her other. Tears briefly appeared as the brooding thoughts still roamed her subconscious.

Their fault...

She should of known the rage was not to blame strictly on her powers by now. Yet, she was too stubborn to admit that she herself was, secretly, a really angry person.

With her uncut hand, she swiftly wiped the tears from her eyes. It just so happened that this hand was the one with the dead pinky. A growl slipped from her as she lowered the hand. Her pupils were dilated, yet she she clasped her hands as calmy as possible. She swallowed the lump in her throat, forcing her remaining anger down. She forced a smile on as she eyed the blood alchemist. "Now what?"
    Last edited by Flamebird; 12-02-2017 at 08:15 PM.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Her teeth stopped grinding against themselves around fifteen seconds after he had made the cut, Nevin noted. That was important to note - and something that if it came to it, would need to be tested on. Was that length of time a standard for her, or did it vary based on the severity of the injury? If it was the former, they could use that to test to see what medicines worked the most effectively on her - things that cut down on that time frame for example might lead towards a solution in terms of mitigating the impacts on her. His mind was already racing with options and possibilities.

Another important thing that he had seen was the signs of tension on her features. Veins along her forehead had been beating in time with her her heartbeat, and even after her teeth stopped grinding against each other they had still stood out,
    starkly bold against her skin as she tried to calm herself down. Nevin frowned a bit in thought, and started drumming his fingers on the desk.

She wanted to keep the power boost, which he could understand. But the mind-altering effects were what she felt were the most detrimental, and would need to be addressed. The question was, what were the emotions she had felt? He frowned and raised an eyebrow at the young girl.

"Well, next is data verification and gathering. Then some experiments, to see if these things are releasing hormones into your system that are affecting your mood. Can you tell me what was going through your mind as you recovered? And From the time of cut to when you began to calm was approximately a quarter of a minute. Is that the standard duration, or do different levels of injury make you react more, or less?" As he spoke, he was wondering what he had on hand that could be used to give her a temporary reprieve from this situation. He did have some natural hallucinogens left over - some chacrona plant for example - but he didn't want to just prescribe those. It was stupid to do. No, finding out what was released into her system, if anything, that would be the first step. And if she was feeling a specific emotion, instead of random ones, possibly using a serum that reduced that particular emotion's affect on the brain might be possible to discover.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Upon hearing him ask of her thoughts, Felicity froze.

No…

Her hands needed something to grasp. She stepped back, feeling cornered. When she felt herself bump against the counter, her hands reached and gripped the sides. As her fingernails dug into the wood, her heartbeat continued to pound faster. As the drum inside continued its unhappy beat, her eyes were shaded in doubt. Can’t let it show… can’t become like them… No…

Her teeth grinded against each other. She was trapped. If she wanted to get to the bottom of this, she needed to be honest. If she was honest though, Nevin would see. Nevin could not see.

No one could see.

With a shook up sigh, she replied question one. “Always has been fifteen seconds. Always was. Fifteen seconds of that rage…”

What was going on inside her head? What were her thoughts? Nothing important? She wished it was not, yet she had to be honest with him. Was she even honest with herself though? Her nails caused visible chips in the mahogany counter. Her head lowered, eyes dilated. She could not… No one could see.

She was silent. Whenever she went silent, it meant the redhead was attempting to conceal the inner violence. Before it could erupt. This was not good. The veins in her forehead stood out. Her blood pressure started to rise. Everything inside was bubbling. Boiling. Imploding. Close to exploding. Her mouth was tied shut. She could not talk. No one could see.

No one could see.

The wildfire inside raged on. The smoke swirled, blurring her inner vision with toxic black clouds. It stung. As it consumed the forest of her better judgement, all life and greenery begged for relief from the hate. Was that water being cast down from the sky? No. Alcohol. It enhanced the flames. Life seemed to choke.

Usually, in response to her internal plight, the teen would delve into sensory seeking and external distractions. Whether it be a fight in the Citadel or rock climbing, she turned to the world around her to pull herself out. Now, however, she was trapped. The lump in her throat would not leave. It was a simple question, what went on in her head? So much frustration and loss flew up over it though. A little thing caused this.

No one could see.

No one.

She would not become just like them

“… Nothing.” Felicity tried to dumb it down the best she could. Leave the answer vague, without interpretation. “This entire thing has just been crazy. That was all.”

And who’s fault is it?
    Last edited by Flamebird; 12-05-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin watched, calmly,
    as Felicity thought about his questions. She answered some of them with a fluid ease, which showed that she had clearly thought about it before, which was good because it meant that they had tried to handle this situation in a less drastic manner than coming to a stranger for help. But it was his question about her thoughts and emotions that caused her to freeze up, and worried the alchemist.

She was clearly, visibly tense, and in fact, Nevin would have guessed she was angry as she thought about it. Her nails dragged furrows in the wood of his counter, and he raised an eyebrow slightly - that spoke of impressive strength, even outside of her 'boosted' state. Her head dropped down, clearly unable to meet his expression, and her red bangs fell across her forehead. If it wasn't for the bulging veins running across the surface of her forehead, and the trembling, white knuckled tightness to her hands, he night have considered the girl cute.

As it was, she was a powder keg, and it looked like she was only just barely keeping her fuse from going off.
    So Nevin remained silent, but he knew exactly how she was feeling - rage coursing through her veins, bubbling beneath the skin. And it seemed like her thoughts had brought that up. He moved as she managed to calm herself down, heading over to one of the cabinets and opening it up.

Long slender red-lined fingers ran across the vials in the cabinet, and he plucked one out before returning to the counter. He set it down in front of her and folded his hands together. When she looked up and spoke, her voice still a bit thick, he tilted his head to one side and gestured to the vial.

"A tonic. This one targets parts of the brain tied to aggression, and keeps them from reacting as strongly as they should. I only have the one vial, but I'd like for you to try taking it. I won't... I won't ask what exactly happened, if you are not willing to share it, but. It seems that a part of the reaction exists outside of the direct effect on your blood. There are indeed hormones that can cause this state, if it is... Well. Those can linger in your system for a while."

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The moment he placed the vial on the counter, Felicity forced herself to focus on outer stimuli again. The hexagonal, small vial was bubbling with a lime green liquid. The small glass holder had a diamond shaped top to it, which kept the liquid safely inside.

Before Nevin even finished speaking, she nearly lunged for the bottle. Tunnel vision had taken ahold. She only too quickly grasped the vial with her right hand. It shook at her first attempt to pick it up. She gently took her second hand and gripped the vial with that. The shaking stopped. She raised the serum higher, finally relinquishing her death grip. She popped the top off like a cork. As the solid glass top pattered and bounced on the floor, she lunged her head back. The smooth, cool liquid relieved that knot in her throat. In three large gulps, she downed the tonic in mere moments. The foul tasting liquid tasted like an oddly cooked egg with fish oil. It was almost like the ocean, but without the freshness.

She set the empty bottle down with a large clunk. She eyed the scratch marks on the counter and winced. She needed to pull herself together.

Hopefully, this serum would help.

The fact that she finally proceeded her already leaked insanity probably was the beginning of progress. She was still unusually quiet, however. Still silent as she refused to look at Nevin at all. She was still in attempts to bottle her hidden rage in. Bottle it in like the liquid she just consumed.

"Yeah, 'kay." She mumbled unresponsively to Nevin.

They waited for results.

Who's fault is it?

Can't become them!

The echoes of discrimination snuck around her mind. The shouts of her hybrid blood, like she was some sort of possessed monster. A creature. A sickness birthed from the Tular Plains. Was she wretched? A burden? Useless?

Did she believe them?

"Neanderthal scum!"
    "Useless abomination!"
    "Why don't Deerhead officials just kill it?"
    "Who cares if its mother is human? Its father wasn't!"
    "Half breed!"
    "Sickening! Tie the vermin to a stake or something! Get rid of it!"
    "Lesser being! Only half human..."
    "Why do they let this monster live?"
    "Oh, what fun. The body of our enemy race at our feet."
    "Haven't you had enough? Just crawl in a hole and die!"
    "Neanderthal scum like you don't deserve to live. You only are alive right now cause you're a stupid half breed!"

She shook. Violent shaking erupted. The potion may have been working its magic; she was experiencing sadness now. Tears formed in her eyes. She shut them tight, attempting to breathe clearly. Furious grief.

She shoved the rage deep down. She would not become spiteful like them...

... even at the cost of her own sanity.

She breathed. She calmed down. The lump in her throat reappeared.
    They waited for results.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 12-05-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    He stood, silent, as she shook in front of him. At some point, tears began to leak down her cheeks. Nevin felt one hand slowly curl up into a tense fist as he watched, watched as the veins stopped throbbing on her forehead, and the tears stopped her eyes from dilating.

Anger is a defense mechanism, against something buried in her past. Grief, sorrow, but why. He drew in a deep breath, watching as she trembled, trying to bring her breathing back into control. To give her privacy, he looked back down to his notes, before she saw that he had been witnessing this.

"So, since it seems we will be working together for a bit,
    let me tell you about myself." His voice was soft, steady, giving her something to focus on as he spoke in an easy cadence.

"As you know, I'm an Alchemist. Not just an Herbologist, but a proper Alchemist, one who deals with magical ingredients and potions as well as the mundane. But - well," he let out a sharp, short laugh. "I grew up in Salvar of all places, wanted to become a true alchemist to help people. But I didn't want to join the ranks of the Eternal Sway. No, they didn't actually help people, the Empowered Priests were just there to punish people who wanted to learn. So, well, I clashed, often, with my family." A recent memory, returned.

" I think I was about, maybe sixteen when my father threw me out for my wishes. Most of the town had no time for me, I was always a bit weird, and when he did that, well. I had to leave, before he started to tell people that his son wanted to cavort with demons. I haven't spoken to them in oh, years." There was a pained smile on his face.
    Last edited by Nevin; 12-05-2017 at 12:12 PM.

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    "Oh Thayne, no! I never will be titled as the one who birthed that creature!"

Felicity's eyes opened. Her stinging pain remained, but the anger was uncomfortably subdued. That was way too quick... Then again, this was a potentially magical potion. Her cut up emotions sat in her chest like dead weight. However, her mind was working with better clarity.

Nevin's story was touching and somber. The feelings were like a cold rain during an early Corone spring. Not nearly as cold as Nevin's Salvar or Felicity's Eiskalt. Yet, the heat waves of scorn and ridicule was worse than either. That, and being disowned by this wretched definition of "family"...

In a way, Felicity could relate.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled. She still was dreary, facing more unfavorable side effects of the drought. Her voice slurred, her old lisp starting to reamerge. Her R's and L's were starting to be left out of her enunciation. "It hurts when family doesn't treat you like family." I know...

She leaned against the counter, more relaxed. The remaining honey had been spilled. As it slowly crept over the mahogany, Felicity finally placed herself under control. She looked up to the alchemist. His somber smile and her drenching tears reflected their respective branches of pain. What hate was this? Felicity's thoughts of it still baffled her. Why would one heap up rewards for themselves? Why did they cast dirty glances onto the less privileged, like the high and mighty were better than the rest. When they were just people, flawed and broken, just like everyone else. Felicity simply could not understand it...

That was not the way of grace.

Yet here Nevin was, still standing. He took a past so twisted and mangled... and he helped people. It was everything the teen aspired to be; the reason she learned to fight and handle herbs. To take that pain and refuse to do the same to someone else. Love was her weapon of choice; and she saw that Nevin chose it too.

For this, for everything, Felicity wanted to hug him so tight.

With all her usual spunky energy spent on cooling off, Felicity wearily just slipped down. She leaned against the counter's side, sitting with her legs bent. Head rested against the wood, she lifted her unbandaged hand and wiped her tears.

"When someone who thinks they're better than you chooses to crush those beneath their feet..." A saddened scoff escaped her. A humorless smile formed. She leaned forward, watching the wooden bowl in front of her as she wrapped her arms around her legs, "Then again, we're here to make things better, right?"

Oh, there was her naive optimism breaching the surface once again.

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin tilted his head to the side as he considered the girl in front of him. It seemed without her anger to fuel her, she was far more mellow than he had expected. Was this just a side effect of dealing with the hormones from her strange reaction, made worse by the fact that she didn't have her anger, her rage, to shield her? Whatever the case might be - well. He gave her the medicine, he would deal with taking care of it. He cleared his throat and shook his head as she leaned over heavily, watching the spilled honey on the counter.

"You've nothing to apologize to me for, Miss Felicity." He tried to give her a warm smile, but she just shrank down more, her mind obviously lost in past pains. As she spoke, he paused to consider her words. She, well, he couldn't say she was wrong.
    Quite a lot of the things he did were unintentionally meant - or, was that actually on purpose - to balance things between people. He didn't mean to, or maybe he did? In either case - he just tried to help people out if they came into his store. Even Scarlet, destructive, and self-destructive, as she was, he hoped to find a way to help her. Hmm. Well, until she did something directly to him that is, or did it to someone presently. He was angry enough with her as it was, considering she had already hurt Fenn and Eteri in the past - but he wouldn't let that color his judgment of her now too much.

Felicity looked at him with a strange light gleaming in her eyes, then she just slumped down, resting her head against the wood of the counter. Tears were still trailing in her eyes, and she reached up to dash them away. He reached out and squeezed her shoulder comfortingly.

"Then everyone suffers, because there is always someone above you. It's when you're good, that people respect you. Fear is a different matter entirely." He knew a few people who preferred to use the fear card to get what they wanted. He gave her a grin, not sure if she would see it.

"But you're right. Someone will be there to make things right again. Sometimes it is a psychotic little cat girl bringing light into a somewhat dreary life. Sometimes, it's an Alchemist willing to lend an ear and a hand." He tilted his head to one side.
    "How about it? Need an ear to get some of that weight off your chest?"

A member of the NevCrew: