Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin reached up slowly and gently squeezed one of Eteri's hands, before carefully moving her back. His face was a study in emotional changes - confusion, then amusement, followed by almost pain, and ending on quiet contemplation. Instead of replying right away, he turned around and checked on the chicken - it needed a bit longer. He stirred it up before replacing the lid on the pan. That done, he moved over to the table and spun the chair around, dropping down into and staring at Eteri.

The cat girl fidgeted under the continual stare, until Nevin finally cleared his throat, and spoke. His voice was soft and calm, but laced with - with an emotion he couldn't quite place.

"You would be surprised how important blood is, Eteri. If I wanted to, with yours, I could copy that power of yours. I could pull souls from their bodies myself, for a time. Or I could see souls like you do. It isn't just a matter of collecting the blood - I am a blood mage, I can use that blood. And I was not offering my full soul, just a part of it, something for you to carry with you. You seem calmer when you are touching me, and I thought that with a piece of my, admittedly bloated, soul, that peace would be easier to obtain even when you aren't here." He shook his head slowly, and leaned back in the chair.

"And for me, blood from you would be important even if I could not use it in other ways. Only one other person has offered their blood to me, and I treasure it as a memento of our close friendship. Yours would be much the same." He was not going to talk about other ways to thank people, not now, not when the conversation had taken such a serious turn. No, instead his eyes were locked onto hers, watching for her reply.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 15,383, Level: 5
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 4,617
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    Whoa.

He got Serious all of a sudden. So blood to him, was as important as a soul was to me.

I thought he was Just some kooky collector with a blood or vampire fettish. He did make such interesting sounds when I had bitten... Err nibbled on him before.

"is true." I said, a little too loudly, more so than the moment called for. "I is better near. Would fix grime on soul and put in necklace!" I said with a small grin.

I think, if it were patched up a bit the green and red glow would look pretty.

I clapped My hands together loudly, which caused Jim to jump. "right!" I said as I approached him. He didn't HABE to arch hos head up, even sitting down he was almost eye level to me.

I grinned and pressed my head against his to ease the tension. "can take eteri anytime." I said, "just make no hurt." I wanted to let hom know he could take my blood any time.

"boop."

I pressed a finger to his cheek.

Serious conversations... Too stressful
    I am cat gurl, gib me ur soul

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    She leaned her forehead against Nevin's, her face extremely close. Close enough that Nevin could feel her warm breath against his lips as she spoke. And of course she said something that, if it had come from anyone else, would have been giving him severe issues in terms of mental state. But no - Eteri was too innocent as she breathed against his lips and told him he could take her any time, if he didn't make it hurt. Her small frame was close to him as she leaned against his head and gave him a wide smile.

Nevin stood up abruptly, wrapping his arms around Eteri to keep her from falling over at the sudden motion. He smiled down at her - "The chicken, I think it needs to be taken care of." With a squeeze of his arms around her shoulders, he shifted her to the side and hurried over stove. Sure enough, thankfully for his sanity, the chicken was ready to come out of the pan. He picked up two small bowls and quickly transferred the chicken from pan to the two bowls, and picked up a fork for himself.
    He set his bowl down on the table with the fork on top of it, and set the other bowl down on the table near it with a crooked smile on his faceas he stood, carefully placing the chair between himself and her so she couldn't see his lap area.

"We should eat while it's fresh and hot. Come on." He sat down in the chair and waited for her to take her food and go over to the other side of the table as she normally did.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I felt him wrap his arms around me, and to keep my balance I had to grasp hold of his upper arms. I could feel the slight tension of his muscles as they flexed to lift me up.

"A-ahh!"

I wasn't expecting the action, nor was I expecting the flood of warmth. I looked down at him as his dark eyes met mine. Lined with wrinkles and dark circles they peered at her from behind crimson bangs which I instinctively reached out to tuck behind his ears.

Better. Yes this better. Now I could see him clearly. He smirked. G-gah what! Why would he do that.

I squirmed. "when said take me eteri meant blood! Not pick ups!" I muttered futily punching his arms.

He ushered me to the side like it was nothing, abd set me down before bustling about the kitchen.

I stared at him. What was that? Was it the nagging burning feeling I felt when around him? I wasn't sure.

Nevin quickly made his way back to the table and sat down. Making mention of eating whilst it was hot.

I was still curious..m what was that? I had to investigate more. I picked up my bowl and before he could say anything I deftly sat myself in his lap.

It was warm... And there was something else... I shuffled, trying to get comfortable. Ah... There. Yes
    This was nice.

I rested My back against his chest and using my fingers, began to eat. Tail contently swishing side to side I lightly hummed as I ate. I was happy.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Somehow, Nevin should not have been surprised that the catgirl decided to sit herself down on his lap when she got her food. In truth, he really, really should not have been surprised. But, despite that, when she sat down on his lap he went very stiff and still. Which only got worse when the girl wriggled in his lap, shifting things around beneath her. The redhead let out a slightly strangled groan and thumped his head against her back and took a moment to gather himself.

Flick. Flick. Flick. Nevin bit the tip of his tongue to prevent a sneeze, and opened his eyes to see the very edge of soft blue fur dancing beneath his nose, twitching in a pattern. At the top of each flick, the very ends of the fur brushed against the bottom of his nose, and he had to suppress the urge to sneeze again. He slowly, carefully sat back, doing his best not to move and make his aggravated situation worse than it already was. With this minor success under his belt no do not think about that area, he carefully reached around Eteri, cradling her in his arms as he picked up his bowl again. Eating over her shoulder was a bit awkward, but manageable thanks to long arms and forks. Wait - he has an advantage here!

Nevin smirked behind her and set his bowl down, then wrapped his arms around Eteri's waist. "What do? No eat? I eat your chick-" Before she could finish that, red threads emerged from his shoulders and wove together, and one set carefully picked up the bowl while the other adhered to the fork and lifted it up as well. Now with two extra limbs to work with, and these ones having far more reach than his normal arms, he was able to resume eating without issue - though he did stick his tongue out at Eteri when she turned her head around to pout at him over being denied the opportunity to steal the rest of his chicken.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I stopped wriggling and bouncing around when his arms tightened around my waist, looping up and under my arms giving me a tight squeeze. "oof!" I breathed out as he squeezed. Damn. What was he doing, It wasn't like I was one of those stressy smoosh balls that you squeeze. I was Eteri! I went to wriggle again and he squeezed tighter. I stilled...and waited quietly as I finished the last few bites of my chicken. Then, wriggled again - and again - he squeezed tighter.

Was this a game? Or was he just trying to get me to stay still. I was aware of what was underneath me, I wasn't born yesterday (Actually I was born 8 952 days ago) I knew what that semi hard smooshy feelng was against my thigh. I just didn't care. It didn't bother me. But wait!

Wait! If he was hugging me then... I reached out for the chicken, but it was scooped up and away by those strange blood tendril things. I turned to glare at Nevin who just stuck his tongue out at me.

"That rude!" I spat.

"What is? Me not giving you my share of food?"

"Yes!"

He chuckled and I could feel the rumble of laughter in his chest. I took a deep breath, ready to give him a lecture on how important it is for me to eat, and how even more important it was for me to get twice as much meats as he did. (I mean, it tasted better than vegetables, and they weren't really a big part of my diet.) I needed fatty amino acids and protein.

"Now listen! Eteri gonna-"

Squeeze

He held me tight again, and this time...he didn't relent. He continued eating and didn't say a word and it left me sitting here feeling....feeling...ugh flustered. This wasn't fair! This was imprisonment! This was against my rights as a (ok not so) legal citizen of Corone! (I never exactly legally crossed from Akashimia into here, or anywhere, ahaa oops! What is paperwork anyway...BORING!) This was! This was....

This was...

Extremely comfortable and pleasant. I wriggled again and I felt him squeeze me even tighter, it was difficult to move but I twisted my body just enough so that the side of my head could sit against his chest. I had to shift one of my legs so that it hung loosely over his side as I semi-straddled him. I pressed my head against his chest.

"Eteri- stop moving."

I stopped. With his arms still wrapped tightly around me and my head against his chest I stopped. "Okay." I said, closing my eyes - I could feel the beat of his heart, and almost hear the pulse of his blood against his skin.

He could have his damn chicken for all I care...

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    It seemed like Nevin had won the endurance contest, between who would cave first. Eteri, with her insufferable enticing wiggling in his lap, or Nevin, with his squeezes to keep her still. It had been very, very close,
    and he hadn't been able to stop the words escaping his mouth, asking her to stop moving - wait, did that mean he had lost? No, no it didn't, because he could still squeeze her, and she had decided to stop moving, and was instead resting her head against his chest, her eyes closing half way as she listened to his heartbeat. It was...peaceful now, and actually somewhat relaxing now that she wasn't moving around in his lap.

So he loosened his hold on her, and actually dropped one arm away from her waist, and slowly began stroking her hair, his fingertips just grazing against the base of her ears as he petted her. It was strange, almost like petting a giant cat, but also very relaxing. That relaxed air only increased when Eteri began to purr against his chest, and nuzzled against his skin - making Nevin blush a bit. While she was definitely cat-like, her human aspects couldn't be ignored either, which was leading to very conflicting feelings in the alchemist. This was only emphasized more when her tail flicked up and coiled around his wrist for a moment, then lashed up to brush against his stomach and side.

Slowly she shifted her head up so that she could stare at him through half-lidded eyes, and Nevin swallowed, a bit nervously. She licked her lips, her tiny tongue darting out and flicking across her skin, and Nevin very forcibly made himself look away from that sight. Eteri was very soft against him, and it had been some time since he'd been able to get away to visit the 'inn' that Philomel had directed him towards.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I was vagually aware of the gentle minstrations against my head. They relaxed me. I wasn't sure the last time I felt this relaxed... it was probably the time I had taken part of Venex's soul and had no longer felt completely cold and empty. There were still large parts of me missng. Hell...what was inside me...wasn't me at all. I don't think I'd ever have a real soul to call my own.

"Nevin..." I mumbled his name as he glanced away from me. I repeated as I lifted a hand up to his chest, pressing firmly against it. "Hey... Nevin...."

It.... concerned me. Sure this was nice, it was more than nice. It was wonderful. It was warm and enticing and I didn't want to leave this spot, planted firmly in his lap. It was hard for me to meet people that could tolerate me. People like Venex, who did, who was wild and carefree as I was. He was so wild that sometimes even I could not keep up. He was a man without a care in the world, so much so - that he didn't give a damn when he gave up half his soul to me. (I was going to return it!) His issue was... that he couldn't stay serious. I mean.. I wasn't very serious either, but he didn't believe me or the things I said and that sometimes hurt...

Then there was Taka, who ever since he was in that scary place - was never the same.

Now - there was Nevin. Nevin was nice to be around but just how long was I allowed to be here? How long could I possibly continue this...this....what even was this? I don't know... but i didn't want it to end.

He still wasn't lookng at me. I cleared my throat and spoke, voice quiet and small. "Nevin...Eteri no have soul, just nothing but is ok if able to stay with still?"

"Stay still as long as you want to, Eteri. I won't make you go."

My hand clenched into a fist. He wasn't understanding...hell I don't even think I was understanding. "No!" I snapped. "Is stay?" Just what the hell was I trying to say?

"Y-you can do blood thing if want." I muttered, to change the subject. That sounded better. That was something, that was something based on something. Not nothing based off of nothing.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    For the first time, Nevin realized something that he hadn't put together. He had been attributing her accent to her animalistic nature, but this time, in her worked up emotional state, he caught a bit of a cadence that he had run into before. And for the first time, he realized that... that the language that they were speaking was not her first one. His immediate reply, while entirely accurate to what he had thought she said, hadn't quite fit up with what she was trying to say. Nevin went still for a moment, and tightened his arm around her waist again.

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a fool. I didn't realize Tradespeak was not your first language. Stay, hm? You don't mean here, in my lap. You mean, here, with me." He watched her face, to see if he was on the right track. He took in a deep breath, and closed his eyes. When he opened them again, they were glimmering with red light. He was almost not surprised at all to see what was between them, barely visible in the tiny gap between his chest and hers. Crimson cables stretched between them, twisting and twirling, almost turning into thick, heavy chains. His were flickering in color, between a passive curiosity and shock - and her end, her end was... it was falteringly glowing. Like she was afraid. He slowly leaned forward and rested his head on top of hers.

"I repeat what I said, to you. As long as you want to stay, you can. You'd be the first to want to, like this." He shifted his hand down from the top of her head, lifting his face from her hair to stare at her eyes, close. "I won't be the easiest person to get along with, I think. I tend to get obsessed about alchemy, or blood stuff. I don't care if you don't have a soul, Eteri - hell. I have two." A half-smile, and he kissed her forehead. "And I already told you. If you want me to take a bit of your blood, you'll have to take a bit of my soul. Have to keep me around you, right?" He grinned.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    "R-right..." I stammered.

What the hell just happened? Of course tradespeak wasn't my first language! Wasn't that obvious. What did he think I spoke like that for laughs? Did he think that I was putting on some childlike front to get what I wanted? I mean! I only did that over half a dozen times, but it wasn't always on purpose. Tradespeak was a very hard language for me to pick up. Even now I'd continue to switch between speech patterns and mannerisms because I could never get it right and then change my mind on what exactly 'was right'

I Shot him a small glare as if to say ' you dumb ass' but he completely rebuked it. Damn his and his dastardly wiles and his calloused hands and his ...his gentle head pats and his soft kisses. Damn each and every single one of them. How the heck was I supposed to concentrate.

I blinked again. Feeling very red. "R-Right! I go get!" I said as I scrambled up and off of him then quickly left the kitchen. I headed toward the matted mess of a mattress and clothes on the floor and picked up my trusty satchel to rummage around in it till I found a pair of scissors and a clear vial. I looked down at my hands and realised they were shaking.

Why were they shaking? Why was my heart beating so fast? Did Podes soul really affect me that much when I was around him? Maybe that would go away if I took a piece of his soul. I gripped the scissors tighter. Determined. I would take a piece of his soul and then I would try to fix it all up. Badda bing badda boom. Wham, Bam, thank you maim!

I padded back toward the kitchen to see Nevin still more or less where he was. Albeit less rigid. "I back." I said as I padded over to him. "IS uh...is ready?"

Nevin glanced toward me and offered me a wry grin. "As I'll ever be Eteri."

I shifted my eyes away. Did he have to do that? Did he really? Did he have to look at me...? I kicked a chair over to him and sat down in front of him. In quick practised motions I dragged his soul out of his body once more and flinched. Damn...this feeling was a little different to before - this burning was painful. I bit my lower lip and began my work. The enchanted scissors glided through a section of his soul. I carefully peeled away the part I had cutt, and guided it into a vial for safe keeping. I stared at it...murky and brown, tinges of red...it looked completely tattered, even in the vial. I had taken a larger portion than I normally would have, and had to use one of my bigger vials.

I didn't tell Nevin that this was more than I'd normally take. I wasn't going to tell him that I was going to try and make it better for him. I didn't tell Nevin that holding it in my hands...made me want to eat it. I pulled my amber eyes away from the vial and then looked to him.

"Is turn for you now."