Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,988

GP

Name
    Tobias Ebericht Stalt
    Race
    Human, Dehlosian

Too Close to the Sun (Amari)

The frigid reaches of Berevar stretched out into the northern sea, and the ocean breeze lent its own salty chill to the intolerable wind. Three layers of thick fabric and armor could not stop the icy fingers from stroking Tobias along his torso, and his gilded eyes burned, wept involuntarily, and spasmed shut each time the wind changed. Without the Magicks woven by Lye Ulroke and his yoke, navigating the wasteland became little more than a deathwish.

He trudged through the knee high drifts and spared a glance back at his frozen mount. The Stokes Trading Post guaranteed the breed durable by all Salvic standards; Tobias supposed that the ends of Althanas did not fall under that blanket. Stone dead, the mare stared skyward with glassy, fully black eyes.

"If I stop to bury you, I might as well dig a second hole for myself," the Adventuerer muttered as gentle flakes of powder slowly devoured the horse. "Best to let Berevar take you."

It gave no response. He chuckled at his small hope that it might. "I should have listened to my gut. I should never have come back here."

Berevar howled again, and the world around him went white. Tobias stretched a hand out and watched his arm disappear into the blizzard, then pulled it back. The chill crept down his spine.

The Intel Ayaka found just a fortnight before confirmed her fears. That dangerous magic loomed ahead of them at every turn, and if they did not confront it themselves, they would regret the decision later. Not that the Akashiman woman deigned to accompany him in the task.

Fuck no, she had protested. It's far too cold!

"But not too cold for Stalt, hey."

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    W.Her E Am I?

I SeE.....Wh Ite... s o mch white.... I glaNCed down, weArinG white dress...I think....wait....did I have shoes? no? My feEt SunK INto the SnoW. I wriGglEd my ToEs. Ha...Ha ha....HA hA HA...thE colD...i BareLy fElT it....I kneW why now. It wAs becaUse of Him

ThAt nIght replAyed in mY HeaD ofTen...thAt Tavern...HiS drunKen AmbEr gaZe. ThAt othEr WomAn...my Master... M-Master.. where WaS he...? WhY did...hoW was I feeLinG agaiN?

"Ha.... hah haha...."

Broken laughter fell from my slightly blued lips. It Continued as I stood alone in the snow, the sea of footprints behind me washed away by the harsh winds. Anyone else would have died out here...wearing nothing more than a flimsy off-white dress which peeled and burned away at the very contact of my skin, but not me... no. Death was never an issue for me, and even if I had fallen out here to the harsh Slavic weather I'd just rise up again and again, the cruel fate of an immortal being chained to a mortal and fleshy prison.

AHh....

BuT I wAsN't ImMortAl.

I looked down at my hands, black miasma still trickled from them. Wrinkling my nose I was familiar with the scent. It was death. It smelt like decay, rot...vile and putrid, but it did not make me feel nauseous. No... it felt...right? I clenched my hands into tiny fists then opened them again and watched as the black spools of my leaking soul spiraled up and away into the sunless sky.

I was laughing again, chaotic and broken..and didn't even know it.