Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    He was known as 'Tongueless Tinash’ and she as 'Pride’ and as far as Stare had been told she had been talking for him for coming on five years.

Yet from her outburst Stare could tell that there was a lot more of Pride than Tinash in the question. A lot more of ‘friend’ than 'that other brother's guest’.

“I am sorry to bring you such sad news, but yes,” Stare said, looking right at her and addressing her. “And for that reason, and another, Hugin has been banished from these halls … and the city.”

There was a hushed cry that ran through the room. And it was many more female voices than male, Stare could tell. She looked down at her tense hands, noticing the way her hardened knuckles were paler than normal and the ridges in her skin where she dug into her flesh with those sharp claws. Truly she felt the pity of the women who had lost a dear friend, for the community of the Hollow was two fold, especially between the ‘guests’ of the same brother. Her and Blaze had shared something strong, clearly Reign was the sort who liked to be friends with all. She had once come to Stare, but Stare had pretty much dismissed her in their one meeting.

“From the city? Why is he also banished from the city?”

Stare paused, looking at a brother called Frendir who now spoke. A smiling, happy kind of man who sat by himself today.

She knew she needed to choose her words carefully. “I am sure many of you are aware of the food shortage this city recently experienced,” she said slowly. There were nods all around, even from the girls. Apparently it had even stretched to the kitchens here. Stare breathed in. “Sir Elssmith discovered that Hugin had a large warehouse of food and requested he share it with the hungriest of the city, those whose lives were ruined by the slaughtering of the fowl and cows. Hugin … refused.”

And actually set it aflame.

She blinked, What?

Indeed, his tone was foul, full of dislike. I am on my return now. And keep going, you are doing well.

That at least was good news. Soon she could stop this game and he could take over, which was his job after all.

“Hugin sent the warehouse alight. Estimates say that the food could have fed the entire city for three weeks, and included private livestock. They were killed, the food ruined.”

A stunned silence fell in the room. It was broken a minute later by a muttering from Tethion. “Bastard. We all knew he was, I say good riddance to him.”

Despite the generally negative aspects of demons, especially when it came to her power and that of Vitruvion, Stare found herself in danger of liking Tethion. His mannerisms and even smiles reminded her so much of Nosdyn, the demon who had helped her before, and who was still bound in contract technically to her, that she began to miss the blue-skinned killer. A soft sigh threatened to escape from her beak.

“I … would quite agree lord Tethion,” she dared to reply.

The demon's lips twisted up into a smile.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “What is to become of Solace and Dare?”

Stare paused, and thought of the names before it struck her that they were - nay, had to be with the type of name - Hugin’s 'guests’ that he had left when he arrived. Her breath drew in and she ducked her head slightly, lowering her eyes and thinking of what to say. The logical conclusion was that they would be inherited by the next brother to take Hugin's place, but that was … well. Hard to admit and it was possible that she had a chance now to find some form of other life for them. Have them taken entirely away as punishment? Could that work?

“They'll go to Hugin's heir, surely?” a loud voice growled. Old and wicked. Gravelle.

Stare closed her eyes briefly with the pain of not being able to do more before she looked up. “That …” she murmured, every word a self injured stab, “Would be the logical conclusion.”

“And tradition.”

She took a moment before dipping her head, avoiding the terrible dark looks she was getting from Pride, Toothless Tinash’s mouthpiece.

“Yes, lord Gravelle, that is tradition. As stated earlier, any nominations for his … replacement can be made over the next few days.”

There was a slight paused before she opened her beak to continue.

“Wait, the food crisis recently.”

It was a female voice now. Stare's eyes spun around until they met Pride's, her own emotions coming to the forefront to combat the current anger melting from the guest - no, slave’s - eyes. Stare looked briefly to Tongueless Tinash who seemed to be looking at Pride with a small amount of confusion. Pride saw the connection and glanced to her 'host’ before making a few gestures and the room was silent as the odd communication they had developed over five years formed into a full conversation. Eventually Tinash nodded slightly, and Pride seemed to get permission to go on.

She looked back to Stare.

“In the food crisis it has been rumoured that Sir Elssmith was responsible for bringing back surplus into the city.”

Stare paused, and clacked her tongue quietly against the side of her mouth in agitation.

“Yes,” she admitted, because after all she had done the food supply train in his name. Yet, it had still all been her as he stressed about Hugin and Rafael’s visit. She had used his money and his title in order to make the contacts, though. “He was responsible.”

There was a small mumble that ran through the brothers before Pride replied. “I see. Then thanks is due to-”

She paused, and her eyes grew large. Stare had that as her first indicator and it was only a portion of a second later that she found her own head twisting around to find a tall white-haired form stepping not through the door … but out of the air itself. No fanfare, no dramatic entrance apart from the manner. One moment he was there, and then the world opened for him as his oyster, as he had learnt and got more powerful in doing recently. He came in and finished Pride's sentence for her.

“Thanks is due largely to Stare actually,” Vitruvion said as he took a strong stride forwards.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Quickly, Stare stood, eager than anything to be out of that chair. Not wanting to be the spotlight for anything, and finding herself quite suddenly embarrassed she stepped away, her head twisting to not meet the gaze of his eyes. She couldn't, not yet, not with this being their first physical meeting after she had been released from the bonds.

There was a vivid amount of eyes twisting to her … but thankfully they did not last long with the proper arrival of their chairman. He sank into his chair with ease, his cane in hand and a blithe smile on his lips. Stare paused before she silently left where she was and skirted around to edge to the back of the chair, her eyes glancing up to meet Zulon's. To all others it would look like a casual bow and swirl of reverence from an employee or servant to her master, but really Stare simply did not want to be too close to him. Not with what she was now, what he had made her. Yes she accepted it but looking at him now she had … it made her feel sick. Like yet again she was a traitor to herself and every girl here.

“Stare arranged the caravan of suppliers to source new provisions and chickens to our city,” Vitruvion beamed, leaning his cane between his foot and the arm of the chair. “So you have me … and her to thank, really. That and,” he looked over to Gravelle. “To answer your question from earlier, Stare has not been seen the past two days because she was recovering.”

The older man narrowed his eyes. “Recovering … lord Vitruvion?”

The white haired god curled his lips into a smirk. “Yes. And greetings to all. I apologise for being late, but I had a grave issue to deal with.”

Stare turned her gaze away from Zulon after he offered from comfort, then twisted around to looked back into the centre of the room. Her jaw tightened as she saw how out of place she was and she grumpily slipped into a place at Vitruvion's immediate left. Right was wrong, for that was where Raevin stood. Clasping her hands together she set about earning the right to become continuously frustrated.

“As you have possibly heard the rumours, we have made the discovery recently that Stare is immortal. It came about when her and I faced who we now believe to be the culprit of the crimes that led to the food shortage in this city, and she suffered death. It was rather marvellous and useful to me that she came back. I believe it was a painful experience, hence the time she was not seen.”

Stare's breath rushed out of her lungs. Twisting her eyes around she came to stare hard at what she could see of Vitruvion, “Discovered,” he had said, like her immortality was some form of natural occurrence. “Painful?” Well that was what she had excused to Zulon when he had gazed questioningly at the chains on the bed. For Vitruvion it could suit, it gave him an excuse every time she died to at least spirit her away and get her loyalty back with the anger that was likely to happen. Because Stare already knew that her next death, be it soon or in the far future, she was definitely going to be hugely frustrated at him. Because it was not exactly fair that she was not consulted.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Careful, girl, or I'll send you back there now.

I'm allowed to have emotions, she argued back, You don't steal someone's life and mortality and force them into an eternity of slavehood without consulting them first.

Slavehood only as a technicality, Stare. You were doing well up until now, do not spoil it.

Well, she hissed, her eyes glued to the top of his head. You weren't here to … to tell the world is … force me to do this, be here and say these things. The only reason your reputation is still together is because of me.

Yes, and I thank you, and I find your loyalty touching and useful. You are useful to me, I will not let you leave my service or my side ever. Now stop glaring at me like that and return to proper decorum.

Proper decorum it's ass. But it might as well have been an order. Stare was dimly aware of a conversation now ongoing about if, then, the brothers should expect Stare to possibly conduct the meetings in future. Vitruvion was currently saying that yes, they should consider her his representative from now on, if such matters arose again. Certainly, right now, she hated him, and also of the stares that were now on her from those who were in shocked disbelief that one, she had saved their city and two, she was immortal - what now? Vitruvion was lucky that Stare's loyalty had grown to the point it had now. But then, if it had not, he would never had asked her to step forwards as his representative, or not stopped her in using his name as a rallying point for the supply train. It struck her just how she had changed in the last six or seven months, going from wretched slave who constantly said the wrong things deliberately, to steward who gave him a good reputation but always had new reasons to detest him. Most of her loyalty, she knew, grew from the fact that he was her god, and all else had grown from that. But loyalty did not mean that memories went away, and fresh feelings of anger.

“Miss?” came a soft, nervous whisper.

Stare looked over to see Desian of all people offering her a goblet of rich-smelling wine. Two goblets in fact. Stare grunted and grabbed both before automatically checking the metal with a glance of her eyes and passing over the more full and pristine one and holding it out to Vitruvion. Not skipping a single note and without breaking eye contact, the 'brother’ leant over to cup his hand around the goblet and take it from her. Then he paused a moment, in his speech, gestured for a brother to respond before he pointed at her, but did not look at her.

“Food,” he said quietly, in a non-suggestive, ordering manner.

Damn, she thought, realising her actions and his words. Damn this all.
    Twisting back to Desian she forced her away around the room until she caught up with the serving girl. Desian gasped a little and looked honestly nervous - but then, Stare had attacked her earlier - before nodding.

“Can you please get some food,” she muttered. “He'll eat … grapes, cheese, olives, that sort of thing just now.”

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Desian glanced in the direction of Vitruvion, then back to Stare. “Of course Miss,” she whispered before giving her last couple of goblets away and hurrying out of the room. Stare moodily stalked back over to Vitruvion before returning to his left side.

“It's coming,” she murmured.

“That was not too hard, now was it?” he whispered back, nodding as he pretended to listen to a brother.

She looked away and huffed. “Wine good enough?”

“Actually it's slightly vinegary,” he muttered. “But it will do.”

She stood there for a moment, staring at him until he noticed his sly smile. Hissing under her breath she shoved her hand out and he placed the wine back in it. Twisting around she let her eyes scan over the room, only very briefly brushing those of Pride. She noticed then that the girl was still looking at her, eyebrows raised and looking somewhere between confused and in awe.

“I'll be back,” she muttered to him before she took both goblets and started out of the room.

She returned some minutes later to find the conversation thankfully moved on from her, and Hugin. Now the brothers were discussing the food crisis and solutions to avoiding such a thing in the future. One of them, an orcish man called Dru Blacktooth, was even suggesting not having Hugin replaced but instead turn his rooms into some form of storage facility.

Stare had gone down to Vitruvion's own apartments and grabbed wine from his own supply. On the way up she had met Desian and was now returning with both better wine and food, sacrificing her own (i.e. downing it) to have space in her hands. The time she had taken had been useful in order to get her breath back from her ordeal, outside of the stifling room. Because, really, it had to be admitted …

She had finally done it. Finally she had committed the final and dreadful act of calling the prisoners here 'guests’ in front of their 'hosts’ and them. Her final act in her traitorous journey, the actual words had transferred her truly over to the dark side in this horror. A long time ago Vitruvion had planned to have her take over the administration side of the Hollow, but when Stare had proved her use in business he kept her focus there. For six months now she had been coming and going as a simple punter, briefly appearing at a council meeting to simply be a presence, and also let Vitruvion know she was alive after losing her cuff to the first Church of Sabazios mage she had come across. That was the same time she had learnt first of his half brother who secretly plagued their lives, and hells, brought her brother back to her. So many things, so many journeys and Stare had today signed one of her final farewells. Two, if one countered mortality. The other was to the last part she felt of her that was salvageable - the small impact she had on the Hollow, but now as she walked back she realised that had died now too. The brothers now recognised her as Vitruvion's representative. They would never seen in the same way again.

When she came back she noticed Pride.

The girl was looking at her with a strong intensity, and not with just the confusion and awe from before. There was … something else, like a spark had been ignited and a new passion had arisen. Slowly, without breaking eye contact with her she passed over the goblet, then the plate of bread and olives to Vitruvion. Pride swallowed slightly and then began to raise a hand to indicate something … before a tap came at her shoulder. A look of despair fell over her face as she looked back and saw a series of gestures from Tanish. She blinked a few times, a few conflicting thoughts apparently in her head before she nodded and related his thoughts to the general room.

Stare though … could not shake it. There had been something in Pride for a moment, and indication that perhaps she did not hate her. An idea came into Stare's mind, to look into the aura sight and find what emotion might be flaring, but a quick word sounded into her head.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Take her outside and do it. I can do without the distraction of seeing a room of souls just now.

She paused. You don't have to look into my head.

You should know by now I am there most of the time. It has unfortunately become a habit, and I find I can multitask, he picked up his goblet to his lips and took a slow sip.

How on earth do you suppose I get her outside on her own? Stare asked, bemused.

He used his many ringed finger to tear of a chunk of bread and push it into his mouth with all the ceremony of a king. If she is this desperate you can leave and she will find an excuse to leave. She is trusted beyond anything with Tinash. Hence being unbound and he only had one guard with him. Then we can know what she wants.

You mean I can, Stare smiled slightly.

Don't try to be funny. I said what I mean.

With that he twisted his head around sightly and looked at her. For the first time since he had entered the room their eyes met. The flash of ice blue bore into her and she found herself stunned for a moment before she ducked her head and looked away. Her heart racing she looked once over to Pride and waited until the girl could see her. Then the kenku meaningfully looked away before obviously turning … and heading out of the door.

She didn't even glance to Zulon, but stepped all the way out. Huffing she stepped through the short corridor and into the round hall that acted as a sort of crossroads for the long path that made up the Hollow. Stare checked and found Vitruvion's half aware presence in her mind. Pausing for a moment she did a short walk and found nobody there asides from her own self. Yes, there would be guards further up the white corridor towards the door but that was all.

Perhaps Pride would not be allowed out, despite Vitruvion's suggestion she was trusted.

A creak from behind her made the very idea tumble from her mind. Pride was already quietly coming out, her deep auburn hair framing her fine features. Stare had never really looked at Pride before but now, in this more open light than that in the council chamber, she could see that her skin had a slightly shimmering tone to it, like the sheen on pearls.

“Hi …” Stare said slowly, her hand closing over the hilt of her dagger just in case.

Pride blinked a few times before picking her way over the cobbles, coming anxiously closer. Stare noticed that she wore no shoes and was dressed in a thin dress. In fact she was moderately shivering, and the kenku felt a stab of guilt over having taken her from a room with so many warm bodies to help generate heat.

“I don't have much time,” Pride said quickly. “I used the excuse of needing to use the facilities, and so …”

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    The kenku nodded slowly, uncertain as to where this was going. She paused for a moment, not knowing if she really wanted to and if the aura sight was a brilliant idea after all.

“Well,” Pride looked nervous for a moment, running a hand through her thick, luscious hair in stress. “Well I … I was wondering if you might be able to help me.”

Help her? Stare paused for a moment, and hoped to high heaven this was not a plea for freedom. Bringing up a hand she began to shake her head.

“Pride, I've been asked to help people escape before. I cannot do that, it's impossible for me to-”

“No, I don't mean that!” Pride said quickly, shaking her head. “I mean, I am not an idiot, I know you cannot. It's clear that you yourself are under some sort of contract … thing with Sir Elssmith.”

Stare paused, raising her brow. It was not too far from the truth actually. The first thing that had kept Stare by his side was her cuff. It bonded their minds together, but more than that he had the ability to forge a connection and mentally cause pain to her. The memory of that time came to her and she was oddly confused for a moment to realise that it had been many, many months since he had used any of that sort of technique. Pain and threats was how they had begun and now … well. She had just saved a city in his name without anyone asking.

She let out a sort of weak shrug. “It's a little bit more complicated than that …” she murmured.

“I don't need to know the details, but,” Pride said quickly. “I know that he has power here. He is the only brother able to do magic in the Hollow and you … well. The first council meeting you were ever in …”

Vitruvion had got her to stun someone to shut them up. Stare had forgotten that really as well. The kenku now frowned, knowing now that Pride really wasn't stupid at all. In fact she seemed to be incredibly perceptive and clever. There was really very little that Stare knew about Pride, but then they did not live in the same world anymore. Even with her time in the Hollow, they had never properly spoken. All in all Reign had likely spread the rumour that Stare was irritating and abrasive and only Blaze had really been her friend.

“And now apparently you are immortal, he said?!”

Stare breathed in slowly, and looked away a slight amount of pain in her eyes. “That was … an unexpected turn of events. My abilities keep growing exponentially. So my use to Vitruvion has increased.”

Pride nodded fast. “I understand, and I know you will understand when I tell you that - I -”

“Before you say anything more, Vitruvion will hear you,” Stare said quickly, eyeing her a warning. “He and I-”

“I know that,” Pride said, “As I said, I'm not an idiot. Others are and would never see, but I figured that out a long time ago.” She drew up, straightened, stress lines clear. “Just let me say this. I think … in fact I know now for near certainty that I have gained the ability to do magic. Here.”

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Stunned, utter silence.

What? was Stare's profound thought.

Aura, now.

Ah yes. She had not done it until now, and had meant to but politeness and the development of the conversation had distracted her. With Pride before her honestly looking like she might break into a thousand pieces at any moment, Stare barged her way into the aura sight with all the strength she could. In the quiet white stone corridor she saw a bright and glorious light before her. It was a light of a deep silver colour, but one that pulsated and thrummed with life. It was not grey, which meant no power, and it was not bound by a thin string of white energy - Vitruvion's eternal enchantment that kept the magic in this place on lockdown. That meant it was living, and was beyond what could be controlled by his spell. Which meant that it was of otherworldly origin, from beyond a place of Althanas.

Stare also saw that the main light of her energy was flowing fairly regularly, but hardly touched her root chakra. The lowest chakra, located in the very base of the spine. Without light there it showed the kenku that Pride was suffering from almost complete fear, and by the way it was so deep seated and the other chakras moving so fluidly, it seemed that she had been living with it for some time.

Fear of herself. Fear of her power that she had to constantly hide. Fear of the fear that she had to hide.

And her aura itself was a bright consistent pumpkin. So she had good heart and intentions and a neutral attitude to the morals and laws of the land. It would be fine to work with.

“Well?” Pride whispered, her lips quivering. “Can you help me? I have no idea what is going on and it's been about four months now …”

Stare looked at her sharply and drew a finger to her beak. She shook her head as she felt Vitruvion's own silence continue on. He was … distant. Perhaps contemplative. Uncertain it seemed and -

He was rising, calling the meeting to a finish, saying, “We seem to be speaking in simple words now, gentleman. Nothing more than idle chatter. I have things to do. If you excuse me.”

Stare looked at Pride, saying quickly. “Vitruvion is just coming.”

Pride swallowed thickly, and her fear that she had hidden away so much was now leaking out of her badly. Her face was a mess of emotion, her posture self-preserving, shaking. Her eyes were pits of complete terror as she clearly had no idea what was going on … no idea.

Her eyes darted up as the door quickly and quietly opened. Vitruvion came out, sweeping towards them with intent in his eyes. He gave a warning look to Stare week stepped forwards and grabbed Pride by the shoulder.

“Pride,” she whispered fast and brutal. “Look at me,” the shivering woman swallowed and glanced at her beer uneasily. Stare bore deep into her eyes. “You can't do this now. Don't break now.”

“We will talk tonight,” came the rich voice appearing at both of their sides. Pride took in a breath and gazed up at the villain in her life she likely thought she would never talk to. His ice blue eyes looked at her with complete seriousness. “That is all. Stare, we must go before raising suspicion, Pride get back to Tanish now, pull yourself together if you want to live. I will send for you.”

And his hand drew around Stare's shoulder. Grabbing it he pulled her away, dragging her a couple of steps without looking back. Stare threw Pride an apologetic look, and already the door was opening again. Pride gulped breaths, clearly trying to control herself before the inevitable onslaught of voices and eyes. The last thing Stare saw as Vitruvion directed her up the corridor was Pride's wide eyes turning to the door.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Zulon and the other two guards hurried to catch their employer and his treasured possession. Vitruvion's hand remained on her shoulder, a tight hold as he strode forwards in a speed and purpose that she had to push herself into another gear to keep up with. Her hesitancy was great, but his hand was firm as he guided her up the corridor.

You cannot help her right now, Stare, and neither can I. I cannot even try to start a request to share Pride alongside Tinash, he depends on her greatly. It is up to her.

But -

Stare.

The tightness of his hold on her shoulder intensified and he said nothing until they came to his apartments. She tried to keep following, to keep up with the prestense she was not worried about the woman they had left after she had just shared her greatest secret. He twisted around to the right, and slightly pushed her forwards to get the door, and she unsteadily opened it, trying to make everything smooth. Behind her she could feel the confused looks of Zulon and the other guards as they watched the silent awkward charade between god and kenku.

The door opened. Stare walked forwards under her own will this time, nodded once to the guard standing at the end of the room. She knew exactly where that led - her old room. Instead she went for the third door in the room and for a moment Vitruvion's grasp left her shoulder. She went to open the door as he turned to the guards and dismissed them lightly. She was halfway through the door when she got into the next room and she stopped, stunned.

Blaze was curled up, lying on a wooden table under a thin blanket. A chain led from her ankle to the leg of the table and she seemed to be asleep.

Or it would look so, aside from the fact her eyes were wide open and staring daggers at Stare.

“Ah,” a voice from behind Stare. Vitruvion paused before sighing and gesturing at a door beyond.

“In there, Stare. I will be a few minutes.”

Stare’s heart raced. She kept eye contact with Blaze, whom she now knew hated her with all her guts, then ducked her head and continued on. Quickly she headed through the door Vitruvion had indicated, as Blaze began to sit up and the god began to speak.

“Zulon …”

Stare went into the next room before she could hear anymore. Personally she had had enough. Her brother back from the dead. Immortality two days ago. Leading the bloody brotherhood council. Now Pride. Perhaps Pride had just been waiting for a long time to be able to say, and meeting her brother was directly connected to immortality. The timing though, the amount of emotions she had endured. Her life had changed so suddenly before her and she had so little ability to control it anymore.

Seeing Blaze there had not helped either.

Before her was a pair of rooms that had once been two very different bedrooms, one for pleasure and one for pain. Now the sumptuous, luxury feather bed one remained, and it's partner converted into a small reception area. Three good armchairs occupied much of the space and Stare found herself very willingly falling into one.

Truly she needed a friend right now. Someone to hold her and comfort her. Stare had felt the possibility of a spark with Pride, but that had only just begun. Nevin and Nosdyn were the two friends she could think of right now who could give a hug and understand. Raevin she could talk to, but he was in another country. Mer … was a like of jealousy these days. Vitruvion. Bah, he was her god and though he was the closest physical contact she ever got, he was not a comforter. Not a heart to reach out and be pitiful. After all, he had caused a lot of her pain in her life.

He had not even told her she was immortal. But waited until she died to let her find out.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    She was there for more than a few minutes. By the time that the door opened she was entirely curled up on the sofa, the throw on the back it brought down to cover herself as a blanket. Where she was - she didn't care anymore. Yes she had moped much already about damned immortality but she was prepared to do much, much more of it.

After all she had eternity to do so.

She heard a gentle sigh. Much calmer than the forced march he had put her through - though that admittedly was for Pride's safety more than anything. She did not look up but rather remained where she was, curled up and eyes half closed, gaze aimed at the arm of the chair. There were no words, only a minute that passed as he looked at her.

Then she heard a gentle click as somewhere a door was locked. Then hands moved, sliding under her foetal form and taking her into his hold. She was steadily lifted up, and in all honesty she felt like struggling out of it, but she did not. He was at fault after all for some of her low mood, and he knew it - but this was all the comfort she was going to get for now. Like it or not, Vitruvion had some care towards her, he had shown it plenty of times. Those strong arms lifted her up into the air, adjusted his hold a couple of inches before he had her steady, then he pulled her lightly to his chest. Without another word he held her close for a moment, then softly turned and started through into the next room.

The bed. A good one, if memory was anything. A few footsteps took him across it, and then he paused at it. She eyed down at it, waiting for it to come and meet her, when …

He seemed to curse lightly in some language she did not know. Then he himself moved, and taking her with him kicked off his boots in some magical unravelling of the buckles. Twisting he sat down on the bed, then twisted to lounge back, angling up his legs to be on the bed itself. Her, he released only one half of, letting her legs sprawl as he rolled her head onto his chest. For a moment she lay on him, stunned at his actions, eyes wide open now. Then she moved just slightly, edging to get all the way off him.

He smoothly brought up his free arm, blocking her way.

“Stare, you just spent a twenty minutes musing of how comforting physical contact would be currently. Considerations of who I am to you aside, this is the best I can give you in the conditions.”

Coming to a halt she gazed at the arm, a thick knot in her throat. So he was, quite simply, just trying to be nice. He paused for a moment, the dragged the arm towards her, scooping her up with it and with a heavy tug dragged her further back onto him.