Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “It's your fault, partly,” she whispered, feeling his strong heartbeat beneath her head.

He grunted, and lifted her partly as he readjusted to relax better into the pillows. “It usually is with you. I am in your head most of the time so I'm used to seeing fairly regular negative reviews of myself.”

“Yet still you want me around for the rest of eternity?” she questioned. “You don't make sense sometime Vitruvion.”

“I make sense to myself, my dear, and that is all that matters really.” He took a long breath in, and began to fiddle with one of her feathers, examining the way the fibres lined. “I told you I am a selfish being, and that includes you most of all. It took few months for me to figure out that you are my most treasured possession, but there it is.”

“Thank you,” she flatly said, eyes finally glancing up to meet his, “For comparing me to your wine. Or a chair.”

His lips lifted into a smirking smile. “I think we both know I consider you worth more than a chair.

Her brow raised, and she looked at him with an unamused look in her eye before grunting. She looked away again and huffed before she nudged at his arm a little that wrapped around her torso. Gently he tightened his grip and settled his other arm around her.

“You are tired, emotionally and mentally. It has drained your energy,” he concluded after a short deductive moment. “You should sleep before we speak further of Pride. Or what I need you to do now.”

She twisted her head slightly up, avoiding his face carefully with her beak.

“What you … need me to do now?”

Vitruvion waved a hand dismissively, with a sigh once more. Then his hand fell back down to rest on her shoulder. “I have a task for you that may take a few days. But worry that for later.”

Her eyes stared at him, “A few days?”

“Our current lives never stop, my dear. We are on the edge of war, in fact with your brother's appearance I would say one has been declared.”

War. With his half-brother who had her brother as an undead. Sibling against sibling, battle of the unwilling versus the protector.

She instinctively flinched and tensed, her legs pulling up towards her body. A sharp breath arose and his arms were there, pulling her yet closer to him.

“Sleep, for now,” he murmured. “You are no used to me, your master and god, in the state that you are.”

“Bastard,” she mumbled back to him, her eyes slipping closed.

“Bitch,” he agreed. “My foul-mouthed, belligerent, incorrigible, disobedient, disappointing, distrusting …”

“Mmm,” she agreed, slipping into exhaustion.
    “Idiot at times, reluctant, rude …”

“Thanks,” came the sleepy whisper.

“Workaholic, exhausted, eternal …”

She was hardly listening now as she drifted into sleeping world.

“Precious,” he whispered, in a foreign tongue she did not know, gazing down at her. “Beautiful. Unique. And mine, all mine.”
    Last edited by Stare; 12-18-2017 at 04:53 AM.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “Lady Stare?”

Lady? That was a new one.

Looking up she saw an unrecognised, unknown guard. He had a hand wrapped around the hilt of a thin rapier that was at his side.

He gave her a small bow. “Pride said that you requested to have her for tea.”

Stars paused a moment. Her beak opened slightly in surprise and she leaned slightly around the man. But he was alone. Behind him was a door just closing, and the pale gold of the wall. She was sure she hadn't asked Pride for tea, but rather Vitruvion had said he would send for her, in the evening. It struck her to consider that it was late in the day, for she had slept since the council meeting, and been in the Hollow she she had awoken from being killed by her brother. It had been the longest she had spent here since leaving and it made her remember the lifestyle of living without ever seeing the sun. Days and nights were ill defined, merely determined by those authorities above.

Somehow clearly Pride had managed to get some time away from Tinash. And she had used the opportunity to come propose a meeting to her, rather than the other way around. But to deny that Pride had been invited would open her up to more questions, possible danger too, and Stare already knew the woman was desperate for help. Truly, so.

There was really no choice.

“Yes, of course,” Stare looked up to the man. “Of course. I am glad she managed to find the time.”

Pride has come of her own accord, she spoke fast and furious into her mind.

There was a short pause, coupled with a sigh. He was currently in the Guard House, organising the structure of command with Raevin in Corone, and still not providing any news in relation to the incoming attack on Vitruvion's brewery.

I told her I would send for her, he growled.

Clearly she had some time of her own. Stare paused, as she saw the guard nod, accept her words and turn to head out. You like opportunists, I thought?

Vitruvion grunted. She caught sight of Zulon talking to some other men, and smiled slightly. The young human certainly was a good choice for progression to temporary head.

I will be there soon.

The door opened and the same guard headed into the small living room. He bowed again to Stare as he stepped back, revealing the slight figure of Pride, holding herself bold. Stare felt some satisfaction that the woman had managed to gain back her control over her feelings, clearly, after her and Vitruvion had left.

Stare pulled herself to her feet, unfolding from the armchair where she had been doing nothing but reading an old romance. As Pride came forwards she caught her eye before saying formally.

“So glad you could join me, Pride.”

Pride nodded a little, keeping the eye contact. “Thank you for inviting me, Lady Stare.”

Lady again. It wasn't so bad.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Stare looked over to the guard who was pausing in the doorway. “Could you please ask about tea being brought here? There should be some of Vitruvion's guards in the first hall outside Sable's room?”

Pleasantly, she smiled. The guard grunted, and nodded before stepping back and closing the door. There was a light scrape as his boots carried him away. Stare waited a moment, letting the seconds ticked by before looking back to Pride.

“Vitruvion was going to send for you himself.”

Pride nodded, “I know, but the idea struck me. Tinash is currently having dinner with his other guest, Angel.”

It was surprising to the kenku to hear how easily Pride said, 'guest.’ And 'dinner’ too, she said it smoothly, as if it was really just food and no other connotations.

“I see,” Stare nodded, before gesturing to a seat. “Please.”

Pride smiled before sinking down. Once more Stare caught a glimpse of her shimmering skin again, iridescent like pearls. She looked into the aura sight, but this time with the view to concentrate on Pride's age and race. Stare saw a strange fae essence to the woman, and knowledge that she was into her early thirties.

“You're … part Fae?”

A look of surprise flittered over Pride's face as she sat down. “How do know that?”

“My eyes see more than most,” she shrugged.

Pride paused a moment before nodding. “Oh. Right. Well to answer your question, yes I am. It's believed my great, great grandfather was a kind of one. So, very diluted. My grandmother lived until he was a hundred and ten, so there is only some benefit.”

It made sense. Though still did not answer how Pride had got magic now, suddenly. Fae had mirror realms to Althanas, it was said, but they were connected still to it. It was entire other planets that gave access to the magic only. That or have the creator of the enchantment, Vitruvion, as your god. That also helped. But they would wait for Vitruvion to be able to discuss the reasons as to why Pride had been able to do what she can.

“Have I caused an issue coming now?” Pride asked with uncertainty.

The kenku took in a breath and shook her head. “It's fine. Don't worry, there is just a lot on my mind.”

The woman looked at her intrigued a moment. “You … can I ask about your work?”

Stare raised her brow. “My … work?”

“About how you moved from here to there,” she pointed upwards, gesturing to the surface.

Surprise came into Stare's eyes. Her beak parted and she moved back slightly. “That's not - not … the point of our conversation here. Of you being here. You know I work as Vitruvion's steward. That's all there really is to know.”

“Sorry,” Pride said quietly, realising that it had caused some consternation.

Stare nodded quickly. And decided it was time to change the conversation.

“Did you have powers? Magic, before you came to the Hollow?”
    Last edited by Philomel; 01-17-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Pride looked taken aback the question. She flinched slightly, drawing in her hands together and her eyes widening. Suddenly it was her turn to stumble. “That … no. Not at all.”

The kenku nodded a little, “Thank you. That helps. Do you … remember what happened just before you first think you used magic here?”

The woman drew inwards even more, recoiling almost. She swallowed heavily. “Lady Stare. I …”

The door swung open and the powerful, awe-inspiring white haired figure strode in. His cane tapped on the ground between paces, and behind him a couple of faces were present, including that of the guard from before.

“Stare,” he said in a thick, meaningful voice. “Change of plan, I need you to go to the harbour."

It was a very sudden request. Stare glanced to Pride with an apologetic look before going back to Vitruvion.

“Harbour? Why? And why now? Zulon surely can-”

He came to a stop and raised his eyebrows at her. “Because -” he paused and glanced at Pride. Because, there are reports of ships being attacked from Radasanth harbour to there. Pirates, a monster, nobody is sure, but only that route. And just before I came here I received a report that one of the merchant vessels has sunk. He looked back to Stare.

“Even more?” she whispered. “Why is this world full of …”

“I cannot leave now myself. I have business to finish with Hugin to entirely eradicate him from the city. I need someone to give a thorough sweep of the waters.”

The kenku huffed and gestured to Pride. “Am I allowed to make the point we have just started this conversation?”

Vitruvion looked to Pride and eyed her carefully. “I cannot spare Stare. I will work with you myself over the next few days to figure what can be done. What should be done.” He paused. “No alternative exists, and I cannot allow you to continue with this magic here without some investment and investigation.”

The woman seemed to go paler and dropped her eyes. Her hands gripped tightly into her clothes, creating tiny tears in the fabric. “I see.”

You can definitely be nicer, Stare muttered.

“You have places to be,” he answered. Coming forwards he gestured at her. Rolling her eyes she got out of the armchair. He dug in his pocket as he turned to sit, revealing from it a deep blue marble. Throwing it to her he nodded.

“The usual return trip. I will, as always be watching. I want you to find …” he looked sour for a moment. ... who is doing this and why just Radasanth to Beinost.

Stare blinked at him, as she pocketed the marble into her pouch with her other, more permanent ones. It has to be your brother, she replied. Moving now, with everything he has. Now he knows that we know about Avin ... she caught herself with a small sigh. Dear Avin. Caught in a cruel world, for cruel means. Brought back from the dead … to spite her.

Vitruvion's jaw tightened. “Go. Now, after you have got your things from Ventrua's room. I want this dealt with as soon as possible.”

The kenku moved from one foot to the other, her eyes anxiously on Pride who had now gone whiter, stiff with fear at the prospect of speaking to only to the god, whom she did not know as a god but as the ultimate master of the prison she had lived in for five long years. “But-"

“Stare. Now.”

Her beak parted. And she looked to Pride. “Sorry,” she said openly.

“Thank you my lady,” the woman whispered, eyes wide and fixed on the cane in his hands as if she was afraid he would use it.

Please do not kill her, Stare found herself suddenly asking, desperately.

There was a short silence. Slowly Vitruvion's eyes turned and burned into hers. They held contact then for some time, the plea mixing with the will, the ‘I want’ with the 'I must’. Slowly the god breathed in and narrowed his eyes, but seemed to give her the benefit of the doubt.

If she is a tool laid here by my ‘brother,’ I have no choice but to … but that aside, he drew up and looked over at Pride, physically and mentally preparing himself for the coming conversation. She gives satisfactory answers she will be not suffer.

Thank you, Stare whispered, then she nodded. He grunted and waved a hand to dismiss her.

And that was all she would receive. She left, quickly but assured in some way of Pride's safety.
    Last edited by Philomel; 01-17-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Stare receives 6470 EXP and the following spoil:

The Indigo Marbles - this marble is kept on the cuff around Stare's wrist. It is deep dark blue-purple. The partner is on Vitruvion's ring. It allows for Vitruvion to summon Stare directly to his side twice a day/thread.
    Avin receives 325 EXP and the following spoil:

2 x pieces of cow bone.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    All rewards have been added!

Raiera
    Last edited by Philomel; 02-06-2018 at 01:23 PM.