Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)

A Darker Shade of Red (MA - non smut)

opening this up with a couple notes. First, this is the latest Nevin/Eteri thread. It takes place after all others involving them. Second, it follows up something introduced in a smut thread. To save people needing to read that: Nevin and Eteri have fun in a restaurant, and catch the eye of a 'waiter'. They left, but he obsessed. Without further ado, A Darker Shade.,
    Nevin stared, somewhat mute, at Eteri as she stood in the middle of his shop. She had been gone for close to a week now, and he hadn't thought anything of it. Not after reaffirming that she loved him and very much wanted to stay. But now, here she was, not meeting his eyes as she looked down and to one side her face strangely blank. And telling him that…

“I'm… I’m sorry, could you repeat that, honey?” He saw one hand tremble slightly, her body fidget, and her face tightened up. She was agitated, which only confirmed his sinking suspicion that she was serious about this.

“Eteri not honey. Eteri want to take a break.” his heart ached, hard. The last time she had said that, she had meant just from bedroom activities - her body not used to them off of her cycle. But now, combined with her rejecting the endearment… Nevin’s hands tensed up.

“I want to - to make sure. You don't mean from intense stuff, you mean, from me?” This time, Eteri’s eyes shot up to his, and for a moment Nevin thought he saw sorrow in them, like - then it was gone, and there was a disdainful blank mess in the gaze.

“Right. Eteri no want to be with you.” One of the clearer sentences he had ever heard her speak, it seemed like his attempts at helping her get a better grasp of Tradespeak had worked out well. If only she wasn't using that to leave him. But it was odd - even with her slightly better grasp of Tradespeak, she was still speaking oddly, at least for her, and wasn't using the right terms. Before he could think deeper on that though, she backed away, to the door.

“You say can leave if want. Want leave. Bye.” And with that, she was out the door. Nevin stared after her - he hadn't even gotten a chance to say goodbye to her, she was just out and gone. He didn't know - he didn't know why she had decided to just leave. She knew he had no qualms with her being a bit more of a free spirit than a homebody, but this was different. This felt more final - and with the way she had been acting…

Nevin just slumped where he was, his legs giving up on him as he stared at the door. At some point someone walked in and saw him kneeling there, staring blankly in their direction - and slowly backed out, flipping his sign to closed as they left. He processed none of this, his mind trying to come to terms with the realization that Eteri had left him.

He didn't know how long he stayed there, unthinking, unseeing, but he did know that - that when he finally came to his senses, his legs were screaming at him in pain. That was actually why brought him out of his stupor - his legs had spasmed, throwing him to the floor as they forcibly sought relief from the painful position they had been locked in.

Instead of getting up though, Nevin just laid there, his eyes wide and staring, at the ceiling. His vision got blurry at one point, and he realized that he was crying. With a shudder, he pushed himself onto his side, then on to his feet - he couldn't afford to just shut down because she had left him. Even if it did tear a hole in him. Is this what I get for letting someone close to a monster with two souls?

He pressed his hand against his chest, where it felt like he was on fire, and frozen, at the same time. This hurt, far more than he had thought it would. He took deep, shuddering breath, and realized his cheeks were wet. How long had he been crying? Nevin forced himself to stop shaking, and took a deep breath again. It would be safer to stay with friends, and just visit the Golden Lily. This was too painful.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 15,383, Level: 5
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 4,617
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    Several hours earlier
    Eteri had been wandering the town, she spent the last few days messing around in the forest. Hunting and catching fish, playing in the river, climbing and sleeping in trees. She even found a small bandit camp and took their meat skewers. The catgirl licked her lips at the memory. All in all it had been a relaxing couple of days. She adored Nevin but she needed to get out and stretch her legs.

She had her fun, she got to let out some steam, now she was returning to Nevin so she could tell him all about her adventures. Especially the big bald bandit man. He was funny. What was it about shaved men and their pulsating angry heads?

“Ah Miss! Without your partner today?”

“Eh?” Eteri turned to see a familiar face. A man who was only about a head shorter than Nevin. He wasn’t in his work attire, but instead wore a clean pressed black suit,shirt and tie combo. His blonde tousled hair and bright blue eyes were a stark contrast to the midnight attire. The waiter from the day Nevin decided to...ah...well. Eteri shook her head to clear it of such thoughts. “Seeing Nevin now!” She said happily. “Remember you. From Restaurant. Me seeing man that was with me.”

“I see…” His eyes lifted up to glance around. “So you are completely alone?”

Eteri furrowed her brows. “Not alone. Have Nevin.” Her face scrunched up as realisation struck it. “Oh! You mean now!” Eteri looked around, there wasn’t really anyone talking to her but him. “Just you.” She said.

His smile grew. “Ah. That’s a shame, well. For you.” his voice took on a mischievous tone. “Not for me, you see...I’ve been waiting to see you again. Here… my name is Stefan, and yours?” He reached out to her as though to take her hand in greeting.

“Eteri!” She exclaimed as she reached out to shake his hand.

Stefan’s grip on her hand tightened and he pulled her taut toward him. “No…” He said. “You’re mine

“What?” Eteri went to pull away from him. Suddenly not liking this man at all. She should have seen the warning...his soul was a miasma of black and red, but she was trying hard not to judge people on their souls lately...especially after meeting Nevin and Ezra. “Let go!” She opened her mouth to scream out to Nevin (despite him being nowhere in sight) but Stefan twirled her around and clasped his hand over her mouth. “Shhh...it’s much more satisfying for you -if you don’t fight.” He purred.

Eteri squirmed and tried to knee him but he held fast. He pulled out a thin chained necklace with a red stone in it, with a single hand he fumbled with it, trying to place it around her neck. Eteri continued to writhe in his grip. She couldn’t tell what was wrong with the seemingly innocent jewellery but it oozed with the same thick black that belonged to Stefans soul.

After a few futile struggles Stefan managed to get the necklace onto Eteri. She broke into a run and he followed her in a jovial gait. Humming happily to himself.

Eteri had to get to Nevin. She had to find him and tell him something was wrong. She could feel something terribly wrong course through her body, like a thin binding magic unseen to the human eye. She rounded the corner. There...his shop was right...there…

Her run slowed to a walk as her limbs grew heavy she came to a stop just before reaching his store. Her heart ached. He was right there, right there! Nevin...please look out your window...see me… help me…

Eteri stiffened when she heard Stefan’s rhythmic footsteps and the melodic sound of his hum. “Ah, there we go - took a bit longer than expected.” He mused as he approached her from behind. “It looks lovely on you. Since you’re a cat, I should really add a collar.

Eteri glared at him. “W-what is this?”

“This?” Stefan asked as he pointed to the red stone around her neck. “It’s to bind you to me, you’re mine little one.” He leaned down. “You’re a pretty thing. I can’t wait for you to join the gallery.”

Eteri blinked. Gallery? Artwork? What was he….on...about…

Her head bagan to grow heavy, she wobbled and had to balance herself.

“Mm yes.., that’ll happen as it seeps into your mind. Now…” Stefano glanced up at the shop. “Isn’t that where your little lover lives?” Eteri refused to answer.

“Answer me. Is that where Nevin lives?”

“Yes.” The word left her lips before she could stop it.

“Good...I’m going to get you to leave him, and I’ll show you just how to do it…”

PRESENT TIME

After seeing that look in his eyes and hearing what could only be heartbreak in his voice. It tore at Eteri. She wanted to go back there, she wanted to scream at him that there was something wrong. Why hadn’t he noticed?

Tears stung her eyes as her feet moved her to return to Stefans side. “Ah, you seem to be upset, little pet.” He commented as he roughly wiped the tears away from her eyes. “What ever is wrong with you?”

“Eteri want die…” She whined, after hurting him like that - after knowing that she could very well be the cause of his death. Eteri didn’t want that.She wanted Nevin to be happy. Maybe it’d be good if he just forgot about her.

“Die? Oh. Well yes. That will happen soon. I suppose that’s what happens when your very life is what powers that demonic little gem you’re wearing.” Stefan said as he placed a hand on the mid of Eteri’s back. He was delighted, and didn’t seem at all troubled by the pain around him. “Come now pet. Stop fighting. Give into the influence and I promise you, it’ll be quite blissful for you.”

He started to hum happily again, “Now...lets get you a collar to match my cute, little, artwork of a pet.”
    I am cat gurl, gib me ur soul

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    The days passed by in a blur for Nevin. He knew there were things that he should have been doing. But every time he started to try, the image of Eteri walking out the door would appear in his mind, and he wouldn’t be able to even look in its direction. It was stupid, but he had actually taken to avoiding his front door entirely, going near it only to lock and unlock it. If he had to leave, he would - and he was careful to do this only when no one was around to see - slip out one of the windows towards the back of the house. He would try the door when it wasn’t so raw to be near it.

Of course, he had not been sleeping well at all these last few nights, which was not helping the mental fog that clung to him like a thick, pervasive haze that stayed throughout the days. Every time he tried, he would smell her in the bed. He thought once, just once, about changing the sheets and blankets to rid himself of her scent - but when he had started to do that his threads had rebelled, ripping the blankets from his hands and throwing them back on the bed. If that hadn’t been a clear enough message that he wasn’t ready to forget about her, he didn’t know what would be.

At least he was coherent enough not to take things from her alcove, where her smell was even stronger. He knew if he did that he would never, ever, give himself a chance of getting over losing her. And he wasn’t strong enough to throw it away - if he couldn’t get rid of blankets that (at this point in all honesty probably didn’t even smell of her anymore) she had slept in, going where she had kept her things would probably make him break down crying. And he had had enough of that the first day.

He did stop selling any products with honey in them, though. And twitched with a pained expression if anyone ever asked about it.

But finally, it came to a point where he couldn’t avoid going out for something small anymore. He had to go out and get some food, because there was nothing left to eat in the shop. So he threw on his coat and headed outside. He drew his hood up around his head and tucked his arms into his sides, closing himself off as he walked through the streets of Radasanth.

He had made it to the market when he saw something that made him stumble in his tracks, his eyes wide in anguish. Blue hair, so achingly familiar, and a bouncing blue tail that flicked back and forth - in a slightly odd pattern. It was too steady, like… like a clock metronome, not the wild, untamed lashing he knew it should do. Nevin picked up his pace - Eteri, this was the first chance he’d even seen her since she left him. He had thought she might come back to get something of her possessions - like the bag of soul vials she had left there for safe-keeping - but no, she had never even approached.

Wait. That was - that wasn't right why wasn't that right? His mind shoved aside sorrow and focused, clearer than it had even since she walked out. As his thoughts sharpened, he realized just why that bothered him. Eteri had never come back for the soul vials she had left with him.

She considered those vials absolutely precious. When she had told him they were stored there, she had seemed almost hesitant, then ecstatic. Then she had warned him that she was trusting him to keep her most important treasure safe.

”Eteri leave here, OK? Is safe?” Nevin looked at the pouch she was setting down, and his eyes widened. He recognized the bag - of course he did. She had put the part of his soul she had taken into it, and then put in her friend’s soul that she had been carrying inside of her into it. It was where she stored them - and he had never seen her leave it before. He looked up to her, to see Eteri not quite looking at him. “Is safe?” Her voice was soft as she repeated the question.

Nevin swallowed, his voice thick when he spoke. “Of course it's safe here, Eteri. I will take care of it any time.” She stared at him hard, then had thrown herself at him, her lithe form wrapping around him as she gave her best attempt to squeeze the life out of him. He laughed and rubbed her back, then they had moved the bag to the corner of the room she had claimed and started storing thing in. Once it was settled she had rubbed her head against him.

“Eteri leave here, Nevin know always come back.”

How had he forgotten that? Something was wrong, very, very wrong. He picked up his pace, hurrying forward- and as he got closer, he froze. Eteri was wearing - a red collar? Had she been wearing that when he’d seen her last? He couldn’t remember - all he could remember of her having red on was when they were at the restaurant. And speaking of the restaurant…

A chain hung from the collar around Eteri’s throat, and it was held in a man’s hand. Eteri’s ears were drooped downwards, and her face only moved upwards when the man beside her said something. Nevin didn’t recognize him at first - and then he did. The waiter, from the restaurant. Sweet Crimson.

Sweet fucking crimson. That bastard. He - he should have fucking known that Eteri wouldn't leave him so abruptly, he should have trusted her more. One hand curled into a tight fist, and he moved through the crowd around him, shoving people out of his way - and causing a ruckus in the process.

“Hey did you hear about Stefan? He’s gonna get himself killed one of these days.”

“Yeh, tamed another girl. Got ‘er calling him Master and everything.”

“Tis a shame what happens to them when he gets bored of them though. You think he’d at least let his friends have a go.”

Nevin froze in place, listening. Ice raced through his veins. There was no way, no way that they were talking about - he turned to the men who had been speaking, forcing his features into a rictus of a calm smile.

“Stefan? The waiter from that restaurant a few streets down?”

The older of the men shot Nevin a glare. “Yeh, what’s it to ya? Fuck off mate.”

“That’s enough for me, thank you sir.” So. This bastard toyed with people. And what in the name of the Great Flow did he do to women when he was done? Several people who had turned to watch the man who had been rudely shoving his way through the crowd let out gasps and began moving away quickly.

Nevin’s cloak was roiling, unnatural patterns dancing beneath it, forcing bulges in strange places. Beneath it, his threads had erupted from his skin, and were weaving and dancing, lashing in angry motions. He forced himself to take a deep breath and moved forward, plowing through anyone who didn’t move out of his way fast enough.
    Last edited by Nevin; 12-06-2017 at 05:45 AM.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    “Good….Good…” his voice droned on in a low rumble as Stefan tugged on the chain. “I must admit pet, you are by far the most obstinate one I’ve had yet. You still fight it’s sway over your mind.” He paused as he turned to stand in front of Eteri. Her dull eyes stared back up at him. “I wonder if it’s you… or if its your species… I’ll have to play with a few more of your kind to test this theory. Tell me. Do you know of any others close by?”

“Big sister Ayaka. Will come back in few weeks.” Eteri responded. Her brain was so fogged up, so heavy that the only thing she could really focus on was the man before her. It made it easier to listen to him and to answer his questions.

“Excellent. When she comes I’ll use you to get her to me. Then she’ll be mine too.” Stefan sat down on a bench outside a general store. People flittered in and out, every so often throwing concerning looks toward the two. When Stefan found someone, most tried to ignore it. It was better that way, those who got involved often ended up ‘missing’.The controlling man waited, and a few minutes later - someone came out of the general store. A flighty boy no older than 16 with freckles and ginger hair handed the man a small saucer and a quart of milk. “H-here, sir!”

“Thank you.” Stefan smiled then pulled two coins from his pocket and placed it into the hands of the youth. “Such a pleasure Tim. Stay there a moment if you will…” The boy did not want to stay there. His entire body language made it look as though he wanted to run right the hell away. Still his feet stayed planted firmly in the ground.

Stefan dropped the saucer to the floor and splashed a small amount of milk into it. “Go on pet. Drink.” She leaned forward and done so. The man tousled her hair. “Isn’t that cute? Just like a real cat.”

“I-if you say so sir.” Tim muttered turning away from the scene.

“Want to see more tricks?”

“Not really. I need to-ah.go…”

Stefan waved the thought off dismissively. “No. Stay.” His voice turned dark and the word sent a chill through Tim’s spine, despite his protests. “Better yet.”

Stefan stood, holding his arms out wide. “Ah, it seems we have a bit of a crowd. Be a dear and greet them my pet.”

Eteri’s body shook. Trying to ignore his words but his voice and the command he had over her. She was helpless. The catgirl leaned up, still on her knees and mewled softly. “Good girl...good girl…” Stefan complimented her as he ran his hands through her hair, throwing himself back down onto the bench.

“Don’t be shy, don’t be shy. She may not be for sale, but you can have a closer look. We don’t mind.”

Eteri….was so tired of fighting. So very tired. Wouldn’t it be easier to just give in? The pats were nice, he hadn’t treated her with any ill-will. He hadn’t forced himself onto her or anything of the sort. So was this...really that bad?

The catgirls body slumped and Stefan had to pull her up using the chain. His free hand caught her. “Careful, pet.” His eyes watched her carefully as she slowly sat up. Blinking. Stefan’s lips turned into a malicious smile as he saw the familiar look in her eyes. She had given up, and her will had finally been broken. The lull of the dark magic that the insidious amulet held was far too great for her.

“Ah! Am sorry.” She turned to Stefan with an airt smile. “Am the good Master.”

“Yes...yes you are. It’s good to see you’ve finally stopped fighting.” He mused as his hand shifted downward to trace her chin. “Do you feel better? Now? Doesn’t it feel nice just to give in like that?”

“Yes.” Eteri exclaimed, and it was true. She felt a little lighter and a strange tingling sense of enjoyment filled her entire being. “Am happy with you Master.”

“And so, let’s show the world just what you have to offer shall we?” He asked. Eteri nodded.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Before Nevin could reach the duo - something was happening, he couldn’t see what at this point - a large crowd of people had formed. There was a mixture of sounds - some voices disgusted, some amused, some - and Nevin shot a glare at this source - aroused. What in the hell was happening? He pushed closer, trying to get where he could see -

The bastard. Eteri might be a Nekojin, but she was not an actual cat. She was more in touch with her animalistic side, but she also still didn’t like drinking just from bowls. Nevin tried to push closer, to see what was happening - and a pair of large shoulders slammed together, cutting him off as the two large men talked.

“Damn, he really has got another one, and this one’s a damn looker too.” This voice came from the left, and Nevin froze. The one on the right nodded, his head bobbing in Nevin’s line of sight.

“Yep. Pretty little thing, isn’t she? Shame, right shame. Still, I think she’ll look nice in his -”

“Shh, you fool, we are in public, we don’t need someone hearing you!” The first man cut off his friend with a hard jab in the side with an elbow. And Nevin really, really wished the first man hadn’t been smart enough to cut the other off. Still - he had to get forward, had to see what in cobalt was happening. He gave up trying to get past them, and went around, using his lean frame to his advantage.

He got back to where he could see in time to see Stefan, stroking her hair as he invited people to come up and have a closer look. Eteri was smiling vacantly up at him, a mockery of her normally cheerful smile.

Rage shot through Nevin. There was [i]no way[i/] Eteri was doing this of her own free will. Nevin was immensely glad - and furious. Glad that he now thought that he had confirmation that Eteri hadn’t left him on her own volition - and furious at himself. He was the fool who had gotten Eteri into a situation that drew this man’s eye.

His feeling for this Stefan? That could only be described as pure, murderous rage. Nevin’s tendrils went perfectly still beneath his cloak. This was not a shocked stillness - but a deadly one, like a predator waiting to pounce. He judged the distance mentally - he was twenty feet away. At furthest reach, his threads could reach eight feet. That meant, to kill this fucker, he just had to cross twelve feet of distance. That - he could do that, especially with Stefan encouraging people to come forward. Only a few were - including, though he couldn’t see it, the two men who had been talking.

“Yes, I think I’d like a closer look.” Fury ripped through Nevin’s words as he shouted, shoving people aside. Eleven feet. People looked at him, shocked - even those who were going along with this more were not exactly vocal about it. Ten feet. Long strides carried him forward as Stefan turned to face him. The bastard - Eteri was now facing him, with a vacant version of her normally happy smile on her face. Nine Feet. Someone got in his way, trying to slow him down - it seemed people had seen the rage on his face.

Eight feet - seven sixfivefourthreetwo- Shoving the person aside had given the redhead a clear line, and he had broken into a sprint, his eyes flashing crimson as his magic coursed through his body. His threads tensed, ready to strike -

And he paused. A fatal, crucial pause. The bond between them - he finally saw it. It was strong, it was sturdy, it was powerful - and it was broken. Their strings of fate reached out for each other, desperately trying to connect - but when they did, something dark and oily slid in between them, getting in the way. Instinctively, he knew that this was impossible, or so very wrong. So, without thought, he tried to right it - he didn’t know he could do this, but magic pulsed through his connection, his string of fate, and it surged forward, trying to latch onto hers. For just a moment, he thought he was successful - and then two things happened simultaneously.

Strong arms wrapped around Nevin, one around his throat and one around his waist, halting his forward progress. He was dragged backwards, just in time to see that oily sheen sliding in the way of the string of fate, preventing it from connecting. It stretched out, futilely, and then coiled in on itself, wrapping up into a tight circle.

“Sorry about that, Boss. Don’t know what got in this one’s head. We’ll take care of it.” And with that, Nevin’s vision went black as something hit him up the back of the head, hard.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    She watched as the man wrestled himself forward only to be knocked out. “That was silly.” She said as she clambered up onto Stefan’s lap. By now a few people had gathered and every so often she’d have her ears prodded or her tail touched. People were curious to her nature and how she worked, but Eteri didn’t mind. She didn’t mind because Stefan told her not to mind.

“Some people don’t appreciate true art.” Her Master mused. “And you, pet, are true art. My gallery opens for the select few. Tonight, you will see the wonders of what it has to offer - and soon…” His voice lowered as he wrapped a hand around her waist. “Soon… you will be a part of that gallery, oh but first I need you. I need your Sister.”

Eteri nodded. “Yes. Will get sister to you.” She pressed her head into the crook of Stefan’s neck and sighed happily. “Ayaka need know bliss of being your pet.”

After Nevin had been knocked out the crowd had quickly thinned, no one wanting to get involved. The few that were left...were people who knew the man and his more….sinister deviations.

“So boss, what should we do with this one?”

Stefan glanced down at the man, the hood had fallen loose and it was Nevin. Fighting hard for the little waif he lost. Even now, his body was somehow still moving forward, or would have been if one of his enforcers wasn’t kneeling on his back. Bloody fingers dug into the ground, trying to pull forward, but with no real strength. Stefan didn’t understand it. What was so good about one girl?

“Are you hungry pet?”

Eteri nodded. “Well, I think this man has just volunteered to be your meal. Wouldn’t it be nice to eat him at the gallery tonight?”

Eteri furrowed her brows. A small part of her questioned the logic. The discussion seemed familiar. Why would she want to eat N-ne….wait...no. She wasn’t sure she knew this man. “If cook?” She asked.

“Sure. Over an open fire.” Stefan grinned. “Let’s go prepare.”

With a gesture of his head, the two men dragged Nevin’s unconscious body away.

A few hours had passed and they had moved to the port. A large shed, guarded by men was illuminated in dull hues by the flickering lights of lanterns hung around the place. Stefan walked up to a small side door with Eteri in tow. He wore a brilliant royal blue suit, clean pressed. Polished shoes, and his hair had been slicked back. The man guarding the door gave him a nod.

He turned to Eteri, who was wearing a long white dress, it was ruffled and flimsy, the material practically see-through. Tiny white flowers circled her head in a neat wreath. “Ahh, the purity of white…” Stefan purred. “Don’t you love how man associates the colour with all that is holy, and just with this world. I can’t wait to see it stained in red.”

“Eteri like red.” Eteri said as she followed him inside.

The large shed, also known as ‘The Gallery’ was a secret to most. Only those deemed worthy had access to it, and with good reason. All sorts of creatures, mostly female others male were dotted around the place, contorted in strange positions. Their pristine corpses like morbid statues. Some had their arms ripped off, others had no head.

There were even couples, one such were two women were entwined in one another in a carnal act.

They all had two things in common; one, they all had the same red necklace Eteri wore and two; despite many of them being deceased for months, even years they looked fresh. All part of the dark magic that surrounded the place. A few people dotted the inside. Some admiring the statues...others taking part in the ‘display’ touching and feeling them.

Stefan breathed in deep. “Ahh...isn’t this beautiful?” He asked as he showed off his work. “Each one, a beauty in life - now- here.. Thhy can live forever, they can be enjoyed forever.” Stefan turned and met Eteri with a wide grin. “Their souls bound here, forever seeing, forever feeling the enjoyment they bring to all who come here. Don’t you want to be a part of that?”

Eteri glanced around, then turned to her Master. “Yes. Eteri want to.”

A morbid chuckle broke through Stefan’s lips. “Excellent...excellent, soon my pet - but tonight. We are going to offer our patrons something special. Look.”

He gestured to the center of the room, where a large fire pit had been set. The hole looked as though it used to house water, mildew dotted the sides of the space. Now, it was dry and filled with wood and kindling. Over the pit was a large metal pole, the kind you’d see a large wild boar attached to when roasting over a fire.

“I want to see you splattered in red.”

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin came to into a depressingly familiar situation. He had been half-stripped, leaving only his trousers on, and he was hanging from chains in a wall. There were people talking nearby, soft voices.

“I’m telling you, those weird lines are just going to accentuate the flavor. He’s not tattooed, I’ve seen those before, no ink in those. Didn’t you see the way it squirmed? I think he’s got like, worms or something in his skin.” Well, that was aggravating, just one more dark point on top of the shitstorm he was locked in. Nevin flexed his arms, and the iron chains creaked. Good, they were rusty. As he hung there - someone had to come in to check on him again soon, he ran through the situation.

Girlfriend left him, and it seems like someone had put some kind of a massive mind whammy on her. That someone was an asshole that Nevin had unintentionally drawn the attention of, by trying to experiment and play with his girlfriend in public. Before she left him that is. After three or four days in an utterly depressed downward spiral, the need for food had driven him out of his shop for the first time since he was dumped, and while he was out, he found out about the mind whammy. And when trying to save his girlfriend, he was knocked out. And now, he was hung up, locked in chains, with what sounded like cannibals discussing whether or not his tendrils would add or detract from his flavor.

Wasn’t this just wonderful? Then the door creaked, and two large men came in. “Oh look, Horace. Meat’s awake.”

“Looks like he is indeed. Good.” Thick flow. These were the two assholes that had stopped him from saving Eteri. They approached him. “Guess what Meat? You’re going to serve that little blue-haired girl you were trying to get near. You’ll get the closest experience any of us could ever hope - you’re going to be one of her last meals. She’s already said she’d help Boss get her sister, so she’s on her countdown.” There was a cruel smile on the man’s face. Nevin spat on him, and he lashed out, crashing a fist into Nevin’s ear.

“Hey man, the collars on- that countdown started the moment it clasped around her neck.”

Nevin froze, as they grabbed him. The collar.

The collar. That was the key. So, they thought that Eteri was doomed? Not a damn chance. Not a single, damn chance. One of them saw him looking at them, and shoved his fist into the hanging alchemist’s gut, making him spit up a bit. If anything had been in Nevin’s stomach, he would have thrown up, but all that was left was bile.

The other guy snorted. “Wish boss would tell us how he got ‘em. Just click then boom. They’re putty, then their life energy is zapped on out and their bodies...oh god their bodies…” He gave a visible shiver. “Just as good as the day they walked…”

“Right - now then. Boss said it was almost time for dinner, so it looks like Meat here get’s to make his final appearance.” With that, he cuffed Nevin hard, and then they unlocked his chains, immediately grabbing his arms and frog-marching him out of the cell, cruelly twisting his arms so that he couldn’t even walk without pain.

Nevin actually went along with it, not that they realized. Eight feet, and he could save her. He’d deal with this trash afterwards. Then, after freeing Eteri, then, he’d start the process of flaying this mother fucker that thought he could kill them.

So down the halls they walked, Nevin trapped between the burly men as they moved. Every so often, one would punch or elbow him, and when he twisted to give them an angry glare, they just smirked at him.

“What, you gotta tenderize meat before you cook it, Meat.” Another punch. And then they were out, Nevin’s feet dragging along the ground. He was taller than the two men trying to drag him, so they couldn’t actually fully lift him from his feet here. That didn’t seem to bother them though.

“BOSS! MEAT IS HERE!” One of the men shouted, right by Nevin’s ear, half-deafening him. The hall went quiet as eyes twisted to the sight of them.

Nevin was absolutely disgusted. Arranged all around them were people, in elaborate attire, dressed up like this was nothing more than an evening at the ball. How on earth - what on earth was wrong with these delusional idiots, that they got off on watching murder? In the center of the room was a blazing fire, already roaring and spitting, with a large spit set up in the center. The spike rod for the spit was set to one side, on the side that he was being dragged towards.

These disgusting excuses for human existences, truly meant to eat him?

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    “Can eat? Can has?” Eteri asked as she went to run toward the man. Stefano pulled on the chain, reigning her in. “Now, now my pet. Whatever happened to wanting to cook him first?” He chuckled as he ran a finger along the underside of her chin. “Don’t tempt me to keep you - ah…” His eyes fell down to the glimmering collar around her neck, then below that the thrumming red pendant. “Even if I did want to, it’s too late now, your very life is being drained..”

“Because will become part of gallery soon?” Eteri asked, tilting her head up toward him. It didn’t sound so bad. Sure...she’d never move again but she’d be beautiful. She’d be loved. She’d be a true work of art.

“Pain is almost palpable. I can’t decide which I enjoy more...the sounds of those crying out in a symphony of agony… or the crackling sound of heartbreak. I get to feast on both tonight.” He drew Eteri in, wrapping an arm around her waist to cup a hand upon her buttock. The other shifted to the back of her neck and drew her in for a long kiss.

The few onlookers began to make their way to the center of the room, mostly men, all dressed in suits and wearing masquerade masks to hide their identity. There were a few women wearing elegant ball gowns that watched from further away. One of which slowly fanned herself with an ornate fan.

Stefan drew away, liking his lips. Grinning as Nevin was dragged forward. “Time to start the show.” He stepped away from Eteri and rose his hands up in the air. His booming voice echoed around. “Light the fires! Come join, come join. You , my lovely regular patrons. Fellow fans of the finer arts, lovers of the languid and the few who are smart enough to let their desires whisk them away to new heights. Tonight… tonight I have a very special show for you.”

The fires in the pit had been lit, springing to life. Stefan stood on one side with Eteri close by. Nevin on the other. Separated by large flames that soared high, licking the ceiling.

“Dinner and a show!” he gleamed and the crowd politely clapped as Nevin was pushed forward toward the fire. Another set of men had the metal pole at the ready.

“Well Meat - time to roast you up good.”

“You are disgusting. This is not love, or art.” Nevin’s voice was cold and hard, his eyes blazing red fires burning in his skull as he glared at Stefan.

Stefan grnned. “Eteri...be a dear and walk into the fire.”

She turned to him. “Am Eteri going to be food too?”

Stefan’s eyes never left Nevin’s. “Yes. Now go.”

Eteri began to walk toward the fire, and would have fallen right on in if Stefan hadn’t pulled back on the chains, keeping it taught. The smell of burning hair filled the room. “THIS….is art…” Stefan mused as he tugged on the chain, pulling Eteri out. Her face was singed, so were her ears, tail and hair. Parts of her hands, torso, and arms were red, blistering with welts. She had severe burns and yet she hadn’t made a sound. Nevin had begun to strain as soon as she moved, nearly ripping free. She hadn’t been close enough to save - but so close. He couldn’t get free, not of his own, normal strength.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “Throw him in the fire!” The shout energized him. If he died here, now - Eteri would die too. He could not let that happen. All along his visible skin, red bled out, threads wrapping around his body in a crimson tide, covering all of the pale flesh that had been there seconds before. An animalistic growl ripped from him - as he ripped his arms free of the men, flinging them to the sides with far more strength than his frame should have possessed. There were shocked gasps in the crowd - as Nevin disdained trying to move around, choosing the most direct route possible.

He leapt into the flames.

Stefan wrapped his arms around Eteri, pulling her in close, using her as a shield. His laughter crackled over the burning flames. “Yes… YES! This is a SHOW!”

The roaring flames burned, agony racing across his form. Nevin wasn’t feeling the fire with just one set of nerves - his threads felt too, and so the scorching heat raged across them as well, a double dose of pain. But This pain, what should have crippled, barely registered, in fact, didn’t register.

Because he was close enough. Ten feet now separated them, and his attention was already poised to act. As his feet raced across the fiery wood, the thread of fate shot forward, crashing through the oily sheen that tried to intercept it - and connected. Bright red warmth, an entirely different heat, raced through the connection, a brilliant light guiding him forward as he charged.

The fire in front of them swelled - and a fiery figure burst forth, the fire clinging to him as it burned along his flesh. Ropes of flame shot forward, bursting from his skin.

Stefan flung Eteri toward the fire, “Ah! You. YOU are the real work of art! What are you?” He took a step toward Nevin. “Writing, screaming in agony, body aflame and dripping in blood! I must have it. I MUST!”

The burning threads swirled through the air, shedding flames, revealing charred red threads. A net caught Eteri, saving her from the fire Nevin had just charged through, and almost contemptuously he ripped the collar away, tearing the fabric as his blazing eyes stabbed Stefan.

“I am the King of the Crimson Flow. You want blood, you want art? Then have it.” Threads arced through the air, shooting for the bastard. Nevin would grab him, fling him into the fire he had tried to use to make a show. The flames still wrapped around Nevin’s frame, but his threads were shivering rapidly, rubbing out the sources of the flame that clung to him.

Stefan had an almost euphoric grin on his face. He spread his arms out - and ropes and coils of threads pierced him - shoulders, hands, gut, legs, and through his chest. The man coughed, as Nevin twisted, swinging him up into the air, his threads straining with effort. Stefan coughed, blood dribbling from his mouth as he grinned, a bloody valentine smile, at Nevin.

“YES, YES! GLORIOUS! MAKE ME ART!” And Nevin obliged. He ripped his threads, still plunged into the madman, apart, sending a shower of blood across the room. Blood spray splattered across the guests, drenching their elegant clothes - but not a drop touched Nevin or Eteri. Any that might have come close to the man, cradling the blue-haired cat girl to his chest, turned into solid little pellets of blood that thudded into them, and were then brushed away with a disgusted expression on Nevin’s face.

He was not expecting the thunderous applause. He looked around, flames dying around him, Eteri laying cradled in his arms, and was dumbfounded to see that the gathered crowd were - they were cheering for him. Then, almost as if it didn’t matter that Stefan had perished, they bowed and began to leave, trickling out from the back of the crowd at first, then in greater numbers.

The show was done. The Red King had won against the Black, and now they had no reason to stay. So they didn’t. Nevin ignored them, instead focusing on his precious burden, hugging Eteri close to his chest, praying that she responded, that he hadn’t been too late.

“Eteri, honey, please, wake up, please honey, please stay with me. Honey, it’s Nevin, come on, open those pretty eyes.” Desperation in his voice, Nevin stroked Eteri’s scorched face, trying to cool her down, not actually processing that he was far warmer than she was right now.

“I need to be art.” She said, staring at the ceiling.

“Oh honey. Oh, honey. You’re gorgeous, just as you are. Stay with me.” Nevin tightened his arm around her, tears blurring his sight. Sure, he could kill the asshole, but - but his shitty magic, useless blood powers, they couldn’t help her. “You already were a work of art to me, honey.” He stood up, scooping her into his arms.

The men who had beaten him before had gotten to their feet, and were staring, dumbfounded at him. He leveled a hard glare on them. “Out of my way. Now. Or die.”

“O-of course, my Lord!” Well, that couldn’t be good. He shoved that concern out of his mind, and carried his precious burden out of this shithole.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    She felt herself being carried away, she felt hot, and she felt pain but she was told not to react to these things. She was told to only react when she became red and she was still white. She could feel a heart beat hard against her ears as she was held tighter against the man’s chest. Eteri felt a hand brush her hair out of her face and she stared up at him with blank eyes.

Who was he again?

She groaned.

“It’s ok...it’s ok...we’re almost home… just a little further.”

He sounded frantic. Why? She felt fine. She hurt - but she was told to be fine so..Eteri had to be fine.

“It’s ok, honey. I’m going to help you, these burns aren’t anything, I can help you with them, I have medicine.” He didn’t, not on hand, but he did have the stuff to make it. Burn salve was easy. What wasn’t easy was navigating his way through the streets with his arms holding onto her - at some point, he began wrapping his threads around her, wincing as the burnt parts cracked and broke, revealing bright, pained, crimson again. “Almost home, and you’ll be ok. Oh Eteri, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.”

“Why is you sorry, Master?” She said, blinking blankly at him. Nevin made a pained expression but bit his tongue. They made their way to what Eteri could only assume was his store… no wait, this place was familiar. Yes. This was definitely his store. Eteri was set down gently.

“Please...go sit down whilst I fix the salve. It - it won’t take long, honey.”

Eteri blinked at him slowly, and the conditioning in her mind prodded her. “Yes, Master.” She went and sat down on the nearest chair and waited. Just as she was asked to do. This man was now her new Master, the old one had been turned into art and now this man was the new director.

She watched him work with shaking hands, he dropped a vial, swore then picked up another. He disappeared into the back room. Eteri was left waiting for several minutes. She wasn’t curious as to where he went. She just...waited patiently.