EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

The Little Alchemist Who Could - Part II [OPEN]

The sign for Toivonen ~ Medicine and Alchemy Shop, a humble little alchemist's shop in Scara Brae, swung lightly in the wind. On the wooden front porch, a young woman swept the steps. She wrapped the job up, placing a hand on her hip and looking out into the sunlight. The redheaded teen wore a blue tunic, which reached down to her knees and black leggings today. The white shoes were lightlt dusted with dirt from sweeping. Her hair was pulled back in a bun, yet her longer hair was still loose and curled at the front.

The girl walked inside the shop. As she walked across the blue carpeted floor, past the shelves of potions and pills, Daisuke called from behind the mahogany counter, "I'm leaving for a while, dear. Clean up and get the apron on 'cause you're in charge again."

A rosey smile spreas across the girl's face. She pumped her fist, whisping "yes!" as she carelessly dropped her broom and ran to the back to get clean. Daisuke smiled and shook his head. He picked up the broom and put it away, muttering to himself in fond amusement.

Felicity walked out again, floorboards groaning beneath. Daisuke sighed, "Please be more orderly and less destructive this time around."

She erupted into nervous laughter.

Daisuke walked over and put a gentle hand on her shoulder, "I know you will do great."

Felicity simply nodded with a sweet smile. She proudly walked behind the counter and put her white apron on. Her sword hidden behind the main desk, she was both sweet and ready to fight if trouble took place. Daisuke felt fond and happy for the girl he viewed as his granddaughter of sorts. He took a leap of faith, exiting the door and leaving Felicity Rhyolite in charge...

... with all the crazies in town today, maybe he chose the wrong time for a day off.

~~~

OOC: OPEN SHENANIGANS THREAD!!! Please keep this PG-13 at the most, though? Let's have some fun! Takes place in a small town in Scara Brae.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 12-05-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin shifted his pack on his shoulder and shook his head slightly. He had been wandering around the small nation of Scara Brae for a few days now, taking in the sights and stretching out his legs. He'd been feeling cooped up of late, and needed to just get away for a little bit. And with Eteri off doing who knows what, this was the perfect time for him to go wandering himself. The redhead had ended up in some random, small village town, one that he swore sounded familiar when he saw the greeting sign, but he couldn't quite place where he knew the name from.

Then it clicked, and he snapped his fingers and began rummaging around in his pouches. It took him a few moments, and he found what he was looking for.

Toivonen's - Purveyors of Fine Medicines and Alchemical Products.
    Located in the idyllic village of Oakwood!
    Proprietor: Daisuke Toivonen
    Well. That was Oakwood, plastered on the sign behind him. It looked like he was in the right place. The corner of his lips twisted upwards slightly. While he didn't need a favor from the redheaded teen, he felt like he might as well swing by and give her a visit. Besides, he didn't actually go into many other Alchemy shops where he wasn't hurriedly trying to buy one ingredient to finish something - it might be nice to talk shop with this 'Daisuke'. And Nevin paused for a moment.

Talk shop, and possibly have a very firm discussion on the repercussions of testing unknown chemicals on children who trusted you.

So he began looking round, passing an older man who was walking away with a nervously happy expression on his face at one point. It was odd enough that it tuck in Nevin's mind, until he saw the sign proclaiming the shop. He grinned - well the town was small, so thankfully he couldn't get lost here. He pushed his way inside, noting that the door seemed rather new.

"Hello the shop. Who might be in today?"
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity was hyperly tapping the bell on the counter up until she heard a familiar voice...

"Hello the shop. Who might be in today?"

Her eyes widened. The girl gasped as a smile crossed her face. "Nevin!"

Immediately, she raced out from behind the desk. The teen quickly gave the blood mage a warm hug. A soft smile was embedded across her face. If it were not for this man, her research on her own powers and abilities would not have come as far as they had. Nevin additionally helped her emotionally. He had acted as a surprising mentor to her, and they related to each other's haunted pasts. In the short amount of time Felicity had known him, the blood alchemist had become like an odd sort of older brother. He was literally the closest she ever felt to her deceased older cousin again...

She opened her eyes, breaking the hug as she bounced in excitement, "Oh my gosh, you're here!"

Her face immediately coated with worry, "Uh- I'm the one in charge today! Sorry that it's so messy."

The shop was literally spotless. Every potion, vial, piece of furniture, and book was not an inch out of place.

The redhead ran behind her main desk again, "Did you need a favor? When I'm freed up when Daisuke and Max come back, I'll be happy to help!"

She smiled from behind the counter, her head tilted in a joyful manner. She was genuinely happy to see his face again.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 12-05-2017 at 11:31 PM.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    His name, said in a surprised gasp, and Nevin barely had time to blink before he had been enveloped in a tight, warm hug. He blinked for a second before returning it, carefully gripping - Oh, it was Felicity! He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and squeezed for a second before she stepped back. He straightened his jacket a little and chuckled shaking his head at the teen's enthusiasm. Without her unnatural mood swings stifling her - at least for the time being - her natural energy was shining through again. At least his ribs could handle this, he thought with a grin.

He looked around the shop, raising an eyebrow. "Mess?" When did air become messy? This place was as clean as his shop ever was - barring visits from individuals who knocked things over or ate candies that were toxic to their system and began vomiting everywhere. Then he shook his head and focused his gaze back on her just as she ran back to the back of the counter. She propped herself up, looking every inch a young woman who was minding the shop for her family while they stepped out for a moment. When she said that she was the one running the shop currently, he raised one eyebrow and looked around. For a moment, there was a dark grimace on his face that he quickly wiped away.

"So, then, Daisuke Toivonen isn't in? I had hoped to have a discussion with that man about proper experimental procedures." His voice was a low grumble before he shook his head and focused back on Felicity, smiling softly.

"You've been left in charge, then? That's grand! How are things going for you?" He began casually browsing the vials and ingredients on their shelves - saving the books for last, in case they had any he hadn't come across before. The thought of a certain tome, laying in his bag, was heavy in his mind. But considering what Daisuke had done with sheer chemistry applied alchemy, he wasn't sure he wanted to mention the primer to Felicity.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity had energy bouncing off her in waves, "I'm great! No, Daisuke's not here." - She had not heard him mumble under his breath - "He actually just left."

As Nevin browsed through the vials, Felicity attempted to sound a little more formal.she explained the shelves system, "The vials are alphabetically listed from the far left shelf to right."

She leaned against the counter, "We also have medicines and potions behind the counter. If it's not available I can always make a fresh batch - with the right ingredients!"

She felt so smart right then. Although, that should have been common knowledge.

The sunlight bathed the blue and dark brown room in warmth. The two major front windows gave outsiders a solid view of the neat pharmacy inside. The oak Open! Please come in! sign hung off the right window, ready to be smoothly changed when needed.

Felicity was already starting to get bored. She rapidly moved her hands in chirpy body language as she spoke, "Need anything for a cold? Headaches? Max takes headache meds all the time..."

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    The teen was practically vibrating in her seat as she rattled things off to Nevin while he casually wandered the isles. She seemed so excited to be doing this that Nevin felt a little bad that it seemed like she didn't really have any customers. Of course, he couldn't quite fault that - Oakwood didn't seem to have the biggest need of constantly on hand alchemy products, they probably saw their highest turnaround on simpler things like - yes, like headache medicines,
    he thought, as he turned to grin at the girl.

This then, was the problem with leaving a younger person behind to watch the shop without giving them things to actually do. It was fine to let them be if they had casual brewing projects to keep their attention occupied, but if they didn't,
    well, this would happen. Felicity was twitching in her seat, her hands darting about as she tried to bleed off some of her energy - or, she was somewhat like a cat, and moved a bit erratically when she was happy. He was curious which was the case,
    or if she was even aware that she was doing it. He leaned against the counter and smiled at her, shaking his head slightly.

"Well, I'll tell you what. I think I will buy some headache medicine from you, Felicity. But!" He raised one long, slender finger into the air. He reached it out and poked her on the tip of her nose. "But, I want it to be fresh brewed by you. I want to see where you're standing at in terms of progress. How about it? Care for a little challenge?" The male redheaded alchemist gave a grin, knowing full well that if she was anything like he thought she was, the little ragechild would not be able to
    resist the urge to take on the challenge.

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The moment a challenge was even hinted, Felicity was ready for it. A confident smirk crossed her face. Raring to go, her fist came down on the table, "Just watch me!"

She immediately raced to the back. She only half paid attention to the surroundings of the cluttered room she knew well. She only got the ingredients and supplies she needed. She burst out if the swinging doors again before neatly organizing everything. She laid out the ingredients to her right, the equipment to her left. While a cocky energy was still exploding like fireworks in her eyes, her face was now serious and focused. After properly placing everything in the respective places, she pulled out clean gloves and slipped them on her hands. From there on out, she picked up a set of small, crooked brown roots.

"This is mooseroot. Found in Raiaera, it has been known to help ease pain on a magical level for a millennia. During the Rise Against Ignorance, experiments were done by the predecessors of today's New Elves. As it turned out, this root has a magical chemical that numbs the TRPV-1 receptors. In concentrated doses it can completely block it for a short time, but that high of a concentration can be dangerous for those with high blood pressure. This is why the more advanced variation of this potion is served behind the counter..."

As she spoke, she already was taking the needed roots and crushing them. As the precious juice spilled out, it was properly drained into a wooden bowl below the crushing equipment.

She continued to work; explaining each and every origin of every ingredient...

Felicity Playlist.

EXP: 28,286, Level: 7
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next Level: 6,714
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,714

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Shimmering with sparkly blue wings, a line of thin silver gracefully slashed against the sparkling blue, a butterfly nimble and quick was flying a way from an overly excited little kitten. Her chocolate brown hair was blowing from the wind, as the curious little one was making leaps and grabs with her paw. Trying desperately to catch the pretty floating treasure just out of her grasp.

“Come on Mister butterfly! Let me catch you! I want to take you home to admire!” Mylie’s Little voice chirped excitedly. She was already getting weird looks from the passer bus on the bustling street in Oakwood. But the mischievous tiny cat didn’t care. She just wanted to catch her prize.

“MYLIE RIVFADER!” a loud mothering voice screamed. Rainee has appeared soon after her daughter was still prancing after the butterfly. She had decided to treat her little angel to a salmon lunch and she had heard that Oceania was a fine seafood restaurant located in Oakwood. Their little outing had been going smoothly, the mother daughter doing had eaten clam chowder without any mishaps, they had just gotten through salad when the butterfly had appeared. Completely distracting her daughter from the delicious meal and causing her dear one to wander off after the shiny insect.

With profuse apologies to the maitre’d and promising to come back and pay, the cat-mother had scrambled off after her wayward daughter. Now she had been chasing Mylie for a good thirty minutes and the nekojin was frazzled and annoyed!

“Young lady get back here this instance if you don’t come here no sweets for a month!”

The tiny kitten was too distracted to hear her mother’s warning, when she saw the pretty sapphire butterfly hovering in front of an alchemist shop door, she tried to pounce it, but missed completely and tumbled tail first into a clean neat alchemist shop. The first thing Mylie noti ced was she had not caught the butterfly, which was now fluttering around a familiar looking red haired man. Her green eyes blinked before she recognized him. Nevin the nice man who had let her and mommy sleep at his shop.

Scurrying to hide behind him she squealed “Hi Nevin! Hide me from mommy! I made her mad!” She then reached forward to cling to Nevins pant leg peering out to see if her mother had seen what shop she had tumbled into.

The buttefly fluttered around the crimson haired alchemist and the hiding little kitten as the belle jangling the door open announced the arrival of Mylie’s mother.

The blue haired nekojin looked annoyed her hand was on her hip as she noticed her daughter hiding behind a red haired man. Her voice was stern as sh lectured “ Mylie you know better then too, “ seeing. Who the crimson haired man was she groaned and said sofktly “Nevin... hello. Please stop shielding my daughter.! I need to lecture her on manners! You know better Mylie RIVFADER then to run off on me when we are having a nice meal!”

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin and Felicity left the back of the store where she had been working on her medicine pills. He was already getting ready to count out the money, and was leaning against the counter and speaking with Felicity about what she had been working with. The sound of the door chiming brought him out of his talks -

And there was a majestic blue butterfly that fluttered around him circling him. The male redhead blinked and held up one hand, watching with a raised brow as it fluttered down and landed on his outstretched finger. "Well hello the-" There was an excited, high pitched voice that was familiar, and then a weight on Nevin's pant leg. He blinked, looked to the redhead behind the counter, then he slowly looked down.

Well. That was a familiar face, and not one he had expected to see in the near future. He reached down and ruffled the young girl's hair, careful not to touch her upright ears. "Well hello, Mylie. Have you run off from Rainee-" Ah, there was the woman in question herself. He gently pulled Mylie off of his leg, letting her wrap one hand around his finger as he bowed a bit to Rainee.

"A pleasure to see you again, Rainee. It seems your little one has found me, - Mylie, did you run from your mother?" Nevin knelt down and stared into her eyes for a moment. "That's very not good young lady. You got lucky this time and found someone you knew, but think about how worried your mother would have been, and how scared, if you had gone missing." Nevin stood up and gently pushed her towards back towards Rainee.

"Sorry, some introductions. Rainee, Mylie,this is Felicity, an Alchemist and friend of mine. Felicity, these ladies are a couple of acquaintances of mine from a while ago. How are you both doing?"

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity looked up from mixing two ingredients with curiosity as a little girl raced in and hugged Nevin's legs. A bright smiled crossed her face as she squealed, "AW, IT'S A CUTE LITTLE NEKO KITTE-"

Then mommy neko came in and started shouting at the kid. As she as Nevin exchanged hello's, Felicity raised an eyebrow. How coincidental of a previous acquaintance of Nevin's to come on in - by accident! Still, the amused teen fondly rolled her eyed and continued to mix the herbs.

"Adorable kid!" She piped before remembering that said kid had apparently done a no-no, "I mean, I have paddles and a back shed if you need it, mommy Rainee..."

As Felicity looked back down to the mixing bowl, letting the costumers converse, curiosities sprung into her mind. As a pre-teen growing up in Corone, she had heard stories of the mountain people of the isolated mountains of the Akashima region. She heard tales of human-cat hybridizations, but never met any until this moment. Even as a half-neanderthal hailing from Eiskalt herself, other humanoid species intrigued her. She could not help but catch the woman and child's kitty ears from the corner of her eyes. This whole thing was rather adorable.

Maintaining politeness and the skills of a cashier, she still tried to keep to herself. Felicity poured her mixture into a small pan. She then turned towards to back to take the medicine to the coolent device. After the liquid would quickly reach its freezing temperature, Felicity would put small doses of the mixture into capsules for consumption.

Several seconds after she entered the swinging doors, she came back out again. She re-tightened her apron and started to clean up the remaining mess on the counter. She could not less a mess remain with people in the shop! As she worked, Nevin and this Rainee's conversation continued.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 12-09-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Felicity Playlist.