Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

EXP: 28,286, Level: 7
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next Level: 6,714
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,714

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Mylie’s little kitty ears twitched rapidly as she listened to Nevin’s advice. Her tail joined her twitching ears by starting to swish back and forth. Her young mind was able to comprehend what the red haired man was saying. That she shouldn’t wander off from her mommy’s care, while the little kitten didn’t want to worry her mommy, her curious nature always prevented the chocolate haired little nekojin from being a good a girl as she could.

This was evident now as even as Nevin pushed Mylie back towards her irritated mother’s arms, the agile little one swiveled on her feet and begin to bounce up and down. She remembered the sweet candy she had gotten at Nevin’s shop and now she wanted more. In a excited squeal she exclaimed “I get what your saying Mister Nevin! I’ll try to not cause mommy trouble! But! “ her adorable green eyes grew round like saucers as she meowed out “ Can I have some candy pweese?!”

Rainee’s ears twitched in annoyance and a hand covered her face as she could feel the embarrassment coursing through her body. Her little angel had tumbled right into a quaint little shop, her keen sense of smell noticed herbs, pungent and combined into various concoctions and potions. The next thing she noticed was the familiar voice of Nevin, the kind-hearted alchemist who had let her daughter and her stay at his shop when she had overdosed on a catnip potion and alcohol . She also heard an excited girl’s voice, first exclaiming how cute her rambunctious daughter was. Then trying to be serious by offering a back shed and a paddle, a laugh escaped Rainee’s lips.

Her daughter sure knew how to drive her crazy! Removing the hand covering her face. The nekojin mumbled politely “The paddle and back shed won’t be necessary miss! But, thank you for the eagerness to help me out with my little one!” Her silver eyes then shifted from the form of the red haired teen to Nevin as exsparation was clear in her voice as she groaned “ we meet again due to a butterfly and my daughter’s curiousity Nevin!” She then gathered Mylie into her arms, hugging her precious girl tight as she finished saying “I’m glad she ran into you and not a stranger!”

She then stared into her daughter’s unashamed eyes and said sternly “ Mylie Rivfader! You know better then to run off on me! You shouldn’t let wanting to catch a butterfly override your common sense! What if you had gotten kidnapped?”

Mylie meowed softy her tail twitching as she chirped “ You would have saved me mommy! Besides the butterfly is pretty! I want it for a pet! “ her chocolate brown eyes then stared at the sapphire butterfly as it fluttered it’s wings and crawled slightly higher up Nevin’s finger.

A sigh left the cat-mother’s lips, her tone was frazzled as she exclaimed “ Mylie... what am I going to do with you?”

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    "You're right Mylie." Nevin knelt down and stared into the chocolate eyes of the tiny girl. "Your mother would have tried to save you if you'd been taken. But what if she got hurt? Or if you did? Think about how hurt your mother would be if something bad happened to you. I'm sure your mother would have come with you if you'd asked for permission to follow the butterfly." The thing was proving rather tame as it moved on his hand, shifting in place. Odd, creatures had been avoiding him for a while but now they were starting to flock to him. It was strange.

He stood up and shook his head - then looked to Rainee. "I doubt that Felicity has any candy here, most alchemists don't bother making it. However, another of your acquaintance might just be in possession of a few, if you think a precocious little one deserves one." Hopefully the obtuse, dense language would keep the little girl from realizing that he meant he actually did have some on him. He hadn't expected to meet Mylie or Rainee here - but Nevin had learned that children almost universally loved hard candies, and keeping some with him meant he would always have a bribe on hand if he needed it.

Then he slowly turned to Felicity, grinning a bit as he looked at her. The women had missed the redheaded girl said, but he hadn't. So, Felicity liked cute things. Oh, and wasn't this ammunition to tease with? He casually leaned on the counter as Rainee chastised her daughter again.

"Yes, she is rather cute, isn't she? Makes the most adorable noises when she's falling asleep in Rainee's arms, too." His voice was a soft murmur, pitched for the other alchemist's ears. "And I wouldn't worry too much about cleaning at the moment kiddo. The two of them - well. They have a penchant for knocking things over when they're excited, and I know Mylie probably wants to play with you. She's a very energetic young girl." He chuckled as he remembered all the things the two of them had knocked over in his own store.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    The moment Nevin spoke of the cat girls making a mess, her eyes dilated three times larger. She dropped the wooden spoon she had onto the counter. Two words entered her head:

Oh no.

After a moment spent internally screaming, Felicity swiftly pulled the supplies together then headed out back. The doors swung as, briefly, the sound of glass shattering, a spare broom snapping in half, and a growl sounded from inside.

Seconds later, she reamerged with a fake but convincing smile. She carried a glass of water and the more potent variant of her Mooseroot concoction; as well as her blood thinners. She popped four pills, two of each kind, into her mouth then drank the H2O. As she set the glass down, she glanced at the little girl.

"No, this is not candy."

She then glanced at Nevin and smiled, "Your blood thinners are great, by the way." She took another swig of water.

Let the insanity begin...
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Mylie's eyes grew round like saucers at the noise she heard coming from the back room. The growl, the sound of something snapping in half and the sound of shattering glass caused the little kitten to jump slightly up in the air. Her antics caused the beautiful sapphire butterfly to flutter from Nevin's finger and it begin to float around the store like a bright blue beacon. A beacon that was catching the startled little kitten's attention. In a excited voice Mylie muttered "I know Nevin, I know mommy always protects me and..." before she leapt off to chase after the butterfly the jittery little girl had to finish her conversation with Nevin first, turning to look up at him with her round cute green orbs she garbled out "I know mommy could get hurt, she'll do anything for me. I don't want that...but, it's my instincts! When I see something I want! I can't help but chase after it Mister Nevin! Maybe...though, your right I could ask mommy to join in my fun!" her tail then twitched after her last words left her mouth.

Her energy was endless as without hesitation she bounded onto the shop's counter top and begin to scramble after the butterfly, over her shoulder she purrs "I know your pills aren't candy! They don't smell sweet like Mister's Nevin's do! By the way I still want candy Nevin!" she then begin to try to gracefully leap over the various potion concoctions that were neatly lined up on the pristine counter. However her tail always in motion managed to nip the side of a small star shaped bottle and it tipped over onto the counter-top. The little rambunctious kitty was not paying attention, her only goal was to catch the little fluttering insect that was just out of her grasp to catch as a pet!

Rainee meanwhile let out an exasperated sigh, her voice was stern as she called to her daughter "Mylie...Honey come on! Please don't chase the pretty blue butterfly all over this nice girl's store! You are going to make a mess! If you have to exert that endless supply of energy sweetie, why don't you ask Nevin to play with you? Or perhaps..." Rainee gestured to the teenage girl alchemist who was trying to cope with her daughter's troublesome behavior and finished up "this nice young lady here? Playing games with them would be a much calmer way to have fun, instead of causing a ruckus by chasing this poor scared creature all over this shop!"

Mylie let out a pained meow, her paw now tipping over a medium sized leaf shaped potion bottle in an attempt to grab the skittering butterfly just out of her reach. Her face looked focused but annoyed as she whined "Nooooo mommy! I don't want to play! I want this butterfly! It keeps flying away from me!"

The nekojin's silver eyes narrowed to slits, her voice was growing even more tense as she hissed out, her tail now twitching slightly "I am your mother Mylie! You need to behave! I don't want you causing a mess like you did back in Nevin' s shop!" she then turned to the red haired alchemist and in a soft voice asked pleadingly "Do you have any candy you can give her? She seems to be in a mood today and I know my little one...candy would definitely distract her from trying to catch that poor insect and in the process causing chaos in your friend's shop!" she then moved towards him a pleading smile on her lips as she finished asking "Please? She really is driving crazy today!"

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity burst into a series of loud chuckles at the woman's request, "Honestly, I was the same exact way not two years back." Amused, she pulled her hand up and whispered to the mother, "I drove my family and surrogate sister crazy. It doesn't stop in the teens, we just cause trouble in different ways."

As much as the young woman had winced as the child neared the shelves, she had to remember... she would very well be the same way - and still was. She was curious to a fault, and her rambunctiousness made her a piece of work. Even today, Felicity would randomly decide to travel to Raiaera or something, which always threw Daisuke off. Felicity needed to calm down. Kids were kids, she was still one herself... just an older one.

Her face was now red from memories of her cringe worthy, lesser youth. Memories if Ashla and Daisuke finally losing patience with a fourteen year old's wild energy. Her enthusiastic curiosity and eagerness to learn was a gift they smiled warmly to. However, the saying went, ironically enough in her immediate situation, that curiosity killed the cat.

Of course the little girl needed something to make her stay still! Food still made the redhead with a hyper-metabolism stay quiet for five seconds. The teen was in an awkward place between the immature, free child and pessimistic, grown up adult. She could somehow relate to both the mother and the child. Considering that this was her shop, however, she veered towards the mother's side. She looked away for the moment, lost in thought, "I don't have any candy, unfortunately."

An idea suddenly sparked in her mind. Her eyes lit up, a gasp escaping her as she clapped her hands in excitement, "But I have cocoa mix in the back! I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to that stuff. I keep it stashed all the time."

A squeal of energy was released as she bounced in joy, "I have cute little mugs to go with it too!"

She then thought to ask. Her eyes briefly darted to Nevin than back to the neko, "You guys can have some too, if you want. I also have whipped cream and crushed peppermint packets to go with it."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin had very quietly placed himself on damage control. He made sure he was always at most eight feet away from the small bundle of energy, and was watching her closely. Each time she knocked a bottle over, thin crimson threads shot out from his hand and prevented it from actually spilling. It was an odd sight, like strands of hair emerging from his skin to become bands and little ropes that would catch the glass bottles. He actually missed when Rainee mentioned asking him to play with the girl, but he did blink when Mylie knocked over another bottle, and threads shot out to catch it.

Dark red eyes turned to the pleading mother and he blinked again. Then he looked down at his belt and he began rummaging through the various pouches hanging there - then he let out a soft noise of triumph. He brought out a small orb, barely larger than a marble, wrapped in a small twist of cloth. He turned his eyes back to the bounding girl. And grinned. He could distract Mylie, that was true.

"Hey, Mylie. Candy." He grinned, and the small cloth-covered orb was taken into the end of a bundle of threads. He waved it in front of Mylie, dangling it just out of reach - and conveniently, in a direction where if she lunged for it, she would land on empty floor. Then he turned his attention towards Felicity, processing what the bubbly teen had asked.

"Ah, no. Not a fan of sweet things." That damn cupcake box taunted him. He had to find a use for it at some point. "I'll take coffee if you have any, but don't go out of your way, I'm not particularly thirsty." Inwardly, the male alchemist was trying to remember if he had been a hellion growing up. He didn't think so - he had, ah, rebelled in different ways. A faint frown crossed his face. Different ways indeed. He shoved the leaking memories back and focused on teasing and taunting Mylie, keeping her distracted and in a clear area so she didn't damage anything else.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Mylie’s bright green eyes widened in excitement when her eyes caught sight of the cloth covered orb. She saw Nevin’s threads holding the tantalizing treat just out of her reach. Her tail twitched eagerly as her little mind went from I must capture this butterfly! To... sweets! Need sweets, NOW! Abadoning her hunt to claim the butterfly as a pet, the eager little kitten leapt forward, trying to claim her sweet reward.

Her reward for her leap was a tumble into the clean wooden floor, her little form somersaulting over her feet, as she stopped dazed on the empty floor. Her body felt jolted from falling, but her exuberance was not dashed. A meow escaped her lips as she exclaimed “ You are playing a game Mister Nevin! You’re keeping the candy just out of my reach! I must get it!” She then begin to leap for the cloth covered orb Nevin was just dangling above her, her determination clear as she attempted to grab it!

Rainee let out a sigh of relief. A smile gracing her pretty face as she whispered to Nevin “ Thank you Nevin for distracting my little angel! I didn’t want her destroying your friends beautiful shop!” Her silver orbs widened when she saw Nevin’s crimson threads. Her voice was filled with awe as she softly asked “ Is that part of your blood magic Nevin?” Her soft hands gestured to the threads Nevin was using to keep candy just out of her daughter’s reach.

To Felicity the nekojin meows softly and answers “Hot cocoa sounds lovely miss! Also now that my little one is distracted, let me introduce myself! My name is Rainee and I’m a friend of Nevin’s! I met him when I needed a shop for to buy healing potions and of course mischief ensued, I was an overly curious kitty girl! But, a friendship came out of it!”

The cat-mother’s tail wagged lightly as she finished her words”So what is your name Miss and how did you and Nevin meet?”

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    It was quite amusing, watching Nevin keep the kitten from harm. As he distracted her with candy, Felicity listened to them as they addressed her.

"I believe I have caffeinated coffee in the back." She smiled at her older brother figure, her eyes twinkling from the humor of the exhausted alchemist and energetic kitten. It was a classic combination for chaos.

She turned to the older neko as she spoke. After her turn, Felicity beamed. She stepped out from behind the counter. The small door swung both ways as the young girl lightly bowed, "A pleasure to meet you, Rainee! I am an assistant of the Toivonen family. Felicity Rhyolite, at your service."

She glanced at Nevin at the question of where she came from. The scenario had a... long story. Thankfully, being the type to hide any major problems she had, Felicity was good at simplifying. She looked back to Rainee with a cheerful smile, "I had questions, from one alchemist to another."

She then stepped behind the counter, her hair bobbing as she strode, "What do you take your coffee with, Nevin?" He looked like he needed at least ten sugers. "Want anything with your cocoa, Rainee? What animal mugs do you guys want?"

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    The male redhead was currently leading the kitten girl in a merry chase around and around his legs, keeping the candy just out of her reach with the smooth red tendrils that had emerged from his wrist. Inwardly he had had a moment of shock and concern about using his threads, but none of the girls in the room had even blinked or asked him about them, so he was slowly relaxing from his tension. Keeping his attention on Mylie was helping too, the energetic girl clearly only had eyes for the candy that he was teasing her with, and didn't care about anything else.

He wondered, briefly, if it would be possible to keep her entertained with trying to bat at his threads like a real cat would chase a string. He rapidly discarded that idea though, he had absolutely no interest in feeling claws dig into the crimson tendrils. No, keep away with the hard candy would be enough. He blinked his dark eyes and looked up when he realized that Felicity had asked him a question about something.

He stared at the other redheaded alchemist as his mind cycled over and regurgitated what the other two had been saying. Ah, their meeting - no, that was a private matter and Felicity clearly didn't want to y'all about it now if her evasion of the topic was any indication. That, and the plunge into the mines were probably tender topics for her. So he let her handle the question, which she did with aplomb. He would have to pull her aside and talk with her later, though, he knew the teen was always bottling things up.

"I drink it black, Felicity." Nevin chuckled softly. He didn't, really, but he doubted Felicity had alcohol to add to it. No, buy he did, a nice flask of whiskey on his belt that he would happily add to the beverage. Not something he wanted to expose the teenager, or the energetic kitten who was curling around his leg and trying to catch the candy, to. Rainee knew he had a taste for booze so he didn't mind her knowing, but so far nothing had stressed him enough for him to need to take a drink straight. At least, not today.

While the teen was in the back, Nevin turned his attention to Rainee. "When you have the time you should come by my store, in Radasanth. I've expanded. Heh, you can meet my girlfriend even, she's usually around." He smiled, wide and easy. He found the expression coming to him much easier, these days.

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    OOC: Incomplete.

Felicity Playlist.