EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Well, Nevin was awesome at his job.

He and the golem, which towered over him, met with glares of deep, burning hatred. It seemed that Nevin’s whip could do better than Felicity’s sword! The sharp blade would be useless against such a beast, even if it was made out of delyn. However, Felicity trained well and knew how to improvise. She pulled the sword out and held it by the flat of the blade. Blunt attacks were needed for an opponent like this. Her sword's cross guard and pommel would have to fit.

She held the weapon in ready for a murderstroke. The art of half-swording.

It was no mace or war hammer, but it was what she had.

For a moment, her arms involuntarily shook, still physiologically messed up from her panic attack. She made sure that her grip was safe and tight before turning to Nevin. Used to being the student figure, she asked, “Do we have a plan?”

Grey dust floated around them, surrounding them like smoke. As everyone evacuated, only these two awkward heroes stood in between this monster and Scara Brae. Felicity was determined, the creature would fall here. Her eyes shone in sparks of concentrated anger.

The golem approached.

The soot coated redhead stepped back, light on her feet. It unleashed a punch. In a split second, a tinge of an odd, strange feeling overtook her in time. Despite this sensation, her reaction time was solid. Felicity tried to jump back, succeeded, yet was still thrown back. Actually, everything was! The dust itself cleared as if it was thrown back by an invisible force. At the edge of the impact line, the dust recollected in an unseeable, thick smog. Felicity was completely fine, but felt like gravity itself kept her clenched by the ground. The pebbles that surrounded her impact site seemed to be superglued to the earth. As the odd sensation stopped, she lifted her head. A magical, rich glow of the golem's amethysts just seemed to die down. The strange feeling went away.

Obviously magic. But what kind?

She staggered up. Not taking the time to wipe herself off, she shook her dazed head. Without the gem's magical glow, the cloud of grey sand made the golem invisible. It could attack at any time. Out of anywhere. She rearmed herself, shouting, “Nevin! We need a plan!”
    Last edited by Flamebird; 05-02-2018 at 07:02 AM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Plan, plan, ask me for anything but - Thick flow! Nevin hurled himself backwards, his body sluggish as he sprang away from the swinging fist and the glow of magic. It tried to weigh him down, dragging at his body as his weight increased without his input, and the alchemist's eyes narrowed as he hit the ground and skidded. One hand drove down, driving the hilt of his whip into the earth beneath him, and he used that as an anchor, and slowly forced himself back upright.

He shot to his feet when the magic faded, and he let out an angry growl. Earth elementals couldn't normally use magic, and when they could it was typically restricted to manipulation of the soil around them. This - this was decidedly not that kind of magic. It had been an area of effect that had held everything down, pressing them against the ground itself. Nevin scanned the dust cloud as Felicity asked for a plan again, and his mind began churning rapidly.

Neither of their weapons were really suited to fighting this abomination. Felicity was trying to compensate by spinning her weapon around and using it as an impromptu mace, but that was sacrificing a lot of the range her sword would normally have had. Nevin's own whip was also poor for dealing with this thing - the plynt barbs had only superficially scarred the elemental construct. No, they'd need something else, something that bypassed the elemental's magic. The alchemist cursed himself - he hadn't thought to grab his dehlar cleaver, if he had that would have been well suited to this - the anti-magic blade would have negated many of this thing's abilities.

No, negating it was not the answer. Which left, bypassing it. Nevin's lips thinned into a hard line as an idea came to him. Fight a construct, with a construct. He gave a mirthless laugh as he realized that he was going to have to unveil something rather gruesome to Felicity. Keeping an eye on the dust cloud, he responded to her question.

"The golem is likely being animated by a core somewhere, most likely within it. We'll need to get it distracted while - well. While I search it. Don't think me too much a monster for this, would - Eh?" Nevin's attempt to explain his plan was cut off when a massive hand shot out from the dust cloud, extending further than should have been possible. It slammed into him, and he felt thick fingers curl around his waist as he was hoisted into the air. He was fairly certain he felt something break inside, but this was not the time to be concerned with that. If he didn't do something now he may not have a later.

So he retaliated. Red burst from his form as a near forest of tendrils of blood shot from beneath his skin. They wrapped, curled, twisted around the outstretched arm of earth, and began burrowing within. The golem was not made of stone - it was an amalgam of different materials, with loose dirt filling gaps between rocks and crystals. Nevin's threads wriggled their way in, like crimson worms dancing, and infested the arm. It locked in place as the golem and Nevin fought for control of the arm.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The moment the beast cornered Nevin, Felicity raced towards them. Unfortunately, in rushing in with blindness she was instantly knocked back with the golem's free arm. Immediately after the fall, however, she shot back up. Pain did nothing to the tough teen. Maintaining a grip on her sword, she observed the situation.

Amongst the floating dust, the golem had Nevin pinned with a large arm. As the hand threatened to crush, however, Nevin retaliated. Red threads she only saw hints of borrowed into dirt and stone. Felicity did not understand what he was doing now, yet previous words echoed in her head again.

”The golem is likely being animated by a core somewhere, most likely within it. We'll need to get it distracted while - well.”

They needed to get to the heart of the issue. She got that.

”While I search it. Don't think me too much a monster for this.”

Now that worried her…

Monster? If anything, Felicity was the rage induced monster between the two. Felicity poured out her darkest of secrets to him, and he only loved her back. Did- did Nevin hide darker shades of magic within himself too? Felicity shook her head. The sound of her brother figure grunting in pain brought her back to the present. She could care less about it. Right now, she just wanted to keep him safe. She had lost so much already, she could not bear to lose him.

She pulled the weapon into a murderstroke stance. Returning to her half swording technique, she crept towards the golem slowly as it focused completely on Nevin.

You need a distraction? You got one!

She held her breath to keep from coughing. The smell of grime, sweat, fear, and urine all meshed into disgust. Her heartbeat pounded wildly. Trickles of salty liquid fell down her body as adrenaline died down. The soot intoxicated the air, but tunnel vision pressed her to endure anything necessary for her friend. Once close enough, she pulled the weapon sideways and aimed a heavy blow for the leg. As grey blew up in a thick cloud, the golem bellowed.

Felicity did not stop there. She pulled one hand onto the hilt as she jammed the delyn blade into the broken foot. Her eyes widened in protective rage as she shouted in emotional violence. She had this.

“Leave him alone!”

The monster let loose of Nevin and turned towards her. As the male alchemist’s threads continued to dig into the arm like veins, the golem locked eyes on Rhyolite. Balancing on its remaining leg, it attempted to recollect.

Felicity smirked, “I got more meat on me than him. He’s barely a light appeti-“

It pushed her back. Her sword was imbedded into crumbling rubble as she landed several feet back. It limped, barely standing, due to her blow. Now, however, she was unarmed and in danger. A shadow fell over her. It extended its second hand to bring it down on her. She hardly could pull herself out to evade the stone. She inhaled sharply as the ground shook; the monster’s appendage millimeters from her legs. Yet, in that moment, the gems it sported glowed again.

The blinding light made the shadows of the dusty mine dark as night. The very air became even more stiffened than it already was. Just because she avoided one attack, it did not mean she could block the follow up.

”We may tease and poke fun at our sisters, but we know we are supposed to protect them, not the other way around. I know I would have been angrier at my little sister if she'd gotten hurt trying to protect me."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-19-2018 at 11:37 AM.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    The damn golem was strong, Nevin had to give it that. If he wasn't wearing the drakescale armor, even with his enhanced durability he was sure his ribs would have been cracked and broken. But as it was, he was able to keep the pressure off with his threads, just enough that the golem was not able to do more than tear at his skin with the stones embedded in its earthy hide. Blood began leaking down Nevin's body from numerous small cuts and scrapes, and his head throbbed as the music of his magic sang to him of what he could do with it, if he just let go.

Then - then he was dropped his legs thumping against the ground as he landed heavily, stumbling for a moment. Only his threads, still buried in the earthen monstrosity's arm, let him from falling over, as the golem disregarded him and began shuffling away. Soot filled the air, making it harder to see again, but the bloody alchemist knew the golem had to be reacting to something that Felicity had done. Which meant that the younger alchemist was now the entity's target.

No. Protective anger filled Nevin's veins, an anger he hadn't even come close to since Eteri was nearly thrown into a fire. The blood mage's self-imposed limits shattered in the path of that anger and he instinctively reached out and grabbed hold of all of the loose blood in the area, every single, last drop. It swirled together, but it wasn't enough as he saw the thing hopping on a crumbling leg towards the girl, who had fallen to a retaliatory strike.

The loose blood wasn't enough. So he pulled more, from the open wounds scattered across his body from the golem's hungry grasp. With one hand he controlled his threads, his fury driving them deeper into the golem's body, still searching for the magical core that was keeping it going. The other hand though - it was held up, and a large, menacing, crimson orb swirls together in the air above it. The orb was being fed by thick, bloody streams that flowed from the mage's body, and had swelled larger - larger than the alchemist's own torso.

The golem reared its arm back to strike - and Nevin yanked hard, using the threads that were infesting the earthen body to stagger it. The golem flinched, it's attack thrown just wide enough to not fully hit the girl on the ground - and then the earthen beast turned its ponderous attention around. It saw the massive orb hanging in the air, and the rictus of rage that gripped the alchemist's face.

"You will not harm her." Nevin spat the words out. The orb of blood shivered for a moment, before launching forward, a massive blast of blood and magic. The liquid ball slammed into the shoulder of the arm that had reached out to attack Felicity, and demolished it, tearing straight through the dirt, mud and stone that formed the golem's shoulder. The arm flew wide, and slammed into the ground a distance away; and disconnected from the animating spirit as it was, soon dissolved into a loose pile of dirt.

But that wasn't enough for the bloody alchemist. More threads shot from his now free hand, and he formed them into a whip that he snaked out and around the golem's body. He began reeling the earthen entity towards him, and then a vicious smile split his face. His burrowing threads had found their target. "Your time is done, spirit." The words were a barely audible whisper - drowned out by the explosion of dirt and stone breaking apart as threads burst from the golem's stomach, carrying a large, glowing crystal with them.

The crystal hung in the air, and for a moment the golem's body followed after it, the soil of its form obviously being pulled towards the magical rock. But Nevin cocooned the crystal in his threads, drowning out the magic of the rock with his own, and the connection was broken. With a shaking, rattling grown, the golem collapsed, it's body falling apart into a massive mound of dirt and stone. Nevin stood panting, his chest heaving, blood dropping down his frame from the wounds that had been widened when he had dragged more blood from his body.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Brutality.

Nevin had unleashed the full might of blood magic. It was… discomforting. The way he pulled every ounce of blood out of him, his raw rage and power as he completely demolished the beast. As the golem's remains piled between the two, Felicity’s adrenaline widened eyes watched him. The grey dust flew as the creature disintegrated to the likes of ash. Through the hazy cloud, Felicity saw her brother figure thinly dripping in a light shower of crimson. His face was twisted in a mix of anger and satisfaction. His wet, long hair hung over his face. Felicity had goosebumps coating her skin in the moment of initial shock – not at the magic itself, but the sheer brutality.

Felicity’s memories were once again jolted. An intrusive image of Jonathan, drenched in blood, moments before death, invaded her mind. Her heartbeat quickened as she bolted through the dirt cloud. She coughed as she made it to the other side. She extended her hand, placing it on her brother’s shoulder. She shook as she spoke in obvious panic, “Are you okay?”

As for her own condition, the hyperstrong teen was fine. Her stronger bones and raw endurance made sure any damage done was only a rough sting. Her body and clothes were sprinkled with grey and black dust and soot. She needed a bath.

She heavily panted, looking into eyes she previously thought were black. Yet, up close, she saw the dark red. The half-neanderthal showed no sign of fear or judgement towards him. The only fear in her eyes was concern for his well being. Her hand was splotched with his own blood. A single thought towards how he ripped his own blood from his body entered her head.

“Please tell me that didn’t hurt you.”

The quiet after the storm stretched across the mine in a chilled calm. As distant, mute rubble crumbled around them, workers started to emerge from the sidelines. Bruised, dirtied, hurt. Yet, the two redheads had saved them. They stood next to carts and archways, eyes wide in disbelief over how they won. One boy, scrawny and timid, started to cheer above the silence.

The crowd followed.

Felicity could not care less about the noise. She had no need for glory. What she did need was already here. Someone whom she cared for, who loved her back. Tears filled her eyes as the echoes of Jonathan played in her mind. She missed him, and Nevin reminded her so much of him. That was okay. Nevin had become so much to her in just a short time span. She silently vowed, in that moment, to never let him go.

Despite how grimy and gross they both were, Felicity pulled him into a sudden hug.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-19-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    It took a moment for Nevin to process that the figure rushing at him from the settling dirt cloud was Felicity. His immediate reaction, thought, had been that some remnant of the golem had survived, and was lashing out with one final attack. His threads had bunched up, preparing to defend him - when he recognized the frightened, concerned girl. Crimson threads shivered and retreated as the girl approached, and laid her hand on his shoulder. She said something, but the sweet singing of his blood was drowning out any words. It was - it was something Nevin hadn't dealt with in a while, his own blood being spilled.

Usually he was able to avoid being cut. He had long ago learned that his magic was entranced with his own blood, and he had yet to run across anything else that sang as loudly as it. It was almost overwhelming, the tempo that sang of possibilities, magic, healing, empowering, twisting and nurturing and decaying and shiftingbackandofrthandthecyclethatneverends -

"-didn't hurt you." Nevin snapped back to reality, to focus, as Felicity spoke again, bringing his thoughts back to the earth. He blinked at her a few times, trying to process what she had said - he had been hurt yes, he was bleeding actively, and he knew that Felicity was apt enough to know that, so what had she asked? NHo, she hadn't hurt him - had she lost herself in her rage in that fight, and feared that she had hurt him? No, no, just his own magic and that golem. He shook his head once, trying to answer her - when the cheering started. His eyes snapped up and circled around them, as the alchemist realized that the people that the golem had chased out of the mines were slowly circling around them , lifting their arms up and shouting in relief and happiness.

And then he was being hugged. That made Nevin blink and look down at the girl clinging to him, burying her face against his dirt and blood stained armor. Nevin wrapped an arm around her shoulders and stood there, rocking her back and forth as he looked around, his brain finally catching up to everything. He stroked Felicity's hair gently with one hand, hiding the grimace at the face that he was rubbing dirt and grime into her hair, but he knew that she needed the reassurance.

"Fel, Felicity. I'm fine. I'm fine, kid. Really. I've been through a lot, lot worse." He chuckled a bit morbidly. "I'm more concerned about you - that thing didn't hit you, did it?" He thought he had prevented her from being hurt -and she wasn't bleeding, at least not externally. He looked her over, but from what he could see she was holding up alright. That was a relief. He didn't know just how badly he would have obliterated this core if Fel had been hurt -

"Excellent! Thank you so much, now we can get back to work!" Eotype. Nevin's blood ran hot for a moment, then ice cold. His smile of relief that Felicity was fine vanished, replaced by a very, very unpleasant, hungry grin. The sweaty, fat man was blustering back, trying to push through people - and Nevin could see that the people around him were immediately quailing away, and it looked like it wouldn't be long before he started bullying people into listening to him.

Nevin was not going to have any of that. And he knew, the little redhead in his arms wouldn't either. "Hey, Fel. I think someone needs to be run out of town." The blood mage cracked his neck, the sound reverberating oddly loudly, and wetly. His arm still around the teen's shoulder, Nevin began striding towards Eotype, who froze - because Nevin had not bothered retracting his threads, and there was a fair amount of them squirming about in the air, weaving back and forth. Not counting the ones still wrapped around the golem core, holding onto it and away from the ground.

"Ahem." The fat man turned towards Nevin, whose unpleasant grin widened. "I do believe, that my sister has a few words she'd like to say to you. And I do advise you listen to them, or my own patience will run out."

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    He was… fat.

The man had blubber hanging off him like he was an elephant seal. Except elephant seals were threatening. His dusted clothes barely cradled his bulging stomach. His dark, selfish eyes were coated in apathetic ice.

It was him. He was responsible for this. He had bullied his workers, forced them into dire danger. If Nevin had not stopped the monster he greedily unleashed, all of Scara Brae would of paid. Innocent lives would have been taken. Families would have been torn apart, hope lost…

The hothead's fist tightened. The sound of pressure and cracking sounded as she closed her eyes.

Rage.

She bit her lip, brow scrunched. Her face was red as she left Nevin's confident shoulder and walked right up to the ugliness that was Eotype. That gravity golem was not the only monster being beat today.

Her deadly eyes flashed open. She looked him square in the eye.

“How could you?”

The man raises as eyebrow. Uncertainty crossed his darting eyes as he shrugged, “What?”

The teen barked, “HOW COULD YOU!”

She silenced the entire clatter of the mine with the single, quick scream. Her voice was shaking, low, as she spat venom. Her tone was sharp as glass. Her bunched up hands shook as she boldly demanded, “How could you put your workers in danger!?! Did you have any idea what-“

Eotype had enough. He stomped into her. Attempting to force her back with his sheer size, the massive overseer snarled in a switch from ice to fire, “Who do you think you are, little girl?” His voice was a low pitched, bleeding growl, “How dare you even try to threaten me?”

He raised his head up, nose stuck high in the air. His lips were tight and closed. His eyes screamed of the power he held over all whom stepped into the mine. “I gave these workers everything they could of ever wanted. Work. I’m the savior here. A job that pays their bills and puts food in their family’s mouths.”

“Barely!” Felicity slammed her foot into the gravel below. She refused to back down. As dust flew up from her stomp, she threw her arms, “These workers are starving and tired! Open your eyes!”

Eotype would of crossed his arms if the fat allowed him to. Instead, he attempted to tower over her. “Well, if these slackers actually proved they could be of use, maybe I would pay them more. But it was them who awakened this golem! They are to blame for all the damage, all the money lost-“

Felicity hissed, pushing him with a muscled arm, “No! It’s you!” She pushed him again, stronger. He staggered back as she shouted, voice breaking. “You mistreated your workers! You unleashed the beast! You cost the company damage! You ruined-“

He stepped right back up, laying humongous hands on her broad shoulders. “So what?” He shoved her back, “What could an insignificant, puny, idiotic little girl like you do to possibly stop me?”

“She has no need to do anything.”

The shocked crowd turned around to the man who argued with Eotype earlier, whom was dusted with soot and pebbles, calmly marched up to him. He wore a black hat and tie. He was skinny; shorter than Eotype. Yet, the larger assistant foreman smirked in confident, stepping back. “Mr. Knox, sir.”

“Stair Eotype,” the man flicked a stone off his shoulder, “Going back and looking into today’s records confirms it. You ordered the continuation of mining even at an unknown, dangerous risk.”

Eotype's smile slowly faded.

“You have a history of making reckless decisions for the sake of making profit. Some are worth it, but some may cost unnecessary effort, put many in danger, and cost lives.”

Knox crossed his arms, “We are lucky we did not lose any lives today. Yet, many workers are still injured. And-“ He extended his arm, surveying the quarry. Many wooden beams and ramps had broken and collapsed. One mine was completely caved in. Multiple arrays of disorder and damage cluttered the area. Stonevale's mine was a mess.

“-This will cost our company millions!” For a split second, Knox lost his cool. His mouth was tightened in a hiss, eyes glazed in frustration, before he lowered his arm. He silently cooled down again, the anger extinguished by professionalism, before he continued. “I never like you, Eotype. Only the successful risks you took kept you here, but now I have a legal excuse to do something I always wanted to do.”

He put his hands on his hips, “Stair Eotype, in accordance to section two hundred seventy three of the executive’s manual, by the power invested in me, you’re fired!”

Silence.

Everyone watched in excited anticipation as the news slowly bathed Eotype in cold, uncomfortable water. For a moment, he was taken back. Dumbfounded. He had no idea how to react. Then… anger. He growled ferociously, like a tiger. He screamed at the higher manager, whom had already begun to walk away, “Argh! How could you- traitor! I’ve done so much for this company, I-“

As the ex-manager blindly lashed out with his words, a victorious smile crossed Felicity’s lips. This was just too delicious. She closed her eyes, shrugging, as the smirk grew. She then merrily stepped forward, taking the collar of the tyrant bully's shirt. “I’ll take out the trash.”

Here, Felicity’s remarkable strength truly shone. Eotype struggled, but the massive bulk of blubber had nothing on the little warrior’s sheer might. She completely pulled the man over her head as he screamed. Proud to add to his humiliation, Felicity grunted with a sweet smile and marched towards the entrance of the mine. Soon enough, she was there.

As sunlight bathed them, with the whole town to see, the strained girl tossed Stair Eotype out into the filthy, low life street. As mud, dirt, and horse dung covered him, Felicity wiped her hands in satisfaction. He could not pull himself up, but his shocked, embarrassed, unbelieving eyes watched the teen move him a cocky smirk and cutesy wave. “Bye bye!” Felicity giggled like a child before turning, kicking more dust into his face, and walking into the mineshafts again. As she entered, she was met with the unanimous cheers of the workers and remaining foremen again.

Victory was sweet.

As she slyly rejoined Nevin, Mr. Knox stepped up to the two brave heroes again.

“You are the ones who slew the beast, correct? You have my personal thanks.”

The two exhausted, bloodied, worn heroes straightened slightly up as Knox spoke.

“If it were not for you, Stonevale and all of Scara Brae even would have been gravely endangered. This company owes you more than just mere gratitude.”

Nevin then looked behind him, to the glowing blue core. His threads still hugged and squeezed the core, tangled in a tight, cold grip. He then looked back to the foreman, “It's taken care of, and no one was hurt."

As Nevin smirked, Felicity gave the man a sweet smile.

”F€|!C!+¥!”

Very briefly, the image flashed in her mind once again. Jonathan. Bloodied. Screaming her name.

In a snap, her chest leapt and tightened. Sharp pain exploded as she fell to her knees, taken aback by the invasive, broken memory. Everything blurred, but she saw Nevin lay a hand on her, his face too pixelated for her to read. Tears started to fall as the panicking, sweating girl cried out, “What’s happening to me?”
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-22-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile