Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Felicity was all amused and ready for action and stuff... then he called her a little sister.

In a split second that felt way longer, sweet memories assaulted her mind without concent. Her eyes widened, her breath quivered. Nevin had his hand of her shoulder, speaking apologetically to her about the assault on the mine. Felicity would have cared more about the mine than herself anyways, however...

Jonathan...

Suddenly, she realized just how she felt so comfortable around a man she barely knew. He reminded her of him...

She blinked as he finished moving his mouth, forcing out a reply, "Yeah, it's fine."

Her eyes winced shut. She raised her hand to her temple for a moment, pressing her fingers against her head. Her teeth gritted as the emptiness of his absence took over. Flickers of a blood bathed death invaded her thoughts. She shook her head with a firm jolt. She lowered her hand, agony written on her face as she spat a cold, hurried statement. "Let's go."

Without accepting yet another one of Nevin's calm gestures, or expressing her reasons for distress, she stepped forth. Softly yet firmly pushing the workers aside, she walked outside the shop. As the light of the evening sun temporally blinded her immediate vision, the memories waged war with her...

~~~

The young man walked up to her, putting his hands on her shoulders, "You've obviously learned a lot, Felicity."

Felicity grinned, "Yeah, I did."

The man swat her armor covered arm, chuckling. "Don't get cocky."

Felicity put her flamberge away, then put her hands on her hips. She leaned on one leg, her head tilted towards it, "I'm not cocky... I'm good."

The two chuckled as they walked away from the clearing, into the forest. Leaves gently flew in the wind, the moon shining above as the silently trekked along. Felicity was thankful for the man leading her along. He allowed her to join him with open arms. She had lived with him how many years, she viewed him as a brother rather than a cousin.

The fifteen year old followed her cousin well, although feeling drowsy from the last several weeks. She located him only yesterday, and it took the two weeks before to track him. Even before starting her journey to find him, she had been through some tough junk.

Her cousin turned around for a moment, his rifle bumping his longsword as he turned. "Are you okay back there?"

Felicity had her head down, scuffling her feet. At her cousin's question, she looked up with a weary smile. "Yeah." she stuck her thumb up, "I'm goo-"

The sound of a wolf's howl echoed through the trees. Felicity's eyes widened like dinner plates, her hand zipping towards to sword hanging on her back. Her arming swords, located at her hips, swung. Her brigantine armor shook, hair flipping in her paranoid momentum.

Several crows called, flying from the trees above. Felicity's relative chuckled, "Are you sure?"

Felicity slowly lowered her hand, her eyes went back to normal. "Uhh... Still restless from the last several days."

A nervous chuckle escaped the teen as she walked up to her cousin, "Um..."

"Yes?"

Felicity bit her lip, bouncing a little, "Thanks for taking me, Jonathan."

Her cousin smiled and pulled her into a hug. They continued walking along. "Aw, you're welcome."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 04-19-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin blinked once. "Well, that isn't good. I knew she - sweet Crimson Flow. Men. Hurry on ahead to the mine, she doesn't know where it is so you'll beat her there. I need to go have a talk with her." The miners looked sincerely confused but left, and Nevin sighed as he grabbed another calming potion and his whip. He curled the barbed weapon up on his waist and hurried out into the streets, pausing long enough to flip the sign around and lock the door.

A glance down the street revealed where Felicity had gone. People were staring after the young redheaded girl, confusion and affront upon their faces. Whatever had come over her there, it was clear that it had messed with her greatly, as she was till shoving people aside as she strode down the street. Nevin let out a low groan as he got closer, his long legs eating up the distance between them.

She was crying.

She was crying, and it was probably his fault, again. Thick flow but he was an idiot - the girl barely knew him, he doubted she wanted to be called a little sister for a near total stranger. Nevin slapped himself in the back of his head - no one was around to do it for him - and caught up to the girl.

"Felicity -" Nothing. She had come to a stop, leaning against a wall. Crimson. The hurt she held buried inide of her was clearly tearing her up. "Felicity, hold on girl." He pulled her to him and she clung to him, tears streaming down her feet and soaking his shirt. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, and rocked her slightly from side to side.

"Shh, shh, it's OK." He kept repeating this, rubbing her upper back with the heel of one hand. She was lost in memory, and he couldn't tell if they were happy and she was acting like this for what she had lost, or if they were sad and she grieved as she remembered them. Either way, she was not in good shape. So he stayed there, letting her vent against him.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    "Today we thin the Ranger's ranks."

"No." A whisper slid through her mouth, barely heard even by herself. The memory was fractured, shadowed, polluted with thick smog. The darkness of the surroundings was an abyss beyond her working memory. She could not even remember how tall the grasses were, or the presence of any trees. What she did see was...

"Starting with him."

Her teeth gritted as some man, who's appearance escaped her, drew a long shinning blade. It could be her memory broken, but it already appeared blood red. Her corrupted memory shifted through the undecryptable data and pixelated skips. ₩�μ��θ�^ Suddenly, a scream of desperation skipping in loops, their blades collided. %€�*# She felt %�Г rage. So much rage. *μ��~�� It consumed her...

^]>θ�:=�]�4�|<ฯμ:*.��<.?Î©ï ½ï¿½<.>Ωμ`�Ωμ?\*#_"�<ï ¿½#�{[θฯ:€#?'�θ^|{.!_Î¸ï¿½ï ½ï¿½{��^��<ï¿½Î¸ï¿ ½ï¿½:,$μ<�`�θ})�..; ... ... ...

RED
    �{�^(#�`;�
    BLADE
    �}��&),&�$-&(�/>θ��`.(*�}[("`�θ}μ��-�@::�'-
    BLEEDING
    "_=:#DEATH:#=:,#�%#�/'$%
    D E A T H

"-Nθ!"

"Felici-"

"-NO!"

Red. Everything was red. He was red. Red. Dead. She was red. In his blood.

Energy
    Cloak
    Burning
    Blackout

~~~

She could not save him. Her cousin. Her brother... he was dead.

Her Berserk abilities and her emotional trauma itself had plentiful thanks for her distorted memory. It was there though, forever. It always haunted her.

She barely processed the people she passed, if at all. She barely understand her own stop against a stone wall. The moment Nevin confronted her, she grasped him tightly with her full strength. She did not comprehend anything outside of the memory she was lost in. She could not escape the agony. Breaking...

She buried her head into his shirt. As she did, she cried a rainfall of bitter tears. She clenched onto his shirt for dear life. As she held on, however, she also pushed away. One hand violently slammed his shoulder in release. She screamed. Oh, she screamed. They were not even words, but screams conjured up from a place so dark...

"No!" Her first muffled shriek from biting a piece of cloth was a 'no." Her fist tightened. She raised both arms now, but only one grasped his shoulder and shook him. The other was still held up in the air. "Couldn't-"

More uninterpreted screams escaped her. The shockwaves of memory and terror replayed over and over in her head. She did not let go of the alchemist, close to demolishing him. She was experiencing a night terror while awake. The disassociation was increasingly obvious as she completely relived the death of Jonathan Rhyolite.

"I COULDN'T SAVE YOU! JONATHAN!!! I'M SORRY!! I'M SO SORRY!!!"

It carried on.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-15-2018 at 10:06 PM.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Well, it seems like I finally figured out what her anger has been shielding her from. Nevin frowned as the girl screamed out her terror and grief against him. Crimson threads had snaked from him to her, wrapping around her beating arm and hauling back, enough to soften the blows so all he would have later is bruises, not broken bones. Terror and sorrow had young Felicity held tight in their grasp, and all he could do was weather and endure.

So he did, holding her tight to his chest as she screamed for her lost one. He kept massaging her back as she reached for the heavens, desperately grasping for something she couldn't see. It was clear that her memories had her entwined fully, she barely seemed cognizant at this point as her tears soaked through his shirt, bitter grief flowing down her face as he pulled them out of the middle of the street.

She didn't seem to notice when he sat them down, and started rocking her back and forth. This felt... Familiar? Had he comforted someone who was crying like this before? A flash of straw blonde hair, and his heart ached a little. He squeezed Felicity tighter and began singing to her softly, dredging up an old lullaby from a lifetime ago.

" Hush, hush, little snowflake, it's okay, winter and you are here to stay.
    Hush, hush little snowflake, no need to make a sound, soon you'll cover the ground.
    A soft world of white, blanketing the night.
    " He started stroking her hair softly as she screamed and shook in his arms, crying for this Johnathon. That was why him calling her his sister had made her react - it had triggered a memory, and without anger to guard her the pain and taken over.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    �^���θ�μ�>ï¿ ½ï¿½#*%.�)�Ω...

... This pain...

... Felicity started to calm as the memory finally ceased. The ringing in her ears, the sound of a sword shoveling through flesh, still clammered against her eardrums. The visual faded away, however. The feeling of blood trickling down her body and half burnt clothes seemed to be washed by a shower. She still felt herself holding someone, but as her vision sluggishly cleared, she realized it was not a dying Jonathan.

It was a living Nevin.

She rested against his shoulder. Blood was replaced with her sweat. The grey wall Nevin leaned his back against was what she saw. Their red locks mixed, and Felicity felt what was a mixture between a scratchy thread and gell-like ooze gripping her arms. She was exhausted, still barely functioning.

Her hand slipped and fell onto the leaf coated ground, limp. Her tears still clouded her vision. What battle had she just fought? Only the one in her head? While she had shoved people aside walking down the street, she blanked out.

Despite being warm, she shivered. Her heart raced like a stallion's thunderous hooves. She still was on edge, but felt too weary to lift a fist. As if she had the will to... As Nevin whispered words of comfort to her, she closed her eyes.

"He always saved me growing up." Her tone was slow, slurred... The voice sounded dead, although the bitter sorrow still stuck to the enunciations. "In Eiskalt, Corone. He had my back."

Her back heaved as she choked, "I didn't..."

She buried her head into Nevin's chest. She was too thankful for him. It was weird, but the constant hugs and hand on the shoulder. The comforting words... he and Jonathan were faintly alike. Felicity felt glued to him for this. Her brother figure was dead, her sister figure was shallow and tormented. Nevin was the first taste of positive, trustworthy care in... had it been two years?

Two long, cold, lonely years.

She still doubted whether or not she should of left her family for Ashla's tutelage in the first place.

Here she was. Chillingly rested. As she calmed down and relaxed, her lungs started to ache from the weeping.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-15-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin gently massaged her back as his threads slipped back into his skin once more. She had calmed down somewhat now, and didn't seem to be ready to break his shoulder any more - not that he would have blamed her, gripped in grief like that. Instead, he just kept rocking her gently, humming under his breath as he let her slowly regain her bearings. When she spoke, muffled by his chest as it was, he reached up and stroked her hair, and listened.

"I do not think he blamed you." He stopped his humming to speak, though he did keep slowly massaging her back. At this point her body was probably trying to recover from the sobbing cries, and she'd be getting a bit sore. Her anger shielded her from so much that had been buried - and those tears, and screams felt like she had been suppressing these memories. Nevin pressed on speaking.

"If he gave everything to keep you safe - I doubt he would have wanted you to be hurt trying to rescue him. That's not how brothers think. We may tease and poke fun at our sisters, but we know we are supposed to protect them, not the other way around. I know I would have been angrier at my little sister if she'd gotten hurt trying to protect me." He squeezed Felicity's shoulders. "And I'm sure Johnathon felt the same way."

The male alchemist leaned back and let his head rest against the wall behind him. She felt so small in his arms, clinging to him like a lifeline. He wondered just how long it had been since she'd actually grieved for her brother - if she ever had actually had a chance, considering how she had been telling him that she didn't cry because it showed weakness. Folly, to bottle it up in his opinion. He'd gladly sacrifice his shoulder if it meant this poor girl would finally have a chance to release the pain that had been trapped inside.

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    As she rested, almost dazed from the insanity, against his chest, Felicity took in the words. While she did not reply, she certainly processed them.

She looked back on the pained, blood stained memory one more time. Shades is grainy black and white mixed with nauseating crimson. While she initially recalled an older brother's protection and security from her troubled youth, other things stuck in her mind...

That experience... that experience she had just now. The way she... was it describable? Could she explain literally reliving an experience over and over again? She actively avoided memories like this. Yet, once it did hit her, it was harder than a lorde made of lead. What was that? It was like a Citadel simulation, the feelings of reality were so clear. What was that? She had never experienced anything near that, except in her troubled dreams...

As reality slowly returned to her, she remembered that call for aid by the miners. A light gasp escaped her. She burst into a straight siting position. It had been a blurred era of time between whenever Nevin last talked. Felicity looked down to the cool dirt earth below.

"Th-those miner-rs need he-help..."

Was she avoiding her problems again? Was she truly afraid to face any issues she had? She always forced herself to focus on the external to stay out of the internal. However, even now the oak streets, dirt road, and passing people felt blurred, so far away. This was the first episode of it's kind and Felicity wanted out. Now.

She tried to push herself up... yet she may have been pushing herself too early.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-07-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin helped the girl to her feet, but kept his hands on her shoulders, supporting her. Even if she didn't want to admit it, he could see that she was worn out already, torn and stressed by reliving her memories. He didn't know exactly how powerful those memories had been for her, but it was clear that she had been trapped in their grip and felt the emotions from them all over again. The teen felt, looked, sounded, like her nerves were raw and shot, and the alchemist was easily able to see her attempt at redirecting his focus for what it was.

He gave her shoulders a squeeze. “We will talk more about this later little snowflake. I promise you, I won't judge you for having emotions.” No, he was actually more likely to be upset with her if she tried to hide away and bottle things up again. The only reason that he was letting her sidestep the issue here and now was be a use she was right - the miners did need help. But so did she. Thankfully, her help could come later - he would be there when she needed it. For now, the miners needed them.

But he was reminded again of his thought before - just how long had the girl been hiding behind her anger, letting that easy emotion come instead of dealing with the more painful ones of sorrow and grief? From what he knew, the longer she went with using anger as her default emotion, the harder it would be for her to feel other things. She'd resort to anger for nearly every situation. No, this would need to be handled as soon as they could afford the time to approach it. If she was trying to get a handle on her anger and stress, which were exacerbated by the strange energy that dwelt within her blood, then training her out of hiding behind her anger would be a vital step in that direction.

Sadly, for now, the issue of the miners and the elemental entity that they had awoken needed to be addressed first. Lives were at stake, from what they had been told, and helping Felicity with her emotional trauma would take more than a single day to work through, and it would take trusted faces, not people who had been involved in the atrocity committed upon her. The male redhead drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly, and studied the girl for a moment.

“Are you alright to stand, little snowflake, or do you need a few moments?” His dark eyes watched the teen he was holding onto carefully. He was gauging her, watching to see if she'd be alright, or if he needed to make the decision to have her return to the shop to rest and recover. Nevin was well aware that emotions you didn't normally feel could be extremely draining on a person, and he did not want Felicity hurting herself out of some misguided need to be ‘useful’.

A member of the NevCrew:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Eyes closed, she listened to his words. An amused, yet distracted, smile spread across her face when she was called 'snowflake.' She leaned against him, still a bit discombobulated. Between long, heavy breaths, she nodded. She reached down to her waist, feeling for her sword in its sheath. She had no shield, and a sword really was not the best choice for fighting giant monsters. Half-swording, the technique of holding a sword by the blade and attacking with the hilt, would have to be her go to for this. She pushed herself to stand on her own feet, and succeeded. As she opened her eyes, looking at the yellow grass at her feet, she finally started to breathe normally again.

~~~

The mines had many caves and shafts drilled into them. The many dirtied, silt coated workers had been using their pick axes and pushing barrels full of many different valuables, from bronze to quartz to iron. Yet, now, the entire mine was in a state of panic. Workers and overseers alike dropped their equipment and bolted as the ground shook. From one mine, workers flooded out in terror. The earth shook, causing all vision to blur. The screams and shouts of many rose above the dust and fumes of the mining area. The smell of sulfur and earthly fumes choked the air as much as the scents of blood and fear.

From a shabby cabin, an obese overseer stormed from his makeshift throne. He pointed with a chicken drum stick as he spewed hypocrisy and spite, refusing to take the blame for this "Look what you lazy, sloppy, no use bums did!"

"Mr. Eotype!"

The overseer turned to see a group of three shabby workers and a higher up approaching. The wounded worker appeared to have fresh bandages. The official appeared hot faced, panicked sweat dripped off him like slaughtered lamb's blood.

"These workers found help. You ought to be ashamed, forcing your men into this mess!"

As pebbles shot out from caverns above, the unmoved overseer calmly brushed the rocks off him. He lied through his teeth, "Who do you think called for help, my good man? And as for the mine, busine-"

One of the workers, in a moment of reckless courage, stood up. For his tiny frame, he pointed with a bony arm, pathetic fingers. "Lies! You never-"

He was instantly backhanded by Eotype, who gritted his teeth and spat venom, "Know your place, employee."

The bossman grabbed Eotype's collar, cheeks burning red in fury as he shouted, "Do you not see the magnitude of what you've done? Stonevale is in danger! The entirety of Scara Brae coul-"

Another tremer shook the entirety of the mine. The man gasped, eyes wide in frightened awe as his hand slipped from the shirt, to his side. They all looked on... into inevitable death.

As the workers ran, a young boy fell at the entrance. An older boy, a teen, swiftly grabbed him and tried to run. A booming thump sounded as the ground vibrated. As rubble fell and moved, quarry dust fell like rain. They turned to see it.

It had come.

A creature sown together by rock and stone. It was black in color, standing around nine feet tall. It had a massive built, coated with rich purple gems across its body. It pulled itself up, out of the shaft. It caused all to tremble as its magenta burning crystals illuminated the mine's darkness. A horrendous moan escaped its faceless being as it stepped outside the shaft.

The manager dropped the chicken drum stick he held in his hand. He was pale in helpless fear.

The clouds of rocky dust blocked out of midday sky. The creature had one thing in its base instincts as darkness fell over their heads.

Kill.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-15-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin studied the girl for a long few moments before nodding once. She looked - maybe not fantastic, not great, but she did look OK. Steadying herself, recovering, and focusing. That was a good thing, and he could always make her rest later, after they had dealt with the problems at the mine. He would, actually, come to think of it - the little ragechild definitely struck him as the type to run herself ragged, feeling like she had something to prove - and with the way she had broken down there, he could see why.

She had a burden she bore, hidden away beneath her anger and rage, grief and guilt piled high for one as young as she was. She would drive herself hard, trying to atone for a sin that wasn't hers, and he already knew that whoever was in a position of authority in her life, either didn't see, or didn't care - and from mumbled comments, he felt it might be the latter. Well. From one redheaded alchemist to an aspiring one, he would look after her when he could, since it seemed no one else cared to. Which included bullying her into getting the downtime she needed.

But sadly, first came the minor crisis ahead at the mines. By the breakdown, they had managed to reach the outer edges of the town, and in the distance he could see the entrance to the mine that the workers had come from. Nevin could make out figures ahead, people standing near the entrance, and for a moment as he kept a steadying hand on Felicity's shoulder, the man had the hope that the situation had been exaggerated, wasn't that bad. He even started to prepare himself to convince Felicity to get some rest - when the earth began shaking.

Nevin braced himself, his hand tightening on the teen's shoulder to help her maintain her own balance, and he narrowed his eyes against the harsh sunlight as he peered ahead. That hadn't been natural, this area wasn't prone to quakes - there, another one, worse this time. Then he saw people, figures, pouring out of the nine, fleeing, and the brief moments of personal time were washed away as he saw the lumbering figure emerging from the mine entrance. His eyes went wide, and his hand squeezed Felicity's shoulder tightly before it fell away.

The blood alchemist's caring smile froze and fell away, a hard look replacing it as his body tensed. Beneath his skin, threads began churning, and a keen observer would have seen odd fluctuations on the surface of his body, where it wasn't covered by clothing. His hand curled around the grip of his whip, and the barbed, cruel weapon came loose. Nevin coiled it loosely, care born from practice helping him avoid stabbing himself on the barbs. He could feel the hatred, the vile intent, barging from this monstrosity as it began charging forward. No time, there was no time to waste - he burst into motion, a smooth, loping gait that ate the ground.

The golem was lifting a massive hand up, targeting a boy and a teen who had stopped to help him. The monster's intent was clear, to smash the two humans beneath its rocky fist. It swung down, and there was a short cry of terror from the boy who had fallen. Nevin lashed out, his whip shooting forward - and wrapping around the outstretched arm of the earthen creature. The alchemist dug his feet into the ground, threads shooting into the soil beneath his boots to anchor him in place. With a strain of muscles, boosted by the Crimson threads beneath his clothing, he twisted, hauling the attack off course. The mighty fist smashed down - but to the side, driving into the dusty path, not into the flesh of the two boys that had been the golem's target. Nevin let out an exasperated grunt and glared at the golem, his dark eyes flashing with anger as it swung its gaze up to meet him.

"Their blood is not yours to spill, spirit." Nevin spat out, tightening his grip on his whip as he pulled it back. The plynt barbs tore soil and rock loose as he brought his weapon to bare once more. The golem responded with a grating roar, the sound of rocks and boulders grinding against each other.

A member of the NevCrew: