EXP required for next Level: 29

GP

Name
    Ayaka yoko
    Race
    Halfbreed Nekojin

View Profile

Trips are good for the soul, Right? (M)

“We need to talk.” She muttered in a hushed whisper. Ayaka knew it hadn’t quite been a month, but it was close enough and she was in the area. She thought she’d drop in on the two, she thought she’d see no change, and whisk her little sister away kicking and screaming. In and out, nice and simple. This….wasn’t the case. why isn’t it ever fuckin’ nice and simple when it comes to my sister?

Nevin led the way to his workshop. Two doors down at the end of the hall. She was greeted to the site of a workshop. Long, low wooden tables were covered in paraphernalia, bunsen burners next to gently simmering vials and strangely colored fluids in tubes. A station where he did prep work had a rack with recently washed tools behind it - knives, a mortar and pestle, and the like. At the far end was what looked like an open ended cabinet, and upon it were magical symbols intended to chill whatever was inside the cabinet. Her eyes darted to the table where something was cooling in a chamber to one side. It was a little difficult to determine what it was just from smell, because everything in the workshop had a damn smell. But a quick look over the herbs that scattered the table, and Ayaka could tell it was some sort of antidote. Nevin gestured for her to sit at one of the two chairs that were near the table. Great. They really were like a fuckin’ perfect little couple.

Ayaka sat and crossed her legs, then her arms. Carefully folding the white fabric of her priestess dress into her lap. “Right. I want to know what you have been pouring into my sister, and why she practically reeks of…” Ayaka paused. “You and your….activities.” Ayaka held up a single dainty finger. “And I don’t fuckin’ want the details, I don’t mean just physical shit. I mean her-that thing inside of her. What the fuck have you two been doing?”

“She was kidnapped. I saved her. She got hurt, I poured my life force into her to keep her alive. If she or that thing are changed, that is the reason. And since then, the two of us have been happily living together. She considers this place ‘home’. Has a key and everything.” He pointed over to the bed where Eteri slept while he was working, then leaned against a wall with his arms crossed over his chest. “That's all I know.”

“I didn’t ask for yer fuckin’ life story. All I needed to know was what yer did. Right..life force…” Ayaka pursed her lips and tapped her chin lightly. “It hasn’t exactly gone down, or shrunk or anything of the sort.” Ayaka could detect the dismay in Nevin’s body language, the way his shoulders sagged and his eyes fell to the floor. “But - it’s more contained and it’s not spreading. It’s like it’s benign. Of course - that won’t be the case forever. I honestly think it best I take her back to Akashima. If you two are a couple, and you love her - then surely you’d understand this is important.” Nevin’s body had stilled. He took a deep breath, and as he let it out he seemed to deflate for a second before straightening up.

“You are right.”

“Damn right I am.” Ayaka went to stand, but Nevin stopped her, placing a palm out to gesture her to sit back down. Her eyes narrowed.

“You can take her, but I’m going too.” His voice was steady, and firm.

Well that was just fan-fuckin-tastic. Ayaka didn’t want to play babysitter to an insolent shit of a sister and a tall brute with a messed up soul. “Fine. Whatever. Be ready by morning. The both of you.”

And...by morning - all three of them were on a carriage heading for Akashima. Ayaka sat opposite a very embarrassed and flustered looking Eteri, and a very sheepish looking Nevin. The two looked like a couple of deviants who just got caught out. Damnit… Ayaka didn’t want to admit it, but Nevin seemed to be grounding her. That was something at least.

“Ya can talk...don’t make this any more fuckin’ awkward than it already is.”

Nevin took a deep breath and looked out at the countryside that they were passing through. “What is it like there? I've been to several of the lands around here, but Akashima is further than I've roamed.” His eyes swung back in to switch between Ayaka and her sister.

Eteri pursed her lips. “Prettier than anywhere. We going to the Ninyama.”

“It’s ‘we are going to Ninyama.’” Ayaka corrected, her golden eyes shifting out to watch the countryside. “It ain’t as lavish as some o’ the other places, and actually - our town is just outside of Ninyama, but it’s easier to say that. Yer a couple o’ freaks. One without a soul, and one with two. Don’t expect pleasantries.”

“I've been treated as a freak more than I've been treated as a man. In that regard, I have a thick skin.”

Ayaka shrugged. Why did this man have to constantly whittle on about his pissy life story? Gods...Ayaka hoped that Eteri didn’t drone on about her past like that. Speaking off… Ayaka glanced over at her sister.

Eteri didn’t seem too happy to be going back. Ayaka knew this. Ayaka knew how people treated Eteri when she wasn’t around. Ayaka switched to their native tongue, not giving a damn what Nevin thought of it. <“They won’t mess with you when I’m there. You know I have work to do in the temple when we get back - so the day will be yours. You should show Nevin around.”>

<”W-what? But...I don’t really-”>

<”Oh don’t be such a fuckin’ pussy. If someone gets all high and mighty just kick em in the balls, or roundhouse kick them in the tit. That shit hurts.”>

<”What! I can’t do that!””>

Ayaka smirked as her eyes landed on Nevin. He looked lost. This pleased the sadistic catgirl. “I can think of a few people who’d benefit from that….”

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin slowly slid his eyes back and forth between the women. Eteri seemed nervous about something, while Ayaka was clearly getting angry about it. He reached over and squeezed Eteri’s knee reassuringly before looking out the window, biting his tongue. He could understand maybe one word in every ten, and then only the most basic ones. He and Eteri had focused on working more on her learning to handle tradespeak better, and his learning Akashiman had been a secondary concern.

This was going to be a fun trip. He would be a barbarian who could barely speak the language, being dragged around by a woman who clearly didn't like him. He just hoped that they would be able to help Eteri. Keeping the soul bit ‘benign’ was all and good, but he didn't fancy waking up with her tentacles getting invasive again. His hand let go of Eteri's knee and he rub his throat - something was bothering him, like a warm almost burning but not quite feeling. It made no sense - and his internal magic didn't seem to be reacting to it at all.

He frowned and looked out the window, his eyes widening a bit as he leaned forward. “Hmm? Is that Ninyama?” In the distance was what looked like a fairly active city - and it seemed to be on the road that they were traveling. Nevin rubbed his throat again, then frowned and began rummaging in his pouches to see if he had brought along any cough suppressants.

“Yeh.” Ayaka said, sounding bored. “What? Allergic to fresh air?” She asked as she turned her face to his.

“Hardly. I'm not sure what the issue is.” Nevin didn't even look up, though there was a strange scratchy note in his voice. He sat back and tossed a suppressant into his mouth before shrugging. “First for me.”

He was aware of Eteri’s eyes on him, wide and staring. Her full lips pressed into a worried pout. She hadn’t said anything but her expression was so clearly concerned for his well being.

He gave his preferred catgirl a smile. “I'm sure I'll be fine, Eteri. People have been dealing with coughs for years.” Nevin was not saying that the cough suppressant was not helping. He squeezed her leg, and let the two fall back into talking in the native tongue, his throat burning steadily.

An hour had passed and the sights of countryside gave way to houses dotted close together, then, a village. Various people walked the streets, most were Nekojin; fully furred and bipedal catfolk. A few elves, half-breeds and even gnomes dotted the streets. But few to no humans. Especially ones as tall as Nevin.

He definitely felt out of place - more so because he could see the way that many people were looking at him, their eyes widening when they traveled up his length, then freezing at his blood red hair. It was currently draped across his shoulders and hanging down between his shoulder blades on his back and was probably more eye catching than he normally felt it was.

“Right.” Ayaka said abruplty, causing Nevin to shift his eyes to her. “I need to go to the temple. Inform them of what’s going on.” She pointed down toward a path that veered off to the left, red gate-like structures were dotted along it, and tiny little stone houses were nestled in the grass along the paths edge. “I may be a few hours. You two have fun. Just don’t go fuckin’ each other in the streets.” And with a flourish of her hands, and the gentle sway of her hips - Ayaka was gone. Down the path. Leaving Nevin alone with Eteri.

He blinked several times then slowly slid his gaze back to Eteri, who was looking increasingly nervous. He didn't know why at first, until he saw some people giving her ugly looks. He couldn't understand what the people around them were saying, but from the way she was acting it couldn't be good. He stepped towards her and pulled her in close, wincing slightly as his throat tingled almost painfully.

She stepped back, placing a palm on his chest. “Is the uncommons...to have the ...showing of ...feels here. Touching and hand holding and kissing is like...the strange here… things that be behind the closed doors.”

He studied her for a long minute, then nodded. This was not his country, or one he was that familiar with. He could see that Eteri wanted to be closer, but that she was keeping her distance for propriety’s sake. “I'll try not to do that again. I'm sorry.” He bowed his head, hiding his frustration at the scratchiness in his voice as he spoke.

She offered him a warm smile, it faltered as he cleared his throat again. “Nevin....throat still hurting the you?”

“A bit. Ahem. ‘is your throat still hurting you.’” He gave her a patient, warm smile. One that faded as he continued. “And a bit. I'm not sure why - I don't have any allergies, and if I did they would not come on so quickly.”

She frowned and looked around. “Would the food or the medicals help? Can go to the which?”Nevin frowned and drummed his fingers against his arm. He wasn't sure which was what he needed, maybe some food would help?

“Are there any ramen places around? I loved yours, I want to see if any others are as good.”
    She smiled at him, and gestured for him to follow her.

EXP: 15,383, Level: 5
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 4,617
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    Yes...Food… I could do that easily enough. “Mmmm yes.” I said, coming home...was a sore subject for me. I could feel the eyes on us and hear the whispers, but in a way. We evened each other out. He was a tall man, one with two souls and I was small and had none. It was no doubt confusing to a lot of the residents here. I couldn’t exactly blame them. Even if I wanted to hold Nevin’s hand tight, I had to resist the urge.

Every so often our hands would brush up against each other and I’d reach out with my fingers, in an attempt to let that sensation linger just a little longer. I lead him down toward the main street, lanterns painted with intricate patterns and colours littered the shops. Signs were placed out and despite being a small village the thoroughfare was bustling.

“Follow close.Know small shop. Is best. Ayaka bring home from the food all the time.” I glanced up at Nevin who looked as though he were about to correct me on my Tradespeak, instead he stopped himself and cleared his throat. He reached up and rubbed his neck with those long, slender fingers, a frown on his lips that he soon shoved away.

“Here now.” I had to pull on his sleeve to stop him walking forward. I pointed to a shop front. Steam rose out from one of the side windows, it looked as though it could house 8 people at most. 6 if one of those people happened to be Nevin. Still, the place only had the one patron inside - aside from the chef. A tall and sleek full blooded Nekojin with midnight blue fur was exchanging words with the patron. They were laughing.

I smiled. It was a quaint place. I think Nevin would really like it. I stepped up to the door and pushed it open, the bell jingled.

<”Welcome! Please-”> The man turned to her, his whiskers bristled and his deep blue eyes turned to slits. <”We don’t serve soulless here.”> He pointed to a faded sign above one of the menus. <”Take your dirty friend and leave.”>

Oh... .

So that’s why Ayaka never took me here. My ears drooped and I offered him a small smile and a bow. <”S-sorry...can I possibly place an order to go?”>

<”No.”> Came his curt reply. <”Now leave.”>

I nodded, disappointed and turned to leave. Only to find that Nevn hadn’t moved an inch. He stood, still blocking the doorway. “A-ah… we need to be the going...they closing.” Nevin still wasn’t moving.

I noticed as he was staring steadily at the man sitting down, ignoring us as he ate slowly. Then he drew in a deep, deep breath, and let it out slowly, and stepped back. “Alright.”

I breathed a sigh of relief...I was worried he was going to start something… I’d have to try and explain to him that confrontation was very rude here. I ushered him out the store quietly. “Am sorry...uhm...should be doing the medicines instead?” I asked, if we couldn’t eat at my favourite place - maybe we could just go find him something for his throat.

“Eteri the worried about throat.”

“I wonder.. If they'll be closed too.” His voice was very soft.

I forced a laugh as I reached out to lightly squeeze his arm before pulling away. “Not be the silly. Many places open laters….and they be the closing between lunch and dinner.” That much was true, I was just not too specific on the time. I could tell that he was suspicious, but I didn’t have the heart to tell him that the man kicked us out because of me.

<”And what the hell do you think you’re doing?”>

I jumped at the sound of my sisters voice. It’d only been half an hour….what was she doing back already?

I turned to see Ayaka standing behind us, her arms crossed. <”Did that man kick you, a paying customer out?”>

Oh no...Ayaka was one to start things. I didn’t want this to be a scene. Please, please, please don’t let this be a scene <”It’s ok I was just showing him where-”> I stopped as Nevin interrupted.

“Apparently, they were closing.” There was a tight pleasantness to Nevin’s voice behind me. He knew? How?

He didn’t understand us...surely...so maybe he just guessed? Oh no… I shot my eyes back to Ayaka. She had that look in her eye. Oh gosh…

Was magically disappearing a power? Could I have it right about now?
    I am cat gurl, gib me ur soul

EXP: 4,971, Level: 2
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 29
    Level completed: 99%,

GP

Name
    Ayaka yoko
    Race
    Halfbreed Nekojin

View Profile
    “Is that so?” Ayaka stared at Nevin for a few moments, then back to Eteri. “Thanks for telling me.” She pushed past Nevin then Eteri who feebly grasped at the long sleeves of her garb. Ayaka was not amused.

Be damned if anyone was going to treat her little sister like shit. Her sister was probably the mst fuckin’ dumbest, naieve, ignorant piece of shit to walk the earth but dammit she was also the most innocent and reasonable of the lot. At least Eteri was honest.

Ayaka practically slammed the door open. <”Yo, Akane.”>

The chef looked up at Ayaka and his eyed widened, his mouth smiling in delight. <”High priestess! Welcome, come, come sit. Sit. I’ll prepare your-”>

Ayaka pointed to Eteri and Nevin. <”You’ll fuckin’ prepare whatever the fuck they want. They are paying customers and I know yer a greedy ol’ bastard. So shut up and take their fuckin’ money they want..”> Ayaka paused and turned to a very nervous Eteri.

<”What do you want? What does your giant boytoy want?”>

Eteri stood just outside of the threshold of the store, she bit her lip, glancing away before answering. <”A...ah Shoyu...for the both of us ...with double extra chashu.”>

Ayaka nodded and turned back to the now very agitated chef. <”Hear that Akane? She wants her ramen swimming in pork. I wanna see two fuckin’ steaming bowls in front of me right the fuck now. We’re going to sit down and we’re going to ENJOY our meals.”> Ayaka sat down next to the other man, an elderly nekohin with matted white fur all over his body. He wore silk pants and a red sash over an otherwise bare, furry chest. <”Yo, Shiro.”> Ayaka said with a nod.

<”I figured you’d show… you just have a sixth sense for that sort of thing.”> he said as he held up his hand to signal Akane. <”6 shots sake, warm.”> Akane nodded, his back to them as he bustled about, making the bowls.

<”Aye, get your fuckin’ furry blue butt in here - and tell your fuckbuddy to not hit his big ass forehead on the way in.”> Ayaka called out to the two who were still standing awkwardly in the doorway.

They entered, Eteri silently taking a seat next to Ayaka. Nevin ducked in, keeping his head low even so, he had to bend over not to hit the top. He calmly folded himself down onto the chair by Eteri, and nodded his head to Ayaka quietly.

Shiro, the older man sighed and rubbed his head. <”You’re a handful Ayaka. I remember when you’d chase people with a stick for even glancing at Eteri the wrong way. I’d say it’s good to see the both of you back in town, but if she’s back - then I doubt it is.”>

Ayaka nodded but didn’t say much further on it. Shiro was a good man, avoided conflict like it was the fuckin’ black plague, but that was common. Head down, shut up. That’s the way this place worked. The six drinks were placed in front of Shiro who slid one to Eteri, one to Nevin two to Ayaka and kept two to himself. <”Cheers to whatever the hell it is you’re doing.”>

Ayaka rose her small cup and gestured for Nevin and Ayaka to do the same. <”Cheers.”> She downed the drink and slammed the sake cup back on the tiny bar before downing the other. Nevin studied his drink for a moment before doing the same, lifting an eyebrow at the taste as it burned down his throat.

The two bowls were shoved in front of both Eteri and Nevin and Ayaka was pleased to note that indeed, both bowls had a disproportionately large amount of meat in it. <”Dig in fuckers. Especially you Eteri. You’ll need your strength.”>

Eteri turned her head to look at Ayaka, <”What? Why?”>

<”Best just enjoy the meal and the drinks. Keep ‘em coming Akane.”>

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    The bowl currently in front of Nevin was definitely larger than what Eteri had made. Thick cuts of pork rested along the top on one side, or at least there had been an attempt to put them on one side, they really covered half of the bowl or more. Curious, he used his chopsticks - well, the store’s. He had his tucked in his bag at the moment - to level the meat out of the way. Partially crushed beneath it was thin strip of a green leafy vegetable. Eteri had included some of this herself, but not as much. He gave a fond smile to his girlfriend who was already digging in - it seemed her preference for meat affected even her own nation’s meals.

The redhead quietly began working on his own bowl. Nowhere near as proficient as Eteri it took him longer - but he ate more of the additional vegetables as well, while she seemed content with just the meat and the noodles. In the end he gave her some of his pork and snagged some of the veggies from her bowl. If Ayaka was warning that Eteri would need her strength..

Well. He wanted to make sure she ate as much as she could. Nevin raised an eyebrow and spoke softly to Eteri. “Yours is better.” He finished and sat back, settling his hands in his lap as he turned his attention to Ayaka.

“You is lie.” Eteri shot back, slurping her noodles loudly. Come to think of it… the older man had been slurping his rather loudly too. Nevin wondered if this was a custom.

Ayaka was still exchanging words with the old cat next to her in a language he didn’t understand. Finally Ayaka turned to Eteri and again, started talking in Akashiman. Nevin noticed that Eteri didn’t like what was being said, her ears swiveled downward, and for the briefest of moments she stopped eating. ONly briefly before she started again.

His throat was burning fiercely at this point. It seemed food had not been the solution. At this point it was becoming odd that despite his throat - and now that he thought about it some of his mouth- were being affected , but nothing else. He hadn't been eating anything when this started, so then, why? He reached up and massaged his throat again, frowning.

Eteri immediately caught the action. “Nevin! Throat!?” He blinked and was taken aback by the concern and fear in her voice. He leaned back and frowned..

“I'll be fine, Eteri. Your situation is more important. I don't have a fever or any other signs of fighting off an illness. I can go to a doctor in a bit.” He was trying make her calm down.

Eteri shook her head and turned to her sister, talking to her in that same worried tone...just in a different language. Ayaka rose her eyes to look at Nevin and shrugged. Clearly not moved by Eteri’s plight. Eteri rose her voice, and it took Ayaka slamming her sake cup down, and hissing something low to Eteri for Eteri to go back to the remnants of her meal.

“Eteri. I am fine, dear. Don't let me be the cause of problems.”

“Liar…” Eteri mumbled. She pushed her bowl toward him, the vegetables and eggs floated in the little amount of broth she had left him. He winced at the hurt in her voice. He slowly reached out and took the bowl.

“Alright, I'll eat more vegetables. They're good for being sick.” Anything to make that pout go away.

“Not good for being the liars.” She mumbled, crossing her arms in front of her. He sighed and started to reach out to her, pausing and pulling his hand back to rest it on the table. Public displays of affection weren’t right here. He took a deep breath.

“Right now, you are more important. My throat is not actually hurting me. It's more like.. It wants something but I have no idea what. My magic is weird, you know that.” He sighed and shook his head, looking down into the bowl of vegetables. He started fumbling to pick them up - he definitely needed more practice - he paused and slowly looked back to Eteri.

“And I didn't lie. I much prefer your ramen.” Because it was made at home, where no one judged her, or tossed her out. And the two had been figuring out personal preferences, like she found he preferred a bit more of the ‘soy sauce’ than she did. So she always gave him an extra splash when scooping food out for him. This was… Well made, but it was also - generic? Made to appeal to anyone. He frowned into the bowl.

There was a clatter and Ayaka let out a surprised yelp and gave an angry glare.

He looked back to Eteri who was frowning, looking down at her fingers, they were bleeding. He took her hand in his - they were in too much public for him to use his magic. He raised an eyebrow to Eteri, who looked a bit sheepish.

“Cut self on meat skewer….”

Apparently Ayaka had also ordered Eteri more food. Just why was she forcing Eteri to eat so much? He shook his head and brought her fingers to his lips, kissing away the blood that dotted the tips. His eyes widened as he sat back and licked the blood from his lips. The burning was… Subsiding? Why the hell was that?
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I drew my hand away, “Nevin…” It was just a prick… maybe a bit more than a prick, blood still pooled from the pads of my finger. Why did he do that? We were in public, this wasn’t like back home.

He grabbed my hand again, his eyes narrowed. His actions almost automatic it seemed.... They didn’t carry the delicate finesse he usually had. He pulled my hand to his mouth.

“Nevin….” I hissed. “Public!”

He either didn’t hear me, didn’t care, or something else was on his mind. Either way, he ignored my plea to be more discreet and again, he pressed his lips to my fingers, his tongue darted out. I shivered at the odd sensation. “A-uhm…”

<”What? Is he a fuckin’ vampire now too?”> Ayaka muttered. At this Nevin finally let me go and I breathed a sigh of relief. I turned back to the Yakitori that Ayaka had bought for me. She said I needed to eat as much as possible, that I should stop only when I was full. Well… I was finally full.

<”Ayaka...I’m full.”>

<”Good.”> She said as she pushed her chair out from underneath her and began walking out. <”Well? C’mon then.”>

I blinked, how the heck was I supposed to know that she was just going to jump right up then and there? I gave Nevin a worried glance before getting up and following her out of the store. I gazed over my shoulder at Nevin who had followed, a strange, contemplative expression on his face. One of his hands was rubbing his throat, but he was frowning in thought rather than the pain he'd been in before. There was a furrow to his brow that didn't show up when he was hurting, one I recognized from watching him stare at his Alchemy.

<”Eteri! Did you hear what I said?”>

Oh crap….she had been talking and I hadn’t been paying attention….I guess that was nothing new. <”Sorry. I missed that. What did you say?”>

Ayaka sighed as she turned down the path toward the shrine.<”We’re gonna get you all dressed up. I suppose its good you got those holes in yer ears. Don’t have to pierce ‘em. Really… I think it’s a but much but hey, let the old fool do what he thinks is best.”>

<”What...is best?”> I asked, I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach… ceremonial garb...eating till I was full… I almost didn’t want to ask, but I had to. I had to know.

<”Am I going into the solitary chamber of prayer? Isn’t that...only for high priestesses? I don’t have a right to-”>

Ayaka snorted. <”As I said, old man does what he wants. Yeh, yer going in there. Probably for a couple o’ days. They wanna try their own thing. It’s worked before on other volatile things such as this. You know how it goes. Boop, stuff on yer head - it’ll fly by, you’ll be high as a fuckin’ kite.”>

I nodded. I… understood the reasoning but I didn’t like it. I bit my tongue, I couldn’t possibly complain, especially to her of all people. Ayaka had spent weeks in that chamber. Not just days. She was revered around town, despite her total lack of soul abilities. She was a smart and astute woman.

I turned to Nevin. He wouldn’t have a clue what we were talking about, and it was probably for the best. I gave him a small smile. “Eteri will be dressing up in flowy clothes and the lots of the bells.”

Nevin gave me a strained smile. Was his throat still hurting? I was about to ask when - “Well, I'll look forward to seeing you in them for a little bit.” His eyes darted between me and Ayaka, that strange look in his eyes still. Then his hand dropped back to his side as he gave me a warmer smile. “And I'm sure you'll look stunning.”

I smiled at him and reached back to offer his hand a tight squeeze. I wasn’t sure when the next time I would be able to hug him would be...so even though it was frowned upon I wanted to be able to be in contact with him as much as possible.

We continued up the stairs and into the temple, it was wide and open with few nekojin dressed similarly to Ayaka dotted around the place. The building was wide, with slanted wooden slatted rooftops, and a large, welcoming entrance. Incense burners hung around the place and talismans dotted the walls. Things to ward off evil, bring luck, and fortune. All handwritten in neat, looped symbols.

The three entered the main temple and past the public praying area; into a back room. It as unassuming, white walls with thick tapestries hung on them. A long and low table sat in the middle, with cushions dotted around its edge. A single burner sat in the middle of the table.

I watched as Ayaka guided Nevin to sit cross legged at the low table. Incense filled the room, I hoped he didn’t mind the smell of sandalwood. Meanwhile… I had to follow her to the adjacent room where we continued our conversation.

<”Eteri.. You know, all shits n gigs aside...this is going to be straining for you...you’ll be high as fuck for sure, but it’ll tire you out. You’ll feel a lot of things you don’t normally feel. It’ll hurt.”>

I nodded, she gestured or me to take my clothes off and I knew that things were becoming serious. I was to be dressed in the ceremonial garb. It was similar to Ayaka’s, at least in colour. It was far more intricate and...flowy…

I was dressed in a red skirt that hung just above my knees at the front and fannend out at the back into two long strips, adorned with the symbols for white and black. She wrapped thin red ribbon around each of my arms and legs, in a criss cross pattern and tied them off in neat little bows at my wrists and ankles. It...sorta reminded me of Nevin, and it was oddly comforting.

<”This is hella easier with your smooth skin. Do ya have any idea how hard it is to fuckin’ do this to the furry fullbreeds?”> Ayaka said, it was a joke intended to lighten my spirits but I didn’t feel like laughing. This felt too serious. Too real.

Finally, I was given bells to dress my outfit in. In my ears, on my tail, against wrists, and hanging off of various places on the outfit. They weren’t just aesthetic. It was to drown out thoughts, and external noise. I had never been to the solitary prayer room but Ayaka had told me stories. Runes dotted the walls to generate a constant flow of gentle wind, to ensure the bells constantly rang. It was supposed to let us concentrate, to carry us away. I always assumed it would be more annoying than anything else.

<”Is that...everything?”> I asked. Ayaka nodded. <”Will… I be able to talk to Nevin before this all starts, alone?”>

Ayaka reached out to me and pressed her palm against my cheek. <”You’re a fuckin’ handfull. God you picked the worst fuckin’ fucker to fall for. I’ll see what I can do.”>

I nodded, that was as good as any yes rom her.

We left the room and I gave a nod to Nevin as I sat on the cushion next to him. Ayaka stayed standing, on the opposite side of the table. She turned to Nevin, “We gotta few minutes till the old man arrives.”

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin did not fit under the table at all. It was a bit too low, so when the sisters had left him, he had ended up sitting a bit away from the table, his legs folded, knees resting against it. He hoped he didn't look as awkward as he felt. As he sat there, he heard rustling in the other room - the girls, dressing Eteri up. He took a deep breath and concentrated on himself, on the issue that he had learned was happening inside of himself.

That burning in his throat had gone away. Instead there was a pleasant coolness instead that had flowed through his throat, then up to his ears. A bit of it had even reached his head, his brain, and if he hadn't figured out that it was his own magic reacting to a certain problem, he would have been greatly concerned. As it was, he was just mildly concerned. Because how in the hell had his magic decided this was OK?

The reason he had lost control of himself and basically lapped up his girlfriend’s blood was simple. Disturbing, but simple. He had needed it for - well, her language, apparently. After he had coated his tongue, it had sunk in, permeating his tongue with the flavor of sharp copper - and strangely, a sweet aftertaste that tingled his tongue. Since he normally only drank his blood potions, this was the first time he had ever sampled blood directly - were flavors like that normal? He shook his head to dispelled the tangent.

Outside of the restaurant, as they walked, he had been slowly adjusting to the changes that his magic had thrown at him. With some difficulty, he was starting to understand what the sisters were saying to each other - but it still hadn't become clear, not yet. He had pieced together enough to know that something was wrong - but considering his beloved had an angry, volatile piece of soul inside of her, saying something was wrong was rather stating the obvious.

The sound of a door opening brought his attention out of his thoughts. Dark eyes swept up to take in - Nevin stiffened. And he stiffened. Eteri was wearing an entirely different outfit - no single, long dress. She was dressed in what looked like a shirt and skirt combination - a white shirt, with long sleeves tied to her wrists by bright red ribbons. The sides of the shirt hung down onto her short, very flowy skirt. Very short, very flowy. It exposed her long, creamy legs, and Nevin was painfully reminded that he had been behaving out of concern for her and never tried to initiate what she called the ‘in-tents- feels.

So he knew his body was reacting as she gently chimed over to him, bells ringing from her ears and her tail. A soft veil just barely draped from her head, obscuring her face just the slightest of bits, giving her a mysterious air. And since she had said that public displays of affection were not approved of at all, he knew he couldn't hug her like he wanted to. Or, show his rather obvious attraction to her appearance. So, he cheated.

Threads shot out from the side of his leg and wrapped around said display of attraction, and yanked it back down, securing it against the inside of his leg. He shifted a bit in pain, and gave his love a smile as he tried to mask that uncomfortable shift by rearranging his legs to more closely match how she was sitting.

“I… Gather that this is a ceremonial occurrence. What..” He took a breath, and reached out to lace his fingers with hers before looking to Ayaka. He watched her, then shook his head. He knew he wouldn't be told anything about private ceremony. Instead he cleared his throat.

“I think I will need to know the location of an inn that won't turn away foreigners.” His voice was steady, though a bit strained.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

EXP: 4,971, Level: 2
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 29
    Level completed: 99%,

GP

Name
    Ayaka yoko
    Race
    Halfbreed Nekojin

View Profile
    Ayaka narrowed her eyes. “Really? Yer getting involved in this shit and the first thing you think about is a place to sleep?” She tilted her head to the side. “Unless you don’t plan on sleeping?”

“No. I plan on being here longer, which means I need a place to stay.”

Ayaka shrugged. “Eh, sorry boytoy, but Eteri won’t be able to join you tonight. This is a ceremonial garb. She’s gonna be-”

<”Ayaka! Please. I don’t want him to worry. He’s got far more important things to be concerned about, if you tell him I’ll be in some form of solitary confinement being chanted at for days on end he’s only going to blame himself.”> Eteri shifted her gaze to Nevin and squeezed his hand before she continued. Ugh. God these two… <”I’m being serious. He’s becoming reckless. It wouldn’t bother me so much if I didn’t notice how worn out he’s been lately. He used to be so...sturdy and confident, and now that’s faltering and I think I’m partially to blame.”>

<”Eteri, you sweet naive, fool - your tits are to blame. Look at him. He’s probably popped a boner just looking at you now. Ugh its sickening.”>

Ayaka turned her attention to Nevin, switching back to Tradspeak so he’d understand. “Family spat. You know how it is..or not...you seem like a bit of a loner.” Ayaka pushed back her silken brown locks behind her ear and continued, despite her sisters protest. “I’m gonna dumb it down for you. Eteri is going to be in a room, alone for a few days whilst our priests, healers and monks try to purify what is inside o’ her. Now, she;s gonna be fuckin’ high, but it’ll still hurt her. Grow a fuckin’ pair and don’t get yer knockers in a twist. If it were dangerous - I’d not have allowed it.”

“Of course not. I’ve seen how much you care about her.” Nevin sighed and shook his head. Dumbass talking too much again. Ayaka hated how he constantly spoke the fuckin’ obvious. Next thing he’d tell me is ‘oh, we’re in Akashima’ No fuckin’ shit.

She opened her mouth to chastise him, but the priest walked in and she promptly sat down. Nevin’s hand shot away from Eteri’s, at least he knew enough not to keep that shit up around other people. The priest, was an elderly Nekojin with long whiskers that hung downward toward his shoulders. His eyes were so far closed that Ayaka wondered how he ever managed to see a damn thing.

The priest took one look at Eteri and turned to Ayaka. <”You didn’t tell me she was harbouring a forgotten one. A remnant of Pode. This may not work.”> Unseen by the others, who were looking at the priest, Nevin tensed.

A-fucking-what? Ayaka was shocked, to say the least. Sure she had joked about it dismissively. But she didn’t actually think it was a remnant of a long-forgotten god of destruction and chaos. Ayaka shot a glare at her sister, who simply gave her a sheepish grin and a shrug. Where the hell did Eteri even get such a thing?

<”What the fuck? How did you-”>

<”Manners.”> The priest said as he approached Eteri, he scratched at his whiskers as he peered down at her. <”When Pode was destroyed, I believe it was near the Red Forest...If I am not mistaken… Pode’s essence, or soul - was not destroyed but broken up and absorbed by those who destroyed it. This…”> He pointed a long, clawed finger at Eteri. <”Has no sentience, but it most definately will influence. Hold sway over whoever harbours it. I suppose the safest place for such a danger is in the body of a carefree woman, filled with love and an attention span that is too short to carry out any darker whims.”>

He turned to Ayaka. <”Translate for me. Ask him if there are any signs. Any at all that it has manifested itself in a physical way.”>

Ayaka grimanced, she was not intending to be the go between. “Ugh...The old man wants to know if my sister has…” Ayaka sounded tired, and pensive, the normal bite from her voice trailing away. “Has …. Shown any sort of dark tendencies.”>

At this, Ayaka noticed Eteri tense, and knew that yes- yes she had.

“Twice that I know of. Neither, strangely, actively malicious.” Nevin lifted two fingers. “Once, quasi-tangible tentacles came from her while she slept, and caressed me. Second - well.” Nevin shot a look to Eteri then turned to Ayaka.” The second time it seemed to affect her personality. Demanded sex, in a very specific manner.”

“That’s fuckin’ weird…” Ayaka turned to the priest and translated. Every detail. She didn’t want to hear such things involving her sister, still...it was concerning.

The priest nodded. <”Ask him if he has any renmants of Pode within himself...I do not see as such but his soul is an intangible mess of a thing. Quite unsightly. Or anything that may tie him to the Forgotten One.”>

Ayaka nodded in agreement, ignoring the small growl from Eteri, and again, she repeated the message to Nevin.

“...yes. Due to an event, I took on some of her magic and possibly more, I'm not sure. It has become… Much more sublimated in me. My soul is partially divine, and proved a bit much for that piece to survive in.” He shrugged one shoulder. Strangely, he had responded almost before Ayaka finished speaking.

Ayaka caught this, and narrowed her eyes. “I ain’t translating for this lying piece of shit anymore.” She hissed.

“So, it really did work like that.” Nevin frowned deeply. “Crimson, I wish I knew how my magic worked better.” He turned to Eteri and frowned.

<”Eteri, can… understand… me?” >

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    Did….did Nevin just speak in… <”N-Nevin? Since when did you get so good?”> my tail flicked side to side, the trepidation building in me being quickly shoved aside for excitement. I didn’t think I was such a good teacher. <”I’m so happy! You’ve done so well.”>

<”burn throat. Not good grasping yet. Need help more, think. But I - I hear? Good.”> There was an intense frown as he stumbled through speaking. I didn’t mind one bit. I was so proud of him. It was exciting to hear him speak.

<”Need more? You mean…”> I tilted my head to the side, ignoring the priest who was clearing his throat. <”Ah! You mean that my blood did it...so the blood magic you use utilised my blood to aid you in our native tongue...as a way of adapting since it’s all you’ve really heard since you got here?”> I furrowed my brow. That didn’t make a lot of sense, and quite honestly sounded a little too convenient. Still.. It was a thing.

“I think so. The Great Flow - where my magic comes from - is meant to be a place of unity and acceptance. I mentioned that that part is advancing in me, this might be another aspect of it. I am sorry about that by the way - when I took your blood I wasn't fully in control of myself. Speaking in tradespeak is still easier for me, but…” I reached out and squeezed his hand. Telling him not through words, but through body language that this was ok. This was all going to be ok and that if he ever needed it. He could take as much as he needed from me because I know he would offer the same in return. His fingers laced with mine and squeezed back.

I watched as Nevin cleared his throat and turned to the priest, bowing his head. <”Apologies lots. My magic did weird thing, not native speaker. Yes, have part of Pode in me, but my ghost is.. Too white?”>

The priest huffed then shrugged. <”I will move this on. I will go prepare her a drink to aid in the sedation.”> He gave Nevin and Eteri a nod. <”This may not work as we had planned. This is not a normal clensing, we will aid to do our best. Say your goodbyes.”> With that he gave a small bow and shuffled out the room.

I turned to Nevin, ignoring the fact that Ayaka was still in the room and collapsed into his arms, wrapping my arms tightly around his broad shoulders. “Is ok. Is ok….Is all ok..” I mumbled into his neck as I rubbed my face against his skin. Inhaling differently. I wanted to remember how he felt against me, how he smelt...how he sounded. Everything. “Much love.”

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin wrapped his arms around the blue-haired girl, hugging her tight to his chest. He took a deep breath, feeling his lungs expand and swell in her hold, and slowly let it out as he rubbed her back with one hand. “Yes. I love you a lot too. It will be OK. I'll be here when you come out.”

“Get a fuckin’ room.” He heard Ayaka snidely remark. “For fuck sakes its only gonna be a few days.”

“We’re in a room, and these are our goodbyes. If it bothers you, help the priest?” He knew that Ayaka was Eteri’s sister, but he was done with taking these snide little comments and remarks passively. After replying to her, he turned his attention back to the woman desperately clinging on to him.

“Fine by me, fuck you both. Just don’t fuck each other I’m the one who would have to clean up.” Ayaka mumbled as she stood and followed the path the Priest took into the next room.

“That doesn't really make me not want to do that, I hope she knows.” Nevin muttered to Eteri after Ayaka was out of the room. He grinned down at her. Then he pulled the girl more properly into his lap, so that she was curled into his arms instead of just slumped against him. Now that she was sitting on him, he released his ‘bondage’ hold, and let her feel his reaction to her outfit as he held her tight. She jumped slightly, eyes widening as she stared up at him. “I uhm...good to seeing you too.”

“Eteri, love. You can talk in Akashiman. I can understand it better than I can speak it.” Nevin grinned and kissed her nose. She wriggled in response, which did not help his own throbbing desire to throw her onto the table right there. Make a huge mess to force Ayaka to clean up.

<”It doesn’t bother you? I don’t mind. I’ve become quite accustomed to speaking Tradespeak.”> She murmured into his neck.

Nevin's hands tightened around her waist, slowly pressing her downwards gently for a moment before he grinned and shook his head. “Not at all, dear. Your voice is wonderful when you're speaking it, and I would rather hear that intelligent brain in there, without it being stuck by the common tongue.”

Nevin felt a low rumble of a purr rise up from Eteri, the bells chimed in gentle and hypnotic rythm as she swished her tail to and fro. If Nevin didn’t know any better he’d have thought that she had just adjusted herself so he could - oh, she had. He felt a low growl build in his throat as he cheated, and used his threads to open his pants so that she could feel him directly against her.

<”I’m not that smart, but I appreciate the sentiment. You always make me feel-N-Nevin! Here? They could be back any minute! What if my sister walks in? What if the-”>

He caught her lips in a kiss, deeply, and ground against her. He pulled away and rested his forehead against hers, staring into her eyes. “But you are smart, Eteri. I don't like hearing you put yourself down like this. And as for this,” he rolled his hips against her. “This is just this. I know we don't have the time for what we want. But - I want to remember how you feel for the next few days.” His tone was thick with desire.

Apparently Eteri wanted the same. One hand slipped down, and pushed her underwear aside, enough for him to slide in. He groaned against her, and she kissed him to keep him quiet. They rocked back and forth, holding tight, desperate to make one more memory together before -

By the time Ayaka came back, the two were sitting side by side again, Eteri leaning against his shoulder, her face flushed. Ayaka’s nose crinkled in disgust. “Really? Fucking - really? The fuck is wrong with you two?” Nevin just gave her a slow, languid smile, his eyebrows rising challengingly.

“Yes, really fucking.” His tone was lighter than it had been earlier, and he was clearly amused. “We did keep the mess down though. You're welcome.”

“Oh, you think you're funny, bastard?” Nevin shrugged his shoulder, once.

“I have no problem with it. If need be, I'll help you clean. But - she needed this.” Eteri burrowed her face against his side, unable to look at her sister. “And so did I. If she's going in to have her soul messed with - she needs memories of love. And I will always give her whatever I can.” He squeezed Eteri’s waist, his eyes boring into Ayaka’s. He did not look away, and he did not flinch, he just stared steadily, his gaze firm.

A member of the NevCrew: