Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    The first place he set ablaze was the small chamber that the infested man had once lived in. “May your next splitting from the Great Flow be more pleasant than this one.” Nevin bowed his head and offered a benediction, before scooping some of the flame out and tossing it onto the bed. His hand stung from the intense, painful cold but he ignored that, instead taking a step back as he watched the flickering, cool blue flames begin to spread.

Once the room was burning, he moved into the ritual room, and methodically began setting fire to each of the bodies of the sacrificial victims in the main ritual chamber. He paused and looked down at his tunic, bright red in the firelight, and nodded. The hide from this creature was the same as what he was already wearing - and he needed a reinforced cloak. His threads burst out from his skin and he set to work, quickly tearing strips of the hide from the body and tucking them away into his pouches. It would suffice for making a new cloak, once he could find someone who could work in the magim beast leather they thought it was.

Grisly harvest accomplished, Nevin dumped the remains of the fire he had been hauling around onto the body, and stepped back to make sure that it was burning thoroughly. He nodded satisfied as the corpse lit up, fire crackling along its skin. The cold in the chamber was actually painful now, chapping Nevin's skin as the blue flames caught everything they could and set it alight. Before he could get trapped, or frozen, Nevin hurried out. Behind him, dancing blue flames could be seen, slowly spreading throughout the temple.

His teeth were chattering with the cold as he walked back to Stare. “H-h-h-h-how f-f-f-f-far b-b-b-back-k-k?”

Stare returned from walking around the outside, her spark rocks in her hand. She had done a quick circumference, making sure that the fire would not spread easily and eat up the entire forest. Instead, she had ensured every tree close enough to possibly be snapped up by the hungry flames was broken and bent away. There were limits, however. Because of her height she could only access certain ones, and so some needed to be left as possible catches. Sincerely, she hoped all would be fine and even set alight to what grasses and decaying leaves she could find in order to help the flames.

When Nevin came back to the front just after her, all shivering, she found herself thankful for the feathers that kept her warm. She realised she could not offer him her cloak, for it was now drowned with ophiotaurus gunk. Instead she had to suffice with nearing him awkwardly and touching his side with her feathers at the same time as slipped her spark rocks away.

“We teleport,” she grunted, and whilst waiting for Nevin to warm up and use her as a hot water bottle she began to search for her darkest marble of them all.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin watched as natural flames burned around the temple, while the impossible icy flames gutted the place. It was comforting to see the church burn, even if he felt a strange pang. Again he had found a connection to his past to what he was - and again it had been perverted, meant to bring ruin to the world. He didn't know why, but that thought in just grate against him the wrong way - it infuriated him. Equal acceptance and open arms did not mean a willingness to sit aside when something was trying to destroy the flow of life.

That was it, wasn't it? The natural flow. Things were meant to be and die, and return. But this abomination, the usurper, and its servants - their bloody sacrifices, their stealing of power and energy, all of it was breaking the Great Flow, and forever preventing Crimson from rejoining the flow. And that, that was what was making Nevin furious.

And he didn't know why - while he did have the memories of the teenager who was raised in the Cult, it was just that - one more part of the Cult, the perverted branch. If anything, his memories should have reinforced that what was happening here was right and proper. But no, something deeper than memories screamed at him that this must be stopped - and the usurper dealt with.

Nevin was pulled from his thoughts by a sound of triumph close by. He turned his eyes to Stare who was holding up an extremely dark orb. She stepped on top of the bundled cloak, and looped her arm through his - and then there was a gut churning twisting sensation.

The world twisted around them, and the sensation that was only familiar to one of them occurred. Her stomach knotted in several places, but she liked the way the wind whistled around her face. It picked and played with her feathers as the world became a void and -

Thump. There they were again. The broad cream facade of her home, and the splendid stoney drive. The tiny pebbles crunched beneath her feet and the hate and anguish used for battle melted away. They came to be replaced by a simple indifference that followed her like a cloud in this city.

Breathing in, she took a moment to take in the fresh air and then she turned to Nevin.

“I have to take this lot,” she gestured with the cloaked mass of guts between them, “To the basement … I'll see you in the dining room right? They'll be some form of dinner out by now.”

Nevin steadied himself and nodded slowly. He would have to do research on just what the guts of a minotaur lamia were useful for - they were going to some lengths in order to obtain it and now keep it safe. But - she hadn't felt comfortable enough to share it with him, and he wasn't going to press, not now. He had thoughts and issues of his own that he was not going to burden her with, so he wouldn't demand to know hers. No, he would leave it be for now and start looking into that on his own time, away from this place. He watched as Stare headed inside, dragging the gory mess behind her, then shrugged and headed inside himself, making his way towards the dining room.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Only to be intercepted by the small, brown haired, mousey little man who snored like he was sawing wood. Druss gave him a polite smile and bowed, sweeping his hand out to one side as he indicated that Nevin should follow him.

“Lord Vitruvion would like for you to join him in his private study. If you would be so kind as to follow me, I will guide you there and then send someone to bring you both refreshments.” Well, this was concerning, but there was no way he could reject the request, not after the white haired individual had been kind enough to allow Stare to accompany him into the forest. Nevin didn’t doubt that if he had wanted to, he could have easily had someone else join Stare in hunting for that beast, at a later time. So, the redhead nodded and followed after Druss as the quiet man led the way.

Back they went, through a hallway and back into the library. This time, Nevin was guided to the set of double doors that was set into one end of the room. Druss knocked firmly on the door and waited until a soft, imperious voice said to enter - then the butler bowed to the alchemist and left, saying he would be back shortly with some small refreshments. Nevin looked down and adjusted his tunic, then took a deep breath and entered.

Vitruvion was on the left, sitting behind a desk that had papers strewn across it, the sign of a busy individual. He didn’t look up right away as Nevin entered, his long, well groomed white hair falling in a curtain around his face as he focused on documents on the table. Nevin looked around the room slowly as he waited. On his right was a bookshelf filled with what looked like heavy tomes, and a stool was set up near a large window looking out on the front walk. The wood in this entire chamber was matched oak, everything was set up neatly and orderly, and was a clear sign of a well-appointed room.

“You wanted to see me, Sir Elssmith?” Nevin waited until Vitruvion had paused in his work, setting the fountain pen down on a small stand. The man folded his hands on top of the desk and turned his gaze towards Nevin, staring steadily at the alchemist.

Slowly he breathed in and indicated to the door. It creaked for a moment, then shuddered closed as if on its own accord. Rolling his shoulders back he let a short silence continue as he studied the man, then, for the second time, and tried to poke at the mind. But once more there was a large amount of harsh resistance. Perhaps even more than before.

“I want to know exactly what is going on,” he said quietly. “You explained to Stare that you have powers from another realm, another world,” his eyes narrowed slightly with the reminder that there were other planets. “But you also have other magic within you. It got stronger in the church. Much stronger. And Stare's eyes never lie.”

Pressing his fingers tightly together he let his breath go on steadily, and prepared to do whatever magic he needed to protect himself.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin blinked twice, and tilted his head to one side. That was not what he had expected in all honesty. He frowned and rubbed his chin as he tried to figure out how to respond, because he wasn’t sure what to tell him. So, he shrugged a bit as he dropped his hands to his sides.

“You may very well know as much as I do at this point, if you’ve been listening through Stare. I don’t know myself why this other magic - what she called divine - is inside of me, and I didn’t know that it had gotten stronger in the church. My best guess would be that it’s a result of that ritual that the Cult performed on me seven years ago, but I can’t say that for certain. Though…” He paused and his frown deepened.

“If I had to make a guess as to why it got stronger in the church, it would have to be because that thing I killed there was opening a portal to the plane that it came from - the same plane that my powers come from. It could be that even the brief connection back to that plane strengthened what I have.” If that was the case - just what on earth was he? What got stronger when it was in contact with its native realm?

Vitruvion's jaw tightened, and his fingers pressed together harder. The look on Nevin's face told him that he was telling the truth, and he was sure that if he brought Stare in here that she would tell him that Nevin told the truth … As the crimson-haired man thought of it. If there was only some way though to address the higher authority that seemed to be connected to him. The divine half in that two corded twist that made up Nevin's power.

He was still wary of the power. Wary that it could mean a challenge to him, that it secretly had intent behind its human host …

“What are your intentions?” he asked, determined to keep the conversation going until he saw a glimmer of the beast beneath. There was always someone granting the power when it came to divinity. Always. Even if it was now half mad or nearly destroyed. “You spoke of ‘my church’ to Stare. What does that mean to you? What are your real intentions in this city? Are you here as-” He stopped, breaking off the last word.

Here as part of my brother's plan.

He fell silent, forgetting the question, but keeping his gaze steady.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “My chu- my intentions?” Nevin drew his back upright, locking his gaze onto Vitruvion’s suspicious eyes. “My church is the Crimson Church, a thing meant to be accepting and promote unity and acceptance. It’s not a hostile thing, or it shouldn’t be. These bastards that think they can corrupt that, twist it into a thing of sacrifice and mutilation are disgusting. My intentions in this city were were to meet my friend, and to help her, and examine the Red Forest. That’s it. I don’t have some grand, overarching scheme here - I have enough on my plate as it is trying to purge the corrupt branches of the Crimson Church, and getting ready to run the Radasanth Alchemist’s guild out of business.” Nevin curled his right hand into a fist for a moment, digging nails into his palm for a moment as he gathered himself.

“That’s it. I’m not here as part of any scheme, on my part or anyone else’s. Thick flow, I helped Stare gather information for you - and I’m willing to give you more of that serum if you need to interrogate anyone else. And I helped Stare kill that serpent bull thing, which I know she was doing for you - what on earth could you -” He broke off, biting his tongue, hard as thoughts came to him. While he didn’t know what on earth that thing had been, he did remember some ancient legends about the creatures that made it up were. Nevin exhaled, a long, heavy breath. He locked his eyes onto Vitruvion, and spread his palms out wide.

“I’m not here to impose on you, or infringe on your domain. I have a question for you, Sir Elssmith. What are you and your brother? Because I think I’m going to end up tangled up in that mess as well, if he is targeting Stare or your operations.” Nevin didn’t want to admit it - but he knew that Stare was important to Vitruvion. And if this brother - who was so clearly not human from what Nevin had gleaned from that captured mage - was going for things precious to Vitruvion - his friend was a weakness.

The blue eyes fixed on the alchemist with an ageless fury. Righteous and great they glared back at him, the hands forming together into a tight collective white-knuckled fist. A thin growl came from between his teeth.

“First, do not associate me with that villain, if you weren't in that prison with her, you would not know anything about him. Secondly,” he paused, breathing accelerated, human heart pounding. Secondly, he thought, Fuck this mortal form. He gritted his teeth, the old furies coming back. If only he could, if only he could tell everyone. “Stare already explained it,” he said thickly. “I am a half-celestial, this you can find from anyone. It's a term used for half angels. There are enough of them,” he spat the few last words.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Although he was honestly sure that his half-brother, which ever one it was, was likely striding around telling everyone his true heritage.

Nevin saw the fury, the anger, and heard the vitriol. He slowly sat down on the stool, and clasped his hands in his lap as he watched Vitruvion. He waited as the being in front of him calmed down, staying quiet until the veins that had started to stand out had receded as he took deep breaths. When Nevin was fairly confident the other man wasn’t about to attack him, he shook his head slowly, his hair dancing against the back of his neck as he did so.

“It’s… that’s not quite right though, is it?” His voice was very, very calm, and quiet. Nevin carefully watched Vitruvion, and caught the fact that the other man went totally still. “You’re right, Stare did say that earlier. But - she then avoided me, fled from me, which she’s never done before. I thought something was wrong about it when that happened, but I was not going to press her. I’d put it out of my mind, you know.” He took a deep breath.

“But you brought it up.” Nevin rubbed his face with one hand. “It took a powerful demon - one that is made even stronger by the fact that he has a church that worships him - to break your magic. You have a mental connection that reaches across continents with no sign of weakness or faltering at all. Stare has seen divine magic in you - and when she tried to explain it, she lied or tried to hide something from me. But, if you were a half-celestial, then nothing would have been needing to stay hidden there. And the other - he who calls himself a godling - has the power to actually bully and command the demon that broke your magic on Stare, the magic on that cuff. And… ‘There are enough of them’.” He focused his eyes back on Vitruvion.

“You’re much more than just a half-celestial. But why would you need to hide your true nature? The Thaynes run around enough as it is. No - you…. You were aware of alternate planes. Not just aware, you seem familiar with them. Is that right?” Was Vitruvion - was Vitruvion similar in nature to him? Divinity from another plane of existence? Or - perhaps the other way around, as Nevin was still finding out what he was, while Vitruvion knew. “You’re… foreign. A…” His mind tried to balk, but a core of something inside of him lashed out, forcing his mind to say the words.

“Are you a god?”

Vitruvion stared, eyes locked onto Nevin. The alchemist didn’t know if that meant that he was entirely wrong - or entirely right.

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    For what seemed a long time, but was in fact seconds, the white-haired man watched. His breath came to nothing, his heart beat … paused. Hiccuped and then stopped as pure energy raged through his body, keeping it going. His mind began to race, blue eyes become twisting whirlwinds, remembering the last time someone had been this close. Last time he had been able to confess his true identity to someone. That someone, closer to him than anyone could comprehend …

Could he really? Nevin had just asked, in the same way that Raevin had done all those years ago, starting the two of them on a journey together that still had many years to go … Could he, as Vitruvion the god, actually admit … Was this a -

Suddenly he broke eye contact. The pain of so many years flooded into the man's face, strain and stress and horror. Many things flittered over it, including desire, hatred and scorn, but he rested on the same constant stress of the past one hundred years. Trapped in this damn body. Trapped in this damn body. Trapped …

He moved his hands off the desk and his hair fell across his eyes as he gored a death sentence into the wood before him. He whispered something barely audible.

“Less than I was.”

Well. That was…. Nevin swallowed. “I…. well. None shall learn of it from me. It isn’t much of an offer, but if I am ever in a position to help you…. I will see what I can do.” His voice was very soft.

Vitruvion did not speak. Instead he breathed out and briefly closed his eyes to murmur something on the wind. There was a twist in the air, a breaking of reality. A small pocket appeared in the atmosphere beside him and from somewhere else a figure came to be.

Stare. Stuck, suddenly in the room and looking very surprised, still in a position of slightly bending over. It took her a moment to gauge where she was. Her eyes darting around she took in Nevin, then the room and finally Vitruvion, her breath expelling from her lungs.

“I hate it when you do that,” she moaned, glaring at his slumped body, “I was just finishing-”

Stare,” the white-haired man whispered tightly, but in a clattering, clicking tongue that was clearly her native language. “He knows.

And suddenly then, her breath was back in. Her eyes grew massive, swinging around to take Nevin in. She drew herself in, tensing in that moment and quickly backing away from him, her dear friend, fearing, stunned, confused. Not knowing what would happen, or anything beyond that single fact she pressed herself to Vitruvion's side, hand automatically slipping down to grab her dagger’s hilt.

“It's not what it seems, Nevin,” she said fast. “I can't tell, we're not allowed to tell. It's the law. It's ...” She put herself before Vitruvion, protecting him.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “It’s perfectly fine - I won’t spread what is not mine to share. You know that, Stare.” Nevin interrupted her - seeing Stare afraid for him, of him, did not sit right with the Alchemist. He shook his head slowly, and kept his hands in his lap - clearly not ready to move. “It’s been a suspicion in the back of my mind for a while, but it changes nothing.” And there was something wrong, something off - his eyes were burning, aching in a strange way. He lifted one hand and began rubbing at his eyes furiously as he spoke.

“You kept my secret when you learned it, Stare, Vitruvion. I would be a pathetic individual not to return that same consideration. Crimson!” He broke off, cursing as he grabbed his face in his hands. His eyes were aching, demanding something, pressure, but the rubbing did nothing at all to help. Desperate to stop the pain, he pushed some of his internal magic to his eyes, hoping that that would ease the pain - and it cut off completely, sweet relief making his shoulders slump.

Nevin opened his eyes and lowered his hands, and froze. There was something in the room that hadn’t been there before - and the other two seemed to not realize it at all. Stretching between each pair of people - Nevin and Stare, Stare and Vitruvion, and Vitruvion and Nevin - was bands of red, different thicknesses. Heavy red chains, a plethora of them, swung between Vitruvion and Stare, glowing a brilliant crimson hue on the end closer to the man - to the god. The end on Stare’s side was glowing a softer red, still bright, but shot through with brighter streaks and darker ones at random.

Between Nevin and Stare was a single, solid chain of links. On his end was a warm red - while Stare’s had a dark glow about it, and just looking at it sent shivers of fear into Nevin. He realized the emotions were not his own - Stare was afraid of him? How did he know that? And how did he know that Vitruvion was cautious, worried, and a bit mad at Nevin? He glanced in the other man’s direction - the connection between them was a thick rope, not as impressive as the chains connecting either of them to Stare - and nothing at all like the massive network of chains that bound Stare and Vitruvion together. He let out a soft exhalation, his eyes wide, focused not on anyone, but on the new things he was seeing.

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    A suck of her breath and she let out a light cry of shock as she saw him, Nevin, with his eyes glowing bright and crimson. The whole of them, red and luminous. Pressing herself back she didn't know what to do, caught between trying to protect Vitruvion, lost in his scarred past as she was, and trying to save herself. She thought of yelling out, alerting someone, but who would be of use here. And just what was Nevin doing? He had cursed while clutching at his head, and now looked up with -

A strong something grabbed her, spinning her around. Hard, she was shoved back into the seat that was never hers, and instead before her was the tall, impressive figure of Vitruvion, taking her place between the possible enemy and her. He was hunkered over, trying to cover Stare as he threw up a hand before him, a writhing forcefield of energy springing from it to create a magical shield barrier. Vitruvion's eyes were now alert, huge and full of life.

Behind him Stare’s eyes flickered between Nevin and Vitruvion, uncertain what was going on, her heart mad.

“Oh. You… you love her. You really love her.” The redhead’s voice was soft, and almost not quite there, like he wasn’t really speaking despite the words coming from him. Nevin stayed seated, his red eyes focused between the two. Slowly they swung up to lock onto Vitruvion’s face. “So tired and worn, but even now you’re protecting her. I…. You don’t need to be afraid. Not of me. I’m not a fighter, not truly. Ah. You… my eyes?” He raised one hand up in front of his face, and a very faint frown flickered across his face when he saw the red glow spreading across it. Experimentally, magic was withdrawn from his eyes - and the light faded. So to did the red bonds that connected them all. Magic was pushed back, and the glow and bonds returned.

He pulled the magic away and left it away. “It seems I’m still.. Growing. I… Bonds, between us all. When I let magic flow to my eyes, I can see the signs of our connections together. And your feelings, towards me and towards each other. And more - bonds that whisper away, falling apart. Someone outside of sight, maybe?” His head floated to one side, as if he wasn’t consciously moving it. “Yes, that seems right. The connections between you two are so powerful though. And they shine, so brightly.” A few heartbeats passed in silence as he sat there, his body slowly drifting from side to side. Then he shook his head, sharply, and he winced as his gaze refocused on the here and now.

“I… that was new.”

You… you love her. You really love her.

The words still resounded in her head as Nevin seemed to come out of it all. The other distant connections … there were many their lives reflected on. But those bonds between them so strong.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    He loved her?

Quietly she lifted her eyes and settled them on Vitruvion. He had lowered his hand, the barrier fading into nothing when Nevin had explained them further - then slowly drew back into a stiffer, straighter position. His chest rose and fell, the habits of breathing coming back into his body as Stare looked with honest confusion and at a loss for words.

“What …” she whispered, “What does he …?”

“Stare is mine,” Vitruvion said in a small, but confident voice. “More than anyone will ever know. Her race was made, then discarded by the being we refer to as my ‘father’ … Ansaldo. They were discarded here, to this planet and I found her. I have a right to her, she is mine.”

He said the last word with a supreme amount of authority and confidence. As he did his hand rolled into a fist, and prepared to do anything at all to keep her to him. Stare’s brow furrowed, her initial reaction being disbelief, that Vitruvion had any positive feelings for her at all but … but she had to admit it. First reactions were never right. Instead, he had promised her in recent times never to abuse her, never to rape her, had told her time and time again as to how much she was worth to him …

She dropped her eyes and looked at the desk before her. Tension flickered between the two of them, and she felt a lump form in her throat, thinking of all the hatred she often felt towards him.

“I am … his,” she admitted with a whisper. “He's literally my god, Nevin.”

Nevin tilted his head to the side as he watched them, listened to Vitruvion speak. He had pushed magic back to his eyes - and there was shock in Stare’s emotions, running towards Vitruvion, followed by flickers of surprise, confusion, doubt, bleeding to warmth. Vitruvion on the other hand kept that brilliant glow, though it did flicker to feelings of possessiveness as he spoke. There was a strange half-smile on his lips as he shook his head. “It seems you can’t hide from these eyes. Acceptance, possessiveness, they are masques over a deeper love. Even if she is yours, of a race from the world you came from and your father made - you have left an indelible mark upon her. You’ve probably met other Kenku, but none of them are yours in the way she is, are they? That, that she is yours, when you say that, there are other words that you want to say, but cannot.” The half-smile stayed on his lips as he shook his head.

“That feeling is a power in and of itself, Vitruvion. Normal, mortal men have challenged and slain gods for it. What could you do, I wonder?” The red light faded again and he rubbed his forehead. It seemed doing that put a strain on him, as he wasn’t used to using his magic that way just yet.

A member of the NevCrew: