Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Nodding once she stood up fast, forgetting what little food she had on her plate. Rushing over to Nevin she ducked under his arm before he could protest and supported him through the door. Kicking it open she blew a small raspberry, as best as a crow can, at Mer on the other side. The elf was standing there, dagger-eyed, and Stare mocked her. Carefully she began to direct Nevin up to the stairs.

“You should get some rest.”

Nevin stumbled a bit as a small form slipped on under his arm, supporting him and making his wavering walk straighten out a bit. He was a bit surprised - he had heard Vitruvion speaking, but whatever the white haired man had said had kind of just ended up noise in Nevin’s ears, not something that his brain actually processed. Had they been trying to talk to him?

Oh crimson, what if there was someone else they had been trying to warn Nevin about and he hadn't registered it at all? A long lost sibling of Stare’s or something, and now there were two Kenku to worry about, only this one served an enemy? No, no, there was no way Stare would be this calm if that was the case - she was calm enough to blow a raspberry - at least it sounded like she tried to and where did someone without lips learn to do that? - at someone that Nevin couldn't see clearly.

A flash of magic and a hard wince - that had been a stupid idea. But he knew who it was though, that envy tainted cable belonged to only one person. He shook his head, a motion that sent shivers of pain down his spine.

“She needs to find another, and soon. Dark emotions like that aren't healthy.” His voice was as soft as he could make it, because each word made his headache throb in aggravation. It was only at this point that he realized they weren't going to the front door like he had intended. They were - climbing stairs? “Wh-where?” where were they going?

“To your bed,” Stare said softly to him, clambering up with him. Her eyes glared back at Mer as they passed her. The elf woman paused, then marched up the stairs.

Stare turned Nevin at the corner and made him stop at a door at the top. “That,” she stressed, “Is my room. Come if you need anything. Call if you do. Okay?”

She waited until he gave her some form of an answer.

Oh, she was pointing somewhere, somewhere nearby the stairs. That was - ah, her room. It was hard to think through the splitting pain in his head at this point, but he managed a rough nod. “Your room. Come if you call and need anything. Right.” He didn't think he would be of much help if she did need something, at least not in the near future. But Stare was near and dear to him, and if she needed his help by the Great Flow he would not let a paltry thing like a migraine hold him back.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Thinking the matter sorted he pulled away and leaned heavily against the wall, moving himself along it by feel. He knew the room that he had slept on was nearby, and it had had a rather interesting design carved on the front. While he wasn't really opening his eyes that much, his sense of touch was not making his head scream in agony, so finding his room by feel shouldn't make him want to just curl up in a ball for a bit.

Finding the room and getting inside into some nice, quiet dark seemed like a very, very good proposition to Nevin right about then. After he had recuperated, then he would be able to figure out what was going on more certainly, find out what it was that Vitruvion had - wait, he was here, so the god had probably been saying he was permitted to rest here a bit longer, he doubted Stare would have just intercepted him and brought him upstairs without that individual’s permission. Feeling satisfied about his deduction, Nevin pushed it from his mind, and instead focused on finding the door that he had slept behind… Was it really only just last night? Goodness.

Gently she caught with him, catching her arms back around his, sighing. “You're absolutely ridiculous sometimes you know. You and all men,” she rolled her eyes. “You're like my brother Avin. He would get so drunk on the Wanderer's beer that we needed to carry him home on a stretcher, Akka and I.” A faint smile came to her eyes of that good memory. “Sometimes I miss my family, my brother's more than anything. Ah here we are l.”

They were at an ornate form of door, commonly known as the guest bedroom one, with carvings of the familiar owl in ivy. It was furthest from hers laterally, but she turned him around and pointed in the direction of her room once more, and said, “You go all the way around okay?” before turning him around again.

Carefully she opened the door and supported him inside. She took him as far as she dared, and sort of nudged him the last foot to the bed.

The bed looked so very soft and inviting, and when Stare gave him a nudge, the redhead just slumped forward and collapsed onto the bed, like a puppet with its strings cut. He let out a long, deep breath into the folds of the duvet, his body almost visibly deflating as he forced his body to relax. There was a pause, and then he rolled his head to one side, just enough that his face wasn't buried in the blankets and his mouth was exposed. His voice was soft as he spoke, and there was a strange tone to it.

“So I'm like your brother? I think.. I think I would have liked having a sister like you.” He seemed a bit unsure about that though, like there was something about the statement that bothered him. When he spoke again it was almost entirely to himself, so soft that it might have easily been missed.

“Did… Did I have a sister?” that was odd. He hadn't thought about it before, but he couldn't remember what his family was like. He remembered Salvar, remembered it being so cold, remembered wanting to be an Alchemist… So why couldn't he remember his parent’s faces? Or if he had a sister or not? Wasn't that kind of thing incredibly important?

He tried to turn his head more towards Stare, but - but moving, actually moving to look in another direction, made his headache fiercely and he gave that up for a lost cause quickly. “Family is important. But friends can be the family you choose, right?” Unfortunately, whether or not Stare replied to him - or had even heard him - was lost to Nevin, as his body finally got fed up with him and shut him down, making him pass out on the bed.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Stare let herself smile a little and nod as she turned. “I don't know,” she admitted. “My family is all dead, and I've never had friends until I came to this city. I'll see you later, Nevin.”

Then quietly, she slipped out, satisfied to hear the soft sound of his sleeping. She crept out and left the area of the balcony, peering down at the bright lights that still spoke of the house's life. It was late, that was clear, hours had passed really since they had been back. Nevin knew that Vitruvion was a god - Stare honestly didn't know if that was a good or a bad thing, but at least for now, it was just a fact. Also there was confirmation now of what Raevin had begun in her mind some time ago - that idea of Vitruvion actually trusting her on an instinctive level and now building up forms of trust, so passionately and possessively, but in a way that she could only learn to live with.
    She heard slightly tense voices, and could only imagine the discussion Mer and he were having. Inwardly, she smiled, then continued onwards to her room, where she undressed to her under tunic, paused, then left herself just in her simple loin cloth. Nevin wouldn't even notice the fact she was naked on top if he needed to come in - nobody did with a kenku. Most were surprised there was actual breasts there at all, beneath the wild plumage. Easing her way down in between her covers she settled in for a quiet start of the night at least, entirely forgetting that Vitruvion had asked to speak to her afterwards.

Around half an hour later the door slipped open. Barely had she begun her sleep, and she started awake with a gasp. “Nevin!” she assumed, “Give me a second, I-”

“Move up,” came the soft voice.

She paused and drew around to stare right in his eyes. “Oh,” she whispered, gazing at the white haired man with utter surprise.

He waved a hand, hissing at her. “You are currently taking a large portion of the bed.”

“It is my bed,” she made her point.

“That I pay for,” he countered, and he bent down to unlace his boots. When she didn't move he looked right at her, brow rising. “Stare?”

He trusts you on an instinctive level. Deeper that you or he understand.

“Yeah,” she huffed and wriggled over, offering half of it up.

She was disgruntled by it, but his habit of crawling into her bed on nights where something of especial sensitivity had occurred was already preset. Begrudgingly, she knew she could not exactly refuse, and waited until the shirtless but trousered form slipped in behind her. A slight pause, then arms pulled around her form, tugging at her until she gave in and worked her way over.

“You seriously need to get yourself a girlfriend,” she muttered.

“No one would be good enough,” he whispered and curled against her. A small smile came to his lips. “You can sleep now.”

“Thanks, my lord,” she sarcastically said.

And that was all. The only thing to happen in the morning to bring new excitement was the entrance of a woman with hair the colour of a summer harvest. Exceptionally beautiful, gracious, and graceful, she asked the whereabouts of the red head staying in the house. Information got, she marched up to the first floor, and threw open the door. Then, she came close to the bed and folded her arms, waiting for him to wake up on his own.

It wouldn't be that long.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin stirred because he felt someone watching him. He cracked open his eyes, testing whether or not opening them sent pain spiking through his head. To his enormous relief, it did not. So, with sight restored to him without causing pain, the Alchemist looked around the room slowly. He didn't think it was Stare - he would have shook him if she needed him awake for something. And she hadn't called for him that he knew of, so he didn't think she had needed him at some point. So who was -

A tall, stunning blonde was staring at him, literally from beside the bed, and far closer than he would have thought was proper. When she realized he was awake, a smile curved across her full lips, and she slowly leaned onto the bed, resting her weight on one hand. Nevin’s eyes widened.

“So, I hear you've learned of a certain little secret.” Oh thick Crimson, this was Ventrua, wasn't it. “Now I'm sure my brother has already addressed the need for you to keep it quiet.” her other hand landed on the bed, and she leaned over, giving the reposing alchemist a clear view down her low-cut blouse. “But I find myself wondering…” Her eyes flicked down, and Nevin got the distinct feeling that she was sizing him up.

“I find myself wondering if there is anything I might do to help convince you to keep quiet.” As she spoke she crawled onto the bed, and Nevin found himself unable to move - he was till in the process of waking up and his body wasn't responding properly. Well, one part was, and he didn't want that to be what she noticed. If she hadn't already. A strange, chilly tingle ran across his skin as she brushed a hand along his leg.

“I-i-i-” She grinned at his stammering. He felt slender fingers trail up the inside of his leg and she brushed her fingertips against him, and he wanted to squirm away as he blushed profusely.

“Oh, he never told me you were the shy type. Don't worry, I'll be sure to take good care of you.” Her voice was a throaty drawl and felt like honey trickling into his ears, smooth and rich. “Look at this, you've got all this tension built up, how about you just lay there like a good little boy and let me do just that.”

“I have a girlfriend - I think- please stop.” Her lips just stretched wider, and she crawled forward, one hand on either side of his head now as she stared down at him. One of her legs traveled up between his and pressed against him, and he felt more of that strange tingling running through his body.

“She doesn't have to know sugar. If you keep his little secret, this can be ours…” With that soft whisper against his ear, she began to lean over, her lips traveling towards his.

Oh sweet crimson am I about to be raped?? Nevin tried to move away, tried to push her back, but he felt sluggish and his body refused to respond to his actions beyond a stiffening in his pants. Which was not helpful for him.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    BAM!

The blonde beauty, halfway across stretching over the body of the poor red-haired human, looked back suddenly, her gloriously golden hair cascading like a rainfall down over the body beneath her. A look of annoyance came over her features and her lip curled as she began to lean back.

“My dear brother,” she sang, in her sweet seductive tones still. “How nice of you to-”

And suddenly there was marching. Thuds of fury, firm footsteps over the ground, and a deep growl echoing in a throat. Ventrua moved, revealing to Nevin the white-haired figure of the god striding with pure purpose and a flood of fury within his eyes, but with a glare only on her.

“Ventrua!” he hissed, in a voice that could make bold kings faint from fear, “How dare you-”

She let out a gasp, now pushing herself off Nevin. “Brother, how dare you-”

Suddenly she was grabbed, a pale hand appearing around her shoulder. It tensed, yanked, then pulled her entirely off the bed. She let out a fake yelp of pain before he threw her to the side with strength that would usually a crumple. But she was still smiling as she thumped into the wall, a smile that was growing.

“Brother, I was having so much fun …”

Vitruvion curled a hand into a fist, a finger pointing at Nevin. “That,” he spat, “You can very much define as 'mine,’ Ventrua. You are not to touch him again, do you hear?”

Nevin spoke up, his voice thick and groggy. “N-not yours, I'm indepen-” his eyes shot to Ventrua’ s form. “No no I take it back sure yes I'm yours just keep her away!” Even if his body really did not want her away. Vitruvion's mouth twitched with a smile.

Ventrua let out a pitiful moan, as she pouted pathetically and began to fakely brush herself down. “But Vitruvion …

“I think you heard him enough, sister, now unless you really want to actually try. Again?” His blue eyes lit with a universe of fires, lips curling higher into a smile and fist beginning to tighten, the air around it shimmering …

“You spoil everything!” Ventrua shouted back, before she pushed away from the wall. And she had flipped. Her light, playful mood was gone, her eyes were full of irritation. Throwing a “tsk” in the air she didn't throw Nevin one last look before she flipped Vitruvion a bird, and twisted. She marched out of the door, head held high and golden hair swimming out behind her. Still enchanting, still …

Vitruvion stood there for a while, staring at her. His fist slowly untensed, and he took in a long breath. One eye narrowing he watched her move away, then shook his head, letting out a sigh. He turned to the door.

“Stare?”

A very sleepy looking kenku shuffled into view, wrapped in a blanket and looking honestly confused. In her hand she had a white shirt, and a pair of black boots that she dragged along the ground. Her exhausted eyes looked bemused from Vitruvion to Nevin, whom the god still had not looked at.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “You left … these. What did she try to do now?”

“Take care of him, I have my sister to deal with,” Vitruvion spat, before he turned and marched out, swooping to grab the items from her hand. She gave them up willingly, and blinked from him as he left, then back to Nevin.

She rubbed her leg, pulling the blanket tighter around her. “… You alright?”

Nevin slowly, laboriously, swung his head towards his friend. His eyes were still a little glassy but life seemed to be coming back into him. His lips parted and he tried to speak, but it just came out as a groan before he squeezed his eyes shut.

“That is a very dangerous woman. I'm glad you two showed up when you did.” whatever she had done to him - and Nevin was familiar enough with his own body to know that she had most definitely done *something* to him - was fading, but slowly. The sluggishness - maybe a weak sedative effect, while his other problem was an aphrodisiac? But how…?

“Does… she have a way of magically putting drugs into a person’s system?” As he said that, he realized that this might draw the kenku’s attention exactly where he did not want it to be. He prayed that she didn't think to look as he hurriedly pressed on with speaking, trying to distract her.

“I think it is either that or some kind of numbing drug, I'm having trouble moving but it is fading. Ah - the headache from last night is gone, thankfully.”

Stare awkwardly nodded, and tried not to but she ended up yawning as she listened, her great beak splitting and gaping. She twisted to the side as she did so he did not have to be subject to the worst of her gullet. “Oh excuse me …” she closed her mouth and then looked still sleepy at Nevin.

“Yeah Ventrua has a hypnosis … drowsiness thing. Thankfully doesn't work on me because of,” she waved a hand at the door, “Yeah but I've heard its a bitch. It should fade in a bit. She shouldn't do it to you again. But glad the headache is gone.” Blinking a few times she hugged the blanket, then began to shuffle over. “Vit just got out of bed and shot out the room and I was like, 'what,’ and yeah.” She paused. “Oh and the 'mine’ thing. That's just a thing between them. Everyone is either Vitruvion's or Ventrua’s … you honestly get used to it. You don't need to worry about it too too …” she sat at the end of the bed and stifled another yawn. “Much. You need anything?”

Nevin clamped his mouth shut on his immediate reaction to that question. This should subside when the drowsiness did too, at least he hoped so. Not something to bother Stare with. Not something he WOULD bother Stare with. Nope. He shook his head.

“Guess I'll have to keep that I'm independent quiet around her. At least Vitruvion doesn't try to molest me.” He tried to give a weak grin. “Not even that I have a girlfriend slowed her down. Terrifying woman when she has her eyes set on something.” he tried to sit up, but his arms were still heavy, leaden by whatever she had done to him. But it was fading, he could feel his muscles smoothing out.

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Stare’s brow rose when she heard the word 'girlfriend’. Nevin had … he had … what? She blinked and stared at him as he went on, as confused as hell why this hadn't come up already. Then it struck her that they had been dealing with demons and a bloody church and the fact Vitruvion was a god …

“No, I don't think I do. But it looks like you need more sleep, Stare. You should head back to bed. I should be able to keep her at bay if she decides to try sneaking back. Don't think she will though.” Nevin didn't know though, if she did come back, if he would be able to resist her. Maybe if he knew more about where things stood with a certain blue-haired girl he'd be able to resist, but.. Ventrua hadn't been wrong when she said he had some tension built up. “Is something on your mind?” Stare was looking at him strangely, and didn't even twitch when he said she should go back to bed.

“... Girlfriend?” Nevin blinked and went back over what he had said. Ah, whoops. He rubbed the back of his head, wincing when he realized he hadn't undone his ponytail when he went to sleep. Or rather when he passed out. He busied his hands with pulling that out and fixing up his hair a bit as he carefully looked away from those wide, unblinking eyes.

“It, ah, isn't certain. She's an interesting one. I'd wonder if she had some relation to you if she wasn't a cat-woman - she saw my soul too, right away. Saw that it was too. Doesn't care though.” His tone was strange, like he wasn't sure what to feel about the situation.

Stare's eyes widened. “Cat girl? So that wasn’t your wife but just girlfriend at the castle? Ezra said there was rumours, but wasn’t sure ...” She was suddenly awake now, definitely. She had perked up, interested, or not knowing what to think. Then she paused. “Wait soul did you say? She didn't seem the soul type. Huh. Did she see your soul scar?” Her head tilted, a myriad of questions and wonderings coming to her mind. Downstairs she was vaguely made aware of a tense argument going on between the two children of Ansaldo in the front room, the smallest of the three reception rooms in the house (the drawing room did not count).

“Wha- do you mean Rainee? No, Ezra was just confused by rumors in town. And no, I don't mean Rainee. Her name is Eteri.” Nevin had to let out a soft chuckle at the thought of Rainee as his girlfriend. She was nice enough, but with the anger she had towards the stranger who had, admittedly rather rudely, propositioned her, Nevin did not think Rainee would be interested in a relationship with anyone just yet. He coughed, and managed to sit up properly, and slowly rubbed his face with one hand.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “And I don't know if she actually likes me, or if it is just a trait of nekojin to have about zero percent respect for other people’s personal space. I also don't know how I feel about her - she was nice enough, a bit flighty though. But I'm not used to actually, well, feeling for someone outside of friendship. Last time it happened, I bottled it up and it has mostly faded by now.” He was glad he had kept rubbing his face, his slow movements giving him an excuse not to have his eyes open so he wouldn't inadvertently look at Stare as he said that.

“And she saw more than my scarred soul. She was able to see I had two souls, poorly merged together. She tried asking for part of my soul, but - well, I'm glad I didn't let her. Not sure how I would have handled that power surge if I had given her a part.” Nevin shrugged, a slow rolling movement. “So maybe my attempt at defending myself from Ventrua was as specuous as Vitruvion defending me.” And for a moment, Nevin wished the two had been a little later. He tried not to let that thought show.

Stare blinked. “Wait, wait, wait.” She held up a hand. “Don't … don't ramble like that … You said Eteri right? Blue hair, doesn't speak tradespeak that great. Does know Akashiman though …” She sighed. “You met her in Radasanth I'm guessing. You're going out with her. We've met.” Then she huffed and remembered herself back then, the recent weeks, days even, after she had just begun her employment under Vitruvion with the knowledge that he was her god. So long ago now … it seemed. She shook herself. “And yes, souls, sorry, scar thing that leads to your other little soul.”

She looked down at her body and realised she was still in the blanket. “I should probably change. I actually have nothing but my undergarments beneath this.” She blinked. “Well and my feathers.”

Nevin blinked once, and looked at her, towards the areas covered by the blanket, then looked away rapidly. Well that was … a thing. He nodded rapidly. “Yes, all correct. Sorry, I think whatever she tried on me scrambled my head up a bit.” Actually, it was almost certain that the aphrodisiac was lingering in his system, or else he would not have wondered what sounds she might make if - he shoved that thought down, hard, shoving it into a lockbox that quite clearly belonged at the bottom of an ocean. Instead of saying that, he gave her a strained smile.

“Probably should at that, yes. Wearing too few clothes around an unrelated man leads to trouble, you know.” He gave a weak grin, showing that he was joking. “And I should get up and get my head sorted. Need to remind myself not to overuse that power until I’m used to it - crippling migraines are not pleasant in the least bit.” He shook his head, and was very glad that the motion no longer caused intense spikes of pain to run through him. He slowly pushed himself up, glad that he could at least stand now without it taking an eternity. He paused and turned away from Stare when he realized that enough of the aphrodisiac was still in his system that he had a bit of an obvious tent in the front of his trousers. He cleared his throat loudly.

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    “And I should probably get changed myself. I know I brought enough clothes for the journey to take longer, but these have gotten a bit messed up by now. If you could?” With a blush dancing on his cheeks, he nodded towards the door. And was so very glad that Stare hadn’t bothered checking with her aura sight so far. “Please?”

The crow head tilted, going on its side in a animalistic fashion of curiosity, before she nodded a little, tip of the beak lowering just a tad. It was then that she saw what he was badly trying to cover up, and her eyes went massive. Quickly she stood up, joining it partly with his avoided looks before and the pleasure she saw before when she had touched his tendrils. She jolted. Definitely time to leave him alone.

“I'm not free to … at all. I can't ever ... okay I'm going, I'll see you in the dining room. Um …” she gestured blindly out the door, trying to not look anywhere but his eyes. “Bathroom is across the way, around the stairs.”

Twisting around quickly she exited, realising what an idiot she was for not thinking. Not realising. Nevin? He was her friend, never anything more. She had known a long time ago that she'd be romantically alone all her life. Vitruvion was both her god, her employer … and her master. Damn that last one.

She went to her room and began to run the hottest bath she dared.

Nevin meanwhile threw himself into the coldest shower he could stand, only turning up the heat even slightly long after he had cooled off. He thumped his head against the wall several times as the icy needles of water beat against his skin, forcing his blood flow back to normal.

He blamed all of this on Ventrua. If she hadn't come in and riled him up, then he wouldn't have thought about Stare that way. Or least he didn't think he would. He hadn't thought about thy in some time, trying to categorize Stare as family in his mind. That idea if emotions should have been tucked away never to see the light of day again. At least, that was the case until she sat on ‘his’ bed bed with only a blanket and undergarments on.

He shoved the shower even colder. He had seen the love, the connections between Stare and Vitruvion. His and Stare’s bond was strong, sure, but nothing like the network of sturdy chains that joined the two of them. As the freezing water washed across him Nevin let out a long, drawn out sigh.

“Sister. Just, sister. She might be of a different race, but just think of her as your sister and it will be fine.” Finally he had calmed down enough - read, he was just this side of suffering frostbite- to climb out safely. He shook out his hair, grunting in annoyance when he realized he couldn't tie it up right now, it needed to dry. Frustrating. So he let the short fall of just past shoulder length hair hang free as he began pulling on clothes shaking his head as they clung to his still damp skin.

“Alright. Showered, calmed down, and dressed in clean clothes. I can face the day now, even if that temptress tries making another move. Which would be unwise of her but hey. OK, say goodbye to Stare and Vitruvion, then leave. I can do this much without incident, right?” With that rather unhelpful self pep talk, Nevin picked up his pack and headed out, aiming for downstairs. With everyone awake, and just so at that, they were probably getting food.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    When he got down Stare was already there, filling two plates with items from the series of platters on the table. Vitruvion was now more clothed, his eyes fixed on a newspaper as Ventrua lounged to his right, her arms folded and not looking at him. It was clear their argument had ended in someone winning. With a fabulous purse of her lips Ventrua had her attention on the portraits that bordered the room, looking at them silently as Stare filled up the plates. She blinked but did not look as Nevin entered the room, but rather refused to do anything else but the paintings of her brother through his life.

Delicately Stare slid Vitruvion's plate in front of him, and got a single glance from Ventrua. They had a silent staring contest until Vitruvion, still not looking up, shook his head, and said, “No, Stare. You’re mine only.” And Stare then sat down with her own plate.

Nevin coughed and did his best to avoid looking in Ventrua’s direction. He failed. As he walked towards where Stare and Vitruvion were, his eyes kept sliding over to where the blonde was seated, her arms folded under her ample bust. Suddenly, Ventrua’s eyes snapped towards him and a devious smirk stretched those full lips. She lifted her arms for a moment, before leaning back, stretching her arms out behind her and emphasizing her curves with a slight wiggle.

“Oh? It looks like the cute little shy boy does want to play?” Nevin felt a blush shoot up his face. He was not going to get himself back into that barrel of trouble, no, not even if those lips did look perfect for -

“Ventrua!” A hard, cold voice snapped from Vitruvion, who had leveled a glare at her. Ventrua stared at Nevin a moment longer, let her eye on the far side from Vitruvion drop into a wink, then she hugged and folded her arms across her chest and went back to glaring at the portraits.

“No fun…” She mumbled under her breath with an angry pout on her lips. Nevin was now focusing solely on the white haired god, and specifically not looking at the half sister.

“Alchemist, do you need something?” Nevin hesitated a moment before shaking his head sharply.

“Not at all, Sir Elssmith. I just came to let you and Stare know I would be returning to Radasanth. I thank you for your hospitality these last couple days.” He bowed, then turned his head to Stare.

“Stare, it was wonderful seeing you again. Do try to come by when you can, I know you're going to be busy though.” Against his better judgment, he switched his gaze to Ventrua, and swallowed a bit when he saw that that husky gaze was back on him. “Miss Ventrua, it was.. An experience to meet you.” Despite himself, Nevin smiled slightly, remembering when he had said nearly the exact same thing to Vitruvion the first time they had met.

A member of the NevCrew: