Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,998

GP

Name
    :D
    Race
    Half-elf

Is She Furreal? (Open to Eteri)

The sun was starting to rise, Ven noted. Had that much time passed already? He needed to get moving. Ven pushed himself up with some effort, then started to move. Taking one step after another, moving through whatever pain he had, he headed for Archie’s. And what pain he had. To put it into perspective, it would be easier to ask what didn’t hurt. A gash across his leg, singed or burnt skin in several places, his eyes stinging and sensitive, bruises all over, and probably a cracked rib. Those were just what he knew about too.

In short, he was not comfortable, but he was alive. And not only alive, he was ALIVE! Oh yeah he felt terrible physically, but he couldn’t claim that he wasn’t satisfied. Action, adventure, high stakes, barely escaping with his life, he probably had enough adrenaline pumping through him to last a normal person a lifetime.

Which meant two weeks Ven time, give or take.

Ven paused for a second, checking if anyone was around before opening is satchel. Inside it, wrapped in cloth, was the dagger that he was hired to steal. Good, he still had it. Small mercies. If he lost it now…

Well he didn’t want to think about it. He had it, and that was all that mattered.

So step after step, Ven moved, slowly and carefully. Hours went by, and by the time he got near Archie’s, people were already up and about their day.

'Just a few more steps', Ven thought to himself. He was almost there. Archie’s shop. Good old shop. Run down, and musty, with lots of blue in his window… Wait what?

Ven did a double take,blinking a few times, not trusting his eyes. He blinked a few times, so his eyes could focus better on what was in front of him.

Ven blinked again, confirming what he saw, then asked, “Blue-bell?”
    Oh look, another generic signature

Fun stuff
    - Cupcake box: here

EXP: 15,383, Level: 5
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 4,617
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I shuffled and yawned, the sun was nice. So nice....

I sat in the nook of Barchies window. He had been really nice, after my business with the witch girl who had one arm Aislynn I found a strange woman named Madison. She had a bookstore! She also had the strangest chunk of soul I had ever seen. It was like it was almost sentient. It was bright and red very angry and it was now mine. It was like it was yesterday (it may well have been yesterday) She practically gave it to me! What an idiot! I snipped it off her easily enough but instead of putting it in a vial it whipped out at me with gross tentacle like appendages and bore itself into my chest. It felt angry and heavy and sometimes at night when I slept I swear I could hear whispers in the night.

It made me sleepy, more so than usual, and that said something. A yawned long, opening my mouth wide, pointed canines glistening in the sun.

"Bluebell!?"

The voice called out, shocked. I lazily opened one eye, an ear flicking casually as I tried to focus on the figure. Blue...a visage of blue and...and... I shot up. "Venn!" It had been a while since I last saw him, and seeing his white tuft of hair and pressed (albeit scruffier than usual) blue suit. I grinned and waved my butt, tail flicking side to side as I readied myself. "Venn!" I cried out again as I launched myself at him.

"No, Bluebell wai-!

There was no waiting when hugs were involved. He braced himself and swore in multiple languages including Akashimian. I felt him shudder beneath my iron-like grip. I rubbed the top of my head against his collarbone, giving a happy purr as he tentatively wrapped his arms around me, offering me a weak embrace. "Venn!" I pulled away, grinning.

He offered me a pained smile as he attempted to straighten himself. "What's new blue-bell? Why are you here?"

"Barchie helping!" I said. "Eteri found good place for naps. He feed Eteri, Eteri help Barchie too."

Venn winced again as he took a step forward, he seemed to be limping. Come to think of it...my nose wrinkled, "I smell blood, is you ok?"
    Last edited by Eteri; 08-02-2017 at 08:07 AM.

EXP: 3,002, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next Level: 1,998

GP

Name
    Race
    Half-elf
    Ven laughed, despite the pain. Yeah, there was no question, this was definitely Eteri. His eyes still had trouble focusing, so most of his vision was still a blur, yet he had no doubt that this was her. Who else was wore blue and was this energetic? From her voice to her actions, everything screamed Eteri.

And for that he was thankful. He needed a friendly face, and Eteri definitely fit the bill. Archie too, but he was still an old fart. Eteri was his friend acquaintance partner kindred spirit of fun. It was nice to see- err mostly see her.

And when she tackle hugged him? Already water under the bridge, the pain he was feeling notwithstanding.

When Ven was finished, he smiled brightly and responded, “Noticed that now did ya? Well I have a story to tell, as I’m sure you do. Very exciting, and I can assure you I was absolutely amazing. A few hiccups, a bit of pain, but I came out on top like the fantastic person I am.”

Ven then looked at the door of the shop, then back at Eteri. “Well, we can exchange details in a bit. I’m going to get a room an inn nearby and we’ll be able to talk there. But first, I have to see Archie.

Eteri smiled back in response, then exclaimed loudly, “Okay! Venn talk to Barchie, then we go talk because I have lots to say!”

Ven, in Akashimian, responded, “Well then, let’s move on.” He then opened the door to Archie’s shop and hobbled in with Eteri following close behind.

Archie was at the counter, deep into a book, however the arrival of the blue loving duo snapped him out of his stupor. Archie froze as he saw Ven in front of him?

“Ven? You’re alive? Thanks be! After the reports i’ve received… Well I could only assume the worse,” said the old man. A moment later, he quickly asked, “What did you do?”

Ven blinked, then smirked. “What do you mean what did I do? What could make you think that I could have done anything?”

Archie deadpanned. “You’re a trouble magnet.”

Still smirking, Ven shot back, “And?”

“Silver Scales is now nothing but a burning ruin.”

“Old buildings are flammable. How does that link to me?”

“You were there.”

“That is true.”

“You also are injured and look like shit-”

“Hey, that’s not nice!”

“Ven! What happened?” Archie demanded.

Ven chuckled. “Ok, well first off, after our little conversation, I went to check the place out. It has gone down the drain I tell you. Anyway, nothing of interest happened for a long time. I would know because I was in a tree and was watching it.”

Archie blinked, then gave a frustrated sigh. “A tree… You were in a tree waiting… Ok…”

Ven nodded and continued on. “Yes, a very good tree. So I waited forever, but no one was showing up. But then they did. Sneaky bastard. So I climb to the roof all quiet like and look in. Big meeting, about 15 people. Talking about money and secret tunnels and blah blah blah. Then Mr. leader opens a box that they had on the table, and the dagger was there. Shiny too. Obviously the one. So move closer, but the roof didn’t agree with me and broke. Then I fell.”

“You fell into the meeting?” Archie whisper yelled.

Again, Ven nodded. “Yeah, it hurt. But I got up quickly, They pulled out their weapons and told me to get on my knees. But I wasn’t their mother last night, and I said so, and they didn’t take kindly to that. So they come at me, doors are blocked, I got to fight. So I do. Ven no good against big group fight. They did the hurts on me. So I did the only thing I could do,I went for the dagger. They were all like ‘No, stop him!’, but I was fast. I grabbed it, and it got all glowy and stuff, and I started to hurt more. I no likey and threw it at a man, then big boom. Then I died.”

Archie blinked. “You died?”

Ven paused to think for a second. “Or maybe it was everyone else died. Had a crazy dream. But I woke up and walked, And now I’m here.” Ven then nodded once again. “Yeah, that’s how it went down more or less. Oh, and before I forget,” Ven pulled out the dagger from his satchel, holding it by the cloth he wrapped it in and placing it on the counter. “Here you go!”

Ven then turned around and started to walk away. “Bye Archie, I’ll be back soon.”

Archie could only stare at the dagger as he tried to process what the hell just happened.

Fun stuff

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I followed Venn into Barchie's store, humming happily to myself, I mean... sure Venn was hurt, but I didn't think anything of it. He still smiled and he still smelt mostly like Venn. His eyes still twinkled and his hands were still all nice and warm and gave me the fuzzy feelings. I was happy to see him again.

Barchie seemed shocked that Ven was not only here but alive, I furrowed my brows. Was he in more trouble than he let on? He seemed fine now. I stepped in beside him and gave both him and the older man a curious look. The two continued to exchange words, Venn offering amusing remarks to Barchie's questions, I grinned.

Venn was an interesting fellow. The conversation shifted to a darker note, Venn said he had died, but he was still perfectly fine. The bemused smile on my face faltered. He was still fine I was happy that he was, why wouldn't he be? His soul burned with a mischievous and chaotic energy and brightness. It wouldn't surprise me that someone like that could come back from the dead 'just because'.

If only it were that easy for me...

I felt a pang of jealousy and melonchony tug at me, all in the one turbulent ball. Then, there was a thought, it almost didn't feel like my own. If he has such a good soul, why not just take it. I can do that. It unnerved me, such a thought never came to surface like that before. I mean, they had..but it didn't feel so dark. I shook my head. That was stupid! I liked Venn, I wouldn't touch his soul without his permission.

I felt a sudden tug on my hand, and Venn was leading me out of Barchie's store. I blinked, surprised. "O-Oh!" I turned over at the old man and gave him a wave. "Be seeing soon!" I called out with a smile. Whatever I felt, it trickled away as we walked hand in hand toward the Inn. I didn't mind the contact, it felt nice. "We go get room now?"

Venn glanced over at her, "Yeh. I need rest."

"Oh oh!" I said happily, "Like naps. Can I nap on bed too?"

His face turned a funny shade of red, he didn't reply straight away. His eyes glanced at her, then down her form then up to the sky. Then away to the distance. What was he doing?

"Y-Yeh. That's fine." Ven said.

We continued exchanging small banter as we headed toward the inn, Venn got us a room and he was now sitting in bed, propped up by pillows, his form under the bed covers. "So Eteri... what did you do since we last saw each other?" He asked.

I told him how I met up with the one warmed witch lady, Aislynn and how she was angry that I had taken a sliver of Taka's soul. I spoke about how concerned she was that we went to some place in Salvar called the 'Inner Sanctum' and scolded me for leaving her friend there. I quickly shifted to the next topic, the next big thing. How I met a librarian named Madison. How we made a deal and I got a piece of soul out of it. I even went into detail about how angry and strange the soul piece was and how it bore itself into my chest.

"It...feels strange, I always want to the owning of the soul but this feels empty still." I said, finishing the story as I pat my chest, shifting myself to sit comfortably at the foot of his bed.

"You always go on about souls and how you don't have one. Did you want one?"

I nodded and tried to tell him what it was like. Feeling frustrated I couldn't articulate my words in Tradespeak I switched to Akashimian. Venn seemed to understand it, and even speak it just fine. I took a deep breath.

<"It's...an empty feeling Venn, not having a soul. It's like there is nothing there inside of me, I know I exist. I am Eteri Yoko, and I love who I am but...it's sorta lonely. I'm also afraid of what will happen when I die..."> I twiddled my fingers, shifting my gaze down. I was never good at articulating words, or feelings...or anything for that matter. My older sister was far better at that than I ever was. She was always so good at pinning down what I was trying to say. As much as I didn't like her boring ways, I wished she was here with her angry smirk and pointed eyebrows...just so she could slap me across the head and tell the man what I was trying to say. <"I believe we don't die...not completely. We are still there, our souls are, but if I die. There is nothing there. I will cease to exist, and that's scary."> I gave an awkward laugh as I reached out to scratch the back of my head, glancing away from him.

<"It's why I am searching for people with bright souls. If I take tiny slivers off them... eventually I can make my own. Then maybe, just maybe...it won't be so empty, and I won't have to be so afraid anymore.">

Silence filled the room and it made me uncomfortable, I hated silence. My ears fell flat against my head and I pursed my lips. Venn wasn't talking, he shifted his gaze away from me, a thoughtful look upon his angular face. Did what I say bother him? I didn't want to loose his company. It felt like he understood me, that he understood the way my brain worked, and how erratic I was. I didn't want that to slip through my fingers just because I let my emotions get the better of me.

Suddenly I burst out into forced laughter. "BAHAHAHAHAHA!" I pointed at him. "Look at you face!" I said, switching back to Tradespeak. "So serious!" I said with a pout before reaching out and giving him a light slap on his back. He winced in pain. "You thought Eteri being serious! I joke. I joke!" I reiterated. It was better this way. Light-hearted Eteri, the carefree blue haired catgirl. She had no worries. No fears about death, and didn't care that she didn't have a soul.

I forced a smile, "When you is done the rest, want to adventure fun?" My ears perked up slightly but my tail remained flat and motionless against the covers, aside from the small twitch here and there.

Yeh.

It was better this way.

GP

Name
    Race
    Half-elf
    When Ven asked about why Eteri wanted a soul, he never expected to get a serious answer. Truth be told, before this, Ven didn’t believe anything she was saying about souls, but he humoured her because she was excellent company and great for conversation. Even right now, he didn’t really believe her.

A soul to him was merely just a concept, and thinking about a potential afterlife is dreary. Spending eternity in paradise or torment? How boring! He would rather be living and having fun thank you very much!

Still, even if he didn’t believe, this conversation showed that Etei did. Seeing this of side of Eteri was new, and normally he would be pushed away by this. Normally. Yet, Eteri was… She was complicated. She was a friend that not quite a friend, but more than acquaintance. Regardless, he genuinely like her, and that is what caused him to to think about how he could help.

Eteri noticed him acting thinking and immediately tried to pass it off as a joke. She did a good job too, and he probably would have been fooled too if it were not for one thing, or if you looked at it a certain way, two things that synergized to created a whole.

First, Ven had an eidetic memory. Second, Ven was focused. Combined, Ven was able to recall all his past conversations with Eteri in an instant, and this allowed him to figure out that Eteri was not being genuine in her claim that it was all a joke.

However, the moment of seriousness had passed, and Ven once again had a sore back (Gods damn it Eteri, that hurt). Eteri had already changed the subject, asking "When you is done the rest, want to adventure fun?"

Ven relented, and gave a small smile. “Sure Blue-bell, we can go have fun after. Though nothing too exciting. If I get stuck in bed for a week for having too much fun,I think I would go crazy.” He then gave a yawn, then moved slightly to make himself more comfortable.

“Sleep well,” he said quietly before closing his eyes. Before he knew it, he was out cold.

~~~

A flat grassland, stretching endlessly in every direction. No trees, flowers, water, or sign of life marked this landscape. The sky was was also completely obscured by light grey clouds, with no blue being seen anywhere.

Ven blinked, looking around a few times, taking it in silently. One he turned around, there was a shadowy, humanoid, figure in front of him, mere inches from his person. Ven jumped back in surprise, giving a small yell as to being caught unaware.

The figure, avoid of any features that could identify it, cocked his head.

Then, from all around him, Ven heard, “Interesting.”

~~~

When Ven came to, the first thing that he noticed was a warmth next to him. Ven cracked an eye open. Eteri was still there.

Fun stuff

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    Venn fell asleep before I did, which normally would have been unusual, but I was not in a very Eteri-Like mood. I watched him sleep, his chest slowly rising up and down, not a care in the world. It was how I normally was. Today... today was just an off day. I'd go to sleep and wake up and be perfectly Eteri again. No serious talks, no worries about the soul, no nothing. Just spontaneous fun.

So why? Why did my cheeks feel so wet? Why was my body shaking? Why was I crying?

I sniffled quietly, and wiped my face on my sleeve. Dammit. He didn't believe a word I said. He barely said a word on the subject, and just rolled over to sleep. It was a little off putting, did he really not believe in souls? It was rare to find someone so ignorant like that on Althanas. Or... perhaps it was just normal for me, since I had worked with them my entire life. What did it matter? He didn't care about such serious things. He was Venex. He was Venn. He was the funny man in a blue tailcoat, nothing more, nothing less.

I wiped the last of my tears away and began to regain my composure.

If he doesn't believe in the soul, why not take it?

The thought came to the forefront of my mind, and I had to admit..it was tempting. I crawled over to Venn and hovered over his sleeping form. Blinking I could now see his soul, still a myriad of chaotic colours, the tinges of red had grown, but it was not surprising considering his story. I reached down with a clawed hand and gave a small tug, it lifted, still attached from his body. It'd be so easy to take.

So easy...

But something didn't feel right. I lowered my hand and sighed. No. I couldn't do it. I shifted next to him. It'd be best to just sleep. I shifted closer to his sleeping form, wanting the warmth and grabbed hold of his arm, tightly wrapping my upper half around it.

It took a long time, but my consciousness finally faded to black, and I slept, and the whispers came through a dreamless sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morning came and the suns rays hit my face like a giant boulder. I groaned. I didn't sleep well that night. I shifted, rolling into Venn. <"No...five more minutes...five more hours...."> I grumbled in Akashimian. It wasn't till I felt Venn shift that I finally sat up straight, I arched my back with a wide yawn. Tail flicking side to side.

"G'morning.... " I muttered sleepily, rubbing my eyes. "Eteri hungry."
    Last edited by Eteri; 08-07-2017 at 12:19 AM.

GP

Name
    Race
    Half-elf
    Ven blinked, and then slowly moved his arm that was nearest to Eteri out from under the blankets. With little pause, he quickly tapped Eteri on the nose. When he felt skin, Ven blinked again. Eteri looked at him strangely when he did so.

“What you doing Venn?” She asked, adding the extra “n” to his name that he somehow knew she did.

“Huh,” was his intelligent response, not really paying attention to her question. After a few moments, a small smile appeared on his face. “Good morning to you too Eteri.” And he meant that with every fiber of his being.

Waking up with someone else was something that he hadn’t experienced in years, and when he did, it was one of his siblings. To say that he was surprised would be an understatement. A pleasant surprise yes, but still very much in line with a surprise. Well-

It was that at moment that Ven’s stomach growled, putting any and all thoughts on hold. Hunger was the most important thing that must be vanquished with unrelenting determination… And food. Delicious, delicious food…

And Eteri was hungry too (because of course he heard that clearly).

Thus, Ven hastily got out of bed, though regretting it almost immediately as he ended up tripping over himself, the pain and soreness that he had rushing back to him. This ended with a half-naked Ven face planting into the floor, groaning.

He then pushed himself up, wincing again, but said nothing about it, then proceeded to put on his coat, not bothering with putting on the rest of his clothes for now. He buttoned it up so he would look halfway presentable, then turned to Eteri and asked, “Well, are you coming? Breakfast should be ready downstairs.”

Eteri’s eye widened, and any tiredness that she had left her almost immediately at the mention of food. After all, free food is best food. “Move fast Venn! Must have eats!”

Ven mearly chuckled, and waited for her to get out of bed so they could head downstairs. When they arrived, they took a seat at an empty table. The bar maid for this morning, a middle aged woman with curly brown hair came by quickly, smiling brightly and full of energy.

“Well hello there dears, can I get you two some breakfast?” She asked happily.

Ven thought for a second, then responded, “Yes please, preferably something with meat.”

The maid nodded, then looked at Eteri. “And anything for your wife?”

Ven started coughing at that, looking at the maid incredulously. "W-Wife? I’m sorry, I think you have the wrong idea. We are not involved in any romantic relation.”

The maid turned her head, giving a look that said she didn’t believe him, then looked back at Eteri. “And for you my dear?”

“Fish!” She responded.

The maid furrowed her brow and said, “We usually don’t serve fish in the morning, but I’ll see what I can do.” She then headed off to the kitchen.

When she left, Ven turned to Eteri, mouthing the word wife. He then shook his head. “Every time. Why does everyone assume we are lovers? People are weird…”
    Last edited by Venex Apara; 08-08-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Fun stuff

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    The elderly woman shortly returned holding a tray with two large ceramic cups, both filled with a strange black liquid that I could smell from here. I scrunched my nose. Ugh. Bitter. She placed one each in front of us, then a bowl filled with tiny white crystalized cubes. I knew what they were... Sugar! I glanced down at them eagerly, then to Venn who gave a half laugh and a smirk. Finally, she placed a container of milk down in front of us. "Your food will be here shortly, Miss... we do have some fish, is there anyway you want us to prepare it?"

I nodded. "No bones please! No like throw up." The woman gave Eteri an alarmed look before she nodded and hobbled off, muttering something more about 'young lovers' the comment caused Venn to redden.

"Really...must she insist on calling us that?" He seemed a little frustrated. I watched, perplexed as he plopped two cubes of sugar into his drink, then poured milk into it till it turned into a creamy brown colour. "What is?" I asked, as I pointed to the drink.

"Coffee. Why do you think people call us lovers, Bluebell?"

I blinked at Venn, not entirely understanding the full meaning behind the word 'lovers' it meant something one really liked. I think...in that case why was it such a weird thing? I lovers lots of things. Things like fish, the shinies. Beautiful souls...even Venn.

I grinned, my tail flicking side to side, "Eteri Love Venn~" I said it with a content earnest. My feelings of melonchony slowly leaving me at the prospect of food, and with the good company.

Venex spluttered on his mug of coffee, he wiped his mouth on his sleeve. Eyes wide. "What did you say?" he asked.

I grinned wider, as I started to mimic him, although I didn't stop at two cubes, I stopped at several. I sloshed the milk messily into the drink, white droplets splashed onto the worn birch tabletop. "Eteri say love Venn."

He coughed a second time and cleared his throat. His cheeks turning a bright red as he shifted his gaze away from me. I tilted my head, feeling confused. "Do you not love Eteri?" I asked in a small pout.

"I...Blue-bell that's a loaded questio-wait...wait...." He held the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger as he shook his head. He took a few deep breaths. "Blue-bell, what do you think love means? You can answer in Akashimian."

I blinked. <"Ah! Did I get the meaning wrong? It means something you enjoy and like. I can love fish and shiny things, and I love you.">

He seemed almost unnerved by the word and shook his head. "Blue-bell. You only say you love someone if you - ah...how do I explain it?"

Yup...he was definitely flustered.

"It's like your favorite thing, but when it comes to people Blue-Bell, you only say that to a person you want to be with forever. Someone you want to have a relationship with. Like a partner, a husband or a wife."

Realization struck me at his words. I felt my own cheeks redden. I didn't see him that way. That way was far too...far too intimate. I could never even fathom being with someone like that! How could I! I knew what that meant. My azure ears fell against equally azure hair. My eyes fell to the table and I squirmed awkwardly in my chair, it was not often I felt embarrassed...but this was one of those times. That poor man! No wonder he got all red.

<"Sharing the entirety of your being with someone. Mind body and soul."> I mumbled. <"I apologise Ven.">

During the awkward exchange the old lady returned, placing a plate of delicately cut fish, cooked lightly in front of me. Lemon had been sliced and placed over it and despite the firey feeling in my cheeks and stomach I couldn't help but salivate at the smell. I didn't look up at what she put in front of Ven. I didn't really want to look at him right now. Gosh..what must he think of me!

I did hear what the lady said. "Are you sure you two aren't together?"

GP

Name
    Race
    Half-elf
    Ven felt many emotions after the misunderstanding was cleared up, but mostly he was relieved. Spending the rest of his life with another person was not something he had thought about since… Well ever. He didn’t need to concern himself with that because love was not something in his future, not when he still had so much to do and see!

“Heh, well it was just a misunderstanding, so no problem,” he said while rubbing the back of his head.

Yeah, didn’t make the situation any less awkward, but nothing he couldn’t handle. Heck, this time tomorrow, they would probably be joking about it. Ven was anything if not adaptable. So when the old lady came by again and tried to confirm they were a couple one last time, he collected himself and looked at her.

“I’m sorry, but no, just two good friends hanging out. Thank you for the food,” he said curtly. This caused the woman to pout, apparently disappointed that she was wrong in her assumption. She then nodded at them and walked away.

Ven breathed a sigh of relief. ‘Easy enough,’ he thought. See, adaptable. He was totally not feeling awkward about this situation still, and anyone else who says otherwise is lying. Obviously.

Ven then looked at Eteri, and he was amused by what he saw. She was bright red, which clashed with her blue hair. At least he wasn’t the only one feeling awkward over this, if hypothetically he was to feel awkward about this (which he is NOT). He also noticed that Eteri was extra focused on her plate of food, not looking at anything else.

That was fine with him as this allowed him to enjoy his own meal. Thus, the pair ate together in silence…

Unfortunately, this silence was not the feels good silence that he sometimes liked, so after a few minutes, he broke the silence. “So... Breakfast is good and… Uhh… Not really what I want to talk about…”

He then sighed, not sure what to say. His eyes then lit up as an idea came to him. “Well as I sign of good faith and to show that something like this in no way impacts our friendship, I offer as much you want. After all… You’re joke last night never did reach the punchline.”

Fun stuff

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I blinked, confused, what did he just say? I rose my eyes to stare at him. What was he offering? I glanced down at his breakfast, a large plate of bacon and scrambled eggs. I mean... it looked nice but I much preferred what I had. "Eteri no need bacon." I said as I picked up the cup of coffee, I bought it to my lips and winced. It was still bitter, even after the several cubes of sugar I put in it. I reached over to the bowl and grabbed a handful of the cubes and dropped them in. They plopped into the mug, splashing more onto the table. I messily mixed them in, amused at how quickly they melted with the heat.

"Blue-Bell."

I didn't quite hear him, I mixed again, and bought the cup to my lips. I took a few deep mouthfuls, that was....better, it still had a bitter aftertaste that I was not too fond of, but it was milky and sugary enough for me to drink it. I wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my robe.

"I mean you can take as much of my soul as you want."

I did a spit take, spraying our food with droplets of coffee (or sugar with added coffee, considering how much of it was in there) If any of it hit him, he didn't react to it beyond a surprised blink. I don't think he understood the ramifications of what he was offering. I did hear him...right? He was offering his soul to me? I mean..I did think about taking it numerous times, and the effects it had on people did differ...but...

"You no understand!" I said as I slammed the coffee cup down and stood up, hands slapping against the (no doubt stained now) birch table. "That big! Many big deal! No know what happen to you. I ahh...." I struggled to find the right words in tradespeak. "The things can happen...it is like...." I switched to Akashimian. <"The ramifications can differ from person to person, I don't know how this would affect you. I can't take the entirety of your soul. That's too much, you're my friend!">

I breathed a silent sigh of relief knowing Venn could understand Akashimian. I was able to articulate far better in my native tongue than I did in tradespeak. It was almost comical how much my speech mannerism changed. I found it funny, and always take great joy in seeing people's reactions. They think I am just a stupid lady, that is only half true!

Venn chuckled and shook his head. "I don't mind Blue-Bell. Go ahead."

I could feel my heart beating erratically in my chest, was it at the excitement of his offer? I wasn't sure. "Right! Follow the Eteri." I said with determination I grabbed him by the collar of his jacket and dragged him away from his half finished meal, back up the stairs. He protested, but I didn't listen. was his fault.

"Ack! wait, we gotta pay- no, I'm not dece-gah!"

I dragged him into our room and slammed the door shut behind us. "Sit!" I commanded as I pointed to the bed.

"Can I put on pants first?"

"Now sit!" I repeated as I placed my palms on his bare chest, ignoring the fact that he was literally only wearing a Jacket. I didn't care about nudity. His wang could flop around as much as it wanted, as long as it didn't flop all up on me I didn't care. He sat down on the bed, confused at my gusto. I myself didn't quite understand it, it was like I was fueled by an inane energy. Maybe it was the copious amounts of sugar I had with that coffee drink.

"You sure?" I asked one final time as he re positioned himself on the bed. Venn nodded in reply. That was the last time I asked. I pushed him down onto the bed and reached into his chest, my eyes lit up and I could see his soul in all its chaotic glory. I tugged and he winced. Then, it appeared.

A swirly mesh of garish colours. primarily purples, pinks and blues. His eyes widened when he saw it. I pointed to the tinges of red in his soul. "See here? This is when Venn does the bads. Things that cause pain make red marks on the souls, make them not as pretty."

I turned from him, knowing this may be a little much for him. Seeing something he did not believe in, and seeing the shift in my demeanour, but this was my work. I took my work seriously...well, somewhat seriously. I picked up my pouch and pulled out a pair of enchanted scissors. "I cut now." I carefully smoothed out his soul and starting cutting with practised motions.

I took half.

I know he said I could take as much as I wanted, but I wasn't going to. I didn't want Venn to loose his Venn-ness. I pulled away the part I had cut, and gently pushed the remained back into his body. The action caused him to lay back against the matted bed cover.

"This means lots to Eteri." I said with a small smile, I tugged at my own chest and the smile dissipated. It hurt... it really, really, really fucking hurt. That red angry piece was like fire, it was latched so tightly onto me I could only pull out a thin strand. In the open it sizzled and cackled with a dark energy. The entire room almost felt colder, but that must have been my imagination. I slumped against the floor with a heavy 'thump' and began my work.

I glanced up at Venn who seemed to watch my actions with a wide, curious gaze. It was like sewing, I intermingled the strands together and slowly allowed it to settle into my chest.

It....felt...heavy.

"D-done." I said toward Venn, a smile on my face. "How is the Venn feels?" I asked.