EXP: 2,105, Level: 2
    Level completed: 4%, EXP required for next Level: 2,895
    Level completed: 4%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,895

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein

Bed-Ridden or Hell-Bound (Mature)

(correct fucking account this damn time.)
    I lay in the soft bed behind Camille, one hand draped across her hip and gently massaging it. This woman was nearly insatiable, and I loved it. I'd have to be careful not to get addicted and just stay in bed with her all of the time. As much as I might thoroughly enjoy that - well. I felt a stirring between my legs again as she seemed to know what I was thinking about, and she rolled her warm ass back against me. I growled into her ear and dug my fingers into her hip.

“If you keep that up sweetheart we are never going to leave the bed.” I nibbled on her earlobe before slowly trying to peel myself away. Damn, but she was soft, warm and inviting. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and sat up, then craned my head over my shoulder to watch her. It was like watching a moving sculpture - her form was incredible, even just lounging in bed in the afterglow. I moved back, resting my back against the wall and stretching my legs out beside her, watching as she pressed against me ever so slightly with her back.

“So, sweetheart. As enjoyable as it is to make you scream my name - is there anything else you'd like to do? A hunt for something else perhaps? The food here is rather, well. Unsatisfying.” I didn't really need to eat, truth be told, but that didn't mean I didn't enjoy the flavors. The food being served by this place was sadly a bit bland - I hoped she agreed with that.

Or not. If she kept rolling those beautiful hips I was going to just slide back inside of her soon. To distract myself I started combing my fingers through her hair. A hum of approval came from her, I wasn’t sure if she was agreeing with me or simply enjoying my fingers in her hair.

I chuckled and tugged her hair gently, drawing her head back so I could see her face. “I need you to use words, sweetheart. Or have we done enough that your brain is a melted puddle of goo for the moment?” I grinned and shook my head.

She scoffed, her beautiful face twisting into a pout. “Don’t be overly cocky my love, I may just have to punish you.” Her hand had snaked around my shaft without me noticing her movements. I groaned in appreciation, and let out a soft laugh.

“What was it you said sweetheart? Don't threaten me with a good time, right?” I leaned forward and kissed those full lips for a moment, before straightening up again. I left my fingers tangled in her hair, gently massaging her scalp. Her hand slowly rubbed up and down my length and I let out another groan as she slowly teased me.

“RI-right. So, a hunt, or.. Continuing what you're starting with your hand there?” I couldn't keep the growl of pleasure from my words as she rubbed her thumb against my tip.

Adventurer

EXP: 5,465, Level: 3
    Level completed: 12%, EXP required for next Level: 3,535
    Level completed: 12%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,535

GP

Name
    Camille Arianna Dark
    I hummed with approval again for a second time. The sex with him was beyond sensational, it drove me up the wall or well against it. “As much as I would love to worship your body over and over again, I need food.”

I rolled to the other side of the goose feathered bed, stretching and groaning at how stiff my body was. I heard him groan behind me, a hungry low tone of appreciation. A small giggle parted my lips as I pushed myself off the bed, my arms stretched over my head. I turned slowly taking in the beautiful view in front of me. “Mmm I could stare at this stunning sight all day if I could,” I licked my lips as the hunger that had been sedated started to stir again.

Erik had stood up and his broad back was to me as he bent over, picking up his pants. When I spoke he slowly turned his head to look in my direction - then with a grin he flexed his arms, making the muscles on his back shift and quiver, the scars upon them rolling back and forth on his skin. “I like that look in your eyes sweetheart, but as much as I love your mouth on me, we need actual food.” He languidly turned around and leaned against the wall, and started to pull his pants on. I could see that even now he was hard, aching for me.

I tsked slightly at the dull ache that started in between my legs. I quickly turned and made my way to the dresser. I grabbed my clothing quickly pulling them onto to shield my form from is hungry eyes. “Any idea what we are going to go hunting for? I have some contacts that can inform us on what creatures are reeking havoc.” He hummed and pulled on his tunic, his face twisted thoughtfully.

“I'm fine so long as the beast’s flesh is not outright toxic. So - let us find out if your contacts know of anything the needs slaying.” He moved around the bed and took me in his arms, pulling me against his chest. “Then once we’ve had that fun, we’ll be full and ready to share our hunger for each other.” He growled into my ear as he squeezed me, one hand dropping down to massage my ass before he stepped back and away.

I frowned slightly at his absence though he was only a few feet from me. “My contacts always pan out,” I winked at him before making my way towards the door. “Do you like the view,” I tossed back at him, and he laughed, a booming sound.

“Best I've seen in many long years sweetheart.”

The sound of laughter left my lips as I walked out of the room with him in tow.
    * Gnarloc & Camille* Winner of Best Althanas Couple.

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    Sweet Flame, I loved to watch her walk, her hips rolling in front of me from side to side. She shot a grin over her shoulder and me and slapped her ass, and I bit my lip hard to stifle the groan that tried to escape me. He had only just left the bedroom, and if I gave in to the temptation to drag her back in there we would never leave.

So instead I walked closer, cupping her ass with my hand as we went downstairs and outside. She definitely seemed to approve, as she slowed down to give me an easier time of staying in contact with her jean-covered ass. I repaid her by gently squeezing and massaging her, only stopping when we were out in the streets. There, I wrapped my arm around her waist and held her close for a moment. “Lead the way sweetheart. I'll enjoy the view from behind.” I murmured into her ear, kissing the lobe before stepping back and watching as she shot me a smirk and strode ahead.

Oh yes, this little vixen was adding an extra sway to her hips as she walked. I followed after her as we made our ways through the town streets, heading towards her contacts, wherever they were. She seemed to know exactly where she was going, so I kept pace with her, staying close to her as we moved.

This place was ludicrous to me. There were so many people around that following her required me to be almost pressed against her at some points - though whenever this happened she molded herself against me, pressing her body against mine. Even through our clothes I could feel the heat of her body, and I had to force myself not to drag her into an alley to take her. Her attire was not a dress or a skirt- taking her hard and fast would require a bit more effort than if she'd been in more accessible clothes.

Not that I could really complain. I thoroughly enjoyed watching how these clothes hugged her form. And taking them off was just as fun - it was like unwrapping a wonderful little treat as I peeled them from her.

I had to take a deep breath as she stopped in a crowd, and I pressed up against her. My thoughts had gotten me hard again, and I knew she could feel that through our clothes. She gave me a slow, languid smile and ground against me as we waited for carriages to clear the street so we could move on.

Just before we moved across the street I felt her hand cup in between my legs. A small sound of laughter left her lips as she quickly walked across the street. Oh this little - I grinned and followed after her. Turnabout was fair play I suppose, but I hadn't expected her to be so brazen in public. I couldn't say I didn't enjoy it though - her fingers had felt good even through clothes. And I certainly didn't care what these people thought of the two of us - I knew none of them, and I had very little concern for their sense of propriety.

We made it to the building her contacts were in, and I pressed against her as I wrapped my arms around her waist. “Well then sweetheart. Let’s see what prey your contacts can scrounge up for us, shall we?” I murmured into her ear, grinning as my eyes flicked around.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Camille Arianna Dark
    The building was dingy but once you entered the appearance didn’t match the smell. I hate this place, Nikita whined softly. I had to agree, each time I came to this place it always smelled the same. Overly sterilized, with a hint of a copper smell. Turning I looked at Erik briefly, “listen Jupiter is a bit odd so no sudden movements. He gets very skittish, especially with new people.” Erik squeezed my hand and stepped back, nodding slowly.

“I think I can handle that.” His voice was soft, steady.

“Okay good,” I took my hand and wrapped it around his and guided him through the maze. The rooms were small and connected by a series of doors, some actual wood others just cheap fabric curtains. After the fifth room I stopped abruptly, Erik almost running into the back of me. “Shh,” I tilted my head back slightly inhaling the air.

“Jupiter come out, it’s just me.” I sighed with frustration.

“You aren’t alone,” cried out a mumbled response.

“He is with me Jupiter, he means no harm,” at first the silence was deafening but then the sound of scurrying behind them, a round, stout man in front of him. He shared many features of a mole and a man, his giant overbite, sharp pointed nose. His movements were jittery as he eyed Erik up and down. “Jupiter, I need to know some information on any creatures that have been causing trouble around here. I plan to go hunting, we plan to go hunting. This is Erik.” I slowly gestured towards the man behind me.

Erik was staring his head tilted to one idea. When I gestured to him he blinked and nodded his once, softly. “The Rat King’s Kin live here, too? Seems this place is not so different from home after all.” His voice was soft, as if he didn't really know he was talking. He cleared his throat. “Indeed Goodman Jupiter. I intend no harm to you.”

Jupiter stuck his nose towards the foreigner and sniffed slightly before I swatted him away. “Listen, I need information, lets go.” I snapped my fingers in front of him to get his attention. He squeaked slightly and scurried to another room shuffling through stuff. He mumbled as he went, “sand serpents, harpies, no no something bigger, gnomes.” He chuckled to himself in amusement with his own mad mutterings.

“Ah hah, what about this,” he stumbled back into the room thrusting a scroll towards me. I unrolled the scroll and looked back at him confused. “Skin snatchers? Are you serious?” The mole-man was practically beaming with happiness at what he had managed to find. Erik coughed and leaned over me, his eyes scanning the page.

“What are these beasts? I'm not familiar with them.” His voice was a soft murmur in my ear - there was a guarded edge to his tone. Hard eyes flicked to Jupiter. “The Kin isn't intending to send us to our deaths, is it?”

“Jupiter is harmless, skin snatchers are something that I thought extinct. They are like demons they prey on humans and consume their flesh and can take the form of their prey. They were really bad a couple years ago but I thought they had been hunted down and extinguished.” I grinned at Jupiter and held out my hand.

“Deal’s a deal, give me the scissors.” I sighed softly. Erik hummed in thought.

“My Lightning is divine in origin, at least from my world. This will be a chance to see if that holds true here - but, deal?” He tilted his head to the side, watching.

“I get a lock of her hair each time I give her good information,” the round man was bouncing with excitement as he passed me the shears.

“If I find out that you try and cloan me again I will gut you like a fish,” I growled with annoyance.

“I can’t help it, you are unique and a dying breed.” Jupiter chittered, undeterred.

“Little Rat-kin. You know what she'll do to you. You've no idea what I will do, and I have had centuries to learn. Be on good behavior, and we will have no issues.” Erik’s voice was low growl. “Do something she dislikes, and I will experiment to see what your body can withstand. And I can heal you to keep going.”

The mole squealed like a small pig, I quickly cut a small piece of my honey brown locks and handed it to him as he hurried away.

“What, exactly, is ‘cloning?’” Erik looked to me with a frown after Jupiter was gone.

“He tries to take my hair and replicate the strands of DNA, he says that I am special yet can never prove it.” I shrugged sighing softly, “shall we go?”

“Hmm. So he wishes to make a copy? Strange little man. One of you is grand, I don't know if the world could handle two. Let us go.” He grinned and headed back out of the building.

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    She lead me out of the city and we both began stretching as we left the cramped confines of the streets with their crush of people. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, tension leaking from my shoulders as I breathed deep. A frown filtered across my face.

“I’d not realized how much people stink.” I spat, clearing some of that taste from my mouth. I looked to her, raising an eyebrow. “So sweetheart. Which way are these beasts to be found? And are they toxic?” My stomach let out a low rumble, and I slapped it with one hand. “Quiet, you.”

“They have an odd taste, they taste as if you are eating many different meats at all at one,” she giggled slightly. “They are dangerous though, so we will have to be very careful.”

“Hmm. Well then, our guard shall be high.” I wondered. If these things borrowed the skin of their victims - just what would happen if they tried taking mine? My body dissolved upon death, returning to where I had last rested - leaving nothing behind for them to assume.

“If worst passes and I fall - head back to your room. I should meet you there.” My words were soft as we continued on, and I glanced at her from the corner of my eye. Her body stiffened and her footing stumbled as she looked at me.

“Don’t say that, I won’t let you fall even if you can come back to life.” I paused, and took her shoulder in a gentle, firm grasp.

“Sweetheart. Life and death are two sides of a coin for me, and I walk them both with ease. Of the two of us, I am, how would I say, ‘expendable’. You are not - your life is precious, to me, far more than my own.” I squeezed her and gave a grin. “But this would be the worst case situation - I fully intend not to fall to some annoying lesser demons.” I kissed her forehead, then pulled my head back.

“So. They were hunted down and nearly wiped out completely. So, normal weapons are effective against them? And that paper he gave, did it say how any of the beasts there were?” I spoke quickly, trying to distract her from thinking about it. I knew that my attitude toward death was heavily skewed from what the people of this world would be used to, and I don't want to upset Camille by hounding in the point for too long.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Camille Arianna Dark
    I pondered over what he has said, how the veil of life and death was but a walkway with him. It still weighed heavily on my heart to think of him passing through the shadows of death. He seemed to notice that my mood dropped and pressed on with another topic which I was grateful for.

“They can be killed by common weaponry but they are tricky little things. They kind of have layers of flesh that you have to carve through. Don’t let them bite you either they have this venom that paralyzes their victims, I have seen it first hand and the stuff works quickly.” He squeezed my shoulder again, trying to comfort me.

“So. Hack them apart, and avoid their bites. Nasty little bastards aren't they.” His hand dropped to his belt and he rubbed the strange bell-covered cross in his belt. “And fry them with lightning.”

I scanned the paper, a frown of disappointment as it didn’t mention how many or their exact location. “They travel in a hoard for the most part but here it doesn’t say exactly where or how many there are.” I growled in frustration.

“Seems like we need to have a talk with the Ratkin later about gathering enough of the pertinent details.” Erik’s eyes scanned the trees around us as we walked. He seemed on guard over something.

“What has you on edge, Erik?” I could see it in his body that he was tense and his eyes kept darting for the tree line. He paused, his eyes narrowing into the dark shadows between the trees that cross thing came off its hooks on his belt.

“I think we’re being watched.” He was tense but steady as he studied the trees. “Do you hear anything, sweetheart?”

I paused for a moment, my eyes closed as I listened closely. At first it was nothing, the wind rustled up some leaves, a deer grazing somewhere in the distance. Right as I was about to say something I heard it. It was barely there, but the crunching of a twig reached my ears. “There,” I pointed to our left.

“They’ve been moving only when we did. I almost missed them.” His voice was very soft as he shifted, planting his feet. “I've seen those who stalk their targets like them before though - and these things are out of place in the forest. And they emanate death.” Metal chimed as he shook his bell working out kinks in his shoulders.
    “How do we draw them out? Any ideas?”

“I have one,” I took the dagger that was holstered against my upper thigh, then drew it across the palm of my hand. I squeezed my hand tightly letting a few drops of blood hit the ground. “They are hunters, the smell of fresh blood should bring them out of hiding.”

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    Hmmm. It seemed that she was right. As her scarlet blood dripped down to the earth, the noise in the trees grew. I saw shapes emerge, cautiously at first. I began chanting, soft prayers to the Nameless King, and golden-yellow light began gathering around my chime. I watched, waiting -

I had thought the trolls were damn ugly. These things - oh they were worse. They looked almost like fat little gremlins, with rotting meat strapped to their bodies. Gleaming fangs flashed as their distorted noses twitched, fastened onto the ground and my lover’s hand. Not a Flame-damned chance you disgusting fuckers. The golden light began to coalesce, into a crackling spear, clasped in my hand. “I'll take the ugly shit in the front.” I reared back - and hurled.

The javelin of golden-yellow light crackled, burnt, scorched and sang as it hurtled through the air. There was actinic crackling, a sharp tang in the air - and with a crash of light thunder, the bolt hit the creature in the lead. It let out a terrible screech as the lightning slammed into it, and it fell backwards, hitting the ground and rolling as its body shook violently. Well. I blinked as the creatures around it paused, staring at their pack mate, then slowly turned to look at me with a strange anger and fear in their eyes.

“Divinity still works against the damned, then.” I dropped my chime back to my belt, and drew my blade. Time to see what these things were like. Fast, annoying, heavy hitting - or were they more like spiders, relying on quick movements and their venom? I glanced to Camille, who was grinning in hungry anticipation. I grinned at her, and rushed towards the four that were still remaining, bowling into them with a heavy smash to one's head with my shield.

One jumped on my back, trying to drag me down as it bit feebly at the back of my armor and robes. I threw myself to the ground and rolled, as the three others ran for my Lycan companion. Flame, I hoped she would be alright - without armor, she would be at more of a disadvantage than I was. I'd have to kill my targets fast so I could help her if she needed it.

The thing on the ground tried to get up, but I sliced along its length, hewing a strip of rotten flesh from its form. Fat little bastard, how many people have you slain to have this much meat on you? I drove my blade in at an angle, piercing its side; as the second one jumped back on me, slamming into my shield. It struggled and squirmed, and finally with a heave it ripped my shield from its straps on my arm. I let it take the shield, and buried my foot in the bastard’s gut, hurling it away from me.

“Come then, little demon!” I left my sword buried in the other of the skin snatcher, pinning it to the ground, and chased after the fucker with my shield. It didn't know what to do with it and was chewing on the edge - at least until I caught it, slamming into it with a tackle. I ripped my chime from my belt and slammed it into the demon’s stomach and prayed, calling lightning to my side. Or, to its stomach. Electric gold burst into its body, crackling and ripping through it with coruscating light.

I looked back towards Camille, chime clenched in my hand in case she needed my help.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Camille Arianna Dark
    I ground my feet into the ground, I had forgotten how disgusting these things were. As I had recalled they traveled in a clumsy pack, some still fighting over the rotten flesh of their latest kill. They grunted and sniffed the air, a few noticed the two standing there.

A small giggle left my lips as Erik took charge, calling out which he wanted. I shook my head but let him take the lead. He jumped into action and at first I had nothing to do but admire him, watching him fight was like watching an artist paint.

My attention was drew back to the war that waged at hand, I wrapped a piece of my clothing around my palm before I tossed the dagger back and forth. The weight of it was easily held as I waited for them to come to me. There couldn’t be more than five or six but the way they moved was almost hypnotizing.

Don’t look at them Cammy, don’t stare at them for too long that is how they suck you in. Nikita warned me. I shook my head trying to move my eyes away from their fixation. “Right.” I murmured to myself. They must have noticed their trickery was no longer working on because a few of them charged me.

I clicked my boots together and another blade extended out. It was barely six inches but enough to do some damage. I let it drive into the nearest skin snatcher it met right into the middle of it’s chest. An animalistic noise gurgled from its smashed face, it stumbled before trying to charge back towards me but it stopped and fell to the ground.

Lucky shot must have gotten the little fucker right in the heart. Nikita purred with approval.

The other two circled around me and my own inner beast hated the feeling of being lower on the food chain. “Listen you ugly bastards I am going to rip you apart.” My voice took a venomous growl to it. I reached for another and ripped it’s arm clean off, the opposite leg followed.

The growling wasn’t coming from the skin snatcher now, it was coming from me. I was morphing into my halfling self, the only state where Nikita and I both were of one. I continued to rip the beast, limb from limb. Snarling as limbs flew this way and that way, my teeth elongated to fangs as I ripped at it.

The other beast tried to take me as surprise as I snatched him up quickly. “I will kill you fuckers all,” I snarled My fangs dug into its flesh like warm butter on a hot day. The warm blood spilled down my neck as I moaned with absolute blood lust. By the end I probably looked like something out of a horror book, my chest rising and falling as I held a severed head in one hand.

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    Well, she looked like some kind of victorious divinity, drenched in the blood of her victims. Bodied littered the ground around her and blood from her final kill stained her muzzle and dripped down her chest. I looked around - the only thing left alive was the creature I had pinned to the ground earlier, still writhing about like a butterfly on a board with my sword planted in its side and into the earth. I strode over to it and stomped down, pulping its head beneath my boot. I wiped the remains off as I moved over to my lover, who was watching me carefully as I approached her.

I circled her slowly, my eyes trailing up and down her body. Her hands had elongated, with hefty black claws in place of her manicured nails, and as I had noticed already her mouth had become a wolf’s muzzle. Wide, wide eyes stared at me unflinchingly as I set my sword back into its sheath. One hand came out to gently stroke along the soft, light covering of white fur that had been stained red with blood. “Well. Still lovely, sweetheart, just a bit more feral. Can't say I dislike it.” I grinned at her before looking around the clearing. There were none left, corpses the only thing remaining.

“Well then. I take it you know how to prepare these things? I think there's certainly enough here to satisfy our hunger.” I looked to my now more feral lover, who was staring at me intently. Her chest rose and fell slightly faster, her body was tense as she turned away from me. I heard some cracking and groaning, I believe it was her bones morphing back to their rightful place.

“Yes,” she gasped softly turning back around. “I do know how to prepare them.” I smiled at her and began moving around, dragging the bodies into one place, stacking them up a bit like cordwood. She'd taken one and begin cutting it apart with her dagger, carving it like one might a side of beef. As Camille sliced away strips of meat, I began preparing a fire, gathering together actual wood and kindling together to light. I coughed a bit as the smoke from the fire started drifting upwards - damn, wet wood.

“The fire is ready when you are, love.” I called over my shoulder to her. She brought over some of the meat, and I took it, skewering the chunks on long sticks. I planted one end into the ground, letting the meat cook, and pulled her down to sit next to me, and wrapped my arm around her and held her against my side.

“A nice little scrap. Now I know my divine magic still has something of an effect on demons of this world.” I murmured as the fire crackled and popped in front of us. “Were you injured beyond your hand, sweetheart?” I turned to study her with one eye, checking to make sure she hadn't been bitten.

“No, no I am fine. I promise,” she smiled at my tenderness for her. I kissed her forehead and nodded in relief. If she'd been injured I would have been rather upset with myself. At least I could heal.

“Ah, let me look at your hand, see if I should heal you.” I took her wrist in one hand and unwrapped the cloth she had wound around her palm. There was some blood clotting up in her hand, and I brushed it away gently so I could see the injury. It was a mild cut, just enough to draw her blood, but I still didn't like her hurt. I pressed my hand against my chime and began chanting, a prayer for a soft benediction of aide for her. Warm light flowed around us for a moment, and when it faded away her skin had returned to its unmarred state.

I brought her palm up to my lips and kissed it, before smiling at her. “Food should be ready soon.” I reached out and rotated the meat, making sure it cooked at least somewhat evenly. I pulled one away and bit into the meat - it was still a bit bloody. I offered it to her with a raised eyebrow as I let the others cook longer.

“Cooked enough for you love, or too much?” I tilted my head to the side and watched her.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Camille Arianna Dark
    I looked at the meat, there was nothing worse than over cooked meat, chewing on it like an old leather boot. I bit into the meet he offered me, the juices exploded in my mouth causing me to moan softly. “Mmm, it’s perfect,” I popped each finger into my mouth sucking off the leftover juices.

“Let’s eat,” I offered him a smile.

At first we just ate in silence which I didn’t really mind all that much as I was used to it. I watched as the flames lapped at the wood, blistering the bark until it cracked under the heat. At the base of the flame it was white, melting into a red or an orange. Even the embers danced giving a beautiful light show.

“Penny for your thoughts,” I asked softly. He slowly turned his head to me, one eyebrow raised in confusion. Then he blinked, and seemed to think about it.

I noticed the intent look on his face as he chewed. I wondered if he had ever been haunted by the death of his paths. I felt a pull towards him. Not just sexual though I do enjoy his body it was more like a kindred spirit type of way. I knew I cared for him deeply already which is something I didn’t think I could do any more, not after Gnarl any way.

He made me feel alive when in many ways I was sure my soul to be dead.

“I was… Thinking of how alive this world is.” His voice was soft as he stared at the fire. He reached out and laced the fingers of one hand with mine, and shifted his gaze to them for a moment. “My world was - trapped, locked in an endless cycle. Most people never knew, but I - I was in a rather unique position, and tried to fight it. Hence, my curse to bear the scars. And I only ever got to see the end of a cycle - when the world was dead, decaying, in desperate need of rebirth. The people there - nothing like this, like us, would have ever happened. No, because everyone was locked into struggling for survival. Romance? A dream of a better time.” His fingers tightened against mine.

“I thought being cast out from my world was the worst thing to happen, because then no one would ever know to break the false cycle. But.. They were happy. And now - now I am too. It's strange.” He returned his gaze to the fire, not letting go of my hand. “I didn't think I would ever be in a place where I could say that.”

My heart swelled, did he mean that since meeting me he was happy, maybe my ego was just getting in the way. Obviously we cared for each other in some odd strange way. Was it that we were both so simply broken and lonely that we cling to one another? You are acting like a love sick school girl. Nikita scoffed. She didn’t need to feel loved or wanted not after her heart had been broken in so many different ways.

“Do you think in another world if we found each other and were just normal humans that we would be like we are now?” I looked down at our hands intertwined and then to his face. He blinked, and seemed to be considering it before he shrugged slightly, a thoughtful expression on his face as he looked at me.

“I would hope so.” He gave my fingers a squeeze before continuing. “I quite enjoy spending time with you, and you don't mind if I get bit - well, vicious.” I couldn’t help but laugh a little, I believe I was the more vicious one.

“I find it odd that there is this sensation or pull towards you, I don’t just enjoy being around you I love it. It is scary for me because of how long I have been alone. With you though your touch brings parts of me to life that have been dead for many years.” I rolled my eyes at how silly I was sounding, I was acting like a schoolgirl with a crush.

He laughed, that deep booming laugh again, and shook his head. “I had a wife, once. Centuries ago. But - it's been centuries. I've lost track of how many. I've seen women in the mean time, but I haven't felt any kind of attraction to any of them. Quite honestly, until you decided to make a move, I didn't even know those physical parts still worked. And I'm still trying to figure out what's going on in here.” He tapped his chest with his free hand. “But what I do know, is that I'd much rather have you by my side than away from it, sweetheart.”

A smile danced across my lips as I leaned against him, my head resting on his broad shoulder. “Look at us, one of the most dangerous partnerships I know of, and here we are, reduced down to talking about our feelings.” A small giggle left my still smiling lips.