Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

EXP: 2,105, Level: 2
    Level completed: 4%, EXP required for next Level: 2,895
    Level completed: 4%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,895

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    I tilted my head and looked down at her, and raised an eyebrow. A slow, languid blink, and I shrugged my shoulder making her head rise and fall. “Does that not just make us the more terrifying? Here we are, sitting by a pile of corpses of our foes, our stomachs filled with their flesh, and we have such little concern for them that we know we have the safety to discuss important matters.” I let go of her hand and coiled my arm around her shoulders.

“Besides, sweetheart, there is no shame in having emotions, or sharing them. Especially not with one who cares for you. Emotions have driven men to challenge the gods - knowing and accepting them is a source of strength, not one of weakness.” I kissed the top of her head, and rested my chin there for a moment.

“And discussing our emotions, our feelings. That just makes sure we are both on the same page as to where our - relationship, will be going. I for one, cherish time with you, and greatly hope that this will not be a - what was the term I heard someone use in town…” I frowned and drummed the fingers of my empty hand against my legs for a moment. “I do not want this to be a ‘one nightstand’ though I'm not sure what furniture has to do with romantic entanglements.” It didn't make sense to me, but the men I had heard talking had clearly been using it to refer to spending only a short time with a woman. Bizarre phrasing. “And I hope you don't either.”

Her laughter sounded like a small innocent child as she shook her head, and it puzzled me for a moment. “It’s just an expression that people use, but I feel the same. I want to see where this is going to go.” She brought our entwined hands close to her lips as she kissed each of my knuckles.

It was strange though, how much I enjoyed spending time with her. I thought I had seen everything, and that this world just had what I was used to, maybe dressed up in new outfits but still the same drudgery and creatures that I knew of old. That belief had been shoved to the side by the woman beside me, my tired, worn Soul revitalized by new and someone who actually cared . I couldn't remember the last time either had happened, and for them to be one and the same - well. I don’t think I would ever get enough of being near her, she sparked my curiosity in the world again, and I wanted to see what it was like with her by my side.

“Huh. Well, I am well aware expressions can be odd. Not sure why they chose furniture still, but alright.” I chuckled and shook my head. “And it seems we’re in agreement then. I certainly don't want this to end any time soon. You're stuck with me a while longer it seems, Camille.” Her name felt like sweet honey on my lips, and I couldn't stop the smile that tweaked my mouth. I shifted, and pulled her into my lap, one arm coiled around her stomach and the other holding her hand.

“Not that either of us really considers that much of an imposition.” She felt warm and alive in my hold, and damn good. Something like this would never have happened if I had stayed in my old world - there the only warmth I ever experienced was from the Flame itself. The comfort of another person had been denied me for so long, it was almost miraculous to me how right it felt to hold her. She laughed and squirmed on my lap, adjusting herself a bit as we faced the dying fire.

For a moment the two of us were quiet, content to just enjoy each other’s presence. I'd spend countless years alone with only my precious mount as a companion, so sitting here and holding her was almost novel. I savored it, before tilting my head to murmur in her ear.

“What was it you said earlier? A penny for your thoughts? What's on your mind dear?”

Adventurer

EXP: 5,465, Level: 3
    Level completed: 12%, EXP required for next Level: 3,535
    Level completed: 12%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,535

GP

Name
    Camille Arianna Dark
    I looked at him for a moment, I blinked a few times. My mind ran many places, always a million thoughts and trying to sort them out was grasping at straws. I chewed on my lower lip trying to put words to my chaos of a brain.

“When I was little I always thought being in love would be great. Then it happened and as soon as it was in my grasp, pulling at my heartstrings it all came crashing down. This, whatever this is, it scares me but also excites me to no end.” I sighed hoping that it made sense to him. For a moment he was quiet and still, then he tightened his hold on me.

“Love is a scary thing, I remember. It doesn't always make sense, and it can be a confusing mess that leaves you jumbled up. But I can promise you this, dear Camille, I'm not going anywhere unless you want me to. Literally, not even death can stop that.” He kissed my head again, and his hand tightened around my fingers.

I don’t know how he did it but he always made the awkward more bearable, the unknown less scary and taking a risk well worth it. I sighed, “you my love, you are something very special.” I played with his hand, drawing small circular patterns. He let out a soft laugh.

“As far as I know, I'm literally one of a kind here.” His hand twitched and flexed as I drew shapes on it.

I couldn’t help but laugh a little, “you sometimes make the simplest statements sound like you are being cocky.” I knew what he meant but they way he delivered his statement was so innocent. I looked around, we had made such a mess, we were going to have clean this up. I pushed myself reluctantly off his lap.

“We need to clean this mess up, it’s already starting to stink.” Erik groaned when I was standing up, but he soon joined me on his own feet. He stretched out his shoulders and looked at the pile of bodies, then nodded.

“Delicious, but foul smelling little blighters. Do we toss them out into the woods? Bury them? Burn the whole lot?” There was an odd note in his voice at the last suggestion.

“Tossing them into the woods would be best, the scavengers can pick them apart later. I need to bathe after this,” I scrunched my face picking up some body parts and tossing them into the tree line.

We picked things up in silence, it was almost relaxing. At some point, Erik began to amuse himself by hurling the body parts further and further, and I could see his muscles tense as he flung them far and wide.

I tossed my head back and laughed, only he would find it amusing to play with dead body parts. I shook my head and watched him. Each piece flew farther and farther, soon there was only two pieces left one in my hand the other in his.

“Wanna make a bet?” I arched my eyebrow with a smirk on my lips. He slowly tilted his head to the side, a curious expression on his face.

“What would be the terms?” He bounced the limb in his hand up and down a few times as he waited for me to explain. “If I can toss this farther than you can, you have to buy me drinks, if I lose I will buy you drinks.” I held out my hand to seal the deal. His grin stretched his lips wide as he clasped my hand - then pulled me in for a kiss. He drew back, smirking wider.

“Deal. You first, or me?”

“They do say ladies first,” I grinned.
    * Gnarloc & Camille* Winner of Best Althanas Couple.

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    I smiled and stepped back, giving my lover a clear shot. I had been having fun throwing these little rotters into the woods - I had no problem at all laying a few drinks on the line over it. Especially as I'd already intended to buy us something to drink tonight anyway - but now, now there was a wager, and I intended to win. Just letting her win would be dishonest and an insult to her - so I watched as she prepared.

She was smooth, moving in swift flowing motions as she twisted around, and hurled the body part in her hands into the trees. It went a rather fair distance - hmm, perhaps her nature afforded her extra strength? Might be something to experiment with later. But. But, I knew I could throw further. So I stepped up beside her, and squeezed her ass with my empty hand, grinning at her.

“My turn, sweetheart.” She smirked - but didn't step back, instead remaining close as I stretched out my arm. That was fine, I could throw from an immobile stance. I reared my arm back - and felt a hand slip inside of my pants and squeeze. I let out a choked gasp and threw, hurling the arm straight out like a javelin.

It flew forward, and even with her diabolically wonderful interference I thought I had won. Until the arm hit a tree and fell. I slowly looked to her, raising my eyebrow. She gave me a squeeze and withdrew her hand with a smirk on those full lips. “Yes, love?” Oh, she was a vixen through and through wasn't she.

“Well. It seems I owe someone drinks, don't I?” I folded my arms over my chest and stared at her. She gave me an innocent look and shrugged.

“I didn’t say I would play fair.” I laughed and shook my head, then kicked dirt over the fire, snuffing out the last few embers. Then with another chuckle, I started heading back towards the town, heading towards the bar that I had seen while walking through the city.

As we walked, I shot her a look from the corner of my eye. “You do know dear, that if you end up getting me going I'm going to want you to take care of the problem?” My voice was warm and teasing as I grinned at her.

She laughed giving me a daring look, “I don’t do well with authority, lover.” She winked again playfully. I reached out and pulled her to me, pressing her flush against me as I leaned in and kissed her. I tilted my head back.

“But would you leave me to suffer, knowing only your touch can fix it?” I grinned and pinched her ass before pulling back and walking on, tossing her a smirk over my shoulder.

“Ah but that is what is so fun about all of this; you, are my serenity, and I, your salvation.” I laughed and shook my head, pressing on into the city as she grinned and slipped her hand into mine.

The bar was dark and smokey, and I had to suppress the urge to sneeze as we walked in. I pushed through the small throng of people, using my bulk to shove them aside, and to guard Camille from flying elbows. It seemed most of the people here were already deep in their drink. There was one table that was empty, and I quickly claimed it for us, setting my stuff on it to make sure that no one else moved in. Camille took one seat and moved some of my stuff to the other, as I pushed up to the barman and got us two mugs of…I honestly wasn't sure. It wasn't Siegbrau, I knew that much.

I set her mug down in front of her, and took the other seat. I grinned and raised my mug in a salute to her, then started draining my mug.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Camille Arianna Dark
    I sighed inhaling the familiar scent of the tavern. I had spent many of nights here, drowning my sorrows in blackberry brandy and my anger in any type of rum the bar wench had.

I looked into the mug giving it a quick sniff, smelled like ale of some sort. I take a long swig, my face puckered slightly at the bitter taste. “By the Goddess this is bitter.”

Before he could say anything I grabbed his mug and walked back up to the bar. I calmly set down the mugs and waited for the brute that was serving drinks. The barman turned and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Oh Rufus,” I whistled drawing his attention.

“Cammy, I thought you had moved on to a different part of the world. Haven’t seen you in awhile.” I shrugged tapping at the lip of the mug, glancing at it and him.

“What is this horse piss,” my eyebrow arched with my question.

“Matilda ordered it from some new supplier,” he shrugged holding his hands up. “Well it’s disgusting,” I tapped the bar with my knuckles. “Come on you know what I want.” The broad man groaned but didn’t object.

He sat down a bottle and two glasses. “Thanks, you’re a peach,” I called over my shoulder before skimming through the sea of bodies.

“Here, this is way better than that nasty garbage they gave us before.” I sat down in my spot, popping the cork and pouring out an amber colored liquor. Erik lifted the glass and rolled it around, raising an eyebrow.

I took a swig of it, savoring the sweet after notes. I sighed, eyeing my lover. I let my index finger circle the rim of my glass as I waited for him to take a swig. He took a sniff, raised an eyebrow, then swallowed, coughing slightly as he set the glass back down by the bottle.

“By the Flame, what is this?” He looked at me with his eyebrows raised.

I laughed at his reaction, I shook my head before taking another swig. The amber liquid left a warm trail and settled in my belly, warming my entire form. “It’s brandy, I prefer it over ale. Too strong?” He laughed and took the bottle from me, pouring his glass full.

“Not at all! I just hadn't had it before. Not used to it, doesn't mean I don't want more.” He grinned and drained the glass, closing his eyes as he considered the burning in his throat. “Good stuff though sweetheart.”

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    It wasn't Siegbrau, but it was one of the better drinks I had had since coming to this world. I could feel my cheeks heating up a bit - hmm, so this had a fair amount of alcohol in it too. Good. I poured myself another glass and pushed the bottle back to my lover. She picked it up and took another swig, and I felt my eyebrow raise. I wonder - was her alcohol tolerance higher than mine? I sipped on the alcohol now, letting the sweet burn longer on my tongue this time.

“So, we’ve hunted. Is there anyone we need to alert about those things making an appearance again?” I tilted my head to the side watching her as she played with the bottle’s mouth. She shook her head smiling. “No, Jupiter usually knows when he gives me a target I hit it. He has probably already let the Rangers know.”

I stretched out as she thought, and looked around the barroom. The place was busy, and in this one room alone held more people than I was used to seeing. Usually crowds of bodies meant lots of things trying to kill me - not people relaxing and having fun in a peaceful place. It was…bizarre? I think that was the right word. I shifted in my seat, trying to suppress my agitation.

I felt as if all their eyes were on us. I couldn't blame them in one regard - Camille was attractive to a fault, and she drew their gazes, I felt. If I was less confident I might have been concerned, but she didn't seem to even register the rest of these individuals, much less actually caring that some of them were watching her. I shifted again, and my fingers tightened on my glass.

Was it just me, or were there more people here than there had been before? I hadn't been paying attention to the entrance - my eyes had been on Camille and her rolling figure. Despite myself I felt my shoulders crouch inwards slightly, tensing up as I prepared in case they started attacking. I dealt better with small groups, not this press of people. But, she wanted drinks, so here we were. And I'd put up with more than this if it would make her smile.

“Alright. So, then. Drinks - then?” How did this work these days? “We go find something else to kill? Or is there another plan in mind?” I sipped more of the brandy, watching her. I'd have to look into these Rangers, see if I could use them as a source of information myself. Or - well. I certainly didn't mind hunting with Camille.

“Maybe retire? I do have more things I'd like to ask you, and you've probably got questions about me as well.” Her altered state was intriguing to me. Was she just faster and stronger in that state? Or did it come with other benefits and detriments? I actually had a fair few things I wanted to ask her - but I didn't want to upset her by asking in public, if these were rude topics to discuss. No, I'd wait until we got back to our room.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Camille Arianna Dark
    I grabbed the bottle and my glass, snapped my fingers for one of the bar wenches before tossing a few coins at her. “I need to bathe and you can ask me your questions then,” I offered him a soft smile.

I sighed softly gripping my bottle before tossing him a look over my shoulder. I was nervous, he had questions and what if I gave the wrong answer, or one he didn’t like. My stomach flipped as I grabbed his hands and hurried out the door. I walked in silence and thank the heavens the Inn I was staying in was only a few blocks away.

I didn’t give him a chance to speak as my pace was quick, the clicking of my heels echoed in the alleyways. The pace of my heels matched the beating of my heart. I knew it was only a matter of time before we dug deep, but I didn’t think it so soon. Calm down you over reactive girl, Nikita quipped.

I pushed open the Inn door, my eyes met with the Inn keep as I nodded. I knew she would understand by how I was covered in dried blood. She hurried away calling out for someone to warm so water for the bathing tub.

“We can talk once we get upstairs,” I gave him a nervous smile as I let go of his hand. I dug in my pocket looking for my room key. Quickly and fluidly I made my way up the stairs taking them two at a time. We were met by a short girl, her black pixie cut framed her young face.

“That was quick,” I mused knowing that the Inn Keep was frightened of me.

I pushed open the door and set down the bottle and glass before peeling off the blood soaked clothes. The sound of sticking fabric maybe a shiver run down my spine. I could feel his eyes on me, watching me intently. I enjoyed his attention and it made me feel less tense.

I walked towards the bathing room and smiled seeing that little pixie girl had been hard at work. I lowered myself into the large tub and glanced over my shoulder to see Erik standing in the doorway. He had his shirt off, baring the medley of scars on his flesh, but he'd kept his pants on. He moved into the bathroom and leaned against the wall, a curious expression on his face.

“My first question, I suppose, is, do you want me to join you?” He raised one eyebrow.

I laughed softly nodding my head as I grabbed a loofa and lathered it up with soap. “Of course I do.” He slowly peeled off his pants and tossed them out of the bathroom, then gingerly climbed in, scooting me forward to hold me in his lap as his legs settled into the water. He groaned and I looked back to see his head dropped back slightly.

“The heat feels good.” He defended himself without opening his eyes. One arm wrapped around me as the other took the loofah, and he started gently washing my back. For the moment, he seemed content not to ask anything.

Then he leaned forward and kissed the back of my neck before murmuring into my ear. “If there's anything I ask that you don't want to answer, just tell me. I won't be upset, sweetheart.” He gave me a squeeze and handed back the loofah before sitting back in the tub.

“So, your transformative state. It's one you control freely? Not tied to a cycle, or environment?” His voice was steady, but curious. His eyes watched me without a hint of judgment, just that interest shining in them.

I sighed softly trying to figure out how to put into words the question he wanted answered. “When you are a lycan it is something completely different than a werewolf. At a certain age you ascend it’s painfully for a while but a spirit from a lycan chooses you. You become one so when I shift my lycan spirit takes control. My halfling state is the only time we both have control over the body.” I glanced at him, I knew that it was confusing and at times I was confused at the mechanics of it all still.

“It’s confusing and messy and at times makes me feel crazy when she talks but also comforting.” I shrugged innocently. He blinked, stared at me, tilting his head to one side as his eyes widened.

“You've two Souls? Vying for dominance, or trading it. I - oh dear. Second Soul, I apologize if I'm not to your taste. Is - Hm.” He seemed thrown for a loop. I laughed softly cupping his cheek, “Nikita is someone entirely differently and she is bitter after all we have been through so she doesn’t truly have an opinion that matters on my personal life.”

Thanks for that, Cammy. Nikita growled with frustration. Erik leaned into my touch for a moment before raising an eyebrow.

“So, she doesn't like me then. I'll keep my distance from her in that case.” He chuckled, a bit strained. Then he rubbed his chin with a hand, and caught my hand in his grasp and gave it a squeeze. “So, aside from sharing control with a second Soul, does that form have any hidden benefits or demerits? I've seen you are stronger and faster when changed.”

“I do, I am stronger than a regular person and I heal somewhat faster. I can take hits better than most people. There are downsides though, I am more emotional, unstable at times. I can sometimes be animalistic. Being a lycan is a blessing and a curse, I had a soulmate, literally, a soulmate. Nikita, she is the lycan spirit and imprinted on a man once. I fell in love with him hard and when he broke both of us not once but twice I let her take control for many months.” Realizing I had just shared one of my most intimate secrets that I had kept for over two years. I grabbed the bottle pouring my glass full and gulping it down greedily.

Erik was quiet, letting me drink, and instead watched me with a half-closed gaze, his brow furrowed in thought. He reached out gently and took my hand, lacing his fingers with mine. “I told you that I was married, yes?” He waited until I nodded, half-remembering him mention that. “I didn't say that she was responsible for my first death. Not that I knew it at the time. I told you I rejected the cycle my world was trapped in, and that I fought the gods over it, receiving my curse of Undeath. But - I only lost the first time because she betrayed me to my enemies. I didn't know, at the time, didn't learn for over a century. My world has a limited reincarnation cycle, reusing old, weary souls after a time of rest. I thought she had died at my foe’s hands, and so I waited for so, so long, hoping to see her again, knowing I would still be alive when she was reborn.” He let out a short bark of a laugh.

“It was only as I found her and started to rejoice that one of the damned messengers of the gods found me. He took a great deal of pleasure in informing me that she had willingly handed over the key to our chambers so I could be slain. So, to you both. You are not alone.” He gave me a strained smile and climbed out of the bath, and shook himself dry before reaching for a towel. “This conversation has become rather maudlin, I'm sorry.” He gave me another smile, and slowly left the bathroom.

A few tears slipped down my cheeks as I dabbed at them. I had still not fully gotten over Gnarl but having Erik with me was something that eased my suffering. I slowly washed my hair, enjoying my fingers as they diligently worked at my scalp. I rinsed and repeated a few times before washing the rest of the dried blood away.

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    Why in the name of the sweet Flame had I told her about Evangeline? I hadn't thought about that scared, bitter harpy of a woman in so long I had almost forgotten her name. I sat down on the edge of the bed, the towel wrapped around my waist, as I stared at my hands. I - thankfully I had stopped myself from telling her the full truth, that it had been that woman who had killed me the second time, when I was shocked and stunned by learning of what she had done. But still - Evangeline was an old, old scar, a wound on my heart I had let fade because the years had made everything numb.

But - but Camille, and this Nikita. They had lived through betrayal so recently, and the wolf spirit was at the least afraid to love. I couldn't blame them, and I couldn't fault the wolf for being wary or not liking me. No - all I could do was show that I would still be here, and that I would return despite the challenges that might arise. Most people would claim that they would die for someone to prove their feelings - something I thought quite stupid. Death was cheap, death was fast - it was over and done as easily as a blade pierced a heart.

No. If she wanted me to, I would live for her instead. I certainly had enough of that time to spare. Which was - an odd thought for me. To have a reason other than my sheer, unrelenting hatred of the gods to want to continue living. I'd clung to that hate for so long, used it to fuel my very sanity, that having another reason was actually a bit baffling to me. I sat upright and ran my hands through my hair, letting a drawn out sigh escape from my lips before I stood up.

The similarities between us were a bit boggling at times. Warriors both, with two states. She had better control over her change, but lot control to another spirit. I had only my skill preventing my change - if I died I changed and that was that. But, I suffered the loss of reason and an increase in anger. Not the same as hers, but an odd parallel. And the betrayal we both suffered - if I found the man who had hurt her…. I Would have to see how well my experiments in torture carried over to this world.

I looked up as the bathroom door opened and she glided out, her hair damp from the bath, but free of blood. “Feeling better then, sweetheart?” I slowly opened my arms for her, if she wanted to seek my embrace. She nodded softly, slowly climbing into my chest, “I am not over the hurt or love I have for him but you make it more bearable.” I nodded and held her gently.

“Wounds to the heart take the longest to heal, if they ever do. Just don't choose him over me and we’ll be fine.” I tried to laugh, but it was a terrible joke that fell flat even to my own ears. I held her for a moment, relishing her warmth, then let her go and stepped back. “Well. I think that's enough of that depressing topic. Did you have anything you wanted to ask me?”
    She hummed softly, pondering her thoughts.

“Do you know exactly how many times you have died?” I blinked. OK, I had not been expecting that, though maybe I should have. I sat down after a long moment, the bed shifting under my weight.

“I tried to keep track. It was easy at first, I died maybe once a century or so. Then the gods stripped more from me, making me weaker, and I died more frequently. I lost count after…” I trailed off. Then I took in a deep breath. “After a particularly bad stretch where I gave up for a while, and let anything or anyone that tried, kill me.” I rubbed the back of my neck as I laid back, staring up at the ceiling.

“I'd been alive through a few cycles at that point. Watched my world die, be reborn in flames, and watched people worship the gods who had them trapped in a false cycle. Over and over again. Eventually I recovered. Found a companion who had survived the gods trying to kill it, too. Then I hid myself away because my world clearly didn't need me. Until - until that bastard found me. The final champion of the gods. He struck me down, and it seemed the gods had had enough of me. He killed me, and before I recovered, I was banished here.” I couldn't keep the bitter hatred for that man from my voice. I didn't know if he even remembered his own name when he killed me, but I fell to his blade nonetheless. I rubbed my face and sighed,before rolling my head to look at her.

“Next question?” I grinned weakly.

Her cheeks collected a pink color which made me curious of the reason. “Do you have any children or just many lovers?” A school girl like giggle left her lips. I blinked slowly and sat up, raising my eyebrow at her.

“I had several lovers, then my wife then I was alone for a few centuries, then a few more lovers, then no one until you, sweetheart. As far as I know, no children.” I slowly stood up and stepped closer to her. “Is there another question on your mind?” Judging from the blush on her cheeks, I doubted it.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Camille Arianna Dark
    I sighed softly trying to find a way to ask this question without scaring him. “Do you ever want kids?” My question was indeed innocent but I did wonder because of the way he talked about his old world. He stared, his eyebrows disappearing into his hairline. I noticed that his chest wasn't actually moving - he wasn't breathing? Then with a shuddering gasp his body seemed to restart.

“I -... I… Can honestly say I haven't thought about it in a very, very long time. Once, I'd considered it, but I didn't want to have children born into that damn loop. This world - I.. Had not even thought of it. I don't know if I can? I..” He sat down, heavily, on the bed, and rubbed his face. Finally he looked up at me with a quirk to his lips. “I'll think about it. But - I want us, to be a sure thing first. I'd not raise children in a fractured household.” His grin was lopsided. “That means I - no, we. We will have to find a way to help you past your hurts. And a way to get Nikita to like me.” He laughed softly.

I frowned softly, “I- I didn’t mean I wanted to have kids with you right now Erik, I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page. I didn’t want to have feelings for you only to find out that after maybe being together for so many years that you don’t want to. I-I have always wanted to have kids, be a mom.” I smiled softly, the image of my own mother popping into my mind. He reached out and caught one of my hands and pulled me closer, but not down into his lap, not yet.

“Apologies. I'm not against it. You caught me by surprise, sweetheart. I've not thought of children. But I'm not against the idea - this world is a new life for me, and I would be a fool to just dismiss things out of hand.”

I walked over to him my hand landed on his cheek softly stroking it. “Please don’t apologize dear.” A small frown stretched across my plush lips. I kissed his other cheek softly before walking to the dresser and pulled out a sheer robe. I shrugged it n and tied it around my slender waist. I started to towel dry my hair.

“Sorry I caught you off guard, I just want to be on the same page with everything. I don’t want to be caught off guard again.” I gave him a sad, apologetic smile. I ran a quick comb through my honey brown locks before grabbing the bottle and my glass.

I made my way to the bed, climbing in and propping myself up with pillow. He laughed and slowly shifted back to curl one arm over my shoulders before he spoke.

“Camille, sweetheart. Everything about you catches me off guard. I find myself loving that. I didn't even think affection like this,” and here he squeezed me against him, “was even possible for me. The first people I met in this world were fighters and killers, all a bit mad. Then you decided to jump in on my hunt, and promptly flipped my world upside down. On the same page?” He grinned and leaned over to kiss me softly, lingering with his lips against mine for a long minute. Then he pulled back enough to break the kiss, but I could feel his lips move against mine. “You might as well be writing the book.” His forehead rested against mine as he smiled at me.

“I think you mean you jumped into my hunt,” I laughed softly kissing the tip of his nose. He snorted and shook his head.

“No no, see I attacked first so it was my hunt and I graciously let you help.” He shifted and settled back, leaning against the wall behind the head of the bed. My mouth fell open slightly and my eyes narrowed slightly. He grinned wider.

“Oh you handsome devil you,” I flicked his nose before sitting back in bed still glaring at him. He laughed and tickled my side with his fingers, his skin warm against mine through the robe. I sighed contently pouring myself another glass of the sweet yet harsh amber liquid.

I brought the glass to my lips, at first taking a small sip before a greedy gulp and licking the remnants of my plush lips. “So full of yourself,” I giggled softly.

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    I couldn't help it. I tried to keep the comment behind my teeth, but as she licked those full, lovely lips of hers, I knew I had lost the fight before it even began. I smirked. “I'd rather you were full of me sweetheart.” I snagged the bottle of brandy from her hands as she processed that, still smirking as I took a drink of the alcohol.

Her mouth fell open slightly being taken back by the comment, I assume she wasn’t expecting me to make such a bold comment like that. “Well, well.” Was all she could muster, stuttering slightly and ended up shaking her head. I grinned and took another swallow before handing the bottle back to her. Then I rolled myself off the bed and stood up, stretching before pulling off the towel that had been preserving my ‘modesty’. I draped the towel on top of one of the chairs in the room, then frowned as I realized that I - did not have undergarments like hers. Oh well. I would just have to sleep in the buff if we were going to sleep now.

I flipped back the covers on one side of the bed, covering her legs with them, and sat back down against the wall, and raised an eyebrow to her.

“My, my haven’t you just made yourself at home,” she giggled her eyes glancing down south before she licked her lips again. I shivered slightly - I remembered full well how that tongue and those lips felt. I rallied and grinned at her and made as if to stand up.

“Ah, I'm sorry, I should probably go find my own place to sleep should I?” I was moving slowly as I went to climb up.

“Oh don’t be silly, we have shared many things in the last twelve hours might as well add a bed to one of them.” She rolled her eyes at me laughing softly. I grinned before settling back down, and laced my fingers with those of one of her hands.

“And I for one am looking forward to continuing that.” It was…Strange to be naked near another person. Even considering everything we had already done, so many years of habit were not easy to erase. Still, she seemed to appreciate the view, if the way she glanced down was any indication. I brought her hand up to my lips and kissed her palm softly.

“You'd best be careful, sweetheart. I hear drinking too much can remove inhibitions.” I grinned, teasing her. We’d already done a fair amount of sharing our bodies, so there weren't exactly many inhibitions left between us in the first place. I settled her hand on my leg and began combing my fingers through her hair - it was quite soft and still a bit damp from the bath and it felt wonderful against my fingers.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Camille Arianna Dark
    I snuggled in closer to his warmth, today had been a trying day. I pulled the blankets closer around me, then drew small circles across his chest. Tracing his scars and more patterns, my eyes began to get heavy.

I hadn’t remember the last time I felt this serene, it had been such a long time. I was looking forward to sleeping in his arms. Wait, does he need to sleep? I sat up abruptly looking at him, my eyebrows arched. He followed me, sitting up and looking around rapidly.

“Wait do you even have to sleep?” Erik blinked, stared at me with raised eyebrows, and then let out his booming laugh. He actually doubled over laughing, and wiped a tear of amusement away. He laid back down and shook his head slowly.

“No, not really. Sleep serves to ‘reset’ me - it anchors me to where I will wake up if and when I die. Unless I need to do that, not really. And even that sleep is short.” He shrugged. “So if I sleep here, here is where I will wake up if I die. Otherwise, I think… It’s a field somewhere outside of town, the last place I did so.” He looked mildly thoughtful.

“So, will you just watch me sleep then?” My question was innocent yet curious. He tilted his head to the side, considering me. He shrugged, his muscles rippling with the motion.

“If you wish me to I'll stay here with you and keep watch over you. I'd planned to perform some maintenance on our gear, before wandering the town a little. I'd not want you to think me a strange stalker or something, waking up in the middle of the night to find me just sitting and staring while I think.” He looked at me with warm eyes as he smiled softly.

I smiled softly, curling into him a little more, “no stay.” I sighed my eyes started to get heavy again. I could feel sleep trying to claim me quickly. “Today was one of the best days in a long time for me, Erik.” He curled his arms around me a bit, and resumed stroking my hair as he settled down on the bed.

“I have to agree. This was…a rather wonderful day for me too, Camille.” I could feel his chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm - thought this close, I could tell something was off. There… Was no heartbeat? No, there it was, just, very slow. Very, very slow.

“Mmm, your heart beats so slooow.” I mumbled, my tongue clumsily tripping over it’s tired self. He let out a soft laugh that I could feel vibrate in his ribs under my head.

“I'm surprised it beats at all, sweetheart. Now shush, and rest. You need sleep. I'll keep you safe.” He admonished me gently, flicking my nose with his forefinger. Then he curled his arms around me, embracing me as I rested against him.

It didn’t take long before I was out, completely lip against Erik. My light barely audible snores. Perfect ending to a perfect day was all I needed.