EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile

[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi review

I was left a bit flabbergasted by what I've seen. Mostly, a very enjoyable film with great humour and a good plot but I feel I have far more questions than answers. The main ones that burn into my mind is:

What the hell was that all about with Snoke dying when he did?

Was that kid at the end of the film the next chosen one?

Where were the Knights of Ren?

How are they going to write Carrie off??

Overall, I probably score the film 7/10. Rey was vastly improved over the first. Phasma felt like a waste of time. Finn and Rose's section felt a bit draggy. Luke was entirely badass but I expected more of a reaction to his force manifestation by the others on Crait. That all said and done, they really did throw us for a loop. No way could anyone have predicted half of what happened.

I'm due for a second sitting tomorrow so perhaps I'll be able to absorb more.

Episode IX is going to be interesting.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 12-15-2017 at 03:42 AM.

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Not looking at the post (literally zoomed past it) but I'll comment with my thoughts on Saturday.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

EXP: 3,002, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next Level: 1,998
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,998

GP

Name
    :D
    Race
    Half-elf
    They could have cut 20 minutes out. But hey, new force powers. Star wars table top games rejoice!

Edit: Jesus Christ, the fucking fanboys. Settle the back down. Snoke went out like a bitch, disappointing. Luke died, not how I expected.

But what people don't seem to get is that Rey doesn't need to be related some Force user, she is the balance that the force naturally gravitated to. The slate has been sweeped clean, and it's ying and yang. It's about balance. Kylie is dark, she light, they will clash, and while the rebels fight the new order, they fight a battle of balance.
    Last edited by Venex Apara; 12-15-2017 at 05:40 AM.
    Oh look, another generic signature

Fun stuff
    - Cupcake box: here

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Stare View Post
    Not looking at the post (literally zoomed past it) but I'll comment with my thoughts on Saturday.
    Hence why I put a huge fucking spoiler tag in the title darling.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Venex Apara View Post
    They could have cut 20 minutes out. But hey, new force powers. Star wars table top games rejoice!

Edit: Jesus Christ, the fucking fanboys. Settle the back down. Snoke went out like a bitch, disappointing. Luke died, not how I expected.

But what people don't seem to get is that Rey doesn't need to be related some Force user, she is the balance that the force naturally gravitated to. The slate has been sweeped clean, and it's ying and yang. It's about balance. Kylie is dark, she light, they will clash, and while the rebels fight the new order, they fight a battle of balance.
    This.

I just don't think Kylo is good enough on his own to be the "big bad". Snoke had that gravitas and intrigue; a powerful dark side user with a fucked up body and plenty of caveats to explore. Seemingly, they have put an abrupt halt on that.

Kylo's story felt more about whether or not he would redeem, and the continuation of his conflicting light and dark. I don't think at this point he can now drop everything to the dark and be the next Palpatine or Snoke, not now that we have seen this much of him.

Boss Bathrobe getting punked like he did was hilarious.

The trilogy was never about him, so I'm okay with this.

EXP: 2,105, Level: 2
    Level completed: 4%, EXP required for next Level: 2,895
    Level completed: 4%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,895

GP

Name
    Erik Dranglein
    Boss Bathrobe (I am totally stealing that) was a throwaway. This whole thing - go look up Revan and Bastila. That's what they're using as source material for the Kylo/Rey conflict. Not exactly the same but you can see the influence.

And for the kid at the end: The Force Awakens. It's not just Rey. He's not the next chosen one, he's just a sign that the Force is moving across the galaxy, not just locked in the conflict.

For Luke's force presence: there's a fair chance that some people there did not realize what it was. Remember, the reveal that he wasn't actually there happened AFTER most of the people had run, following the crystal foxes.
    Last edited by Erik; 12-16-2017 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venex Apara View Post
    Also, this.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    The last Jedi is a good name for it as there are no true Jedi left now. Just Rey, and yeha Like basically said Rey is it but I reckon they are doing a whole grey Jedi arc now. Grey jedi are now that are, the last sith lord (Snoke) is dead, and so is the last Jedi master. Now you are left with Leia who can use the force but was never trained, Rey who is acting on instinct and Ben/Ren who is, let's face it, messed up and has no idea what he is himself.

I want to know about the Knights of Ren too. Luke said that Ben/Kylo left with a handful of his students, and I reckon they became the Knights. They are either dead, busy or maybe we're the Praetorian Guards (Snoke's bodyguards)? Dunno. That was missed out.

Snoke died because Ren finally realised that he's been manipulating him this whole time. And "Strikes down his true enemy" ... That was Snoke, he realised. They miss out where Smoke came from, and I'm annoyed with that, but sigh.

I loved it though, love the conflict in Ren, I've always loved Revan so I'm happy with it. Huge improvement on the first film. I reckon also with Leia they just used the plot they had filmed and they will have her die off screen between films. Only way really.

The kid is the new fighter for the new rebellion, the symbol of a spark of hope. He and his friends tell the story that sends people to start revolutions in their backyard, I reckon. Will get the allies all struck up and the next film will be set a few years later maybe?

My ideas anyway. Awesome film.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

EXP: 3,002, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next Level: 1,998
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,998

GP

Name
    :D
    Race
    Half-elf
    Rumor is that that after the next movie, they are going to focus on the old republic and the sith war, and THAT is something that I really want to see, seeing as we never did get a KOTOR 3
    Oh look, another generic signature

Fun stuff
    - Cupcake box: here