EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

Unrealized/ Abandoned Characters

What character ideas have you had for this site that never saw the light of day? What characters did you start making, were excited to RP and stuff, but never did?

Here's some of mine:
    • A dark elf teen, a girly girl but gritty assassin, who was part of an assassin family that protected a Spire family that was very wealthy and better off and respected as payment for their services. She would have been an excellently trained, although inexperienced, bodyguard and espionage agent. Due to her moral code she would of defected from the family and travelled the world. She was too sassy and stereotypical for me; although writing a dark elf would still be sweet. We don't have enough PC dark elves/ drows here.
    • The son of a Thayne and mortal (most likely human or elf.) He would be meek and awkward (like an ISFJ or INFP). The powers potentially inherited would have been difficult to work with. He also could of been a potential love interest for Fel and I've now learned that having my characters interact results in multiple solo's, closed threads, and incomplete disasters. (and writing males is just weird for me.) This concept has potential to be brought back, but under different means.
    • Werewolves. Too overrated.
    • I think Deirdre qualifies for this list too. Amongst other countless lvl1 maxed alts.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

EXP: 120, Level: 1
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next Level: 1,880
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,880

GP

Name
    Valino Darashan III
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    I've had a few.

• A shape shifting private investigator.
    • A pirate with a gypsy mother and dormant powers.
    • A disgraced prize fighter who lost everything when he pissed off the mafia.

Been reading a lot of love craft lately so I may bring one or more of them back
    Last edited by The Preacher; 12-19-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Innocence & Instincts

EXP: 29,359, Level: 7
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next Level: 5,641
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,641

GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    I have way too many to remember. I had 18alts linked to Shadow in 3.2 and never used any of them except maybe for one thread. I also have countless ideas I refuse to make real because I know that I'll never use them lol

Administrator

EXP: 87,404, Level: 12
    Level completed: 81%, EXP required for next Level: 2,596
    Level completed: 81%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,596

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    I had a few on 3.1 I never used.
    I have yet to think of what I'll do when Lye's dead.
    Maybe a guy that controls blood? My creativity is mostly shit.

I do have a little side project girl that's part Valkyrie. Has an affinity to frost and light. Dresses punk but is timid around strangers. Packs more punch than she wants to admit and would rather read books and collect weapons than harvest the souls of fallen heroes. Hates her father because he pressures her to fulfill her destiny as a Valkyrie. Slight rip-off from Odin Sphere/Valkyrie Profile.

Apathy Elemental

EXP: 114,186, Level: 14
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next Level: 4,814
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,814

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Briarheart

View Profile
    I tend to start characters here, but quickly abandon them and port them over to offsite projects. That's what's happening with Rumblehide, and to be honest Hype will probably follow suit.

The characters I've created on Althy that I gave up on altogether include Sweetie Todd Arwen (the Candymancer), a cyberpunk elemental, a spidergirl, a nagakin, a machinist with a steam-powered kitty, a detective that had a magic-powered deck of cards, and a couple others I've forgotten.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    The one I never made in the end was Alekto. I actually have the account made and loads of pictures. She was going to be an Erinyes, similar to/same as the Fates of Greek myths, depending what source you seek. I took them as being separate, bring those who serve in hell and help to weave the threads of life. They have wings, so can fly, are female and cry blood. They are thought to be furious warriors. Alekto was going to be an avenging angel type, with magic done through her flock of loyal black doves. And theme of weaving.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Abandoned Characters

Graham P. "Grampy" Mudd: WWII tank driver captured by Reich psy-ops scientists. His presence in Althanas was a solipsistic jaunt whereby he didn't actually physically exist there (all that was really left of him was a brain in a jar on some scientists desk), but his projected consciousness manifested a physical body. Armed with a trenching shovel.

Cadmus: drow alchemist, concoction maker. Armed with an atlatl. Liked to cast 'heat metal' on enemies' equipment. Got boring.

Ashpool: Metaphysicist, occultist, and charlatan. Had a bit of a Jekyll/Hyde thing going on. Story arc was way too canned, in that he was actually investigating his own nighttime handiwork. Got boring with a capital B.

Some silly cyberpunkish speed-addled character whose name I completely forgot. Gigantic waste of time.

Unrealized Characters

These manifested in D&D games, because they were just too damned fun.

Dent: Malfunctioning 4e Warforged swordmage/artificer hybrid (if you know how hybrids work, this thing was a riot). He was an über-tank with middling defenses but insane HP potential. He wasn't incredibly 'sticky' as a tank, but he just refused to die. Originally a janitor, he was obsessive about filth, and when overwhelmed he would attempt to sanitize everything in arm's reach by incinerating it. Noted for a bright orange 'roadside worker' paint-job, and a dented-in head-plate. He once was lost in a dusty library. It ended poorly for the library. In his spare time, he mopped a lot.

Scratch: Malfunctioning 4e Warforged warlord/blackguard hybrid. Though a machine, he was a murderous religious zealot to Bane (evil god of war and conquest) who had to spend most of time trying to corral his incredibly stupid janitor brother. Notable for a tattered black cape, and a massive scratch across his "face." Couldn't speak, but had a printer installed and communicated in 1337-speak and obscenities akin to THIS.

Ragborn: Bugbear barbarian. Fully utilized the bugbear "oversized" feat and wielded weapons in the 'large' category. Impossibly simpleminded, his main interest was collecting skulls for a trophy room. Tended to only get natural 20's on intimidation checks. There was a running gag throughout the campaign where he kept showing up in local news for his intimidation exploits: roaring at a 5 year old elf for touching his teddy bear, scaring an 80 year old out of a fatal heart attack, and terrifying a gargantuan crab monster.
    Last edited by Ithermoss; 04-23-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Canen Darkflight, period.

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Holy shit Ithermoss sighting!

I've had a few worse variants of Storm, starting with him being a noble, sword-wielding good guy. Yuck.
    I've had a few non-human characters that were made different races mostly to differentiate them from my main character, and they were really bad.
    I've had several thoughts and ideas for new characters over the years, but by the time I circle back to constructing something for them, they are just way less fun to write than the main character I made so they get left in the dust.

GP

Name
    Scratch
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Veritas View Post
    Holy shit Ithermoss sighting!
    Yeah, I lurk from time to time.

It's been a while, eh?