The guards blinked and looked at one another.

Shinsou and Josh exchanged a glance.

"He turned into... dust." A guard said.

"Dust, dust, dust, dust, dust, dust, dust," the chorus chanted from the eaves of the LCC builing.

"He just turned into dust," the guard sang rising on one knee in a shaky spotlight.
"And in that we must trust,
No need to be a-fussed,
He just turned into dust!"

The guard did a leaping sashay and a triple pirouette, his limbs at perfect angles. He was just a man who grew up a young boy in the xenophobic island nation of Lornius. He didn't need the trials of his people, or the heavy stereotypes that hung over the head of the young men there. All he ever needed was the dance.

"This is my moooooooment," He sang as he stride-leaped around the stage - I mean general vicinity.
"I couldn't be
More ecstatic to be singing
And dancing in front of such a crowd!"

What followed was surely some of the most beautiful dancing anyone had ever witnessed on Althanas. It bested Alina Espa'drina by a long shot. Leila the Succubus could not touch it. The ninja Kyosku Tetsoma looked awkward by comparison. Hyperion could not give a hug so handsome. It was stunning, startling, cloying, and breathtaking. Altogether it was absolutely indescribable, so all you get is a pile of adjectives and obscure references.

As the guard-dancer struck a splayed-leg pose at the conclusion of the number, his foot struck the pile of cards, sending them fluttering through the air.

There was a moment of silence.

"Ah feck," Storm muttered. "Game's ruined. Ah well. Anyone got any smoke?"