Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    Somehow.. I was not surprised that she had a superior. Or a master. She was - she was submissive. I'd seen that. Felt that. Wanted to use that. But like hell I would. She'd likely only come on to me at all last night because of the firewhiskey, and because it had been so long since her last time. She sure as hell wouldn't be kissing me again - there was no damn reason for her to do that.

“So. Find some way of getting messages to me, and then you shall be on your way to your base?” I tilted my head at her. She was squinting her eyes in the sunlight - she had consumed more whiskey than I had. I slipped my sunglasses out of my coat and flicked them open, handing them to her without a word as we walked through the streets.

She stared at them then took them and put them on. “Stop hiding your eyes. They look fine.” She muttered. I shook my head slightly - I'd worn those for years. I only refrained from them now because she, my current employer, was against them.

“Don't shake your head at me. I'm fucking right. Your eyes look good.” She glanced sidewards up at me. “Or what, you allergic to compliments? Don't get used to them midnight man.” I chuckled, once.

“About my eyes, I am rather unused to compliments yes. Otherwise, I have no real concern for them.” She had called me that several times now - midnight man. If I had to assign a name to her based on similar criteria - she was like the dawn, or sunset. Black eyes, faintly rimmed with gold, under a burning head of hair like the sun over the horizon. You know, I think I would call her that in my head. Dawn. Fit better than Scarlet to me. Not that I would ever say it out loud - I had a feeling I knew exactly who her ‘master’ was.

“Hmph. Well. Don't worry, you probably won't get any more from me for a while. Now where the hell is this damn thing.” Did a small town like this have an actual magic shop? Were they that common? I started looking around. I hadn't been paying attention - hold on where the hell was she going? She paused and looked over her shoulder at me. “The fuck you standing around for? Nobody is gonna be selling what we need out here. Come on, I know someone who should have one. Fuckin’ magic is pretty much outright banned here, unless you're one of the damn Empowered Priests.”

I followed after her. The priests - ah. I had forgotten. We were in Salvar, where those Ethereal Sway fellows came from. We tended to ignore them for the most part - we didn't mind their general message of magic being bad, but then again, they preached religious magic at the same time, which we didn't tend to care about in Alerar. She ducked down an alley - then paused and cursed. “Fuck. Shit, okay. You, come here.” She grabbed me and pulled me around, backing up against the wall and dragging me along so that I shielded her. Her fingers curled into collar and dragged me down. “I can't let these fuckers see me. There's a price on my head. So shut the fuck up and enjoy.” And then she buried her hands in the hair on the back of my head, and kissed me before I could react.

This

Fucking

Bitch.

I felt a mild burning on the back of my head - a warning not to pull away. But at the same time, she was doing her best to make sure I did enjoy this fucking kiss. Her tongue slid into my mouth, bloody from another bite, and wrapped, tugged, played and toyed with my tongue. It was working only slightly - because I was far angrier than I was turned on, even by the thought of her hurting herself to arouse me.

This damn bitch was kissing me again. You didn't fucking kiss people you didn't love. Who cared about sex, that was just functional stress relief. Kisses were actual, true intimacy, meant for couples, for those who were invested in each other emotionally. And while I did want this bitch to stay alive and not become a damn beast, I wasn't emotionally attached to her. I paused as her tongue wrestled with mine - oh hell, I was kissing back. Fuck.

She pushed me away with a hard shove. “They're gone.” Her eyes were on the street. “I swear I am fucking going to take down that fucking church.”

She sighed and turned back to me she must have noticed the anger on my face. “what? Don't like kissing?” She tilted her head. “abstinence? I mean- sure that's fine.”

“No. I do not care about sex. But that intimacy is for true lovers. This is the second time you have done that - desist.” I snorted and wiped away her blood from my lips - ignoring the addictive copper tang.

“Second?” She furrowed her brow. “I don't recall a first. Still. If that's how you feel that's fine by me. It’s not like I plan on doing it again. I think it’d piss Master off.” I couldn't quite read the look on her face as she turned away from me with a small sigh. “Look...I am…sorry.” Her voice was strained and clearly the apology was forced. I wasn’t sure she meant it. Still she had tried.

“I -... Thank you. It was not unpleasant, but for myself, I - even now, I feel that is for actual couples. And I am far from desirous of one of those right now.” My voice was soft. Another person might have reached out to her here, to reassure her - but not me. Down that route lay developing personal relationships, and those were not safe for an active hunter. I cleared my throat.

“We should move on before they return.” Her damn lips were too addictive. The kind of thing that would make a man fall.

“I do not do relationships on any scale. They're pointless. Friends, lovers, trusted accomplices? No use for that noise.” Her voice was quiet. I don't know if she was telling herself that, or me. Or both.

“For now, I agree.” And for the moment, I did. A relationship would come when I was ready to settle down from Hunting. And unless something happened, that wouldn't come any time soon.

She led the way through the alley, down to what looked like a decrepit store at a dead end turn. Red hair bounced, before she slipped inside, gesturing sharply for me to follow. I moved inside, to find her haggling with what looked like a literal hag. I paused, and tilted my head.

No, that really was a literal hag. Not just a woman who was a ‘hag’ but actually one of the demi-human race. Her teeth were pointed and stained red, and her lips never quite closed properly. Her eyes were solid milky orbs, focused on Scarlet as the two argued on price.

Then with a snarl, the hag handed over what looked like a small, solid gemstone. Scarlet turned it over in her hands she concentrated, and the gemstone glowed in her hands. She tossed it over to me as she took another from the hag. Her brow furrowed, and I felt the stone in my hand warm up. Scarlet gestured to my ear, and I lifted it up.

Is this damn thing working right, midnight man?” My eyebrows rose. Well. I certainly heard that, warm velvet softly sliding into my ears. Odd. And - that was her nickname for me, so it seemed like it was appropriate. I nodded. She grunted and tossed some money at the hag.

“They’re linked. If I call you got the choice to ignore it. If not…” her hand splayed out, “Poof. You’ll be there, it only works if we’re both holding it at the time.” She paused and turned the black coloured crystal over and over in her hand as though she were contemplating something. We had left the hags shop and were now standing in the alley.

“I doubt I shall ever need to ignore it, but thank you for the consideration.”

“I’m not sure if Master will appreciate this but…” she shrugged off the shoulders of my jacket and tugged down on her dress revealing her broken skin. In the sunlight, or what little sunlight managed to streak though the Salvaran clouds I noticed that it had a gray tinge. That was an unusual hue for humans, from what I knew -

She drew a finger down her skin to create a large gash that opened, then with a pained hiss she shoved the fucking thing in - what the fuck was she doing!? Her bloodied palm pressed it into her skin and a golden shimmer formed before she pulled it away. She had… she had healed her skin with it inside?

I frowned. That was - well. She would always have the means to summon me on hand. Hmm. I could probably do the same, but not where she would see. My thigh, perhaps. And later.

She didn’t seem too phased as she pulled the jacket back on. “What? It’d be encumbersome otherwise. Besides. They are a pair. If I left it sitting around anyone could summon you, and vise versa. It’s not like anyone will see it.” She stared at me my face still thoughtful as I watched her. “Oh…” She glanced down at my jacket, now stained in her blood. “It’ll wash out. Probably.”

I snorted, and reached out and grasped the edged of my coat. I popped it, and the blood that was collecting on it fell off and away. “I get blood on it often enough that I have had it treated to be repellant.”
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Scarlet didn’t see what the big deal was. To her, this was easier. It was better than Lye finding it - or Advencia, hell even Calleus. Scarlet was on a very, very tight leash right now and the fact that she had wandered this far from the compound was enough cause for concern for at least Advencia, whom had been charged with ensuring Scarlet was kept safe and away from...well.. Everything. Scarlet wasn’t even supposed to have left the Seventh Sanctum. Yet, here she was, shoving a stone into her chest so some stranger could come at her beck and call. And vise versa.

“So...how exactly do these work?” He asked, turning his own small stone around in his hand.

Scarlet pressed her back against the snowy wall of the alley. The cold from the stone tickled her back. “I said they’re linked. So the holder of one stone can do one of two things. One; the holder can create a telepathic link to the other for around five minutes. Give or take. Two; it can teleport one person to the other, and vise versa.” She paused and licked her lips, still tasting the salty taste of her blood. “In other words, we can call or summon each other- but if someone else gets a hold of it then- well, they’d be able to use it.”

“Wouldn’t that be dangerous for you to have it in your chest then?”

Scarlet shrugged. “It’d be more dangerous for me not to, with the company I keep. Sure you can deny the request but there is no way to tell who is making it. If My master saw I had something like this -” She paused. What would he do? Had he not told her to not be close to anyone? She had kept to that, almost religiously so. Still… she needed to make her contacts. She needed to cement allies for the Crimson Hand and furthermore for the Seventh Sanctum. Scarlet refused to allow herself to get close to anyone in that time. Nothing more than a mere business relationship, nothing more than a contract. Hell. That kiss was the first real physical contact she had from anyone in months. Not that it bothered her. It was simpler this way. Finally she sighed and said the likely outcome.

“He’d probably rip me apart then do the same to you. Course - I’d come back from that, but unless you aren’t telling me something. You won’t.”

“I - well. There are rumors about Moon-touched but nothing concrete. Perhaps. Something I will need to test in the future.”

She held out her palm and watched as snow began to fall onto it, melting the moment it hit her hand. “Even though I’m so cold it still melts. I sometimes...forget I’m human, yanno? That I’m a living being.” She mused to herself. Scarlet shook her head, small tendrils of hair covered her face as she disheveled it. “I should head back soon before-”

“MISTRESS!”

Too late. The small childlike voice screamed at her from the other end of the alley. Even with her tiny form shadowed, her back to the sun Scarlet know exactly who it was. There wasn’t a chance for her, nor Hunter to leave. The shop sat at the back end. The only way was forward. Toward the tiny and angry succubus. Scarlet groaned as she gestured for the man to follow.

Advencia was storming forward, her tiny feet barely making an imprint on the snow. Slitted eyes narrowed as her pointed tail wove frantically behind her. “What the FUCK!” She heaved her small chest pressed up high and almost spilling over the top of a white bodice. “What the ACTUAL Fuck!” She stopped a few feet short of Scarlet and stomped her foot. “Who the FUCk is that!?” She pointed to Hunter, then shifted her clawed finger to Scarlets Jacket. “Why are you wearing a jacket that reeks of him? Why do I smell your blood on him?” Her nose wrinkled and it looked as though she were about to launch herself. “Master is going to kill you! He’s going to kill me! Don’t you fuckin care!”

“Advencia. Stop.”

“What? Why the-”

Scarlet repeated herself, her words a stern clap against the raging fire of the demoness. “I said stop.” And she did.

The Huntsman folded his arms over his chest, white eyebrows rising as the two argued. At least he knew enough to stay quiet here.

“He’s a Hunter. Hell, that’s his name. We were just concluding a contract. The Crimson Hand is short on valuable people.”

“I can kill anything or anyone you ask me too!” Advencia hissed as she shot daggers at the Hunter. “I’m the best fucking assassin you have!”

Scarlet took a step forward and placed a finger under her chin, Advencia was half a head shorter than the redheaded woman. The close proximity caused Advencia to quieten down as her pale cheeks took on a rosy hue. “You are, but you are one. What if the faun bitch comes at us with an army of whores? What about the Tarot? We know they exist - we know they want us gone.” Scarlet paused and tilted her head, her thumb and forefinger pressed hard on Advencia and there was a faint murmur from the succubus as smoke rose from Scarlets fingers.

Scarlets voice took on a dark turn. “Or the remaining Ixian Knights come knocking for little Zero, the broken general. What if they took your little plaything away from you? Who would look at you with compassion?” Scarlet drew her face closer, “Who’d bother to love you if not he?”

Advencia’s eyes stung, bristling with tears. She opened her mouth to say something. “Y-you and Mast-” Scarlet cut her off by shoving her face forcefully back. “You’re a tool Advencia. Reel yourself in. Don’t make me mark you like he did.”

The fire in Advencia’s eyes died down and she shrunk right back from Scarlet. “You promised...you’d never use that on me your word is-”

“My word before I became Scarlet was from another woman. I’d rather not, but don’t force my hand. Why did you come here?”

Advencia shot Hunter another dark look then turned her eyes to Scarlet. “Y-you were missing. I know we shouldn’t allow you to leave the compound. You’re not meant to be going anywhere.” her eyes flashed down to Scarlets abdomen. “You should be on bedrest...Mistress…please you know what he would do if he found out you had left.”

“What I am doing is beneficial to the Sanctum.”

Advencia furrowed her brow. “I hate what you’ve become. You know he’s only keeping you alive because you have his child.”

“Such harsh words…” Scarlet hummed as she pushed the Succubus aside. “Such true and harsh words. If your goal is to hurt me then use your knife, you know I don’t have the emot-”

When prompted Advencia stepped forward, a tiny knife had dug into the side of Scarlets ribcage, between the third and second rib. “B-bitch…” Scarlet hissed “I’ll fuckin’ starve you.” She gurgled before she fell to her knees, then to her face. Dead in the snow.

Advencia flicked the blood off the knife then turned her eyes to Hunter. Despite just silencing Scarlet she stood over her body like a protective mother. “Who. The fuck. Are you and why do I smell HER all over your face! She’s OURS!” Advencia hissed. Angry tears dotted her craized eyes.

Advencia crouched, ready to strike at him. “I want answers. NOW!”

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    “Yes, she is. She is also twisted and not what she should be.” The demonling froze at my words. “I, small one, am the Huntsman. I am not an assassin, here to replace you. I am merely another blade in the belt. You, wish to remain near her correct?”

“You're damn fucking right I do you black-skinned bastard! And you aren't going to take her from me!” I raised my hands, empty.

“I do not seek to take her away, and do not care to. By having me in her employ - hers, not that of her master - she can have you remain by her side, sending me to slay things. While I can hunt and kill sentients, my preferred prey are Beasts, not man. That will likely remain your bailiwick.” The fiery thing paused and blinked, confused. “The things you are responsible for.” The explanation seemed to remind her of something. Her eyes narrowed.

“I'm responsible for her over anything else. So tell me before I fucking kill you too, why the hell you smell like her and why she's wearing your fucking coat!” She waved her dagger in my direction after stabbing it down into my coat, still on Scarlet’s body.

“I smell like her because she used me to hide from some of the Ethereal Sway that nearly saw her. She's wearing the coat because her clothes got torn up, and people were ogling her.”

“Wait - how the fuck did she hide using you that would - did she kiss your too tall fucking skinny ass?! No! She doesn't need anyone fucking else to come along and break her heart again! I refuse!” She snarled and lunged for me, dagger flashing. I blocked it with my left arm, the blade scraping against the stone, and threw her back. She slammed into the wall across from me and scrambled to her feet, snarling with rage - until my blade clicked out from behind my back. Her eyes focused on the jagged blade, and she paused. Good. She was at least smart enough not to attack someone who used a weapon she didn't recognize. Her eyes were trained, unwavering.

“Yes, she did. And she already apologized for it. I do not like that particular act - nor did either of us mean anything by it. She already told me I meant nothing to her.” And that pissed me off even more, who the hell kisses someone who means nothing to them? Even if I wasn't interested in a relationship something like that would hurt. And it had, but I'd shoved it away.

“That… blade. It’s got her blood on it.” There was an unnatural calmness to those words. Fuck. Fuck, no, don't fucking do it. “You hurt her.” This time, I barely saw the small demon move. One moment she had been standing there, staring at the Saw-Spear - and the next, I was dodging to the side, a dagger stabbing through the spot where I had been. If I hadn't had enhanced reflexes, I would have perished then and there.

Sweet moonlit night. She was actively trying to kill me, blade already drawn. Fuck, I didn't want to hurt her, she wasn't prey - but then, I wasn't her prey either. This wasn't the conclusion of a Hunt - this was just a fight. This wasn't like Philomel tracking me down - this was more like an angry child lashing out. With deadly force. And like an over active rabbit, she was springing around - and each time she lashed out, she was trying to plant her blade in a vital organ.. She was clearly well trained, and desperately trying to kill me.

Another lunge, and her dagger snaked out, trying to puncture one of my lungs. I twisted just in time to make the blade bury itself in my left arm. It scraped against the stone, and deflected upwards into my bicep, and I bit back a cry of pain. But - she was distracted. As she twisted the blade in my arm, her gaze shot over my shoulder, to where Dawn girl lay. I seized the advantage - and kicked, throwing the woman into a wall of the alley. The stone around her cracked.

“St-stop. Something’s wrong.” She dragged herself out of the wall and over to the body. Why the hell was she concerned? I’d seen the redhead revive, and hell, she’d killed her herself. She rushed past me, and slapped the body a few times, then flipped her over.

Advencia pushed scaler over and lifted the jacket then the dress and *his reaction to her booty and an intricate Sigil. “If she's not reviving on her own…..dammit scarlet don't you fucking care?” Advencia shot her eyes to me. “bleed. I need blood.”

I ripped the dagger from my left arm, and held my arm out. The demon girl grabbed my arm and held it over the body, and the fluid of my life fell down onto Scarlet’s back. Advencia smeared the blood over the sigil and it soaked in, and I raised my eyebrows as the sigil began to glow. Magic, of course.

“You were something great once...now you're just a monster.” Advencia murmured. “No one would ever love you. So why.. Why keep leaving us.?”

I found that hard to believe. While I was personally not interested in love right now - dawn girl was certainly attractive enough, and had pretty damn nice qualities. I doubted no one would ever love her. Of course, my opinion on that was twisted, because I was including her willingness to be cut and torn in that, and the taste of her blood, but hey. We sat there, watching - and Advencia was growing more and more concerned, biting her nails and shooting me angry glares.

She groaned and sat up. “dammit… I -” She leaned over and vomited black bile. Her body shivered. She looked worse for wear. Advencia stood and gave Amari a glare. “Why do you bother making these…. Connections?”

Scarlet was very quiet. Her head lowered. “I. Don't know why I bother…”

“Master is going to flay you for this. Fine. Whatever. When you're done here meet me at Reginald’s. I got a carriage to take us home. You - fuck you.” She glared at me and stormed off, as Scarlet slowly tried to get to her feet.

“You. Midnight man.” She stumbled to me and gripped my head and I saw -

I staggered back. Scarlet let out a snort as I shook my head slowly, trying to put everything together as I cleared away the grasp of memories that had wrapped around me. I stared for a long moment at Scarlet. She - it was a surprise that she tried to get close to anyone at all. But she wasn't trying to get close to me, was she now - no, we were allies. Not lovers, despite her insistence on kissing me. She started laughing, a bitter, cold laugh, and sat down heavily. “She's right. Connections don't matter. And it - it feels good to-”

“You - Dawn girl.” I cut her off, and black eyes flicked to me, staring. I didn't know if it was anger or confusion in her eyes. “We are not romantically entangled. But we do have a connection. You have recruited me - not your master, you. I am beholden to none but you. When you call, I will come.” I knelt down in front of her, and tapped her chest where she had inserted the stone. The demon child had not seen it, and even if she was flayed it was buried deep enough not to be found. “Speak, and I will answer. Call, and I will come.”

And she moon-be-damned started crying, bitter, angry tears that welled up in her eyes, and began rolling down her cheeks. They were tinted slightly black. “Lies.” I shook my head sharply.

“I do not lie, dawn girl. I am not - with no memories of a life before the school I am not a valid emotional connection. It seems - it seems I need to figure out where I stand in that regard. But as an ally, a comrade, I shall stand by you.” I stood up, and held out one hand to her. “Whether you accept it or not.” I owed her. She had - she had grabbed the false memories and torn them away, revealing the truth of my past to me. There was more there - but what, I didn't know.

She glared at my hand and pushed herself off the wall and without further word nor a look back at me she stumbled away, using the wall as support. Returning to a place I did not know and a place that I felt would only further crush what small semblance of emotion the woman had.

I sighed. And watched her walk away, shaking my head. Then I let out a slow breath, exhaling softly. Fucking fuck.
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    A Thing For Blood.
    No Judgement

Rewards:

The Huntsman receives:
    515 EXP
    80 Gold

Amari receives:
    880 EXP
    81 Gold

Inclusive of Amari's Noble Commerce ability.

If we act like prey, they’ll act like predators

Alyxandra Harvey
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    All rewards have been added.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.