EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile

Drunk Dial ( M )

The only time she felt any warmth was when she had a belly full of firewhiskey. The only time she didn’t feel so lost, so empty and aimless was with the golden alcoholic nectar. So that’s why she sat there with head on the table, barely conscious. A nearly empty bottle of the liquid lay on its side clutched tightly in a pale sickly hand.The place was virtually empty. The last of the patrons had long since headed upstairs to their rooms. The only other who remained was a rather annoyed looking barman who was mindlessly rearranging various bottles behind the bar.

It was late, well beyond nightfall and Scarlet had started drinking at some point in the afternoon. Her dull eyes stared listlessly at the amber bottle in front of her. This feeling. This felt good. She no longer felt numb.

Ah…

What a sight.

The mighty Scarlet. Woman who felled Madison Briarheart. Assumed leader of the Crimson Hand, assassin. Demon. Emotionless force of nature. Monster. She was all these things. But human? No. She wasn’t that anymore was she?

Scarlet snorted as her hand fumbled for something around her neck. It clasped onto a glass vial filled with ash. “Hey… hey Madison….” She tugged hard on it and it being an inanimate object gave no response. “Why d-did ya have to go and die like that? Coulda taken me with you.” There was a long pause and Scarlet grumbled. “You obviously didn’t try h-hard enough.” Her speech slurred as she pushed herself up. “Fuck you too.” She muttered letting go of the keepsake. A morbid reminder of her sins and the only remains of the one friend she ever really had.

And what a friendship it was, if one could even really, truly call it that.

The room swayed. “Fuck…” Scarlet pressed a hand to her head and pushed her crimson bangs out of her face.

“Hey….hey Hunter.”

She was met with silence. “Oh.” She pressed her finger to the shard of stone embedded into her chest. “Oi. Oi.. Oi”

Now that is an odd sensation what in the name of - ah! Dawn girl, is that you?

His voice echoed in her head and she outwardly groaned. “Yeh. It’s me…” she muttered aloud. “Come...come drink with me.”

Give me one moment to get some clothes on before you summon. Came the dry response.

Her eyes shifted down to her arm. Scarlet hadn’t bothered trying to hid the thick blackened cracks on her skin anymore. Not that she really could. Most clothes she wore would crumple and fade into nothing. She wasn’t adorned head to toe in black leathers, nor her red dress. No. Isabelles red dress. Instead she wore a long orange dress that shimmered in the dim light of the low burning oil lamps. It was enchanted to not rot at the touch of her skin. The material glittered and glided along with the ethereal sheen of magic imbued into its fibres. The dress had short sleeves and a simple collar. One that swooped just below her collarbones in a semi-circle. Nothing fancy. Nothing of import. It was just a necessity.

Scarlet slid a finger along her arm and watched a thick trail of blood follow suit. Pooling then drizzling down her skin. The woman pressed the stone in her chest and ignored the tingle of pain. “I’m bleeding.” She added knowing that it would entice him to join her. Then, with a flick of her finger to the black shard she summoned him to her.

By the moo-fine. But you're dealing with me without a shirt on. Do the summons - oh now that is an even weirder feel. A note of exasperation.

It was the first time Scarlet had used something like this. Would it work like Jake’s portal and a door would appear, or would he just poof into existence in a crackle of light and smoke?

It was neither. Instead it was like a ghost slowly appeared beside her, a hazy outline formed of black mist appearing at first, in the rough shape of the man, then it slowly coalesced, thickened - filled in. True to his word, he had trousers on - but that was it. His arms were folded over his chest, obscuring the thick, ropey scars that ran across his torso.

“You rang?” He seemed amused by the nonsensical words.

Scarlet barely paid him any mind and waved the empty bottle toward his direction. “Get the-get the bartender to get...more…come sit.” She gestured to the empty place in front of her. There was no chair. “Find chair...drink…” The movements caused more blood to flow from the diagonal line across the top of her arm.
    Last edited by Amari; 12-30-2017 at 08:37 PM.

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    One of the few bad habits that I allowed myself was sleeping close to nude if I was in a place of civilization. Whether or not I had taken the opportunity to sate my body’s physical desires, I enjoyed being freed of the confines of even my relatively loose and well fitted clothes. So when dawn girl called me, demanding I come drink with her, I'd tried to put her off long enough to get dressed.

Then she said she was bleeding. Which normally wouldn't have done much to entice me - I was too far away to appreciate the blood so I didn't care. It did concern me though, because most alcohol, including the firewhiskey that she adored, was a potent blood thinner. And I'd seen that her revival ability didn't always work properly - fuck, what would happen if she bled out and no one who knew how to help her was nearby? So I sighed as I had barely had time to get my pants on and grab the rest of my things before I felt the strange pulling and tingling feeling emanating from my right leg.

Dawn girl looked like shit. The black lines running across the exposed parts of her body were even worse now, thicker and darker, likes cracks leaking out the corruption inside of her. By the moon, what had happened to her to push her this far down? I folded my arms over my chest as she waved drunkenly, ordering me to get booze and a chair. As blood fell from her arm. Fuck, she was too out of it to appreciate the pain, I bet. Ugh.

I strode over to the bartender, who had been doing his best to ignore me. I fished out some gold from my pocket and dropped then on the counter. “I need the cleanest rag you have, and more Yurik’s Firewhiskey. Then you might want to take a break and sit in the back room.” the man stared at me, then nodded. He bent down and I heard a lock click, then his hand came up holding another bottle of the distilled, powerful booze. He stood back up and searched around before he found a rag that looked clean. He ran it under a faucet for a moment, wetting it down, and I took both rag and bottle back over to dawn girl - who had to have picked this golden dress to reinforce that nickname - hooking my foot around the leg of a chair and kicking it into place near her.

“Hunter…” she crooned, reaching out to the bottle. Her eyes shifted to me. “I’m surprised you came.” She paused and held out her bleeding arm to me, “See, told ya. This doesn’t hurt though.” She stared at her arm and her eyes furrowed. “Probably would be better if it did.” I thunked the bottle down just out of her reach, and took her wrist in one hand, drawing her arm closer. I was right, she was too drunk to relish in the pain properly. Or - she needed a lot more than one small cut to feel. Either way - I was right, her blood was flowing a little too freely.

While that disgusting torture demon would probably never have cared, I didn't enjoy my partner or plaything bleeding out. Not because of alcohol, at least. So I wrapped the rag around the cut, swiftly tying it tight and binding the wound.

“You’re no fun.: She muttered with a huff. :”Sit…” She pulled my chair right up against hers. I snorted.

“Of course I'm no fun. You didn't even remember kissing me last time you were this drunk. Despite being a sadist, when it's for sex I'd prefer intelligent consent, not..” I trailed off and sat down in the chair, my legs on the outside of hers from how close she had brought it.

“I like being this way.” She said, “This is warm.” She snorted. “Sides, I have an easy out to sobering up…” She drew a finger across her neck and a thin red line appeared. Barely breaking the surface of her skin. “Dead. Boom. Revive. Hangover cure. At least, I think.” I stared at her, slowly tilting my head to the side. She was different this time - more… Morose. I poured a glass of whiskey for both of us, and sat back, slowly sipping on it.

“I came because you called me, like I told you I would. But - dawn girl what happened.”

“Well that was fuckin’ stupid.” Her eyes glanced up and down my form. “You’re a hunter and you come at my beck and call for a drink?” She shrugged as she nestled her back against the chair and sighed. “I killed the only person that considered me a friend. She wanted to die. Friends to the end, right?” Scarlet asked as she turned to me. “And yet I’m still here. Ugh…”

She pushed the glass away. “I’ll sober up if that pleases your gloomy ass. Your skin is already the colour of charcoal, do you really need to be a moody shit to boot?”

Instead of responding right away, I filled her glass back up and pushed it over to her. “You're right. I am a Hunter. But I'm also your ally.” I'd gone to the tit faun when she wanted to talk, and I was checking in on the dhampir because she'd asked for it. If dawn girl needed someone to drink with after -

After helping a friend commit suicide, I couldn't blame her. Nor could I fault her. That was - not an easy situation to handle. Especially not after everything she had been through, and that was just based on what she had shown me. I sighed.

The glass broke in her hand and she laughed at it. “It’s a good mix.” She mused. “The warmth of a belly filled with alcohol...the tingling burning of pain…” She began to pull the shards out of her hand one by one. “I’m not in a stable state Hunter...I probably shouldn’t have...ah...called you.” I snarled and reached out, taking her injured hand in mine, and pressed my thumb in, hard. Then with a twist and a flick I shoved a large shard of glass from her palm, ignoring the fact that my rougher method probably hurt a lot more than just pulling them out. She grumbled but didn’t pull her hand away. Instead she splayed it open for me. I started working the other shards out in a similar manner, digging my thumb under them and shoving them out as I spoke.

“Wrong, dawn girl. You called me because you knew you shouldn't be alone. And I promised you that I would come - and I am a man of my word. I told you I would stand at your side if you needed me. Helping you is not something I am adverse to.” With a shove the last shard popped out.

Then, she pressed her head to mine. “Why’d you stop?” she grumbled. I raised an eyebrow. “I’m fine with being alone...just make me feel more things.” Without a word I slowly pressed my thumb into the largest cut on her hand, scraping my nail against her flesh as her blood ran down out hands. Her head fell from mine to my shoulder as she slid back into her seat with a satisfied hiss. “Better.” She mumbled.

This woman. If I was more sexually driven I would probably take her to a room right now. Instead I just forced my thumb in deeper, using more strength to tear through the meat and flesh - until my nail dug against a bone. I scraped, then slowly drew my hand back, staring at her. I sat back myself, and ran my hand up my face and through my hair, staining the black skin and the white hair red with her blood.
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    She screamed and writhed, twisting her arm as he dug deeper into her flesh. It went from a mild sting to a burning to a sick and twisted feeling of perversion and agony. Scarlet gasped and a pained groan fell from her trembling lips as he dug deeper still. Then, when his finger scraped against her bone she bit down on his dark skin to stifle another pained cry. Tears stung her eyes and fell freely down her cheeks. That was one way to sober the fuck up.

He pulled away and Scarlet drew her hand to her chest. “What..t-the fuck!?” She breathed, face flushed as she pressed her good fingers to her injured hand. A golden glow danced across her skin and healed the wound. “Did..did you scrape against my f-f-fucking bone?” She shivered, her body going into mild shock. Among other things. Fuck you and what you did to me Aurelianus.

His hand fell from his hair and he raised an eyebrow. He looked just slightly demented with her blood across his face and in his hair - not that he seemed to mind.

“For fucks sake Flan…” Scarlet grumbled, feeling a little more alert right. “I wanted to feel something, not fuckin get all hot and bothered…. Fuck…”

“What did you call me? Flan? The hell is that? I'm not a dessert, dawn girl.” He snorted. “At least not that you'd know, despite that bite.” His fingers trailed against the bleeding wound on his shoulder - huh. His blood was a shade of purple. Scarlet instinctively licked her lips to try a taste of anything that remained. Nothing. She tasted nothing.

“Fl’ayn or ...or however the fuck you pronounce it I don’t give a shit..” She muttered This wasn’t….this wasn’t exactly going according to plan, but what plan did she have? Before now she had just been drinking to warm herself up to try and feel something, anything. The Drow froze, his silver gaze locking onto hers. His mounting fury evident in his scrunched features.

“What.” His words came out in a trembling whisper, as his knuckles tightened.

“Oh? Is that taboo too?” She asked leaning forward. “Like what was it? Kissing?” She snorted and pulled back. “Tell me these things, I’m not a fuckin’ mind reader.” She found the irony in the words, considering that’s pretty much what she had done when she tried to pull his memories out.

“I did not tell you because you were not supposed to even know that name.” Huh. Looks like along with his blood being purple, his blush made his skin change hues to a more purple color than black.

“Oh. Well. Tough shit.” Scarlet swayed as she pushed herself to a standing position. This wasn’t right. This man, this sadistic Hunter. He had ideals. He had hopes. What better way to get rid of him now than to rip off the bandaid?

Waves of red cascaded over her shoulders as she pulled her hair forward. “F-Fl’ayn, right?” Scarlet pushed herself closer to him, her body hanging and swaying over his.

“Fil’ayn. “ He hissed. “If you're going to say it, say it right.” His eyes flashed.

“Fil’ayn..” Scarlet repeated. “What a sight you are. Tell me, hows it feel to be owned? Coming at the drop of a hat?” She didn’t give him time to answer, “I could tell you...course….” A thin finger trailed the outline of his jaw and parted his skin. Scarlet watched with dark eyes as his violet blood dripped down her finger.

She leaned in closer.

“You...already know that.” She whispered into his ear before pressing her lips to his. A forbidden action. Something he hated. Loathed. Just like he seemed to loathe the use of his name.

Just like everyone hated her.

Yes.

Just like everyone else.

It was the way it should be.

So why?

Why the hell wasn't she being forced away?

She opened her eyes, to see him staring at her. She drew back, confused - this was supposed to infuriate him, drive him away. It was the things he hated - his eyes still trembled with suppressed rage, she could see it, could feel the tension in his body as his hands splintered the wood of the chair.

Scarlet gripped his shoulders as her hands burned into his flesh. “Why don’t you hate me?” She spat. “Like everyone else. Why the fuck do you sit there and let me fuckin’ taunt you like some whipped fuckin’ dog?” Then she choked as dark fingers shot up and coiled around her throat, pulling her close to his face - not a kiss, but so close she could feel his breath against her skin.

“Because, you drunk bitch, I don't hate you. I fear for you. You call me a whipped dog? I’m a Huntsman, a hound meant to be unleashed to kill things. Such an insult means nothing to me.”

The feeling of his fingers tightly coiled around her throat...was reminiscent of when she was first taken in by Lichensith Ulroke. The time where everything changed for her - both for better and for worse. Her hands reached up to grasp his wrists. His long arms extended far beyond her ability to push him away. She tilted her head back to garner some breathing space, a trembling breath fell from her lips.

“No. It does mean something. It means you accept there is a connection between us. One you forged yourself, and you'll find it hard to break. A lot harder than you expect - I've seen what happened to you, I felt it. And I felt the terror and pain, the sheer fear and loneliness.” He spat, and shoved her away, letting her fall to the floor as she struggled to regain her breathing.

“I’m sober...enough to know you’re...a fuckin...ass…” she muttered as she rubbed her neck. She didn’t look at him. How could she after that?

“I cannot afford the luxury of connections beyond those that tie me to my Master.” Scarlet said as she finally pushed herself to her feet. “You included, Midnight Man.” He snorted, and rubbed his shoulders - and she saw that the brands where she had touched him, burned him, were fading into faint scars already.

Her eyes narrowed. “Someone’s gotten stronger.” She reached out and took his wrist roughly in her own, pulling him to her as she inspected it. “Interesting. Look…”

She took a deep breath. The whole ‘grinding against her bone’ and ‘choking’ thing was working the alcohol out of her system and something else into her system. Things she shouldn’t be bothering with.

“I’m going up to my room, You can either stay there on the floor. Or sleep in the barn.” She said as she let go of his hand and turned toward the stairs, still with a slight sway to her step. “THis was a mistake. I never should have reached out to you. Nor made that contract - maybe I should pull this fuckin’ stone outta me.” She paused on the stairs and turned to look at Hunter.

“Or is that something you’d rather do, with your fuckin’ bone grinding fingers?”

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I shook my head once. I was not going to help her in pushing me away. Because - well, at this point, it had become somewhat obvious to me that that was exactly what she was trying to do. That was the only reason I could think of why she would continue to do things she knew infuriated me - at least this time her kiss had stayed somewhat fucking chaste. I slowly stood up from my chair, and looked down at the blood and the booze scattered around. I grabbed the bag with the rest of my gear - with the Saw-Spear hanging off of it - then picked up the bottle of still untouched firewhiskey as she snorted at my ignoring her. She stormed up the stairs, and I calmly walked up behind her.

“What, so you don't want to fucking sleep in the damn barn then?” She shot back over her shoulder. I gave her a cold smile, not that she saw it.

“What hound leaves their mistress’ side?” I quipped - and watched her stumble. Good. Get thrown off by me. Despite your best efforts to date you haven't gotten rid of me, dawn girl. And you don't want to. You know where you stand in relation to me - you're my boss, and you call me when you need me. And in exchange? I'm watching you, watching over you. If I think you've fallen too far and become a Beast, I'll be the one to put an end to it.

So stop trying to screw that up with kisses and using my fucking name. I'd figured out that she learned my name when she did that dive into my memories, trying to pull up that shit from my past. It's the only place she could have learned it - I've certainly never said it where anyone on this damn continent could hear it. She opened the door - and paused in the doorway. I could tell she was trying to think of whether or not to shut me out.

She sighed and left the door open, she walked in and kicked off her shoes before approaching a disheveled bed. So she had stayed here for more than a night? Considering the abuse she must receive it didn’t surprise me. She sat on the mattress. “I’m not even that tired, but sleep…” She turned to the dingy and chipped side table by the bed. “Sleep is calm, and after what you did to me, fuckin..rilin’ me up like that. I could use some calm.” She reached over and opened the single draw with great effort and pulled out a glass jar of….pills?

It was a stark contrast, in her waking hours she was strong, cold and callous. I had no doubt she was the same back home. I gently set my pack down near the door, by the wall, and moved over to her. She tensed up and tried to resist me taking the jar away from her but when I turned my steady gaze into her she paused, hesitating, and I took it.

“What, now you won't even let me get my fucking calm you damn ass-” She froze when I popped the jar open with a simple twist of my wrist. “What?” I let out a deep sigh. She was so terribly suspicious of everything, so hostile. It seemed she really didn't have anyone she could rely on. But considering that the only other person I had ever seen near her was that demon who immediately killed her, and told her that her master would flay her…

I couldn't blame her. “How many.” Her head snapped back, staring at me with wide, black eyes.

“What, now you're fuckin’ babysittin’ me, won't let me -”

“Just tell me how many you need to sleep. You fought to get that drawer open. While I would thoroughly enjoy following up on that statement about me riling you up,” and it looks like that bone thing was not too far, “right now, you need someone you can actually rely on far more than either of us need to sate our bodie’s desires. Now. Tell. Me. How. Many.” I growled these last words out, stepping up into her space, towering and looming over her as she shrank a bit on the bed.

“Tw-two.” I nodded and removed the two of the pills, then closed the jar and set it down. She looked confused when she held out her hand and I ignored it - until my strong fingers dug into the spots where her jaws met, and I forced them open. Tears of pain stung her eyes as I leaned over her.

“When I take you, like you demanded me to, it is going to be entirely memorable, and you will not have a haze of alcohol to stop you from feeling. Now, swallow.” I had shoved the pills into her mouth and closed her jaws with a loud click. She looked like she wanted to argue, to say something but I just glared at her - and she swallowed.

Good. I was not going to ever tell dawn girl the contrast between the strong, dominant and cold woman in the day, and this submissive little girl at night was getting to me. Ever. Instead I shoved her down into the bed, then threw the covers across her.

“Sleep, dawn girl. I will be here when you awaken.” She glared at me, but the pills were already taking effect. Despite the - some mix of anger and arousal- in her face, she soon drifted off to sleep. I shook my head slowly - then took a long, long drink from the bottle of firewhiskey. I set it down outside of the room, then went downstairs to clean up at least a little. No need for the poor barman to think us complete savages. I also left another gold to pay for the glass dawn girl broke.

Back up at the room, I pulled on my dark red shirt, then slowly sat down in one of the chairs in the room. I'd not much else to do at this point - I'd already had enough sleep by the time she called me, but I had told her I would be here when she awoke, and I had no reason to break that word.

What I was not expecting, was for her, in the middle of the night, to slowly crawl out of the bed. I watched, confused, as she slowly stumbled over to me, dragging the blanket with her, and sleepily shoved my legs down - then climbed into my lap, and curled against me. She nestled into my arms as I stared, confused at her. Then I blinked. The cracks - those dark, ugly cracks along her skin. They were.. Ever so slightly. Closing?

A member of the NevCrew:

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Scarlet woke with a start. Her eyes wide as she went to pull her sword from her side only to realise she did not have it. Not only that but she- she… she felt warmth. Scarlet looked down and saw a pair of dark skinned arms loosely wrapped around her waist. She was nestled comfortably in Hunters lap. A smeared of gold against bitter black.

When did this happen? When she was asleep? It was common for her to curl up against lye or to even sleepwalk to the fireplace back at the sanctum. Maybe she was subconsciously seeking warmth.

His arms tightened for a moment, and he blinked, silver eyes opening a bit as he cleared the traces of slumber away from his eyes.

“Ugh.” Scarlet pushed away from him and stood. She ran her hand down her clothes to smooth them out. “Still here. You know I don't expect you to keep your word for something so trivial.”

She turned to rest her eyes on his. Slitted silver glinted at scarlet from beneath silky white waves. He truly was like the night sky. She had called him. So she should use him. “Since you're here… did you want to go on a Hunt? May as well not make this a useless encounter.”

“I do not think it trivial. I keep my word to you.” He slowly stood up and rubbed his face, then paused to look at her. “I do not think it was useless. But - you know I am always up for a hunt.” There was an odd note in his voice. Considering. Pondering something.

“Why gold?” He tilted his head down at her dress before he began pulling on the rest of his gear, his head turned so one pointed dark ear was trained in her direction.

“Huh?” Scarlet glanced down. “To be honest, I would normally have gone for red, but I’m a little sick of always wearing that. Green...doesn’t seem fitting for a monster who destroys everything she touches. So gold...seemed adequate.” Scarlet arched her back and it cracked. “You seem….” She paused trying to word it correctly. She was concerned, but she dare not voice as such. She dare not try to dwell on how his downcast eyes made her want to snap them back to their glaring selves. She couldn’t. She couldn’t allow such a thing. ‘Don’t get close to anyone from your past. Don’t make connections to anyone. Don’t get close to anyone’ Those were her Masters words. It was not a tool's job to feel. Scarlet shook her head and sighed.

“You’re..not you. Not that I really know you but if memory serves - you appear more distracted. Down. If you’re distracted I don’t want to go hunting a dragon. What’s gotten you into a mess?”

“Nothing, dawn girl.” He stood up, sliding his coat back on - and the conflict in his eyes was gone. They hard and silver once more. “I - no. It's nothing you need to concern yourself with. Not now.”

She tried. By the Thaynes she had tried. She wasn’t going to press him further on his own feelings. She’d be mighty pissed if someone tried with her. Not that she was allowed to feel. She had to keep pressing those things down. “Not now?” Scarlet shifted and turned to him with crossed arms. Silently staring at him with her blackened eyes. A few moments passed.

He turned to stare at her. For a moment it seemed like he was going to say something - and she didn't know if she wanted him to. Because - it seemed like there was concern and warmth in his eyes. Then he closed them, and their hold on her broke.

“Last night… I may have drunk summoned you. I’ll refrain from doing so in the future.” She muttered turning away, it may have been best if he did hide those eyes. She knew she would not be the only one bewitched by them and she bet the bastard knew what power they had now.. Not another Lamont, Not another Shinsou, Fenn or Taka.. .

“You will summon me whenever pleases you. And I will come.” He picked up his curved, jagged, folding blade and tucked it away - then put on his hat and pulled up his mask. The Huntsman paused, studying her for a moment. “I will come.” Then he moved to the door, ready to open it when she was ready herself.

“Right.” Scarlet said, she wasn’t sure how to react to those words. How to say she didn’t believe them. That she was just as much of a tool as he, perhaps more so. “You came when I was drunk, that is definately merit to you. Let’s go - I’m hungry.”

They headed down the creaky ill-lit stairs and found themselves in the same open area they were in the night before. This time they were not alone, a few couples were dotted along the tables - lovingly chatting to one another. Others had patrons of all sorts. An alchemist in the corner feverishly choping up some sort of herb to shove into bottles, an old lady loudly eating a bowl of porridge and two laughing courtesans regalling in their previous nights adventures.

Scarlet took the same seat in the same far corner as last time and sat down along with Hunter. Before long they had ordered a hearty meal of bacon, dried goat-heavily salted, eggs, and bread. Things that Scarlet rarely got to enjoy so far into the Northern Wastes.

She ate silently. As did her partner. What was she to say to him? Finishing the bite of goat she pursed her lips. “Hunter.” He paused and looked up at her expectantly. One white eyebrow arched up.

“If you are going to work for me. I will offer you this honesty. I work for another - and my freedoms are small and rare. I’m not meant to do ….” She gestured to him and to the table before them. “THis. I’m not meant to socailise. I’m not meant to enjoy such lavish luxuries. Especially of late. I am not given the carefree dreams of a human. I’m a tool.” She set her knife down and continued. “In saying that - I will call when needed, and if you need me you can try. I may not be able to answer as freely. Hell-” She scoffed as she shifted her eyes away from his. “I may not even exist if things continue the way they are.”

He studied her, setting his utensils down and folding his hands together. He was silent for a long few moments, and she began to shift under his steady, unwavering silver eyes. “You know I wander far and wide. I even have plans to travel down to the peninsula, to see what beasts roam there. Dawn girl. If you ever need me, I will come no matter where I am. If you ever need to get away - let me know, and I will summon you to me.” His fingers began to drum against the back of his hand. “I am - I am your ally. I understand that you have a master. And I remind you - I am not beholden to him. You, are my concern, and the one who I answer to. Make of that what you will.” Then he returned to calmly eating, though his eyes did return to her still form from time to time.

“I cannot leave.” She did not have that luxury. She did not, could not, and would not leave Lichensith Ulroke. And what if she did? She’d go galavanting around Althanas with a man slaying beasts whilst she was carrying a child? Absurd. The notion was completely absurd. This man held no regard for her, nor her to him. They were just contracted to each other for convenience. It’s why he didn’t tell her what troubled him, and it was why she would continue to keep her distance.

“Your memories. Are you faring well knowing your life is a lie?”

Well, those words fell from her mouth without her realising and in the worst possible way. Scarlet never had any tact, even before she lost her sense of humanity. She cleared her throat and continued. “You shouldn’t dwell on it. You’re better off without the lies.” Good job Scarlet, +1 for trying.

He paused again, and slowly looked up at her. The utensils were set back down, and he rested his chin on his palm, studying her. It made her feel like she was under a magnifying glass - an intense, unwavering gaze. They softened slightly. “I - am still coming to grips with it. That is, sixty years of my life, gone, revealed to be nothing but falsehoods covered up by a surface patch job. Even though you are right - I am better off without them - it is hard, to lose more than half of one’s life.” He shook his head.

“Make up for it then.” She said matter-of-factly. “You have your strength, your will, and you have something they can never take back from you. Knowledge. You know the truth now. Use that against whoever, or whatever did that to you.”

This. This was what she knew, freeing people from the shackles of falsehoods. This is what was beaten into her, Lyes ideals. Aurelianus’ maddening and erotic sense of anarchy. This was familiar territory for her. Scarlet straightened her back. “Use that then take them down.”

“And what do I do, when one of the things they ground into me, was never to form a connection?” He raised his eyebrow. “Not saying here and now, you. But - they never wished me to have a connection at all.”

“Then.” She paused. Shit. Back to this? “Then we have that in common, Fi’l- Hunter. We have that in common.” His eyes widened at the slip, then he nodded once. Considering something.

“I suppose so.”

Scarlet pushed her chair away. “Unlike me however, you are not beholden to that. Create those connections. Find a lass.” She paused. “Or man who tickles your fancy. Get laid, have a family. Bury yourself in the belly of a giant snake - which fuckin’ hurts by the way.” She smirked at the recollection. “Anyway, that ‘conection’ thing. That was what they hid from you right?”

Scarlet approached him and crossed her arms, staring down at him. Even seated it was a feat to look down upon the tall as fuck drow. “That doesn’t apply to you anymore. Do whatever the fuck you want.”

“No. They hid that I had nothing. I have no fucking clue what happened in the sixty years that are missing.”

Scarlet thought the answer obvious. “Then find out.” And with that she turned away, “I’m done. I’ll be outside when you’re ready. If you’re up for it we’ll head East - there’s a young dragon who I want to slay and my expertise is in long range combat. So I’d need someone good with close range.”

Scarlet glanced over her shoulder at him, “Let’s just hope you don’t get the dragon all hot and bothered too whilst you do it.” She gave him a smirk before leaving him to finish his meal

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    As far as I knew, she was the only one I had ever gotten ‘hot and bothered’. And I couldn't exactly tell her that what I was thinking about was the fact that making a connection, and being close to someone, seemed to be the best way to fight her corruption. She hadn't looked down, hadn't examined herself - but to my eyes there was a clear difference in the size of the cracks. Not a significant one, not yet - but a difference nonetheless.

But. But making a connection went against everything I had been trained to do. So like her - I couldn't afford to. I sighed and stood up - I'd lost any appetite for salted goat. I headed outside after her-and ran into her, where she had stopped. To prevent her from falling over my arms shot out and wrapped around her, holding her to me. She felt small, and cold, and my arms tightened. Shit. Hugging her was the right idea - both to keep her from falling, and because it felt more right than I wanted to admit.

The parts where her dress didn’t shield me… the parts of her exposed skin and arms it burned. It was a contrast to the cold I could feel. And - well. I held tighter, shifting so she wasn't about to fall. Damn. I didn't want to let go - not with her trembling and burrowing into my hold. This was what you were supposed to do, right? Hold someone so they wouldn't fall?

“I didn’t think I was your prey this time, Midnight Man. Why are you doing this?” Despite saying that - she wasn't trying to get free. I paused. Damn it. Connections were for after you were done being a hunter. As nice as she felt in my arms - not yet. I let her regain her feet, then let go, and straightened up.

“I - did not want you to fall.” And still don't. But you haven't realized that just being close is helping you. I took a deep breath. “So. Dawn girl, lead on. To a drake.” She stared at me, thinking - then turned and headed out of town, walking towards the East. I pulled my hat off my head and ran my fingers through my hair - and followed.

-----

We’d traveled for nearly an hour in silence. After a certain point into the trek she had turned to me and told me to hunt - because she didn't know the young dragon’s exact location, just the general area. So, now, I was leading, silver eyes flicking and scanning. I had the Saw-Spear held, already out, in one hand - if we ran across the dragon suddenly, then we would have a slim chance of getting the drop on it. It would take a considerable amount of force to punch through even a young dragon’s scales - not that I minded. A Damascus blade, with my enhanced strength, was up to the challenge.

“She spoke, for the first time since I had let her go and she signalled me to follow. “You know. I wasn’t falling.” I turned to look at her, she looked thoughtful. “Be upfront with me Hunter. I’ve no time for lies. I won’t ask for clarification this time, but will not be lied to.”

She gestured with her chin for me to turn back around. I paused. Had I lied? I frowned. Ah. “I ran into you. Thought you would fall, so I grabbed you. As for why I hugged you after that - pure selfishness.” Then I turned around and pressed on. I froze.

That - had been a flash of gold ahead. “Dawn girl. What dragon are we hunting out here?” This was a rather crucial detail that I had neglected to ask ahead of time. I heard fabric shift behind me.

“Gold drakeling.” Well. Hell. I gave her a somewhat strained smile as I heard the crashing in the trees. She had time to blink as it broke the tree line.

I felt her push me, HARD. I fell to the ground just in time for her to be blasted with frigid cold air. The ground around her froze instantly and shattered - I couldn’t see her beyond the blast.

She… Had saved me? My eyes went wide. She had saved me. Even if she would come back - it wasn't guaranteed. I rose to my feet, the Saw-Spear snapping out to full extension. Then the air settled and I could see her again.

Scarlet shook it off as the last of the magic settled, she noticed my eyes on her. “Immune to weak ice magic. This is a baby. Even then..” She glanced down at her skin which was covered in frost. Her hands shook. “If it were any older I would not be moving now.”

The drake seemed rather surprised that she was moving at all. I snarled. She had thrown herself in to save me. Fuck. Fuck - fuck! I didn't care that this was young enough to just hurt her, instead of kill her-it would have frozen me. So she was hurt, because I had been caught off guard. Some fucking hunter I was. Fury boiled in my veins as the drake reoriented itself, and its mouth opened as it inhaled.

And I was moving. I shot past dawn girl, muscles straining as I threw myself toward the beast. The dragon tried to turn its head to track me - but I didn't give it time to do that. I leapt - lashing out with the blade. It scraped, skidding - then the jagged teeth found purchase and it bit in, tearing a rent in the scales. The dragon let out a bellow, and snapped its neck from side to side, trying to fling me away as I hung on. It worked - but it also made the wound worse.

I hit the ground and rolled, coming up into a low crouch. It bled. I could kill it. For hurting my ally.

“Oi. How good is your throwing arm?” The non-sequitor made me turn my head and look at her in confusion. The drakeling had pulled back and was now taking to the skies. That was a problem, because I doubted my spikes could bring it down.

“Accurate and strong, why?”

“Throw me.” She said pointing to the flying beast. “I’ll take the brunt of its attack and rip off its scales. Then, provided I’m not flung off I will tear through its wings grounding it. Then you do you.”

A member of the NevCrew:

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    He seemed to consider it, switching his eyes between her and the flying beast. Then with a grunt he hooked his weapon to his back, and moved over to her. Silver eyes studied her for a second, then he nodded and grasped her around her waist. With a slight grunt of effort he lifted her up, then shifted her to balance her better for a throw. “How in the hell did you come up with this idea?” He looked into her eyes.

“Another hunter, something about ‘jolly cooperation’” Scarlet mused as she drawed her legs up underneath her to use as a springboard. He adjusted his hands to grip her feet better, and she tensed.

“Jolly cooperation… That sounds oddly familiar. Hm. Right - we can worry about that later.” He turned his head, then began to run, picking up speed. As he got to a higher speed, she felt his body shift and tense - then his arm shot forward, starting the launch. Scarlet pushed herself off of him and used the momentum to launch herself.

Her corrosive body tore through the tree branches and leaves like they were thin tissue paper. Placing her foot on a branch she launched herself again up and above the tree-line.

The young dragon opened its maw and blasted her with fridgid air. Scarlet had to shield her eyes. The blast stopped her momentum and she had began to fall. The drake however, grabbed her with its claw and clenched down on her waist. Scarlet screamed as its claws tore into her skin. She reciporated and started clawing her own way through its scales. She felled Madison Fucking Briarheart. She wouldn’t tarnish that by letting a fucking dragon kill her. No. If she were to die it’d be on her own damn terms with her own damn hands. Snakes spewed forth from the assassins back and dug into the underside of the dragon.

Thick blue ichor showered her as the drake began to fall. Scarlet didn’t need to go for the wings. The underbelly had been a big enough blow.

Below her she heard a bellow of anger as the dragon fell.

The dragon let her go, it’s screeches of pain drowning out whatever the hell Hunter had going on. Scarlet fell, and fast. Crashing and tumbling through the trees. The ground was coming at her fast. What a way to die today.

Except life didn't let her. She heard a loud snapping as something broke - and arms wrapped around her, cradling her. Their momentum was wrenched to the side, and she felt a long, strong body curl around her as the two of them completed the fall.

“Focus on the dragon you fuckin- Fuck!” Scarlet cried as she again shoved him to the floor - a blast of cold wind hit her back. Scarlet inwardly swore. Her body was failing her. She wasn’t sure her immunity would survive another blast, but she wouldn’t let Hunter know that. That was weakness. She wasn’t weak. Her arms buckled.

She wasn’t weak.

Her head drooped.

She wasn’t weak.

Her blood pooled around her creating a crimson halo around her hunched and heaving form.

She. Was. Not. Weak.

Scarlet pushed herself up and turned to the Drake, ready to attack but before she could he shot to his feet - and she saw his silver eyes flashing. Anger. Pure anger boiled in his eyes - and he looked at her.

“Stay the fuck down. You got him on the ground. Now it's my turn. You did yours.” Then he was off - he shot up into the trees, that jagged blade flashing in the chill of the air. The drake tracked the motion, its head swing around - but when it unleashed its freezing breath, its target wasn't there - the Huntsman had kicked off of a tree branch, launching himself in a different direction entirely, clear and away from the way the drake had thought he would move.

The drow hit the ground and she saw his legs tense, bunch up - then he was in the air, spinning around once, twice - building up momentum. He reached the drake and lashed out, his bizarre sword biting into the flesh where he had already struck, deepening the wound on its neck. The Good Hunter planted his feet on the drake’s neck as his blade lodged into the flesh.

“The hide is valuable!” Scarlet screamed out after him. She winced as she bought herself to her feet, her shaking hand struggled to heal the wound enough to suture it shut. Why the hell was she struggling to revive and heal lately?

The drow looked over to her - a splash of silver in the shower of red and black that was his clothes and the blood sprayed across him - and he nodded. Then she saw him reach into the wound, shoving his arm in deep as the dragon shrieked in pain. His other arm drew the blade out, ripping tender meat free of the drake’s body. Then he plunged it back in, using his grip inside of the dragon to anchor himself as he butchered the inside of its neck.

It swayed, staggered - then fell to the ground with a heavy thud. The Huntsman threw himself free, and landed in a heap near her. His eyes were closed, but his chest was heaving as he sucked in air.

“Are - are you.. Alright.” His eyes cracked open and focused on her.

“Fine. Mostly fine. You did good.” Scarlet carefully drew her hand away from her wound and attempted to wipe the blue and red ichor from her face. It was a feeble attempt. “Ugh..” She looked down at the dress. “Suppose it’s blue now eh?”

“You're still dawn girl to me.” He forced himself to his feet, then stepped over to her. His eyes were focused on the injury. “I see. What do you need to heal. And do not even fucking say you need to die.”

Scarlet laughed bitterly at his concern. His actual concern. As though she really mattered. She shook her head. “Who fuckin’ knows. It’s healed enough to steep the bleeding for now.” She shook her matted head. “I will be fine.”

He growled - then he hugged her again. Ignoring the blood and ichor that covered them both. What the fuck. What was he doing? Scarlet stilled then hissed. Last time he said it was because he was selfish, what was it this time? “What, me being covered in drakeling blood turn you on or somethin’?” She asked.

“Your fucking cracks healed before. Shut up and get warm you brat.” His voice was a deep growl.

They had? Scarlet fell silent and instead rested her head on his chest. He shouldn’t be concerend with that. “You shouldn’t.” She said. “You really shouldn’t try to heal the corruption.” She couldn’t deny that the feeling of warmth was welcomed.Terribly and irrevocably so. But it was that warmth that had felled her before.

The warmth of Shinsou, the warmth of the tiny little shit of a fae Fenn, the warmth of Lye...no. It wasn’t going to happen again. She reached out to push him away.

“I'm the one who gets to decide that. I told you when you hired me. I would watch you, and keep you from becoming a beast, from losing yourself. I am your hound, your companion, your ally. If being close to you, helping you, is what will bring you back from that darkness - then you will never, ever be rid of me, until to is purged.” He pulled his head back and stared at her. “I do not speak of love, dawn girl. I don't know it, could not speak of it. But your ally? Your - fuck, your friend. That, that will not change. Not until l lie cold and dead in the ground. Or in something’s stomach. Now shut up and get warm.” And he pulled her back in.

“Fuckin’ prick.” Scarlet spat. She stayed, her arm shifted back to her side so she could concentrate on healing. If she did...if she healed herself then he’d leave her alone. His words shook herm more than she cared to admit even to herself. “The last man who promised such things is now fuckin’ a succubus.” Scarlet muttered. Golden light crackled beneath her fingers and her wound healed, enough. There was still a red gash but it was enough.

“And? I'm not your lover, dawn girl. I’m your friend. If you want to fuck someone, I don't care. I may as well. But this? Being your ally, being here to support you? Some tart won't change that.”

“You’ll end up hurting yourself if you stay close. My last friend…” Scarlet finally found the strength to pull away from him. She gestured to the vial of ash around her neck. “Died by my own hand, her heart crushed under the weight of my touch. Do….” Scarlet lowered her hand. Her cheeks flushed. This ….this was supposed to be a nice hunt. Kill a thing, make some quick gold and get the fuck out before its mother came back.

Not some emotional fuckin’ adventure through a mythical land. “Do….” Her voice had less bite to it. “Do what you want Hunter.”

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I threw my head back and laughed. It was, I admit, a bitter sound. Then I reached out and pulled her back into hug. She growled but didn't resist, too much. “And your friend. Just how tired of the world was she?” I tilted my head down to stare into her gold-ringed eyes. Good. That color was back. It suited dawn girl far better than the pure, pitch black they had been. I let her go, and she shifted, confused, and thinking.

As I let her think about my words, I turned to the corpse. The Saw-Spear clicked and I tucked it away, instead pulling out an overly sharp, short knife. I slid it in the wound I'd made earlier, and slowly began skinning it. Slower work than usual, but then I had never tried to skin a dragon before.

She came up behind me, “I don’t understand you.” She said. I paused, knife under a scale, and looked at her with a raised eyebrow. I flexed my wrist and the large scale popped free. I brought the knife up and rolled my hand, indicating for her to go on, then stabbed the blade back in.

“What are you trying to gain with this? With doing this with me?” She reached out and stopped me from doing my job, her hand wrapping around my wrist. Even now I could feel that burn. “Fil’ayn.” She said, her voice holding a bite to it. “Do you think you can stop me from falling? That a few kind actions will suddenly save me? I’m a tool. A weapon. A Monster. Wouldn’t it be easier to just sit back and enjoy the ride?” I sighed, and let go of the hilt of the knife, and turned to face her.

“Do I think, a few kind actions will save you?” I snorted and shook my head. “No. I don't. I have no idea how long I will have to work with you, to give you the help you need. Hell. I don't even know if I can do it alone. But you - Amari. You are no monster. You are what they forced you to be. A weapon, a tool. Scarlet. But - Amari? She is hurt, and scared. And clings to her child, and to the hope that someone, anyone, will reach out a hand to her, and not wrench it away.” I stared at her. “So this is my hand, Scarlet. I will not let you slap it away. It will be here, when you need it.” I gently pulled my wrist from her grasp.

I stared at her for a long moment, seeing the gamut of emotions that ran across her face. I knew she considered that part of herself long dead - but it remained. If it was dead, then she would not be able to heal. There would be nothing good left for her child hold on to. If Amari was truly dead and completely gone - I had no doubt that Scarlet would have already gone past her limits.

“That name…” she muttered dryly then shook her head. “Eye for an eye I suppose. Let’s just...that thing was barely a month old. I don’t want to face its mother right now.” I nodded. Then I gripped the cuts I had been making - and my muscles bulged, then the flesh was ripped up, peeled up. I turned to her, holding a chunk of the scale covered flesh. I cracked my neck - and thrust the meat and scales into her arms.

“Good. Hold that. We’ve slowed down enough as it is.” I turned my attention back to my work - gripping the knife and resuming hacking through the flesh, carving away the strips and chunks. I also cut out its largest fangs, ripping them free. Fuck. This - emotions. Fuck them. The distracted from the hunt. I should have already cleared away the carcass. But she had - needed to hear that. Needed to hear where I stood.

I shoved the fangs into my belt to hold them, then tore and cleaved more scales away. She had cried out that the hide was valuable - so, I would get her as much as I could. Distantly, I heard a noise, and redoubled my efforts, tearing more flesh from bone and throwing it at her. She had recovered enough, at least physically, not to fall over, so I would ignore the rest right now. She needed to think on what I had said, not have me throw more in her face.

And besides. She looked good covered in blood. Even if it wasn't her own. There. That was enough - the dragon’s mother would likely be approaching soon, looking for its child, and we did not want to be here when it arrived. So I grabbed Scarlet, crushing her and her load to my chest - and took off, throwing force through my legs with explosive strides. I didn't care if the tight carry hurt her - I cradled her to me as I jumped through the trees, cracking them with each stride.

-----

I ran, carrying the quiet woman, for half an hour. I had stopped at a river, and set her down beside it. I took the meat from her and swirled it in the river, watching the blue blood flow down stream. When the water ran clear, I dropped the hide down, and dove in, feeling a sharp, almost painful chill run through me. Damn, this was cold. I came up with a shuddering gasp, then climbed out of the water.

“You tracking, dawn girl?” I tilted my head. If she was still lost in thought, I was just going to have to go into the water carrying her. Maybe I should just throw her in - the shock might bring her back to the present.

“Eh?” She turned to me, not hearing my question. “Oh. I like the feeling of being covered in blood. I mean, not when its in my eyes but..I’m fine.” I shook my head.

“As fucking sexy as you look like that, you need to wash off. We don't want the dragon’s mother hunting us based off of its child’s blood.” I jerked my thumb at the river. “In, dawn girl.”

She shot me a glare and tore off her dress and I had to force down a groan. Fuck did she look good drenched in blood. She threw it into my face before stepping into the water. She splashed it into her face and sighed. “We did good today. That was quick. Efficient.” I grunted. It had been a good kill. I would have preferred having an actual ranged weapon to use - not throwing her.

“We did. A finely done hunt.” Ah. Her clothes weren't treated to be fluid repellant like my own. Damn. That meant they would still have the smell of blood. I frowned.

“You don't look happy about that.” She mused, leaning her head against the riverbank. “I don’t need the scales. Keep them. I just wanted to get you out of your damn funk.” She turned to me, her eyes and those brilliant golden rings. “I’d take one o those teeth though.”

“About wha-oh. No, the hunt, while it could have gone with less damage to you, was splendidly done. I'm concerned the dragon will follow us based on the blood on your dress.” I - well. I didn't want to think about why she'd said. She'd wanted to get me out of my funk? My - the funk from this morning? That - it had been because she'd gotten up and stopped cuddling me. Damn it. No way I could tell her that.

“Then leave it behind. I’ll borrow your coat.” She said, clearly not caring about the thing or her...nudity. I blinked - then tossed the dress into the river. She had looked good in it - but there was definitely a part of me that loved the way she looked in my coat. Small, and - sheltered. I shrugged it off, letting the dark, oiled fabric fall from my shoulders. I did not, though, look away from her.

She took it from me and hauled herself out of the river, she placed her gorgeous, thick ass on the riverbank and started to wring out her hair. She caught me looking at her but didn’t seem to care. So I folded my arms over my chest and watched her. Oh yes. Definitely attractive - less than when the liquid on her skin was blood, but still not bad at all. The cracks on her skin would have distracted from that for most people - but I knew what they were. And that they had become at least somewhat smaller than they been before. As she wrung her hair dry, I pulled one of the fangs from my belt, and rolled it back and forth between my hands. Something to distract myself from the urge to make her bleed.

A member of the NevCrew:

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Scarlet flung the wet hunk of her hair over her back and grabbed the coat. Shrugging it on over her shoulders. “I might have to invest in something like this. It doesn’t seem to melt away like most leathers.” She mused as she ran a slender finger over its surface. “It also doesn’t retain liquid. I figured it was just blood. Of course….” Her eyes rose back up to his and Scarlet tilted her head to the side, had he glided closer to her? She wasn’t sure. “I assumed you liked that sort of thing.” She finished.

“Oh, I do.” His voice was a low drawl. “But I also have to operate in civilization. Which means I sometimes need to be able to get rid of - staining fluids, rather rapidly. It was easier to make a general hydrophobic repellant, than one specifically tied to blood.”

“Fuck what they think.” Scarlet gestured to herself. “Look at me, I only drink a glimmer potion when I need to conduct business. I generally scare people away. One look and ain’t no one gonna touch that with a ten foot fuckin’ spear.” That was rather rudely disproved when he leaned forward - oh yes, he had gotten closer - and dragged the tooth against her skin, just barely not breaking through. She inched closer to see just exactly what he was doing.

“I have had more than one look, dawn girl.” His silver eyes gleamed. “And in case you missed it, I wouldn't mind touching you a lot more than with ten foot spear. While it's nothing to be shy of, it's not ten feet long.” He smirked and stood back up straight. Where the hell had that come from??

“I…thought you weren’t interested in that sort of thing.” Scarlet said. Did he have to run that thing along her leg? Really? Was he just being coy? Being a dick? Scarlet shot him a glare. He let out a slow, dark chuckle.

“Oh. I have the interests. I just normally ignore them. Blood and pain excite me more. Most women don't care to be cut, broken - or have their bones ground against.” He slowly pressed the fang into the meat of her thigh.

He was. He was fuckin’ teasing her. Scarlet twitched. “I’m not most.” She hissed as she grabbed his hand and dragged the tooth down her thigh. A dark crimson blood pooled from her leg and in thin trickles fell over the round of her flesh and to the water. She grinned. “Best mask the smell of that young drake blood eh?”

His dark grin matched hers.

Two could play at this game. She wasn’t going to let him best her. She gasped as she felt long fingers slide into her flesh, into the cut she'd just made in her leg. He flexed his fingers, then slowly drew them back out, coated with her blood.

She reached forward and snaked a hand around his neck, pulling him closer. Her leg twitched and burned like fire. A fire that roused her, it made her angry. It excited her and it made her feel alive. He was between her legs now and with one forcefull push she shoved his head to her wound. “If you’re gonna make a mess clean it up you ass.” She hissed. Her own fingers clawed into the meat of his shoulders and dug into dark skin. His blood trickled over her fingers and down the length of her arms.

He seemed to have no compunction abound - nibbling the edge of the wound. His tongue was rough as he dragged it around, scooping up her blood - and she felt it squirm into her flesh, working against the muscles to lap up more blood. He drew his head back, and his lips glistened crimson.

“That’s a good look on you..” Scarlet breathed. Shit.. when was the last time she felt this physically good? She drew in closer - the temptation to taste her own blood on his lips- but no. It was not something he wanted. She drew closer still and took a deep breath before shifting her head to the side to rest into the crook of his neck. Her fingers left the small wounds on his skin and she instead dragged them down the length of his arms, tracing the curvature of his muscles. He was so incredibly warm, and his blood...even warmer.

His fingers dug into the wound. Then he slowly brought them away, and she watched as he rubbed her blood against the skin of of his neck. An offering - for her. Scarlet snorted. “You’re into some fucked up shit.” she breathed into his ear before she obliged. Her tongue lapped over his skin and - well… her own blood wasn’t anything to write home about but his skin? It was an odd taste, a tangy and salty combination. She used her free hand and glided a finger across his flesh, it parted open and she returned the favour.

Using her teeth she tore at his flesh. The dark blood trickled from his skin and she licked it as it touched her lips. It was about as tasty as blood could be. Which, wasn’t very. Still, it wasn’t the taste it was the sensation. Fuck the sensation, the way his skin and muscle involuntary twitched beneath her cruel touch and the way his muscles tensed. Hell even the way his own hand gripped her thigh tightly. All of it. Fuck. She was wet. She shouldn’t be doing this. She shouldn’t…

Scarlet pulled away, cheeks flushed. “You’re a depraved fucker.” The Huntsman snorted, and licked his lips - his tongue gathering up her blood as his crimson-stained fingers drummed right at the edge of the cut. Then without warning he ripped the fang free, sending a fresh wave of pain through her. She arched her back and swore, pain evident in her voice. This fucking fucker.

“You're one to talk, dawn girl. I can smell you, this close.” His voice was dark, hungry.

Smell her? The fuck did he mean by that? She shifted her weight to and fro. “Well. I suppose we’ve sufficiently covered the scent of the baby Drake.” Scarlet said as she wiped his blood from her lips, it smeared across her face and her eyes shifted downward to his torso. “At least with your blood.”

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I snorted, laughed - and stood up slowly. She was either trying to ignore her arousal, or refused to accept it. That was fine. I didn't care if she saw that this had gotten me hard - she wouldn't try to capitalize on it, and neither would I. I left the drake fang on the rocks beside her and rolled my shoulders, relishing the sting that her nails and teeth had left. This woman - this damn woman.

“I suppose we have, at that.” I reached out and drew my coat on her shoulders closed. Ignoring the feeling of possessive pleasure at seeing her swallowed up by my clothes.

As I drew close she wrapped her injured leg around me, forcing me closer still. I could feel the twitching muscle against my back. She leaned forward and slid into the water. I raised an eyebrow - I was anchoring her, it seemed. Fuck, but I could feel her heat against my stomach. Her taut, ample breasts pressed up against my chest as she breathed into my ear. “I haven’t forgotten what I said to you that night.”

Then, with a snort, she pulled away. I let out a snort and shook my head. She was trying to infuriate me it seemed, to drive me wild. “I haven't forgotten it either. But there are other things more important than making you scream in pleasure and pain for me.” She looked - affronted. My hand snaked out and long dark fingers coiled around her neck, tightening and pulling her up onto her toes.

“When I take you, you will be screaming. You will be bleeding, and I may just decide to see what's on your bones. But - not now.” I let her go, and she fell back to her feet heavily, staring at me.

“What the fuck midnight man. My bones get you that much?” I raised an eyebrow - she was trying to cover up the fact that I had flustered her. I snorted and turned away, and I heard a note of disappointment in the sigh.

“Oh, it's not your bones. It's your pain. And the fact that you enjoy hurting. But at the same time… HmHmm.” I shook my head. At the same time - I knew she also did want sex. Just, as infrequently and tied to the same things I did.

“You're feeling better at last.” I paused, and looked over my shoulder at her. She still - she still hadn't figured I out why I had been thrown off this morning? I sighed and took pity on her.

“Silly woman. I was in a ‘funk’ because you stopped holding onto me from my lap.” I started to turn to walk away

“What?” She sounded shocked. I paused, and looked over my shoulder at her again, raising one white eyebrow.

“I liked you cuddling into me for warmth. Now shall we get back to town?” I wasn't made of stone. A woman that in some way I cared about was holding onto me cuddling against me for my warmth? Of course I enjoyed that.

“I see. Yea.” She still sounded shocked, and it took a moment for her feet to start after me. I snorted and led the way back to town. She remained silent, contemplative, as we left the trees. Well, it seemed I had given her yet something else to think about. Woo, three for three for me, I suppose. I might have enjoyed her cuddling with me - but I wasn't going to go out of my way to seek it.

The hugs not-withstanding. Those were - because she was falling into corruption, and they helped. Never mind that the whole damn reason I knew about that was because when this tiny woman had curled into my lap, tension had bled from her frame, and the cracks had slowly begun to heal. Damn it. Damn it. That's all it was, all it could be. Relationships could only come when you were done being a hunter.

“You know for someone so against making connections you sure are doing a damn good job of creating, maintaining and well- just this one.” She jutted a thumb between me and her. I tilted my head, studying her. It was, I suppose - true.

“It's what you need.” I shrugged, once. I was going to rationalize our friendship that way. I was going to ignore that she knew my name. And the feel of my lips. She needed someone close, to help her.

She scoffed. “Are you sure its just me Mr selfish midnight man.” I blinked. Ah. Whoops. I had admitted that, hadn't I.

“I told you. I enjoyed your heat. Does it matter? We both know we can't have more.” I growled. I had turned around to stare at her, fully facing her.

She seemed pensive. “damn we’re too fuckin alike.” She muttered as she shoved her hands into the jacket pockets.

“yeh...yeh you're right.” I snorted. I know I was.

“I can't have a real relationship until I retire. And you, not until you can trust again. So here we are, a pair of people who know they can't have connections, but starting them anyway. Fuck, we’re messed up.” I watched her.

She grinned. “Says the man who gets off on feeling bones.” At least she was perking up.

“To the woman who gets off on having her bones felt.” I retorted, smirking.

She laughed. An actual honest laugh. She raised a hand to hide her laughter. “You have me there.” Her laughter - sounded good. This wasn't the dark, malicious thing she sometimes used. It was - healthy, happy laughter. How long had it been for her since she laughed like that, I wonder.

“There, and almost on that riverbank.” I wagged my eyebrows exaggeratedly at her, then smirked.

She gave me a playful shove with her shoulder. “more than one type of bone.” I paused, and curled my lip.

“Why, dawn girl, are you offering to feel up my bones? I didn't know you wanted it in you - I mean, didn't know you had it in you.” I chuckled.

“So what if I am? Too late now. Too bad.” I shook my head.

“Alright. Alright. As much as I would love to banter with you further - we are almost back to town. You should return to your base, and I… Should find something to do.” I shook my head. I fought back the heavy heart that wanted to take her with me. She couldn't. She had to go back to her Master. I was nowhere near in a state that could challenge that man. No, something else would need to happen.

“Fil’ayn stop.” she hissed.

The atmosphere had changed. She wasn’t laughing, she seemed tense. I shifted, one hand moving to the Saw-Spear.

Before us stood a tall man wearing black leather. His long silken silver hair hung straight down to his waist. Emerald eyes, dark and dangerous stared us down. He lifted up a hand and then slammed it down to the floor. Scarlet immedietly followed suit. I glanced over at her to see tendrils of shadows. Literal shadows coiled around her neck arms and legs.

Fuck. This was him. I let go of my blade and bowed my head, not looking at him.

“You’re such a disappointment.” He drawled as he tugged. She was dragged along the dirt, naked and choking toward him. His shadows had peeled my coat from her, leaving it behind. I - wanted to challenge him. Wanted to help her - but I could not. She did not want it.

As she neared him he reached down and with a flick of a hand drew a knife across her throat. “You never learn, Scarlet.” He hissed at her as he pulled her up from the ground by her hair. “Another Shinsou. Another ronin.” He spat at her before the light faded from her eyes. He snorted and picked her up, slinging her over his shoulder like she was a useless carcass.

The man turned his back on me, not even acknowledging me. I bared my teeth, anger flashing in silver eyes - but I did not move. I had nothing on this man. Sure, I was faster in reflexes than a normal man, stronger - but this man was that and more far more. So he walked away, carrying dawn girl’s lifeless body. And I had to watch him go, knowing that - when next I saw her, if I ever even saw her again, she would be back to that broken, rotted husk that had called me, desperate and drunk. Or worse. I fought beasts - and there went a man bound and determined to create one.

A member of the NevCrew: