EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin

What it means to be a God ( I ) Rated M

mild sexually suggestive scenes.
    It had been a few days since we had returned from Akashima...and during those days Nevin said he had things to do, and he was barely home. It was… a little lonely. Especially after everything that happened. I felt like I needed to be around him more, I had been more.... Well, ravenous too. He didn’t mind that. Even though he came home exhausted most nights he entertained me.

But something felt off.

I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. It was the way his dark red eyes lingered on me when he thought I wasn’t looking or aware. The way that he squeezed me tightly whenever he left, as though he may not see me again. It made me nervous and I didn’t like it. Whenever I asked him what he was doing he’d tell me. “I'm working on a problem dear - and I don't want to concern you with it. I-may not be enough.” the last part mumbled, and I only heard because I had sharper hearing than he realized.

When we were in Akashima; he revealed that he was a budding god. Or some form of divinity. Maybe that was what was bothering him. Didn’t those type of people gain power from people's prayers, and faith? Did he want a shrine? Followers? I could do that.

I would do that.

I hummed happily to myself as I locked up his store and headed down the street toward the local clothing store. I may just have pilfered some money from Nevin’s store, but I’d work off the debt. Besides...this was for a good cause! If he was going to be someone to pray to, he needed someone to look after his holy space, right? And the local store did have clothes from Akashima, considering it was the same continent. I’d go there first. I’d buy an appropriate outfit. Like my sister. As much as I hated to admit it...the colours did look good on her, and on me - and if that’s what shrine maidens wore then...that’s what I should wear too.

I pushed open the door to the store and a very well dressed lady greeted me. She had long blonde hair that had been curled into tight ringlets that rested just below her shoulders. She wore a long black dress. Slender, it hugged her form and had long lace sleeves that had frilly cuffs. I wriggled my nose. It looked so stuffy. “Ah! It’s the lady of Crimson, what a lovely surprise.”

I tilted my head. What did she mean by that? Was Nevin’s influence already that good? “Uhm… not understanding...am here for Akashiman shrine maiden clothes. Does have?”

The woman blinked. “OH! Yes...maybe, follow me Miss.” She gestured for me to follow to a rack near the back. “This is all we have from Akashima. I don’t quite know what you are looking for, but if it is from there. It would be here. We don’t really carry ceremonial things, but fashion that is based on them will surely be here, it has become popular since the Gallery.” She said with a soft laugh, covering her mouth.
    I inwardly flinched at the mention of the word, it brought up bad memories. Surely she didn’t mean the place Stefano had taken her to, the place she had almost died and where Nevin got burnt. No, it was just a coincidence. I shifted my gaze to the rack and started looking through it. There were many kimono and yukata, floral prints and hand pressed cotton dresses...finally… I pulled out a red and white ensemble. “Ah!” It wasn’t exactly like the ceremonial garb that Ayaka wore...the pleated red skirt looked like it would hang just above the knees instead of at the ankles, and the sleeves were much, much more longer. Still. This was as close as I was going to get. I approached the counter. “How much?”

“That? Let’s see the price tag…” The girl took the outfit from my hands and inspected the tag. “7 gold...but for you, I’ll make it five.” She placed it on the counter and smiled sweetly at me. “Is there anything else I can do for you?”

“Uhm…” I pursed my lips. “Maybe. Have the red dye?”

“Oh...did you want to dye this red?” She let her hands breeze over the white material of the top. “Red is such a beautiful colour… isn’t it? I have one that is a deep hue of, well, Crimson. Will that work?”

Crimson...that sounded right, that sounded like what Nevin said. I nodded. “Yes please.” She gave me a smile and ducked under the counter. I could her bottles clinking together before she pulled out a small glass pot of red liquid. It looked a lot similar to blood. “This is 1 gold and several silver pieces. So your total would be 6 gold, seven silver.”

I never had a good concept of money, so I carefully counted out the coins in front of me. Thankful that she was so patient with me. She wrapped it up in paper and handed it back to me with a smile. “Be sure to tell him I gave you a discount.”

“Eh? Nevin? If want, can do.”

“Excellent! Wonderful!”

I turned to leave, she was happy, and she was kind… but offputting, and I couldn’t figure out why, that was until she caught me as I opened the door.

“Oh, and do tell him to stop by soon. What he did to Stefano...ahhh...it is the best we’ve seen in years.”

I quickly exited without answering her and practically ran back to the store. My heart thumped against my chest and I fumbled with the keys as I struggled to unlock the door, I bounded inside then locked it behind me...I closed all the blinds and windows and ran to the bathroom. Locking myself inside. I slid down to the floor and curled into a ball.

Why?

Why...why….why did she say that!? She seemed so nice… she was there that night? Those people were in this town still? Did they live here? Were they just… I shivered… I didn’t want to think about it. I had to talk to Nevin about it when he got home.

I took a few deep breaths to steady myself and wiped the tears from my eyes. I had… I had work to do and I wouldn’t let this stop me. I picked myself up off the floor and took out the small bottle of dye. I hadn’t planned on using it on the dress. I wanted to use it on my hair. I shifted to the sink and peered at the label....

The instructions were…. Too complicated. I’d just put it straight on and see what happens. I twisted the top off and sniffed it. EARGHhhh… I was a little worried that it would have actually been blood, but nope. It wasn’t. It smelt like chemicals… like the oil and the machines in Alerar. I didn’t like it.

<”For Nevin…”> I breathed.

I dipped my fingers into the liquid, I expected it to be thick but it was really runny. <”Ah!”> I had to scoop more up into my fingers, I grabbed a handful of hair on my left side and tried to run it over the strands. It quickly dripped from my fingers and into the sink. “AH!” This was quickly being a mess. I picked up the pot and dunked the hairs straight into it then pulled it out. <”Test first…see if work.”> I rubbed the strands in my hands to get all of them covered, then wrung them out. How long should I leave it in? Maybe...half hour…. yes...I think I saw 30 on the bottle and seconds, days and hours didn’t make sense. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. There were a few dots of red on my face from where the dye had dripped. The streak in my hair looked good. I felt accomplished. Hopefully when I wash it out it would still look good. Then I would do all my hair!

Now...to put the lid back on the….

I looked down and groaned, my ears fell flat against my head. I must have knocked it over. Red covered the sink. And the tiny pot sat upside down at the bottom of it. <”NO, no, no, no,no….I don’t want to go back there….ah...no….dammit…”> I picked up the bottle and peered inside. Nothing left...well… I guess one bit of red was better than nothing. I turned on the taps and tried to wash the dye off the cream coloured basin.

<”Eh?”>

It wasn’t coming off

I scrubbed harder and added soap, then used hot water… still nothing. <”EH?”> It wasn’t coming off my hands either. Maybe...maybe it was 30 seconds…. I quicky ran to the shower to wash off.

After washing myself and drying off my hair (and staining Nevins white towel in the process) I had successfully gotten it off my hair. What remained as a single thick streak of red hair that framed my face. At least I knew it would work if I wanted to do all my hair. The red that completely covered my hands and the flecks on my face hadn’t come off. Even after washing. I sighed. I guess I’d have red hands for a while.

I turned to the shrine maiden outfit (well, a bastardised version of it) and put it on. It was...really flowy and not at all restricting. That I liked. I grinned.

Time for part 2 of help Nevin be stronger!

The shrine.

I padded to our room and started clearing out the back corner. It wasn’t like I was using it anyway. I slept in Nevin’s bed all the time now. I dragged a wooden crate to the corner and grabbed an incense burner, shoved some sticks in it and lit them. There! Almost perfect. Except…. There was no artifact of him…

What would I even use…

I furrowed my brows. Then... it came to me. “Duh!” Stupid! Why didn’t I think of it before. He was all about blood right? So I’d just get some of his blood… I headed to his workshop and opened up the cupboard where he kept all the vials of blood. After opening and sniffing a bunch I found his and took it to the makeshift shrine. I placed the vial carefully on the shrine then lifted the locket up from my neck. It contained a piece of his soul...so praying to his soul and his blood. Would that work….

I hoped so.

I placed it on the shrine and curled my legs up underneath me. I took a few deep breaths and bowed my head. Then clapped my hands twice.

Nevin...I didn’t lie that night...if you truly are becoming something far greater than I, something devine. I want you to know you have my support. You have my devotion, I love you and I pray to you, for you, and ask that you continue to strive forward in whatever path you may take. You say you may not be enough but you are, you really are.
    I am cat gurl, gib me ur soul

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin firmly closed the door to the bookstore behind him, and let out a long, long sigh of absolute frustration. He had desperately been searching for any sign of a book on blood magic, or on the Crimson, for days now. He had thought, that if anywhere was to have such a text, Radasanth would be it. But no, no such luck.

He was still stuck in his search for a way to preserve Eteri’s lifespan. He didn't have access to traditional holy magic - that was the kind of thing most people turned to for healing. But this wasn't a case of needing healing, this was a case of needing to extend a natural lifespan. The alchemist hesitated for a moment as that thought came to him.

Because he remembered someone else who had used Alchemy and other arts in an attempt to extend life. And that man had gone down extremely dark paths, including capturing and mutilating a Fae, and trapping her spirit in his tower while he hijacked her body. And while Nevin was desperate to keep her with him - he didn't think he would be able to live with himself if he ever went that far. No, no he would never stoop to necromancy - that much he could promise himself.

But, what other options were there, what did he have? It drove him mad, that he had all this potential power, and no way of showing it. Worse, he knew that Eteri was picking up on the change in his mood. He'd been staying at the shop less and less as he frantically searched for a way to save her - though when he was there, he made damn sure he was attentive. He didn't want her to think that he didn't love her - it was her love for him that spurred him onwards. He just - he couldn't bear to look at her for long, when he felt that he was failing her.

For a moment, he wondered. Was he failing her? She - she felt ten years was enough. For her, that really was a lifetime. Wouldn't it be - wouldn't it be cruel to her, to make her outlive her sister? Even if the two seemed antagonistic at times, he knew they loved each other. Could he really be selfish enough to force her to stay? Was he being an idiot?

”It's like you're clinging to the first person to show you positive attention, and that's not healthy.” Unbidden, Ayaka’s accusation came back to him. Eteri wasn't the first to show him affection - Stare, Fenn, Ezra, Elthas. His friends came to mind. But Eteri was the first who had gone out of her way for him, the first to show an interest in Nevin beyond being an Alchemist, or a friend. Ezra’s awkward faux pas didn't count - the Homunculus had still been figuring out social cues when they did things like that.

He paused and looked around. He was in the streets, and had been wandering as he thought. Nevin didn't even remember starting to walk - his feet had carried him without his conscious direction. He was - standing in front of the Church. His Church. It was in far better repair than the last time he had seen it - the stonework repaired, and with what he considered beautifully drawn red vines mimicking ivy crawling up the sides in a brilliant crimson paint. The grand, imposing doors had been replaced, and now had red cherry wood doors standing open, inviting passerby to come in. Warm golden-red light shone inside, beckoning to him.

With a deep breath, Nevin went inside. The last time he had come in here, he had been dropping off the holy text for the Crimson Church. He'd avoided them since that time, claiming that he was not ready to take up the Mantle of Messiah for them. Or more, not that they knew that. Now, he entered with his head held high, as he looked around.

He didn't know where they had gathered the artwork - it was of gorgeous red-hued landscapes, almost resembling Lindequalme in some paintings. A red-orange sea crashed against pink sand, and the clouds seemed to be in permanent sunset or sunrise, bathed in a myriad collection of reds and oranges.

“Do you like them?” An unknown voice made Nevin turn his head around. The person who had come up was dressed in a simple white robe, with a red sash holding it shut. The man had a pleasant, open smile on his face. “You're a new guest. Welcome to the Crimson Church.” He bowed.

Nevin blinked. The man must have joined the Church after his last visit, because otherwise he would she surely recognized the redhead. “Them?” Hmm. Maybe he could learn how the new Church was doing from this man who didn't know who he was speaking with.

“Yes, the artwork. Every painting you see here is done by one of our own. It's rare, but every so often one of us sees a gorgeous vista, and when we awaken from our sleep, we are compelled to paint it.” The man swept his hand along the wall where the paintings hung. “Each one is hung here. These are the welcoming ones, down at the end is the ones that unsettle people.” Nevin raised a blood-red eyebrow.

“Unsettle people? Why not hide them away, then?” The clergyman shook his head, almost as if he had expected the question.

“Our Church is based upon acceptance of differences. The Great Flow of Crimson runs through us all, unites us all, and accepts us all into its rivers when we pass on. It would be a disgrace upon the name of all we believe in, to not accept those paintings. Just because the landscape they see disturbs some, does not mean that what they experienced is any less valid than what others saw. Now, would you like to join us? We are getting ready for our afternoon prayers.” Nevin gave a very slow nod. Maybe - maybe coming here could help him calm the turmoil in his mind. What the clergyman had said was already echoing back and forth.

The two men - one firmly of the Church, the other, tied to it in a most intimate fashion, made their way down the hall. As they passed the so called ‘disturbing’ paintings, Nevin could see why. The other paintings had animals in them, strange unknown animals perhaps, but animals. These ones though, felt - empty. Like something was missing. The colors were faded, wearing away almost - but the paint looked fresh. Nevin paused, staring at them.

“The ones who see these landscapes always wake up crying.” Nevin turned to look at the priest, who had turned when he realized Nevin had stopped walking. He came to the alchemist’s side, and bowed his head. “The land - it cries out, something vital is missing. The land itself is washed out, faded in these landscapes, and the ones who witness it fear that if what is missing is not returned, the land may die. But - there is little we can do. And these vistas, are even rarer than the others. Come, come. Prayer will begin soon.” Nevin stared at the paintings a moment longer, then followed the priest.

He knew what was missing. The God. But he did not dare say anything - not yet. He wasn’t sure he was ready to be a focal point of this Church. Maybe soon, but not yet.

The prayer hall was surprisingly packed with people - at least, it was surprising to Nevin. The last time he had come here, the number of attendees had been, while not small, no where near this large. Now, it felt like there were over a hundred people crammed into this one small chamber, and they were all - well, Nevin felt oddly welcome here. He took a deep breath - and frowned. There were faces in the crowd that he recognized, but he wasn’t sure from where. It wasn’t from the original roster of attendees to the Church - no, it was from somewhere else. But where? He frowned, and put it out of his head. While the rest of the group began to pray, he closed his eyes and focused in thought.

Acceptance. Such a small word, one that carried so much weight. It was - it was one of the core tenets of the faith that he followed, that he - had originated? It was difficult at times to think of the Crimson Church properly, because he felt simultaneously like a follower, a reluctant adherent, and also like - like he was the one who was behind everything, had initiated it all. It was an odd duality, and one that threw him for a loop at times. He sighed - this rambling wasn’t what he was trying to think of. No - he wanted to focus on what the priest had said. Acceptance was one of their core values, their main beliefs. The Crimson ran through everyone, giving to each in their own turn, displaying itself in different ways for different people, but - but, no one person was supposed to be more, or less valuable than another.

But -but he couldn’t really agree with that. Because he valued Eteri more highly than anyone in this room. How could he get these two inherent feelings to agree with each other? He swallowed as he tried to think. Then his eyes opened up. He was being selfish. He wasn’t accepting Eteri’s own desires in all this, just focusing on his own. And that realization tore him, because he knew that she’d slap him for being selfish, and then give him a kiss and tell him it was ok to be selfish. He took a deep breath.

He had to talk with her. He was being an idiot, not including her in what he was thinking. Who knows how torn up she was right now, by his constant -

Nevin...I didn’t lie that night...if you truly are becoming something far greater than I, something devine. I want you to know you have my support. You have my devotion, I love you and I pray to you, for you, and ask that you continue to strive forward in whatever path you may take. You say you may not be enough but you are, you really are.

Nevin fell to his knees as a voice slipped into his head, quiet and thunderous at the same time. It was like - it was like he had gone for days, weeks, without hearing anything, his ears unused to working, and suddenly they were working with crystal clarity. It was - it was strange, because he knew that the voice hadn’t reached his ears, but he also recognized it. How could he not? That was Eteri. But how in the name of Crimson had he heard her, when he knew that she was still at the sho-

His mind stilled, as people began crowding around him. She prayed to him. Nevin forced himself to his feet, pushing away the concerned congregation - until one of them seized his arm.

“Ladies, Gentlemen! Our Messiah, come to join us! He is alright now. But do you see, unity? Even in his very actions, he lives it - he did not push his way to the front, but instead stood amongst the rest of us Children of the Flow! Messiah, are you alright, in truth?” It was - it was the preacher that Nevin had given the holy book to - one of those who would recognize him. Nevin wanted to curse the fact that he had collapsed. He wanted to get home, immediately, and find out what in the name of the Flow was happening, and how Eteri had managed to reach him with a prayer. He nodded, roughly, and gently pried his arm from the man’s grasp.

“Ye-yes, I am fine.” Nevin suppressed a growl at the fact that he had to clear his throat in the middle of that. He brushed himself down from the fall. “My apologies, I didn’t intend to disrupt the service.”

“No, no my lord! You are never a disruption - in fact, tonight, we felt closer to our God than we ever have before, and I am sure it is due to your presence.” The redhead had to fight down a powerful urge to laugh at that - laugh, or sob. “We thank you - but, you look a bit pale. Perhaps you should come to lay down and rest?” Nevin shook his head, his red hair whipping about his face.

“No - no, I should return to my shop. I left a dangerous brew simmering, and I should check it before things begin to deteriorate.” There was absolutely no way the alchemist could tell them the truth - that his lover had managed to pray to him, and get her message heard. The people around him let him go, forming a path out of the congregation for him. Nevin thanked them and began to leave, only for one man near the end to move out of the way a little slower.

“My King. I’ll let the others know that you are tied to this church indeed. Wonderful news - we look forward to your next art show.” Then the stranger was gone. It wasn’t until Nevin was outside that he froze as he processed what the man was referring to. ‘My King’ - ‘art show’. Nevin whipped around, finally figuring out where he recognized the unfamiliar faces in the congregation from. They were people who had attended that damn gallery, the fucking abomination that Stefano had put on. But they were gone, melting into the crowd as people filed out of the church, bowing to him. Nevin let out a snarl of frustration, and spun on his heel and began stalking back towards his store, his home. His love.

The store was mostly quiet. Nevin didn’t see Eteri at first - where was she? The workshop - my workshop door was open? What? The alchemist looked inside quickly, to make sure she hadn’t gotten poisoned by something - but no, she wasn’t here. Where then, was she? Nevin strode into the bedroom and looked around - the bed was empty, the bathroom was too -

Wait, why was there a smell of something burning?The alchemist turned without seeing the interior of the bathroom beyond the fact that his lovely blue-haired girlfriend wasn’t in it. Nevin frowned. He took a step in - and saw that the alcove in the back of the room, where Eteri had made her little nest before moving into sleeping next to him full time, was glowing. Nevin moved over quickly - and there she was, her hands clasped in front of her - and a vial of his blood was resting beneath the medallion that Eteri was always wearing.

“Eteri, honey.” He spoke softly.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 15,383, Level: 5
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 4,617
    Level completed: 24%,

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    “Eh?”

Was that? Did I just hear -I blinked, then shifted my head to Nevin. “Nevin!” I exclaimed happily, practically bouncing off the floor and pressing myself against him. “Am happy! You home early!” I gave him a tight squeeze, he lingered then after a few seconds he finally wrapped his arms back around me, he pressed his head firmly on top of mine “It worked!”

“What worked, honey?”

I nuzzled my face into his chest and breathed in deeply. His scent always calmed me down. When was the last time I saw him? He didn’t return till after I fell asleep last night and was gone again when I had woken up… It had been like that the last two days maybe. “I pray.” I pulled away from him and used a red stained finger to point to the altar. “You is god...sort kinding...right? Get stronger with pray.”

“I - wait. Honey, why do you have red in your hair?” His voice started off confused, and that only got worse as he stared at me. At the red lock of hair.

I grinned as I took a step back, showing him my outfit. “Gods need shrine maiden. People to look after place to look after them. Eteri will be.” I grabbed the strand of hair, it had dried. I pulled it taut so I could get a better look at it. Ah! “We match!” I cried out happily. It was a very similar colour to his. “Am wanting to help. Wanting you to knowing you are enough.” I grinned, excited. Waiting for his response. Wait… my grin slowly faded. What was that look he was giving me. “N-no like?”

“I - Eteri. You didn’t have to. You were great the way you were.” He reached out and ran his fingers through my hair, slowly pulling the red lock separate from the rest, studying it. He frowned, then looked down at my hands. “I - alright. Love. What did you do? I heard you. And - why is your hair damaged here?” He seemed scattered, like he was trying to pull his thoughts together as he shook his head.

“Wanted to. Not mind. Damaged?” I asked going cross-eyed to try and stare at the strand. “Is fine. Use dye from clothes store…” I shook the strand out of his fingers with a shake of my head. He groaned.

“Love, clothing dye and hair dye are not the same thing.” He rubbed his face. “We- we can deal with that in a second, though I - it does look good on you. Now, how on earth, what on earth, did you do, that I could hear you? I was - not exactly close by.”

“Oh, you mean the pray.” I scrunched up my face. Feeling a little frustrated, I had just told him this… “Eteri said!” I gestured to the small setup. “Not have proper uh….word for small hole to put holy things in… that word.”

“Alcove?”

I nodded. “Not have proper alcove but made this. Look.” I pulled his hand downward so he would fall to his knees with me. Now he was somewhat level with it. I pressed a finger to the incense holder. “This. Meant rising to uh...sky. So carry pray on smoke in wind.” I pointed to the vial of his blood and the locket. “This is you. Blood and soul, Eteri know Crimson flowing mean blood. So then…” I clapped twice. “In Akashima. Clap twice then send pray, then clap again. Pray for Nevin, because prays make gods stronger, yes?” I spoke in broken and hurried sentences, it was really difficult trying to articulate what I meant to him, what these actions meant.

“Do...do understand?” I asked.

He took a deep breath, and slowly let it out, sighing as he stared at it. He reached over and traced his finger along the small medallion that his soul was in - and for a moment I thought he would take it back - and then he returned his hand to his lap, and turned to look at me.

“You made a private little shrine to me, and prayed before it using objects that have intensely personal connections to me.” His voice was soft, and he shook his head before leaning over and kissing me gently on the lips. Then he sat back, and stared at the shrine. “Well. It worked, at least enough for me to hear your prayer. I - I know you didn’t lie, Eteri. I’ve just been… I’ve been keeping a problem in my head, and it’s been… not good.” One hand came up and rubbed his face, then slid back through his hair.

He had heard me? “Y-you hear? A-ahh... “ I felt my cheeks redden and I quickly covered them with my hands. Prayers… “I always ah thought maybe you’d feel it but not hear it...that’s...that’s embarrassing and personal and…”

I furrowed my brows, quietening down as he tried to explain his issues...I knew he had a few problems but maybe they were more serious than I thought. “Nevin…” I shuffled forward and took his hand, lowering it and squeezing it tightly between my own. “Eteri know you not talk about it...and that ok… but wanting you to know…” I took a deep breath and sighed. “Wanting you to know Eteri will help. In own way. Supporting you.”

He laced his fingers with my own, and let out a deep sigh. “Honey, you were the cause of the problem. Well, you weren’t, but at the same time you were.” He shifted to sitting down, letting go of my hand so he didn’t pull me with him. “I - you remember, that you told me you had a limited life span?” His eyes were closed now, and his voice strained.

My ears fell flat against my head. I was… the problem. I drew my hands away, that hurt. That comment really… really hurt. “Ah…” I slumped my shoulders. “I uh-” I paused, trying to figure out what to say to that…. What could one say to that? Knowing that someone you loved so unconditionally...someone you always wanted to be around and see smile...knowing that… that you… you were the reason why they weren’t smiling. “Eteri can...go for a few days?” I offered. Maybe me staying here all the time was a bother.

“NO!” His hand shot out, and grabbed mine. “NO! Honey - honey no. I’m sorry, that came out wrong - I...” He squeezed my hand so tight it almost hurt. “I- honey. I’m sorry. I’m - I’ve been afraid. For you.”

“Afraid?” Why was he afraid. I felt fine, better than I had in a long time actually. I even told him that, so it’s not like he wasn’t aware. “why? “

“Be-because…” He struggled, I could see it. “Because I’m selfish.” He finally said, his shoulders slumping down. “I’ve been leaving the store, trying to look for ways to… Eteri. I love you. More than I thought I could love anyone. And I - I don’t want to lose you in ten years.”

I stared at him. Confused. Is that what he meant by limited life… I thought he meant that I was limiting myself by being around him. To me, that was normal. To die at such an age… was normal, I had expected it my entire life. It wasn’t something I was worried about or dismayed about… so it never occured to me that maybe someone else would not like that. “Nevin. If could live as long as you. Eteri would.” I smiled. “But Eteri not a god like you.” I shuffled in close and loosely wrapped my arms around his shoulders. “Is not the selfish to want stay with someone. Think...think that nice.” I pressed my face into his neck. “Sometimes think Eteri selfish… because enjoy you so much.”

Nevin curled his arms around me, and pulled me into his lap, his arms holding me tight. “If that’s the case, then, we can be selfish together because I enjoy you a lot too. But - But. I’m sorry. I hurt you, because I didn’t tell you what was going on. We’ve always ended up facing things together, and I was hurting us both by not talking about what was wrong.” He sighed, and his warm breath rushed across my ears. That tickled. “I’ve been looking into ways to extend your life. So far, the best idea I’ve had has been to give you more of my life force. I have plenty of it to spare - the reason-”

“NO!” I spatl body bristling. “Not yours.” I growled and mumbled. “Not care if others, but NOT yours. That is YOURS!” I growled. He paused, and slowly drew back, staring at me with curiously blank eyes. Then they darkened, and he shifted, holding me tighter.

“It is mine. And so are you.” He growled. “I have more than enough to spare. But that was just my first thought. My second thought - well. I can harvest it from other sources.” There was a low, dark edge to his voice.

I didn’t mind the dark edge his tone took. It actually...surprisingly calmed me down. “If that what you want. Then do.” I said. “Promise support you. No matter what. Eteri not care if what Nevin does is good or bad.” I pointed to myself. “Eteri considered bad by many. So no matter.”

He let out a low, rolling chuckle that was ever so slightly malicious. He turned his head and kissed me, hard. “If you say things like that, we’ll end up bad together, Pet.”

I melted into that kiss of his, wrigglng in his lap, he knew what that did to me… it was torture - I had things… I had to do I couldn’t just fall to his charms right here. I mean… I would… but...luckily he broke away, I took a few deep breaths to calm myself. I pressed a hand to my chest, there was a heat that was practically purring with his words. A strange resonance. “Bad is just ..ah...what word for how see things? Per...per...perception?”

“Perspective, my dear. And I suppose you're right. One man’s God is another man’s devil. And if it means keeping you with me, I'll happily be a devil.” His fingers dug into me, nails scraping my skin where it showed through the shrine Maiden attire. “That is, if you wish to stay. Which it seems you do. I thought myself selfish, because I hadn't asked you if you felt living longer than you should was a bad thing, or a good one.”

“N-nevin…” I wriggled again, shifting in his lap. His touches...dammit.. They made it hard to focus, and judging by the small grin he had, I felt like he knew that. He knew what he was doing to me and how easily I had been worked up lately. It was almost unfair. I pressed myself against him in response and he gave what I could only describe as a satisfied growl. <”I would live forever with you, my God.”> I purred in my native tongue. Two could play at that game.

He studied me for a moment, then leaned forward and kissed me, hard, almost desperately. When he pulled away, his eyes were - burning a dark red. He seemed to see the glow reflecting in my eyes, because he blinked and the light faded.

“Well then, my sweet honey.” I felt a thread pick my skin, teasing me. “We will have to look into a way of keeping you with me for that long.” He seemed - thoughtful? I wriggled in his lap. This only urged him to push the needle in deeper. OK, no - that was not fair. I gave a low moan and pressed my head into the crook of his neck.

“That really gets you off doesn’t it, pet?”

I mumbled in response. He wrapped an arm around my waist, fingers digging deep into the skin of my stomach. His hot breath against my ear. “Well then… I think you need to appease your god.” And with those words, he pushed me to the floor, pinning me down.

It wasn’t long before he was bucking into me, hard- ravenous. Like he craved me as much as I him. His teeth were deep in the flesh of my neck and his tendrils hand coiled their way around my body and neck, further restricting my movement. With every thrust he’d mutter words. Sweet, sensual dominating words. ‘You’re mine,’ ‘This is mine.’ ‘I own you,’ ‘Scream for me,’ ‘Buck like the whore you are,’ and with every command I obeyed

How could I not? God….how could I not…

I groaned and screamed as he pressed hard up against me, I felt my body flare up before I reached orgasm, and not long after - he had too. Lately - he had taken a liking to ‘filling me up’ as he put it. He’d feed me these pills after that were meant to stop any accidents. He released me from his grip and offered me a wry, dark grin.

“If for nothing else, I want to keep you around forever just for this.” Then he leaned down and kissed me hungrily, as I clenched around him.

I broke free before I felt the need to mount him again. “Y-you know Eteri said would.” I pushed him away...it took a hell of a lot of effort to do that. “Eteri think…” I paused. “Eteri used to not care, if Nevin went with other women. Why care? Sex just for procreate, at least at first.” My tail flicked behind me and I felt a low rumble inside my chest, almost possessive. “No. Nevin mine now.”

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Nevin stared at Eteri for a long minute. The woman fidgeted for a second, then he shook his head with a low laugh. “Honey. I've been yours since the day you decided to stay.” And - despite her sister accidentally drugging him, that was true. He'd made his goodbyes to the girls of the Lilly, because he wouldn't come back to them while he was with Eteri. Even when she'd gotten upset after their game in the restaurant, and held off for a while, Nevin hadn't even considered going back to them. He'd waited for her.

And now - now, she was nearly as eager for sex as he was. He didn't know if it was because of the soul inside of her, or if it was because he had finally gotten around to actually using his darker, dominant side, but whatever it was - they quite often went to sleep tangled together in the afterglow. Other women held no interest to him - his little Eteri was devoted to him in a way he doubted anyone else would ever match. “I am yours. Just as you are mine. I don't want you going to anyone else, ever. And I won't.” My words a certain promise. My heart had long been hers - I would reassure her that the rest of me was, too.

“Why want anyone else Eteri like Nevin. Eteri feel full. Want all of.. All the time…” She stepped closer to him, still barely dressed, and pressed herself against his tall frame. She breathed in deep. “No one else smells this good.”

He curled his arms around her, shaking his head before resting his chin on top of hers. “Careful, dear, or you're going to go to bed sore.” Nevin chuckled and gave her a squeeze. “Come on - we should go shower. And I mean, just, shower.” He didn't know if he was telling her that - or himself. A quick press of his lips against her forehead, and he pulled away, peeling off the remainder of his clothes as he headed towards the bathroom.

“What.” One single, flat, disbelieving word reached Eteri’s ears from the bathroom. “Honey, could you come here?” A pleasant tone. “Now?” She followed behind him, poking her head into the bathroom. “Yes?” A large coil of threads wrapped around her waist, and dragged her off the feet and into the bathroom. Nevin was smiling pleasantly at the sink. The white sink, currently stained a vivid red hue.

“What happened?”

“Oh...split dye..is why only one part hair red.”She didn’t seem too phased by it. She was more interested in the coils around her waist. She gently pat them affectionately as she looked up at Nevin, smiling. Damn woman.

Nevin brought her in close and stared at her, then took a very deep breath, and sighed. “And I take it you tried washing your hands, which is why my towel over there is stained pink.” She nodded brightly, running her hand back and forth along the threads that were holding her up.

“Yes. But is OK. Eteri can wash later maybe.” She was being bright and cheery, and here he was trying to be irritated at her over it. But he just - he couldn't.

He sighed. “Honey. Next time you want to dye your hair, talk to me. I am literally an Alchemist. I can make you hair dye that won't stain porcelain.” She tilted her head, and he tapped the basin of the sink. Her eyes lit up.

“Now. I'm going to take a shower. After that, I will get you something to repair the damage to your hair.” He took a deep breath. <”Clothing dye is more… Solid. Thicker. No. Denser. Love, what is the word for, there's more of it? In one spot?”> Her tail flicked and her ears perked up, as they always did when he tried speaking Akashiman. She smiled happily as she thought.

<”Concentrated?”>

Nevin frowned, thought, and nodded. “Yes. Ah. <Yes. Concentrated. Clothing dye is more concentrated than hair dye. Because of that, it hurts your hair. I happened to loving stroke my pet’s hair, so I would rather it no fall out because you using wrong .”> He shook his head.

“I'm sure I horribly mangled that. I'm sorry.” He flushed a bit, and his threads pulled away from her, making her grumble a bit at their absence. He ignored her pouting and turned on the water, cranking the heat up to his preferred, nearly scalding, temperature. He glanced over his shoulder, his hand still resting on the knob.

“Did you want to join me?” She nodded and went to duck into the shower with him, but paused, ears twitching as she watched the rising steam. She put one arm in and made a cute little alarmed mew as she realized how hot it is.

“Did you want me to turn down the-”

Before he could finish she shook her head and obstinately pushed herself into the shower with him. Nevin couldn't help the chuckle that came as she took shelter in the shower, using him as a shield against the hot water. Every so often she would slowly slide out into the rushing water, but then she would duck back in front of him as he let the hot water massage his back. He smiled down at her, shaking his head.

“You, my little love, are adorable.” She scowled up at him, just making him smile wider. Then he tilted his head back and let the water run through his hair and across his face, which he then promptly shook onto Eteri, who squeaked as water fell into her face. His mild amusement done, he reached past her and grabbed the soap then raised an eyebrow at her.

“Do - no no. Eteri,” He said sternly. “Turn around so I can wash your back.” She blinked, a bit unused to him being commanding when they weren't being sexual, then turned around, her tail flicking against him in the process.

“Good girl…” he murmured as he began gently scrubbing her. She purred at his touch, arching her back as he scrubbed her down. He picked back up the thread of the conversation from earlier, now that they had been, at least temporarily, sated.

“So. For now, the best idea I've had to extend your lifespan is to garner you life force. Simply put, my own would be the best - ah ah, shh, let me talk little one.” He had seen her immediately open her mouth again to reject this. He stared at her as she looked at him over her shoulder, and then she turned her head away, her tail lashing almost angrily. “Good. Now, my own would be best. We are already compatible because of the initial doses I've given you in the past. And with your new soul, you have an affinity to my magic, as we have both noticed.” He sighed. “But, your inherent desire not to hurt me, means you'd reject my life force in situations where I tried to give it to you.” She nodded, not looking at him.

“So. The second best option would be, to kill things, and I can use my blood Alchemy to harvest their life force. The biggest drawback to this is, we would need to kill either lot, and I do mean a lot, of small animals to get what you will need - or, more powerful entities would have higher life forces, which would extend that. Unfortunately, I can't think of a way of giving you a life span to match mine - not without somehow tying your life span to my own.” He hummed in thought as he began gently washing her hair. It was actually soothing for him, to be here showering with her and just - getting these thoughts off his chest. He'd been keeping these ideas trapped in his own head, and slowly going mad over it for so long. Talking with her felt - much, much better.

As he'd mentioned to her earlier. Nearly every problem that had come up, the two of them had faced together. It had been stupid of him not to talk with her - he'd been trying to handle this on his own, and while he was smart, so was she. And she thought of things in a different manner than he did. Two heads were definitely better than one in this case. He slowly massaged her head, gently rubbing her ears, and sighed.

“So dear. Any ideas on how you might live longer? The life force thing, at least the one from kills, is a temporary solution at best.” He was always better when he dealt with problems head on, rather than backing down and trying to hide from them.
    Last edited by Nevin; 12-31-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    “Is it really so bad….” I asked, tilting my head to the side. I was silently mulling over his words as he had said them. I was trying to tell myself that killing, all that killing was wrong, but I’d be just lying to myself, and to Nevin. “Eteri thinking about it… and try to ah….”

I paused, switching to Akashiman. <”I’m trying to rationalise it… telling myself that killing is wrong. It’s meant to be wrong. Right?”> I paused, not bothering to look back over at him. Tail flicking sporadically side to side. <”But… no matter how many times I go over it…”> I finally glanced over my shoulder at him, head tilted up to peer into those red, red eyes of his. <”I can’t find myself feeling any remorse, or guilt in the idea. You’re a god. Right? Sacrifices happen, Right?”>

He took in deep breath, and let it out slowly. There was a strange look in his eyes, and I felt his fingers drum against me as he thought.

<”Still...you said it was temporary… and having me live out my natural life - that is not an option for you is it?”> I felt him grip my shoulders, his hands slid over them and down to my stomach, he pulled me in close, under the steaming hot water.

“That is not an option.” He hissed in my ear. I felt a shiver run down my spine at his tone, ahh… dammit - no. He was right. He didn’t want that. So it wasn’t an option. I furrowed my brow, I wasn’t sure how else…

Unless…

As much as I hated it… those people, that horrible experience. “Hey…” I started my voice low, unsure. His grip tightened, reassuring me. “Those strange things that Stefano used...they preserve bodies right? There-”

“Eteri…” He growled. “They almost killed you. I - I almost lost you.” His tendrils began to wrap around me, I don’t think he even realised they had come out, the way they moved, it was almost instinctual. Thin, singular threads started to wrap themselves around me. I flinches as some pierced my skin. Thankfully, it didn’t seem that he noticed, truth be told, I didn’t exactly mind what they did. They were a part of him.

“Please listen to Eteri…. Not use that but maybe...maybe similar might be the helping?”

“That’s dark magic Eteri.”

I frowned as I turned to face him fully I pushed his wet hair back out of his face, his skin was a bright pink from the heated water. “So is killing many. Want look at all options.” I pressed myself to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. I could feel him, pressing up against me hard. I ignored it.

<”You will soon hold so much power… wield such a sway over people that whatever you will… whatever your desire, it will become a possibility. I truly believe that.”> And I did, because I would make it so. If he felt me...heard me pray to him...and that was just me - what would it be like if it were dozens? Hundreds?

He frowned. Chewed his lip in thought, dark eyes narrow as he stared, unseeing at me. Then he took a deep breath, and let it out slowly. “You're right. I need to not dismiss things so easily. I am meant to be a God of acceptance and unity, and dark and light magic have no real face in that. I will not use that foul power that he used - but. I do know of some accursed things, preservatives. They're meant to be used in absolute case worst scenarios, because they trap a person as they are t that exact moment. And they - they stay trapped, until the curse is broken.” He took a deep breath, and let it out slowly.

The heat was beginning to get a little much so I stepped out the shower and picked up the stained towel, would it really be so bad to be cursed if I were with him? “Nevin...Eteri know you heard, but what you feel when was praying?”

He turned off the shower and stepped out behind me - and totally cheated, using his threads to swipe the water off of himself. Using them for tasks really was becoming instinctual for him. He rubbed his face and pushed damp strands of hair out of his eyes, then tilted his head at me.

“It was like I was hearing for the first time. Your voice, clear and as loud as if you were standing next to me. Hope, desperation - loneliness?” His eyes widened as the last word left his lips, and he stared at me.

“All that from...word huh?” I asked as I stepped away. That...was awkward- would he feel that much from everyone? Would that get overwhelming? I didn’t want him to think or dwell on my feelings. Sure… I was lonely, but that was my own fault really. I could go out and find Ven or Barchie and hang out with them for a few days but I just didn’t really feel like it.

“Hope not that bad when lots of prays?” I asked as I finished drying off and threw the towel on the floor.

“I have no idea, love. You're the first to pray to me. And I think it might have something to do with the fact that you actually had not only my blood, but a bit of my soul there as you prayed.”

I offered him a small smile, “Only one finding way to know.” I said as I turned on that and left him in the bathroom to go dress myself in the discarded robe. I hope he’d catch on, and if not then he soon would. I had plans now and I wanted to enact on them as soon as possible. He needed people to pray to him and to believe in him and I would do everything…everything in my power to do so

“Eter-honey I don't need prayers honey wait!” I couldn't tell if he was amused or distraught by this. Oh he figured my plan out. Too bad, he was going to get prayers. “I - oh Crimson.” Hmm? I stopped to turn around to look at him, tail flipping beneath the robe. “There's…. A - A church. I go there. They worship the Crimson. But they don't know about me. Think I'm just their messiah.”

I grinned. “Then maybe they should know. Yes?” This was perfect. I could start there. “Can show me?” I held out my arms. “Am well dressed for the occasion yes?”

He let out a helpless laugh and shook his head. “Love if we try going out with you in our lives like that, I don't think I'll be able to my hands off of you for very long. If… If you want to do this, go get back on that shrine Maiden attire at least.”

I liked this. He was laughing and smiling…. When was the last time he had a good laugh like that? I picked up the bastardised version of the Akashiman garb from the floor and grumbled as I picked off bits of dust and lint. The wooden boards were pretty dusty… I guess neither of us were the type to pay attention to such a thing as cleaning. I shuffled into it as I dressed myself. “Better?” He nodded with an amused grin and pulled me into a light kiss, pressing his lips lightly against mine before he stepped back.

“Arguably. At least now you can say you are dressed as a priestess - instead of my sex-crazed pet.” He grinned, teasing me. Then he took in a deep breath, and let it out, slowly shaking his head. “For someone meant to be becoming a God associated with acceptance, I keep finding places where I don't. Please love, keep reminding of things, like you have been.” With a soft smile, he slipped past me and began dressing himself.

I watched him curiously. I didn’t entirely understand his words but it sounded like he was...coming to terms with something. That was good. “Ah...while you getting the dressed.. I go get some things…” I picked up my satchel and threw it over my shoulder before leaving the room..

I knew exactly what I needed and I didn’t have much time to find it in that whiz-bang messy workshop of his. The workshop was, as expected… a mess. My bed of blankets and pillows lay in the corner on the side with all the bookshelves. On the other was his work station...bubbling brews, dusts, cut herbs and plants. Fire, burning bunsen burners...yep that was something I was going to stay way from. Then there was the cupboard...a glass cupboard filled to the brim with odds and ends. Scraps of paper shoved between bottles shoved between books shoved between dried animals sitting atop fossils. It was a cornucopia of goodies. One day I wanted to look through them all, but not today. I swung open the cupboard doors.

I knew he had them somewhere around here….I wrinkled my nose. A part of me felt a little bit bad for doing this. For stealing from him. This was different to taking money from the store, this was….this was essentially his essence, his very life. Those tiny spheres were hardened pearls of his blood. He stressed the importance of it to me, of how special it was to him, and how much it meant to him. I know he kept a small chest of them somewhere in his workshop to use with his potions… I just had to find it before he got dressed. Then….I could set them and put them on necklaces and people could...people could use them to pray on too. Then he’d get stronger right? Then he’d start coming home earlier and we could spend more time together again.

I found it. A small wooden box. It wasn’t even locked! Not that he needed to I guess, how many people would go looking for such a specific thing? Opening it up revealed there to be two dozen tiny little red pearls. Pearls of his hardened blood. I opened up my satchel and poured them into it. He could make more later…

I wish I had time to attach them to necklaces but things were moving a little faster than expected. I quickly shoved the box back into the cupboard and left his workshop, making a bee-line for the kitchen and the icebox therin.

Nevin came out of the bedroom, pulling on a crimson set of - drake scales? Why was he pulling on armor? Then he swung a muted red cloak on just as I was fishing around in the ice box. I lifted my head out.

“Ah! Wanted food for walk....no have what wanted. Can get on way home?” I asked. This is something he’d easily believe. It wasn’t entirely a lie either. I was hungry and if I had it my way I’d have eaten a whole, raw fish on the way to his church.

“You is very handsome.” I said as I shut the box and padded over to him, fixing up the knotted tie on his cloak. And he was. “Very much so…remind Eteri of dreams used to have....” The visage was familiar, a tall red man. A glimmering streak of gold and crimson against a black sky and muted grey sands. I tilted my head and smiled...it was funny how things worked out sometimes. Maybe he had worn this before and I had not remembered. Maybe the man in my dreams wasn’t Nevin at all… it just reminded me of that dream. I shook the thought from my head, it didn’t seem important.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    “I'm in no particular rush, love. If you'd like we can stop for food before we go to the church. And what's this - you've been dreaming about me?” Nevin grinned and walked over to her, looming into her personal space. “What are these dreams then, love?”

“E-eteri has ...many lots uh…” Her eyes glanced downward then back up at him. “No- ah you mean THIS dream? Not you, maybe. Just man who fights, big and tall….red and gold.” She smiled up at him, standing on her tip toes to just manage a kiss to the underside of his chin. “Excited to seeing church.”

“It's ‘excited to see the church’ - remember definite articles, love.” Nevin wasn't replying to her dream, surprisingly enough. He had intended to tease her about dreaming of another man when he was right there for her - until she described it. That - he pushed down the tremor that ran through him. That did sound like him. But the ‘gold’ - that was apparently buried in his magic, the divine aspect of his soul from what Stare had told him.

What in the name of Crimson was Eteri dreaming about? Him, fighting? Maybe she was remembering when he had charged through the flames, and come out still in fire? He had been red and ‘gold’ then. He shoved the thought away, trying to figure this out would just drive him mad. For now at least. He took a deep breath, and suddenly scooped her up, pressing her against him and cupping a hand under her bottom, holding her up so he could kiss her properly, roughly.

Then he set her down, and cleared his throat. “Well. We can stop for a small snack on the way, there are some food stalls between here and there. Come along, pe-Eteri.” He smiled and walked towards the front of the shop, leaving her standing there, flustered.

She quickly followed, mumbling about how maybe the man in her dreams wasn’t such a butthead. She then snorted and took Nevin’s arm, wrapping her own two smaller once around it as they walked. “Is ok. Will wait. Want see church.”

Nevin just smiled and shook his head, and guided the pair of them towards the cathedral of the Crimson church.
    ------

“Ah, lord messiah! Welcome back, sir. We’re honored to have you visit again so soon!” It was the preacher from earlier in the day, the one who had explained about the paintings. As the walked through the hall, Eteri tugged on Nevin’s arm, pulling him towards the ‘depressing paintings’.

“Nevin… Eteri see before. Is where red man fights in dreams.” Nevin froze. He hadn't been sure before about her dreams, but if she was seeing these washed out landscapes - she really was seeing him. He pulled her against him for a moment, and whispered into her ear.

“Looks like I really do fill your dreams dear. This place is - well. Where my other side originated. And where I have to go.” Her ears shot straight up and it looked like she was about to shout with excitement - but he quickly clamped his hand over her mouth. “Ah - not yet. I'm not strong enough yet to do what I need to there. Patience, love. -did you just lick me?” She had licked his hand. She grinned at him over his hand - and Nevin retaliated by slipping threads into her mouth, coiling them around her tongue so she couldn't do that again.

The two of them walked after the priest, who hadn't seemed to notice the little byplay between them. Nevin knew that if he took his hand down Eteri would immediately start explaining things, and he wanted to at the very least wait until there was a larger crowd. Get it done with all at once, like a ripping a bandage off. They were almost to the chamber when Eteri got her next brilliant idea - and began gently sucking on his threads, rubbing her tongue against them as much as she could.

Nevin’s knees nearly gave out. He felt his love smirk against his hand - she knew exactly how much he loved her doing things with her mouth. She purred softly, the vibrations rolling across his threads - and he had to accept defeat and pull his hand away. Nevin was saved from her explaining to the priest by the fact that they ere at the doors, and the priest had pushed them open.

“Brothers, sisters, my fellow Children of Crimson! We are blessed with the messiah’s presence once more! And he has brought another with him. My lord, who is it that accompanies you?” Nevin opened his mouth - and Eteri shoved in front of him, grinning widely. Oh dear.

“Eteri is Eteri. Eteri is Master’s disciple, aide! And love too.” She grinned impertinently at him. “And and!” She sounds around and rushed to the priest, who was taken aback by the sheer energy the girl was exhibiting. “Is Nevin’s shrine Maiden! Eteri does the prayers to him. You should too!” Nevin buried his face in his hands as Eteri danced back over to him, and wrapped her arms around him.

The redhead sighed and wrapped an arm around her as murmurs picks up in the crowd - until finally the stunned priest managed to recover from his shock. “My - my lord? What does she mean?” Nevin turned his dark red eyes in the man’s direction.

“Which part are you asking about?” This had moved faster than he had intended - which he probably should have known would happen if he brought the happily purring catgirl that was now wrapped around him along.

“I - uh, all of it?” Nevin took a deep, slow breath, and gently disengaged from Eteri, who pouted at him. The redhead pointed at her, waving his finger in her face and pulling it away before she could kiss it - or worse.

Then he trudged up to the front of the hall, feeling like he was walking through a sea of molasses. He really didn't intend to talk about things in one go, but it seemed that decision had been rather thoroughly wrested from his hands. Eteri followed after him, skipping along in his wake. The alchemist sat down on the edge of the small stone platform that served as the speaker’s stand and looked out across the crowd of people.

“Please, sit. I can't remain standing for all this, and I'd rather not crane my neck to see all of your faces.” Eteri sat next to him, snuggling on under his arm. Nevin gave her a squeeze, drawing strength from her presence. He watched as the congregation looked at each other, then slowly began sitting down where they stood. The church had no benches, so they were all sitting on the floor, but no one seemed to mind, not even the priests. Nevin took a deep breath, and closed his eyes.

“Eteri is my love and lover. And the first to - well. She is not the first to see my divinity, but she is the first to accept me as - her God.” There was a shocked gasp in the crowd. Nevin raised his hand, waiting for them to fall silent. “I know, I know. Some of you barely know me, and others know me as the Messiah, because I was meant to be the living avatar for the Crimson Flow. And now here I am, claiming to be the God. Well, let me correct that. I'm not, not yet.” There was not a calm face in the crowd.

“I am - I am becoming it. At first, all I had was my blood magic - directly manipulating the Crimson. Then, came these.” His threads slid from beneath his skin, and rose, wriggling, into the air. They formed intricate shapes in the air, at his will, and then returned. He swallowed and pressed on.

“It was then, that an adherent of another God saw my soul, and saw a growing thread of ‘white’ which she claimed to be divine essence. I stopped a demon from ripping open a portal, and on the process absorbed the power it had collected - which only furthered my growth. Now, I can see - I can see the flow between us. The connections between people. You, and you.” He pointed to two people who were relatively close to him, but were standing nowhere near. Nevin's eyes were now glowing a bright crimson red.

“You two love each other, but both fear the other despises you.” The two that he had indicated looked at each other in shock, then gave slow nods. Nevin pointed at another, a priest this time. “You fear me, and are in awe and now shock that I am reading your emotions. You don't fully trust my words, but you are willing to believe.” The glow in Nevin’s eyes faded. He sighed.

“Some of you have seen the Crimson Plane. You've seen both the good, and the decay. That is the paintings that unsettle you - with faded colors, and no life. The land is indeed dying, because right now, the throne is empty.” He rubbed his face tiredly.

“Now. Eteri wanted to come here, because she learned something today. Those of you who were here before, do you remember how I suddenly collapsed?” There were some looks of confusion, but others nodded. “That was because my dear here decided to pray to me. It was the first time that someone prayed directly to me. I heard her, despite the fact that she was at home - and I felt her emotions. It was, I promise you, quite shocking, hence my collapse.” He tilted his head back.

“When she learned that I was strong enough to hear her prayer, she decided that the way for me to get stronger was -”

“For use to pray to you too…” The priests whispered almost in unison, staring at him. In truth Nevin found their intense gazes a bit unsettling, because he normally was not the focus of such attention. Eteri nodded brightly.

“It makes sense. Gods tend to gain power from followers, from prayer. Have you then, my lord, been trapped, weak, because we didn't realize!?” Nevin shook his head rapidly, trying to forestall the flashes of self loathing he saw on some faces.

“No, no! I was - I was not ready. I'm still not, not really. But events are moving faster, and I have to be ready, whether I want to or not.” His lover was seeing visions of him battling something in the Crimson Plane. The land was dying without a deity. He - he could not abide for much longer. His fear was destroying things.

An absence at his side made the alchemist blink and turn his head - to see that Eteri had moved away from him, standing up and moving over to the priest that had spoke. She reached into her bag and - when did she get THAT? Nevin’s eyes went wide. When on earth had his girlfriend purloined one of those? Nevin started to stand up - but Eteri said something to the priest, who ducked his head down, clasping the small red pearl in his hands.

My lord. I pray you forgive me for not realizing your true status before. I am but a simple man, unworthy of being in- Nevin’s head was ringing with the man’s voice. But the man's lips did not move. Nevin snapped his fingers sharply, drawing the man’s attention away from his - his prayer.

“Do not think that. Any of that. I did not want people to realize my state. I did not want to realize it myself. And as we all know, we are all children of the Crimson Flow. You are just as worthy to stand near me as any other.” The man’s jaw dropped open wide at Nevin’s words.

“You - you truly heard me…” Pure shock filled the priest’s words. Nevin gave a slow nod.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    “See!” I cried out enthusiastically. “See! Is important! Make Nevin the stronger. I bounced up and down. Excitement coursed through my veins. This… this was important, not just to me but to Nevin. If I could get this to work then he’d spend more time at home again. “Here!” I reached into my shoulder bag and rummaged around till my hand clasped over a handful of the tiny blood pearls. I lifted them out my bag. “Who want one?”

I wasn’t...expecting everyone to start. Members of the congregation started to rush me, “I uh….uhm…” I glanced toward Nevin and the priest for help. I didn’t want all those people that close to me.

“Please stop.” The priest rose his hand and people slowed to a halt. Oh phew..that was good. The old man cleared his throat. “Let us not overwhelm the man. It is clear he can hear our prayers. Let us take a moment to think - how would he handle the love, and voices of us all?”

I stilled.

Oh… Oh I hadn’t thought about that. I turned to Nevin. He...he was struggling with just myself and the priest praying to him. All those people… all at once… I wanted him to be stronger but maybe he wasn’t used to such things yet.

“Eteri...not know what do.” Nevin reached out and pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around me and holding me tight. When he spoke, his words only reached me.

“Stay with me. You're my rock, Eteri. My support. I'll endure this, and grow stronger, for you. With you.” Then he lifted his head up. His voice became strident, strong. He was - good.

“For the rest of you. Please. Keep your prayers to certain times. Here, together. But - if you need me, need my help. Do not hesitate. If I am to be your god, then - I should be there for my followers when they need me most. Don't abuse this though - I am a god of acceptance, not a god of good. I take both the good and the bad, and I can use both if someone goes too far.” There was a dominant, strong tone to his words. Commanding, as his eyes flashed around the chamber, stabbing into the people who had the blood pearls.

There was a low murmur through the crowd and a feeling of understanding and acceptance. Then, people started lining up in front of me to accept the pearls.

“I’ll need to punish you later for taking these.” He whispered into my ear. He grabbed my shoulders tightly, a playful warning. I turned to the people who were lined up and carefully placed a stone in each of their hands.

It was worth it. Any punishment was worth helping him. Most of the congregation had received a stone, I did run out… but the people didn’t seem disappointed. Instead, they spoke with others, about sharing. It was...an odd concept to me.

Sharing.

I tried to imagine sharing my things but couldn’t. I still would barely let Nevin touch my soul vials unless he asked first. Things had begun to settle, the members of the church chatting idly amongst themselves. “Hey...Nevin…” I turned to him. “Did...Eteri do right thing?” He turned to me, dark eyes studying me for a moment. Then he kissed my forehead, then pressed another soft, warm kiss to my lips.

“You did what you thought was right, love. I was - being silly. Stupid and afraid. Thank you.”

His words alleviate any concerns I had. “Am glad.” I stepped into his embrace and wrapped my arms around his waist nuzzling into him. “If this helps...will see you more often? Not so many late nights and no sleeps?”

“I'll - be home every night dear. With you.” He stroked the hair on top of my head, the edge of his thumb brushing against the base of my ear ever so softly. “I'm sorry, Eteri.”

“Is ok.” I pressed myself tighter against him. “You is going to be very strong soon. Very strong.”

The priest cleared his throat which made Nevin pull away from me. “Miss… Eteri was it?” I nodded. He bowed low to me. “You have done us, and our lord a great service. May I offer you a place as one of the disciples in this humble church?”

Dee---what now? I glanced up at Nevin. “Uh… what….word?” He blinked. Looked thoughtful.

<”Like the old priest is close to the gods of Akashima. But - you’d be closer, a more intimate relationship.”>

I nodded and turned to the priest. I understood. I just didn’t quite catch the old man's accent. “Ah! Yes. Eteri will. Eteri is!” The priest smiled warmly.

“We will look forward to the wise words one so close to our god will bring.”

Wise words? I think this guy was …. Not knowing what he was getting himself into. My words were never wise. They were barely coherent. Instead of telling him this I gave him a small nod.

“After all…” He continued. “You dream of the Crimson Lands correct?”

I furrowed my brow. “You mean red place where tall man fight?”

The priest nodded. “Yes. We feel these dreams mean a great deal. We have a few dreamweavers, and if you ever wish - you may rest here and they can gaze upon what knowledge you have in your subconsciousness.”

In my….He wanted to look in my dreams? But most of them where of Nevin…. A naked Nevin. “Ah...maybe… not now...maybe one day.”

“I - think she is concerned of dreams of a more personal nature. And I have to agree.” Nevin's
    arms tightened around me.

“Y-yes!” I nodded. “Eteri dream of Nak-mmpf” Nevin placed his hand over my mouth.

“Eteri, sweetheart. Don’t you think it’s time we depart and get something to eat?”

I nodded. He let me go and bowed to the priest - who bowed so low he nearly hit the ground with his face. Nevin shook his head.

We continued to say our goodbyes to the congregation as we left the church. I felt...proud...accomplished..but I also felt like - something was missing. That I was forgetting something important in all this. As we walked the sunny streets toward a small cafe I looked up at Nevin.

“Nevin. You has the prayers now. You get the strength, but Eteri feel like not do something important. What is?”

“I’m sure it's nothing Honey.” He gave me a slightly strained smile and squeezed my hand. I nodded. If he said so… I’d trust him. We avoided the main streets and restaurants. He knew I wasn’t too keen on those anymore. Instead, we found a quaint cafe not too far from home.

A bakery. A small bakery that sold cakes, pastries and hot drinks. The outside was adorned with flowers, which I didn’t eat by the way! There was a single iron table outside, painted white and inside were a few wooden tables. It was a nice day so we chose to sit outside.

Nevin had ordered a big mug of bitter black coffee and a thin cheese Danish. That didn’t really appeal to me. What was sitting in front of me was much much better. A small puff pastry topped with cream and lots and lots and lots of strawberries. “Eteri love sweet things!” I said as I stabbed the fork into a strawberry and placed it into my mouth.

He laughed, then reached out and swiped some cream from the edge of my mouth. He sucked the cream off his thumb, his eyes sparkling as he looked at me. “Not quite my favorite flavor but it'll have to do.” He grinned.

“What is your favourite flavour?” I asked.

He gave me a devious smirk, and I could feel the tickling sensation of his tendrils dancing along the skin of my legs. “My sweet Eteri. I thought you were smarter than that.” He paused to take a long sip of his coffee then set it down. The tendrils wove their way around my legs, constricting them. “You. You’re my favourite flavour.”

I forced my eyes down to my half eaten tart. His gaze was intense and I could feel it on me. Just..just… I shoved as much of the tart into my mouth as I could so I wouldn’t make a sound.

I heard the clatter of silverware against the table and my eyes shot up to him holding his head. A pained look on his face. “N-Nevin?”

“H-home. Now..” He hissed through clenched teeth. The tendrils pulled away from me and II pushed out from the iron chair and quickly helped him stand.

“What wrong?”

“Please Eteri.... Help me get home.”

I nodded, concerned. What...what had happened? Today was going so well.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    -.... - thank… SoSo…. HaHappy…. Nevin's head was ringing with a cacophony of voices, running together, overlapping and running together. It was actually agonizing, a tumult of sound that was making it hard to even walk. He had to lean heavily on Eteri just to stay upright as we moved through the streets. Poor Eterj was struggling with his weight - and when he tried to stand upright on his own, he fell forward and nearly hit the ground before she managed to grab the redhead.

Breathing heavily, he pushed himself back upright. “Is ok.. Almost home Nevin…” She spoke, her poor voice strained. he glanced at her, her ears flat against her head and her lips pursed in concentration. Her golden eyes focused forward. He held onto her shoulder and they pressed on.

The two reached the shop, and both collapsed to the floor. Eteri hauled him up and rested him against the wall before going back to the door and locking it. She left Nevin sitting there, groaning as she headed to the counter, shuffling around till she found a light blue liquid. One he had taught her helped relieve pain. She came back to Nevin and pressed it into his hands.

“Here.” He took it and downed it almost immediately, closing his eyes. He reached out one hand toward her, blindly groping in her direction. His hand looped around her neck and pulled her in close. She had to step into his lap.

“Thick flow my head… all at once is going to be a problem in the future…”

“....Prayers?” She asked, concerned. The man nodded once, and pressed his face into her hair. His body trembled once, and then again, and his arms tightened around her.

“I - I'll be fine, Eteri. I mean it. I'm just no-not used to them talking yet.” Eteri praying to him before hadn't hurt like this. But then - she was one person, alone. This was dozens all at once, and more kept coming, new voices cycling in and out as, he presumed, the people at the church passed the pearls around. At least he wasn't feeling their emotions as well.

My King. A dozen voices spoke in actual unison, drowning out the others. The others of the church. They do not understand the darker glory of your Crimson touch. Fret not. They shall be the light, and we the dark. We know you accept us. Nevin’s eyes had gone wide. Stark wide. Staring, unseeing, his gaze boring into the top of Eteri’s head.

“This what forgot.” A voice mused below him. “Need way drowning… to drown out voices, to turn voices into strength.” He gave a weak chuckle.

“Not sure what can distract me from this right now, love.” His voice was strained, a counterpoint to her thoughtful tone.

He felt her shuffle in his lap, adjusting herself. He bit back a groan. “Take Eteri blood.” She said as she pressed her head to his neck. Her voice still thoughtful. <”It makes you feel peace...it brings you comfort and it is entrenched in your divinity. So take as much as you need. Even if you leave me anemic.”> Nevin

Another voice rang out loud in his head, louder than the rest and just like before it was a darker tone. Your Crimson touch is glorious, we watch you and the girl of blue closely, we long for the day she too shall be showered in red. Spread your holy touch, Dear King Nevin’s eyes shot to the windows. Curtains drawn. No one would see in. But then - of course. Faces in the town. So they wanted to see him kill more. Near Eteri. They knew she was close to him. They didn't want to hurt her - because they wanted Nevin to coat her in blood. He growled. He would have to start watching the crowd around us more closely. He didn't need someone trying to sacrifice themselves to get that outcome.

“Nevin? Drink?” he blinked. He had - been distracted, but Eteri didn't realize that. Instead of immediately following her advice, Nevin tilted her head back and claimed her lips in a deep, passionate kiss. He would - have to deal with the darker aspect of the church. The Gallery. But later.

She murmured in response and pressed her body close. Reciprocating his passion with equal mounts of her own. As they kissed, his tendrils sank in, sliding into her flesh. She groaned into the kiss and let her body completely relax. Nevin shuddered at the sudden influx of blood. Honey and warm sunshine filled him.

His tendrils sank deeper still, almost against his will as they drew more. But - he needed it. The warmth of his lover, filling him as she ground against him, was mitigating the pain. Muting the voices in his head that had threatened to drown his own thoughts out. He only stopped when he felt that she was growing limp on top of him, a sign that she was approaching her limit. His threads did slid out, and he finally broke the kiss.

“Eteri helped?” Her voice sounded weak.

“Always, love. Now just rest, alright? I won't go anywhere.” Nevin cursed himself. Had he drunk too much.?

“Mmm… “ he felt her nod. “will serve my God. My Nevin.” He slowly stood up, cradling the catgirl to his chest as he took them to the bedroom. He set her down, then went to make some food for her - she would need it. And he needed her.

Nevin leaned against the kitchen counter and stared down at the cutting board as he let his tendrils dance about, collecting things to make food. Iron rich food - red meat and rice for energy. She liked simpler meals - usually heavy on garlic or the other seasonings he'd seen used in Akashima. He'd found he had developed a taste for it himself, and used the dark liquid she called ‘soy’ frequently, using it to replace salt in many dishes.

He felt an odd tugging on his back and looked around - to see that some of his threads were stretching out behind him, reaching towards the bedroom door. As soon as he was consciously aware they retracted, returning to his body. He let out a deep breath. Even now - even now, he wanted her with him. He accepted it. He wanted to be holding her, to have her nestled in a warm cocoon of his threads, not far from him. Just with him. He'd been away from her too long because of his fear, driving him to seek a ridiculous goal. He turned to stare towards his shop, then shook his head. “I will save her.”

And he would. He was - growing. Especially now, he could feel faint connections that hadn't been there before. Thin trickles of strength, strings of acceptance and understanding flowing into him. He closed his eyes.

When he got strong enough. He had to go there. He had to go to the Crimson Lands. There was - something waiting there for him. And he needed to deal with that. He needed to confront it - and figure out just why in the name of the Great Flow he was. Was he just an Avatar? Or - was he actually the God? He had a suspicion it was the latter.

He pushed it aside for now. He had to make food.

A member of the NevCrew:

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I slept… I slept tangled up in his blankets his scent and I dreamt.

It felt so real.

The landscape was desolate sands as far as I could see, all various shades of red. The wind felt cold against my skin and I shivered. This place felt familiar yet I swear I had never been here before. My ears perked at the sound of fighting. Normally I’d turn tail and walk away from the sound of obvious danger - but something drove me forward.

Toward that sound. I saw figures, blurred and shadowed, as though they weren’t actually there. That they were nothing more than flickers upon the sand.

A tall figure stopped, and began to run toward me. Oh… Oh no that wasn’t good was it? The humanoid figure moved at speeds I couldn’t fathom. I took a few steps back, only to stop.

“N-Nevin?”

His visage was still warbled but it looked like him, an older more torn version of him. A large, fresh scar ran down the middle of his face, nearly splitting it and it looked like it was throbbing painfully. His eyes were practically a glowing crimson and his hair tangled. A long tangled mess that made me want to - oh- I already was. I felt my fingers trawl through his tangled locks. “What happen? Where is?”

He wrapped an arm tightly around my waist. The other pressed against my chin, forcing me to look up at him. “Listen to me….Eteri...I need you here.”

“Not understand. Am here now.”

He shook his head and gripped my cheek. “Eteri I need you to come here. To the Crimson Plains - if you don’t I will die.” There was - fear there, a desperation that made my heart ache. My chest burned, why did this feel so sad?

“D-die?”

He pressed himself against me in a warm embrace. “Don’t let me go alone.” His voice was softly pleading, scared, and he sounded so alone right then.

I was confused. Still, I reached up to return the embrace. As my arms tightened around him he… he exploded and I was dripping in blood. “N-Nevin? NEVIN!?”

I awoke with a start, body covered in sweat. My erratic cries still screaming for him. “Nevin? NEVIN? NEVIN!?” Hot tears streamed down my face as I desperately called for him.

There was the sound of feet - and of wood splintering. I felt threads reach me first, rushing around me, lifting me up and cradling me, then a moment later strong arms curled around me, and fingers ran through my hair, stroking my head. “Honey, honey - Eteri, I'm here.” <”Eteri, I am here love. I'm here.”> The words were repeated over and over again in my ears, switching between Common and Akashiman every few repetitions.

I mumbled as I rubbed my face into his neck. “Dream you ...I a...ah...dream you… go.and….and explode...blood….” I sobbed, barely able to get the words out. “You exploded in blood. Because Eteri need go to Crimson Plains.”

I felt him tense and go to pull away but I held fast. “No! NO go!” I screamed at him. “Eteri.. Eteri will come with! Ok! OK?”

“Eteri- Eteri, love. I - OK. OK, we will figure out a way for you to come. I don't - I don't know how, but we will figure it out. I promise, I won't go there alone.” He stopped trying to pull away, and pressed himself around me tighter.

“I saw you….” I said after a few minutes of regaining my composure. “Y-you were fighting and you were losing….” Even with him so close against me my chest ached

“It felt so real…” I was shaking….I was still shaking but at least my words were coming out right now. His fingers ran through my hair...and his arms were wrapped tight around me. Even his tendrils wrapped themselves around my waist and legs. It was almost like I was cocooned.. No… no I was cocooned in everything that was him.

I shifted my head to kiss his cheek, again and again. I was afraid I’d never be able to experience his warmth again and everytime I closed my eyes… all I could see was myself covered in red. The dripping red of his blood. He turned his head, catching my lips with his when I went to kiss his cheek again, and I clung to that kiss desperately. He was still here, still alive and well. But try as I might, the look of desperation on his older face just before he exploded wouldn't leave me.

“I'm here, lover. I'm right here.” He kept repeating it, rocking me against his chest no, his hands rubbing in small circles along my back. “I'm here. And you're making me stronger. I bet that dream me was alone - but I'm not. I have you. You made me face my fear and accept the church, and accept my fear of losing you. I - I will be stronger. Because I have to be stronger, for you. OK? I will not leave you, Eteri. Ever.”

“You looked lo-lo-lonely…” I sobbed. He reached up and wiped away the tears that continued to stream down my face, then pressed me against his chest, where I soaked his shirt with more tears.

“I haven't been lonely for a long time, honey. Not since I met you - not since I rescued you.” He had hesitated, then corrected himself. My heart stung - he had been lonely when Stefan took me. I remembered how broken he had looked then when I walked away. “But I have you. I'm not lonely with you with me.” His hug was almost painful.

“That...that not me Nevin. You know right? Right? Eteri not walk away from you?” He nodded and opened his mouth to say something but I pressed my lips hard against him, silencing any further words.

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    The alchemist closed his eyes and accepted the kiss - and held on as she shook. He had been about to tell her that he still blamed himself for not noticing the collar in time - if he had just paid a bit more attention, then she never would have been endangered. Instead - instead she had been taken to the Gallery. Which Nevin still had to deal with. Because they were still an issue. Not - not a threat. No, they seemed almost more devout worshippers than the normal members of the crimson church did. Just - darker, darker. Nevin carefully lifted the small girl up, cradling her in threads, and carried her out into the kitchen. He - gave in to his desire, and kept her close, curled up in his thread. She complied all too easily, pressing herself against his back, her arms draped over his shoulders as the red threads pressed her close to him.

As she mumbled incoherent words into his hair the redhead began cooking up the meat he had been preparing earlier. While theoretically he could have given her one of the blood stimulant potions, he preferred to have her recover naturally. Because - he didn’t fully trust himself not to overindulge if he gave her another one of those. He knew himself, and knew that she was absolutely wonderful to taste.

“Smell good.” She said from behind him. He felt her press her chin on his shoulder and knew she was watching him work. “Did you put potion in this too?” He shook his head, and as he did so pressed a quick kiss against her cheek.

“No. Too often, and they'll put a strain on your body. And my sanity. This is just straight food, chosen both for your carnivorous appetite and to help you regain blood naturally.” He sliced the meat down into thin strips, then began frying them in the sesame oil Eteri had insisted he use. As they cooked he added some of the diced garlic and the soy sauce, listening to her mumble as she drooled on his shoulder, distracting him with tiny nibbles against his skin as he worked. To retaliate, he started massaging her with the threads that were holding her against him, gentle, rolling waves of pressure. He felt her rumble with a purr against his back, and smiled.

Nevin focused on the food, trying to distract himself from the happy, purring ball of affection that was nuzzling him. Cooking up the meat, along with a small portion of vegetables for her, was easy enough. And he cheated - he used his threads to reach out and start boiling some water for the rice. But the true challenge would be getting his meat-loving girlfriend to actually eat the vegetables once he put them on the table.

“Not eat that.” She pouted as she reached over and pointed at said vegetables. He reached up and tweaked her nose.

“Yes you will dear. They'll help your body make the iron in your blood. You'll get better, faster, and we can have fun again without me being afraid I'm going to hurt you.” He admonished her gently. She felt the ends of threads pick against her skin then pull away without actually sliding in.

Nevin laughed as she slid off his back and into her chair. She was almost like a child, she still had a hand clutched tightly around a wad of his clothing. Refusing to fully let him go. Her eyes were puffy from crying as she stared up at me from the kitchen chair. “Fine.” She huffed as she quickly shoved them into her mouth, practically swallowing them whole and choking in the process.

“Eteri. Love. Chew, then swallow. I promise you, the taste won't kill you” He laughed and took her hand in his own, replacing fabric with flesh. He pulled the chair closer to hers, so they weren't sitting across the table from each other but side by side. It took a little effort to get a fork with his threads to cooperate, but he was soon eating his own meal steadily beside her.
    She shuffled close to him and ate her meal in unusual silence. She paused and turned to him.

“Nevin...please...promise never to leave?” The alchemist paused and slow turned his head to her. He leaned over and kissed her forehead softly, tenderly.

“I promise, Eteri. Come whatever may, I'm not leaving you. Not - not this.” He reached out and placed his hand against her chest, between her breasts. “I love you. I'm not leaving that.”

She offered him a smile. “I love you too.” She leaned forward and kissed him gently on the tip of his nose then turned back to eat her meal. He smiled softly and turned back to his own food - then paused in his tracks, as a soft, desperate voice reached him. It echoed in his head - but was not as loud as the other had been. Soft - scared, alone.

Please… I know you’re busy - I know this is so new… but please? I’m scared - scared and alone and I - I …. It was a young boy’s voice. Tiny, hesitant. I saw the people in the church praying, and they all seemed so sure that you - their god? - would respond that - that I just have to ask. Please, it gets so cold...I don’t think… Nevin shot bolt upright. He couldn’t feel the emotions connected to this voice - they didn’t have a piece of his soul with them - but even so, he could hear the terror and desperation in it.

“Is ok?” The alchemist looked to his love, and gave her a slightly strained smile.

“No. Someone needs help and is praying to me for it. I’ll - be back soon dear. I suppose this is what it means to be a god.”

“What? No!” Eteri stood, indignant. “I follow. I help! I good at help sometimes!” She latched onto his coat with a clawed hand.

“Yes. Yes you are, love. Alright. Grab a blanket while I get a simple meal together for this poor boy.” He gently detached her hand and pushed her towards the bedroom.

“Yes, Ok...no leave without please?” She sounded desperate, and afraid. Nevin knew she was still shaken from the dream, but if that meant she’d help him then that was ok too.

“I won’t, dear. I promise you. I won’t go out of this store until you are by my side” He called after her, then turned to look at what to take to the boy. A simple meal, bread and some warm meat stuffed inside. He took a breath, and headed into his workshop and found a small nutrient potion.

Eteri returned with a blanket draped over her, tied around her neck like a cape. She also had her satchel which looked like it had been shoved full of clothing. Nevin’s clothes.

“Alright. Let’s go, dear. Together.” He held out his hand to her.

Eteri nodded as she took his hand and held it tightly in her own. “Mmm. Together. Eteri follow her Nevin, her god. Always.” Out into the cold night they went - Nevin leading the way back towards the church. The only place the small, scared voice could have gotten one of the blood pearls to pray to him with.

A member of the NevCrew: