View Poll Results: What is Althanas to you?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • A place to write and collaborate with likeminded people

3 13.64%
  • A place that offers a high quality hybrid of writing and roleplaying

13 59.09%
  • A place to unwind with your writing style of choice

1 4.55%
  • Other (please comment)

5 22.73%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile

A bit of unofficial Althanas research

Before I start, this poll isn't sanctioned by staff, and shouldn't be taken as an official endorsement to any of the options specifically held in this poll. This is purely just me polling opinion of the member base.

The question is this: what is Althanas, to you? What do you want from Althanas?

A simple vote will suffice, but if you wish to explain your choice feel free
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 01-02-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    honestly, I feel the third option feels a little aggressive

My vote is other;
    An accepting site that uses RPG elements for you to create a character. It offers little limitations on creativity and accepts writing of all styles, it has a core base of users who will help those willing to improve their writing.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Amari View Post
    honestly, I feel the third option feels a little aggressive

My vote is other;
    An accepting site that uses RPG elements for you to create a character. It offers little limitations on creativity and accepts writing of all styles, it has a core base of users who will help those willing to improve their writing.
    Not sure why you think it would be aggressive. At the end of the day, some people just prefer to write at their own pace and level without the need for full scale feedback to have fun. That's all it's getting at, really.

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    I agree with Amari on that one.
    "My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed."

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    It is kind of aggressive, Shin.

Personally I enjoy the RPG elements of creating and advancing a character within a massive world where there is creative freedom. There are so many aspects of Althanas that I enjoy and have utilized myself.

I enjoy the feedback to improve my writing in whatever way it comes. Also to create and immerse myself in story threads/participate in open threads.

There have been times where I’ve just wanted to lock on and shoot for an achievement.

There have been times I didn’t want to write at all and instead wanted to spend hours reading threads. There are a lot of talented writers here, and entertaining stories to enjoy.

There have been times I just wanted to hang out and participate in games, Vignettes and BS in chat.

There’s been times I’ve just wanted to give feedback in Workshops.

It just goes on and on…

I enjoy and love every aspect of Althanas. It’s difficult to choose just one and say “Oh, that’s the only reason I have made Althanas my home years ago.” It doesn’t make any sense, since I enjoy every aspect of Althanas and am grateful for it. Why does it matter why people enjoy and participate here, as long as they enjoy Althanas in whatever way they do.
    "My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed."

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Thanks for the feedback Garron. So would you say you are all three/four at different times? If so I am too sometimes. I get that entirely.

I don't believe Shinsou meant for it to come out as aggressive.
    Last edited by Philomel; 01-03-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Yeah, Phi. I'm spread across the board on this poll. I'd have to choose every poll choice. I don't agree with the backseat thing, though. I enjoy every aspect of Althanas.
    Last edited by Garron; 01-03-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Sitting here thinking on it, the "quality of writing taking a back seat" thing doesn't really exist on Althanas.

Even if people are pumping out speed threads with fly-by-seat-of-your-posts stuff, they are still gaining a little writing experience by writing with others, reading threads of others, and making mental notes on improvement on some level.

Quality of writing taking a back seat is just ridiculous.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    I suppose i'll go fuck myself, then.

Edited the poll option to be less aggressive and demeaning.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 01-03-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Was just posting my thoughts, Shin.

A poll is asking the thoughts of the community. Some may agree, others may not. Ultimately your poll was getting the results you were looking for.