$apr1css
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Gisela Open Rules & Regulations

  1. #11
    Some Filthy Casual

    EXP: 70,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 43%, EXP required for next Level: 6,886
    Level completed: 43%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,886


    Lye's Avatar

    GP
    3,016
    AP
    122
    Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Age
    32
    Race
    Human
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Corone
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsou Vaan Osiris View Post
    Hey Lye. This is my first time registering for a Gisela tournament, so forgive my ignorance, but am I to take it that the three hero characters we are allowed cannot be played by writers on the site? So for example, say the Brotherhood has Storm Veritas and Breaker as hero characters. They can't be played via their respective writers, right?

    It seems obvious to me it would be a no but there was talk we could team up, and I wasn't so sure. I read the rules (I think fully) but couldn't see anything about it (other than we can use them with writer permission).
    Since this is still a writing tournament, only those who have entered may participate and to enter, you must have your own army. You may use other player’s characters as heroes in your army, but they should be written by the participant, not the original owners. While it truly is impossible to police this kind of collaboration offsite, we ask you try to keep as much of your posts as your own writing. You can ask the original owners for examples of personality, character traits, or links to other threads if you are concerned about keeping the borrowed heroes “in character”. Since these armies are so massive and there could be up to 24 of them, the events within would be difficult to assimilate into permanent canon. So, please keep in mind that there is a degree of creative freedom in how each writer uses said canon and how each writer wants these events to affect their own canon.

    In short, the other players cannot write their characters as the heroes in your army, but you can ask them for pointers in how to portray them more accurately in your own writing.

  2. #12
    Member



    GP
    0
    AP
    0
    Name
    Arden Janelle
    Location
    Corone
    Arden's in - army pending!

  3. #13
    and this is Jackass!

    EXP: 90,057, Level: 13
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 13,943
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 13,943


    Shinsou Vaan Osiris's Avatar

    GP
    1,200
    AP
    0
    Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Age
    31
    Race
    Telgradian
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Salvar

    View Profile
    Thanks Lye. Storm wouldn't be writing for me anyway - no way I'd let him.

  4. #14
    Some Filthy Casual

    EXP: 70,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 43%, EXP required for next Level: 6,886
    Level completed: 43%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,886


    Lye's Avatar

    GP
    3,016
    AP
    122
    Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Age
    32
    Race
    Human
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Corone
    Registration will close on 1/15/18 at 11:59 CST. Any submissions past that point will be null. A more accurate bracket and role call will be stated then if under 24 submissions.

  5. #15
    Member

    EXP: 2,105, Level: 2
    Level completed: 4%, EXP required for next Level: 2,895
    Level completed: 4%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,895


    Erik's Avatar

    GP
    1,037
    AP
    0
    Name
    Erik Dranglein
    Location
    Corone
    Registering a spot!
    "Fires Fade, the dimming of the embers. Come reignite this hopeful flame."

    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

  6. #16
    Member

    EXP: 2,105, Level: 2
    Level completed: 4%, EXP required for next Level: 2,895
    Level completed: 4%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,895


    Erik's Avatar

    GP
    1,037
    AP
    0
    Name
    Erik Dranglein
    Location
    Corone
    So, in trying to decide whether or not Erik would actually take a spot in the army I'm building, I came upon a question. Erik is only level two. If I wanted to use him, would he take up a Hero slot? Or would he just take increased troop points?

    Because I don't know whether we actually even need our PC in the army. I don't think we do but I'm trying to make sure.

  7. #17
    Some Filthy Casual

    EXP: 70,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 43%, EXP required for next Level: 6,886
    Level completed: 43%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,886


    Lye's Avatar

    GP
    3,016
    AP
    122
    Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Age
    32
    Race
    Human
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Corone
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    So, in trying to decide whether or not Erik would actually take a spot in the army I'm building, I came upon a question. Erik is only level two. If I wanted to use him, would he take up a Hero slot? Or would he just take increased troop points?

    Because I don't know whether we actually even need our PC in the army. I don't think we do but I'm trying to make sure.
    You could always make him a hero, but he would play at his current level/abilities. You could have him be a normal troop too. Or even omit him entirely and just write an army. The choice is up to you, but you do not need to include your main character.

  8. #18
    Member

    EXP: 2,105, Level: 2
    Level completed: 4%, EXP required for next Level: 2,895
    Level completed: 4%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,895


    Erik's Avatar

    GP
    1,037
    AP
    0
    Name
    Erik Dranglein
    Location
    Corone
    Sweet. I think I will include him but as a normal troop unit, maybe have him use a higher troop cost so he keeps his Undying and strength. Thanks!
    "Fires Fade, the dimming of the embers. Come reignite this hopeful flame."

    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

  9. #19
    Ride The Lightning

    EXP: 140,654, Level: 16
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next Level: 11,346
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next Level: 11,346


    Storm Veritas's Avatar

    GP
    20,880
    AP
    0
    Name
    Storm Veritas
    Age
    39
    Race
    Human
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Corone
    Quote Originally Posted by Lye View Post
    Since this is still a writing tournament, only those who have entered may participate and to enter, you must have your own army. You may use other player’s characters as heroes in your army, but they should be written by the participant, not the original owners. While it truly is impossible to police this kind of collaboration offsite, we ask you try to keep as much of your posts as your own writing. You can ask the original owners for examples of personality, character traits, or links to other threads if you are concerned about keeping the borrowed heroes “in character”. Since these armies are so massive and there could be up to 24 of them, the events within would be difficult to assimilate into permanent canon. So, please keep in mind that there is a degree of creative freedom in how each writer uses said canon and how each writer wants these events to affect their own canon.

    In short, the other players cannot write their characters as the heroes in your army, but you can ask them for pointers in how to portray them more accurately in your own writing.
    Is it safe to presume that Heroes that are used CANNOT be used by separate teams in this tournament, and precedence is awarded to the writer?

    In Shin's case, we misunderstood this for a team effort at first. He's capable of writing my character effectively, but since I will be writing Storm for my army, it stands to reason that another character can't use him. After all, having one army with the same hero as another army would make for some stupid story conflict.

    TL:, DR no doubles and make sure you get permission before using an Althanas original character as a hero?

  10. #20
    Some Filthy Casual

    EXP: 70,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 43%, EXP required for next Level: 6,886
    Level completed: 43%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,886


    Lye's Avatar

    GP
    3,016
    AP
    122
    Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Age
    32
    Race
    Human
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Corone
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Veritas View Post
    Is it safe to presume that Heroes that are used CANNOT be used by separate teams in this tournament, and precedence is awarded to the writer?

    In Shin's case, we misunderstood this for a team effort at first. He's capable of writing my character effectively, but since I will be writing Storm for my army, it stands to reason that another character can't use him. After all, having one army with the same hero as another army would make for some stupid story conflict.

    TL:, DR no doubles and make sure you get permission before using an Althanas original character as a hero?
    Correct. No duplicates. It can stand to have some writing liberties for on-field alliances. For example, Shin's army pays a large gold sum to The Crimson Hand to help in his fight against Phi. In the next round Storm pays The Crimson Hand to assist in the fight against Shin. In that example, it's an NPC group not claimed by any one approved army.

    In short, the owner of the character obviously gets precedence over their own character. You will need permission from original writer to use their character as a hero in your own army. If someone is using a character without permission and I am requested to do something about it, I will ban usage of that hero from tournament threads or the participant will forfeit their place in the tournament without refund.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •