Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow

Scarlet Moon (Closed, M)

I flipped my hat back onto my head and leaned from back in the chair I was sitting in. I had found an open air cafe and was sitting sitting, with a strong bitter tea in one hand. It wasn't the pitch black coffee thick enough to stand my spoon up in that I would have preferred - but out here in the reaches of Salvar I was going to take what I could get. This damn country was frigid and cold, and I was beginning to despise it. But - I had to be here. Because she was here, and she had asked for my help. One of the few people I had formed a connection with - against my will, almost, at first, but now I cherished her and desperately wanted to help her.

So when dawn girl - Scarlet to most people - had asked for my help, having managed to get a regular message to me through normal means. Well. I had packed up from the hunting patrols I was doing in Corone, and headed to the cold wastes of this mountainous hell. And I was now sitting here, in this Cafe, drinking tea that I tolerated for a reason that actually escaped me right now, because of what she had asked me to do.

It seemed that there was a man who had managed to run afoul of the Crimson Hand. And she had been tasked with hunting him down and eliminating him. But, according to her message, she was- occupied. So she asked me to do it, to find the man. To entice me further - not that I needed much more than her asking for it - she informed me that he was in charge of an underground zoo, filled with extremely dangerous animals. And worse.

He fed them with slaves, and captives. It was apparently something of a show he would put on - throwing poor men and women in with wild hungry animals, and watching as they scrambled and screamed for their lives. That was all she knew about the man - because as soon as he had crossed the Hand, the bastard had gone to ground.

Which might be why she had asked for my help - dawn girl was an assassin, not a tracker of targets. Others found her targets and she dealt with them. Which was what she wanted me to do. Find the bastard, and let her know as soon as I did.

Which finally led me back to the café that I was sitting in. I had been slowly narrowing down where the bastard had gone. Tracking the trail that he had left. He wasn't particularly a smart man - in fact, he was kind of stupid. While trying to hide, he hadn't been able to give up his ply toys. He had apparently kept a one or two of the most dangerous animals with him, and this had left a trail. At first this trail had been kept quiet.

Until the bodies turned up. The bodies of - well. His former servants. That had put me back on his trail, as well as letting me know what he had done. He had emptied his house when he went into hiding - not even leaving any of his employees behind. And now we, I, knew why. Because he was using them as food for his pets. It had bought him time as he fled from the lands that the Hand controlled. But then, well, even his ‘ready’ meat supply had run out. And people had begun to disappear, which narrowed things down for me. Following the trail of disappearances had led me here.

I set my tea down. It was still hot, fresh and spicy, bitter and strong. I was ignoring it though - because there, walking down the street, was the bastard target. I grinned beneath my mask. Excellent. The hunt was nearly done. I dropped a hand down to my lap and let my fingers brush against my inner thigh. Energy flowed, and a connection was established.

Hey dawn girl, you currently free?

What? I -

I found him.
    I heard, felt the inhalation of breath. I could almost see the winding of her eyes. I stood up and strode to a secluded corner of the café, blocking it from sight.

I'm summoning you.

Hunter WAI-FUCK YOU IDIOT
    Her form shivered into view and my own eyes went wide as I drank in the sight. Whoops. At least I had preemptively blocked the summoning from sight - thought that was to keep people from seeing the magic, not from - well. Seeing her, naked, hurriedly trying to pull on panties. I swallowed, as she glared at me. “Fuck. You.” Wordlessly, I pulled out a change of clothes that I'd taken to keeping in my bag, and held it out to her. Nope. Couldn't take my eyes off of her.
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Scarlet snatched them from his hand. “You coulda fuckin’ waited.”

He grinned at her as she hurried to put on the last of her undergarments then the clothes he had given her; a plain black t-shirt and pants, which had elastic around the waist. Scarlet was surprised that they had fit so well. He even thought to get the elastic due to her bump, of which she still wanted to be rid of. Scarlet readjusted the band so it sat more comfortably above her hips. His silver eyes practically glinted with amusement. “You could have denied the call.”

“Not when you do it so quickly. Fuck.” Despite being dressed Scarlet still felt naked. If she had her coat, with her belongings in it she’d feel more at ease. But no. She was fuckin’ summoned practically naked. “And since you’re an impatient git you’re buyin’ me food. I ain’t got any of my weapons, clothes, or potions.”

Scarlet crossed her arms over her chest. “I sure as hell hope you got a decent amount of coin on you.”

He shook his head and rolled his eyes but then nodded. He tapped his chest, and she heard a jingle of coins.

She followed him to the small table outside where his tea sat waiting. Hunter sat down and gestured for Scarlet to sit opposite him. She obliged. Scarlet waited till he took a sip of the tea for himself. She couldn’t be too careful after all. As he sat it back down on the gold rimmed saucer she grabbed it for herself and downed the entire thing.

Strange.

It was prepared just the way Scarlet liked it. Bitter. Hot. Coincidence. It was a coincidence. Scarlet didn’t want to dwell too much on the last night they had spent together, and the realisation that he was quite literally a living ex husband. That was fucking weird. Scarlet sighed as she set the cup down. She was no longer his dead wife. He wasn’t her husband. They weren’t interested in each other. This was just some sort of …. Thing.

Arrangement?

Yes. Arrangement seemed appropriate. The two had an arrangement and to hinge foolish idealism on anything else ws foolhardy. “Well. Shall we follow or wait till tonight?” Scarlet drummed her fingers idly on the wooden table. Tiny scorch marks appeared where her bare fingers landed on the treated pine wood.

Scarlet straightened herself and crossed her legs. “I personally think it’d be best to wait till nightfall. Wait till the bastard is asleep then draw and quarter him.”

“I have to agree. I'll track him back to his home, now that I've confirmed he is here. Hang on - I'll get you - or should I say us - some more tea, and you some food. And ah - here.” He rummaged in his bags for a moment then handed her some gloves and a pair of long daggers. Then he stood up and headed towards the counter of the café.

Scarlet picked up the gloves and pulled them on. Another perfect fit. She knew he had an eye for detail but this...She shook her head. Gloves weren’t exactly tailoured. It’d be easy to guess her size. Scarlet picked up the two iron daggers, nothing fancy about them and placed them just inside each of her boots. The feel of the cold metal against her skin calmed her. It made her feel she was protected. Not completely empty handed despite her rarely relying on physical weapons.

Hunter returned balancing a cup of tea and a few bread rolls which each hard a large dollop of butter ontop of it. Judging by how the butter was melting into a small crack in the top of the roll, they were freshly baked.

Scarlet drew in a deep breath as he sat it down in front of her. Such things… she enjoyed them immensely but rarely had them. Fresh bread was a luxury in the Northern Wastes. She picked up a roll and crunched it in her hands before breaking off pieces and chewing on them thoughtfully. Watching Hunter as he set the tea cup down, then slowly sat across from her. His silver gaze was on her for a moment - then those hard eyes softened for a moment before leaving, sliding around the scan the streets around them.

He wasn’t acting out of the ordinary. Rather, he was acting as though nothing had occured between the two of them at all. This should be good. Things should be this way. It’d sve Scarlet the headache of trying to set boundaries. Of pushing him away. She ignored the tinge of … what was it? Pain? Annoyance? Was she bothered?

Scarlet shook her head and shoved the rest of the roll into her mouth. Perhaps she needed Lye to eradicate her emotions again. It’d make things a hell of a lot easier. She couldn’t allow herself to be hurt again.

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    Fuck. Fuck I just wanted to stand up and walk around this table and take her into my arms, to wrap them around her shoulders and hold her to my chest as she ate. I'd have to - to fuck, what the hell did I have to do here? I took a deep breath and forced my eyes away from her - it was a lot harder to do than I thought it would be.

If they hadn't already, her cravings would probably soon start. I needed to keep an eye out for that - it would be a sign of what nutrients her body was needing. Or, what her mouth craved. But warm bread with butter - a but more expensive than I was used to but not exorbitantly so - was enough for now it seemed. One of her hands fell to the table, and without looking or thinking about it I reached out and rested mine on top of it.

My eyes were still scanning the crowd. Watching for this bastard, because if he knew enough to hide from the Hand, there was a good chance he would be able to recognize dawn girl. I'd have to keep that from happening, if it looked like he was coming back. “Did you need something?” She asked, I looked back to her. She had..she had breadcrumbs and butter dotted around her lips. She usually was quite the dainty eater, but - did they even feed her in the Hand?

“Hmm? No?” I tilted my head, confused. Why did she ask? “Are you still hungry? I can get you more.” I didn't need anything right now - but maybe she did? People tended to ask others for what they themselves wanted, right? She stared at me for a moment before she moved her hand away from underneath mine, she shifted it to sit on her lap underneath the table. Shit - when had I done that? I felt my eye tighten, and I pulled my hand back, staring at it for a moment. “Ah. Sorry.”

She stared at me again, for a few agonising seconds as I shifted, cursing myself for doing that without thinking, before she cleared her throat. “It’d be easier if I had a glamour potion. Whilst in the hand he hit on nearly every woman there. It’d be easier to get closer to him. Unless you wanted to woo him?” She asked as she tilted her head to the side with wry smirk. “You do sort of have that way about you.”

“No, thank you. My preferred type is short with red hair. And tits.” Had I remembered to grab a glamor potion? I don't think this town had an underground shop where we could get one. I started digging into my bags, setting vials up on the table as went. Some were spices or seasonings, one - that I pushed closer to her - was meant to help settle the stomach during pregnancy - and - there. Soft, blue. I pulled it out and handed it to her. “Here, drink these.” It, and the anti-nausea, I pushed to her.

Scarlet twirled them around in her hands as she picked them up. “You have quite the specific type, don’t you.” She drew in a breath causing said tits to rise and fall. “I ain’t that endowed, perhaps you should seek out someone like the fuckin’ fuzzy tit faun.” She added bitterly. I shook my head.

“Impressive as they are, not really my type.” That had been - disastrous. And nothing really had happened. Besides me making her bawl in tears. Whoops. “You though, well. I could stare at you all night and not think one moment wasted.” I shrugged.

Her cheeks reddened, I wasn’t sure if she was even aware of it. “You know I’ll have you rot in a cell if anything happens to me.” She paused before popping the lid off one, then the other. That was - unlikely. Unless she had an allergic reaction to the nausea medicine, but..

“I already checked to make sure the anti-nausea medicine didn't have anything you were allergic to. I want you at the top of your game for this, dawn girl. I want to see you in action.” A motion made me turn my head away as I looked to see if the prey had returned - he had not. I doubted at this point he would. Good.

“Wait...allergies? Why would you- how could you possibly know that?”

I turned back to Scarlet, her body shimmered and her red hair faded to blonde. The black in her eyes diluted to a white and her eyes...her eyes returned to their usual emerald colour. Freckles appeared on her face as her skin became a sun-kissed brown. I tilted my head to one side.

“What? What do I look like?”

“Well. I definitely prefer your original appearance. Except for your eyes. They look better green. Blonde, tanned.” I looked away. It was - easier not to think of dawn girl as my wife, without the more painful, obvious similarity of her eyes laughing in my face. I would have to avoid looking at her eyes though - that staring green gaze was something I craved. It was - safer for me not to look directly at her.

“Come on.” I stood up abruptly. “I - wait. I'll go find out where he went to ground. I'll be back shortly. Finish your tea, please.” I could not look at her. Not right now. The clawing beast in my chest was waking up. And neither of us needed that. I tried off in the direction the man had left.

“I didn’t think I looked that fuckin’ bad…” she muttered under her breath, clearly intending me not to hear. I paused. I looked over my shoulder in her direction, my eyes carefully closed.

“If I don't stop looking at you now, I won't be able to. Your eyes are too damn entrancing.” My voice was thick as I spoke on answer to her muttered comment. Then I straightened myself and strode off.

A member of the NevCrew:

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    “Fuck.” She swore out loud. “Fucking Fuck.” She swore again. Did he have to say that? “Ugh.” She rubbed her eyes. Such comments never normally got to her. It was just a compliment. Nothing more. Nothing less. Scarlet turned to look at her tea. Feeling frustrated.

Finish her tea? No. Fuck him. She wasn’t some goddamn housewife. Scarlet bat her hand and knocked it to the floor. It shattered. Good. That made her feel better.

She stood and tore the front of her shirt. She’d need to...show more accentuating features of her body. The assassin wasn’t sure how long the glamour potion would last so she preferred to act quickly instead of sitting around and waiting. The woman shifted out from the table. Boots crunching the broken teacup beneath her feet as she headed in the direction Hunter went.

She hadn't taken long - so she was surprised to see him already striding back towards her. He paused and did a double take, then shook his head. “I should have known you wouldn't wait.” He chuckled. “Well. I found the bastard. He holed up not far from here, actually. All the beggars in the area are warning each other and anyone who gets too close away. Say they hear roars and screams from inside. Animal roars.” He turned and in what was clearly an automatic motion crooked his elbow for her to take.

“Easy. I pose as a whore, saunter my way in and when I’m deep enough summon you to my side then.” Scarlet pushed his arm gently to his side. He blinked down at his arm. Not in pain, but in confusion. Then his eyes widened and he looked away, and shook his head.

“No - that'd be a waste of a charge of the summoning. I can get inside without it. He's got only a few people left, I can slip in easily enough.” His voice wavered for a moment but he led her to the end of a street nearby. One long, dark arm lifted up and he pointed to a two story house near one end of the street. It looked rather dilapidated, run down and with boards over the windows.

“That is his rather humble abode, now.”

Scarlet grimaced at the less than stellar accommodation. “Eugh… still… it beats what I have lived in before.” She shrugged and gave Hunter a thump on his back with the flat of her palm. “See you on the inside.” He grunted, once.

Scarlet gave Hunter her coat and boots before shifting to a nearby garden bed and started rubbing dirt all over her face and clothes, then in her hair. She dragged a finger along her cheek drawing a thin line of blood then smeared that over her face. Scarlet took a few deep breaths and hiccuped. She had quite the ability to cry on cue, ironic considering how emotionless she thought she was. The assassin turned to look at Hunter. Eyes watering, hair a mess. She sniffled and held out her arms to present herself. In a voice that borderline heartwrenching she asked him. “H-how do I...a-am I pathetic enough?”

His eyes were wide, staring directly at her. She felt more than heard the low growl that rumbled in his chest, and then he shook his head sharply. “You - fit the part.” His voice was strained. “I - should go. Now. I'll see you inside.” He turned and with just a few paces of a running start, leapt up, catching the edge of the gutter and flipping himself up, then he repeated the process and disappeared from sight onto the roof.

Scarlet smirked then nodded as she headed toward the house then flung her body against the wall, sliding down the wood into a sobbing heap.

Guttoral growls started up from within, then a man screaming then silence. Finally, the front door opened. “Who the fuck is there?” A man in his late 40’s with wry silvery hair flashed a crooked and rusted dagger. “I’ll Fuckin’ cut -” He turned his blue eyes to the sobbing visage of Scarlet and paused. “Who are you?”

Scarlet wiped her face, “P-please help…I was taken from one of the brothels...I...I...they were going to take me as a slave…” Scarlet hiccuped and sobbed again. The man stood over her, his face curled into a suspicious snarl. “If yer a whore show me yer mark.”

Right… many of the houses here branded their women. Scarlet shuffled and lifted up the back of her shirt to show him her birthmark. He drew in a deep breath and she felt his grimy fingers run his hand along it. “Aint seen nothin’ like this one.”

“Its...its from the noble houses.”

Scarlet turned to look up at the man from over her shoulder. She could see it, that hungry glint in his eye, the twitch of his mouth. “Ah yes… I know of it.” What a fuckin’ liar. People would say anything to win the ear of those around them.

He held his hand out to Scarlet. “I’ll help hide you, but first - you show me how….skilled you are.”

Scarlet reached up to take his hand and he pulled her up and immediately pressed her into the wall. His groin pressed tightly against her pants. She could smell blood on him, old blood. She wrinkled her nose. “P-promise to take care of me?”

He ran a calloused finger down her cheek. “As long as you take care of me.” He grinned then he pushed his lips roughly against hers, a hand lowered to her breast and twisted it sharply in his grip.

Scarlet groaned, he tasted like cheap swill and his ministrations were less than stellar. Fuck. How did actual whores put up with shit like this? Scarlet tensed, clearly not appreciating his sudden advance. But...she had to play the part so -

So she relaxed into his grip and she softly murmured, tilting her head to the side. She lifted a leg to wrap around his waist. He pulled away and laughed. “Fuck you taste like fuckin’....expensive wine. Come. Come inside.”

He pulled away from her and lead her inside. It was pitch black. She couldn’t see a damn thing.

The door clicked behind him and She smelt something. Wait… wait something wasn’t right.

She felt him press himself against her back. The smell grew stronger. “Didn’t think it’d take long for you to find me. Silly Scarlet. You think I’d forget a mark like that?”

’Shit….Shit shit..SHIT

“Smell that? I cracked that the moment I saw your mark. It’s a hypnotic suggestion. Soon you’ll do anything I say. Anything anyone tells you.” He hoarsely whispered into her ear. “Now be a dear and strip.”

She thought it smelt familiar. Luckily for her, she had a tolerance to the substance. Illroot, something Lye had forced her to get used to. It was used to hypnotically plant suggestions into people. They’d do as they were told and not think anything of it. She had to play along and make him think he had her.

Scarlet slipped out of her pants then shirt, laughing inwardly at the predicament. She really did manage to somehow always get her clothes off. Maybe she should go one step further and just tattoo clothes onto her skin.

“Goood….goood…” The man drawled as he ran a hand over her outline. “Now, follow me to the cages.”

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    It would be so fucking easy to kill this fucking bastard right here and right goddamn now. I growled as he pulled away from dawn girl - I hope you enjoyed that asshole because it may very well be the last time you ever lay those disgusting hands or lips on a woman. I turned away as he spoke to her - and slipped into a hole in the roof. The fucker had clearly bought the cheapest house he could find, to move in quickly.

I had to move quickly. This fucker had already laid those disgusting lips on her once. She may not be my wife - and oh, that thought burned like fire - and she likely would sleep with whoever the hell she wanted - but this, this fat, disgusting cow of a man, our prey? He would not touch her one moment more than necessary.

I had no time for subtlety. I gave myself, no time for stealth. As I moved swiftly, searching the upper floor for the stairs downward. As I moved - I came across a scarred man, closing a door and locking it. Before the door closed, I had time to see a frightened, small, naked boy, clutching himself with tears rolling down his face. I didn't hesitate - sharp, stattaco footsteps brought me to the man as he turned around - and my fingers drove into his throat, plunging straight into the soft flesh. His eyes widened and he tried to cry for help - but it was far too late for him. His words came out a wet, bloody gurgle, and I ripped my hand out from his skin. He stood there for a moment - then collapsed. I kicked his body away and unlocked the door - but didn't bother opening it. Let the boy work up the courage to investigate himself and learn of his freedom on his own. There - the stairs. I rushed to them.

It was the first floor now. The main hall. Ahead I could see - by the unholy empty moon those were her fucking clothes! Something had to be up - we were inside. She should have just killed the bastard. That was what she was here for. I scooped up the clothing and shoved it in my bag, then turned and raced through the halls, searching for where they had gone. As I moved, I came across a stick thin, bitter faced shrew of a woman. I could see why the animal keeper hadn't fed her to his beasts - they would likely die from choking on her bones. She went down to a broken neck, and I kicked her corpse under a table before leaving it. I did see a ring of keys on her belt - I snatched them up. There was a heavy one - labeled ‘basmnt, kayges’. Shit. There was another level. I took off, searching for - there. A door, locked, with a heavy lock that matched the key in my hands. I slipped the key into the lock, and stared into the dark stairs leading down for a moment. I took a breath, and moved down.

I came down to see her with the man, her...naked with him. He ran his hands along her body and was whispering….shit he knew who she was? And he was taunting her? Saying something about sedating her? She...she looked pretty sedated.

They stood before the cage of a large, four legged animal. It's body was that if a lion, strong, powerful legs moving it back and forth, pacing within the cage. It had an angry, roaring face, snarling as it stared at then pair in front of the door to the cage. From its back, where it's tail should be - came a massive, waving scorpion stinger, a thick, green poison dripping from the stinger on the end. This fucking - he had a moon damned MANTICORE?!

“I think I’m going to fuck you - then...I’m going to watch the Manticore fuck you. I wonder if crossbreeding is a thing?” The man hissed at Scarlet.”

I saw red. Fury boiled in my veins, driving rational thought far and away. I drew my blade and began pacing forward. I had planned on watching dawn girl kill this bastard, to see how she worked when she wasn't in emotional conflict - ignoring the amount of conflict we created in each other that is. But - but. This fucker had clearly done something to her. I was going to kill him slowly. Flay him, toss his skin in to his pet there, then slowly dismember him and keep him alive as I fed him piece by piece to his fucking Manticore. I came up, raising my blade above my head to strike him with the oak haft - and froze.

I hadn’t seen it, till now but Scarlet...she already had her hand in his chest. Where her hand had penetrated his chest thick lines of black and green tore through his skin. Signs of poison. The man was screaming, silently screaming. Being kept alive only by her girp. HIs veins throbbed tightly against his head and his mouth foamed with white froth. His eyes were bulging. Bloodshot. Clear signs of a silent torture.

Blood dripped down her arm. She gave a twist before she ripped out his heart, snapping muscle and sinew from his chest. “Hunter? What are you doing?” She - she was OK. My body deflated in relief - she was OK. Rage and fury sapped out of my body, leaving me drained for a moment. Without thinking, I leaned against metal.

“You're OK…” Was all I managed to get out - before my in attentiveness bit me. Or stung me. A stinger shot out towards me - and I barely had time to get my left arm up to intercept it. The manticore’s stinger slammed into me, scraping against stone, and the force of the blow flung me like a rag doll.

“Fuck!” Scarlet swore.

A member of the NevCrew:

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    She snorted. “Honestly, you’re far worse off than I am. I heal. Quickly. If you hadn’t come charging in, I would have taken care of the manticore from a distance. Ah… but I had to be the good guy and let you have your fight didn’t I?” Scarlet shook her head. He should be sorry, he charged in, he put himself in danger. She had everything under control but he let his … his… what was it, his feeligns get in the way? Was that it?

“So there is no good room here, at all?” Scarlet asked. She had to focus on the task at hand, getting him to a bed, and then distancing herself from him whilst the illroot was still thick in the air. She wasn’t about to let him get the jump on her. Damn shit, almost s potent as truth serum if used right.

“Has to be. Just didn't see it. And - no, I'm sorry you have to keep touching me. I know you don't like it.” His voice was thin and thready, and she saw blood still oozing down his arm.

“If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t. Really, you should know me to be callous enough to leave you there. What gave you that idea?”

A soft, bitter laugh. “Because most of the time I don't feel I deserve to be close to you, let alone touch you.” They were at the stairs, and he started to drag himself upwards, stabbing the blade in and pulling his form up.

“Now what the fuck is that supposed to mean?” Scarlet asked herself as she followed him up the stairs. The two finally made their way up, and they made a hard left. Hunter dismissing the right having come down from there.

They were in luck. It was the only room in the whole house that was clean, and done up as the door swung open to the master bedroom Scarlet let Hunter slide to the floor. She dusted off her hands. Her lower back still ached and no doubt still had shards of glass protruding from it.

“This… is surprisingly nice.”

And it was. The room had a queensize bed adorned in fluffy quilts and animal skins, Scarlet aprpoched it and pressed down on the creme linen. “Goose down.” She mused. The window had been boarded up, but there were several oil lamps dotted around the room giving the two plenty o light. There was a porcelain bath in the far corner, with pipes connecting from that to the hearth and a fire was lit, already roaring. They had hot water.

“Looks like our host wasn’t expecting any company tonight.” Scarlet mused as she turned back to hunter.

“Too bad that he got some then, and had to give up the best room in the house.”

“Shall I run a bath for you?”

Hunter paused and looked down at his body. He was looking a little steadier, but he still needed the blade to stay upright. He shrugged. “Only if you want to join me.” He

“D-do I look like a fucking courtesan to you?” Scarlet snapped. The bath was big enough for the two sure….but to say such a thing? Why on earth would he want that? Scarlet was trying to be civil. She lifted her hand to her head, she could feel the haze of the illroot ebbing at her consciousness. She had to keep tabs on it or she’d start saying shit without thinking..

He paused, staring at her. Then softly he shook his head. “No, you don't.” Even softer, barely audible. “You look like my wife.” Then he started towards the bath, an awkward, shuffling pace as he tried not to damage the floor with the blade.

“I look like her, but I’m not her.” Scarlet said as she followed then passed him. She turned the taps and water rushed out. The assassin leaned against the rim of the tub. “Are you well enough to pull out any remaining glass from my lower back? I can’t see there.”

Pain. That’d distract her from his silent thoughts. Fuck why won’t he shut up. Why did he keep referencing her as his wife? Sure she may have been, but that was in the past. That was a dead life. A meaningless dead and useless life.

“Yes. Bend over.” There had been a pause for a moment there. She could still see blood falling, but slower now. She found herself bending over far too easily for him. She hoped he hadn’t noticed the complacency. Scarlet was aware of it, she was aware why. She just - she needed fresh air. She needed to clean herself up and let him heal here on his own.

Yes…

She’d try to do that.

“Fuck. You look good.” His breath was a whisper. Then she felt his fingers glide across her skin, warming her with his touch, and occasionally plucking small shards of glass that she hadn't even felt enter her. His hands dipped lower, splaying across the round of her ass. She felt shards dig in - then his hands twisted them out.

“Just do your job. I don’t need the commen-Fcuk…” Her knees buckled as she felt him push glass back into her skin. “I said pull them OUT!” Scarlet hissed as she straightened her back and turned to face him. Steam began to fill the room as the bath continued to run.

“Can’t you folllow a simple fuckn’ order?”

He held up his hands, showing that they were filled with glass. “I was.” He stepped over and dumped the glass into the sink, then stood tj right for a long moment, silent.

Scarlet glared at him before sighing and turning back around. Perhaps she was wrong. “Is it all gone now?”

“Most of it. There's a few shards closer to the middle.” There was strain to his voice as he spoke. Like he was gritting his teeth. She briefly wondered why, but she couldn’t let that curiosity get the better of her now. Not when she was in such a state.

“Remove it.” She said. “Make it quick so we can get you into the bath.”

“one… Moment.” There was a painful grating sound, and she heard a pained exhalation. “Fuck. OK. Fuck. I can… Help you now.” She heard a loud clatter, and then his footsteps approached her.

“Bend over and brace yourself. And don't move too much, I'm going to be kneeling behind you to make sure I got it all.”

That ….sounded dangerous. Scarlet ndded her acknowledgement. The less she spoke the better. She shouldn’t dare speak about what sort of connotations that his words had. This was meant to be a track and kill. Not another awkard night spent together.

“Make sure to tell me if you feel anything.” She heard him shift, his clothes rustling as he knelt down.

“Alright.”

Shit. Why did I just say that so simply? Fucking traitor and his fucking drugging her. Scarlet was pissed. She thought she had a better handle on illroot than this.

“Good. Alright. Bend, please.” She bent over, her bloodied breasts and tendrils of long crimson hair dipped into the rising water. Being careful not to move too much Scarlet reached up and turned the taps off. The water was hot. “Ugh...the water is probably too hot for you right now.” she muttered.

She felt his fingers gently caressing her ass, soft, feather light touches that barely skimmed her skin. They paused once or twice, and she felt him slide glass out of her. Then his hands began working inwards, pressing softly in spots.

“When we’re done, you should get in too. As much as I love to see you covered in blood, I want you to wash off so we can make sure I didn't miss any.” His voice was gentle, tender. She felt his fingers glance over her ass hole, an accidental touch. Then from very close to that, she felt glass be removed.

“Yeh….ok. I - ah..w-what are you-” She clamped her mouth down. No. don’t say anything. Scarlet would have to keep quiet. “This is because I braced your fall.” Yes. Yes that was better, that was truth. That was truth and it wasn’t anything that was anything to do with...this current situation,

“Dawn, talk to me. Was something wrong there? And - yes. I'm sorry.”

“No...it...it feels nice.” Scarlet said. She inwardly swore at the words that left her mouth. He was an astute man. But she hoped he wasn’t that clued in and that his pain and blood loss made him miss these faux paux.

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    The illroot was wearing off. Scarlet was aware of what she was doing. Of who. Why was he saying these things? They didn't exactly put her at ease. Even with him grinding hard into her, and her enjoying it Scarlet pulled herself up then off of him. Now...was not the time for that.

She wanted more. Gods she wanted to finish herself off. But this had gone far enough. Scarlet...didn’t want every encounter with the man to end with the two fucking out their frustrations. Blood fell from her inner thighs and trickled into the stained water. Her body ached, sure she was a masochist, and sure she liked the pain but the kind he inflicted seemed...odd to her. She wasn’t sure if he was enjoying it, or if he was just going through the motions. It almost felt...sloppy. That wasn’t what bothered her.

What bothered her was the way she just admitted everything. She was furious. Scarlets hands were balled into fists. Scarlet wasn’t angry at him for taking advantage of the situation. How could she be? Scarlet would have done the very same thing. Well - she wouldn’t have fucked him. But she would have sucked every piece of information she could from him.

“A jolly ol’ fuck eh?” Scarlet mumbled then laughed bitterly. She shook her head. Why the hell did me make her think of that cuck of a woman. What a cockblock. Even when she wasn’t here.

“Why should I care who you fuck. I ain't got no control over that. I don't care.” She shifted her eyes to look up at him. The gold rims were fading, being engulfed by the inky black. She was getting close. Too close. This…this feeling in her chest. She had to sort this out. She had to sort him out. Why was it whenever anything got serious he’d shrink back? Scarlet felt like she couldn’t hold a decent conversation with him without it ending in some sort of angsty emotional drama.

“Then I won't. Fuck.” He stood up, and shoved his way out of the water. “And you don't have to worry about Philomel. Not my type and she thinks I'm a genetic monster.” He paused in the water and looked at her, then clamped his right hand over the hole in the left forearm. Did the two correlate? Why did he clasp the stone part of his arm as he mentioned fuzzy tits name?

Hunter continued. ”You don't have to care who I'm with, Dawn girl. But I'll listen anyway. I - should leave.” He shook his head, and there was self-harm in those silver eyes before he was moving away, keeping his face turned away from her. He grabbed up his clothes and paused in the doorway, tugging on the trousers. She heard him swallow, loudly. “I'm sorry. I'll leave you be until you need me again. But - everything I said was true.” He tugged his shirt over his head. “I'm going to go let that kid know he's free. I'm - glad you're OK.” He pushed open the door to leave.

There it was. She knew this would happen. The leaving, the fucking emotional manipulation of ‘oh I’ll just leave then but ya you’re ok’ Scarlet wondered if he was even aware of how manipulative he was being right now. She wasn’t sure if she should congratulate him or kick his ass out to the curb. Neither. His actions pissed her off.

“Why do you always just walk away?” Scarlet turned to him. “What kind of fuckin’ man walks away when he is being challenged? Are you aware you’re being an emotionally manipulative asshole?”

She was angry. Angry at herself for letting him get to her. Angry at him for always saying he would leave. Angry at Philomel and her god-damn fucking perfect tits meddling in his shit. “Aren't you meant to face challenges? You felled that manticore, you killed that drake, oh but when it comes to facing me you just put your damn tail between your legs and vanish?” The words continued, like venom. She was used to it, to using them for this. To bring hatred upon her. She almost couldn’t help herself. “Fuck. I’m surprised you lasted 800 years with her.”

He froze. His fingers splintered the wood of the door jamb. He slowly turned around, and the silver in his eyes was blazing. He let the piece of shattered wood fell from his hand in tiny clatters to the floor as he slowly began to stalk towards her. There was no tenderness in the gaze now, but an intense, cold stare that pierced through her. Scarlet matched it with one of her own.

Good. That’s better. That’s what I’m used to and that’s what we need. Scarlet thought to herself.

“Let me make something -perfectly- clear, Scarlet. The only, only time, I back down from something, is if I think it will hurt you. Because I am absolutely fucking terrified of losing you again and this time because of my own fucking actions.”

Scarlet blinked. She was expecting hate, she was expecting anger and whilst she was getting it to some degree from the man...his words weren’t said to hurt her.

As he spoke the Hunter was slowly pacing towards her. “It was -my- inaction that ripped my wife and our child away from me. Because I faced challenges without a fucking care in the world. Even when my Amari warned me not to. I was stupid. I ran face first into everything. A perfect, little, hunter. And then because I didn't know when to fucking walk away, someone learned about my wife. And her heritage. And I trusted them - and I lost her.”

“You giving up and being a fucking wimpy shit - leaving. That hur-” the words caught in her throat. No. She wouldn't say that. She barely knew the man. He froze again. His the coldness in his gaze faded. He closed his eyes and took several deep breaths. When they opened again to her black tinged gaze, they were guarded, wary. Contemplative.

“You say - you said you don't care who I fuck. I care. Because I don't want to hurt you. Philomel - is an ally. One I feel fairly certain can do with seeing less of me than she already has. Last time I saw her, I made her break down crying. But - I will not go near her sexually.” He was standing closer to her now, having moved forward as he spoke. “And I will not leave your side until you return to your - to him.”

“You made her cry? What did you deny her sex or something?”

Scarlet didn’t like that he had allied himself with the faun. She knew where that would lead. The woman and her self righteous heroic attitude would no doubt end up swaying him. Her and her sweet words and her lilting lillies and everything else. She had at her disposal. She was a powerful enemy. Already, Scarlet felt it may be best to just leave. But then wouldn’t she be doing just what he was? Leaving the situation because she couldn’t handle it?

Scarlet swore. “See where trusting someone gets you-?” She turned away from him and sat herself on the edge of the plush bed. Running her hands over its soft covers. “I'm… not Good with emotions. I'm not good with comfort. I'm nrt a good person. You want to tell that kid they’re free? Hell - I’ll kill it. It’s life is going to be miserable anyway. So why not just slit its throat and be done with it?” She sighed. Such actions had caused ire before. Killing an ‘innocent’ child. Who the hell cared?

Scarlet swung her legs to and fro, her toes danced along the polished wooden floorboards. “I'm not your wife. Gods it'd be easier if I was but no - I have no memories of that life. That is not who I am. Who I am… what I am is a danger. You’ll come to learn that. Be it from me, from Advencia or from Tits McGee.”

She felt his hand rest on her shoulder and offer it a tight squeeze. He pulled his hand away and was quiet as he walked around the bed and moved onto it. Scarlet felt the bed shift - and then his back was against hers, supporting her. She felt his warmth trickle into her cold, virtually lifeless skin. He drew in a deep breath that moved her slightly, then let it out slowly, in a drawn out hiss. “You never were good with comfort. Ky’lin would always come to me if she was upset about something. You loved her fiercely, but - showing it has always been a bit off for you. But - you know? You called me Flay in the bath. Just now.” His voice was soft. Calm.

Scarlet laughed bitterly. “You keep saying ‘me’ as though we are the same person. We’re not Same lifeforce, soul or whatever - sure. But personality? I doubt it. You’re only going to hurt yourself if you keep looking for similarities.” She paused, hearing him mention the name. “Well...it suited.”

“It does. Because it was Ri’s favorite Nickname for me. She called me it more often than Fil'ayn. Hell, I only heard my full name from her when she was pissed off at me, or really, really distracted.” She felt him shift against her back, the bed creaking.

“is that so?” So much for her words of not being that person. She didn’t expect that. Perhaps it was possible to have snippets of memories. She had seen them before - when the Ixian Knight helaed her of her corruption the first time. Scarlet had seen them all, countless glowing reincarnations of herself. Course - they were all glowing and bright so there was no way in telling which of them was which. They looked exactly the same.

“It was. Confused me when you used it.” He sighed and shook his head, his hair dancing against the back of her head. “There are times when you are so like her that it hurts. Making off with my tea, for example. Knowing when bath water is going to be too hot for me. Small things. Makes it very hard to disassociate you from her. But - she’d probably hate me now, you know. I was the one who got distracted, held up - and the damn magic-hunters came.” His body sagged. “I’m - always half expecting it now. That you’ll turn around, and it will be her looking out from behind your eyes, full of hate for me for failing her.” Now was when he moved away, though he only moved up the bed, and from the corner of her eye she could see that he was leaning against the wall. Silent, his face twisted in thought.

“So what if I do?” Scarlet swung her legs off the bed and headed to the bath. Pulling the plug. “So what if I somehow...fuckin’ magically and conveniently be your dead wife, so what if she hates you? She’s dead.” She enunciated the ‘dead’ with a heavy punctuation. Driving home the fact. Even with what Aislynn did, and how it reconnected her to her past selves. There was no guarantee it could be done again.“You know her more than I. Do you think she’d carry such resentment?”

“She-she should. By every right, she should. But.. She wouldn't.” His body deflated.

“I act like her. Do I look like her, aside from being a white ass fucker?” Scarlet asked as she turned and leaned against the porcelain rim of the bathtub. It wasn’t as comfortable as the large bed but Hunter was currently taking up that space.

“Yes. Aside from your skin tone and your eyes - painfully so. And your birthmark, the mark of your cycle, is in a different place.” He sighed, and she noticed he had started rubbing his left arm - his fingers running along the edge of the hole that pierced through it. It seemed - a little smaller, but it was healing nowhere near as fast as the other injuries.

“Your arm. It’s stone. Why?” She needed to distract herself, and him from the previous conversation. So she did resemble his dead wife, and act like her. Great. Just fuckin’ great. He looked down, as if only now realizing what he was doing.

“Did I tell you how I came to be here, on this continent, instead of Alerar?” He lifted his eyes to her. “This is - tied to that.”

“No you didn’t, I don’t ask questions. We aren’t exactly...chatty about that sort of thing.” Scarlet dusted her hands off then went to wipe them on her clothes only to realise - well - she still wasn’t wearing any. The woman sighed as she reluctantly headed over to the bed and dragged off one of the many blankets and wrapped it around herself before sitting on the end of the bed. “Regale me.”

He chuckled and nodded. “Well. It started in an inn. I was there waiting to see if anyone had a Hunt. Then in comes this blonde human woman - an oddity in Alerar. She tries seducing me, I think, but does it entirely wrong to really get me. Then she insults me, and I left. Outside - well. I ran into titfaun. Turns out, they were there looking for information, and the human woman was an absolute nonce about trying to get me alone to ask.”

Scarlet scoffed. “Sounds like something she’d do. What was she looking for?” Scarlet waved her hand dramatically in the air. “Ways to fell the evil sciences of steam engines?”

“Oh, nothing so grandiose as all that. She had apparently found out that Alerar was working on genetic experimentation.” His voice was - oddly bland.

“Oh?” Scarlet lowered her hands. “What, that’s you? So what? She needs to keep her fuckin’ nose out of other peoples business.” The Hunter nodded once, then shook his head.

“Indeed, I am one of the people who was experimented on. This was - during the years I had lost, so I wasn't aware of my past at the time. But in any case. She of course felt that genetic experiments are an affront to nature, and that I was a vile monster who had to be slain. She chased me across some rooftops before flanking me with that damn grinning fox.” He grunted.

“I truly thought I was going to die there. No one would have even noticed, then.”

Scarlet bought a knee up to rest under her chin. She….she didn’t like Philomel, rather she hated the woman. But she didn’t think the woman so callous, so big headed that she’d kill another over something so trivial. It didn’t make sense to Scarlet. “I’m disappointed with her.” Scarlet muttered. “I thought she was better than that. If it puts you at ease, if she tries it again I’ll crush that foxes skull and rip its flesh off to throw in her face.” Scarlet offered Hunter a grin. “I’ll show you the memory too so you can see the look on her face as her beloveds dead carcass slowly slides down from it to plop onto the floor.”

He snorted. “Careful. Damn thing can grow and breathe fire, don't know if it could do that last time you met it. And she has a fucking dragon. Not a drake, but a thirty foot long fucking dragon. And - turns out she didn't kill me. Just bound me, threw me in a cell on her ship, and sailed away.” He leaned back against the wall, and frowned before taking off his shirt. When it was off he began rubbing the edge where stone and flesh met on his arm.

“So we’re sailing. I'm her captive. She keeps coming down to me and trying to convince me that science is unnatural, an abomination and an insult to the gods. Which I calmly shut the hell down. Science is more natural than magic and the gods. But I won't bore you with that. Suffice to say, every time the youngling tried to talk to me, she came away with a headache and her worldview being slapped down.” He shook his hed, amused. Then the amusement faded.

“Cue her coming down, drinking. And finally admitting why we left so suddenly. Turns out someone important left the fort, and she had to go back and rescue them from being an idiot. Asked me if I knew of any cures for Medusa or Gorgon stoning. I did, do - but they're based in

Scarlet interrupted. “Let me guess - that evil abomination of science was the cure? Who was so important to her to have her run off like that? Shinsou? Storm?”

He frowned. “I - cannot say. It wasn't either of those - I'd never heard of shinsou at this point. But yes. Not only that - but she needed me to track the individual down. Because a Gorgon had been hunting in the area, and threatening the women of her little fort family. That was part of the reason she needed me so badly - but couldn't admit it. Who wants to admit they need the help of a monster? Other, calmer heads prevailed, and I followed the tracks. Right to the person as the Gorgon bit them. Stoned them completely with their venom. We fought it - and I was bit. We managed to get the Gorgon back before it could inject too much venom into my system -”

Scarlet frowned. He woudn’t tell her? Why? What secret was the faun keeping. Did she have some sort of family? A sister? Brother? Scarlet felt anger build inside of her. “What is so important to that bitch? To have you get injured like that? After she treated you like that? What the fuck is her fucking problem?”

He stared at her for a long, long moment, then he shook his head and leaned forward to take her hand in his left. He held tight, not letting her take it away. “Her problem is that she didn't want to admit she was wrong. It's hard for someone so young to admit to faults.” He shook his head again. “My - the cure worked on the victim. But it didn't work on me - I guess because the stoning venom wasn't fully injected, it affected my chemistry differently. So until I find another solution, I'm left with this.” He rubbed his right hand against the stone flesh.

“You won’t answer me will you?” Scarlet hissed as she yanked on her hand futily. Wasn’t he the one who said they should talk more and that she should tell him how she felt. Why was she the one that was forced to tell him everything and he got off free?

“I - dawn, I can't. I wish I could. I wish I could share everything with you.” He sounded torn. He closed his eyes and let go, and leaned back. “This isn't my secret. Or I would tell you in a heartbeat.”

“Fine.” She spat.”Go have your secrets with her.” Why did it have to be her of all people? Scarlet shook her head then f the bed. “Scooch I am cold and want to get under.” She pointed to the goose down he sat on.

“But I can't hate her, even if she did kidnap me and got me hurt.” He complied, shifting over to give her room. “Because if she hadn't kidnapped me - I wouldn't have found you again.”

“Yeh, well like that fuckin’ matters. She’ll take you from me. She takes everything from me. So fuckin… I don’t car.e.. I’m done with this subject. I shouldn’t have asked.” Scarlet pulled the blanket from

“She will not take me from you. No one will.” He voice was firm - and looking at him, she saw that his intense silver gaze was focused on her, shining brightly. He then blinked and looked away, and shifted off of the bed. Without looking back at her, he stripped down, tossing the clothes to the side. Then he slipped under the covers - keeping a short distance away from her.

“She will… they all go in the end.” Scarlet whispered as she forced her eyes shut

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    “Fucking, FUCK!” Scarlet shifted behind Hunter and braced his fall. She winced as she landed on glass, it crunched beneath her nude form. It’s shards slicing her skin. She had no time for that. She shifted out from underneath him. Her fingers ripped through his jacket. She couldn’t let him die here. What kind of….no - no...Manticores were deadly poisonous. Shit, what if it was already killing him?
    “I’ll rip your arm off before-” She paused. She was going to say before the poison had a chance to kill him. But where the stinger had….why was his arm stone? “Hunter...Why the fuck is your arm stone?” Scarlet dropped him and stood, brushing the shards of glass off her back. No - that wasn't important now, they needed to focus on the immediate. She could interrogate him about his arm - later. She hoped.

“What the fuck was that? I was fine. Why the hell wouldn’t I be?”

“...I thought…he did something to you....” Hunter’s voice was dazed, and choked. He was clearly trying to recover from the stinger slamming into him. He shook his head slowly and sat up, the fingers of his right hand brushing against the gouge in the stone of his left forearm.

Scarlet shook her head. “He used illroot. I’m not… fully immune to it, but a small amount shouldn’t affect me. If it does, it’d be delayed. Get up stone boy.” There was - an emotion, strained. She was relieved. Frustrated….Dammit Scarlet wasn’t sure. She was just thankful he wasn’t dead. He forced himself to his feet - and she winced at the fact that it took longer than it should have.

She turned her eyes to the Manticore to distract herself.. “So - do we kill it, tame it and keep it, or sell it?” She wanted to kill it. She wanted to rip off its damn stinger- she wanted to climb into its mouth and rip out the back of its throat. But- she had her mark. This….this could be his choice. That was what… what was it Erik called it? ‘Jolly Cooperation’?

“I took my mark. This beast, whatever happens is up to you.

He snarled. It was a low, angry, vicious sound, one that promised pain. “It needs to die. Here and now.” She heard the distinctive click of his weapon. She felt a tad disappointed she wouldn’t be able to take it on herself but she gave a nod. “We need to kill it.”

“Right.” Scarlet knelt down and took the keys from the dead traitor. “I’ll unlock the cage then you have at it. I’ll ….I’ll be here to keep an eye on you.” She hesitated. A manticore was a chore for her at close range. Just a single swipe of its stinger sent him flying. Scarlet took a deep breath. She ahd to have faith in his ability. If he died...then wouldn’t that mean he was worthless as a hunter? Wouldn’t that be …. The trash literally taking itself out? Still… the thought of him dying weighed on her.

She turned to the cage and with a click of the lock she rolled out the way just in time for the manticore to slam the bars of the door to the side and take a step out. It bellowed, an angry cry that shook the room around them. Hunter roared his own challenge back, the sound barely human - drow, she supposed. There was another click, and the man snapped his short, spear like weapon to full extension.

Scarlet grit her teeth and two snakes burst forth from her back. They hissed and spluttered. Emitting a dark and powerful energy. One that caught the attention of the Manticore.

Well fuck.

“I distract it. You kill it.” Scarlet called.
    The manticore leaped at her, its tail swopped down to strike her exposed chest. Scarlet effortlessly sidestepped it. The manticore rose its paw and knocked her to the ground. Winding her. Scarlet coughed and spluttered. Shit… that was sloppy.

Why the hell did that traitor expect Scarlet to .. to sleep with the beast? Shit… the illroot. It was having an effect. She didn’t have the urge to fuck the beast. Thankfully but it was inhibiting her ability to fight it.

“H…..Hunter the fuckin.. illroot.”

The damn thing was distracted from its fallen foe though - by a large, sharp blade digging through its side. It screwed pain, and lashed out - but the thing that had hurt it was already gone.

“Dawn - Scarlet - Amari! get out of here! Now! ” Hunter - no, that was definitely too full of emotion to be hunter- that was Fil'ayn, yelling at her to leave, to get to safety. She could hear the fear and concern in his words.

Scarlet stood, ignoring the thick red gash against her torso. She had a new order ringing through her mind. Good. At least this would help her. The manticore roared and its giant maw lowered over Scarlet as if to bite her. She grabbed hold of its muzzle and used it to leverage herself up and onto its back. It screamed and thrashed. Its tail- fuck its tail. If she let it strike her. It’d pierce right through her and into itself. That poison would kill her - but it’d also fell the best. Enough so that Hunter would be able to beat it.

“Hunter - let it pierce me!”

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    God damn it no! No! Why wasn't she leaving! Damn it, damn it no! This stupid, stupid, woman that I cared about - she was climbing into its back! Fuck - the tail! No, no I would not, could not let that happen!

As she spoke the words slid off of my ears, not even pent rating the fog of concern and terror. I don't care if she could come back - it hurt watching her die, now that I knew who she was. I could not, would not, let that happen. I roared, fear and concern and rage boiling.

And what if….what if she didn’t come back? What if it was one time too many? This would not be the day she died like this, I refused. The Manticore stabbed down, trying to rid itself of its weight - and I leapt up, intercepting the stinger with my arm. This time, the stinger just barely broke through the stone - punching straight through my arm to do it.

Even stone, that hurt. In fact, I think it hurt worse than if I had had normal flesh. But - its venom, the true danger, uselessly trailed out from the hole in the stone forearm, and I drive my blade up and in between segments of the plate covering the stinger. The Manticore shrieked in pain and lashed out, trying to throw me off - but all that did was wrench me around. Rapidly. It was stuck in me, and my blade in it. An impasse - until it spun its tail in a hard circle.

There was a wet, tearing sound, and I flew way, hitting the wall with a heavy crack. I felt bones crack from the impact. But - I had succeeded. Its stinger was imbedded in my arm, and the tail on its back had a wet, bloody end now, the last foot or so missing - because it was attached to me.

Scarlet was still attached to the back o the Manticore, she… fuck me she had sunk her teeth and hands into the base of its tail. Ripping the rest of it off in a shower of green ooze that hissed the moment it landed on her and thick ichor. She was growling, she was fierce. She was bleeding and yet she was still fighting. She was glorious.

The Manticore bellowed in pain. I forced my self to my feet, ignoring the agony in my left arm. I charged at it, and it spun. I ducked under the paw that tried to claw off my head, and when it roared at me I grinned fiercely. “Open wide, asshole.” I thrust my left arm into the maw, twisting so that if it bit down, it would drive its own stinger into its brain. The Manticore was at least smart enough to realize the threat.

It gargled and backed away from me. I stalked forward, keeping its mouth locked on dealing with me. Scarlet lifted herself from its back and dug her hands deep down into its flesh. Her glamour had worn off, she was drenched in red. Her black and gold eyes in a deep scowl as she began to sever the meaty tendon of its neck from its body. It roared, and its mouth closed reflexively.

Fucking.

Hell.

That hurt. A lot. Its teeth drove into the meat of my arm, gouging out bloody furrows. My eyes went blank from the pain. But - closing its mouth had done exactly why I had intended it to, but hadn't expected it to. The stinger was sticking out of the top of its head, as dawn girl ripped the damn thing apart. The mouth went slack, and with a wet sucking sound I ripped my arm, and it's grisly trophy, out.

Scarlet rolled off the beasts back and collapsed to the floor, breathing heavily. One hand clutched at her bleeding abdomen the other kept her steady on the floor. “H-Hunter. Cover your face with...a cloth covered in blood. Perfume. Anything.” She breathed. “I still smell illroot.” I dropped my weapon and staggered over to her, and dropped to my knees with a grin behind my mask.

“You said anything.” And I collapsed, my face landing in the blood on her stomach. “Damn, I want to kiss you right now.” I was, probably, little delirious. I think.

I felt her hiss and wince at the pain. Her fingers curled up underneath my jacket, only to rip off a chunk of my shirt. She shoved it between my face and her body. Pushing it against my skin. “Hunter I’m being serious. Continued exposure isn’t good.”

She sounded….strained. I looked up at her and her lips were parted. I rolled back, and showed her blood drenching the face mask. “I listened, Dawn. You always were the more astute of us.” I tried to sit up, and my head swam. Shit. Bloodloss, from my arm. I forced myself to my feet, and swayed.

She pressed her weight against me to help me up. “Can’t you heal?” she asked. She sounded like she was in pain. She was bleeding too wasn’t she? I shook my head.

“Light wounds heal quickly enough. Heavy ones, like this bite - that will take longer. Is there - anything I can to to help you?” We made a fine pair, soaked in out own and our targets blood.

She shook her head and parts of her body flashed a brilliant gold. Fuck that light… she had user it before but it was now far more familiar. And it made my heart ache, because it was from better times. She stood up straighter, supporting more of my weight. “I’m good. Did you want to hole up here for the night? Surely there’s one decent room in this pit.”

“Has to be. Fucker would have taken it. There's - a kid upstairs. Raped. I killed the raper but fuck it, the kid is still there.” I shook my head and began staggering towards the stairs. I stooped to pick up the Saw-Spear, and nearly fell over. Damn it. I was trying not to make her touch me. I knew she was not - not my wife. She didn't… Fuck. I slammed the saw spear down to keep myself upright, and nearly fell over even with it.

She was at my side again. Hands splayed out over my shoulder. Head resting in the underside of my arm.

“Ill kill the kid after we get you to the room.” I shook my head, and wow the room was spinning. Come on healing, kick in please. Please.

“that room was shit. Too far upstairs, in bad repair. Kid saylw nothing. Leave him be.” I tried to move away from her, but nearly fell over again. So I had to cling to her, and I closed my eyes. “Fuck… I’m sorry…” I whispered it.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    I blinked. It felt - nice? “My touching you does? Or was it a specific touch?” I felt my pulse quicken. Shit. Well looked like I had recovered enough to get hard over the blood stained woman in front of me. Now I just had to not let that actually get to me. I froze, and my eyes slid down.

Oh moon. That was that odd smell. I swallowed. The fluid repellent treatment on my mask had let her blood slip off, and I hadn't noticed as an odd scent was filling my nose. Shit. Was that why I was going along so easily with her asking me to pull the glass out? When I *knew* that it was a bad idea? I swallowed. Hopefully it had dissipated enough not to be a problem for me. But I didn't have her trained resistance to it.

“Both.” Came her reply. Come to think of it...she was being quite complacent herself. She did say she got a face full of it, and it could affect her albeit more slowly. Well. This night was going to be interesting. I swallowed again, my throat dry. I closed my eyes, and ran my hands up the back of her legs gently. They curved inwards, running along her inner thighs.

“I-I don't think you have any more glass in, not that I can see now. Tell me if you want anything else.” I worded it as a soft command. Testing. I let my hands pause. Just, not, touching. This was a bad idea. A terrible one. I wanted to taste her. I started to pull my hands away.

“Your warmth.” She replied almost instantly, then - her body stiffened. “I mean. Warmth in general. Its cold.”

“Dawn. Don't hide things from me, please. But - in.” I stood up and moved away, as much we I did not want to. I watched her climb into the bathtub - then my eyes widened.

She sighed and the words fell from her lips. Strained. “I like your touch and your warmth.” oh. Don't ask don't ask don-

“And me, I hope?” Fuck. I coughed, trying to cover up what I said. “Do you want me in with you?”

“Yeh. But I shouldn’t.” She looked up at me, pensive. “Yes.”

I slowly, cautiously removed my clothes. I winced as the fabric of my sleeve tugged on the still healing wounds on my arm - then used my ruined shirt to shop up the poison around the hole in my arm. I had ripped the stinger out, so now there was just, well, a hole. In the middle of my left forearm. It was odd. I had almost sensations coming from that spot, and feeling the odd emptiness was bizarre. I moved to the sink and rinsed the stone down, watching blood and poison swirl down the drain. There, now it would be safe for me to get in. I finished stripping and turned around to see dawn girl staring at me.

“What?”

“You’re handsome.” As she said those words her face turned away from me and she looked annoyed at herself.

“And you're beautiful. May I join you?” I tried to gloss over her statement, so she would stop thinking about it - and stop being upset with herself. She nodded in agreement. “Please join me.”

I climbed in, folding myself into the water. She was right - it was just a few degrees hotter than I would normally like. How the hell did she know that? I adjusted myself - and hoped she hadn't noticed the growing problem between my legs as I got in. I closed my eyes and leaned back.

“Alright. We’re both soaking. Talk to me dawn girl, what's on your mind?”

The words fell from her mouth like trickling water, beautiful pure and innocent words that she would never normally say. “You. I keep telling myself I need to not involve myself with you. You’re nothing. You’re just a hunter, a drow - but I’ve never felt so much strange and confusing things. I keep recalling that night. How amazing you felt inside me. How warm everything was. How much I miss feeling warmth like that. Then I tell myself no. I cannot have that. I shall not have that. I refuse to fall victum to another. But you’re making it so hard and-”

“Come here.” I spoke softly, interrupting her, opening my arms. She pressed herself straight into them, and her body, still slick with blood pressed against me. I coiled my arms around her, and I knew she could feel the erection pressing against her. “I don't want you to be my victim, dawn girl. I will give you this, whenever you ask. I will be what you want and need me to be. Your friend. An occasional lover - or more than occasional if you want. Your hunter.” I spoke softly into her hair, bending my head down to rest my face against the top of her crimson strands of hair.

“You just have to tell me what you want.”

“I want you.” Came her immediate response. “I feel safe with you. I feel satisfied when you force your will on me. I feel content around you. Like it just should be so.” I blinked. That was rather more than I expected her to say, even under the influence of this drug in our lungs. Had she even realized that I'd shucked off my face mask as useless? I swallowed. This was a terrible idea. I could stop this, now. I could have her move back to the other side of the tub, and stay there, safe from me. Or - I could not do that. I could keep her here, warm and in my lap where she felt she belonged.

“Dawn. As you have no doubt noticed by now, I am currently extremely physically - and emotionally - aroused. I'm going to leave the decision in your hands. You can return to your side of the tub - or you can lift up and reset, and take me in. We won't do more unless you want, but -” But just being inside of her would be a wonderful torment. “But you can have some of that warmth again.”

“I'd like that.” Her voice came as a strained growl and I felt her fingers curl into my legs. “fill me. Dominate me. Flay. It's a challenge.” I felt my eyes widen. How in the absolute hell did she know that name. I growled, matching the one from her - then lifted her up. A twist of my hips lined her properly, and I slammed her down, plunging straight into the furthest parts of her. The room lit up with a soft golden glow, leaking from between us, and the sight of it made me smile warmly - because she was using her healing far more freely than she had before. Either she really, really wanted this, or she was finding it easier to tap into the healthier aspects of her magic. Either way, it was good. Then -

Her cry was tantalizing, and it drove me mad. I had intended to just sit here in the bath with her, washing away the blood that covered us both. But then she had to go and call me that - and challenge me no less. So I complied. I obeyed. I lifted her up again, and pulled her back down, making her yelp again.

It was glorious to listen to her. I started pounding her, lifting her up and dropping her down, and I knew that her inner walls were taking a beating, stretching as I drove into her. To make things easier on her, I let her sit on me for a moment, and snaked one hand around her to rapidly, roughly, strum her clit in a fast, tight circle with my fingers. My left arm swept up her body, and curled around one of her breasts, roughly lifting it out of the water and squeezing it. She claimed that she didn't have an impressive set of tits - I argued that point and would as long as I lived. My fingers sank into the soft flesh, groping and squeezing, twisting and scraping with my nails. They fit her, and they were wonderful. “I happen to find these tits of yours amazing, ‘Ri. I always have.” I growled into her ear, then bent my head down to bite her neck hard.

She rolled her hips into mine and wrapped her arms around me, I felt the soft and gentle touch of her lips upon my neck then lower jaw. Before she could reach my lips I grined.

With a final pinch to her nipple, tugging on the sensitive little nub, I let my left arm drop back down to her hips. I flattened my right hand and began rubbing her clit back and forth. My grip on her left hip dug in, the fingers squeezing tight - and then I lifted her up with that hand, and slammed her back down. Her body shook with the force of the impact, and water splashed out of the tub. The head of my cock had been driven against her cervix on that thrust, and her back arched. I lifted her up and dropped her again before I spoke.

“This is yours any time you ask for it, Dawn girl. I won't lie to you and say I won't fuck other people - as much as I want it, you keep reminding me you aren't my wife. But,” I turned her head to me with my right hand, pulling it away from playing with her clit to do so. I kissed her, hard, driving my tongue into her mouth and exploring it. After a few moments I pulled back, staring into her eyes. They were ringed with brilliant bands of gold right now. “But if there is anyone you cannot stand the thought of me being with, tell me now, and I never will.” I started grinding her in a circle in my lap, my cock rolling around inside of her. It felt fantastic - just a little too tight, so I knew her body was being forced to stretch to accommodate me. A perfect fit. If I picked up the force much more I'd be tearing the inner walls. I wondered if I should - she seemed to enjoy the pain. I grinned - fuck it. She'd been getting horny from me scraping my nails against her bone. This would be right up her alley.

So I did while she was thinking. I lifted her up, and drove her back down, shifting my hips to drive my cock into her harder, and she screamed as I felt things shift, stretch - and tear, just a little. I smirked.

She stopped grinding into me, her breathing stilled and a name dripped from her lips with such vitriol it dimmed the soft glow on her body. “Philomel.”

“t-that hurts Hunter…”
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.