Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    “Hundreds of years.” I spoke softly, looking at dawn girl. She looked so small, lost and afraid. “I was with my wife for hundreds of years, never faltering. At times we had a bit of an open relationship - but only when we both agreed, and we always knew the other person was who we truly loved. Even when centuries passed and we couldn't have a child, neither of us wanted to leave the other.” I drummed my fingers on top of the covers. She - damn. I didn't know just what exactly had happened between the three of them, but it had obviously not affected Shinsou or Philomel. Not like it had Amari. I had seen, felt, the pain of betrayal, of losing him. It scarred her even now. While they - well. I had made the faun break down in tears, at least.

I watched as Scarlet’s form curled up into a small ball. Goose bumps on her skin even under the thick down quilt. SHe looked like she was falling asleep.

“You're cold. Come here.” I shook my head and lifted the blankets between us. When she didn’t move I reached out and pulled her close to me. She grumbled in weak defiance. She did this...when we fought she’d get moody and stay as far away from me as possible, yet never tried to move away when I drew her in close.

“You silly woman.” I said it softly and chuckled. “You know I'm warmer than you.” I was going to glaze over the similarity for the moment - it just seemed to upset her more whenever I mentioned things like this. She gave a sleepy grumble as she slowly uncurled from her own ball, allowing me to wrap myself around her.

She was cool, and seemed to sap the heat away from my body. It stung - touching her skin directly even now made my skin blister, but my body, and the serum flowing inside, was adapting to the to corrosive touch. I would heal - and I was not about to let her be cold. Warmth was one of the few things dawn girl consistently asked for, and this burning on my skin was well worth the joy of touching her. Damn, but I was a sap at times.

“I’m still mad.”

“I know.”

She shuffled further back into me, then lifted her leg to kick backward at me. Like she...like she always did. Damn this woman. Did habits carry over? Or was there more of my Ri in her than she realized? It was always that half-hearted kick, then she would - yep. Leave her leg thrown across me. I don't know how in the hell she was comfortable like this, but it always happened. Even when she wasn't angry at me she would throw one leg across me, like she was constantly trying to keep me in place.

“So. Back in the woods. The drake. Who in the hell taught you ‘jolly cooperation’?” I blinked as something came to me. She had had me throw her - like she was used to it.

Her body tensed. “Erik. He...is another who would come to my call. We have a contract. I pay him by feeding him chunks of my soul.”

“Oh? Do I need to be jealous?” I teased her softly, grinning. I knew full well her soul likely healed faster than this man could consume it. Odd. A soul vampire? I might have to look into this to make sure he wasn't in danger of becoming a Beast.

“He’s under strict orders not to touch me by his bitch of a partner.” She scoffed. “Literally. She’s a werewolf.”

I blinked. Several times. A soul vampire with a werewolf? How did that come to happen? “I… See. And ah, how did that particular form of cooperation come about, then?” I was now even more curious. If he wasn't supposed to touch dawn girl - how had he thrown her? Or taught her to be thrown?

“It wasn’t cooperation.” She hissed. “He fuckin’ threw me! Why- why do you even care?”

“Because I care about you.” Fuck. That was not supposed to slip out. Moon above. I froze.

She felt tense in my arms but she didn’t say anything, nor did she go to shift away. Did she not hear me? No...she definitely would have. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I didn't say anything else, not yet, for fear of making her move away. I felt her body relax.

“You care about your wife. Not me.” Her words weren’t filled with anger, but a lonely remorse that I just wanted to squeeze away from her. I shook my head, sharply enough to shake the bed.

“You aren't my wife. I just told you I care about you dawn girl. I won't say I love you, but I care about you.” I slowly squeezed her against me. “That wasn't me asking you if you remembered something, or noticing if you did. It was me asking - you - about something that happened to you.”

“You’ll loose interest.” She sounded defeated. What happened? Did she have one happy memory to her name? She had expressed suicidal tendancies on more than one occasion, had apathy for everything around her. Or was it all just a - a … I wasn’t sure what to think of it. I’d change it and make it better. I may not be able to change her past but I’d change her future.

“I doubt that. I have, I think, about nine hundred years before I die. I wonder how many of them I'll have to spend convincing you of that fact before you believe me?” I mused softly. This woman - I would not let her fall. Even if she didn't love me, and didn't want me to stay her by side - I'd be there when she called. Probe to her that this world wasn't out to get her - or that if it was, she wouldn't face it alone. - I would need to get more of those stones. Or better ones. Somewhere.

Slowly, to keep her relaxed and from spooking away, I started gently caressing her skin as I thought. She didn't resist my touch, so I gently turned her around to face me - and froze. Her gold-ringed eyes - when had those returned? - were rimmed, puffy, with red. She'd been crying, quietly. Damn it. Damn it. Ri had done this too, silent tears to keep me from knowing she was hurting. I learned forward and kissed her softly, a gentle brush of my lips against hers.

“I've told you before and I will tell you again. I will come when you call. Until the last breath leaves my body.” She closed her eyes and leaned into my palm. I let it dance over her skin. Painfully aware of the small blemishes on her face. Tiny spots that were in the same place as Ri’s. On dawn girl, they were almost like freckles, but Ri had had paler, white spots on her skin. Tiny little marks, almost like scars. Painfully similar. I took a deep breath and kissed her again, softly, then moved my head back for a moment as I shifted my arm under her and started gently massaging her, my hands wandering.
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Calloused hands grazed back gently over the length of her thigh, coaxing it up to wrap around his waist. Scarlet followed suit and didn’t mind as his hand curled around her backside. His fingers finding the dimples in her flesh and pressing them gently into each one. “Perfect fit.” He murmured into the crook of her neck as he gently began to massage her. She was up against his chest. Breasts pressing against his torso, one leg around his waist. One of her arms under his head as he used it as a pillow, the other was resting on his shoulder. Fil’ayn was right. It felt… warm. It felt right. Scarlet closed her eyes and let him work her skin with gentle touches. Every so often she’d feel the tickle of his hair as he shifted his face to kiss her neck, then the underside of her jaw, then her cheek.

“Fil’ayn …” Scarlet murmured as her eyes fluttered open for a brief moment. She could see the contrast of their skin. His with ridges of scarring, which she gently began to trace with a finger. The blackest of black, the colour of a moonless sky and hers -a broken and shattered porcelain doll. It was like the sky was trying to engulf a withered and dying moon. “My touch burns you.” She could feel the tingling heat of his skin underneath the pads of her fingers. “Shouldn’t I move?”

“Amari, the only place I want you to move is on top of me, love.” His voice was soft, absent-minded as he murmured into her hair.

“But I’d prefer you above me - I do love watching your hips move.” She mumbled as she traced the outline of his jaw. His eyes blinked and stared at her in mild bewilderment. Scarlet didn’t understand why. Then he smiled and slowly rolled her onto her back and moved so he was above her, and reached down to caress her face with the tips of the fingers of one hand.

“I think I'd better give you what you ask for then, don't you?” He smiled gently and shook his head, before leaning down to press his lips against hers for a moment.

Scarlet tilted her head up toward the kiss, it wasn’t like others they had shared. It was sweet, tender - and his lips were soft. He lifted to draw away and Scarlet stopped him, wrapping two arms around his shoulders, one hand tangling into his short white locks. He breathed in deep and stilled. The red headed assassin parted her lips slightly and he breathed out into her as he returned the gesture. Slow, tentative and comforting. It was odd to describe a kiss in such a way. But that was what it was.

She felt his other hand slide along her inner thigh and his fingers brushed against her folds softly. They hesitated, and she heard, felt, him make a soft, curious sound in the back of his throat - asking permission.In response she parted her legs wider and began to slide her hand up and down his back. She felt two fingers gently push into her - none of the ferocious force that had been used before, this was a soft, loving touch that had him exploring her slowly.

She broke the kiss and murmured contentedly , pressing her head to his neck. She enjoyed this. Pain excited her, it got her off quickly and it was convenient. This was new. Literally, she had never felt such soft or tender touches before.

And it didn't seem like he was going to stop any time soon. His fingers gently rubbed back and forth inside of her, twisting and pressing smoothly, carefully. He was taking the time to make sure he didn't scratch her or put too much force into any one movement - instead it was all soft, delicate touches that ground inside of her.

Scarlet pushed on his wrist, guiding him further into her. His fingers curled up and gently glided deeper into her before sliding in and out. Every so often he’d press his thumb against her clit and it caused her to wriggle and mumble softly. This felt good, it wasn’t the same intense heat of an orgasm fueled by lust and pain.

Instead it was a slow burning warmth that tickled her nerves and sent goosebumps up her legs and arms. Scarlet snorted, a laughing snort into his neck as she pushed his hand out of her. He complied and lifted his head to give her a concerned look.

Scarlet took this chance to press her lips against his again and lifted her legs up and around his waist. His eyes widened, then softened, and the hand that had been exploring her cupped under her ass, helping her stay up. She felt the head of his cock rest against her pussy, and he pulled away from the kiss to look at her.

Scarlet gave him a small nod, that was the affirmation he needed. She wasn’t sure why he was being so...delicate. When hours before he had literally torn her. Was that why? “Fil’ayn I -ahh….” She had gone to ask him but her words faded into a haze as she felt him begin to thrust in and out. Slow and methodical. With each plunge into her he’d drive himself in deep, but not with enough force that she’d bounce off the bed. “F-fuck me…” She whimpered.

“No, Amari. Not this time.” His voice was soft, tender. “This time, I'm making love to you.” He pushed down inside of her again, filling and stretching her smoothly, gently. The soft, steady pumping continued, each stroke as tender and firm as the last.

Love…a word she had danced around and tried to forget, a feeling she swore she would never experience again. Was that what this was? She hadn’t experienced love like this. The kind she had experienced was warped, painful. Even now, thinking back on it tugged at her heart and caused pain. A pain quickly washed away by the drow’s heated ministrations on her body. Was it bad that she was enjoying this so much? That she didn’t want this to stop?

“You’re amazing….” Scarlet breathed, the words falling from her lips without her realizing.

His fingers on her ass tightened for a moment before he leaned forward and kissed her, just as his hips rested against her, his cock buried deep inside of her. Then he slowly rolled his hips in a circle, softly moving his shaft in a circle inside of her, never once pulling out. His mouth was warm and soft against hers, tender and insistent.

She could feel it building, this soft, steady rhythm was stoking her orgasm. It felt - different, it felt slow and good, like it was filling her veins with heat, a warm fire thawing her from the inside out. She wanted this, wanted this so badly. It was new, it was good and it made her forget -

“I- I cant...I can;t…” He slowly got up and off of her. “I’m sorry but I - I” Scarlet immediately regretted her decision to have him pull away. She was denying both herself and him the release they both sorely needed, and he had said it himself. He’d seek it elsewhere. She didn't want that. She could see that as he moved quietly to sit on the bed that his body was trembling - but this side of him, this soft, tender side, was listening to her tell him to stop.

Scarlet lowered her head. “Let me…finish you off at least.”

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I sat back against the bed, quiet. I - could remember the last time I had had what we just shared. Just a soft, tender moment, between lovers. It had been a very, very long time. These days, everyone wanted hard, and fast. I usually went with that - I wasn't interested in affection, I wanted pain. But like I had told dawn girl - Amari, before. I knew when tender loving was appropriate. And here, when she was so scared, so afraid, of being alone - hurting her had not been on the agenda. Sure, it would have been would she knew. What she was used to. She probably wouldn't have stopped me, and left me aching for release.

But - I was trying to show her that there was another side of life. One not connected to misery and pain. One where she didn't have to hide behind ‘Scarlet’ to keep everyone away. She said something, softly, so softly that I missed it, lost in thought as I was. I blinked and slowly tilted my head to meet her eyes, only to find that she had looked down. It looked like her eyes were focused on my cock. What? I shook my head. “I-I'm fine, Amari. But you're probably needing to get off yourself. Lay back, dear. I - let me taste you.” I said it quietly.

“No.” She turned her eyes to the far wall. “I'm used to this.” She gave a small snort. “long story.”

She shuffled to rhe end of the bed then slid off to nestle between my legs, and the sight of red hair swaying between my legs made my heart and my cock ache.

She gently took my cook in her hand and began to slide her hand up and down its length. I Stifled a groan. “Dawn girl you don't have to-” Her hand glided to the tip, her thumb gentry rolling circles around it.

She looked up at me and looked as though she was about to say something, instead she leaned down, her hands shifting to lightly run her fingernails against the skin of m inner thigh as she took me into her mouth. She was soft, fuck and so warm. She was being gentle and the familiarity of her emotions both hurt and aroused me further.

Her tongue rolled against my shaft as she slowly bopped her head up and down, taking in more of me each time she want downward, every time she pulled away she sucked and every time she pressed further forward till I could feel the hot breath from her nose tickle my skin. I tangled my hands into her hair and let out a rolling groan. This was - sweet merciful moon I had missed this. It felt like she knew exactly what to do, her tongue flicking and coiling around me as she moved her head back and forth. There was no denying it. ‘Ri was there. No, she was Ri - she just had different memories.

I dropped my head back and thumped it against the wall as she cupped my balls with one hand and began to gently massage them. She made sweet little groans as she increased her rhythm. She pulled back to lap up the precum and then fell back down my length. I groaned and rolled my hips, and began gently massaging her scalp.

“I am - ung- going to be returning this, Dawn girl.” I finally managed to find my breath from her gentle ministrations, enough to speak. I felt her snort, a heavy blow of hot air from her nose against my skin. Then, the faint graze of teeth as she pulled away then forward again. Moving faster. She drew away from my cock to focus on the tip; her tongue prodding and exploring it, lapping up mixtures of her saliva and my own fluids. She gave a soft gasp then wrapped her lips around me again and took my entire length into her wet mouth.

I let out a rattling groan that shook my frame. Moon. If she continued like this I'd be shooting straight down her throat in a few moments. I started to pull her away trying to guide her warm, wet, sucking mouth off of me.

She had none of it. She refused to let go, if anything me trying to push her away only egged her on, her tongue rolled round my shaft as she sucked. Shifting back and forward. Dammit...she always did this, I should have known. “Ri- Ri, love, you've got to stop, I'm - I'm about to -” Damn it woman why did you ohhhh fuck.

She pulled back, just enough to tilt her head up. She stopped sucking and made a gurgled choking noise as she attempted to swallow as I continued to shoot into the back of her throat. Again I tried to pull away but she wouldn’t have it. I moaned softly as I glanced down at her, half lidded eyes focused on her task, a thin translucent strand of drool falling down her chin. Soft red lips still working me as she continued to swallow my load, and I swear she smirked at me as she dragged her tongue up the bottom of my length, coaxing more cum out of me. Finally she pulled away, her throat working as she swallowed, and her pink tongue darted out to lap me once before she leaned back.

She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand then...fuck me she licked her lips and I swore I heard the faintest ‘mmmm’ sound come from her. She kept her gaze away from me. I stared are her for a long moment before I stood up, swinging myself off of the bed.

“Do you want to me on your back, or do you want to straddle my head.” My tone was very calm and even. And hungry

She snapped her gaze back to me. “W-what?” I tilted my head to the side.

“I'm going to eat you out. Do you want to be on your back, or do you want me on mine?” I was not even mentioning an option where this didn't happen.

She shook her head and stood, again licking her lips. Dammit woman… I wasn’t some sort of treat. “I don’t think that’s….a good idea. You - you keep calling me things you should not be calling me.” Her eyes finally shifted to stare at me. “Were you even aware?” I stopped breathing for a moment. Things I should not be calling her? Like - oh. I swallowed once. Then I narrowed my eyes at her.

“That - I won't be able to call you anything while my mouth is busy. Make your choice.” I was not going to let her go and suffer the equivalent of blue balls - and I was not going to let her deny me the chance to treat her as tenderly as she needed.

“N-No Hunter.” She clearly thought about it, and wanted it. “This isn’t healthy for-”

I stepped closer to her, pushing into her space. I stared down into her eyes, and very calmly repeated myself. “On your back, or me on mine? You need this, dawn girl. Please. Let me.” Damn it woman stop denying affection and care.

“Make me.” She hissed. “I don’t….need-I don’t need anyone. I don’t need reciprocation.”

I calmly set my hands know her shoulders, and shoved her down onto the bed. Before she could try to move away, my hands wrapped around her hips, pinning her in place. I ignored the burning as my skin touched hers, and knelt down. I dragged her to the end of the bed, and without giving her an opportunity to escape, I shifted her so that her legs were hooked over my shoulders. I stared up into her eyes for a moment, silver eyes boring into hers. Then I bent down and slid my tongue along her folds, gently and softly.

Despite her saying she didn’t need anything, her body -oh her body did. She was drenched, and as my tongue worked into her, her hips bucked and rolled beneath me, driving my face further in. I complied, breathing deep before I closed my eyes and began thrusting, twisting and folding my tongue as I moved it around. There was nothing hurried in my actions, but slow, methodical care, as I fell into a routine that I had done countless times.

A member of the NevCrew:

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Scarlet didn’t want this - she...she did want this, but not like this not with a man who couldn’t differentiate her from his dead wife. Not in such a way that slowly built a heated warmth up inside of her. Not in such an odd and tender way. Why was he being so gentle? Why wasn’t he being rough?

He pulled his head back for a moment and gave her one long, slow lick, then turned his silver gaze back up to her face. “I'm looking forward to your cry, dawn girl.” Then he was back down, his tongue gently curling around her clit for a moment before it delved back inside of her, widening and stretching out as he worked her over slowly, softly.

He was? Scarlet bit down on her tongue. Then she wouldn’t. She wouldn’t cry out for the man. Even if what he was doing felt damn good. Her body writhed and bucked beneath him as she felt his tongue delve into her, running up along her inner walls and curling around-

Scarlet moaned as he drew away and started sucking gently on her clit. A long, low and muffled moan. The woman shoved her hand into her mouth and bit down hard to avoid screaming. Just when she thought she’d cum then and there he shifted away to look at her, silver eyes glimmering with desire. “Relax, Dawn girl. Just me and you here. Let go.”

Then, his tongue slid back into her. How did he know exactly what to do? Her head swam and she felt fuzzy. Her entire body tickled with a heated warmth that she oh so craved. He started up a steady rhythm, his tongue sliding deep inside of her and curling, then pulling back out, massaging her inner wall as it left her. He would do this several times, then pull away to gently suck and nibble on her clit, before sliding his tongue back in and repeating the process.

Fuck...Her hips unwittingly bucked into him and his fingers curled around her inner thighs holding her in place. Scarlet wouldn’t be able to hold out much longer- she had already come close to orgasm twice before that night - and now - and now

“Fuck…” Scarlet hissed as she rolled her head back. She felt her insides twitch, and she knew he felt it too. He switched back to suckling on her clit and his fingers dug deeper into her flesh. Not enough to cause pain, it was a possessive grip. A low rumble vibrated his lips as Scarlet groaned loudly, reaching orgasm. “F-Fuck… Fuck….” She muttered between moans. Her body twisted beneath his grip, she was panting. And then he hummed, his tongue and lips vibrating around her clit as he gently nursed on it, suckling and caressing the sensitive nub with his tongue.

“S-stop….” Scarlet gasped as she tried to push his head away, “T-that’s sensitive.” She heard an amused laugh as he continued.

Giving up Scarlet melted into her soft bed, squirming, writhing and finally giving him what he wanted, a scream as her body convulsed a second time, he worked her right through to a second almost painful orgasm.

Then, with a final, gentle kiss to it, he pulled away, and this time he was the one licking his lips. He sat back on his heels and closed his eyes, and she could see he was savoring it. Her scream, or her taste, she wasn't sure. Then he slowly climbed up onto the bed, and laid down beside her - just far enough away not to he touching her, but close enough that she could just almost feel his warmth. “I - Dawn girl. Scarlet.” His voice seemed - content. Then, wondering. “Has - anyone ever given you an orgasm without pain? A - a gentle one, like this?” She heard him shift on the bed, and knew he was facing towards her.

“No.” Came her quiet response. They hadn’t. Not even Shinsou. Not even Taka. She felt his arms wrap around her, and he pulled her to his chest. It was a loose hold, one she felt she could break free from with ease. But she just didn’t have the energy nor the will to move away.

“I certainly didn’t expect it from the self proclaimed Sadist.” She muttered, keeping her gaze on the far wall.

“Dawn girl. I told you before. I know when tender, gentle sex is important too.” His hand was gently rubbing her stomach now, soft and slow circles on her skin. The touches tingled - the feeling of his skin sizzling against hers. For someone who preferred causing pain, he didn't seem to care about the fact that just touching her had to hurt.

“How is anything with me gentle? Being around me makes people physically sick. Touching me burns your skin. I am not a good person Hunter.” She didn’t know how many times she’d have to repeat herself, to prove that she was not someone who was worth these tender affections. Nor someone who would need them.

“I don't recall ever being sick when near you. And I don't mind the sting of my skin touching yours. And as for being a good person. I may say I am a protector and a decent person - but then I go ahead and rip people apart. I bathe in their blood and relish it. When I saw that you had that your hand in that greasy fucker’s chest - I wasn't disturbed, or disgusted. I was - happy.” His voice was calm and steady as his fingers rolled across her skin.

Happy… when was the last time she genuinely felt such a thing. Scarlet sat up and rolled over to look at the man beside her. “I don’t think I can keep denying how familiar you are to me.” Hunter slowly sat up himself, though he moved so his back was against the wall. Why did she feel like she knew he always liked to have a support behind his back when sitting down? He tilted his head to one side, silver eyes shining softly as he raised one eyebrow.

“This isn’t exactly new territory for me…” Scarlet mused as she kept her eyes on him. “I’ve been in…” She paused. Could she really call it a relationship? As time passed it felt more and more one sided. She shook her head. “No. I suppose I haven’t.” He arched his brow curiously. Scarlet sighed as she lifted a hand to her head, wiping the sweat away.

“I look at you and I mean, I…”

He shifted forward, his silver eyes closing part way as he stared at her. He seemed intent on each and every word.

“It makes me think.” The broken woman gave a bitter laugh and shook her head. “Ah but there is no dwelling on what if’s and what could have been. There is no use dreaming nor hoping about what could be.” Her words probably made no sense, they barely made any to her.

“Hoping about what can be drives people forward.” His voice was as soft as the look in his eyes.

Scarlet pulled hers away from his. “Hope is empty. It only drives fools forward, and fills the desires of the needy.”

“Then I'll be a fool. The Hunter, the Fool.”

“Really...what is there. You’re Fi’Layn. A hunter under my employ. One who cannot and won’t be tied down by such needless and foolish errants as emotions and relationships.” She sounded like she was trying to convince herself of something. “I am a monster carrying a child I do not want to a man I serve. If I dared start feeling it’d only end in heartache.”

He said it himself.

She knew it.

There was nothing.

“Someone told me. That I would regret it if I woke up one day, and had turned my back on every relationship, waiting for the day when I finally ‘retired’. Because it would be too late - I would be alone, and stay that way.” His voice was soft. “That I would die without knowing love.”

She forced her eyes shut and took a few deep steady breathes. Being alone wasn’t bad. She had to be alone, and she had to steel herself. She had to not fall for a man. She had to ignore these feelings inside of her and their wants. Her wants. She had to ignore the fact that the very word he uttered. That accursed four letter word may be what she was starting to feel for the man.

“I can’t start to feel that for you…” She whispered. “This….can’t...I can’t.” She ferociously shook her head. “This having feelings for you bullshit!? I can’t …. I can’t keep letting that happen!”

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I reached out and took her hand gently in mine. I waited for her to look to me. I had waited for - for a century to even see her again, and hadn't even known it would happen. And now, here she was, and - falling for me again. I didn't know who had more trouble forgetting the fact that she had been my wife in a past life - me, or her. I waited for her to stare at me with those eyes, black and bleeding red - those thing rings of golden light trying so hard to revive parts of her she thought long dead and I let out a slow breath.

“Dawn girl.” My name for her came out softly. I was making very sure to use that instead of her real name - I didn't want her to think I was confusing her for my wife. Not here, not now. Despite the similarities - the small, tiny mannerisms, the unspoken knowledges she shouldn't have - she was not my Ri. She was different, her own person. Ri didn't have the same angers inside of her - the need to lash out and push away. Yes, she'd had trouble expressing herself - but Ri had had me by her side for hundreds of years. Dawn - had had no one. And her solitude had made her pricklier than my wife, more afraid and desperate.

“I am, and will be, whatever you ask of me. If you need a hunter, I will be the Huntsman to answer your call. If you need someone to hope for you - I'll be the Fool who walks the path.” I stared at her intently. I knew, that she wasn't free. That she couldn't let herself be free, not yet. But I also knew - that emotions run rampant whether you want to or not. The only time you stopped feeling was when you were a true monster. And as dark as she might be, Dawn was not a true monster. I had slain those before, and the scared, betrayed, broken woman before me did not stand in their ranks.

She bought her knees up to her chest and hugged them. “A part of me wants to become that emotionless monster again. Then it truly would not matter. Nothing would.”

“But it would. Because whether you like to admit it or not, Dawn, there are people who care for you. Not just me. I'm sure you can think of others who would be sad to see you go.” I did not say, did not want to say, how much the thought of her becoming emotionless hurt. She'd always been bright, fiery, full of life. To see that stripped away - it was just wrong.

She was quiet for a long time. I wasn’t sure what was going through her mind. Nor how horribly hurt she had been. “Why do you insist that it’s easier?” I asked.

She looked up at me with sad broken eyes. “I’m tired...of living. Of this dance. I think...I need to reel these emotions in. There is no reason to feel any of them. I’m just...latching onto the first pathetic fool to show me some sort of warmth.”

I reached out and pulled her into my lap, turning her around and nestling her into my arms. Her back was against my chest, and my head rested on top of hers, as my arms curled around her stomach. I held her, quietly, for a long few moments. When I finally spoke, it was slow. I was trying to figure out what to say, what I could say.

“No reason? None at all - no one at all you want to be closer to?” I was quiet. I knew what she was having trouble admitting to. “Dawn. Trust me - I understand pulling your emotions in. Hiding them away, and sheltering yourself. But - but there are times when it is safe to feel. And - I won't ever judge you for them. Even if you're feeling sappy, or angry, or just moody. I'll still come whenever you call, and be here as long as you need me to.”

“that's the problem. There are people I wanna be close to. I can't afford to have those feelings.”

“Because of your Master?” My voice was soft.

“Yes. And…” She fell quiet as her body curled around mine. “You may say you are here, but I can never believe someone will always be there.”

“Then we need to get us both another of these teleport stones. Or ones that don't have the exhaustibility that these ones do. I - don't have a base of operations, really, so I wander. The stones are an excellent way to keep me by your side when you need me.”

She scoffed. Then again, there was that long and painful silence. She was thinking, and I wasn’t sure if it were good or bad thoughts running through that mind of hers. “This place. This should be your place. The room is nicer than most inns; lavish really. This building has cells for beasts and spoils, it is run down but It can be fixed. It can be your home. I’d know where you are. Where to go to.” I was quiet for a long, long moment. It stretched, as I tightened my arms around her. I - I couldn't help the amusement and warmth bubbling up in the back of my throat. She had absolutely no way of knowing that before, it had been Ri who bullied me into actually getting a house. Who had gotten tired of never knowing where to find me except through the Huntsman Corps office. I took in a slow, deep breath, and let it out.

“I'll need your help. I'm terrible about setting up a ho-house. And I'd need to make sure there's a room for you here too.” I didn't say what I wanted to. That the only room she needed was the one I would be in. I don't want to make her feel like I was trying to drag her ever closer to me. Sweet moon. It seemed no matter what life she was living, Amari wanted me to have roots, and a place to return to. Where she knew I would be.

“I don’t need a room, just a bed. If you need I can organise construction workers to fix things. I hold sway in Salvar. I will use that to my advantage. I-”

“It might be better to disassociate this place from you to the public eye, Dawn girl. It would make it harder for the ones in your group who dislike me to track me down, if there's no connection to you that is easily findable. But - I am definitely going to use your advice.”

“I see. Then ensure the kitchen is well equipped. That is my only request. I will only come here when I need to.” I chuckled, and without thinking kissed the back of her neck. She batted me away.

“So. A bed - in my room, if you don't want one to yourself. A well stocked kitchen. I think I can handle those.” It would take some time, I think. But - but a house? “And not quite right, Dawn. I want you to come here whenever you want to and need to get away. If this is my house - it can be a retreat for you.”

“This will be your home, Hunter.” She leaned back against me, nestling deeper into my hold. It didn't seem to be a conscious action on her part, especially with how adamant she was trying to be about avoiding anything too sentimental. Despite that... It - was comforting. I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning my head back against the wall. A home, huh? That sounded nice.

-Fin_

A member of the NevCrew:

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Scarlet Moon.
    No Judgement

Rewards:

The Huntsman receives:
    750 EXP
    90 Gold

Amari receives:
    1080 EXP
    90 Gold

Inclusive of Amari's Noble Commerce ability
    Last edited by Philomel; 01-06-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Rewards are now added.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.