Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next Level: 1,998
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,998

GP

Name
    :D
    Race
    Half-elf
    Ven frowned, frowning as something the cleric said caught his attention. The dark elf raised a good question about how they would fight this dark entity, and a woman whose face was obscured by their red hair, responded not long after, speculating that this was an ethereal being. Very possible it could be, and what was brought up so far were good points, but Ven didn't feel it was that simple. This Calathor, whatever this entity was, was presumably twisted and foul. From what he had read about, such beings almost always left a trail of bodies in their wake. To face this being should put their lives on the line, but three words spoken made him curious.

"No physical harm..." he whispered to himself. This right here, this was the clue to the questions asked. It was as if-

Ven paused his thought process. Was it possible? He had to confirm.

He then raised his voice. "I too wonder on how we will fight it! You said we would face no physical harm good cleric, and that is odd. To face a creature such as you described, it is a creature of nightmares, and the common man would almost certainly die. Yet you, you say there is no threat of physical harm, but warn of mental, which suggests a new kind of battle. One unconventional and strange, and one that we may not have expected when we walked in here today."

Ven then chuckled, becoming more and more convinced as he explained his line of thought. "Making it a creature of nightmares indeed."
    Last edited by Venex Apara; 02-21-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    Oh look, another generic signature

Fun stuff
    - Cupcake box: here

EXP: 2,785, Level: 2
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next Level: 2,215
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,215

GP

Name
    Jacques
    Ben looked around at the small group that'd gathered about, all of them stepping forward, willing though skeptical. A shallow smile rose on his lips. "Thank you for your willingness, my compatriots. I shall endeavor to answer your questions in the simplest manners possible." Ben stepped forward, reaching into a pouch tied to his belt. From the pouch emerged a twisted chain of inky black metal attached to a glass sphere that pulsed with some sort of minor enchantment. "This icon was taken from a fellow cleric, a votary of Narsan, a minor deity of dreams. This is what shall convey us to the realm of our temporarily shared enemy." Ben continued. "You see, I offer no guarantees of sanity, but I am a man of my word. Not a scratch will reach your bodies in this realm."

Ben returned to the stool he'd been sitting on earlier. He shuffled through papers, pulling out a small envelope that was marked in plain script: "Benjamin." He ripped it open, taking a set of small cards inscribed with appropriate incantations to activate the icon of Narsan. He distributed them in turn to each member of the party, from the brooding man in the hat to the soul-snake woman. "Speak these words after I activate the talisman. I advise you sit on the floor as well, for you tend to spasm a bit as your mind fights the process. At least the first few times that is."

Ben ushered the group into a small circle and sat in the middle of it, having moved his stool out of the way. He hung the chain and orb from a small metal stand and muttered a prayer to whatever god was listening. More for comfort these days than for an actual blessing.

"And so, we begin. I warn you again, it can be deeply unpleasant the first time." Finishing his words, Ben drew forth a needle and pricked his thumb, pressing it to the glass orb. A sacrifice of self for the betterment of others, the priest had said. He winced as he felt blood rush out of his thumb, spidery lines of darkness tracing themselves through his veins as Narsan's power was channeled through him. The light in the room dimmed, the fire seemingly growing farther away by the second. A dull roaring would fill the ears of those gathered, each in turn experiencing a sense of nausea and odd detachment as their consciousness was ripped from their bodies and flung out into the void between real and unreal.

The roaring subsided, and Ben's vision cleared. He stood up, reaching out for anything to stabilize his aching joints. His hands met a wall, one far too wet and malleable to be stone. He looked up, eyes fixing themselves on a solid barrier of what looked like congealed oil, though it was far from black, closer to a sickly tan. He snorted. "Ah, which one of our twisted minds dreamt this into existence?" He asked himself. Looking down, he sighed. The floor was seemingly solid, but was pitch black and glassy, reflecting the light, which shone from lanterns suspended overhead. Ben resolved to sit about and wait, hoping the crew had not abandoned this cause.
    "By the gods, fear it, Laurence..."
    -Master Willem

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I took the talisman from the man, my eyes narrowed. I didn't quite trust this Benjamin - whether on purpose or not, he had not answered our questions. Even if we were in the realm where our target was lurking, who was to say that physical weapons would be able to hurt this thing? Or - had he just not bothered to tell us, that in the process of being brought to the realm, we'd be changed to be able to fight it? But if that was the case why not tell us that? Or was he afraid that the thought of being changed in some way would scare people off? I snorted as I spun the talisman on my fingers, and exhaled deeply. Well, no choice for it. I shot dawn girl a slight grin and a shake of my head. "See you on the other side." The incantation fell from my lips afterwards, and I felt my body twisting and slumping as the room darkened - well, it was certainly effective, whatever this incantation was. It...hurt, like a deep throbbing in the back of my head that beat out a crescendo that drowned out my thoughts, and with each thrum of power, my vision darkened, and darkened, until the room around me was gone.

__________________________________________________ __________

I felt - off. I couldn't quite put my finger on it as I forced myself to my feet, swaying slightly. I could see the old man ahead of me, he smelled of aged meat and worn out clothing - and he looked tired. He was staring around the place we had appeared, the landing place. He didn't seem changed, but then he probably hadn't needed to be altered. He'd fought against something like this godling before, so he probably already had weapons that could handle it. Oddly enough, the place seemed a bit washed out to me - colors weren't quite as sharp and clear as they were before, but the shapes around us, or of Benjamin himself, were as clear as ever. I reached up and scratched the side of my head, working out a nagging itch that had settled under my ear. As my hand dropped, I froze, holding it in front of my eyes.

Well. That was... different. My hand was elongated, fingers longer than before and with cruel, blood-stained claws emerging from the tips. Wiry black fur was coating my hand - what could be seen from underneath blood-soaked leather gauntlets. I looked down along my arm, seeing more clothing that matched the red hued leather gloves: black leather sleeves that led to thick pauldrons, and from what I could feel being pressed tight against my flesh by the clothing, more of that wiry fur was trapped underneath. I looked for my Saw-Spear - and there it was, safely strapped to my back, but my normal cloak that kept it covered up was gone. Instead I was wearing a tight, form fitting leather tunic, studded with what I recognized as trophies of things that I had slain. My legs weren't normal - farm from it, they were jointed differently, and felt different as well. I tested my weight on them as I looked down - they were canid in appearance, and I didn't have boots on, though I was wearing metal greaves over my legs. The thick furred paws that my feet had become showed why I had no boots though - claws, shorter and stouter than the ones on my hands, were emerging from my feet, and I knew I could use them in a fight. I exhaled in an exasperated sigh, and I felt my face distort as I frowned at the plume of silver-tinted smoke that emerged from my mouth.

This was why he probably hadn't explained anything. I was far from my old self here, I was more... bestial. Closer to the things that I hunted, than to a drow. But at the same time, I didn't think my mentality had changed at all. I drummed my claws against the hilt of the Saw-Spear as I waited for the others to arrive. Fantastic. I didn't even have my hat here. Wonder what my face and head looked like.
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    " I warn you again, it can be deeply unpleasant the first time."

Well, that was the understatement of the fucking century. Wave after wave of nausea hit Amari. It felt as though she were on a boat that had sailed too far North and happened upon a whirlpool that was pulling it into a dimension filled with tentacled beasts, dark monsters and putrid air smelling of rotted flesh...

Oh...

No wait. That was where she was

The dizzying feeling of vertigo had yet to leave the redheaded woman so as she stepped forward she paused in an attempt to recalculate her balance. Her nose wrinkled and her lips pursed as the smell engulfed her. It smelt like the swill that sloshed around in the boar pen within the Seventh Sanctum. It smelt not only of death but of putrid rotted flesh. The air was thick and humid and perspiration clung to her form. "Fuck me..." She muttered between clenched teeth as she drew her hand away. The smell of the dead was something she was used to, just not in this intensity.

Amari liked to consider herself astute, but she was not always the most observant when it came to her own form. She did not notice her skin was no longer the fleshy pink tone of the living. It was charcoal. Her blackened skin looked as though she were a delicate porcelain vase that had been broken and glued back together; angry red cracks pulsated and glowed beneath skin that flaked off and disintegrated. Crimson hair flowed in an unseen current around her, fueled by the pulsating energy of her very soul. Her eyes were difficult to differentiate from her blackened body and would be all but invisible if not for the faint red glow of her iris.

Her eyes glanced around the area, it was dark but she could make out the others. Or at least... those who had arrived. Nearest to her was Hunter. Although it was not the form she had known. He was..bestial.

"I know you call yourself a hound of the hunt, but I never expected to see that in the literal sense." She mused as her eyes danced over the rest of his form. Blood stained claws, tattered red clothes...in all honesty he looked more like a warewolf or bipedal dog than a drow. Scarlet pursed her lips as Hunter tilted his mastiff-like head to the side, silvery eyes glinting at her softly in the pale light. They widened considerably. "What?" Scarlet snapped. He said nothing and instead grunted and turned his head to Ben. He was...sitting on the ground. That irked Scarlet.

Weren't they here on some sort of mission? Some steadfast quest? The leader of the troupe had decided now was the perfect time to take a fuckin' seat? Scarlet bit down on her tongue. A number of insults, of short and venomous sentences crossed her mind but she held herself. She chose not to start some verbal spat. It was best is she just kept quiet for the most part.

The place looked empty.

"The others?"

She asked.

Yes.

That was better. No insults, no foolhardy or big-shot remarks. Just a simple question.

EXP: 1,754, Level: 1
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next Level: 246
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next Level: 246

GP

Name
    Vixen Crowsfoot Quansaldo
    Race
    Half-goddess, half-uniano
    Distinct nausea rose in my throat; a feeling like I had been without fresh blood for a week at the least. Such it was being half an uniano - similar to a vampire - and the life that I lived. A feeling of vomit came first, followed by a weariness and lack of energy, and then light headedness. Eventually, I would fall unconscious and not awaken again until my half divinity surged through my body and woke it up, though in a very weak and feeble form.

Deeply, hummed out the last few words of the strange spell, willing away my safety for the duration of this adventure. I had recited them standing, ignoring the suggestion by Benjamin to be drafted, and felt myself shoved forwards, with a ghostly blow thrusting into my solar plexus from harshly behind. As I doubled over, however, I felt my form twist painfully. Muscles began to suddenly, without warning, expand, and organs swelled. Throwing my head back I felt extreme discomfort thrum through my system, stressing and reshaping my body.

It was not something I was not alien to. However, changing my form was something I always had power of - the flow from my pale, pink eyed humanoid to the glorious, fast spirited Unicorn - I had always controlled that myself. This time, though, there had been neither thought nor will. As I felt myself change I tried to focus my mind upon uniano, wishing myself into human form. But there was no response. Instead, I was forced to endure the steady burning as my heart at least doubled in size, and my bones broke and then reformed. As I fell forward my arms became forelegs, my fingers and toes rescinding to become one single point, ending with a hoof. My neck stretched, my face enlonged and I found myself closing my eyes as I found I could not fight it. As long eyelashes brushed against my lids I furiously tried to tell my mind with more force but there was nothing I could do. I had no choice.

I was becoming ...

Unicorn. She sighed, out before her time, before we had agreed she would ride. Tilting her head up to the sky she hummed out, a force of power and extended her neck fully to -

She paused. I, in the back of her mind, paused. There was something very wrong. We caught her breath together, as we found her neck to suddenly be far further than she or I had ever remembered. And the mane - she could feel it stroking against her neck, shorter though at least by three inches. Had someone cut her mane when she had not realised? Her tail also was cropped, so that when she swished it it barely tickled her back knees. Holy ...

She blinked her eyes open and together we stared out.

And found that she was in a dark, horrid cavern, the rocky walls thick with salty residue. Before her was a man sitting cross-legged on the ground, and then to the side two ugly creatures. One was a twist of a clawed, wolf-like beast, and the other a walking, black corpse whose veins were a hot red and eyes a dim fire. Unicorn immediately began to retreat, hissing at that and their backdrop - an eerie sludge of a curtained wall. All horror, all disgusting, she shrieked out a horse's scream as she swung her head down to point horn forwards and -

Stopped. Still. Her hooves, her legs ... They were not white tinged with that pale pink. Nay instead, they were black, jet black with an accent of shivering silver-grey. Quickly she gasped, whipping up her head and I swam to sieze to hold onto the earring that allowed me ability to contact those around us whilst Unicorn was in form.

But as I did, as my thoughts formed words, I found Unicorn's lips move. Our lips. With jagged fangs for teeth that I could feel with the long, rough tongue. As we spoke.

"What the hell have you done to us?!" we screeched.

EXP: 2,785, Level: 2
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next Level: 2,215
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,215

GP

Name
    Jacques
    Ben stood from his spot, rising slowly, hand clenching a carved cane. A grimace was plastered on his face, an expression that regarded each member of the party in turn.

“What the hell have you done to us!” A beast screamed, a figure that resembled a horrible cross between a vampire and a unicorn. Ben chuckled, the situation oddly entertaining considering the circumstances. Fangs, sharp and jagged, filled the mouth of the creature, and coarse fur formed a shining mane. What hid beneath this facade, what soul, or souls, occupied her mortal shell? Ben nodded to her, his gaze somber.

“I’ve done nothing. This is all a creation of your mind. As you shift from the waking world, where your will is enacted through your actions, you become more… fluid. You become what you would be, if your will had its way. I’ve had my practice, I can shape myself as I enter, though at one point I appeared as a man with molten steel for blood. My senior clerics called it the touch of a god, I call it two decades too long with solid steel in my hands.” Ben replied, turning to the beast of a “man,” if you could call him that, who was obviously the brooding hunter. The smell of a beast’s blood hung heavy in the air around him, stale and pungent. “Ah, a dog of a man, why am I not surprised. You brood like a hound on the hunt.”

“And the demon of a woman. Dust sloughing off, as if a volcano lives beneath your skin. You choke the air around you with ashen detritus.” Ben smiled again, his eyes turning down to his own body. Normal, for the most part. He held up his hand, left replaced with a golden gauntlet, the mark of a cleric. A holy symbol of self sacrifice, for clerics of his order.

Click. Click.

Ben turned, tapping the cane on the ground. The carved ivory glowed briefly, and Ben nodded. “The gods are with us, at least. Perhaps this will end well. ” He looked out over the hallway, the floor’s depthless void and the sickly brown walls. He curled his lips, eyes nearly watering at the stench of half-rotten flesh. The oils on the wall dripped as he passed, splattering onto the floor briefly, before smoky tendrils of magic returned the drops back to their starting position. He began walking down the passage, accompanied only by the noise of his footfalls. “Mind the walls. It seems touching them would be supremely unpleasant.”
    "By the gods, fear it, Laurence..."
    -Master Willem

EXP: 3,002, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next Level: 1,998
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,998

GP

Name
    :D
    Race
    Half-elf
    Ven was the last appear in the room, looking much like he did in the material plane. At least, at first glance.

Those who would wish to stare would have trouble doing so, unable to keep focus on any one feature of his form. Staring at him would be akin to staring at a mirage; Blurry and unfocused, yet still recognizable. This could only be attributed to his ever shifting nature. He was a free spirit, one of curiosity and chaos, so it is only natural that he would hold no true shape here. In this realm of the mind, he was a polymorphic being, bound only by the limits of thought.

He was also much like a ghost. The price to pay of only having half a soul. Not that he regretted that, he would not, could not ever regret that. He would...

He would have time to walk the paths of memory lane later. Now was a time of action, a time of adventure.

Thus, Venex Apara, half-elf, free spirit, wildcard, joins the group into the darkening deep.
    Oh look, another generic signature

Fun stuff
    - Cupcake box: here

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Title of Thread: A Darkening Deep
    Type: Basic

Itinerant receives:

415 EXP
    55 GP

The Huntsman receives:

340 EXP
    40 GP

Amari receives:

550 EXP
    40 GP

Vixen Crowsfoot receives:

290 EXP
    40 GP

Venex Apara receives:

315 EXP
    40 GP

Nightspoison- I haven't been able to find an approved character registration for Nightspoison/Rianna Azure Mizani. If I've overlooked something, please contact me as soon as possible so I can rectify rewards.

Rewards to be added soon.
    Last edited by Garron; 10-26-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    "My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed."

Hero

GP

Name
    Garron Ivari Cadeyrn
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Rewards Added
    "My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed."