Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile

Breaking the Past Present and Future (SOLO)

Scarlet walked behind Advencia through the cobblestone streets of Alerar. The grinding machinery and chatter of human and elf alike filled the busy streets. The sun was partially blocked behind thick layers of smog and smoke. How people lived here daily was beyond Scarlet. She struggled to breathe the air just passing through. It bothered the woman that they were here of all places to perform the various surgeries that Advencia had insisted upon. Oh what cruel fate and irony it was. To be in Noel’s hometown, to be in the place where Hunter’s false memories were forged - to have so much begin here, only to have it all end. Everything travels in a circle, or so they say.

Scarlet could almost hear the voice of her deceased friend in her head, mocking her. Telling her that it was just some sort of cliche’ trope and that she should walk away from Advencia and find a good hard drink.

“If only it were that easy Madison…” Scarlet mumbled under her breath as she reached up and clasped her hand tightly around the vial she wore around her neck. The ashes that were formally Madison Briarheart spoke no words for they were just ashes. But Scarlet swore she heard them, all the same. Ringing loud and clear in her head. ’You’re a fucking idiot Amari. It IS that easy. Just turn around and walk away.’

She couldn’t. She couldn’t just walk away for she had committed to this. What good would it do to run away from another thing? Hell. Following Advencia was running away. Running away from her emotions and from Hunter. From Taka and from anything outside of the Crimson Hand, outside of what she had come to know. All because she was afraid. No better than a fucking depressed coward. Madison had the right idea. An easy out, away from the hellhole that Althanas had become.

Of course, the writhing plant bitch failed to think that maybe, just maybe - Scarlet wanted an out too. Selfish bitch.

’I heard that and resent the insinuation that you would call I, your best friend forever, a bitch.

Scarlet shook her head at the voice. It wasn’t really Madison. The woman couldn’t really speak from beyond the grave. Death was a finality that was granted to the briarheart and anything Scarlet heard was just her own deluded mind. The red headed assassin may not be able to commit some fiery, alcohol and angst fuelled form of assisted suicide but she could forget everything. And if you forget everything that you are and become an emotionless shell was that not the closest one could come to death without actually dying?

Dying…

Thaynes above Scarlet had tried.

The last few weeks had been difficult for Scarlet. She mourned Madison and attempted to drink herself to death. Literally but it was a release that death would not give her. An eternal slumber, a new life, anything but her wretched existence. Hell, she even had a man rip her apart- but did that grant her the blissful dark emptiness of death? No. It bought her a whole heap of emotional turmoil.

She had been drawn and quartered as punishment for getting a little too close to a drow. To Scarlet he was Hunter, he was Fi’layn and very recently she had found that he was her living husband from a past life. Talk about a headspin it had thrown her and came completely out of left field. It was a life she had no recollection of and had trouble believing. Still it made sense. He knew much of her, and the Ar’Tuel. Scarlet found herself spending more and more time with the man. He had provided her something far more dangerous and harmful than any form of depraved torture. He had given her hope. And she was quick to rebuke it at very turn, but she was slipping and she was very, very afraid.

Having Advencia and Taka come and threaten not only his life but her own - it was a wake up call. She knew what she had to do. She knew that Hunter was dead. Taka may have fallen from grace but he was still a deadly and skilled fighter. Hunter had brute strength, but the ronin had finesse.

Even if Hunter hadn’t died. There was little reason for Scarlet to believe he’d stick around. He had his delights and romps with others and he had the weight of the world pushing him away from her. It would only have been a matter of time. She didn’t need him. He was a distraction. All she needed was for Lichensith Ulroke to return to the Seventh Sanctum and for her to do what she does best.

And what does Scarlet do best? Push people away, run. Forget. Numb it all then rinse and repeat.

“Advencia...tell me again exactly what is going to happen today?” Scarlet asked.

The golden haired succubus turned to look at Scarlet, her slitted demonic eyes an icy blue stared for a moment. “Everything we need to.” She said. Her voice didn’t carry the usual sing-song tone it held. Nor did her heeled boots carry a skip to their step. Even her frilly white dress didn’t have the jovial and airy ‘fwoosh’ to it. Something wasn’t right. She had been ecstatic when Scarlet had agreed to this, now she was almost apprehensive.

Scarlet stopped dead in the middle of the street. Her hands deep in the jacket pockets that Hunter had gifted her. She wore a bright yellow summer dress that hung loosely off her round form, much to Advencia’s distaste. The bright colour was one that made Scarlet stand out from the crowd around her rather than blend in. Scarlet cleared her throat. “The truth would be nice. I thought you’d be happy.”

Advencia stilled and her body tensed. “I am....” She didn’t look back at Scarlet. “Just…I cannot fathom why we have to do this again… you were doing so well. It’s disappointing. Why can’t you stay with us, listen to us and trust only us?”

“Funny. Aren’t you the one saying I shouldn’t trust anyone?” Scarlet asked as she tilted her head and arched her brow. Again, she swore she heard Madison in her head. Something about a hi five and a ‘sick burn’.

Advencia turned on her heel, cheeks red. “I meant don’t trust ANYONE but US Mistress.” She slapped her bountiful chest hard. “US! Master! The fucking Crimson Hand!” Her cheeks were puffed and red, flesh coloured tail whipping back and forth behind her. They were words that both her and Ulroke had repeated to Scarlet time and time again.

That had got to the tiny demon. Scarlet knew how easy it was to push buttons, how thin the string of sanity was for the blonde. “I’ll follow but if you betray me - I’ll have you cast out and you will never see myself, nor Lye again.”

Her face froze and Scarlet noted a hint of fear. Advencia forced her eyes shut and shook her head. “Right. Yeh. yeh. I fucking get it. Just...fucking...follow….” she said through clenched teeth.

Whilst Scarlet still did not completely trust the demonesses motives, she did trust that Advencia generally had good intentions. Although skewed she had had not gone out of her way to maliciously injure Scarlet without due reason. Sure, they fought, and sure, Scarlet had fallen to Advencia’s blade but Advencia was loyal.

“For your sake, and mine…” Scarlet mused. “This better end well.”

Advencia gave a curt nod. “It will Mistress. It will.”
    Last edited by Amari; 06-08-2018 at 07:29 AM.

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    There were a lot of seedy and underhanded places in Althanas. Some hid in plain sight. Hell, Scarlet knew of a deadly apothecary that fronted as a flower shop with the kindest lady you’d ever meet up in Akashima. She’ll offer you a warm bed and a meal that’ll fill your belly and you’d leave with pleasant memories but the old wench could whip up a potion that’d melt the skin off your bones and keep you alive for days after. Nasty business.

So when Scarlet found herself standing in a small store that sold and repaired pocket watches she wasn’t surprised that it was nothing more than a front. A spritely middle-aged drow spoke to Advencia. Unlike Hunter he had no real muscle definition. He was tall and lanky, wearing a pair of thin rimmed glasses that hung from a chain from around his neck. His white hair was long, and tied back in a neat plaited ponytail. Not a single hair astray. He wore a freshly pressed royal blue suit and a plain white cotton shirt. The type that looked as if everything had to have a set order. A perfect place.
    Look at that nurd. I bet he has a name like Harold or Vincent or something dorky like that. Quick pour me out and throw some water on me so I can spit on him.

Scarlet heard the voice in her head, plain as though it were coming from the dead woman herself. She was going mad, absolutely mad. The red headed woman shook her head, trying to ignore the briarhearts snarky attitude.

“Advencia, are you going to introduce me?”

The two stopped talking and turned to Scarlet, giving her an odd look as though they weren’t expecting her to be in the damn shop in the first place. Scarlet scowled and stepped in front of Advencia choosing to take matters into her own hands. “Scarlet.” She said as she held her hand out to the drow. He glanced down at her hand then back up at her and gave her a curt nod. Refusing to touch her. Yup, definitely the perfectionist type. “Galain.” He spoke with a thick accent, articulating each syllable. “I hear you are….unwell.” Scarlet swore she noted a hint of familiarity in his dull, brown eyed gaze. Despite never having met the man before. He was clearly aware of her, and had seemingly seen her before.

Scarlet tilted her head, trying to pick why he would react in such a way. She glanced at Advencia expectantly. The Succubus huffed and elaborated, sadly not on the matter that plagued Scarlet. “He has something that can help with your morning sickness, Mistress.”

“I wasn’t aware that was an inherent problem, one big enough to drag me out here. Especially when you…” Scarlet gripped Advencia’s jaw between her thumb and forefinger. “Are so adamant about keeping me on bedrest.” Advencia drew in a sharp breath, her cheeks reddened. Scarlet moved in closer.

Galain cleared his throat.

“If I may. My machinery does more than that.” He gestured to a small white door at the back of the store. “Shall I explain on the way?” He looked rattled. His dark eyes kept shifting from Scarlet’s red hair to her eyes then back to her hair. If he kept it up she may very well give into the delusions in her breaking mind and let ‘Madison’ spit on him. Or at least throw a hunk of water clogged ash in his face.

“No.” Scarlet said. She wasn’t about to go walking into some strange store with a strange man without getting more answers. “You can explain here. I know what you’re planing. There is no reason to beat around the bush right?” Scarlet crossed her arms over her chest. “I’m here to chemically remove my memories and to inhibit my emotions. Since magic ain’t doing the trick, we’re turning to good ol’ fashioned science.”

“Ah. W-well It is a little hard without showing but yes.” He was rattled. He shifted his gaze to Advencia and looked as though he were about to say something, then stopped.

“Try.” Scarlet prompted. “You look like an astute man. If not then we can take our business elsewhere, right Advencia?” Scarlet turned to look at Advencia who looked absolutely furious. So, the typical look for the succubus who nodded with gritted teeth.

“Good.” Scarlet purred. “Now, explain.”

“Well. We - We strap you into this machine, and send these small electric shock waves into your system by placing conduits on your veins. It’s a more permanent solution to say, taking a tonic. It’ll also help lessen any other ailments one normally has with child bearing.” He started listing things off such as hemorrhoids, aching back, tender breasts and the like. None of them sounded pleasant Neither did being strapped down and shocked. Still, he seemed to avoid the matter at hand. What she was really here for. He masked it with concern for her, and her damn pregnancy. Scarlets brows furrowed into a scowl, she did not appreciate being lied to.

“Advencia.” Scarlet turned to the succubus. “If he tries anything. You are to kill him. Painfully so. I want him flayed alive and I want to watch. Oh, and Madison will want to spit n his face.”

“Is that really-” Galain started, alarmed.

“Yes Mistress.” Advencia interjected.

Scarlet nodded. Satisfied. Advencia was a bloodthirsty little thing. She’d jump at the chance to do anything of the sort. With that contingency set in place Scarlet gestured to the white door.

“Lead the way.”