Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,239

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile

[Solo] The Nature of Undeath 2. (Mature)

((Note: Takes place after this thread: ~Undeath~ may contain some adult scenes. Viewer discretion advised or some such thing.))

A month later...

The people of Stonevale...

They don't trust me. But that's fine, I'm used to that. After the last adventure things have calmed down and I earned my pardon. I worked hard to build a trust with the people of Stonevale, but it's been a long process. They've already lost much. I didn't want to be a burden to anyone. However, there were still matters that needed to be taken care of. The guard captain and I became fast allies after the battle with the black knight concluded. Regardless of that event, I stayed in Stonevale and would eventually seek knighthood in Scara Brae. But that would be another story for another day. Tonight, the guard captain approached me after a few nights of down time. I always did hate down time.

"Lorenor." The guard captain said carefully. "Sorry for the delay with this information that you've requested." The guard captain seemed older that night and unusually tired. Lorenor was working on some documents he'd been writing, jotting his thoughts down in a journal of sorts. The guard captain placed a parcel on Lorenor's desk. "Here it is...it seems you were correct Lorenor. You've been here several times...before."

"It is as I thought." Lorenor responded. "Much of my past, my life is still a mystery even to me."

"I had to do a lot of digging for those documents. But because of what you did before, I had to do it. The main document is from the demon's war. You might want to take a look at that one as it happened many centuries ago."

Lorenor raised an eyebrow at that point. "Birth documents?" He said as he pulled the documents and effects out of the parcel.

"You're a man of many mysteries." The guard captain said as he rubbed his chin in deep thought. "Apparently you were awarded for your services to to the allied forces during the demon's war. There is a certificate that says you died during officially during that event."

"But yet I am here." Lorenor frowned at this point.

"You are searching for answers I cannot provide you." The guard captain said calmly. "However, whatever material resources you need...I will grant you that. I owe you that much. General."

Military ranks and effects from Lorenor's passed were resurfacing in that parcel. "I was a general?" Lorenor asked. "I wish I could remember...Thayne damn it all."

It didn't make any sense.

"You've been living a long time." The guard captain admired that. The guard captain placed his hand on Lorenor's shoulder. "If there is anything else I can do for you...please don't hesitate to ask."

Lorenor considered what the man was saying. He looked up towards the guard captain for a long moment and nodded. "...I thank you. You've already been a big help. For a long time I've been simply wandering without any real purpose or a place to legitimately call home." Lorenor said. "I think that's the main thing I have been looking for."

"Stonevale has that effect on people." The guard captain nodded in agreement. "For whatever the reason, I'm thankful that you have come to us. I will aide you in your search for answers."

Lorenor sincerely smiled at that point and nodded. "It's been a long few weeks." Lorenor said. "I gained a lot of personal resources in the battle against the black knight." He tapped the side of his own head. "But it's still trapped deep in there somewhere." Lorenor was talking in a quiet voice. "There is a local alchemist that has grown considerably skilled and famous."

"Yeah...you speak of Nevin." The guard captain nodded.

"I've seen his wares in action before. Perhaps later on, I'll make an appointment to see him. But for now...this information will help me reclaim the life I have lost." Lorenor said. It was true...he was searching for answers that would be very difficult to find.

The guard captain nodded and released Lorenor's shoulder. "I will retire to my house then. You have a good night, Lorenor." The guard captain turned and took his leave.

Lorenor looked after the man for a long moment and began to do necessary research...
    Last edited by Paladin_Lorenor; 01-16-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Althanian

EXP: 11,761, Level: 4
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next Level: 2,239

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    He suddenly woke up in a camp.

Was I dreaming...? When did I fall asleep...? Lorenor blinked once or twice as he slowly rose from his bed. There were two women sleeping in the bed with him and they were curled up next to him. He blinked when he saw that. Once he was done orienting himself he slowly rose out of bed. His eyes focusing as the reality of the situation settled in. Was it a dream...? He thought once again to himself. He was skyclad and stepped out of the tent. His head hurt, he was barely remembering the events of the past few days. His meeting with the Black Knight, who ended up being his biological son. Lorenor looked around the camp for a few moments. Form a nearby tent emerged his son.

The Black Knight nodded at his Father. "He said that you would go through this." His son nodded. "When you're dressed we can talk. The women in your tent were a gift." The Black Knight said casually and he nodded. "Meet me when you're ready."

Lorenor went back in his tent. The two women present were already stirring and awake. He did not mind that they were skyclad as well. However, truth be told...Lorenor had a sexual preference towards men in general. Though he didn't mind things either way. He greeted the two female companions as he got dressed in his clothing and gear. "Ladies...thank you for last night." Lorenor was not sure if something had happened or not, but he knew his memories were fragmented.

"Why don't you stay with us a bit longer?" A blond woman asked. The other was also blond. They were two handsome Corone specimens. Any other man would have been driven insane by the beauty of those two women.

Lorenor admired them. However, he always envisioned being with a man long-term. Especially after he'd spent so much time with the vampire named Urei. Things were different for those daft immortal folks, but Lorenor accepted things as they were. He kissed the forehead of the closest of the blond women. "I will return. I must speak with my son." He felt a little uncomfortable at being with the two women, but he adapted to the situation very quickly. He was not one to turn down a gift.

Once fully dressed he let the women remain in his tent, and they went back to sleep.

He adjusted his sword across his back. His eyes narrowed and he went to go speak with his son. When he found him, Lorenor nodded calmly. "My son." Lorenor began calmly. "There is a lot to say and to talk about. I don't know where to begin."

The Black Knight looked at his father. "I know. But here are more important matters to talk about first." He said casually and motioned off to his side. Stepping out of the shadows, was the prophet named Nenkulor Shima. One of the seers. Lorenor narrowed his eyes calmly and looked at the older man. It was always impossible knowing how old the seers were.

"You helped me before." Lorenor suddenly said. "I want to thank you." Lorenor said.

Nenkulor rose his hand in a relaxed gesture. "There is no need for thanks. I did what was called for." The prophet looked at Lorenor. "I took steps to secure that the prophecies would come to pass. Very soon a disaster will strike the land." The prophet said carefully, revealing his ulterior motive. "This disaster cannot be prevented or circumvented. We only have to put elements in place to survive what is coming." Nenkulor said carefully.

"The disaster you speak of. I have seen it..." Lorenor added.

"That's why you and your son were marked." Nenkulor said. "You will have the power necessary to survive what is going to be and what must be."

"The disaster that will come...how can we save as many lives as possible?" Lorenor asked.

"We can't." Nenkulor said quietly. "The people in this camp are your followers. Loyal. A ragtag lot they are, but they will help you to live and find your place during the coming events." Nenkulor paused, he seemed to be hiding a great secret in his eyes. He walked over towards Lorenor and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I am dying, Lorenor. The old ways will die with me. I am one of the last of the seers. The gift of foresight is known to my people. This gift I give to you." Nenkulor said calmly. "This is the eve of the great disaster. You must live Lorenor. You and your followers are to go deep within the Scara Brae and hide there until the event has come to pass."

"So we do nothing...?" Lorenor could not believe what he was hearing. They knew a great disaster was coming and he could to nothing to prevent it. "We hide in the darkness and just wait...?"

"It is my wish, Lorenor. My dying wish to you." Nenkulor said with a soft smile.

Althanian

EXP: 11,761, Level: 4
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next Level: 2,239

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    When Nenkulor Shima passed away, Lorenor felt an emptiness in his heart.

Nenkulor had been a large part of his life as far back as his fractured memory would allow him to remember. Lorenor watched the dead body of his strange companion burning in the funeral pyre. Lorenor himself, though not a priest, performed the final services for Nenkulor Shima. He would pass to the great after. His companions studied Lorenor, most importantly his son was there. Lorenor was quiet during the funeral pyre, a plethora of emotions passing through his mind. He was not sure how he would function without someone there to help him out. To be the guiding light. As he stood there, he could feel ~The Holy Light~ in his mind, singing to him.

You are doing fine work, Lorenor.

I'm trying...things are quite difficult being what I am.

But you are succeeding where others have failed. You have a passion for life. That is key to being a follower of the light.

Thank you.
    Lorenor turned to look at his son and his followers.

"We are going to do something else." Lorenor had decided.

"Father...?" The Black Knight asked.

"We are not going into the mountains of Scara Brae. No. We are heading back to Corone. There is something that we must do." Lorenor was never one to run and hide in the face of disaster. He was not going to start at that point either.

"What are we going to do there?" The Black Knight was sincerely interested in what his father had to say.

"We're going to repair one of the old ruins. Us. With our own hands." Lorenor said calmly. "We'll travel to the port town here in Scara Brae region and head back to Corone in the morning." Lorenor said very carefully. "Far too much of our culture and history has already been lost to the ages. We must honour the past." Lorenor said calmly.

The Black Knight shifted his body weight and folded his arms across his chest. "You want a fortress...?" THAT right there caused The Black Knight to get interested.

"And there are other matters too." Lorenor said calmly. "You have all chosen to follow me for different reasons. I intend to give you all something back. A home, a place to call home." Lorenor explained casually.

His followers spoke excitedly to one another.

"I have been in contact with my old Order." His Paladin's Order. "They will send resources to us in a few days." Lorenor said calmly.

"Paladins..." One of his followers said. "They are a mysterious guild, will they truly help us?"

"They will. I can guarantee it." Lorenor promised that.

And once the funeral pyre ceremony was completed, Lorenor buried the ashes of Nenkulor Shima someplace safe. His son was present for that as well. When that was completed...