Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

EXP: 153,793, Level: 17
    Level completed: 10%, EXP required for next Level: 16,207
    Level completed: 10%,
    EXP required for next Level: 16,207

GP

Name
    Seth Dahlios
    I honestly thought the vault was a way to submit things for Canon, so others could see a summary of what happened while the wiki was being updated...I was sorely disappointed. But it COULD be that, and that could help make it more useful.

Innocence & Instincts

EXP: 29,359, Level: 7
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next Level: 5,641
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,641

GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    my comment was lost in the sea of posts after it, so I'll go ahead and re mention it

We need the monthly Chronicle back. it had a lot of information regarding the site such as events, updates in content, new staff, and even a highlight of a thread. It was a great way to get news as well as see what threads are out there that are a good read.

Also, about Archon's Vault, it would be very difficult for anything to get into the fault with the AP system (as it had to score above a certain score and whatever else) and need of full judgements. But with updates It could easily be a feature that is well utilized. Maybe make it a goal to have at least one thread per say 3 months? So there's constant new additions to the vault

Supreme Overlord

EXP: 96,913, Level: 13
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 7,087
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
    This is more an issue I've recently noticed than something I want, but... recently I've had a problem with quotation marks in my posts being converted into weird characters. The worst example is found here. A couple days ago that post looked normal... now for some reason it has morphed into something hideous.
    I just switched the forum language to UTF-8, which should resolve the issue. It was caused by smart quotes. Let me know if you still see it after a few days (so the server cache has time to reset).

Supreme Overlord

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
    I'm just gonna say it: I think we should bring back and promote Archon's Vault. It may not have gotten much use before, but that was partially the staff's fault because we frequently forgot to post summary requests. At the end of the day it was a feature which encouraged people to read each others work and allowed people to gain AP. Those are both things we could really use more of. I say we bring back Archon's Vault and give double rewards for summaries submitted in the first month or two.
    For those who are confused, Archon's Vault was supposed to be an archive of all the completed threads on Althanas. Users would post summaries in exchange for rewards to encourage others to read threads (essentially book reports). There was nothing canon about it. It was simply a way to permanently highlight your writing and encouarge others to read your work. It wasn't very popular, so I axed it. Given Workshop feedback is so rare (which frankly should be our focus), I have no intention of bringing this back at our current activity levels.

Supreme Overlord

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Shadow View Post
    my comment was lost in the sea of posts after it, so I'll go ahead and re mention it

We need the monthly Chronicle back. it had a lot of information regarding the site such as events, updates in content, new staff, and even a highlight of a thread. It was a great way to get news as well as see what threads are out there that are a good read.
    I'll make sure someone gets on it monthly.

Also, about Archon's Vault, it would be very difficult for anything to get into the fault with the AP system (as it had to score above a certain score and whatever else) and need of full judgements. But with updates It could easily be a feature that is well utilized. Maybe make it a goal to have at least one thread per say 3 months? So there's constant new additions to the vault
    Archon's Vault was a player run resource so there was never any AP cost for submissions. The author/submitter picked the best summary after two weeks and that's what was listed.

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Dirks View Post
    I just switched the forum language to UTF-8, which should resolve the issue. It was caused by smart quotes. Let me know if you still see it after a few days (so the server cache has time to reset).
    Nice, that appears to have fixed it.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Getting the canon submission forms back up to working seems a popular idea. It would be good to see it coming back onto effect for 4.0 in the next few months. Obviously when you have time.

Having the wiki up and almost back is great thank you
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Dirks View Post
    For those who are confused, Archon's Vault was supposed to be an archive of all the completed threads on Althanas. Users would post summaries in exchange for rewards to encourage others to read threads (essentially book reports). There was nothing canon about it. It was simply a way to permanently highlight your writing and encouarge others to read your work. It wasn't very popular, so I axed it. Given Workshop feedback is so rare (which frankly should be our focus), I have no intention of bringing this back at our current activity levels.
    This.

By the way, if I hear one more person moan about not having enough ways to earn AP to pay into tournaments, I'll thumb my eyes out. Go do this.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 02-06-2018 at 08:22 AM.

EXP: 15,383, Level: 5
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 4,617
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    I got all my AP and Mari's AP from mostly workshops
    I am cat gurl, gib me ur soul

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Sorry to use this as a place just to complain about stuff, but it appears that tables currently don't work on Althanas.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."