EXP required for next Level: 7,087

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomel View Post
    In that light then, Dirks, having such things as making it compulsory for things such as the Gisela to have an entrance fee of 5 AP might need to be altered possibly? Or make temporary measures for a while until the wiki gets up, for more AP to be made? Is there a way for Gold to be transferred to AP?

Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    No, and since I'm being frank in this thread, I'll throw it out here. Judging tournaments is the most time consuming staff activity on the site, and for the last 2-3 years the responsibility has basically fallen on me to judge them (even if someone else started). All players start out with 5 AP, so if they've literally done nothing they can apply. If you've spent AP without earning it, you've done nothing to help the site and don't deserve to participate. If you've contributed, then you will EASILY have enough to participate. After the first round, I'm basically giving out full judgments for free on my time. Nope, no how, no will.

EXP: 31,911, Level: 7
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 3,089
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,089

GP

Name
    Taka
    Its no use calling it out. Chris has his ingrained biases about it. In the end, all he has done is made his anger known and words forgotten. We get it; he's pissed at Nevin and Amari.

But that's really all his posts have told us, the rest of it is in direct relation to those two points.

Supreme Overlord

EXP: 96,913, Level: 13
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next Level: 7,087
    Level completed: 50%,

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by loves.blessing. View Post
    I don’t find it fair that you are picking on Amari because of the smut threads she does. As someone that is staff of the site I feel like you should encourage writing no matter the type. Activity is activity, no need to be crass and down someone because they write a lot of smut...
    This is generally my thought. In the future I might add site tags for you to tag the threads as mature, but frankly I don't care what you're writing if you're writing. EL James made millions off a Twilight fan fic on a site like Althanas. I refuse to turn away future EL James' from our site because they're writing questionable content. It's very easy to regulate who reads what by giving fair warning of contents.

Supreme Overlord

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedBushido View Post
    Oh no, I totally agree we don't have the resources for it. However, I also think that the system as is currently encoruages spamming on both ends, and that the rewards for meaningful contribution don't equate to much beyond those of merely participating. Especially when the costs of things are so high.
    On the flip side, if they care enough to cheat the system, it means they care for the site. As long as there are systems and Althanas remains partially a game, there will be ways to exploit it. I'll close off the most one sided loopholes, but I intentionally leave a lot of them open, particularly w/ spoils and the bazaar (that no one yet has picked up on, but I like giving competitive advantage to those willing to look for it).

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Fair enough, it was just a suggestion of maybe dropping it, but I get your point entirely.

Just to check, is that a no also on not being able to come up with temporary ways to get AP and being able to transfer Gold into AP too?

Thanks.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Adventurer

EXP: 5,090, Level: 3
    Level completed: 3%, EXP required for next Level: 3,910
    Level completed: 3%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,910

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Dirks View Post
    This is generally my thought. In the future I might add site tags for you to tag the threads as mature, but frankly I don't care what you're writing if you're writing. EL James made millions off a Twilight fan fic on a site like Althanas. I refuse to turn away future EL James' from our site because they're writing questionable content. It's very easy to regulate who reads what by giving fair warning of contents.
    I feel like that is a great idea, if it offends a lot of people that there is a lot of smut then maybe we should do that. Also for the record Dirks I think you are doing an amazing job at keeping this site running. Obviously with some help but good for you, also thank you for giving me a place to write with such amazin people!

Supreme Overlord

GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    In any event, this is a dialogue between us, members. Let's not call out other members in here. Free feel to call me out, or staff out as a whole, though.

EXP: 61,139, Level: 10
    Level completed: 65%, EXP required for next Level: 3,861
    Level completed: 65%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,861

GP

Name
    Nevin Aimaparapoiitis
    Race
    Human (Godling)
    Not what this is for.

So
    New member help. AP system worked on.
    I'll help mentor if that gets off the ground!
    Last edited by Nevin; 01-17-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    - "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood."

Nevin: Formal, thoughtful, nurturing, bearer of tropey tentacles.

"More threads! More! Threads for the Crimson Thread King!"
    A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.
    Ronnel: Not even approved yet.

EXP: 31,911, Level: 7
    Level completed: 62%, EXP required for next Level: 3,089
    Level completed: 62%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,089

GP

Name
    Taka
    I also have concerned that the RoG is stifling maybe its just with how many hoops I had to jump through to try and fit characters through, but I find that some people are overly conservative. It becomes a draining chore to actually manage going through RoG which makes leveling up not fun, which is supposed to be the reward for writing. Also is there plans to let us see what abilities are what level? Or is that still behind closed doors?

Innocence & Instincts

EXP: 29,359, Level: 7
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next Level: 5,641
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,641

GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    okay okay okay lets get into it.

AP system, never liked it from the start, BUT with the lack of staff I see its needs. Who cares if people are spamming Workshops, they want that extra exp and Gp then so be it, it is their AP to spend. If they are like me, and do not like judging and do not partake in Vignettes often and therefore don't have the AP, they go for no judgement. Think of it this way, they are rewarding themselves with extra exp/gp by contributing to the site, and thats their choice. You don't like what they do with it, that's your problem, but don't try to take away the little bit of pre-AP we have left.

As for the Newsfeed idea, what happened to the months chronicle? I loved reading those and finding out what's going on, reading the highlighted thread, and having seeing what is coming up on the site.

mentor system was awesome, I was a part of that with Skie when she was a judge, and I went from a 30 score because I sucked back then horribly, to a 43 in about one thread due to her suggestions.

loopholes and exploits exist, oh so many exist, I just don't feel like using them.

Rated AUR guys, rated AUR lol

ex-RoGmod here, its tough being a mod there, because people don't know what they can and cannot do, and then they make overpowered characters, and have to fight to get every drop of power in the end. I don't think we need to open the PL system to the public, but there needs to be maybe examples of different PL abilities, just a few, to judge yours off of, it would make the system go much smoother.