EXP: 3,180, Level: 2
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next Level: 1,820
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,820

GP

Name
    Jethro

View Profile
    Ok this is coming from a guy who, when he first started here had 3 main goals 1 EXP, 2 GP, and 3 Items. They give me catharsis, and a sense of accomplishment so take this for what it's worth.

Stop the EXP and GP, abolish leveling, and get rid of the Bazzar. I have participated on numerous RPG's where you created a character, and gaining new abilities was either a pain in the ass, or impossible, and they were a lot of fun.

Eventually a player is going to level up so hard where his character is going to have to fight gods to make any meaningful stakes in a thread. Or say a level 4 player/character is threading with a level 15 character. The challenges for the level 15 character will likely wipe the floor with the level 4 character, and the challenge for the level 4 character will be nothing for the level 15. Neither way is fun, or a compelling story.

So get rid of it, that will alleviate almost all of the arguments that I have read so far in this thread. The people who want to RP for fun still can, the people who want serious feedback can get it, and the people who have spammed shit for AP/EXP/GP/Items including me will no longer have incentive to do so. With out incentive to get more AP/EXP/GP/Items people will be less inclined to want feedback except for those who really, and truly want to improve their writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6UV2gXwFPw
    Last edited by Jethro; 01-17-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    *raises hand*

May we have the wiki back? I miss the wiki.

I also think we just kind of maybe need a way to reach new people? We need to actively seek out fresh blood for the forums. Sorry, but, it's laughable to talk about activity with how few members we have and how rarely we get newbies in the first place. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but I think it's worth repeating. For what it's worth, I also second making RoG slightly less intimidating to go through. I tried introducing someone to the site only for them to balk when trying to build their profile because they worried about getting it approved.
    Last edited by FennWenn; 01-17-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    1.) I thought I was the only one who despised smut... This is a relief.

But yeah, I've noticed an extreme drop in quality writing since things like the AP system and those cool badges happened. I remember power groups and epic story lines that affected all characters like the Eiskalt War. I was too oblivious to get some of it back then, but now I wish we had that again instead of farming GP and AP - which is crazy, because I'm too guilty of this myself. Althanas has helped me grow so much as a writer, but I've slacked off. Solo a, b, and c aren't that good so I give up trying and submit it for a no judgement. Why give up precious AP when it's not worth a poor 65 score I've regularly gotten anyways? Althanas has changed, in a bad way.

I get exactly where Shin is coming from.

However, you can't force anyone to do anything. I get that. I dearly appreciate all the RPers willing to put an M rating warning on their threads. I don't know what needs to be done or what path to take at this point. Maybe I'm too stuck in the past? I'm confused...

2.) Please bring Power Groups back? Please?? They were probably the best way to collaborate, at least for me. I remember the great power groups clashing, everyone finding some way into an epic grand storyline. It felt big, and awesome. Of course, there's more ways to collaborate than that (bless Nev for being as active as he is!). However, Power Groups just had this magic to them, y'know?

3.) LOOOOOOOOOOOORRE! I need more lore! Let's host an event where we make a new region! Spark a grand war between Raiaera and Alerar! Start a whole dang world war! Something massive about the Tap is descoverd and everyone gets sucked into it? Something involving the great, beautiful, awesome LOOOOOORE of this site! And more lore!

4.) More site-wide collaboration in general.

Anyone can write with anyone at one point. Nevin has proven that. But we need a something, some kind of big event, to bring us all together to craft the story of the century. More massive than the regular events? Oh, I dunno... World War of Althanas sounds lovely. xD

Blargh, I dunno xD :P

[[[Edit]]]
    5.)
    I personally never felt intimidated by site lore or the RoG. Of course, I had my cousins to help me settle in too. Making the RoG system less intimidating sounds good, but I've always loved how flexible it can be for structuring way out there abilities. Making it stricter or enforcing more rules may be a wrong move. Releasing more info of how to structure profiles and stuff would rock!

Re-adding the basic lore guides per region and sub-region again would probably help. Adding very basic guides to the overall lore would be neat too. Trying to simplify the lore for newcomers would be good. It should also be known that learning the lore can be an ongoing process, studying it day and night (unless you're a lore nerd and love doing that) shouldn't be required or encouraged.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 01-17-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Sweet Cinnamoth

EXP: 37,766, Level: 8
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next Level: 6,234
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next Level: 6,234

GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey
    Race
    Frost Fae

View Profile
    let fae invade Salvar

this is the solution to all problems

i have no bias whatsoever

Shattered heart and Soul

EXP: 76,735, Level: 11
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next Level: 265
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Fae can have salvar as long as they bring Amari shiniest

Also not gonna lie, incredibly hurt for being called out when my threads haven't been read clearly, as much of the time Ira not pure smut ita violence or themes that may make others uncomfortable ie; suicide. Tension, drug use

So my suggestion is what I suggested before. If people want pure Smut threads either make a tag that says 'this is pure smut'

I know a few threads contain sexual content but Ira not the main point of the thrwad too

So maybe jusy a guide, heck I will wrire one up after my family leaves today. One on like tagging your posts

And in the first thread elaborate in quote box (I used to do this)

Like rated m: contains mention of suicide. Drug use, violence, mild sexual scenes

Or stuff like that. That way on a quick glance peiple can know if it's something they want to read

Innocence & Instincts

EXP: 29,359, Level: 7
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next Level: 5,641
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,641

GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    again, we forgot about the rated AURE, it's the Althanas way of saying "mature" or "may contain topics that will cause some to be uncomfortable"

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Rated AURE is the best Althanas meme ever. xD

I'm sorry if I caused hurt feelings, 'Mari. Maybe I was too blunt...

A tag system would be great. Rated M/ AURE maybe would not be the only available tag though? See, once upon a time, I was on a Star Wars RP site (not anymore) that had a massive tag ruleset. There were tags ranging from Open (open RP for all, like tavern threads), Private (we call them "Closed" threads here), Faction Only (Called Power Groups here), Farming (trying to get a spoil), and so on and so forth. They were all colorful little stickers or pins put next to thread titles. We could really be onto something with this tag idea! It would probably be more organized, or at least clarifying.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    See I used thay but someone ans I can't remember who asked me to switch to M as Aure wasore of an inside joke and new people wouldn't know it

Shattered heart and Soul

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Mo flamers itwasn't you. I know peiple don't like smut. That's fine, but being villianised for writing a lot and for enjoying it isn't something I like.

I digress I wanna move past rhat.

It was mentioned someone would need to work on lore/wiki stuff my hand has always been up for that. I'm impartial I don't know a lot of old lore and am happy to work on whay is in previous lore etc

Also aa for judgements another idea;

I know I've been learning and practising judgements for staff by using workshops. I think having some of that info available for public would help others write workshops too.

Gosh knows I've learned a lot from it, and If others have thay resource they coukd contribute more effectively too

Iknow witjc workshops people often say they aren't sure on how to properly provide feedback. If we show people jow then that could prove to be incentive yo do so

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    I really really want these damn bots to stop creating accounts on our site :S I hate looking at who's online and seeing it full of people that aren't... people.

Definitely some good suggestions here from what I saw skimming. I think getting our wiki live should be a big priority, it feels like a wasted resource right now.
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."