Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I dropped down from the tree branch and slowly shook my head in response to her disdain. Perhaps yes, it would have been less messy - but she had said nothing of her plans to me, so I had operated under the assumption that she found them, and I would end them.

Long strides carried me to her, and I picked up the spikes that she had tossed on the ground. I flicked them clean of blood. Involuntarily, her eyes followed the scarlet drops. Hmm, she still thirsted for blood, but had it contained for the time being. Was sentient that much better at quelling her hunger? Or did it excite her more? Strange. I also had to make a note that vampire venom apparently - at least I presumed it did from the reaction - contained a mild aphrodisiac of some kind. Either that, or having her suckle on my wrist had been an heretofore unknown kink of mine.

I calmly locked that train of thought down. I had had my fun in teasing her, but that was as far as it would go. I did not need her thinking I had developed some kind of actual attraction to her. Instead I finally responded to her vocally. “If that is the case and it bothers you, I can clean them.” I made the offer coolly. I didn't care who cleaned the chickens - they would eat the same either way.

She shook her head, her green-gold gaze narrowed. “I’m fine,” she barked harshly as she started plucking the feathers from the first chicken. I shrugged, and took one of the others and began cleaning it - I was much cruder about it than she though. The girl - Kara, she had told me her name - was steadily, easily plucking the feathers out. I? I took a dagger from my belt and swiftly skinned the one I was holding, relishing the feeling of the blood coursing over my hands. The process went smoothly from there - though the dhampir did glare at me for taking the chicken that I did. I ignored her as I gathered up wood and started a small fire, then stabbed the chicken through. I propped it over the fire and left, searching out herbs that would make good seasonings for the chicken. I returned and began crushing and rubbing the herbs I had found onto the chicken chunks.

She still glared at me- what was the point of her narrowed eyes were they suppose to wound me? “I need to find some wet moss to clean myself up,” she stood up abruptly with a huff. I shrugged and watched her go off, and turned my attention back to tending to the chicken. Here I thought I had been managing to put some life into my actions. Ah well - hunting wasn't for everyone. Maybe she was upset I cleaned one of the chickens? She turned a little while after and her face was somewhat cleaner, I could see hints of dirt from the moss she had used to clean herself. “What,” she glared some more- what was honestly the purpose of her narrowed eyes it had no effect on me.

“Is the light hurting your eyes, or something?” I tilted my head to one side. I couldn't think of any other way reason why she would be glaring at me so much. I tore one of the chicken legs free and tossed it over to her. “Careful, it is hot.”

She rolled her eyes, ignoring my first question and snatched the chicken leg from the air. “I can manipulate fire, I think I’ll be fine with a freshly cooked chicken.” I watched as she bit into the steaming meat. She winced, blowing out what I can only assume was residual heat from the chicken. Yes, she was so completely fine. She also didn't answer my question about her eyes. Very well, if she wanted to be standoffish, at least I could say I had tried. I might not be looking for friends but she wanted me to be her ally. I shrugged and tore thin strips from the chicken, waving them slightly to cool them before popping them into my mouth.

I ate in silence, keeping one eye on the dhampir girl as the other chickens cooked. I wasn't sure why the killing of the chickens seemed to have upset her so - I hid my grin. “I am sorry, were you looking forward to choking the chicken that much?”
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Newcomer

EXP: 1,345, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next Level: 655
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next Level: 655

GP

Name
    Karina Jo Tayler
    I couldn’t take it anymore I turned to face him and whipped the chicken leg that I had in my hand at him. It soared with inhuman like speed and hit him right in the forehead. “Your mood swings are giving me whiplash, one moment it’s like you are made of Stone no emotion the next it’s like you are a regular man and letting your cock do the thinking.” I growled with frustration, I was terribly confused on what type of game he was playing. How could I win when I certainly was not in his league?

His head swung to the side, avoiding the impromptu projectile with ease. He seemed - amused. He tapped his chin in thought, staring at me. “Dham-Kara.” His voice was - steady, mildly amused, and a bit thoughtful. “You seem to be, misunderstanding things perhaps a bit. What you see as me being made of ‘stone’,” and here he seemed to wince a little before continuing, “is when I am focused on my profession. Emotions get in the way of a Hunt, or taking down a monster that threatens others. So when I am working, I set those aside. Here, and now? When we are merely eating together? That is when I can speak more freely.” He shrugged.

“And, of course. It's fun to torment you.”

I rolled my eyes, suddenly having lost my appetite, I found a stick and started to draw elaborate patterns in the dirt. Drawing always eased my worries and the storm that waged on in my heart. “What a lonely life you must live,” I shook my head glancing up at him.

“Shutting off emotionally and let me guess bouncing from whore house to whore house when you want warm flesh.” That isn’t a life worth living, then again look at me being hunted and on the run for over three years isn’t much of a life either. I thought chastising myself for allowing myself to judge him.

“Nevermind forget that I said anything, live the life you want.”

He shrugged. “It's the life I know, girl. A Huntsman is meant to stay alone until they retire. We can have allies, meet people - but it isn't safe to have a relationship. Nor is it fair to the other, when we might die on our next Hunt, if we face something that is too much for us. Here. Look.” He unbuttoned the shirt and waist coat he was wearing, and spread his torso coverings out wide so I could see his bare chest and stomach. He was lean, muscular, defined - and there were three massive, ropey scars running from his right shoulder down towards his navel. It looked like something had tried to rip him open - and succeeded.

I reach out to trace the gnarly scars but pulled back immediately.

“It's fine.” His voice was soft, steady.

At first my fingertips barely grazed his flesh, but soon traced over the soft, rugged flesh. I looked up at him, “I see what you mean but that still sounds like a lonely life, trust me I know what lonely is.”

“Perhaps. But this, this wound? I very nearly died from it, Kara. I barely made it to a city, and by the time I did, I was so delirious I could not even tell the constable my name. I was in and out of surgery for over a year as they waited for me to heal enough to do the next stage. They kept me sedated the entire time, because apparently any time I was even mildly coherent I was screaming in pain. Tell me - what woman deserves a partner who vanishes for a year with no warning, no word? None.” He shrugged, and pulled his shirt back in place, and rebuttoned it and his waistcoat.

“I have a life expectancy, barring death in the line of duty, of a thousand years or so. I will have time for a love life after.”

I shook my head, I didn’t agree with him I couldn’t agree with him. “Any woman that was your partner would have looked for you, poster, flyers. It may not be fair but love never is.”

“And I might not even have been in the same country, Kara. Hunters roam where there are beasts to slay. I am one of the better Huntsmen, and so I have traveled far and wide across my home continent. And now look at me, weeks away across an ocean in another land entirely.” His voice was soft, steady.

I shrugged, “I can’t argue with you. It’s the life you chose but mark my words one day you will wake up in an unknown place and realize that even a life of chasing beast isn’t worth secluding yourself from love.”
    He laughed. “And that is the day I will know I am ready to retire. I am not saying I will never seek a lover. Just, that it will come in my own time later in life.”

I shook my head, “yet you, yourself said that you live a dangerous life. Wait too long and you may just die not knowing what love is because you never took the chance to find out until it was too late.” He tilted his head to one side, silver eyes studying me.

“Perhaps. But that is the risk I run, for the life I live. I am a sword, keeping people safe from the things that seek to bring them down. Now - dhampir girl. Are you satiated?” He sighed and pulled in, pulled away, and I could see the way he was retreating from the conversation.

I shrugged simply, “I am never satisfied, but you should eat your chicken before it gets cold.” I stood up straight dusting my hands off.
    Last edited by realize.real.lies.; 01-18-2018 at 11:14 PM.

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650
    Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I stood up myself, dusting off my coat from where I had been sitting. I - hadn’t actually been particularly hungry, but had taken food so that the dhampir girl wouldn’t feel too out of place and awkward about eating by herself. If she was done - or as done as she would get - then that meant I no longer needed to keep up the pretense of eating myself.

“Well. Then it seems that this is concluded.” I studied her for a long moment, tilting my head to the side, eyes narrowed behind my glasses. She seemed upset - I couldn't blame her. People usually didn't like it when they ran into someone who lived blatantly in defiance of one of their worldviews. I didn't hate the thought of love - I just did not believe myself in a place suitable for romance or real connections. I ran too much risk of dying in a ditch somewhere becoming a meal for some monster or another. I would not do that to a loved one, would not scar their hearts like that. She claimed that I should anyway - but I refused to let someone love me when there was a chance that one day I would just disappear.
    Hells, I didn't even have friends at the academy. Friendships were - not for me, it seemed. But that was fine - I had a very, very long life ahead of me if I didn't end up falling to claw or fang or blade. Love could come later in my life. As for friends, I would just content myself with allies in the Hunt. I didn't need more, despite what this hopeful dhampir might believe. I cleared my throat.

“You still desire my return to you, to verify that you have not fallen to your blood lust, Kara?” I tilted my head to the other side. I was examining her, watching her movements and her body language.

She jumped slightly at my voice, had I caught her off guard? Her green/gold hues swirled with mixed emotions. Slowly she nodded her head causing her curls to bounce.”Yes..” I folded my arms across my chest and nodded once, slowly.

“Very well then. Do you have a residence you desire me to locate you at, or would you prefer a neutral meeting ground?” If she had a nest - a home, I suppose - then knowing where it was might be.. Good.

“I have a home nestled in the mountains, I stay there from time to time.” She nodded her head towards the North. Well. That would be enough for me to track her down. I took off my hat and held it against my chest as I bowed, sweeping my left hand out and away from myself as I did.

“Well then, Kara. I will return to you later - unexpectedly, I do believe. It would be better if you didn't know when I was coming. It will… help keep you steady, knowing I might always be watching.” Behind my mask, I grinned. I stood back up straight and replaced my hat. “Perhaps in time we will figure out a way for you to call me if you feel it is necessary. Alas, in this land, I know of no such options. I have no talent for magical things.” I rolled my shoulders in a shrug. Perhaps she might, but I, did not.

She nodded softly, “there are shops here that have such things. Until next time Huntsman.” I gave her a firm nod, be fire turning and heading back towards town. I would have to look into these stores that might have what I needed, then. Hm. I picked up my pace, breaking into an easy jog as I headed back towards the town.
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.