Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow

Misguided Hunt (Closed)

S'got a bit of violence folks. Bloody visceral violence.
    “We have heard, that you are one who hunts monsters?” I slowly tilted my head back to look up at the elegantly dressed man who had swept up to my table. I was currently sitting in a decent tavern, but far from a fancy place. This man, in his fancy garb and his long sweeping hair, and his admittedly wrinkled skin, was an outlier, even more so than I was. I at least was quiet and kept to myself, and this old man was - well. He was coming to talk to someone else, in his rich, drawing voice. But - he wasn't wrong.

“You have been informed correctly. I am the Huntsman, or the Good Hunter. Hunting beasts is my calling.” I folded my hands together atop the table and watched as this stranger practically flowed into his chair. My eyes narrowed behind my glasses. There was something off about his movements, a strange, almost inhuman quality to them.

That could just be because he was moving so smoothly at his age, though, as what I knew of humans meant that normally when they looked as old as this particular specimen did, they normally became stiff and slow. Still, I would keep an eye on him.

“Excellent. My associates and I have recently learned the location of a particularly foul monster that has been plaguing us for some time - we have, thus far, proven incapable of taking the thing out ourselves, and so, we turn to… Outside help.” Oh? So it was a particularly dangerous beast to hunt then? Beneath my mask, I felt my lips slide back from my teeth in a grin of anticipation. A good Hunt made my blood stir like little else.

“Well then. Tell me of your beast, and where it resides.” I gestured with one hand, indicating for the old man to speak. With an obvious air of distaste, he did so.

“It is a thing masquerading as a woman. Some kind of blood-consuming monstrosity, we are sure that it is running rampant even now, draining people and moving on.” He spoke of a vampire. Oh, a glorious Hunt indeed if one of the nightwalkers had gone over the edge into their bloodthirst.

“Oh, now this does sound like a Hunt. Tell me where.”

-------

The city was choking with the crowds of people. I stood out here, in this city - my midnight black skin and white hair drew attention from the citizenry. I suppressed my urge to belittle the for staring so blatantly at me - did these people know nothing of subtlety? Fah, at least it meant it would likely be easy to follow rumors to my prey. As I slowly paced through the crowds, people clearing away from me a bit as I did so, I turned over the information that I had been given.

The ‘woman’ was bloodthirsty, and according to them should either be engaging in blood drinking as frequently as possible, or gorging itself. Either one would stand out in the city that it had apparently hidden itself in. I was also given a brief physical description of the flesh mask it wore: sharp, aristocratic features, full red lips - to hide blood stains from its feasting no doubt - and vivid green-gold eyes. It was likely those last that would let me identify my target - eyes of golden hue were fairly unusual.

I made my way to a bar, and tucked myself in, ordering some food and some drink. It was easiest to blend in and be ignored if you were doing what people thought you should be - and I was here to listen to rumors, not draw attention. I accepted the mug of whatever foul brew the bar was serving, and took the bowl of thin, watery soup with a grunt. It would serve to sustain me, even if it was unpleasant. I cooked better, with wild monster meat. Sad.

By the time I had finished my poor excuse for a meal, I was beginning to feel stirrings of irritation. There were no signs of a vampire having run amok, at all. They were fairly distinctive when they gave in to their blood thrust - desiccated bodies littered their wakes. So either I had been misinformed, which I absolutely detested, or, this one had managed to retain some of its unnatural cunning even in the depths of its depravity.

It seemed I would just have to put in leg work. I I stood up and returned my Saw-Spear to its holster under my cloak, and swept out of the bar. I almost froze in shock as I walked out the door. No, there was no way my luck was that serendipitous. A curvaceous ‘woman’ with golden-green eyes was walking towards me on the street, though she didn't seem to actually be paying attention to me. I tilted my hat down and stepped to the side, out of her way, and she hurried past, apparently trying to get away.
    Beneath my mask a cold smile curved my lips. Perhaps I had not been misinformed after all.

Let the hunt begin.
    Cruel and brutal are the blades for the Beast
    It's time to Carve and Clatter and Cleave.

A member of the NevCrew:
    Nevin: Thread count: please, don't try.
    Erik: Thread count: five or six. Maybe seven...
    Huntsman: seven. Maybe eight. Shhhhhhh.
    Telli' thread count: zero. I just can't get into writing the little hellion.

Newcomer

EXP: 1,345, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next Level: 655
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next Level: 655

GP

Name
    Karina Jo Tayler
    I had been on the run for three years on my own, Karver, my father had dumped me in this fetal place and disappeared with an empty promise to return. I didn’t stay in cities for too long and always checked using two names at two different Inns. One of my own making and then my actual name, of course never sleeping in the bed that belonged to Karina as it was a trap for those who have set out to destroy me.

Click, click, click.

The heel of my boots fell against the cobblestone street. I didn’t watch the people that passed by me. I was in s sea of faces and only glanced up every so often. Two more blocks, take a left down the alley than a right to the other alley where the Inn is. Use the side do to check in. I repeated my plan over and over again, somehow it was slightly calming to have something planned out.

I always found a side entrance to both Inns that I would use because I tend to stick out like a sore thumb. I had a very feminine frame that tended to draw attention and if it wasn’t that it was my silky chocolate curls that cascaded down my back. The striking cheekbones and pouty red lips. I’m not conceited but as much as I tried someone always tried to talk to me and that is something I didn’t want.

I had an eerie feeling that the ancients were on my trail one poor woman that had used my bed to sleep in under my real name was stabbed to death. Poor girl was probably trying to get out of winter's chill. I learned from that mistake always to slip to the room place a sign on the door for no one to enter. I didn’t want anyone else to die at the cost of me.

“Damn you Karver,” I hissed as I could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I know cursing my father wasn’t something that would make my circumstances better but I was certain he had abandoned me and left me to die.

I quickly entered into the alley way, I couldn’t shake the feeling of being watched as I whipped my head around, it was only me in the alley though. Not a sound or a person was around. One more alley after this and you will be safe. I had already checked in as Karina Tayler at the Inn in the middle of town. Now I was making my way towards the outskirts to check in as Sarah Paxton.

The one thing Karver did right is he left me with a substantial amount of money. He was an ancient vampire himself so he had much of it. He did the one thing that ancients aren’t supposed to do. He met a human and fell in love.

They had me and it cost my mothers life and my freedom. The other ancients exiled my father and swore to kill the abomination, me. Another chill ran down my spine. Trust your senses, Karina. I could hear my father's voice say.

I quickened my pace and dipped into the next alley to the right of me. I was so close and just as I was about to be free for the night something slammed me into the brick wall. Me ears rang and my vision blurred, “what the fuck?” I hadn’t even seen who or what had attacked me. My head lulled slightly, I tried to get myself together but it was taking longer than I wanted.

EXP: 7,350, Level: 3
    Level completed: 59%, EXP required for next Level: 1,650

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    Now, this had been an interesting little hunt. Since seeing the masquerading monster, I had followed ‘her’ throughout the city, curious. And waiting for her to try to get someone alone so she could feed. And yet, despite tracking her from the center of the city outwards, she had never once tried to get anyone in private. In fact, she had avoided getting close to people as much as possible.
    It was an outlier. A significant enough one that my curiosity was piqued. At this point I was fairly certain I could take the thing out with ease. But variations always warranted investigation - you never knew when it was an entirely new race, completely separate from what you thought you were hunting. So I bided my time, following her in the shadows. My dark clothes and darker skin made it almost too easy - but when dealing with a beast, there was no such thing as ‘too easy’. She ducked through alleys, and I paused at the entrance.
    She'd been hesitating just a little bit recently - likely having at least an inkling of my presence. So I waited a few moments, letting her look behind her and see that there was no one there. Then I slipped in behind her, and unhooked my Saw-Spear from the hook on my back, and deployed it to its full state.
    She was slowing down, apparently thinking she was safe. Strange, she shouldn't feel at her best when alone, there was no one here for her to feed upon. She paused near a wall, and I took my opportunity. I rushed into her, feet whispering across the stones, and slammed her into the wall. Her head bounced off of it as I spun her her around, and planted the tip of the Saw-Spear against the wall, the jagged teeth just barely pressing against her flesh.
    Oh? She was coherent? That was another oddity. Lost in blood lust, she shouldn't even be able to form words. I narrowed my eyes behind my glasses.
    “What manner of beast are you, pray tell?” My voice was hard and cold as studied her, watching her trying to recover her bearings. I could see her slowly starting to get a grip on her bearings.
    “I’m not a fucking beast,” she spat at me. This one had spirit a fire in her that I found oddly out of place - sanity, and full coherence. I tilted the Saw-Spear away from her ever so slightly.
    “Hm. Manners then, if you are no beast. I am known as the Huntsman, and you, match the description of a monster I was told was in this area. Is this merely an unfortunate coincidence?” It was rare, but it happened. I flicked the Saw-Spear away from her, clicking it back into its folded up state, and stepped back from the small human, watching her. If I was wrong, and she was the beast, I would have moments to react at best. Plenty of time.
    I watched her spit on the ground looked as if she was bleeding. Odd that she would spit out the crimson liquid. “Well Huntsman I am no beast but thanks for the foreplay it was great.” She rubbed the back of her skull and winced slightly. Hmm.
    “Well then. I suggest you leave the city posthaste. Elderly men warned me of a monster stalking the streets, and you resemble it. Others may not be as - circumspect about moving in for the kill.” I took another step back, watching her.
    “The fucking ancients,” she growled with frustrations. “God’s can’t they leave me alone, heaven forbid that a dhampir mixed with their royal blood live. An abomination and we must strike her from existence.” She mocked what I had to assume was the ones she called the ancients. I frowned and tilted my head. The Saw-Spear clicked out, and I pointed the sharp edge at her.
    “So. You are my prey, but you are not actually a blood thirsty monster ripping through the citizenry.” I had been lied to, about a hunt. That - that infuriated me. Very few things got through my calm, but this managed it. I growled under my breath. “Explain your relationship with the wrinkled liar, if you would be so kind.” I forced my voice to stay steady and calm.
    “Get that thing out of my face if you would be so kind and I may abide by your request.” She quipped back at me, her gold green gaze narrowed. I clicked the blade back, letting it hang loose at my side. She huffed, watching me.
    “My father is an ancient vampire, my mother is-was a human. It is very frowned upon for a vampire to mate with a human especially an ancient. Since I am a dhampir with ancient blood they look at me like an abomination that needs to be taken care of.” She rolled her eyes, “leave it to them to call me a beast when they have enturn been hunting me for three years and killed my mother.” She said bitterly.
    Hm. It seems that my feeling that the liar was not right was accurate. An ancient vampire. Rare breed, and usually kept well out of mortal affairs. I folded the Saw-Spear back up and hung it back under my cloak as she continued her tale. I folded my arms across my chest and let her speak - though in truth, I did not really care that much. It was sad yes, and interested me only in so far that these animals had been stalking the woman for three years. Still, I was not so stupid as to tell her that.
    “They seem rather dedicated to the task. Well. If you are no beast and no threat to the city then I suppose we have no further business. My apologies for - well. I suppose I should not apologize for doing my job. But I would suggest leaving the city immediately, good lady. They are aware of you being here. Now, unless you wish something from me, I should be off. It seems I have a vampire that needs an explanation on why lying to a Huntsman is a terrible idea.” I bowed to her, my coat flaring with the motion.

A member of the NevCrew:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Karina Jo Tayler
    Maybe he could help me, I have been on the run and even one less ancient would help. I shuddered for a moment before calling after him, “wait.” I bit down on my lower lip, everything in me was telling myself to just let him be. Why would I try something new when me being on the run by myself was doing so good, but it wasn’t- was it?

He pause and straightened up, raising one white eyebrow. It was hard to make out his expression with the face mask and hat on, but he seemed curious. “Yes, good lady?” His head tilted to one side, watching me from behind those dark glasses.

“I- I could use your help, I have five ancients hunting me and if you could just maybe… Listen I need you to kill this fucker okay? He has been on my tail the last three cities I have went too.” I huffed, pushing a fluster hand through my long chocolate locks.

“Oh?” He shifted, taking a half step towards me. “So, you wish the vampire threatening you not just punished, but eliminated?” Slowly one hand came up and rubbed against his chin through his mask. “A vampire, threatening and chasing a young woman, forcing her to flee from city to city. Yes, I think I that will make a fine specimen for a hunt.” He bowed with a flourish, one hand folding to rest on his chest while the other swept out to the side. “Good lady, you have a Huntsman on your side in this hunt.” He tilted his head back, to stare at her with his eyes, and at this angle she could see that they were a silver color that reflected the light

“And I just so happen to know where he will be, as he wished me to report to him when I succeeded.”

His eyes were oddly hypnotizing in a way, I shook my head head. “Here, to make it more realistic.” I tore one of my sleeves from my shirt and took the dagger from its thigh holster and drew it across my arm. I hissed slightly from the pain for a moment before letting the blood dripped on the fabric. “Take this as a prize for him, it will smell just like my father to him.” Satisfied onced the fabric was saturated with enough of my blood I held it out for him to take.

The Huntsman stood up and raised an eyebrow as he looked down at me. Slowly, his left hand reached out and took the fabric, my blood staining, into his gloved grasp. He studied it for a moment, then spoke.

“I had intended to ask for a lock of your hair, but it seem that this is even better suited to the task. Now, good lady. Did you wish to accompany me, or is there somewhere you would like to meet afterward?”

“No I want to look into the eyes of one of the men that helped kill my mother.” I tore another small piece of fabric from my clothing and wrapped it around the cut on my arm before tying it. “Blood will appease him better.”

He seemed to judge me for a moment, then shrugged and nodded. “Very well. Your reasons are your own. The prey is in this city - he was eager to receive word as soon as possible.” He tucked my bloody fabric into a pocket on his waistcoat, then adjusted his overcoat. “I suggest keeping a bit of distance until you are sure he is alone. Now. This way, if you would.” The Huntsman swept his hand back in the direction we had come from. “I'll lead the way.” And with no further warning, he walked off, long strides that ate the ground as he moved away.

I stayed back, allowing a few paces in between. I had an anxious feeling I was finally going to be able to take down one of the sons of bitches that killed my mother. I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel a sense of giddiness but I know that there was still four more that wanted me. Some wanted me dead others alive for their own sick and twisted agenda.

I moved swiftly and weaved in and out of the sea of bodies with ease, always keeping my gaze to the ground. I slowed my pace every so often to make sure that it wasn’t noticeable that the huntsman and I were going to the same place. We started to move inwards toward the city the sea of people started to thicken and I had to keep a closer eye on the tall man.

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    Even in the thick crowds of the late evening city, I was given a wide berth by nearly everyone. It was somewhat satisfying to have a small bubble of peace amidst the crowds - after all, here in this city, a Drow stood out. I ignored the slightly fearful looks people were giving me - it was best that the majority were afraid of me, a reaction of them to a Hunter. While I was not an exclusive Hunter of Men, I could perform the task - and even now, I was watching the crowds around me, eyes scanning for any potential threats.

Truly, the only oddity of any note was the girl following in my wake. I couldn't remember if she had given me her name - but her race had registered in my mind. The dhampir girl was sticking somewhat close. While the casual observer probably would not pick her up, I was far from a casual observer. But it didn't bother me - for this Hunt she was an ally. I felt one corner of my mouth twist upwards. A good Hunt was one I didn't mind sharing - more blades to sink into our prey were a good thing, in my mind. However, it was a personal vendetta for her, so I doubted she'd be interested in joining in future hunts. A shame, as a dhampir she had an inherent predator trait that would be useful. And if she fell to her blood lust, well. I'd be right there, ready to complete a short hunt.

So, I set the girl out of my focus. She remained in my awareness, slipping through the crowds like an eel as she tried to keep up. But now my main focus was on the rather ornate building u was coming up to. It was a bar, but one of rather higher quality than I normally bothered to frequent. The people here were concerned more with trade, numbers, math, and nobility, not the beasts I sought after. But this, well, this was where the liar had said he would be awaiting my report. So I moved inside, drawing only a few looks of confusion. My attire was unusual, but high quality, so aside from the minor reaction to the fact that I was a Drow no one bothered to give me a second look.

Ahead, I saw the liar, sitting at a table by himself. His attention was on the scantily clad woman who was carrying drinks around - and yes, now that I was watching, I saw him lick his lips, sharp canines poking out from his teeth as he did so. Then he saw me and he stood up abruptly, still far more smoothly than a man of his apparent age should be able to.

“Ah, Good Hunter.” I nodded. He paused and took a breath, and I saw his nostrils widen a fraction. Another mark against him. “I take it you have good news for me, sir?” He smiled, and this time there was no sign of the fangs. So he could obscure them when intentionally aware of the need. Interesting.

“Indeed. The hunt was completed.” He had no way of knowing that normally I would have said that my pretty was slaughtered. In this case, what he didn't know would hurt him, despite the old adage. He clapped his hands.

“Excellent news! Come, come. I have a private room waiting. I'll be treating myself to a delicacy after your report - the others all thought that reaching out would prove as fruitless as our own actions have.” As he spoke I saw his eyes flicker across the ornate, crowded halls, back to the serving girl.

One hand tightened, the glove creaking. Beast, you just signed your death warrant. My prey was before me and now nothing would stay the blade. I remained silent as he led the way to a room. He opened the door and ushered me inside, catching the eyebrow I raised at the heavy door.

“A kindness of the establishment. They have soundproofing installed, to protect business deals.* And other things, I would assume, if you were so familiar with this place, Beast. I let the door swing mostly closed behind me, though I did jar it a fraction so that the dhampir girl could make it in. I hope she realized that the prey would be fought soon. I did not know how long I would be able to resist the urge to end the hunt.

To distract myself, and him, I pulled the blood-stained cloth from my waistcoat’s pocket, and offered it to him. I was expecting him to take it gingerly, or gently - but no. It was almost ripped from my hand, and the liar brought it up to his nose and inhaled deeply. His body tremored, and I saw him lick at it frantically after a moment, forgetting I was even there. I gripped my Saw-Spear tightly. I just needed the dhampir girl to come in and I could end this accursed Beast - where was she?!

A member of the NevCrew:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Karina Jo Tayler
    I choked, I choked when I laid eyes on him. It had been so many years since I had laid eyes on him. I felt like I was still that small little girl in my mother’s closet watching as the defiled and butchered her before setting the house on fire.

I could feel tears starting to spring to life in my unique eyes as rubbed at them and willed them to go away. I hadn’t cried in over four years and I wasn’t going to start now over this prick. I looked around and realized that they were gone. Slowly I lifted my head and sniffed the air, it was perfumed with lust, stale booze and- and there they were.

Slowly I followed the scent of death and blood, they seemed to have went to a private room. I waited and listened to them speak to one another. I could hear him as he inhaled my scent and it sent a shiver down my spine. I tested the door and it easily gave way, he had left it cracked for me.

I slipped in but I didn’t go unnoticed, so it was Booker that was hunting me. His sharp features turned inward with shock. His dark eyes narrowed with discuss but not before he eyed me like a piece of meat. “What is this,” he tossed his questioned towards the hunter. The look of betrayal marred his otherwise perfect face.

The Huntsman seemed to have been waiting for my arrival. As Booker’s head was swinging back toward him, the hunter moved in a short sharp flash, his body blurring into motion. There was an almost familiar click - and Booker looked down, to see a cruelly serrated blade jammed into his chest. The Huntsman tore the blade upwards, ripping it straight through flesh and bone, sending a spray of viscera into the air. He seemed to know that wouldn't be enough to stop an ancient vampire - because there was another click, and the blade folded back, over the Hunter’s hand - and he swung it around in an arc, adding the strength of the motion to his own. The jagged teeth bit into the side of Booker’s neck, and with a grunt of exertion there was a sickening pop.

The vampire’s head flew up into the air, and landed on its side, that expression of surprise and betrayal permanently marring it. Still the Hunter did not let up, his arm swung repeatedly, violently dismembering the limbs. He paused, his chest and shoulders heaving, and looked over to me. There was a different look in his eyes now.

“Girl. What does it take to permanently end one of these beasts? Is this enough? Or - need I do more?” There was a bloody, hopeful edge to his words as I stared at him.

Slowly I reach out a tentative hand, as if I was trying to calm a feral animal. “Shh,” I moved to the side of him, my hand gently landed on his arm. “Reel it back in,” my voice was soft as I moved passed him towards the dismembered vampire. I took from my pocket a pack of matches. One flick of my hand and it sparked to life. The fire consumed my hand as I wiggled my fingers. I took an even breath before willing into a ball, it took a moment of concentration but it finally worked in my favor.

I tossed the ball at the body parts as they ignited, slowly I turned around tossing in Booker’s head. “I curse you to an eternity to pain and suffering you fucking leech.” There was a snort from the Huntsman, then a loud grunt and the sound of rustling cloth.

“So after death, incineration. I'll have to include fire in my arsenal now.” He moved up next to me - and I realized he was staring at me, not the fire. I turned my head towards him - to see that he had pulled his glasses down and was staring at me with a worrying amount of intent. “In the future, dhampir girl, keep your hands to yourself. You nearly lost it touching me there.” His words were hard and cold. “Now. I'll await you outside, sate your vengeance.” With that he was gone, slipping out through a barely opened door, to prevent anyone else from seeing inside.

“You looked like a feral monster that you claim to hunt, how about a thank you for drawing your attention away so you didn’t lose your shit,” I said bitterly after him.

Sighing softly I moved towards the body that was now pile of ashes. Shaking my head I blew out the last of the fire before dropping a few coins on the blood soaked chair. I turned and left closing the door behind me. I notified one of the workers that the person that was in there had left a real mess of the place. I walked out of the tavern quickly, almost bumping into the hunter. “I have to move the others are going to catch wind that Booker is dead and the real hunt for my head is about to start.” I started to walk briskly down the street dipping into a back alley way. I noticed that he hadn’t followed, I groaned with frustration, “come on.” I hollered waiting to make sure he heard me from around the corner.
    Last edited by realize.real.lies.; 01-18-2018 at 10:57 PM.

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I tilted my head. She wished me to follow, despite seeing my more cruel side? Odd. She seemed afraid of me, yet she wished me to follow her. How bizarre. I thought for a moment of just continuing on my way, and leaving this strange little dhampir girl to her own devices. Then I rolled my eyes behind my glasses. No, that wouldn't work - she'd likely try tracking me down, and now that she wasn't prey I couldn't bring myself to hurt her to make her stop. At least not now that I had calmed down from my blood fueled state.

Besides. She would likely lead me to more of the Beasts. They stalked her, hungry for her - which meant, as a good Hunter, I should continue to watch the baited trap when I got the chance to. So with a swirl of my coat, I headed down the alley that she had disappeared into. On the off chance that this was a trap, and now that her other hunter was dear she would try to kill me, my hand rested upon the hilt of my Saw-Spear as I entered. She had moved a bit further down the alley, and was now leaning up against the wall - watching me. I slowly approached, hand still under my coat. She knew what it meant, she had seen the blade flash out.

“You wish something from me, dhampir girl?” My voice was steady and calm as I watched her for any sign of hostile movement.

“You should stop being so paranoid, you’re twice my size I’m not stupid enough to try and take you out. Even if you did bounce my head of the wall.” She huffed rolling her unique eyes at me. “I need your help so that if something goes South and I give into the blood lust you kill me. I don’t wanna end up like them,” she nodded her head towards the pile of dust we had left behind. I blinked and tilted my head to the side. She - wanted me to watch and lie in wait for her fall? I tilted my head to the side, and let my hand fall away from my weapon.

“I have other responsibilities, and other hunts that must be accomplished. But I can accompany you from time to time, if that is your desire.” I had never before encountered someone who wished me to hunt them. But - this was the girl, sane, not fallen to the blood lust, that was asking. Yes, I suppose I could spare some time every so often to check in on her. “And I warn you now. If you accompany me in the future, you are quite likely to see me in that blood thirsty state again. I am not crazed like that - I merely seek to hurt, and draw more blood. Keeping your distance is for safer than approaching. “ I was no mad beast, just more - willing, and eager, to draw blood. Sadistic, some might say.

“Thanks for the heads up, for a moment there sounded like you cared about my well being.” She had a grin on her plush crimson lips, was she taunting me for giving her a simple warning? I shrugged. While normally I would never harm someone who was not my prey - well. In that mental state, drawing a bit of blood, causing a bit of pain? I wouldn't hesitate.

“Apologies, I will endeavor to refrain from giving you false impressions in the future.” I tilted my head to the side. “Did you need accompaniment now, dhampir girl? Or was this merely a negotiation?” Was her fear of falling that imminent? Or did she, in some perverse way, desire the company of someone she had literally asked to kill to kill her, and had informed her he had no qualms with it? What a bizarre woman. Was she what they called a masochist, perhaps? Hm.

A member of the NevCrew:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Karina Jo Tayler
    Wow, he really didn’t have a sense of humor. I shrugged at the lack of emotion he showed. I chalked it up to the less feelings the better. I didn’t like the fact that I was asking a complete stranger for help but the last time I had fed which was three months ago I almost gave into the blood lost.

I never fed on humans, just animals but it’s like drinking a sip of water when you feel like you are dying from dehydration. “I need you to watch me while I feed, I get kind of crazy sometimes. It’s been almost three months since I last fed on an animal- Listen I am scared shitless that I will give into it.” I sighed, I hated feeling vulnerable.

He shifted slightly. “Are you needing a source as well?” There was a slightly curious tone to his voice. His head had tilted to one side, and even through his glasses I could feel his gaze intently boring into me.

Was he offering his blood to me? He may not understand that it’s an intimate and dangerous ordeal. I nibbled on my lower lip. “Are you offering me your blood, Hunter?” I tilted my head causing my chocolate locks to spill over to one side.

“If you need it. Or to help you hunt something down for the blood it possesses. Giving you some of mine would be simpler, and prevent you from edging towards the hunger.” He shrugged one shoulder. The dark skinned man seemed completely ambivalent to it.

“Sharing blood is kind of personal, well maybe not for you because you are a man made of Stone, no feelings but it would to me.” I sighed pushing a flustered hand through my hair straightening myself up. “Plus I haven’t drank from a human in over five years.” I looked down towards my boots.

The Huntsman shrugged again. “Merely an offer, you need not accept that variation if you do not desire to do so. And I do have feelings, they are just rather unimportant for now, so I dismiss them. Now - if you do not desire my blood, we should then, leave the city so that we might obtain an alternative source of nutrition for you.”

“We may want to leave the city either way, I will accept your offer for your blood, but I wish to do it away from others, Incase…” My voice gave way and I glanced up towards the big brute.

“Very well then, let us depart.” I was a bit astonished to see him offer his arm to me. He raised one white eyebrow, and nodded his head to it. “We shall draw less attention if people think we are together, ergo, less wandering eyes following us as we depart the city.” His tone was simple, matter-of-fact.

I took his arm, the feeling a bit unusual as I didn’t touch many people and they didn’t come near me. “Let’s go then, Hunter.” He nodded and took off - actually shortening his strides so I didn't have to hurry to keep up. It was - just what on earth was going on in this dark skinned prick’s head? He was cold, he was formal, but he seemed to do things like this without even registering it.

The trip out of the center of the city was - surprisingly quick. Maybe because people gave the overly tall drow and the short woman beside him - me - a wide berth. It was strange. Maybe I should walk with someone overly tall all the time, I thought sarcastically to myself.
    We made our way to the outskirts, the music of the city falling behind us. Had I not been on the run and with someone that his choices gave me mental whip lash it might have been a romantic stroll.

I took a deep breath, my heart was pounding loud in my ears, I always got like this right before I feed. How unorthodox a dhampir that hates to feed on living things. I could feel my fangs starting to elongate. One thing that was good about having ancients blood is I could retract them.

“We should take to the Forest now, and Inn is still too public.” My voice was soft as I rolled my tongue over the fangs. He tilts his head slightly.

“Very well then.” There was an almost gentle pat on my hand - it was just a bit too stiff - and we turned, taking a different street than the one we had been walking down. Ahead of us lay the city gates, and he had no hint of hesitation in his stride as we slipped into the small stream of people heading out.

My grip on his arm tightened slightly, I could smell all the fresh blood around me, coursing through the sea of people. My breathing became shallow, I was already to feed and being around all these people was pure torture. I looked up towards the Hunter my eyes wide as I gulped down a lump that started to rise in my throat.

Silver eyes focused on me, and his hand tightened over top of mine, squeezing almost painfully. “If it grows to be too much, focus on me. We should be clear in a few more moments” His voice was a steady, soft murmur as he now half-walked, half-dragged me through the crowd.

I covered my mouth and nose with my free hand and focused on the almost crushing force being applied to my other hand. Almost there almost there, I chanted to myself.

Finally the crowd started to thin out and he darted off towards the tree line easily dragging me with him. When we hit the tree line I gasped, the smell of woods filling my nose. My long fangs glistened in the sunlight that peekabooed through the treetops.

My chest moved up and down rapidly as he finally came to a stop in the middle of an opening. “Thanks,” I panted softly.
    Last edited by realize.real.lies.; 01-18-2018 at 11:02 PM.

GP

Name
    Fil'ayn Kiljarden
    Race
    Drow
    I nodded once as she tried to recover herself and her sense of balance. I took a half step away from her and pulled the Saw-Spear out. I looked from her to my wrist, to the blade. “So then, dhampir girl. Do you need to draw blood through your fangs, or if there is already an open wound can you drink directly from that?” The feeding habits of dhampir were - poorly studied, if at all. This would be the first I knew of. I was also curious.

Part of the reason I was willing to help her with this was simple. I hunted Beasts. How often then, did I get a chance to prevent someone from reaching that stage? I wonder, would stopping a Beast from emerging here feel as satisfying as drenching myself in their blood in a Hunt? This was one way of testing that - and if, by chance, while feeding, she slipped and fell and became a Beast herself. Well. My blade was already poised. I watched the tip of her tongue trace over her crimson lips. “I-I can do it myself.” She glanced from my arm to my blade before taking a hesitant step towards me. I watched as she physically trembled. I held out my arm offering her my wrist.

Odd- she almost looked scared to feed from me. Slowly she dipped her head down and at first all I felt was her warm breath on my flesh, then her tongue rolled across it. An almost burning pain erupted as her fangs sunk in my flesh. I could feel an odd sensation wash over me, was it pleasure- no pain, perhaps both? Hmm. It seemed that the stories of vampires using some kind of venom that befuddled the senses of their erstwhile victims were in fact accurate.

I heard her moan softly as she drank greedily. Her grip on my arm tightened as did my grip to my blade. She gulped and I could feel her fangs dig deeper into my arm. My head grew slightly hazy - she'd already consumed a fair amount of blood at this point. It was approaching the point where -

She flew back, blood smeared across her face and slowly trickled down her breast. Her chest was heaving up and down, her pupils dilated. She looked as if to be having an internal battle. I slowly lowered my blade, returning it to its reserved, folded state as I watched her.

“Focus, dhampir girl. You have done an admirable job so far, do not give in to the temptation now. It would be a shame to have to Hunt you so soon after helping you.” Even to my own ears, my voice was a bit thready. Perhaps I had let her consume a little too much blood - and I frowned as I processed something else. Of bloody course. I didn't bother looking down at the tent in my trousers. I would deal with the physical need later. Compartmentalized and shoved away, I focused my attention on the dhampir.

I spoke the truth. Not only had I helped her Hunt, but I had just, quite literally, offered my own blood in an attempt to prevent her from becoming a beast. It would be a terrible shame to have to fight her now, but I would if necessary. I watched, wary, as her blood-flecked chest heaved, her eyes wild. Which side would win here?

She groaned and doubled over, her hands shot up, tangled in her locks. It sounded as if she was sobbing- growling? I frowned. What was it she had said earlier while trying to calm me down - unnecessarily of course? Ah, right.
    “Reel it in there, girl. You have this. You do not want to become them, and you do not have to.” the fabric under my hand creaked as I tightened my grip. I didn't want to startle her so I didn't deploy the blade, but even so I could use it to fight quite well.

Her body slowly stopped trembling and she straightened herself up, so she had been crying. Hm- odd, she quickly wiped away the wetness smearing the blood even more. “I’m fine- I’m okay,” I wasn’t sure if she was trying to convince herself or me. Still, she was talking, and not lunging for me - so I swept my coat back, returning the Saw-Spear to its hook. I let my coat settle back down as I watched her, my head tilted to the side. She was rubbing her face, and paused as she looked in my direction. Had she lost the fight after all?

“I told you it was intimate,” her eyes darted down towards my torso, then further. Ah. I shrugged, and crossed my arms over my chest.

“I find myself unconcerned with this situation. It is a physical reaction - it was pleasant, but painful as well, if you are curious.” Hmm? She was still staring at my crotch, and the redness in her cheeks was not all from the blood. Was she - virgin? Huh. Wouldn't have thought that. “I might as well ask, and I will note it down later - aside from the feeding satisfaction, was it good for you too?” Behind my mask, I smirked. She thought I had no sense of humor. Sorry, dhampir girl, wrong. It just so happened that I found tormenting people amusing.

A member of the NevCrew:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Karina Jo Tayler
    My mouth went completely dry, I still felt high from his blood my body was ridged. I could feel my nipples taut from it, my skin had goosebumps. I hadn’t felt this in awhile, was I blood drunk? Focus, answer his question, I scorned myself. “Yes- yes it was smart ass.” I glared at him, he was taunting me wasn’t he. As if in answer to my thoughts, he bowed down. Oh he was.

“And here I thought you were a stiff brute with no name.” I rolled my eyes. I could still feel the hunger clawing in the back of my throat. It felt like a fire poker was being shoved down my mouth. I gulped, I was turned on, and in pain. I took a step toward him, than a step back and turned away. “Breathe, in and out.” I told myself.

I whimpered softly, I knew all too well that it would take an hour or two for the burning to dissipate but the hunger and urge to give in would take a few days now that I had feed off him. I heard, just barely, soft footsteps approach, and his hand landed on my shoulder.

“I am stiff. Rather, I am a calm man, who doesn't use his name. Now, you. You still hunger, do you not? It will take some time to recover but if you wish to try again we can, perhaps, try tomorrow.” Alright, he had to know what his innuendos were doing. Or that he was doing them, at least.

His closeness and surprising show of affection-no emotion, humanity? Either way it put me on edge. I took another shaky deep breath before turning to look at him. “Well man that offers his blood but not his name, I thank you for your assistance.” Should I take him up on his offer, that means I would have had drow blood two days in a row, I thought tossing and turning my options.

“I- I will take you up on your offer, only because you taste so good.” I shivered licking my lips still having blood on my face.

“Hmm. I do believe that is the first time that has been said - about my blood, at least. Well then. While we wait for my body to replenish itself - I do believe there are some animals nearby that might sate other hungers.” He took a few steps away from me, and - where did that sharp spike of metal come from? He rolled it across his fingers like others would a pencil, then tapped it to his mask. “A cock, perhaps?” There was a lengthy pause. “Chicken does sound good, does it not?”

I choked, bit down on my lower lip trying not to laugh, I was failing. It spilled from me like liquid shooting from a pressurized canister. I doubled over, clenching my stomach. Does he honestly not realize what he is doing, he has to! “Chicken…” I giggled again, Gods I was acting like a- well a virgin. I nodded in agreement, the hunt will calm my urges for now. I closed my eyes from a moment listening to the things around me. The forest was buzzing with life, it took me a moment but I found what I was looking for.

I grinned, rolling my shoulders and glancing over at the Hunter. “Ready to find your, cock?” I winked, two could play this game. He tilted his head back, and quite deliberately looked down.

“Hmm. That is one found. Now, you found something we can actually eat?” Alright he knew exactly what he was doing. And he was doing it in that same cool, slightly curious tone of voice. Then he tossed the spike up and my eyes followed it upwards - and he caught it between his fingertips. “If so, lead the way, dhampir girl.”

“My name is Kara,” I rolled my eyes at his nickname he had given me. I took another deep breath and took off sprinting. As I picked up speed I jumped up catching a tree branch, using my body weight I swung up, flipping to another branch. With each flip to the next branch I covered more distance. The wind in my hair was calming, it reminded me of how I used to tumble all over my childhood home.

We were getting close as I let go of the next branch I plummeted to the ground. I tucked and rolled landing with a swishing of the leaves. I looked back to see where the Hunter was. Which was - right behind me, easily keeping pace. Though he did look a bit odd, as he was still on a tree branch, crouched down with his legs spread a bit, his coat dangling down off the other side of the branch. Metal gleamed against gloved fingers, as he slowly looked around.

“Near, then.” His voice had shifted, lost the curiosity, and was instead blank and calm once more. Damn.

I nodded toward the direction, “wild cocks, right this way.” I moved slowly towards the opening. It looked like a meadow almost, the sound of clucking echoed softly. I smiled pleased with myself, he asked and I delivered. There was a faint clink, then a near silent sound of something rushing past me - and my eyes caught three flashes of metal in the fading sunlight. The wild roosters let out loud cries as three of them suddenly collapsed.

“Show off,” I rolled my eyes walking into the clearing and collecting the three fallen chickens. I pulled out the weapons tossing them on the ground before glaring at him. “You know it would have been less messy had you let me just snap their necks. Now their feathers are going to stick to them when I clean them.” I huffed, shaking my head.
    Last edited by realize.real.lies.; 01-18-2018 at 11:08 PM.