PDA

View Full Version : An Outfit for the Dark

Mathias
12-13-07, 05:02 PM
Mathias walked into Flannigan's Tales, Tails, and Tailoring, a small shop on the corner of Bazaar Street in Scara Brae. He yawned loudly to announce his presence and walked up to the counter. He rang the service bell. He rang it again. And then again about three more times. By the time the merchant came to his assistance, he'd started a beat and was ringing out a song. When he saw the elderly man, whom he could only assume to be Flannigan, staring at him, he cleared his throat and stood at attention.

"Yo. Uh. I want, uhm... lemme see here. A pair of black pants and a black sash, and then black leather boots with black fur padding the bottoms of them. Like, so they're silent and stuff. Aaand, I want them tailored to the best material I can make them out of for... 211 freshly minted Coronian Crowns. Definitely not counterfeit, you can trust me on that. Good coins, I'm telling you. Good coins. So what'd'ya say, Flannigan...?"

Then, after a moment's hesitation. "You are Flannigan, right?"

AdventWings
12-14-07, 12:38 PM
"Well, young sir..." The merchant began with a slight cough in his reply. "I am Flannigan's younger brother, Holbert."

The elderly man cupped his mouth as another cough shook his form before settling down to a calm, composed poise. With one hand, he wrote down the descriptions of the customer's needed ware while the other pulled out a small set of beads set into wooden rods.

"For about two hundred Coronian Crowns, I believe what you are looking for would be leather. If you would allow me, please follow me to the fitting room."

The merchant slowly ushered Mathias towards the inside of the store where rows of leather garbs lined the walls. He had worked for a long time and knew that any customer would like to choose their own clothes than have it chosen for them.

Mathias
12-15-07, 06:51 AM
"Uh-huh... I don't have to like, get naked or anything, right? 'Cuz uh... I ain't like that," Mathias said, with what sounded like genuine concern, as he was ushered into the fitting room. He looked over Holbert and frowned.

He started looking over the armors lining the wall, as well as the ones being donned by somewhat unrealistic-looking mannequins. As he was browsing, he asked Holbert, "Add a vest in there, too. I want a vest, now, as well. So... what's the best kind of leather I can buy for my budget range?"

AdventWings
12-16-07, 07:05 AM
The tailor remained obediently silent and merely shook his head as a response. Why on Althanas the customer said those words, Holbert did not understand but kept quiet lest he aggravate the youth. Instead, he slowly walked over to the racks of leather jackets, pants and vests and casually browsed through them, checking the quality of his wares and their designs.

"...Yes, I believe this is what you are looking for." Holbert cooly responded as he returned to a small counter in front of a row of black curtains, each one concealing the individual rooms behind them.

"The racks over there should be within your price range, sir. Most of the pants and vests there have prices ranging from sixty-five to seventy-five Crowns. The nearby rack also has some leather sash you might like, prices between twenty and twenty-five Crowns. If you want to look at the boots, we can go back out front and look at them afterwards."

Mathias
12-16-07, 04:56 PM
After roughly five minutes of impatient looking, Math had gathered up what he'd desired - a pair of black pants padded with dyed leather, and a black vest. They wouldn't be stopping daggers any time soon, but they'd serve their purpose. He folded them up and tucked them under his arm, moving back out into the main browsing area of the shop.

He looked around the racks with rows of boots, examining each one carefully. He found a sturdy pair of knee high, black boots, laced up the shins. With everything in order, he took everything over to the counter and set it there, and waited to be rung up. He took out a pouch of jingling coins, prepared to hand over the crowns that he'd be charged. He smiled and said, "Thanks, uhm. Holly... Hollibum, was it? Yeah... uh. Thanks, mate."

AdventWings
12-17-07, 06:45 AM
The old man rolled his eyes slightly, wondering why the kid simply did not try them on first before buying the clothes. If the articles did not fit, it would not be of Holbert's fault.

Treading slowly from the fitting room counter, the tailor returned to the front counter and looked over the items laid out to be counted. Taking up his set of beads on a rack of sticks, his surprisingly nimbled fingers made clacking noises on the ancient calculator before looking up to his customer.

"That'll be a total of one hundred and seventy five Crowns, young sir." Holbert announced, not bothering with the individual prices. Besides, he figured that the customer would ask about it himself if he wanted to know about the individual items.

Mathias
12-17-07, 09:14 AM
Mathias took out several thrones, a coin that counted for twenty five crowns a piece. He placed the appropriate amount on the counter and then placed his clothes in his knapsack. He flashed a big smile at Holbert, and then left the shop, fading into the packed streets of the Bazaar.

The vandal grinned to himself as his mischeivous plan formulated into his head. "I am definitely going to tag this guy's wall tonight."

AdventWings
12-17-07, 10:35 PM
Even as Holbert put away the Thrones into a safe deposit box after the young customer left, an uneasy feeling swept over him. Looking out the door, he could see Mathias smiling mischievously to himself.

With a slight chill of anticipation in his creaky old bones, the aged tailor decided he might need to hire a few of the Regulars to stay on watch after nightfall. I was definitely going to cost an extra handful of Crowns, but the old man rather not have his shop raided in the middle of the night.

((Transaction Complete!

Mathias loses 175 GP and receives the following items:

- Average-quality black dyed leather pants. Not the latest of Radasanthian fashion, but still fashionable for travelers nonetheless.
- Rather durable, if plain-looking black leather vest.
- Knee-high leather boots with felt-lined soles. Good for sneaking, but rather hard to keep clean.
- 100 EXP for fun IC interactions.

Please come again~))