PDA

View Full Version : House of Sora Mission: The Crystalline Plantation (Closed)

streak101
12-19-07, 08:02 PM
"They treat them wrongly, and they must be dealt with!" The words of Seti Dylan still echoed in Banda's mind, "I want the head's of the men behind this by the end of the week!" The leader of the House of Sora had said this was a great importance, and if he even wants someone dead, that means that peace had already been offered and refused many times. The end of the week by the time I got there huh? Seven days then...Let's hope I can get to the damn place by then! Banda tugged on the heavy hides that he was wrapped in, nearly stumbling over for what seemed like the fiftieth time," Come now Nimbus don't tell me these are too heavy for you." Banda glared at the old man like an angry child at his parent.

He stiffly bent over to brush the snow but gave up and shook around like a dog. The hides were a change to Banda's weight. His light feet became cinderblocks in the snow, and the freezing cold around them slowed his thinking process. Banda began to think that Torrence had given him faulty leathers, "S-shut up y-you old f-fart!" The old man laughed, "L-least my name i-isn't T-Torrence!" Banda stumbled over again and sheepishly picked himself up with snow covering his face.

The old man turned around, he had already been conditioned to the thick heavy hides, and the beyond blistering colds, a long white beard and mustache descended down from his face onto his chest like a stoking, "Ah, good one, perhaps next time you can call me a big meanie?" He laughed as if he were twenty years younger, "I say, your actually very entertaining to be around with boy."

Banda sighed, he knew Salvar was cold but this felt like as though death was lingering around him, waiting for him to finally fall over for the last time; he had no idea how the natives had been able to do it all these years. He shouldn't have taken the mission, this country was to new to Banda, he didn't even know where they were going. These people were in deep need of help, and Banda couldn't refuse it. He sighed again, sometimes he got carried away with things.

Banda looked up at Torrence, he was old enough to be his grandpa and yet he carried the hides around like play things, "Torrence, can you explain why these people of the Church are doing this to your people?" The old man spit on the ground.

"Well, technically, they are a seperate sect of the Church. They've been trying to cease their malicious actions, but they've failed every time. The Church is caught up with the civil war here in Salvar, and has focused all its man power to it. Nevertheless, they have corrupted the teachings, there are even rumors that say they worship N'Jal, and they must be dealt with. We needed help and I was already not long for the world anyways, so I volunteered to find it. The Church does not forget about the ones in need and managed to create a portal that would take me to the House of Sora's leader, Seti Dylan." Torrence laughed again, "But we were a little off mark and I found myself at his parent's home. Seti heard our story though and accepted to help us eliminate this sect and give us better provisions, if we in turn work for the House," he spit on the ground, "And then he sent for you, and asked a messenger to deliver a letter to another fellow, I forget his name...I believe it began with an A or D," he smirked, "But I did not think I would have the help of someone so scrawny and unfamiliar to the cold as you!" Banda didn't have enough heat going through his body to make facial expressions, "This is your first time here is it not Nimbus?" Banda looked up and nodded shyly.

"Torrence, about the other contact, where are we meeting him?" The old man was several feet away, "Somewhere away from prying eyes Nimbus...Can you quicken the pace my boy? You are awfully slow for a youngster..." They trodded through the snows of Salvar, Banda still had no idea where they were going, but made (with a major effort) a mental note to travel the continent before he was gone.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
12-20-07, 02:27 PM
Coming off the recent job, (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=95875#post95875) Alberdyne Cormyr was already used to how Salvar functioned. After all, the man learned quickly and was a leader of one of the most influential Power Groups on Althanas, the House of Sora. Dyne took a hot cup of cocoa to his lips seeing the vapors flow from the substance. The House of Sora was mobilized. The bar in Knife's Edge became a trafficking despot for information and information gathering. The parcel from Seti Dylan was received approximately two days earlier. He was waiting at the rendezvous point for Banda "Nimbus" Utako. A fellow member of the House of Sora.

Dyne was looking at the letter for the millionth time. Even though he'd memorized it completely, he was still trying to decipher some of the specific language that Seti was using. Breakfast was laid out before him. Salvarn cooking had a particular spice and flavor to it. It was a change of pace from the usual meals cooked up in Underwood's Peaceful Promenade. The chefs there were fantastic, but this food was amazing! Dyne ate like a king after he became a locale hero of the people during his recent most job.

Dyne stood up for the people against a corrupt nobleman and his family of twisted aristocrats. They were corrupted by the power that being a nobleman could offer and thusly, became enemies of the very same people that they were sworn to protect. Dyne was glad that he was the Patriarch of House of Sora's military wing. Studying the letter, the wording of the text was critical to Dyne. He took several bites of the platter before him, rather enjoying the texture of the strange meats and dairy products that were before him on his plate. Everything was kept hot with a touch of Salvarn magicks.

Dyne immediately developed a respect for the people living in the cold winter lands. They reminded him of the House of Sora. Strong, forthright, but honest and true. Ready to defend their causes against whatever threat arose. The code of the Corone Rangers and the House of Sora became an integral part of the man's philosophy on life. Before, he was merely a student of philosophy. Now though, he was a philosopher himself. The hot cocoa tasted good against his lips and reminded him of his innocent youth living on his Father's property.

He remembered the past and thought about it with a certain level of fondness. "Master Cormyr. Torrence has arrived with the Otako fellow that the House of Sora sent for. They are waiting outside. Shall I sent them for them?" Dyne looked up at the red headed Salvarn girl. She was a beauty, he could see himself marrying a girl like that. Smiling sincerely at the girl, he nodded. As a member of the House of Sora, he'd earned himself a great amount of influence with the local populace. The poor knew they could rely on the House of Sora. "Send for them immediately." Dyne said and waited.

The time to begin on this latest venture was nigh. He continued to eat, drink and observe the letter before him. All right Seti. Now we're openly acting against the Cathedral. What is the catch? There's always a catch. Why send for Lodge Bladestorm when you could've used anybody else? You obviously wanted someone you could trust Seti. I'm trying to stay a step ahead of you in these things. So tell me. What secrets do your letters reveal? He continued to observe the letter in silence, waiting for Banda and Torrence to arrive. He'd worked with Banda in a recent mission. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=95888#post95888) But that seemed like a lifetime ago.

streak101
12-22-07, 11:43 PM
"Dyne will see you now." Banda's spirit perked up when he heard his companions name, at least now he wouldn't feel so out of place. The girl led them through the tavern, "Keep your guard up Nimbus, we are not easy to succumb to alchohol but there are times when we have a bit too much." Torrence spoke to him over his shoulder, pointing at the couple of men laughing abnormally in one corner of the bar.

Banda laughed to himself, digging his face into his heavy leathers to hide the smile, "Here we are Torrence, Mr.Utako," The girl curtseyed, "Would you like anything?" Banda sighed in relief. He could use a nice hot drink after walking that far in the snow wearing the hides. Just as he was about to speak up though, Torrence interrupted him, "No thank you madam." The mercenary stared at the old man in annoyance. Torrence shook his head, "By the time I am done with you, you will become conditioned to this snow in no time!"

Banda ignored Torrence and turned to Dyne, the man looked as he did when they first met, only he was wearing the hides as well. Banda patted Dyne on the shoulder, "How've ya been?" Banda beamed, seeing an old friend really helped his moods.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
12-23-07, 05:13 PM
Putting down the cup of hot cocoa, Dyne motioned for the two to be seated at the empty seats before him. Truthfully, Dyne was worn out and tired. His recently rise through the House of Sora ranks into the position of a Patriarch rested heavily on his heart. It was hard to get used to the idea of being the head of Lodge Bladestorm, but the apprentice blacksmith managed. Waiting for them to sit, he let the question linger in the air for a moment. He smiled when he saw his friend Banda, the lad had proven himself a capable warrior.

He could follow orders to the tee, as well as give them to other units effectively. Dyne noticed these qualities in the rogue and admired them. He'd also proven himself to be a good friend. Looking at his reflection in the cocoa for a moment Dyne observed the shadowy rings underneath his eyes.

He felt a lot older than he actually was. Age crept up beneath him but at the same time he looked incredibly young. He was a handsome man, capable of charming girls no problem. Yet, that's not what the Aristocrat wanted out of life for himself. He wanted to secure his place in the world. He wanted the story of the Cormyr household to be told for generations to come. Thinking like his Father now, he understood what he wanted for himself.

He wanted to create a world where Nobles and the common folk lived in perfect harmony with themselves and the land. He was a pacifist after all, but he was no fool. He would kill in self defense if the need arose. As he waited for his companions to sit, he nodded to both Torrence and Banda.

"It's good to see you again Sir Cormyr."

"Aye." Dyne said calmly as a response. Torrence sat down and kept his eyes locked on the young leader. Dyne took a pull of the cocoa for a long moment and then prepared himself for the task at hand. "Do you have the intelligence report from the defectors?" Dyne asked simply. The question was directed towards Torrence. "I have it right here." He pulled out a small brief case and placed it with a thud on the table. The case was hidden in his thick hides. "It was difficult procuring information from St. Denebriel's spies but I managed to gleam quite a bit. It seems that Justice Lev Testhan was eager to get rid of this problem."

"So that's where the House of Sora comes in." Dyne opened the brief case and started to rummage through the documentation. He quickly memorized everything that he saw. After all, Dyne was a quick study and had always been able to visualize things in a vast mental library. He observed the documentation about the Sect they were hired to bring down. There were specs on file about weapon information, armor data and other important information. It seemed that these brigands were spellblades.

"Correct Sir Cormyr. You've been hired by the Cathedral to take down these brigands. They've defected from the Church."

"What about that rumor I've been hearing?"

"Which one?"

"N'Jal is involved."

"I'm afraid that's a rumor we haven't been able to verify Sir Cormyr." The Salvarn replied. Dyne nodded. "All right. You know how much we're going to charge the Church. Our pay rate at the House of Sora is standard. We expect to be well paid for our services rendered. There needs to be a basic funding for humanitarian services after all." Seti's words coming out of my mouth.

"I understand. You will be paid two grand a head. We have the hedge fund already in place. The Cathedral has procured enough resources for this mission to go underway."

"They have a lot of enchanted equipment. This might prove to be a problem. What do you think Banda?"

streak101
12-23-07, 06:37 PM
Banda looked up dizzily at Dyne, "Eh? Oh," His mind was still half-frozen when his comrade asked the question. He shook his head and began setting his mind to work, perhaps a bit of mental exercise would help, "Er well, if they have enchanted weapons, perhaps we should bring along something that could help us against them?" He smacked his forehead, Wake up damn you!

"Sorry, what I meant to say was, if they have enchanted weapons, we have to expect almost anything. There are a lot of different enchantments out there, and there are many enchantments that can counter those." Banda reached for the House of Sora heirloom, the long chain "Do you know anyone thats capable of enchanting weapons Torrence?" The old man stretched, he seemed bored.

"I know of one man, he works for the Church, his name is Renald. He's a very skilled enchanter, most likely he enchanted the weapons of the men we'll be facing. He usually charges a fee, but after making the mistake of aiding an enemy, I am absolutely certain that there will be no charge. He lives by himself in a cabin not to far from my camp, we can visit him if you'd like." He returned to his previous posture after yawning loudly.

Banda turned to Dyne, "What do you think? I say we pay him a visit and get our weapons enchanted before we free the camp. If our weapons are somewhat on the same level as theirs, we'll have an easier mission with less risk of dying." Banda said it without hesitation. The thought of death would have been frightening to some, but technically Banda had already died once in the Citadel. He found it somewhat amusing to think of it like this, "Sound good to you?"

Alberdyne_Cormyr
12-23-07, 09:44 PM
Dyne rubbed his hand against his chin. His face was impeccably clean shaved.

His eyes narrowed for a moment as he considered the possibility of a side trip to assist with their mission. The logic and reasoning was sound. Dyne thought of his own plynt sword and closed his eyes after a moment. He was thinking quite carefully about the job at hand. He casually weighed risks versus rewards and other matters. A solid five minutes passed and Dyne remained in a state of deep contemplation.

Suddenly, he opened his eyes when he reached a logical solution. Looking at Torrence and then at Banda, the leader of Lodge Bladestorm spoke. "We will go visit Renald. Any advantage we can give ourselves will assist us during the journey ahead. Well then. Let us finish our meal. Waitress!" Dyne called out and she immediately returned. Bubbly smile and all. "How can I help you Sir Cormyr?"

"Give my friends here whatever they'd like to eat. On me."

Torrence coughed sheepishly. "A free meal aye? Why not. You hear that Banda? Your friend here is quite the friendly guy. Har har!" He laughed heartily and sent a large, powerful hand in an attempt to slap Banda's back in a friendly gesture. Dyne continued to eat his meal in silence. His eyes once again narrowed in deep thought. He ran his hand through his lengthy hair after a moment. Then, he continued to eat his meal. "With that out of the way we'll start this job immediately. Don't forget to get a drink as well Banda. You'll need to stay warm."

streak101
01-02-08, 06:11 PM
Banda clapped his hands together, "Well in that case!" He licked his lips, "I'll have the biggest sirloin steak you have, and about three glasses of the cheapest ale you have served warm!" The grin on his face was enough to make a stoic man laugh. The waitress took their orders and walked off to deliver it to the chef. Banda looked towards Dyne and laughed, "Hey, you did say it was all on you!"

When she came back with the food, Banda tore the steak apart in large chunks, and ate each piece slowly and savoringly, "Oh my god! Thish ish delicioush!" Banda said through a mouthful of sirloin. He finished the steak when the drinks had come. Banda shrugged to himself when he realized that they should have been delivered before the meal. He picked up one of his glasses and chugged the warm liquid down his throat. He took the second one and drank it slowly, and with the third he did a mixture of both drinking styles.

Torrence rubbed his forehead, "You eat like an animal, didn't anyone ever teach you manners?" Banda let out a large belch and shook his head, the soldiers in the militia were even worse than him and he only had vague memories of his mother teaching him how to eat.

The old man had finished eating and stood up, "It's about time we continue to Renald's home. It shouldn't be hard to find, his cabin is isolated in the snow," He looked towards Banda, "Are you ready light foot?" The mercenary looked up at him. So now I have nickname? Banda nodded, "How about you Dyne?"

Alberdyne_Cormyr
01-05-08, 02:22 PM
Finished eating his meal, Dyne nodded towards Banda and Torrence. Taking a long pull of the juice in his goblet, the philosopher listened to the scene at hand for a moment. He heard various people talking about the matters of the day.

Some were discussing the matters of the Civil War. Others were talking about work of various types. In the corner, a group of Soldiers for the Empire discussed matters of the Empire in secrecy. They were too far away for Dyne to eavesdrop effectively. But his gut instinct told him that they were probably up to no good. In another corner of the bar, men in suits kept gazing at the philosopher for a long moment. The stare brought an uncomfortable chill up and down the psionic's spine. He turned away from the staring agents. His stomach felt warm with food and drink. Patting his belly several times, the philosopher was prepared to do business. Looking at Banda for a long moment, Dyne smiled a casual smile.

He was starting to realize that he was growing to admire the youth's skills as a warrior. Dyne could teach Banda quite a bit about fighting, and he could also learn a lot from Banda. The youth fought with a strange fighting style that he was growing to analyze quite effectively. It was all flash. Lots of acrobatics were involved as well. He remembered their other House of Sora mission. They were asked to attend to the matters of a fiefdom formerly owned by a man named Myers. The fiefdom was in a state of disrepair and overrun by the Syndicate. Dyne thought about that time casually and let his thoughts reflect upon the situation at hand. There were similarities. Now he was forced to deal with Salvar once more. He realized now that the country of the North would become part of his destiny.

Waiting for Banda and Torrence to finish eating, the philosopher kept a smile on his face.

"We go when you finish eating. We'll make the side stop to get our equipment enchanted and work it from there." Dyne rubbed his enchanted ring once to emphasize that he was impatient to get underway, but was waiting for his friend to finish eating. They would need all their strength for the job ahead.

streak101
01-10-08, 02:23 PM
"Okay! I'm ready! Are you Torrence?" Banda burped loudly, disturbing many a customer in the tavern. Embarassed, Torrence nodded discretly, "Alright, after you then!" The food had energized him a great deal, he even thought the hides felt lighter on his shoulders. Banda allowed Torrence to leave the table first and followed after with Dyne behind them.

They left the tavern and out into the cold, it was snowing again outside. Banda looked at the scenery around them, to him it was all unfamiliar and new. The cold winds nipped at his face, "Which way to we go old man?" Torrence pointed in the direction, his eyes squinting through the snow. Banda nodded, "That way we go!"

They trudged onward with Banda and Dyne at the rear. Banda thought about all the things he could enchant, and what kind of things he could enchant them with. He snickered, "Hehe! This will be great! I know its for the mission but I think I know what to enchant and what to enchant it with!" He looked over to Dyne, "What about you? No doubt you have something planned."

Alberdyne_Cormyr
01-14-08, 11:09 PM
Having paid for their meal, Dyne followed Torrence and Banda outside and into the cold. Feeling his boots crunching the tightly packed s now covering the ground of Knife's Edge's streets. Hearing the sound his boots made made Dyne realize that any opportunity for stealth would immediately be a dead notion.

This annoyed the psionic a bit. A fresh layer of snow was settling on the carpet that already existed. Dyne looked around, keeping his eyes locked upon the area around him. With the blanket of snowfall flowing everywhere, it became slightly difficult to see accurately with the visibility dropping. If they got lost, it would be a serious problem. Dyne tried to memorize the path through Knife's Edge that they were taking. It was a big city after all, and strangely reminded Dyne of Radasanth covered in a layer of the winter substance. Banda spoke and seemed excited about their odds and the situation at hand. Dyne nodded casually to him with a soft smile on his face. The thick hides around his person were heavy upon his bulky, muscular person. He didn't like wearing the hides but knew they were a necessity to ward off the cold. Dyne let his companion's questions linger for a moment as he stretched out his covered arm, gloves and all, and captured some of the falling snow in his hand. He looked at the flake for a long moment and crushed them in his hand letting ideas float into his thoughts.

He turned his attention back towards Banda. He could feel moisture touching his gloves a bit as he felt the liquid from the crushed flakes slowly penetrate the thick hide gloves he wore as part of his Winter's ensemble. All of his clothing were expensive, rich hides, and warm Vlince underneath that. "I have a few ideas." Dyne responded simply, rubbing the single ring he wore on his left hand. He could feel its power flowing even through the gloves he wore. Feeling the weight of the ring for a moment made his hand a little bit heavier as it throbbed with archaic energies. He turned his eyes upon the position of the ring and studied the object's location, hidden beneath the glove, for a long moment. After that, he addressed Banda again.

"We'll have to be careful here Banda. We're outsiders. Though there are quite a few like Torrence, the majority of Salvar isn't friendly towards outsiders. I've already learned that lesson harshly in my stay here. We must be cautious my friend. These Salvarns are tough."

And with that, the party continued walking. Dyne followed behind Torrence and knew that Banda would follow him as well. They walked for a time taking back alleys and side streets until they finally reached a certain district of Knfie's Edge. One of its many side streets was decored with a solitary alleyway going off into a shadowy corner. Torrence lead them into that alleyway. Dyne hesitated going into the alley for a moment, having a bad feeling in his gut. Deciding that he was the one in charged of the excursion, the leader of lodge bladestorm made his way into the alleyway and hoped that his companion would follow closely behind. Here, snow drifted in from the tops of the openings in between various rows of buildings. Dyne could see the sides of several worn old buildings. Clothing lines hung from open windows and the psionic wondered how people at the higher floors of these buildings could tolerate such closeness to the cold. Dyne followed Torrence, who in turn, walked towards the very end of the alley.

Dyne saw a bunch of dumpsters filled with ancient garbage. Cats and stray dogs fought for territory within the alleyway. There was a rank smell of urine and other human waist. Dyne broke a syringe with his heavy boots and cringed at the thought of what the needle's contents must've been. He heard and felt people moving within the alley. Some cardboard boxes were erected out of junk materials in a vain attempt to keep warm. There were shady denizens within the boxes. Dyne kept his eyes everywhere at once to avoid stepping on people hidden within the trash.

Torrence made his way towards an individual hidden within the alleyway, apparently the Enchanter they were looking for. Dyne made his best effort to keep up with Torrance and the older man finally stopped. He wore a serious expression on his face. "Lack'Ta un sara vistu!" The Salvarn suddenly said out loud and a surge of power suddenly burst around him. One of the walls suddenly glowed with an archaic green glow. Dyne felt a pain in his forehead and touched it silently as he watched the mysterious play unfolding before him now. The walls slid apart with a loud sound as if they were doors and sat still finally, with a crash. An opening in the stone wall was revealed that was large enough to fit one of them at a time. Torrence went into the newly revealed chamber and motioned for Dyne to follow. He did so. Dyne signaled for Banda that it was okay to enter...or so he hoped.

streak101
01-30-08, 10:04 PM
Banda would have been sweating if it had not been so cold. Torrence and Dyne walked across the passage quickly and without making a sound. Banda squeezed himself into the opening, he couldn't so much as spread his elbows out. As he passed through the entrance the wall followed him, sealing off the hallway as Banda ventured through. Some crazy designs they have here. With this thought Banda caught up with Dyne. Torrence and the old man were far ahead as though they knew where they were going.

"Have you seen this? Must be some sort of enchantment!" Banda said in awe. "Isn't Seti an architect himself? Maybe we should bring back some information about this back to him." Banda nodded to himself, Seti would probably be interested in foreign designs. They caught up with Torrence and the Salvarn at the end of the long hallway which led into a small home. At least Banda thought it was a dwelling of some sort, the ceiling over their heads made it seem so, "Where are we?" He said out of curiosity.

"You are in my home, Outsider." The old salvarn said, "Why Torrence insists your help is needed I do not know." Banda nervously twidled his thumbs, Torrence didn't scare him at all but this man who was most likely even older than him caused a surge of tension to rise from deep within Banda. The mercenary's attempt to not show this tension in his face obviously failed from the look the man gave him. "Foolish outlanders and their weak minds. I told you it would have been a bad idea to look for their help!"

Torrence shot a quick glance to the salvarn and then to Banda, "To not worry, light foot. Remember, he is an enchanter, his voice has already been enchanted many times over in order to get what he wants." Torrence casually looked over to the salvarn again. "Such as scaring away strangers and picking up women. How many times has it been now, Renald?"

The enchanter spoke again, although this time his voice lacked the tension inducing factor. "This one makes it seventy-five times I've done it." A small fragment of a smile formed on his face. "You outlanders are so easy to intimidate it is as though your mother has been holding your hand up until you got here, but onto business, what can I do for you Torrence?"

Torrence grinned, "We need you to enchant our weapons Renald, and free of charge. You will do it of course, or do I need to remind you the mistake you made that brought these outsiders into our lands?" He waved a hand towards Dyne and Banda, "I know you enchanted the enemies weapons Renald, and in order to remove them from power, you must do the same for us." He spoke with such persuasion Banda thought his voice might have been enhanced.

Renald glanced around nervously, it seemed that Torrence forgot to mention to Banda that Renald had no idea someone else knew. A mixture of rage, hatred, shame, and agony formed on the enchanter's face. "Very well, Torrence, but I cannot give it away! I will decide the payment after I know what I will be enchanting and for what." Torrence glared at Renald, the enchanter did not move, "The most I can do is give you a discount."

Torrence nodded and signaled Banda over, "This is Nimbus, member of the House of Sora, a very honest and frankly blunt personality I cannot describe how he fights because I have not seen him do so, but I can assure you that the House has no slouches in their organization." Banda nodded reassuringly at the enchanter.

The mercenary unlinked the House of Sora chain from his boomerang sling and handed it to Renald, "This chain is given to all House members upon entry and apparently easily enchantable." Banda recalled his first encounter with Syndicate members the time he met Dyne. "Can you enchant this with a strength sapper? You know, so that my enemies aren't so tough when I fight 'em!"

Renald shook his head, "I am afraid I do not know such an enchantment, but I can give you something else, it is called a parity enchantment. This enchantments removes all enchantments from any weapon that clashes with your own. Hand me your sword instead, Banda." The mercenary grudgingly put away the chain and handed his claymore to Renald, "I will enchant this with the Parity enchantment, the total cost will be four-hundred gold." Banda cringed, he held out both his hands and balanced them like a scale. Money or my life. Money or my life... Banda agreed to the transaction. Renald returned the nod. "What about the other man?"

Alberdyne_Cormyr
02-02-08, 01:07 AM
Torrence; Renald, and lastly Banda were not the focus of Dyne's attentions. As words were spoken by Renald's ancient lips; the young psionic's eyes were averted to the Phantoms in the room. To Dyne's eyes; the place was ripe with spiritual energy. Green residue flowed all over the room with crackling power of the supernatural forces latent within it. The stands of hair on the back of Dyne's neck stood on end. Staring at the phantoms in their various states of decay; Dyne studied them as they moved about the large chamber. They were in a well decorated room with many large enchanted candles.

Wicks provided the light that flickered around the chamber and added its glow to the supernatural realm.

Dyne saw the phantoms moving about eternally as they went about their business. Then; one of the phantoms approached Dyne. It was a man in his early thirties and dressed like a warrior. He seemed to be a Salvarn of some local militia or another. The intricate designs of the armor made Dyne think that the man was a member of the King's guard in life. King Iorlan Rahaxea.

"Hey kid. I heard about your kind before; most people simply ignore the dead but a few of you can see us. I have a favor to ask of you lad." The Phantom spoke and only Dyne could hear the words of the phantom. Dyne blinked several times and kept his gaze locked upon the phantom. "Well what is it? I'm kind of in the middle of something important." Dyne replied; and to others, it would seem as though the apprentice were talking to himself. He suddenly realized that he was rude to the phantom. "I apologize; I didn't mean to quip at you like that."

"It's all right. I'm used to such reactions from mediums."

"Well what do you need?"

"It's about Renald. He needs help from outlanders but won't admit it because of foolish stubborn pride."

"What do you need me to do?"

"There is an object that was stolen from this place. It is an object of great power that fell into the hands of those that you are undoubtedly after. They were once a proud elite faction of the St. Denebriel's Cathedral. But something happened and their hearts were swayed to the darkness. They were sent here by a great evil to retrieve an object. This object must be taken back. The fate of Salvar and all the world of Althanas rests in this matter should the sect retain control of the object."

"What is the object called?"

"The Styx of Jomil. She is one a Thayne of the Wild lands of Berevar. Perhaps you've heard of the Thayne?"

"I know a little about them."

"Find the Styx of Jomil; The Huntress." With that; the phantom faded off into the crowd of Phantoms. Dyne looked upon the group of gathered ghosts for a moment longer when he blinked several times and heard the discussion of enchantments going on between the ancient enchanter and Banda. Dyne blinked a few times when he felt a mental penetration occurring. A presence flowed into the back of his mind and began to whisper thoughts. Take your friend and get out of here. You are not welcome here outlander. Dyne felt an overwhelming urge to do as he was told; but something happened.

The psionic was able to resit the urge and stared at Renald right in his twinkling, glowing eyes. Closing his eyes; Dyne concentrated on the intruding thoughts. The apprentice would not back down from any challenge; especially not another psionic. I do not think so coward. The House of Sora has been sent here on a diplomatic mission to save Salvar. Your concerns are not the concerns of the House of Sora. The youth said in his thoughts; challenging the dominance of the other psionic. Suddenly; Renald's eyes went wide with fear as he stared Dyne right in his green eyes. "Y-you! Curse you! How could an outsider like you possess the gift!?" Renald was furious now. He stood up. "Out with you all; now!" Torrence looked at Renald. "You haven't enchanted our gear yet!"

There was shouting now. Dyne felt the decibel levels increasing. "Shut up! All of you! You're making too much damned noise!" Dyne grabbed his head and fell down to one knee. Torrence shot a glance at the youth and placed a hand upon Dyne's shoulder. "Are you all right Sir Cormyr?" Renald glared at the insolent young man. "Tch. This is the last time I help you Torrence. You bring meddlesome outsiders into our affairs; the cooking pot will burn you back make no mistake. This is the end of our friendship Torrence. I never want to see you at my place again after this."

"What!? How dare you Renald."

"My words are final Torrence. Do not bring these outsiders in my presence again. They smell of Corone."

"Banda get your enchantment so we can get out of here." Dyne ordered.

"What about you Sir Cormyr?"

"I don't need the skills of swine." Dyne replied. And he could feel the hateful eyes of Renald upon his person.

So much for diplomatic solutions. Somewhere in the back of his head; Dyne could hear Seti laughing at him.

streak101
02-10-08, 12:53 AM
Banda stared at his companion, what was this 'gift' and why did Renald have an outburst like that? Banda looked to the enchanter and back to Dyne. What ticked Banda off even more was the prejudice in Renald's voice when he spoke of his heritage. Banda gritted his teeth with such vigor that one would look they were bending under the pressure. He stared at the enchanter with a fierce, proud look in his eyes. "So, that is what we are to you is that it?" He said aggressively. "Outsiders? Strangers? We come from far away, to help you! To free your people, and you treat us like scum?" Banda's emotions had got the better of him. "Old bastard!"

He grabbed Renald by the collar. "Lightfoot, control your temper!" Torrence called out to Banda but the mercenary was too absorbed in anger. Banda continued to speak to Renald, looking into his eyes, the enchanter seemed a bit frightened. "What if we didn't help you? What if we just got up and left? Who would save you then? No one, the people you care about would perish and so would you! Stubborn fool!" Banda threw Renald to the floor. "You can have all the enchantments you want, change yourself in any aspect, you will still have the same prejudice opinion of others and they will look down upon you!"

Banda took his chain back, "We come here because you assisted your enemy, and I for one am proud of hailing from Corone! So do not speak to your friend with such disdain for bringing us outsiders here, this was your doing!" He spit on Renald. "Let's go Dyne." Banda looked to Torrence. "I'm sorry about your friend's decision, but I don't want any help from a senile old man." Banda looked towards Renald, "Open the damn hallway!" Slightly shaken up Renald opened the narrow hallway. Banda stormed out in rage.

Once they had reached the other side, Torrence grabbed Banda by the shoulder, "Lightfoot, relax." The mercenary stomped his foot on the ground and took a deep sigh. Torrence patted Banda's shoulder. "I understand your anger but why did you not accept the enchantment? It seems as though we wasted our time." Banda looked the other way in contemplation.

"I can never accept something from someone with that kind of attitude. How can someone treat their saviors with disdain? It frustrates me that even during times of need people can be so cold to each other." He lowered his head. "Besides, I don't think that visit was wasted. Aren't I right, Dyne?" Banda looked to his friend. "Dyne found out something important back there, a little...dragon told me." Banda grinned, he had thought that Saffron had lost all contact with him. Nice to have you back.

The dragon's spirit spoke to him through his mind. Back? I was never gone.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
02-13-08, 04:09 PM
Regaining his composure after the loud shouting match; Dyne was grateful to be outside once more. He ran his hand through his hair as he felt the migraine headache pounding in his skull. With the noise level calming down significantly Dyne looked from Torrence over to Banda. The youth shook his head a bit as if he was trying to refocus his thoughts on the situation again. Get it together Dyne. You're the acting leader here. Dyne smacked his forehead casually to help himself regain his composure. Then; Banda addressed Dyne with a casual remark. The remark itself made the apprentice blink several times. What exactly was going on here? He thought to himself and took on a slightly embarrassed position. "Ahem. Well yeah. I found out something really important to our mission. Don't ask me how cause I can't really explain it. It's just part of who I am."

"Strange explanation but what did you find out?"

"We are after an object called the Styx of Jomil The Huntress. She is one of the Thayne." Dyne said confidently. "It's information that Renald was attempting to hide from us." Dyne's expression suddenly became quite serious as he looked at Torrence. "The situation has become more complicated. If the Thaynes are involved in this affair outside help was going to be needed at some point. I think Renald knew that. I think he sold your people out on purpose, willingly." Dyne was already walking so he could move away from the treacherous enchanter. "So you're saying he planned this all along? That doesn't sound like the Renald I know." Torrence said; still trying to stick up for the man. "The Thaynes change people." Dyne said casually. "That's all I know. Anybody can become a devout fanatic. It just takes the right amount of persuasion." Dyne didn't know if the Thayne was real or not.

All Dyne knew was that the vision was real. Snowflakes fell into the alleyway as he took a cold breath of fresh air. It got hot and stuffy in that room; and he was glad he was out of the enchanter's place and on his way to the plantation. He was certain that the cult would not fall willingly. Dyne found himself thinking of the cult and what he'd found out so far. They could potentially worship N'Jal. So does that make them Spider Magi? He was worried. He found himself looking at his companion. "The Styx of Jomil seems like it might be a Thayne artifact."

"Don't feel too bad Torrence. Renald sold us out to the enemy. I believe that the Thayne object is the source of our cult's power. We will need a tremendous amount of help and luck to defeat them now. I'm not sure a straight forward battle is the solution anymore. We may have to opt for a more diplomatic solution." Dyne said casually hoping that his friend Banda was hearing all of that. He turned towards Torrence and Banda. "This could become really ugly really fast. Are you two sure you want to go through with this mess?" Dyne said. There was just the edge of fear in his heart. Something about the Thayne frightened the apprentice greatly.

streak101
02-17-08, 08:47 PM
Banda shrugged, still angry at Renald. "I've come this far, I might as well go on. As long as I have blood in my veins and air in my lungs, my blade is your blade Dyne." Banda drew his claymore, there was a slight hint of rust but other than that it looked fine. He looked to Torrence who was lost in his thoughts. He seemed saddened by the argument and shocked at his old friend. Banda walked closer to the old man, "Are you all right old man? I know this is hard for you, but right now we need to know if your going to keep going."

He shot a piercing glance at Banda that nearly made the mercenary lose his balance. "Keep going? Lightfoot, you must have forgotten who I am! I am the one that hired you! No, I will not let my people down, Renald can go screw himself." Banda stifled a laugh. Since when did he start taking after me? Torrence stood taller than before, "I will continue, but I have no idea how to proceed with a diplomatic solution," He put his hand on Dyne's shoulder, "I believe this is your expertise is it not?"

Banda stared at his sword. "Before we get to that though," He interrupted, "I have an idea. There is no telling what they will do if we attempt to have a peace talk with them or even if they'll accept a piece talk. I suggest we repair our gear and see if we can find something other than enhancements to strengthen ourselves for the possible fight." Banda rubbed his forehead, he felt dizzy.

Feeling nice and comfortable inside my head Saffron? He spoke to the dragon inside his mind. Yes, indeed it seems your mind is quite spacious, perhaps you need to think more often? He sighed, Saffron could be quite a distraction at times but he was useful. Banda could not see into someones mind or soul, nor see or speak to spirits, but Saffron could and this would be helpful later on. He told Saffron to be quiet and listened intently to Dyne.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
02-21-08, 05:25 PM
Torrence; the oldest man in the group looked at Dyne. He could feel the weight of responsibility landing squarely on all of their shoulders. There would be a resitance; Torrence was certain of it. Dyne noticed the expressions changing on the older man's face as the realization of what was about to happen settled in his head. Dyne waited for a feasible solution to show itself.

There was only one that he could think about. But the trip would take them far to the North; to Berevar. To the Wilderlands they would be heading. Dyne knew that in order to attack a Thayne they would need to use another Thayne's help. He turned towards his companions as a plan developed in his head. They needed the counsel of Jomil; the Huntress. The trip would take a long time; but they would come back with the gifts they needed.

"Torrence we need to go to the Wilderlands in Berevar. Do you know where that location is?"

Torrence seemed to fall deep in thought. Dyne considered the weight of the situation very carefully. They would need blessings of the Thayne in order to counteract the curse of N'Jal. Dyne knew very little about the Thaynehood; but he knew they were real. He just chose not to worship them. At least not yet. Dyne believed in his own cleverness and craftiness. Dyne trusted his instincts. The Phantoms in the area spoke of the Styx of Jomil; an artifact in the possession of the cult. Perhaps they could get this object of power?

Now a choice lay on their hands. They could go to see Jomil the Hermitress personally; or they could attempt to infiltrate the cult through other means that presented themselves. Maybe the leaders of the cult would be willing to meet with them? Dyne felt frustrated. And Torrence was taking a long time to come up with a solution.

"If we are going to go in with a military solution; I have some men that we could use to form a resistance group." The man said.

Another resistance in Salvar. Just great. Dyne turned his attention to Torrence and nodded casually. "All right. Will we have time for that trip to Berevar?"

"Probably not. Everyday; the cult grows stronger."

"You're right. What do you think Banda? Now is the time to come up with strategy." And snow drifted into the garbage ridden alleyway as the trio spoke.

streak101
02-23-08, 02:13 PM
Banda asked for a moment of silence in order to think. Anything you can tell me that might help Saffron? Banda could hear the dragon murmuring in his native tongue. Hmm, try this, friend. Banda listened intently to the dragon and clasped his hands together. "I have an idea that might work, but we'll need your men Torrence." Banda rubbed his forehead.

"Okay, it's still sketchy, but we can infiltrate their base of operations using your men as a distraction. Now in no way am I expecting you to sacrifice your men, just have them lead whoever is guarding the entrance away so we can get inside. Once inside, we can find their source of power; the Styx of Jomil or whatever, and flee from the area." He paused for a moment to let them think it over. "As a result, they will probably grow weaker, and once we can secure the artifact somewhere, we return and try our luck at fighting them then."

Torrence shook his head, "It is not so simple Lightfoot. If the diversion does not work, then the plan is ruined. Even if we are able to get inside, there are still men that can cause problems, and what is keeping them from following us if we manage to steal the artifact from them? Your plan needs work." He sighed, "This is a major problem."

Banda nodded, considering the circumstances, they were on a suicide march. Banda, what about calling in help? Help? We don't know anyone that can possibly help us right now Saffron. What about Demetri? Surely he of all you men would be able to think of something. His prowess in the magic arts would also be a large advantage. Banda liked the idea, Demetri had known quite a few things, but Banda had no idea where he was. Leave that to me, Demetri was there when you were doused in the magical waters, I am sure that his magical ability and his time spent in my home has had some profound effect on him. I will seek his mind out if needed.

"I know someone," Banda said out loud to Dyne, "he's educated in all of this magical mumbo-jumbo. I have a way of getting him here right away if you'll allow it. He's a fellow House of Sora member, I met him before." Banda thought of Saffron's lair, "He'd be a big help with this. What do you say?" He asked Dyne with the upmost seriousness.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
03-05-08, 11:32 AM
Things were happening rapidly. Ideas were being suggested; thoughts were being voiced out, opinions placed on the table. Torrence and Banda were both adequate thinkers and he was grateful for their help. In order to obtain the Styx of Jomil there would have to be an adequate diversion. Torrence's men could offer the diversion. Dyne folded his arms across his chest. They needed the Styx. The divine assistance of the Thayne was needed in order to defeat their enemy.

His plan to go to the wilderlands was apparently shot down. You win some; you loose some. Dyne thought. They would need to at least visit the locale Thaynes' temple in order to gain insight on how to fight against the cult of N'Jal.

From Dyne's knowledge of Knife's Edge there was also a local office of the Inquisition around someplace. If only they could get to it in time! After their run-in with that bastard Renald; everyone was in a foul and bitter mood. He would have to take action to get them to unwind. "I've just thought of something too. There is a temple to Jomil here in the city. We can ask the locale priests here for help against this Cult of N'Jal. Also...There is an office of the Knights of Dawn here in Knife's Edge as well. We can attempt to recruit their help. It's a long shot; but I think they'd be willing to help us destroy the Cult of N'Jal that's arisen."

Dyne let his voice be heard. "What do you guys think? I think these are both long-shot ideas but they will offer us extra reinforcements."

Torrence responded. "I know a few of the Priests of Jomil. Why did you not think of this idea before? We could rally the Priests to our cause. It would be a fine insurrection indeed! The only trouble is they are holed up in that damned plantation of theirs. It's been turned into a fort...it will be tricky getting inside."

"We use the sewers then."

Dyne suddenly suggested. Torrence looked at Banda with an eyebrow raised.

"They should be less heavily guarded than the other ways in."

streak101
03-08-08, 09:30 PM
It was dark in the sewers, but the smells and sounds of them were still the same. The grime could be heard sliding down the tunnels, the squeaking of mice and the snarls of sewer rats masked over this, and the polluted, feces infested water rushing in and out of each passage way roared over all the other noises. The smell of human waste, both fecal and plain garbage made one forget about the surroundings and vomit if they breathed in too deep.

A single ray of light began to shine through the darkness of the sewers. First only an inch, then half a foot, and finally a three foot wide ray of light appeared, this only illuminated a few paces into the sewers. Banda dropped into the tunnel system on all fours like a cat. "Don't push me old man." He shouted. He flinched when his echo reverberated off the walls and down deeper into the sewers. Torrence jumped in, and after Dyne dropped into the sewers, sealed up the hole to avoid arousing suspicion.

It was even darker than Banda had thought, he couldn't even see his hands, let alone where he was going. He looked behind him and all he could see were two pairs of eyes, one squinting and wrinkled marked Torrence, the other, younger pair were Dyne's. "How are we going to navigate through this place? We might lose our footing and fall into the waters." He placed his hands on the wall.

Torrence scratched his beard. "Hmm, is it a possibility that whichever way you found out about the Thayne being involved in all this can also be used here?" Banda was surprised.

"For an old guy you sure do have a lot of common sense and logic in your brain Torrence. Most old people I've met usually call stuff like that blasphemy and the like."

Banda turned to his thoughts, and his companion inside them. Saffron, those priests have spiritual and magical power right? Is there any way at all you can tell us which way to go? Maybe sense their presences and whatnot? The dragon made a strange noise in his head Banda thought was a yawn. When will you ever supply me with a real challenge? Go straight forward.

Banda nodded. "Saffron says we go forward, stick to the wall until there's no more wall left. He'll tell us where to go when we get to that point, come on." He hugged the wall as he walked. "Oh and Dyne, be free to sense some spirits." He said comically. I thought it wise to let you know. Yeah, thanks for that.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
03-18-08, 07:40 PM
Earlier--

Venturing into the sewers required some supplies beforehand. Dyne insisted that they stopped by Torrence's place to grab some basic supplies needed for trudging through the sewers. Avoiding the smell was going to be the biggest problem for them. Dyne noticed that Torrence's edifice was built low to the ground and seemed to be a typical structure for Knife's Edge. The construction was relatively simple and seemed to be slightly newer than most of the buildings in the slum's district.

Dyne didn't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing. Their stop to Torrence's place allowed the youth to resupply with needed equipment. This was not the young leader's first time venturing into the sewers of Knife's Edge and he knew his way around. There was a particular place that interested him and he wished that his Otano friend, Wizo, was assembled in this party. He would just have to go into the sewers without him. Dyne found the Otano artifacts interesting. He had one of them in his possession after all. Turning to gather some basic supplies, the youth gathered up a thick scarf from Torrence's possessions. Torrence allowed the House of Sora agents to gather whatever was needed.

Torrence's place had a key woman's touch to it. They met Torrence's wife, a woman named Aida. She was a pleasant woman who was part of the resistance movement against the Cult of N'Jal as well. It seemed everybody was forced to take arms against the Cult! Dyne noticed that and wished that they could've taken up action against the Cult at an earlier date. The last time that the youth was in Salvar and acquired his own estate. Checking all of his equipment, Dyne knew that he was ready to go. He wrapped the scarf up in a bundle around his face, so that he wouldn't have to smell the disgusting sewage, and gathered up a portable glowing ball.

The glowing ball was a staple of Althanas magitechnology. Taking the orb in his hand, Dyne almost waited for the same effect as coming across an Otano orb. He waited for that moment, but nothing happened. He simply felt the ancient energy that flowed from the orb. It was a small object, about five inches across from its epicenter. The object had a certain diameter that made it fit firmly in his hand. Providing a soft glow to the room, the youth knew that certain areas of the sewers were poorly lit. Perhaps the area that they were going to was one of these. Taking the orb, the youth made sure to resupply with plenty of rations and drinking water. He had a couple of water skins and gave a few to Banda.

They were prepared.

Stepping off the ladder, Dyne noticed the almost sentient darkness all around his person. The darkness was like a perpetual ocean rippling about with color and form. Instinctively, the youth blinked a couple of times attempting to get used to the absolute darkness around him. Sounds filled his ears, as well as the scents filled his nostrils. This being his second trip into the sewers, Dyne was already used to the horrible smells. With his face wrapped tightly in the scarf, Dyne didn't have to smell the terrible funk directly.

A complex series of stone comprised the floor beneath him. He could feel the texture through the thick hide boots he wore. Hearing Banda start to instruct him, Dyne grinned slyly beneath the scarf. He reminded himself of another friend, Shu Abishi. The Mage kept the lower half of his face constantly hidden 'neath a crimson scarf. With the hides of fallen beasts wrapped around his intimidating form, the apprentice was prepared for the challenges of Salvar. He felt reasonably warm in the thick hides. Removing the orb in his possession, the youth felt the power surge.

The darkness was pierced as light pressed forward with an almost blinding quality. Hearing Banda's instructions, Dyne nodded casually. "All right then, forward it is. I don't see any Phantoms around us, yet." Dyne reassured Banda and Torrence. "If I see any, I'll inform you all about it. But I think that for now we should trust in our own instincts." He raised the orb about eye level with himself and kept it a few inches from his face. Dyne's hand went to his sword. He took the front point position of the adventuring party and began to venture off into the sewers. The orb lit the way forward.

streak101
05-11-08, 07:24 PM
Banda's nose wrinkled at the stench of the sewer, he was sure that if he could see clearly the smell would affect his sight. The roaring waters had ached his ears so badly he thought he had gone deaf, and the sound was merely an echo of the last thing he heard. He could barely hear himself think and what made things worse were the skins on his body that made him sweat. He wiped his brow. Seeking to find something to ignore these burdens, Banda looked to Torrence.

"So Torrence!" He yelled over the waters. "Have you ever seen these Cult warriors in combat?" Banda nearly tripped over into the water. Left. He nodded in the dark and shouted the direction to the others, and felt around for a wall to lean on.

"Alas, I can't say I have Lightfoot." Torrence coughed. "No one dares defy them, well, not until now. But their very character, their builds and intellect, there's no denying their dangerous." Torrence sighed. "I doubt we can even stop them." He muttered under his breath.

Banda nodded, "Suppose your right." He hadn't heard Torrence's last few words. "But with our brains and brawn, we might just outsmart and outfight them!" He shouted positively, it was always important to keep morale high, a physically wounded soldier will just recover and fight again, but a spiritually wounded soldier will never go into combat at his best.

Right, turn right! Banda had not heard Saffron the first time, he nearly fell in if it weren't for Torrence, who seized him by the furs and pulled him back on solid concrete. Banda shivered. "Thank you Torrence...right! We go right!"

Alberdyne_Cormyr
05-12-08, 08:11 PM
Dyne noticed Torrence pull Banda from an uncertain fate. "Stay close to the light." He whispered to his two companions. The radius of the soft glowing light was roughly five feet in diameter all around them. Light passed from the orb naturally and pierced the darkness like a sword through a warrior's heart.

Feeling a shiver go up his spine, Dyne allowed himself a moment to relax.

The smell was terrible and made it difficult to concentrate. Tears clung to the corners of Dyne's eyes. Swelling to the point where they dropped from his tear ducts and flowed down his face, the apprentice could feel the cool water trickling down his face. It seared his skin from the cold. A trail of liquid cold stuck to his face creating a thin sheen of ice. Dyne felt the salty water transform into a crystal like substance. He moved his hand quickly to wipe the frozen tear from his face.

Dyne's sharp eyes searched the sewer for any Phantoms that might lurk there. Any single Phantom could give the psionic the edge that was needed in order to prevail against an uncertain enemy.

Dyne thought about what was known about the cult enemy. They are followers of N'Jal. As one who followed the precedents of the Order of Ai'bron, Dyne Corona found himself as a direct antithesis to the Cult of N'Jal.

Is this a good deal or a bad one?

Many thoughts passed through his mind as he walked. He pictured their destination in his head after having viewed the various maps that their employer laid out for them. Banda was giving them directions through the sewer. Dyne trusted his companion's judgment. Thinking about that matter he looked at Torrence.

"Torrence?"

"Yes Dyne?"

"I'm sorry about what happened with your friend Renald. I didn't mean for things to go down that way."

"Don't worry about it." Torrence had a slight, audible growl in his voice. Was Torrence angry at me or something else? "It was Renald's choice to make and there's nothing that could've been done. I'm just glad to be out of that bigot's presence."

"Hey Torrence?"

"Yeah Dyne?"

"You're all right." Dyne grinned. "For a Salvarn."

"Is it ready?" Came the gruff voice of Axel Lethargy. He was one of the self appointed leaders of the Cult of N'Jal. Grumps Entropy was the second appointed leader of the Cult. They simply called themselves Followers of N'Jal and formed roughly three years ago. Their unusual names were a gimmick to protect the true identities of the cultists. In their possessions were a copy of the three volumes of N'Jal. The Necronomicon.

Obtained through various dubious ends, the book was completed by the prophets of N'Jal. Axel turned towards a form that lurked in the shadows.

"It is ready. All is going as planned."

"You've advanced much for a spiderling. You've even become a Lord for these miserable dregs in a matter of months. You're using the system quite well to your advantage."

"Your words of compliment are not necessary. My will is the will of N'Jal." The dark voice returned. A mysterious purple glow that resembled a pair of eyes radiated in the shadows of the room. The owner of those terrible pair of eyes remained hidden. "Well said." Axel said casually.

"Our enemy is moving." Grumps said. "They've made it through the sewer."

"Already? They are close now."

"They have help."

"The other Thaynes huh? You know the dangers we are about to face. He represents the House of Sora." Axel said in response. He was speaking to the shadowy presence. Axel was a native Salvarn with brown skin tone. He had a muscular build, a long, flowing mullet, naturally jet black, and piercing brown eyes. His companion was from an unknown land. He had ashen gray skin, stood much shorter than Axel and had long gray hair. The two individuals both wore black robes with mysterious symbols etched upon them in gold. Axel stood at a height of six feet and two inches, Grumps stood at approximately five heads and six inches. The Salvarn had a heavy set built whereas the stranger had a lanky physique. The owner of the glowing pair of eyes remained a mystery.

"Do you wish for me to take out this Alberdyne Cormyr?" The stranger asked.

"He and his companions are of little consequence. Hardly worth your efforts. But kill them if you must."

"The will of Khal'Jaren is at play." Grumps suddenly said.

"So be it." Axel responded. He turned towards the stranger once more. "You have your orders. Go now. Intercept them before we have to call upon our Spider Magi."

"You won't need them." And the stranger was gone. Axel turned towards Grumps. "It has finally begun."

"Gather our men." Grumps said quietly.

Dyne looked up. They'd trudged through the sewer for a few hours when they finally made it to the location marked on the map. Dyne noticed a ladder set into the stone wall that lead upward. Looking up, he saw the sewer cover. Dyne turned his attention to Banda and Torrence. "We're here." He said calmly.

"I'll go first." Torrence responded and climbed the ladder. The pieces of the ladder had coldness flowing from the steel. Torrence took his time climbing up the object and there was the sound of heavy movement as he opened the sewer cap with his superior Salvarn strength. Dyne nodded and looked over to Banda. "I'll take the rear." Dyne said calmly. The leader always watched his mate's backs.

streak101
05-21-08, 05:44 PM
Banda nodded to Dyne and grabbed the ladder and lifted himself up after Torrence. A hand stretched out from the light above, Banda gripped it tightly and was lifted up out of the sewers. "Easy Lightfoot." Torrence said shakily. Banda looked at the old man questioningly while he waited for his eyes to adjust to the sun. Banda stretched his left hand into the sewers to aid Dyne. "You might wanna see what we're going to get ourselves into." He said as he lifted his friend out of the sewer.

They were in a different part of the town although it resembled the streets they were in before, but there were no buildings. This section seemed to have been built at the edge of a hill, just before it slopped down. The large brick wall behind the manhole most likely meant that no one knew about this place, it was blocked off from the rest of the town. Below them at the bottom of the hill Banda could see civilization. It was obvious that descending to the area from here would be simpler than ascending.

Is this the place? Banda thought. I'm sure of it. Their presence is all around here as well. Saffron replied. Banda looked to Torrence for some sign of confirmation but the old man's gaze was enough proof. Considering what Saffron told him, it was obvious that they weren't the first ones to venture the sewers, the cult members most likely came through here disguised, and resurfaced somewhere in town to gather necessary supplies.

"Well leader, what is your plan?" Banda said readjusting his rucksack. Torrence and Banda both hung on to every word Dyne said, eager to hear the man's mind at work. "It's gotta be pretty good t-" A searing pain found itself in Banda's left side. Banda felt like he was pushed to the snow by a very quick enemy. "Son of a bitch!" He shouted when he hit the floor, he looked at his wound, it was light, but the attack was aimed at his liver, whoever attacked him was prepared to kill. "We have company." He grunted and drew his claymore as he lifted himself up.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
05-29-08, 11:33 PM
((Permission for myself to post as Lorenor granted by the both of us since I -am- Lorenor and Banda agreed to do this))

Stepping out of the sewer was a major relief for the Patriarch of Lodge Bladestorm. The sewers were a stuffy place, the scent clung to one's skin and the oder stuck to one's clothing. Dyne was glad to leave that awful place and hoped he didn't have to trudge through it again anytime soon.

Warm was the afternoon sun. As warm as things could possibly get in Salvar especially this close to the frontiers of Knife's Edge. Dyne knew they moved further away from the central hub that was the city and made it to the outskirts of the city, heading towards the city limits. Standing at the bottom of the hill was the plantation in question. A crystal plantation. Created on the backs of slaves imported from various parts of the world, Dyne's face was a concoction of anger when he stared at the house of his enemy. They are followers of N'Jal. By the hand of the Inquisition, they will know justice.

And then it happened.

All too late did Dyne notice the stranger that approached Banda for an instant kill. In their moment of complacency, the enemy had gotten the drop on them! Cursing his second of distraction, Dyne drew his weapon and prepared for battle. "Battle formations. Torrence, Banda, flank it!" What Dyne saw astonished him. A short figure was wearing a full cloak made up of the material known as vlince. The creature gave off a menacing dark aura.

Dyne's forehead scar burned with pain when he saw the presence. Moving with supernatural grace and agility, the creature attacked quickly and with tremendous cunning. Banda almost fell in the initial attack. Was this thing a Spider Magi? No. They'd be dead already. It was something else. It was something considerably dangerous. Dyne prepared himself as he drew his plynt sword. It would have to do.

Torrence already engaged the creature directly and was cursing to his gods as he fought the hooded assassin. The thing never spoke. It simply attacked with superior grace and power. Dyne prepared himself to move in with all the Monk's training he could muster. Fighting against such a superior nemesis would prove to test the limits of Dyne's training. As he prepared himself for battle, thoughts raced across his mind. "We move in together Banda! Go!" He could not fail. The creature battled Torrence and kept the huge Salvarn at bay with twin swords made of a metal that he'd only seen being forged by his step father a few times. The metal was the legendary substance known as damascus. Wondering how his plynt sword would react to the sharpness of his opponent's blades, Dyne proceeded to take the gamble.

Whilst their attacker fought against Torrence, Dyne came in with an attack from his own. Using his fencing skills, Dyne quickly covered the ground between himself and the monster. Dyne swung his sword effectively at the assailant's side hoping for a direct, incapacitating hit...

Mutant_Lorenor
05-29-08, 11:58 PM
Moments ago-

Following the scent was a curious matter for the ghoul. Thanks to the artifacts given to him by the cultists, Lorenor was able to follow the intruders on the plantation through specially place sensory devices located at random within the sewer. Once he had a fixed location where the individuals would be coming from, Lorenor followed the device in his hand to an isolated sewer covering located on one of the western most points of the plantation property.

Already, Lorenor left the main structure of the plantation in a heightened state of alarm. Guards were moving double haste within their normal rotations and posted for longer hours than usual. Magi worked diligently to secure the premises by readying plenty of summon monsters and casting the spells necessary to secure against a potential revolt. Slave masters cracked whips against the backs of their servants. Lashes flayed flesh with salt coated injuries.

Lorenor was disgusted by the plantation's operation. But he tolerated it because they paid him well so he kept his mouth shut. A recent venture into Knife Edge's underworld produced the necessary leads that put Lorenor in the direction of the cult. Joining it was a matter of showing the cult leaders his spider magi markings. Some of the members even said they recognized the ghoul from a previous membership in the cult when it was young. Tough how that was possible, Lorenor did not know. Walking silently across the dark field, he was able to be out in the daylight hours. He enjoyed Salvar's thick layer of clouds for they added an artificial night to the north land that protected the ghoul in a blanket of darkness.

The gemstone showed the blips moving closer. Satisfied that he was close by to the target, the ghoul concealed the gemstone. Concentrating on his senses, foreign scents flowed across his sensory array. The targets draw near. Prepare yourself. Came the words of the endless within his physical shell. A parasitical organism living within Lorenor's body, the endless functioned as an exoskeleton armor that coexisted with the ghoul. At will, Lorenor could call the endless and allow the epidermis to wrap itself around his body for protection. Currently, the endless resided beneath the ghoul's flesh.

Boots left imprints on the snow. Walking as a trained professional, he learned how to move so that the snow didn't reveal his position. And then he saw it. A single sewer cover moved to the side. Several individuals emerged from the sewer after what seemed like a long trip. One of them matched the description of the man he was looking for. The telescope he stared through revealed that information to him. He was but a few yards away from the target. His run down the hill began.

His swipe towards the fellow with the huge claymore was met with some success. Contact was made. Lorenor injured the individual and moved to engaged a big Salvarn man that stood beside his initial victim. The Salvarn had a rough exterior about him. The ghoul noticed that he wore all white which was an attempt to blend into the fields of snow. Drawing his weapons, twin masterwork swords made of damascus, the ghoul readied himself for precision combat.

The man before him, the Salvarn, was the first to react to Lorenor's attacks and initiate some of his own. He drew a big sword and took several slashes at the ghoul's midsection. Lorenor was able to counter these with a skillful parry from the left weapon. After a few moments of parries and blocked counter, the target joined the fray. Lorenor stole a quick glance towards the target as he ran towards the ghoul. Back stepping several pace, the ghoul used his supernatural senses to great skill. Lorenor parried the incoming attack with his right arm. Another attack came in from the side. Lorenor parried with the left arm blocking off the Salvarn's attack. The third man was still unaccounted for.

Lorenor kept the two warriors at bay as he prepared to assassinate the apparent leader of the trio. The man with the glasses and the headband. He was short, just like Lorenor was and just as skilled with the sword. The ghoul noticed that his opponent fought with the finesse of a fencer. This is going to be interesting. Preparing his plan of attack, the ghoul waited until one of his main weapons was fully charged. His sensory grid encompassed an area of four feet in diameter. Lorenor was prepared. He had many tricks at his disposal to use against the enemy at hand. The ghoul would prevail.

Lorenor heard his target giving out orders to the duo.

"So you're the leader huh? Let's see how good your precious House of Sora really is. Dyne Corona."

streak101
06-02-08, 08:40 PM
Banda heard Dyne's command, and kicked up the snow as he ran behind him. As Banda moved in closer for an attack he tripped and fell into the snow whilst Torrence locked blades with the enemy and held him off. Banda staggered up and slipped again on his side, the furs on his back pushing him down. He swore, they were too cumbersome, he would have to take some of it off for now, despite the cold. He reached for the knot with his sword and snipped the string, the furs fell onto the snow.

Banda stood up and hurriedly ran towards the assassin. Dyne swung at the man, but was parried skillfully. Banda shook his head. If the enemy held off both Torrence and Dyne, then he was very capable of killing them as well. He curved around the three and ran to the unexposed side of the assassin, who was occupied defending against the first two fighters. "Hah! He's only the leader because I have such a hard head!" Banda head butt the opponent in the side, connecting with the rib cage.

This broke the assassin's defense and tumbled him to the ground. Banda continued running towards him, his sword poised to stab the man into the ground. As he began his maneuver however, another quick-footed warrior knocked him sideways into the snow. Banda somersaulted and recovered from the disruption. Another newcomer emerged in the battle, Banda rubbed his head with one hand and squinted ahead. He could see now that his attack was a mistake, blood ran down his head slowly.

Banda muttered a something under his breath, his hand began to glow green. He pressed the hand down on his wound and grimaced as it slowly patched itself up. He squinted again, the enemy was moving, the newcomer was heading towards him. Shit. Banda thought. He dizzily held the claymore in front of him as a weak defense, his mind and vision still hazed, his motions looked drunk and foolish. The attack happened quicker than expected, the enemy closed the distance in no time at all. Banda's eyes widened in shock as he was buffeted into the air. The attacker followed, he jumped higher than Banda and drop-kicked him into the ground.

Banda coughed up blood onto his opponent's boots. "Aw, you mussed up my shoes!" The attacker smirked under the cloth covering his face. Banda trembled, the speed the attacker used was familiar, resembling his Sly Striker technique, however this was faster more trained. The voice was also familiar, Banda shivered. It couldn't be, I'm hallucinating. My head is still fuzzy. The attacker picked him up and kicked him in the stomach several times powerfully, Banda hacked up more blood and was dropped to the floor. "I see you haven't grown any stronger since the Gisela. Your a fool, wasting your time on all this 'good guy' garbage."

There was the voice again. Banda was sure of it, this was a man he had fought alongside with when he still lived on Scara Brae, the same man who guided him through the very same tournament he spoke of. Banda knew he couldn't kill him he just couldn't...

“You couldn’t save your mother from your father and now you can’t even save yourself." That man...the words of a mysterious figure echoed in Banda's mind, back in the previous tournament. This was the same thing, he couldn't defend himself against this man...He gritted his teeth. Bastard! Banda threw an uppercut at the man this time it was his opponent that fell to the ground shocked. "And I see your no longer on my side then, Enetrad." Banda said intimidatingly.

The attacker laughed. "It was pure coincidence finding you here, but yes, I've given up on the good for power! Tremendous power! Something you could have used back at the Gisela!" Banda kicked Enetrad.

"The Gisela means nothing to me anymore." He said coldly. "Leave, before I'm forced to use my blade." Banda gestured to his comrades.

Enetrad smirked. "I'll leave for now, but we'll cross paths soon enough!" The attacker sprinted away, his speed almost untraceable. Banda ran back to the battlefield, and rejoined his allies.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
06-12-08, 07:00 AM
(All bunnies approved)

He's too good. The way he moves, its just unreal!

The sounds of blades clashing filled the air. Dyne was concentrating, attempting to read the mysterious enemy's movements with what degree of skill his training afforded him. His training, his blasted training! Dyne Corona realized how inferior he was to all the others of his same level bracket. Except for a few clever techniques, he was nothing...he had not power. Frowning at this realization, the warrior barely evaded an incoming attack from the man.

Banda's sneak attack provided a few precious seconds. The skilled creature rolled on the ground a few paces and deftly stood up, already back in fighting stance. Dyne shot a glance to his dancing partner, Torrence. They were both thinking the same thing. "Together!" Dyne came in from a diagonal slant, and Torrence came in from the exact opposite direction. If Dyne was correct, the warrior wouldn't be able to keep up!

Unable to keep up with all the events taking place at one time, Dyne momentarily ignored Banda's plight. Their own situation was so dire that they had to concentrate on keeping the assassin at bay. Dyne took a swing at the warrior's obliques watching for Torrence's cue. Boot steps circles one another in the snow. Dyne could feel the heat in his throat, his heart racing until it pumped acid. His muscles were all knotted, tense. He had a higher sense of awareness as he concentrated on all the senses he could muster. It was not enough. And with every passing moment came the realization...

I am too weak. I could never replace Seti Dylan.

Nearby-

An arrow was pointed at the skirmish. A small outfit of the cultists was placed just a few yards away from the battle, twelve strong. Each of the units armed with a varying arsenal. There were five archers, and five forward infantry. Two of them were ranking officers. They had their eyes narrowed as they stared at the small warrior fending off the intruders.

"He is skilled." One of the commanders said. With the Archers awaiting their orders, the commander lowered his hand so that they could lower their weapons, as well as their guard. "Not yet. This is the most entertainment I've had in many months. I want to see how good he really is. Our leader holds him in high regards."

"He seems like he can use some back up." The second commander said.

"We are the back up, but we are only to interfere if absolutely needed. If they pass through his assault, we are free to use force."

"Very well then. I shall wait. But my blade is eager to shed blood. Do you really think he is good enough to take three?"

"By N'Jal's blessing we shall soon find out." The first commander said and smiled darkly. A moment later, Enetrad returned to the forward party with his report. "I did as I was asked. He is injured, and his pride is wounded."

"Here is your pay, you are dismissed." The main commander in the outfit tossed a sack of gold pieces at Enetrad's feet. "My lord?" Enetrad asked and wondered what was the meaning of this. "You've outlived your usefulness, you were told to finish the intruder off and you held back. You are not worthy to become a Spider Magi. You are not worthy for N'Jal's blessing."

"But-!" The man named Enetrad was clearly frustrated. A hand moved, the archers suddenly pointed their weapon at Enetrad. He quickly got the hint at what was happening. "Very well then. I shall take my leave." Enetrad grabbed his gold and left, begrudgingly.

And behind the armed outfit, awaited a beast.

Mutant_Lorenor
06-12-08, 08:05 AM
Lorenor recovered his momentum and moved quickly into his combat stance. The ghoul was on top of his game. Brandishing his two swords, the third warriors' attack was a momentary distraction at best. At worst, it was a momentum shifter. Keeping his senses sharp at all times, the ghoul was aware of where everyone on the field was at anyone time. He'd gotten distracted by the two warriors and couldn't see the third coming. But that would change.

Lorenor wouldn't allow them anymore surprise hits. Recovering his position, the creature's hood fell from atop his head revealing the monster underneath. He was a short warrior, terribly short. An anomaly amongst titans. From his eye sockets emerged twin glowing purple lanterns fueled by hate. Lorenor's hatred was too strong and kept him alive even in undeath. No nose and no ears was visible upon the man's skull. Crowning his head was an intricate series of dreadlocks that went all the way down to his chest. Lorenor hissed at the moment, revealing the many rows of sharp teeth that were waiting to victimize the trio one by one. Lorenor stood at five feet in height and weighed approximately one hundred and fifty pounds. Wrapped around his skin, was a layer of darkness that was tinted a slight green and hid his head behind a mask.

Lorenor wore the clothing of a lord. His thick hides flowed with the wind and he moved fantastically within them.

They barely reduced his quick precision with the sword.

Lorenor prepared himself for the remainder of the battle. He'd been given strict orders. Though he couldn't actually kill the fellows, nobody said that he couldn't bite and infect them. His superiors within the Cult of N'Jal were watching carefully from afar. Lorenor knew this to be true. Within a moment, Dyne Corona moved in step with the Salvarn stranger. The ghoul could tell that the third human was Salvarn in origin by his sheer mass and size...he would be a problem. Salvarns had many tricks up their sleeve, including the ancient arts.

A sword strike. Lorenor danced skillfully around the incoming attack. His weapon intercepted Dynes' blade. The weaker plynt sword was holding up well against Lorenor's parries. But for how long? Lorenor parried another attack from Torrence and the sword dance began anew. The two were attempting to coordinate their attacks against him. Lorenor had something for the both of them. He heard and felt the vibration that signaled his plasma discharge gun was ready.

Subconsciously activating the Golem technology, Lorenor knew that his weapon was at the ready. With the gun fully charged, he had a move for those suckers. In the meantime, he could continue to play with them. His only real threat was the third bastard...

streak101
06-19-08, 01:13 PM
Banda swung his claymore at the creature in unison with Dyne and Torrence but all three attacks were parried. No matter how quick or how much force they applied to the attacks, the enemy skillfully defended himself against them. Although he knew it was strange to admit it Banda gave the assassin credit for his experience with the sword. Banda lunged himself at their opponent. The creature parried one of Torrence's attacks and kicked Banda back into the snow. Banda slid across the snow and stood back up.

Think your quick huh? Banda closed his eyes. Well then, let's see just how quick you really are. As he opened his eyes, the world around him seemed to slow down. The meditation took affect as Banda was given the surge of speed. Banda called the meditation, the Sly Striker technique, an old
name given to the technique by the one who taught to him. The mercenary was moving with an extreme speed, which caused his mind to process that it was everything but Banda that was moving at a slow speed.

Banda sprinted up to his target and aimed his sword at the creatures chest. The enemy looked at Banda in the eye and kicked him again, this time crashing into Torrence. The draw back to the meditation was the back-fire problem. As Banda was knocked into Torrence, the burst of speed threw him back faster and harder. Banda fell on his wound and he became disoriented again. He could feel the cold start to wrap around him. He squinted to try and focus his sight on the furs, and crawled through the snow towards the warm hides.

Torrence watched as the mercenary struggled to persevere. He breathed deeply, sweat running down the side of his face. "Lightfoot, we cannot defeat this creature, our only option is to retreat."

Banda shook his head as he grasped the hides. "Never."

Torrence stared at him angrily. "He will kill all of us! He is too skilled, we cannot defeat him it is impossible!"

Banda re-tied the furs as he lay on the ground. "Impossible... what a stupid word." Torrence looked at the mercenary pleadingly. "Impossible is a word used by men who give up. They use it to hide the fact that they're weak and fragile, or when they're afraid to face their own fears."

Torrence shook his head. "Impressive words, but you will be killed if you continue to fight, that man...creature...whatever it is; will kill you without mercy. It is impossible, you can believe what you want but that's what it is, you cannot defeat him. “

Banda smiled slightly. "Then I’d rather die trying to do the impossible then die knowing I never tried.” Torrence looked at Banda. The young man at first seemed idiotic and annoying, but through his fighting and skill showed a soul much older than the body it lived in. Banda had seen death take his mother, and had nearly met him several times before. Torrence stood up and gripped the hilt of his blade tightly. Banda was prepared to give his life, the Salvarn must be able to do the same.

“I will not let you die.” He muttered under his breath and stared at the creature with cold eyes. Torrence sprinted forth and swung at the creature. It was not enough but he held the creature off on his own. Parrying the assassin’s attacks and swinging away, he was pushing the enemy back. At first, it seemed as though the Salvarn had the upper hand, however, the creature was faster and much more skilled from the beginning. Torrence was tossed to the ground with a violent throw. The assassin slowly raised his hand in the air. He had no idea what it was planning, but he knew it wasn’t going to be pleasant. “Banda! Dyne! Run!” Torrence threw himself at the creature. They’re eyes locked into each other, Torrence was not afraid. “You will only kill one.” He said through clenched teeth.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
06-24-08, 05:56 PM
I am holding back. Why am I holding back? There is something familiar about this loathe some creature. As much as I hate to admit it, I am feeling like I am somehow connected to this individual. Think! Dyne! Think! Fall back on your monk training. His moves are well timed, fast. Agile. He's a speedy bastard, that's for damned sure. His sword skills lack a certain polish though. I've seen that combat style somewhere before. I just can't quite place it. He's fast but he's just as fast as I am if not slower than me! I can do this!

And Dyne set about to defeat the creature before him.

But just when things couldn't get any worse for the wear, the ugly bugger countered Banda and Torrence quite effectively. It was skilled at dual wielding weapons, Dyne could see the level of skill and concentration. The man had a dark aura about him the apprentice's senses could just vaguely perceive. Seeing the darkness clinging to the mutant was an unnerving sight. However, Dyne concentrated as he was taught to by the Monks of Ai'Bron. He wasn't an expert level monk by any means, but this event would serve to further enhance his training.

By the light of Khal'Jaren, Dyne would succeed!

He could hear Torrence and Banda's conversation nearby. And prepared for the worse. The mutant raised his hand to the sky, pointing his beautiful weapon to the clouds. Is he bluffing? Dyne thought to himself and the creature seemed to be grinning right at Dyne's general direction. Dyne cringed at that hideous face. His opponent was one of the most ghastly creatures Dyne had ever seen in his adventuring days. Dyne gripped his swords tightly when he felt the weight of his enchanted ring upon the finger where it sat. Of course! My ring! But then the downside of the idea came at him all at once. It would take precious time to prepare the ring, time he didn't have. It would also cause moments more to release the shield and he was certain what was coming wasn't any good. Sheathing his plynt sword, Dyne had no choice but to retreat for now. Making the leadership decision, Dyne ran towards Banda's position and extended his hand out towards the youth in an attempt to grab him so that they could be on their way.

"We've gotta go Banda. There's no time. We have to make our ways deeper into the plantation. We'll never get another shot at this!" Dyne yelled loudly trying to get Banda's attention. He knew that his friend could be stubborn at times and headstrong, but the swordsman didn't want to loose either of his newly acquired companions. He stole a glance towards Torrence's general direction. The snow packed earth heavy underneath his boots. Snow falling downward in every direction of the compass cross winds causing the small precious flakes to gather on the ground. His hides were heavy with the packed snow, as the fur accumulated gentle sheets of ice. The extra frozen substance made his hides heavier, but the apprentice struggled to endear against all odds. Facing a superior opponent in this winter land, the young man knew that he didn't want to die out here, so far away from home. Dyne grabbed for Banda, kept his eyes on the scene unfolding before him, and narrowed them at what he saw next. "Torrence! No!" Dyne suddenly yelled and clenched his teeth when he realized what was about to happen.

They had no choice but to get the hell out of there now.

Dyne pulled at Banda's person with all his might in an attempt to help his companion get back on his feet. "Move it soldier! That's an order! We have to fall back to another position now!" Time was moving rapidly against them, an glass jar containing sands that irrevocably went from one side to the next. Only a precious few ounces of sand remained as the other side of the jar was filled up nearly to the point of overflowing.

There was a sudden sound in the air. It was like a thunderclap modified with a hundred percussion drums all at once. The noise happened all at once and condensed the air with it's vibration. Approximately a moment later, a burst of kinetic energy spread out in a radial fashion adding its purple energy to the battlefield. Spreading quickly, the blast covered a tremendous amount of ground quickly and violently. Torrence stood no chance. Exploding with the force of steel, the big Salvarn screamed and was suddenly silenced. The primary charge of the field struck him across the neck and forcibly severed his head from the rest of the body. There was a burst of blood that sprayed into the air tainting the wind with its metallic taste. Torrence fell to the ground, dead. He'd never had a chance to even mount a successful counter against the kinetic blast. Dyne was already running, assuming that Banda was right behind him. The blast flowed quickly through the air, covering a rough distance of about eleven yards in every direction. With that blast, came the terrible sound of Torrence's scream. It was a sound that Dyne would never forget in all of his days.

As he ran, he felt his heart beating in his chest. He was running towards the central plantation buildings. "Banda! Keep up!" He yelled quickly utilizing his acrobatic skills to run as fast as he could. Beating rapidly, his heart sounded like a war drum. It was pumping in his throat. Dyne felt like his legs were made of rubber as he moved towards the building. A subtle impact, a few paces behind him, crashed into some trees and other objects. Dyne had just barely ran twelve yards! It effectively put him outside of the range of the mutant's kinetic blast. Dyne ran a little further and stopped a few paces ahead when his legs were ready to give out. He felt a burning sensation traveling up and down his legs and he gasped for air, struggling to catch his breath. The sprint had been a mad one, but the man managed to evade the immediate threat. He never wanted to go through that sort of thing ever again. Turning towards the position he thought Banda would be at, the apprentice looked his partner dead in his eye. There was a sadness visible on his face.

"His sacrifice will be honored Banda. Right now we have to get into the plantation by any means necessary. We will have a bigger fish to fry soon enough." Dyne said calmly while he was catching his breath. "Let's hope that thing can't catch up to us anytime soon. I have a plan if we have to face him again. But we need to get our hands on the Styx of Jomil first. That is our objective."

Mutant_Lorenor
06-24-08, 06:11 PM
"Tch. Cowards. Why don't you stay and play?"

Lorenor launched off the kinetic blast and was amused when he saw that his two opponents managed to run out of its range. Loweing his swords to point at the ground, the mutant sheathed his weapons and looked off towards the hill where the ambush party awaited with their special surprise. The mutant found himself requiring a quick meal and decided to further desecrate Torrence's body by making him dinner. Raising his right hand to the ambush party, the mutant closed his fist. It was cue for them to proceed with their initial plan of attack.

Lorenor had defeated one of the invaders, but Alberdyne Cormyr was his. It was an understood fact until other orders were given by Axel and the higher ups.

He knelt down alongside the body of the big Salvarn and prepared to feed from him. Carefully removing the furs and clothing from the individual, Lorenor noticed an interesting amulet that was present around Torrence's neck. It was made of gold and had a few precious gems encrusted in it's form. It had a basic square like appearance and some unusual symbols written upon it. They somehow seemed familiar to the mutant. Pocketing the amulet, he checked for traps first before placing it in in his inventory. It was clearly safe to the touch and appeared to be extremely valuable. Also, the mutant sensed a mysterious power coming from the symbols. He would have to research this matter in due time. The symbols seemed to resemble markings from the Thaynehood but Lorenor wasn't sure if that was the case. Feeling his jaws open up, the ghoul proceeded to undergo the ghastly duty ahead of him. He moved down upon the man's chest and began to consume the edible parts of the humanoid person. His heart still was in the process of beating its last few beats, and the blood was still very warm.

Lorenor ate the man whole, consuming everything he could. The heart, he saved for last and sacrificed this to N'Jal using secret techniques taught to him in the books of N'Jal. Once he was done and had pocketed the amulet, he decided that Alberdyne Cormyr was given quite enough of a head start. The ghoul began to chase the duo down by tracking their scent like some kind of twisted dog of hell. He walked slowly towards the plantation and his intended targets.

Lorenor had all eternity to chase Dyne and Banda straight into the bowels of hell.

streak101
08-10-08, 11:15 PM
Banda looked back as he ran, his mind was telling him to press on and avoid death...but his heart told him to save the old man. His comrade pulled him on however, and Banda's feet kept running away. A piece of his mind went into dismay when he saw the explosion swallow his friend whole in what seemed like less than a second. Fear kicked in at that point and by instinct Banda began to run faster. "He's....he's eating him!" Banda looked away in disgust. His fists clenched and he gritted his teeth. Anger boiled up inside him and rage swelled up through his body. "I'll kill h-"

Banda, if I may? The mercenary froze. He had forgotten that the dragon was still inhabiting his mind. Your friend Dyne, he speaks of the Styx of Jomil. At your current state if you engage that mutant in combat...You will die. The Styx however...May aid you.

What does it matter!? He killed him....he's eating his corpse! I won't let him disgrace Torrence like that! I'll-

Even WITH the Styx you will fail at your current level! Control your emotions! You will avenge Torrence, when you are stronger and more capable! As of now, you must continue your mission! Or have you forgotten why you came here!?

Banda stared at the ground frustrated. It was the first time Saffron spoke to him in such a tone. The dragon's voice echoed in his mind loudly. Banda punched into the snow angrily and sighed regrettably. He stood up and stared up at Dyne. A new resolve and a serious look in place of the usual happy and childish expression. "Where are the Styx, and how are we going to get them?"