PDA

View Full Version : A place to solo.

Winterhair
12-23-07, 12:45 PM
I'll be writing up a solo sometime during christmas break, but I have one problem. I don't know where to write it in.

Okay, here is the set up. Vincent comes across a village of primitive men and women in ______________ (-_- Insert appropriate place here.) that live near a sea or great lake of some sorts. Vincent notices that all of them are skinny, look famished, tired, etc...but he doesn't really care. So the leader of the village, whoever, comes up to Vincent and begs him to slay this monster that has been terrorizing the village for centuries, demanding sacrifices and such or else it will destroy the entire village. Vincent isn't interested, says a number of threats he means to carry out, and is about to walk out when the leader dude says that there is a way to gain a great power by slaying this beast. This interests the swordsman, he finds out how, and boom bam he accepts said job.

Now, I need a place where there could be a isolated village near, say, a beach or some rocks near the sea. What is the best place for that?

Max Dirks
12-23-07, 01:11 PM
Tular Plains...

Winterhair
12-23-07, 01:27 PM
Where are the plains exactly located? I can't seem to find them. -_-

Breaker
12-23-07, 01:58 PM
Scara Brae might work, since it's an island.

Winterhair
12-23-07, 02:00 PM
I was thinking about that, but I want the village to be extremely remote. Like, not on the maps remote. It would be too easy for someone to stumble across it if they explored Scara Brae.

Slayer of the Rot
12-23-07, 07:27 PM
Actually? You're best off with Istraloth in the Other Regions. Don't listen to those two.

Vampiric Angel
12-23-07, 10:00 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just have a good reason for him to be there. Wandering...whatever.

Saxon
12-23-07, 10:01 PM
Be original and try to create your own place if you don't think any of the regions will suit you. Other Regions is there for a reason. ;)

For example, Slumber (which I'm redoing from the ground up) is set in a town in a Spain or Italian sort've way on an isle off the coast of Fallien. Its entirely up to you where you put it, and you should never try to write the story your trying to make to fit it into the particular region for the region's sake itself. That's bad, peaches. =P

Winterhair
12-23-07, 10:52 PM
I'll check out Istraloth first, and if it still doesn't suit me i'll just make up my own.

AdventWings
12-24-07, 12:21 AM
Revani.

The setting and premises are rather similar to what you're looking for, so that's probably a good place to try.

One of the runner-ups in the New Regions contest a few months back. Not canonically added, but it's still worth a shot if you don't want to create a new one.

There's a lot of them in the Archives, last time I checked. More specifically, the Regions Writer Contest.

Winterhair
12-24-07, 09:55 AM
Istraloth sounds good. Hopefully, I'll have the first post up by Christmas or the day after.