PDA

View Full Version : The Order of the Golden Dawn

Zook Murnig
01-12-08, 10:34 PM
The Order of the Golden Dawn

Description: The Golden Dawn exists half in light, half in darkness. In order for the light to rise, it must first go through darkness. Such is the way of the world.

The Order of the Golden Dawn, affectionately known to its members as Stella Matutina, seeks the dark mysteries of Althanas' past. This is not out of any bid for power or destruction, but for the protection of the present and future of Althanas.

Membership: Stella Matutina is led by consensus of a tribunal. This tribunal consists of the founding members, though they may step down in favor of other pursuits. In this event, or the death of a tribunal member, the remaining members of the tribunal will choose, from among the initiated, a replacement. Members are initiated into the Order either off-screen with a 50-100 gold donation, or on-screen in an Order sponsored acquisition/investigation quest. Each member of the Order will be identified in Golden Dawn documents by an acronym, originating from a mantra, or motto.

Current Roster
Caduceus Grimaldi (Zook Murnig) - Founder - Tribunal
E.Q.B. Elohim qel Bechoshk. God's Light in Darkness.

Ceidon Loré (Ceidon) - Founder - Tribunal
P.V.R.P.F. Potui virvirim responsare praetorius fatalis. Can a man defy a general's fate?

Karyna O'Feargail (Moonrunner) - Founder - Tribunal
M.A.S.G.I.P. Moonlight always shines gently, if passionately.

Dagon Dessalines (Papa Dagon) - Founder - Tribunal
I.L.A.L.I.Z. Iron like a lion in Zion.

Lasair Anubail - Founder - Tribunal
E.T.A.U.B. Eiridh tonn air uisge balbh. A wave will rise on quiet water.

Chromanon Rockskin
I.E.Q.H.A. Ita erat quando hic adveni. It was that way when I got here.

Rules: Stella Matutina is a very secretive organization. The things they study are of such a nature that they should not be exposed lightly. Even the name Stella Matutina is a secret, though the Order's existence is not. Any member who utters the name Stella Matutina in the presence of an uninitiated will suffer expulsion from the Order. Similarly, members who divulge secrets of the Golden Dawn will be brought before the tribunal for their fate to be decided. If it is determined that they had just cause for the divulgence, they will be found innocent, with a warning. However, if it is determined that they released Golden Dawn information without good or sufficient reason, they will be found guilty and expelled.

Expulsion from the Order of the Golden Dawn is not simply being disassociated with the organization. Those who are expelled remain so permanently, and will have their memories adjusted such that they have no recollection of anything to do with the Order or its secrets. This is done through a powerful enchantment cast upon each hopeful member at initiation. It is accepted by them willingly, or they will not be initiated.

The initiated are encouraged to have other interests and to pursue them, so there is no rule against being in other power groups if you are a member of this one. However, should they come upon a situation where they must decide between revealing the secrets of Stella Matutina, and failing their mission, they are expected to choose according to the Order's interests.

Current Events:
The Order of the Golden Dawn: A Rising Sun (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=103602#post103602) - Caduceus Grimaldi, Lasair Anubail, Chromanon Rockskin, Dagon Dessalines, and Karyna O'Feargail (open to up to one more)

Chromanon Rockskin
01-26-08, 12:25 AM
Bitch, let me in!

My motto:
F. P. N. - Furnulum pani nolo - I don't want a toaster

Wait! No! I found one that makes sense for Chroma. Though I still like my toaster one.

I.E.Q.H.A.
Ita erat quando hic adveni. - It was that way when I got here.

Papa Dagon
01-26-08, 12:37 AM
Do what you will,I'm getting in first! Ooooh baby, nobody can do me no harm.

N.W.N.C. - No Woman, No Cry

Just kidding.

I.L.A.L.I.Z - Iron Like A Lion In Zion

Zook Murnig
01-26-08, 12:44 AM
Welcome to the Order, Chromanon and Dagon! We've been awaiting you, to tell the truth, ILALIZ, Founder and Tribunal member.

Zook Murnig
02-07-08, 02:34 PM
I will try to have the founding quest begun either tomorrow or Saturday. Anyone who wants in must register as a member of the Order and state their intent to join in, either here, in a PM to me, or via AIM. It will be titled "The Order of the Golden Dawn: A Rising Sun." A link will be posted here when the thread is made.

Skie and Avery
02-07-08, 10:52 PM
Ooo ooo! Me me me! Let me in! This is Chroma, in case you hadn't noticed. XD

Lasair Anubail
02-07-08, 10:54 PM
I'm rather strapped down with quests, but you can count me in.

Zook Murnig
02-10-08, 11:27 PM
Sorry for the delay, work and the FQ had me bogged down, but I've got the thread up.

The Order of the Golden Dawn: A Rising Sun (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=103602#post103602)

The thread is still open for any who want to join, but not too many, lest it become crowded and unwieldy.

Papa Dagon
02-11-08, 06:54 AM
Papa would like in as well!

I'll get to this as soon as I can.

Serilliant
02-15-08, 09:46 PM
Sorry for the delay. The Order of the Golden Dawn is now an option for display in your profile. Simply add it from your User CP.

Tera
02-21-08, 07:03 PM
A fine Parchment letter sealed with fine blue wax that bears the seal of Imperial arrives by way of cloaked rider.

Dear Order of the Golden Dawn,

Imperial wishes to invite you to the first annual Imperial hunt. Please send reservations as soon as possible. Due to the size of your group, we would like to see at least one of your ranks join us for this grand event. however due to limitations, we can only accommodate a maximum of two of your members.

There will be prizes for every trophy taken as well as a grand prize for one lucky hunter.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Signed,

Imperial Mother

MoonRunner
02-21-08, 07:13 PM
so what would this hunt involve and when?

Galedeaap
05-28-09, 11:38 PM
This Warrior wishes to join what appears to be a most noble cause.

S.T.D - Seize the Day