PDA

View Full Version : The First Retriever

Squ
01-15-08, 09:37 AM
(open to anyone who wants to get involved at any point ^^)

It was a lovely sunny day with birds high in the sky, gliding on the warm currents of air; a perfect day for a stroll. Teefa was checking her belongings and even though she never carried around much, she was very careful not to forget what little possessions she had. Pointing her finger at each item that she had laid down before her, she briefly uttered the word "check". The most important thing came last; her money. Looking around to see if anyone was watching her, she quickly counted the coins, dropping them gently one by one in a leather pouch strapped on her belt.

After Teefa had made sure that she had everything, she jumped off the big, flat rock that she was resting on. In the distance she could see the ocean and following the coastline with her eyes, she could eventually see Scara Brea.

For the hour she had been walking, Teefa had travelled quite some distance. She didn't mind as she loved to walk and enjoy the different sceneries. Right now, the view of the ocean from this small cliff was enough to keep her happy. Her thoughts lingered in the past for a few moments, thinking back at home. She closed her eyes and smiled while shaking her head slightly before heading back to Scara Brea, following a small rocky road.

It was about halfway back when movement in the distance caught Teefa's attention. Holding her hand above her eyes to block the sun, she could see someone in the distance heading in her direction; it was too far to discern whether it was a man or a woman. Lowering her hand, Teefa continued her walk, staring blankly as her mind wandered off again.

As the distance between the human figure became less and less, Teefa was able to finally see some distinguishing features; the person heading in her direction was a man. He was clad in black and brown leathery pieces of clothing -most of them covering enough of his body for him not to be naked. Teefa became slightly nervous about the approach. She decided that when he should walk past, she would just give him a friendly nod.

When there was only about 20 yards of distance between the two, the man stopped. Teefa, who deliberately avoided eye contact, noticed and looked up.

It was a tanned man, with tribal marks painted on his arms and some on his face. His head was shaved and wore all kinds of handmade jewelry like beads on his clothes. Although Teefa hadn’t seen much of the island yet, she could tell he wasn’t a native.

The man stood and stared at Teefa with a stern look that was all but friendly. He eyes were narrow and his piercing gaze was like a spear that went right through her.

Teefa, standing only a few steps away from the man decided to break the ice. A nervous "Um… hi there" was barely coming from her lips. She briefly waved her hand to greet the stranger in front of her.

The man folded his arms.

"Teefa Kalestiya 'o Riviera!" he started, his voice was like thunder and rumbled through the air.

Gasping in surprise at the mention of her name, Teefa took a single step backwards, staring at the man with eyes wide open. It wasn’t so much for the fact that a complete stranger called out her name, but rather that he used her family name, ‘o Riviera’, that she hadn’t used ever since she ran away from home.

“Who are you?” She asked carefully with trembling voice.

“Who I am is of no importance to you. What IS important for you to know is that I have travelled long and far to track you down and that your little adventure ends here.”

The words sank in like a rock in a pond and it didn't take very long for Teefa to deduct that this man was a bounty hunter hired by her family to track her down and bring her home. Although she anticipated a day like this would come, she didn't quite expected it to be now.

This was bad. The last thing Teefa wanted was to have someone drag her back home –a journey that would be excruciatingly long, especially as a ‘captive’.

"Pardon me for my startled reaction. But, ah, I think you must be mistaking me for someone else" Teefa said with a smile in an attempt to deceive the man. She knew it wouldn’t work and she hated to lie, but this was a dire situation.

As expected, the man replied: "You won't be able to trick me, girl, so make no attempts to talk your way out of this. You are to come with me, quietly and without protest."

A feeling of despair crept into Teefa. The sole purpose of her aimless wanderings was to escape the terrible fate that would lie in store for her at home, and this man’s purpose was to take her to that fate. No! Anything but going home! The idea simply frustrated her.

"Look, whatever they’re offering, I--" Teefa stammered

"I knew this wasn't going to be easy" The man interrupted her, slowly untying a rope from the side of his belt.

"W- what are you doing?" Teefa’s words were choppy and it seemed that her fears were getting the best of her. "You can’t force me to come with you!" she cried out.

"By whatever means necessary", the man cited the words, implying those were the instructions of his contractors.

It was pretty obvious that talking was out of the question and in her mind, Teefa opted for the next best ‘solution’ to her current problem: running. As the man approached her slowly, she took a few steps back. A small rock rolled under her foot, slightly making her lose her balance. Teefa quickly turned around and made a run for it.

"Alright then…" The man sighed calmly, dropping the rope and taking a bola from the back of his belt. "So you want it the hard way ey? That’s fine."

The man began to spin the bola in the air as hard as he could. The heavy balls making a whooshing noise as they moved through the air. Just before his quarry was out of range, he hurled the bola at Teefa with tremendous speed.

Panting heavily and running as fast as she could, Teefa had gotten quite far, unfortunately for her, not far enough-- her fleeing came to an abrupt end as the bola wrapped itself tightly around her legs, preventing her from taking the next step and thus causing her to fall on the ground. She could just barely prevent herself from falling flat on her face by turning and landing on her arm instead. Due to her speed, she skidded forward a few inches, causing the rocky surface to scrape the skin of her arm.

The adrenalin in her body helped her to ignore the intense pain and she quickly sat up, stretching her arms to her legs to try and pry loose the tangling ropes around her legs.

"Come on, please, come on" she said while tugging rope. Due to her panic, tears formed in her eyes. The hunter started walking in her direction.

ANGELxZER0
01-15-08, 11:55 AM
(hope this is ok)

Leaving the dense woods that he awoke in behind, Xzia walked with much pain and confusion. a few minutes earlier he had woken up at the base of a mountain, he attempted to climb up but to no avail. though he did not seem hurt, his whole body moved along sluggishly. hitting against the ground at tremendous pase caused his muccels to give in.

"are you sure this is the right way?" said Xzia to thin air, hobbling along an open field, his vision was blurred and his hearing dampened. feeling at his lowest, it was all he could to to keep himself moving.

Xzia stopped, looking to the sky, the sun bounced of his pale white skin making him glow.

"Why have you stopped, your not there!" called a voice from his own body. with a strong amount of effort xzia raised his left arm and stared into a bright blue crystal attached to his leather glove.

"be silent, you have not been through what i have!" he snapped at the crystal. dropping his arm once he said his piece, continuing his difficult journey along the field. Minutes where like hours as he walked, every step was a struggle to not fall over, little by little his body returned to normal, but it was far from being as it was again.

His long delicate ears could here something far in the distance, he would have noticed it sooner if not for his fatigue, but that was not what hurried him along, he could here something much closer, as he paced as fast as his body would allow, the grass below him quickly changed to hard stone and dust.

"hey! its not this way, i told you to go the other way" the gem screamed at him, easily becoming restless. glowing furiously trying to attracted his attention.

Xzia ignored his companion spirit as he often did, his ears were focused on the slight sound of struggle he could here in the close area, his vision still blurred he came to a halt as he

gazed at 2 undefined figures, a fair distance away from each other and one closer to the ground. "H- Hello!?" he cried and watched slowly moving toward the upright being, repeating himself "Hello?"

Squ
01-15-08, 06:16 PM
(It’s quite nice. Just enjoy and I’m sure the rest will go fine ^^)

The ropes that ensnared Teefa were tangled up too much, not to mention tightly; it hurt her fingers and legs trying to loosen or straighten the rope. With quick, brief moans, Teefa desperately kept squirming her legs hoping it would create some slack from her constraint. The friction of the rope rubbing against her leg was excruciatingly painful.

The distress and frustration exhausted Teefa more than she already was from running. Her heart was beating at an incredible rate and she eventually gave up trying to get loose. She rested her arms in her lap and lowered her head. Looking at the arm she fell on, she could see that it was scraped pretty badly and bleeding.

How horrible... Teefa quietly cried to herself, dejected and waiting for the hunter to collect his ‘prize’. From the distance she could hear his footsteps on the rocky road.

Suddenly, she heard another voice, different from the man that was after her and she quickly opened her eyes. At some fair distance, a tall pale looking figure was walking, somewhat unsteadily, towards the hunter. He called out to the hunter; “Hello?”

The hunter turned to face the direction of the pale looking figure and stretched out his arm, motioning to keep some distance. “That’s close enough. What do you want?” the dark man said in his usual, intimidating voice. He was clearly on guard.

Teefa noticed that the pale man was swaying slightly as if he was dazed. Not really sure what to do, she tried to get herself to stand. Painful as it was, Teefa managed to get to stand on her feet albeit in an awkward fashion –the ropes were keeping her legs close together and it was a balancing act not to fall down again.

Not knowing who the new stranger was, it was obvious that he didn’t belong with her assailant. Whether the pale looking man was friend or foe, Teefa felt like calling out to him. Taking a deep breath in preparation for crying ‘help’, all she did was breathe out as she figured that she would get someone involved that had nothing to do with her situation, and that calling out to him could cause someone to get hurt.

Dizzy with mental and physical exhaustion, the situation was taking its toll on Teefa as she was reaching her limit. Vision blurry, sounds muffled, she felt her eyelids become heavier. She couldn’t feel her legs and began losing control of her body and swayed slightly; Teefa was about to collapse.

ANGELxZER0
01-16-08, 11:46 AM
Xzia froze in the spot and instantly filled with rage, never had he been spoken down to, or even told what to do. He wanted to snap back at the strange creature, How dare a lesser race give me so much disrespect, but he knew better that he didn't even stand a chance against an insect at his present state. . he would still try if he needed to.

His slouched body became more stiff slowly erecting himself to his glorious figure. "I have no reason to answer to one such as yourself!" let out the tall elven like figure. his breathing steadied as he stood. his eyes still blurred and burdened with heavy lids that seemed to hold the weight of the world, ye, they were kept fully open with a glare at the creature only just coming into focus.

The rope now dominated his vision, following where it had led. at fist he belied it to be attached to a pet of some kind. Xzia once read that the Lesser Races kept such beasts for company, but it was attached in an awquard position, still unable to see but a black smudge his thought vanished as its height raised.

"Why have we stopped, not only is this the wrong way but you stopped, why did i have to be bound to you and your stupidity?" blurted the voice from the crystal in his arm again. "only i could have such bad luck!" it interrupted before even giving two seconds pause.

The left hand of Xzia slowly crept to his backside where his weapons were attached to his belt. sliding a left hand in quietly he griped the handle and stayed ready at all times, little it would do after the feather enchantment being drained by the powerful barrier crystal, the only reason he was even alive now.

"Be quiet" he mumbled to the spirit attached to his left arm. "I with you were drained with everything else" he murmured to himself focusing back on the closest of the new creatures. He did not like his situation. He had never even lest his home sanctuary and now he was thrust upon a situation between creatures that seemed strange to him, not fully understanding what was happening or how to act.

Vasiner
01-16-08, 10:37 PM
(May I join?)

Grass, dirt, grass, dirt, grass, dirt, rocks. You take us to some interesting places.

Biting off a reply, I tried to ignore the mocking voice in my head. What good would it do – my Ala’e was far more skillful in subtle insults and sarcasm than me. His other, unspoken comment was true as well; I was lost. I had been lost for days.

Leaving my homeland was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, but there was nothing keeping me there either, save for the familiar surroundings and a few scattered remnants of my people… and far too many of my enemies. People bound to spirits, Ala’e, like me. Masters of them.

Only theirs was probably better behaved and –

And less capable of guiding stupid people like you, dear Ele’a, the voice snapped. My eyesight, sharpened by my Ala’e’s power, suddenly failed. The world turned into a blur of shapeless colors. I tripped, landing on my face. My Ala’e laughed as I groaned. I’ve not yet discovered how to conceal my thoughts from something that shares my entire body and mind. He, on the other hand, has, and refuses to tell me even his name. He knows mine. Vasiner, though he still calls me, mockingly, Ele’a. Master.

Your favorite color is dark red, too. Now get up.

“I’ll get up when I damn well please!” I yelled, my fist slamming into the dirt before I righted myself. Again, I could see everything in clear resolution. I offered it no thanks. Seething, I marched on, hoping to find some kind of civilization, maybe another traveler – someplace different from this barren place. Something to get my Ala’e to shut up.

In mid-step, my stride jerked and I ground to a halt. “What’re you-“ my own voice choked off. What are you doing!

“Your turn to shut up." It was not my voice, but his. Deeper. Hostile. “Listen.” He turned my head sideways, and with him I heard it. Voices. Two… three, perhaps?

My Ala’e took full control of my body. I ranted at him to let me handle it, but he simply gave me a hard mental shove that almost caused me to black out. I had no choice but to let him do as he willed. My body moved carefully forward. It wasn’t long before I saw the figures. Three, then. Still far away, but with my wonderful spirit, my eyesight is better than most.

“Heeey, is that a woman?” my voice whispered. “What do you think they’re doing?”

Assaulting her. We should help.

“Yeah… yeah, you should.” My Ala’e withdrew abruptly, and I almost fell over, catching myself with one hand upon the ground. My other went to my broadsword across my back.

Be careful with that, Ele’a. Don’t want you breaking it or yourself. Who knows what you’re capable of.

I reconsidered involving myself. My Ala’e can’t survive without my body, but he might just aid in my death to spite me.

Please. Don't tempt me.

Squ
01-17-08, 04:19 AM
(of course, by all means, come and enjoy.)

The bounty hunter raised an eyebrow at the pale man’s snappy response; was he a madman? If nothing else, he was interrupting the hunter’s work. Not sure whether or not the elven-like figure had some sort of relationship with his quarry, he kept a firm stance; ready to take measures if needed. Giving a quick glance in Teefa’s direction to make sure she wasn’t trying to get away, he noticed that she was just standing there, looking like she was about to pass out. Good, he thought, concentrating on the man in front of him again.

“Look here friend; I don’t know who you are or what you want and if you don’t want to tell me, fine. But stay out of business that has nothing to do with you, alright?” The hunter’s voice was both soothing and forewarning.

Teefa –barely able to keep herself straight- tried to gather her thoughts. Stay awake, have to stay with it, she murmured to herself. It took a lot of effort to keep her body in check while focusing her mind. If only she wasn’t so frail, everything would be so much easier –oh how she wished she could be a stronger person in times like these. Although lacking stamina and physical strength, her strong will was enough to help her regain her senses, unfortunately along with the painful sensation in her arm and legs. Although Teefa disliked knives, one would be a welcome addition right now as long it could help her get rid of the infernal rope around her legs.

A sharp looking rock caught her attention and she tried to pick it up but as her body shifted forward slightly, Teefa was forced to move her leg -as much as it could- to keep her balance. The constraining rope felt like a knife cutting through her legs and the painful sting shot through her entire body. Teefa couldn’t keep herself from letting out a loud wail of pain and fell to her hands and knees.

“Take this thing off my legs!!” she cried, agonized.

ANGELxZER0
01-17-08, 05:46 AM
At that moment his eyes focused, only then did Xzia realize what was happening. He released the grip of his blade and reached into the pouch close by, passing a gem to his right hand he firmly placed the left back on the blades handle.

Clenching his fist in front of his face, holding the rare stone, he began to murmur words no one else could understand. with the little energy he had, he would have to do something, though clearly the more dominant, Xzia knew the hunter would never allow him to accompany him and most of all, he didn't want to me with someone that spoke with such little respect towards him. Runes on his body shone a brilliant blue but as soon as it had started, the display ended.

Xzia knew if he got into a fight he could not rely on his low magic so he thought of a way to best use it.

Pretending his vision had cleared, Xzia stepped forward, slowly he edged closer. "I will leave once you release my friend" spoke Xzia, he clearly didn't know her, but the constant weary look on his face made it almost impossible to tell the difference between a lie and the truth. he turned his head to the girl who was in reality only just coming into focus. "you know better than to leave like that, i was worried a-about you" his breathing became faster and more irregular as he gotten closer to the male.

Squ
01-17-08, 11:40 AM
As the pale man moved in closer, the hunter narrowed his eyes and adjusted his stance to a more defensive one. Having noticed the pale stranger chanting strange words and not mention glow, he expected hostile action –more so as the man proclaimed himself as a friend of his ‘catch’ that wasn’t at all pleased to see her this position.

“That’s as far as you go!” the hunter growled, holding out his left hand in front of him while demonstratively placing his right on a whip strapped on his belt. “This woman –your friend- is a runaway and is to be taken back to her homeland in order to be reunited with her family. Make no mistake; I’ll do whatever necesary to see to it that it happens. I will fulfill my duties--”

Teefa looked up at the pale man who had just posed at her friend. The painful expression on her face changed to a sad look. She realized there wasn’t much he could do to help her with her predicament, save resorting to violence –the last thing she wanted.
The hunter finished his sentence “--as a retriever.”

When the last word reached Teefa’s ears. She gasped and blinked in disbelief. Surely she must’ve misheard that. But no, it was all too real; Retriever –it echoed a couple of times in her head. Would her family really go to this extent? Sending in an elite to catch her? Hiring bounty hunters was one thing, but this—this was simply overkill. Teefa figured that her parents must’ve spared no expenses whatsoever to get her back.

Knowing full well what she was dealing with, she felt need to surrender unless she wanted her ‘friend’ to pay the ultimate price for her foolishness.

Just as she was about to call out to both of the men in order to get their attention, Teefa noticed something in the corner of her eye: Far in the distance, someone was standing, possibly observing the scene. Oh no, she thought, worried that more people could get involved. She figured she had to act quickly.

“I won’t run away anymore, but can either one of you please take this thing off me? It’s really hurting my legs.” She spoke in a soft, appealing manner.

Teefa had selected her words and tone of voice carefully, hoping it would relieve some of the tension between the retriever and the helping stranger. Almost holding her breath, she waited for what would happen next.

Vasiner
01-17-08, 12:44 PM
Okay, I have a plan. Ready?

“Yes.” I straightened myself and allowed my consciousness to fall back, allowing my Ala’e to surface. It was like sinking into a dark abyss, and from a distance I felt the normal green of my eyes shift to the Ala’e’s black.

Voluntary control was different than forced control. I could feel everything just as clearly, see everything just as clearly, and if I wanted to, control my own body whenever I wanted. Think of it as collaboration. When my mind and his are combined, not separated as they usually are.

I sheathed my sword as I strode forward, stepping easily over rocks with barely a sound. I walked differently like this – more a march than anything else. My leather armor seemed to hiss as I quickly approached the trio, and I didn’t hesitate as my voice raised itself, deep and foreign and strong. I guess my Ala’e liked to sound intimidating. It wasn’t always a good idea.

What? You don’t rust me? Just watch.

“It seems we have ourselves a predicament here,” I called, directing my voice towards the hunter. I smiled, easily and calmly. The first step to charisma: smile and stay calm. I was nervous; my Ala’e was not, and I sank deeper into myself as he came within mere feet of the little group. My arms crossed loosely over my chest.

“Surely, this doesn’t need to come to violence… unless one of us insists.” I pointed at my sword, suspended over my back, the hilt visible over my shoulder. I slowly sauntered over to the girl, eyes roaming over the rope binding her. “Let’s be reasonable.” I spun around to face the hunter. “You… are looking for someone, yes? This isn’t her. Come on, take a look.” I tilted my head toward her and winked at the hunter. “You see?”

What… what are you doing? This is your plan?

Shut up. This is fun.

ANGELxZER0
01-17-08, 01:26 PM
Xzia stood slouched slightly, legs shifted apart and eyes narrowed. his right hand with the gem in the palm slammed the blade creating a short small white flash, Xzia let go and stood tall once more.

Xzia's gaze shifted over to the new person, thinking of how he could aid his guise, again his left hand left the safety of his sword and entered his pouch, keeping his hand behind himself mumbling to himself as attention was diverted from himself. he suppressed his runes glowing but his magic still cast, just barely, he had nothing else to give in the ways of sorcery but he hoped it would be enough.

Pulling his hand from behind his back, it appeared as if he held nothing. his eyes focused, gaze fixing to the girl he had proclaimed friends with. "sorry" he mumbled. Swinging his arm with all his energy the invisible crystal flew through the air hitting his 'Friend' Just above the ropes, he had to throw it at some power to make it reach her but was lucky that it did. To everyone par himself, her appearance seemingly changed, the 'Invisible' gem lay on the floor looking like an ordinary stone, even if destroyed, its effect of manipulating appearance subtly, would stay for five minutes.
(Sorry I made it hit you without fail.)

The gem worked by creating a magical barrier around someone this barrier displayed someone else, but copying there body perfectly. the barrier was extreamly weak so mostly over looked.

"if someone wants to leave a place, it is of there own free will, bedsides, she is old enough to do so. if she insist on giving in then i can play no part in stopping her, as i said, it is her choice." smiled Xzia as he tried to attract the hunters attention for a brief moment as the stone altered her display.

Squ
01-18-08, 09:29 AM
As feared, the person, far in the distance, made an approach to the scene. He walked like he was some sort of patrol guard. It appeared to be a tall man with black hair and a big sword he carried on his back. When he was in close enough range he began to speak, addressing the Retriever in a calm and friendly fashion. Deep down inside, Teefa hoped he was a local law enforcer as it would provide some slack in the current situation.

Somehow, this person seemed to be fully aware of what was going on; judging from his ability to deduct who was responsible for Teefa’s constraints by only addressing the Retriever and paying no heed to the pale man whatsoever. Judging from what he said and seemed to know, Teefa began to assume that this newest stranger had some sort of involvement in the whole situation.

Speaking in a manner that seemed rather playful –almost taunting, the man walked over to Teefa and inspected the rope. Then, he made the most unusual remark; that she wasn’t the right person the Retriever was looking for. By saying this, it added to Teefa’s assumption that he and the retriever knew each other.

While wondering about everything, Teefa suddenly felt something hit her and bounce off her chest. The thing caught her eye and appeared to be a small stone. As it fell, it blended with rest of the rocky surface of the road. ‘What on earth?’

The Retriever, clearly annoyed by the interference of yet another interloper, had taken the whip from his belt “Alright, I’ve had enough of this circus!” he snarled, an angry frown decorating his forehead “this girl is coming with me, so stay out of my way and don’t try anything to stop me!”

As the pale man spoke some words, diverting the Retrievers attention to him, Teefa noticed a strange aura began to envelop her. “Now what?” she whispered.

Done with words, the angered hunter turned back to Teefa but halted after his first step. The angry look on his face transformed into a bewildered one. With a raised eyebrow and a slightly dropping jaw, he shifted his head forward, trying to grasp what he was seeing.

“What the--?!”

Teefa looked back; equally surprised from the way he stared at her. First turning her head, then moving her eyes to look if something was behind her, she saw there was nothing. The Retriever wasn’t looking at the man with the sword either –no, he was clearly looking straight at her. Is there something on my face? She wondered while touching her cheek with her fingertips.

“Um—“

(I wasn't exactly sure about what to make of this 'barrier' effect, so I'll leave a further description up to any of you.)

ANGELxZER0
01-18-08, 11:34 AM
The changes caused by the barrier showing faulse images were subtle but had made her look like acompleatly different person. The barrier itself had no signs of even being there, the weak magic trace commonly overlooked as a collection f like, like insects.

Xzia waited and stared at the retriever, grasping the blade he thrust the gem in earlier. "Well...." Xzia proclaimed, ready for a fight, the adrenalin pumping through his blood made his state recover to normal quicker, It would still be a few minuted before he was up to full strength, even then, who knows how long the rush will last.

"Haze your haze dissolved yet? were you so blinded by rage, or so set on your target that you would capture the nearest innocent that resembles them?" said Xzia with the same worn expression he wore through there encounter. "I ask that you untangle my friend and be on your way." he continued still with a firm grip on the lightened blade.

I have done all I can, I hope to Cresca of the moon that this works, do not fail me newcomer. Xzia thought to himself, scared for his newly proclaimed friends life he would do anything at this moment, with no way to return to his home he didn't have much else to carry on for....If, somehow they made it through, he would do all he could to create new ties to the mortal plain.

(Cresca is a god of his religion, said to be the mother of there whole race)

Vasiner
01-18-08, 11:52 PM
My body retained its relaxed posture, as if there was nothing unusual going on. As I attempted to puzzle out the situation, my Ala’e guided my eyes slowly around. Magic – at least what likely was magic – had been cast about the woman. Presumably by this other man. Either way, to the hunter no longer had his intended victim, but another person.

There’s something strange about him, my Ala’e said to me, as that very man insisted upon the hunter. At least we know for sure he’s… well, on our side. Now let’s see if this predator has a sense of honor.

Wait – hey!

“I don’t think this needs further explanation,” I said. My tone was still smooth, still flawlessly polite. Almost compassionate. As if such a feeling could exist for my Ala’e. “This lady is certainly not yours. Am I wrong?”

I suddenly found myself stepping forward, drawing one of my iron knives strapped to my arm. I held it out hilt first and added a quick gesture towards the man who had, I assumed, cast such a disguising spell. “It is as he said. Please, do the honor of cutting the lady free. If need be, as a law enforcer – “

You? Ha!

Shut up, Ele’a!

“ – I’ll help you find whom you’re really searching for.” Another charismatic smile followed up my ridiculous display of false authority and I turned broadside to him, presenting a vulnerable back.

Needless to say, I was unnerved.

You hand him a weapon and then expose yourself? What are you thinking?!

Will you calm down? The silent voice was patronizing. Only someone who truly believes what he’s saying would be so stupid as we’re being now. We’re supposed to think we’re telling the truth, yes? So calm down.

And if it doesn't work?

Then we draw our sword, gut him, and run. Personally I hope he tries it. Laughter. Ah well.

Feed The Machine
01-20-08, 04:23 PM
(I hope I have described the terrain accurately. If there are any misunderstandings on my part, please let me know.)

The Bladesinger’s sunken shoulders, morose countenance, and casual kicking of loose stones along the rocky pathways of the island that was quite some distance from Scara Brae, were all observed by Royal, his fellow soldier and close friend. He’d been paying close attention to Galyl ever since they’d arrived. Very few words left the mouth of the Galoriand, and his eyes drifted off into the clouds frequently as if enslaved in a state of daydreaming. Royal Halberd was a forthright individual, but possessed a quick temper that’d often got him into trouble back at the Bladesinger’s Guild. However, Galyl had been the only person that didn’t ignite his anger so quickly since he considered the Red Forest resident to be a true friend among all of the pompous warriors that saturated the Anibrilith training facility. Therefore, in true friend fashion, the human soldier grabbed the Galoriand by the collar of his emerald colored cloak and punched him right in the face.

Halberd was very strong naturally, but possessed an insane work ethic which took his already great strength to new heights. Galyl cried out in pain as his body spun aerially and crashed into the base of a rocky cliff upon an inclining path. “What did you do that for!?” The words weren’t even entirely understandable since they’d been stated among incoherent cries agony. Royal didn’t say anything initially, but instead walked over to his friend and kicked him in the stomach!

“Why are you behaving like a depressed and lonely housewife? Ever since we got back from Scara Brae, you’ve been in this emotional funk! Was it not you that dragged me out here all the way from Raiaera just to have a good time!? And was it not you that raved about the food and festivities that Queen Valeena’s city had to offer!? You even went on about the beauty of the women here!!”

The mention of the word ‘women’ drowned Galyl even further in his state of depression. Halberd, being a perceptive man contorted his face quizzically. “Wait a minute, is all this about a woman?” Royal’s anger abated yet was replaced by comical puzzlement. He and Galyl shared everything, so he was well aware of the fact that Galyl had never been with a woman before, nor had he ever been around many women to even have an opportunity to let such romantic passion flare. The Galoriand didn’t respond to Royal’s inquiry, but his silence gave his human comrade a lucid answer.

“Who is this broad? Is she that drop-dead gorgeous?”

Galyl exposed a wide smile, obviously thinking about her. “I first saw here when we arrived here, actually. When we were walking down one of these pathways, I saw a woman with long flowing brown hair. She wore an elegant white dress that complimented her raw and pure beauty.”

“What? How did I miss that!?” Royal questioned, whipping his head around in random directions as if the woman would be close enough by for him to observe.

“You miss a lot of things, you dense meathead!” The white skinned Bladesinger sprung up from the ground and roundhouse kicked Halberd right in the jaw, returning the favor. Royal also cried out in pain, but quickly laughed afterward.

“Now there is the Galyl I know,” Putting his arm around him, Royal smiled. “Let’s get out of here. We only rented that airship for a day and its going to take some time to get back to Alerar. You know how the drows are. God forbid you’re just a minute late on returning one of their precious airship and they charge you an additional 300 gold pieces!!”

As the two walked throughout the grassy and mountains island, they’d forgotten how far they’d parked. “Man, it’s much easier coming down this mountain than ascending it!” Royal complained, using his massive sword as a walking stick as he grew tired. However, he didn’t get a response from Galyl. Shifting his eyes toward his odd looking counterpart, he saw a shocked expression on his face.

“Royal, look ahead! It’s…it’s the girl with the white dress and she’s in trouble!” The Galoriand pushed his ally into a patch of bushes and then hopped in himself.

“Who are those guys!? Did you see lurking around here before?”

“Not at all! When I last saw her, she was by herself! We have to help her!”

The human grinned, listening to Galyl. He’d been antsy the entire trip, having not gotten the chance to exercise his blade. The two friends looked at each other and nodded their head. Then with great speed, they leapt out of the bushes and dashed toward the beautiful woman’s aggressors with Royal’s eyes set on the black haired, gauntlet wearing assailant, and Galyl’s on the large tribal looking one. Their swords were then swung viciously.

Squ
01-21-08, 06:20 AM
(Sorry I couldn't post any work during the weekend.)

(Just to remind everyone that the event takes place on a grassy hillside with a rocky path near the coast of the Island ^^)

Not comprehending the situation, the Retriever rubbed between his eyes with his thumb and fingers. After shaking his head he once again laid eyes on Teefa –or rather, someone that wasn’t her. He wondered if he had indeed mistaken this ‘girl’ for the one he was after. He pondered the situation. To his surprise the man with the black hair handed him a knife, asking him to cut the rope around Teefa’s legs. Hesitant, he cautiously looked over the knife before taking it.

I’ll play along for now, the retriever thought. He figured that if this was some sort of trick, he would be able to find out; and if so, he would be able to catch her when she was alone again. Mistake or no mistake, he never failed to catch his ‘fish’ –and, as with fishing, it’s all a matter of patience.

“Alright” the Retriever said to the man with the sword, nodding his head once “I’ll cut loose this girl.”

Yes! Teefa cheered within. Finally! She thought, looking up the heavens, thanking the gods. Not knowing exactly how it turned out to be like this, she didn’t care –not only was she going to be released, but it seemed like she was going to get away from a Retriever of all things. Miracles do happen, she thought and a careful smile appeared on her lips.

“Now what?” the Retriever muttered, rubbing the side of his temples, conveying his exasperation.

“Eh?”

Everyone turned to the direction the Retriever was facing and from a very short distance, two more men came rushing to the in their direction. Was it more people that had come to Teefa’s aid? To her it didn’t really seem to matter anymore as she was so close to having her legs free. To her, things were just getting absurd.

The charging men swung their blades furiously and it seemed that they had had their focus on the black-haired man with the big sword and the Retriever –who, despite the incoming attack, remained calm and readied their guard, holding on their weapons.

Whoosh

With tremendous speed, one of the charging men –an elf- swung his blade viciously at the Retriever who still managed to skillfully evade the speedy move. He ducked away, rolled and recovered quickly back to his feet. As four people were now engaged in a battle, Teefa knew that this could only end in one way if someone wasn’t going to act--

“PLEASE STOP!!” Teefa shouted as loud as she could before cringing together, closing her eyes. “Please…” she pleaded softly, hoping her words would carry enough strength to reach everyone’s ears.

The Retriever twirled his whip and swung it with lightning speed. As the tip retracted, only a few inches in front of the attacker’s face, it snapped with a loud crack –a move that would make any normal man flinch.

“Stay back! Or you’ll regret it!” he growled, twirling his whip again.

ANGELxZER0
01-21-08, 11:25 AM
(ok, from a distance she looks like the girl he saw but up close due to my spell she looks like someone else, ok?)

Xzia knew better to engage, The new arrivals were nothing to do with him and if he did join, it would most likely be against the elf. His race had a long history longer than the elves, early legends say that the elves were outcasts from his race, sent to the surface to live away from everyone else. because of this. Those of the neon race, even the some what kind hearted Xzia felt hate towards them.

Takeing this new interruption into consideration, Xzia began to move away from the opponents, he didn't want to be struck down by a stray swing, as he moved away he moved round, strafing his way around to his proclaimed friend.

Damn scum, how dare his like ruin such a good plan, I will not try to aid her escape, it will make her and myself suspicious, however, if somehow the scum managed to bring the female to the hunters attention, i will have no choice. thought Xzia to himself as he strafed around the engaged taking much longer at a slower pace than he imagined.

The crystal on his arm had been surprising quiet the past few moments, that was highly unusual. taking a quick glance down he saw a crack across the surface of the jewel. broken...though he thanked for the silence, right now he had nothing, not even his annoying companion.

half way to his destination, Xzia felt the pain return, his movement slowed almost to a halt. No longer relaxed his body started to react to his previous fall from the mountain. No more mana to use without falling into a sudden sleep, Xzia continued to his destination, half the speed, twice the effot.

Vasiner
01-21-08, 06:48 PM
At first I thought things were getting better. The woman would be free, then I would be able to get on my way. Then, as the gods willed it, the situation escalated and just got worse. I started as two men crashed out of the bushes, and I felt my Ala’e’s anger burn through me.

Our fused minds twisted, and it felt as though my head had split straight down the middle. Our thoughts separated, our consciousnesses splitting apart. I lost feeling in my body as my eyes blazed onyx black as my Ala’e rose in full power, seizing absolute control over my body.

It wasn’t me he was very interested in protecting, just my body. Still, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t appreciate it.

I ducked low under one of the men’s swords, the edge missing me by a hair – in fact, it managed to trim away the tips of a few stray bangs. This in itself was enough to enrage my Ala’e, and my voice was no longer polite or smooth, but raw, harsh, and cruel. I, only a witness to my actions, watched myself straighten, seething with power my Ala’e ached to unleash

“How dare you threaten me!” my voice yelled, almost screaming. My hand seized the sword at my back, and with a yank, the broadsword was free. Ele’a! Brace yourself!

Then my Ala’e did what I hated most.

The Ala’e has the power to gather his essence together, compressing it within his host – me – and then unleashing it in a powerful blast. It was like an invisible force that covered a certain distance, burning those that were struck by it. With less effort, it was a fair warning to stay back, sending ripples of shockwaves across flesh. It took my strength, and what’s more, it took a lot of it. Last time my Ala’e used it three times in a row, I was tired for days.

The surge he sent felt like a firm shove, enough to stop a strong man in his tracks. It was instanteous, and I wasn’t prepared. I almost blacked out. Ignoring me completely, my Ala’e pointed the tip of my sword at one of the strangers as I backed up a few steps. I was fairly certain I looked rather intimidating. If there’s anything my Ala’e is good at, it’s looking like a villain.

You’re damn right. Be grateful. “Come on and swing that blade at me again,” I hissed at my attacker. “Come on, try it. Try it, bastard!”

Do you want to kill me?!

You’d be better off, wouldn’t you?

Squ
01-23-08, 02:52 AM
(Oh yes, of course, Teefa’s image had changed. It would indeed make things plausible to assume that the ‘illusion’ is less affective at long distances.)
---

Apparently Teefa’s pleas had little to no effect. The men were fiercely engaged in combat, all except for one, the pale man. He was moving away from the battle-scene, slowly and stealthily, in Teefa’s direction who was sitting on the ground. She had huddled herself up, face buried between her arms. It was not surprising to see her like this: washed-out and beside herself –who wouldn’t be in her situation?

Teefa didn’t like it at all; men fighting, especially if she was the reason for it. Since she was pacifistic by nature, witnessing the display of raw aggression really saddened her. There was just nothing she could do other than to begging them to stop and even then…
Tears rolled over her cheek. Teefa never cried much in her life, but today’s events were definitely reason enough to.

---
(Sorry for keeping it short today ^^ I’m waiting for the fighters to make their next move.)

Feed The Machine
01-23-08, 09:36 PM
The shrieking outcry of the beautiful white dressed woman halted Galyl, just before the whip of the large tribal fellow could slap and slash across the Bladesinger’s face. Royal had also stopped, but had taken the full brunt of an invisible blast coming directly from the black haired mercenary looking individual. His armor cracked and then shattered upon being thrown back into a nearby tree, but that didn’t deter him. “Okay you jerk! That’s how you want to play!?” Royal extended his hands and began chanting a phrase in the elven language. But when Galyl heard these notes he called out to his ally with great urgency.

“Royal, stop it right now! Didn’t you hear the woman!?” The Galoriand sounded like a reprimanding paternal figure, which was something that his good friend was not used to. Nevertheless, the human Bladesinger obeyed, sheathing his sword and dropping his hands.

“You catch feelings for some random broad and you turn all hero-like,” Halberd plopped down by the tree he’d been blasted into and crossed his arms. “What a friggin’ sap!”

The Obsidian Spire resident had heard every word Royal uttered by paid him no mind. Instead he looked at the woman with a countenance of pure concern. “These men were trying to attack you. As Bladesingers from the land of Raiaera, we vow to protect the innocent and all of those in need,” His eyes turned menacing when he shifted them toward the assailant that’d almost lashed him across the face with his whip. “Whenever and wherever possible!”

Galyl noticed another man, pale in complexion that seemed to simply be observing. Astonishingly, the chaos that amounted didn’t seem to shake in up at all. “A quiet-type. Is he their leader?” Basic combat training made note of such individuals that kept their cool no matter the situation. They were often regarded as strong, and worthy of even the strongest warrior’s caution. For all the Galoriand knew, this man possessing crystal blue eyes could’ve had the power to wipe him and Royal off the face of the map instantly.

Not a move was made. Instead, the horned Bladesinger simply turned back to the damsel offering up his sincerest apology. Doing that wouldn’t save her from her attackers, but at least it would calm her down.

ANGELxZER0
01-24-08, 05:03 AM
"It was a misunderstanding" smoothly spoke Xzia, he looked at one then turned to face the other "Instead of charging into a situation swinging your weapons like children, learn to look. you would have seen her being set free" Xzia was annoyed but still cautiously moving towards Teefa. His slowed speed allowed him to only travel half of the remaining distance.

Looking towards Teefa, Xzia smiled but as he did, stumbled slightly, his feet shuffled and going into a short dash gaining him more distance he fell to his knees from fatigue. an arm length away from his goal he gushed down on the ground to pick himself up, but it was no use.

Xzia thought to himself, without looking he knew that he probably had mosts attention, it was not intended and he dare not look up, apart from maybe at Teefa. from his crouched position he erased his gaze from the floor and directed it towards Teefa, it wasn't a look of kindness like the previous but a look of fear. too many things had been added to the equation and Xzia saw no way out. He was sure that the retriever would attack.

"w..well, this isn't quite what i had.....hoped for" he said to teefa softly but with heavy breathing before his neck came limp again and he gazed at the floor.

Vasiner
01-24-08, 05:37 AM
Slowly, I lowered my sword, my eyes refusing to leave my attacker. My body took a few steps back, already weighted with a fatigue that my Ala’e failed to acknowledge. Why did he have to use his powers?

Would you rather have us killed?

Well, they obviously aren’t evil, are they!

Like either of us could think about it before a sword point. My Ala’e pointed an approving look at the blue-eyed man, whose words, I must admit, were well-spoken, especially before the now-distressed lady. Heheh. Our leader, hm?

I turned towards the retriever, promptly ignoring the other men to their business. “I believe there’s not much more to see here, eh?” I grinned, the tip of my broadsword grazing the earth. One moment I appeared, certainly, strong and steadfast… until, without warning, I suddenly stumbled in place.

Ala’e…

Don’t you dare collapse now! Are you this weak?

Squ
01-24-08, 07:53 AM
As the sounds of skirmishing men suddenly came to a halt, Teefa looked up. It appeared that her plea made them come to their senses after all. She ceased her quiet sobbing and wiped away her tears. The pale man got her attention first since he was closest. He didn’t look so good and stumbled to his knees. Looking at Teefa, he told her quietly that he regretted things didn’t work out as he had hoped.

With the pale man’s strength visibly waning, Teefa felt compelled to help him.

“Please, can someone just cut me loose? I won’t go anywhere, but this man here is in need of help. If you will let me, I will tend to him and we can settle our disputes afterwards –please?”

The look in Teefa’s eyes conveyed her sincerity and her words were honest to both the trained and untrained ear.

The Retriever, realizing he was outnumbered, calculated the situation. If he was to establish whether he was wrong or right about the girl, he would have to avoid further confrontation and retreat so that he could try to acquire his target when conditions were more favorable.

Holding out his hands, motioning for everyone to stay calm -especially the black haired man, he took slow and careful steps towards Teefa. Crouching down at her legs, he finally removed the bola.

“Thank you” Teefa said in her soft voice as she rose up “I thank all of you.”

Walking somewhat unsteadily as the blood in her legs began circulating again; she moved over to the crouched down, pale man and placed her hand on his back. After a few seconds a warm glow emitted from her hand as she was channeling her healing powers.

“I will give you some of my life’s energy” she whispered to Xzia “you will feel better in a few seconds. Just act like you are still exhausted when I am done” she added, implying to keep the ruse going.

Everyone stood motionless, watching and probably wondering what Teefa was doing.

Teefa concealed the emitting light from her hand as much as possible from the others, as the spell was taking its effect; she began to feel weary –as always when using her powers.

A deep thought invaded her mind.

I never realized that my actions would endanger the lives of others. If someone were to die because of me, I would never forgive myself… Oh if only today was just a bad dream… Then--

---
(I started writing my part before you put up your post, Vasiner. In effect, I could only make a small change in this part, but I'll be sure to put up something that involves you more in my next part ^^)

ANGELxZER0
01-24-08, 09:25 AM
Tilting his head towards Teefa, Xzia smiled "i sure am an annoyance to you. if my count is right this is the fith time you've kept me going." he joked, attempting to not only lighten the mood but keep the guise in motion. as energy seemed to return to him he straightened up. turning his whole body to face Teefa.

"not once have I really shown my gratitude, and for that I'm sorry." as Xzia said that he moved himself closer to Teefa, placing his hand on the one that healed him and moving his other over her shoulder and his head followed suit, making sure his arm covered his much he whispered to Teefa with his eyes closed. "I wouldn't use your abilities, remember, your not you.......Oh, It's Xzia by the way, Xzia Chaosblade."

Keeping close but slowly parting from the hug that to his race showed great appreciation, affection or respect towards someone.

There is still a chance i can help at least one person, Though of a "lesser race" i will do my best, they show no prejudiced against me, i shall return in kind. thought Xzia to himself, his eyes quickly scanning over all in the gathered group and finally resting on Teefa. an unintentional smile came to his face. raised to hate the lesser races, he found it funny to be so close to one.

(I shouldent have killed my gem off. I could have a longer post)

Squ
01-25-08, 03:46 AM
Taking her time to gather her thoughts, Teefa slowly inhaled and exhaled breaths of air, her eyes were half closed. Although feeling weak, she was glad to see that Xzia was revitalized.

“It’s alright… I don’t… care about myself when others are hurt…” Teefa whispered to Xzia, she forced the words between her breathing. Staggering, she grabbed hold of his arm, preventing herself from falling on the ground.

The Retriever who caught a glimpse of what just happened, narrowed his eyes, and without anyone noticing, a sly smirk appeared on his face. As thoughts crossed his mind, he nodded for himself.

“I’m sure you people can handle the rest of your issues among yourselves. As for me, I have no more reason to be here so I’ll be on my way” the Retriever said while strapping his weapons back onto his belt. He didn’t look anyone in the eye but turned around and started walking away.

“Wait!” Teefa shouted, still holding on to Xzia for support.

“What is it?” the Retriever asked as he halted, looking over his shoulder.

“Thank you….”

Everyone shifted their eyes over to the Retriever, expecting him say something or at least nod to her, instead, he just stood still for a moment before he continued to walk away.

Teefa lowered her head, dominated by fatigue. Her hand was now on Xzia’s shoulder as she strained herself to keep straight. She sure could use some rest, and from the looks of it, so did the other men, especially the black haired man with the big sword.

“I- I’m… very grateful…” Teefa barely managed to utter her words of thanks to the other strangers that had come to help her. “You have… my… sincerest—“

Xzia quickly caught Teefa in his arms as she had finally fallen unconscious.

Feed The Machine
01-27-08, 12:49 AM
Galyl found himself utterly baffled at the recent turn of events. The beautiful maiden that’d captured his heart possessed extraordinary healing powers, in which she used to save the life of the person who he thought was the leader of the two assailants. Yet the only fellow that sought to do harm to the woman apparently, was the large man the tribal markings. “And he just….leaves?” It was all astoundingly suspicious as far as the Galoriand Bladesinger was concerned. No mercenary simply left his marked target in the manner that this individual did.

Shifting eyes toward Royal, Galyl could see that the look on his comrade’s face showed that he carried the same sentiments. Neither of the soldiers though said a word to one another about it.

“Milady, I want to apologize for my previous behavior,” The peculiar elf turned his attention to the woman and kneeled before her to meet her at eye level. She didn’t look well as her last ditch effort to save the pale faced man seemed to have sapped a considerable amount of energy from her. Yet before the woman could respond, she fell unconscious. Galyl grasped her hand gently in spite of this. His heart thumped harder.

Lifting his head and setting his sights on the man that'd she just saved moments ago, a friendly smile crept upon his face. “My name is…Galyl Galoriand and that gentlemen way over there is Royal Halberd. We are Bladesingers from the land of Raiaera. If there is anything that we can do to help you, please let us know.”

Now turning and eye over to the black haired mercenary whom both he and Royal wrongly accused, the olive haired soldier sighed, rose up, and walked over to him. Motioning for Halberd to come along as well, Galyl extended his hand and nudged Royal to do the same. “We also owe and apology to you. We thought that you were an assailant. Such a mistake is uncharacteristic of Bladesingers which is why we offer a hand of friendship.”

The two warriors kept their hands extended, hoping that the mercenary would forgive their mistake.

ANGELxZER0
01-27-08, 05:31 AM
taken a moment, he shifted Teefa into a position that freed one of Xzia's hands. Reaching to his blade, he removed the enchanted gem and simply placed it on here forehead, the gem gave her a brief silver glow before taking effect, making her as light as air. "I hope you don't mind." Xzia smiled, talking to himself.

With his blades enchant he easily carried Teefa, he took only a few paces forward before crouching back to the ground picking up a small rock, in his hand it turned to a gem similar to the one he had just placed on Teefa, Xzia placed the gem just below the other, both gems staying attached at any angle.

"Where is the closest place i can lay her to rest?" he said as he rose up, his eyes passing Royal and Vasiner. Delicately he held Teefa comfortable. though she didn't realize what was happening he was still doing his best as if she were awake. Dispite his lack of aggression towards them, Galyl seemed invisible to Xzia. His eyes began to look for the closest place, as he focused in on sounds his long strong ears had heard. waiting for the other "two" to reply.

Vasiner
01-27-08, 06:38 AM
You are embarrassing! my Ala’e raged at me, distracting me even further from focusing on what was going on. Can’t you even stand up straight! What’s wrong with you! Can’t you handle even one spirit surge? Weakling!

I attempted to regain my composure, sheathing my sword with as much energy as I could muster even as the lady was freed by her apparent hunter. And though she fell unconscious moments after, she was now safely in the presence of a trustworthy protector. That pale man with the blue eyes… and, I guess, the other two who had suddenly appeared. At least there was one good thing that had come out of this mess.

I found myself staring at the two outstretched hands of the aforementioned two. Finally an understanding of sorts. Yet my arm felt heavy even as I tried to raise it.

Don’t be pathetic – you know what? Handle it yourself! You’ve got to learn to take care of your own damn body!

The sharpness of my vision fell into a blur of indistinguishable colors in the same instant that my Ala’e’s black eyes collapsed into my usual green. I couldn’t even see the offered hands anymore. I withdrew mine and dug into my tunic, flicking open my glasses. My eyesight improved only slightly when I settled them over my nose.

“Friendship… yeah… sounds good,” I mumbled. I winced. My voice, much higher than my Ala’e’s deep tone, probably wasn’t so “mercenary” anymore. “Can you… can you… just leave me alone…? I want to… sleep…”

I fell over.

Yeah, you go and do that. Sweet dreams, Ele’a.

Squ
01-28-08, 04:39 AM
Having found a secluded spot, the Retriever rested himself against the trunk of a tree. Leaning back, he rubbed his forehead. There’s no doubt in my mind. That was the ‘o Riviera girl. He stared as he conjured up a plan to capture his target. I can already see the rewards once I deliver her to the syndicate.

A memory flashed through his mind.

“Her name is Teefa Kalestiya 'o Riviera, and yes you heard it right: Marcellus' daughter.”

“I guess it figures; a rich and spoiled kid with parents too caught up in their business to keep her in check.”

“Her motives for running away actually had something to do with an arranged marriage; something Marcellus and his wife cooked up in order to get more leverage into the upper classes. A silly plan if you ask me. Anyway, it wouldn’t have been such an interesting contract if it weren’t for the fact that she is… special.”

“Special?”

“Yes, special. There are some that have a particular interest in this girl and therefore it is of the utmost importance that you succeed in tracking her down and bring her to us.”

“Understood”

“Capture her by any means necessary but do make sure she stays alive… oh and Ghunter..."

“Yes?”

“I’ve sent the others as well; I thought I should let you know.”

“I see… That’s a lot of resources for just one girl. It just seems a little--”

“This isn’t your ordinary run-of-the-mill target we’re talking about here. Retrieving her has top priority.”

“Very well. I will find this ‘o Riviera girl and deliver her here as soon as possible. Are there any leads on her last whereabouts?

“None whatsoever, but I’m sure you’ll manage to find out something, as you always do.”

Rising from the ground, the Retriever known as Ghunter cracked his neck and knuckles. “Right, miss ‘o Riviera, it looks like I found you first, and you’re not getting away from me sweetheart” he said to himself “I’ll just trail you long enough until you’re all alone, and then—“

Ghunter slapped his hands together as if he caught a bug.

Unaware that she was being tended to by the people who saved her, Teefa was still lying unconscious. Xzia held on to her while asking the others where to lay her to rest. The ones who had introduced themselves as Galyl and Royal were busy offering their apologies to the black haired man who –just like Teefa- succumbed to his fatigue.

With two people in need of some serious rest, it became apparent that going to the nearest town would be the best idea, the nearest being the port town of Scara Brea.

Squ
01-30-08, 03:02 AM
(Making a bit of a jump, hoping everyone is okay with it. I’ll just assume that everyone or at least some of you stayed together. This is an opportunity to either wrap up your part or continue on with me).
=-=

Sunlight of the late afternoon shone with an orange glow through the window of a small room. From outside, various sounds and voices of traders and dockworkers could be heard. As the wooden ceiling blurred into vision, Teefa’s thoughts began to gather. Lying still, she blinked her eyes a couple of times, not fully aware she was in a room yet. With everything falling into place, she quickly sat up straight and peered around the room.

Where am I? Why am I here? The last thing I can remember—

Teefa reconstructed the events in her mind and as she did, she slowly realized that she must’ve passed out at some point and that someone must’ve brought her here. Looking around one more time to make sure nobody was in the room with her, she shifted her body to sit on the edge of the bed. A brief moan escaped her lips. Carefully moving her arm, she noticed that someone had bandaged it.

In the corner of the room there was a small wooden chair against which her staff was resting. Her other possessions were neatly stacked on the chair itself, including her dress –washed and folded together. Teefa blushed when she came to realize that she was only in her underwear and that someone had to have seen her like this. Worried that anyone might come in through the door, she quickly got herself decent. Just as she tied the ribbon of her belt, a knock sounded on the door.

“Who is it?” Teefa asked in her startled moment, turning to face to door.

ANGELxZER0
01-30-08, 12:24 PM
"finally up i see" Xzia remarked in a polite fashion. "don't push yourself too hard, you wasted alot of energy back then." he added standing still waiting for a reply. He was the one that carried her, with the eventual help of the others he was directed to this place. he didn't feel right just leaving and didn't intend to any time soon.

As he waited he stretched his body wide. His upper garments were being drying after recently being washed, leaving him topless but he still wore his gloves boots and trousers. Teefa's rest had given him time to re enchant his gems, his gloves for summoning weapons, his forehead to keep his hair in place, his chest to magically protect his clothes. The runes all around his body appeared to surge as his power re configured throughout him.

Since there arrival he had not had a moments rest, on edge at all times, he suspected something wasn't right and took it upon himself to keep watch. using his own coin to pay for rooms in a moderate inn he took it for granted, he had found them close to his crash site and thought to enchant the mineral at a later time. he began to pace around quietly thinking to himself of the possibilities of the hunter escaping.

If he went in such a manor he is sure to return, maybe with others and then i don't know if i can help.

he looked at the door

why do i feel a strange attachment to this 'Lesser' being, i feel a need to protect them.

he breathed heavily as if letting his swirling thoughts flow free. "gah" he muttered to himself unable to stop the rush of thinking, he stood simply staring at the door.

Squ
01-31-08, 04:37 AM
As Xzia opened the door and stepped into the room, Teefa slowly relaxed although her face was painted with an inquisitive expression. Her eyes were following Xzia as he paced through the room, talking to her. Although not really sure what to say, she decided to express her relief.

“It did take a lot out of me… but, I am glad to see you are well” she answered in her shy, soft voice. Averting her eyes, she tried not to blush, but failed. Was it him that—

No, Teefa didn’t want to think about anything too much right now and gently shook her head. She shifted her gaze back to Xzia, gaving him a warm smile.

“Your name is Xzia, right? Mine’s Teefa. I am truly grateful to you… for helping me. If it was not for you and the others, I don’t know what would have become of me. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.” Teefa bowed graciously as she spoke the words. The look in her eyes was more than enough proof of her sincerity.

Feeling a bit more comfortable, Teefa sat down on the bed again, placing her hands beside her along the edge. She stared at the man whose complexion was always pale. Although she barely knew him, she considered him a friend—something he proclaimed to be during his little act. Maybe it was true from the moment he said it, she thought.

It looks like he's preoccupied with something, I wonder what it is.

“What are you thinking about?”

ANGELxZER0
01-31-08, 05:26 AM
Xzia paused in pondering to himself turning to face Teefa, with the same warm smile he had received he bowed his head in gratitude.

"Yes, my name is Xzia Chaosblade. I am thankful you are all right and i thank you for your kind words but i do not believe it is over."

His face grew more dim with each word, shifting his eyes for he didn't want to upset Teefa. Turning his whole body he stood as the runes decided to flare, a briliant white light traveled around the lines on his body. his scarf could be seen around his waist barely trailing off the ground yet its brilliant white was untainted.

For a reason unknown to him, he tried his hardest to not worry his friend

Should i have told her such speculation?

"However....I promise i will try my best to protect you" said Xzia softly as the smile returned to his face, his eyes locking on Teefa once more. his heart became faster, harder beats, with each beat a small mana flare was sent around the runes, barely visable, bu Xzia knew it was there.

"Should I leave you be for now?" He asked, not wanting to intrude for too long.

Squ
01-31-08, 07:24 AM
Listening to Xzia’s words, Teefa was slightly overcome with what he said. He would protect me? Hearing those words made her feel important, something she didn’t consider herself to be. Although she was happy to know that someone would look after her, she was concerned that he would needlessly put his life in danger.

“Thank you…” she whispered softly.

Thinking about what would be the best thing to do; Teefa figured it would be a good idea by starting to give her new friend an explanation. After all, he got himself involved with her problems.

“You are right about what you said… It isn’t over. I’m being pursued by a Retriever, an elite kind of bounty hunter from my homeland. From what I know about them, they will stop at nothing to reach their goals. Make no mistake; though they may seem like ordinary mercenaries or bounty hunters, every single one of them is more capable than a small army. Their exploits are legendary, but so are their prices. They are usually only hired by the royal family or high officials.”

Teefa’s gaze met with Xzia’s ice blue eyes. “You must probably be wondering why one would be after me…” she said, averting her eyes again “I will tell you…”

Taking a moment to prepare her story, she took a few deep breaths.

“I come from a rich and influential family, a family that was always too caught up in obtaining more power and more wealth. I never really cared much about it. And if it wasn’t for one of the maids that spent time with me, I would’ve been very lonely.”

A sad look in Teefa’s eyes made it obvious that the story was difficult to tell.

“Then, on one of my birthdays, my parents –without me knowing it- announced to a room full of guests that I was to be married to some rich man’s son, needless to say that I was shocked. I wasn’t ready for romantic involvement let alone marriage. When I tried to explain this to my parents, they didn’t listen; I was to get married, period.”

Teefa closed her eyes, and squeezed her hands. Recalling all those memories wasn’t easy as she had done her best to forget about her past, yet she felt compelled to tell her story to Xzia.

“It was then that I decided to run away from home. Although it may have been a selfish act, I couldn’t live with the idea of marrying someone I didn’t love. My parents didn’t care about my feelings; they only wanted to use me so that they could have better ties with high society groups. By running away, I foiled their plans” Teefa chuckled, as if she was proud of her little act of rebellion. “I guess they were so upset that they decided to send a Retriever after me… And now, after three years, he has finally managed to track me down…”

Xzia, after listening to Teefa's story, wondered what he could do to help her. He asked her if she perhaps wanted some time for herself.

“No its okay, I’ll be fine. Unless you have to take care of some of your own business, I’d prefer some company right now” Teefa answered, her voice grew softer with each word as a result of her shyness.

Feed The Machine
01-31-08, 11:55 AM
Opening his eyes to the tranquil scenery of a quiet, less congested part of the city of Scara Brae, Galyl yawned feeling refreshed. He only managed to get an hour of sleep, but the excitement and joy that raced throughout his body supplied him with more than enough energy for the day. The Galoriand had awakened on top of the roof to the inn that the pale-faced warrior had generously paid for. Yet it wasn’t a random corner of the roof, but rather the area in which was directly above the beautiful brunette’s resting quarters. Some could’ve viewed his actions as stalking, but Galyl knew that it was anything but that….sort of.

The woman had been through so much in the last several hours that he wanted to do everything he could to watch over her. As a Bladesinger that was his duty, his job, his passion. Yet with the Galoriand, more was personally involved with regard to wanting to sleep on the roof just above the woman’s room. He’d never before felt this way about a woman, desiring to get closer to her. He’d spent most of his life under the high scrutiny of Hiomir, his first disciplinarian and teacher, which never really left time for girls. But that developed nerves, fear, and timidity when he finally did enter a stage of his life where he was around them more.

Royal often encouraged him to talk to woman but it never happened. However, for some reason he found himself with the courage necessary to approach this one.

Carefully hanging over the edge, the young elven soldier peaked down to see if the lady was awake. “She’s probably still sleep since it’s still……” Yet much to his surprise, not only was she awake, the pale faced warrior was there talking to her alone, and in her room!

A strange sensation washed over him.

“Is this…..jealousy?” Galyl gave himself little time to think about it, for nearly on instinct he shot a root out of his hand and opened the window. A subtle warm breeze mixed with the woman’s aroma hit his nostrils. Clinging the root to the windowsill, Galyl swung into the bedroom in hero-style fashion.

“I’m…sorry to intrude, but I heard a…voice,” The Galoriand stumbled a tad over his words, rubbing his head in unison with a soft smile which was something that he often did when nervous or embarrassed. “After all you’ve been through, I would hate for something awful to happen to you on my watch.”

The Bladesinger hoped that the woman would get the hint that he stayed up on the rooftop all night. But regardless, he awarded himself an opportunity to speak with her and be within her company, even if the blue-eyed, silver haired gentleman was present. The only hard part left was finding something to say. After all, outside of war, strife, battles, and all other sorts of calamities, Galyl was completely clueless.

Vasiner
01-31-08, 08:52 PM
I woke up in a surprisingly comfortable fashion – it had been much too long since I had ever slept in a bed. Sitting up, I swung my legs over the side and carefully analyzed my body, testing my muscles with subtle flexing and indiscernible motions.

We’re fine, no thanks to you, my Ala’e’s voice popped up annoyingly. Despite its words, it still sounded sleepy, having just woken up. I guess spirits sleep after all.

Not waiting for him to take on the role of my dead mother, I got up, finding my sword resting against one of the four elegantly crafted bedposts. Seizing it and slinging it over my back, I strode out of the room at my Ala’e’s incessant prompting.

Hey, look there. The little lady’s got soooo many friends, it laughed. Apparently, no thanks to you. That blue-eyed squeak over there, showed you up, didn’t he –

“Oh, fuck you.”

Time and place?

I didn’t bother speaking to them. I wasn’t needed – she obviously had more than enough protection, and after all… I had my own problems to solve. Thus, I soon slipped out of the inn and was back on the road. In the wilderness… although truthfully, I was not really alone.

I always had my spirit with me.

[exit: Ele'a Vasiner Ra' Ala'e]

Squ
02-01-08, 04:40 AM
(thanks for having been a part of it, Vasiner, hope to see you again someday)
=-=

A gust of wind came from the window as an elven man came in through it. Teefa recognized him as one of the swordsmen that came to her aid. As her initial amazement faded, she began to wonder why he wouldn’t just take the door instead of coming through the window. Maybe it was an elven thing.

“Um, hi…” she greeted, waving her hand.

“I’m…sorry to intrude, but I heard a…voice,” the elf started “After all you’ve been through, I would hate for something awful to happen to you on my watch.”

“Oh, I see” Teefa smiled “Thank you kindly for your vigilance. But as you can see, I am in no trouble. My friend Xzia and I were just having a small conversation” she chuckled.

Teefa curtsied as she voiced her gratitude; she figured that not only Xzia but also this elven figure had decided to watch over her. At first she felt uncomfortable with the idea, but quickly accepted it. She wondered what she had done in order for complete strangers to want to protect her. She then remembered the stories read to her as a child by her maid, stories of heroic men valiantly rushing to a beautiful maiden’s aid, saving her from her perils. Although it was flattering, Teefa was too modest to consider herself beautiful. She quickly discarded her thoughts and focused her attention back to the elven man.

“I do not recall your name, may I inquire for it?” she asked politely “mine is Teefa” she added before the elf could answer, holding her hand against her chest.

ANGELxZER0
02-01-08, 07:57 AM
Xzia listened to Teefas story with great interest, as she got deeper into the story he could tell she was troubled by it and looked to offor comfort, he gently raised his arm and placed his hand on teefa's upper arm, softly keeping it in motion as his eyes fixated on hers.

Xzias ears twitched as he heard something from outside, he quickly reached into his pouch for a previously enchanted stone and he drew out a jet black, onyx stone, fused with the power of darkness it would restrain the target and remove there visibility.

as the intruder burst through the open window Xzia quickly pointed the jewel towards the elf but quickly realized who it was, he had half a mind to still use it on him, simply for his own amusement. his other hand came off of Teefa's arm and had a feint blue aura around it. his runes flared brightly and he steped forward to be right beside Teefa.

Xzia's brow frowned his stare at the elf the same color of his eyes, Ice cold. thought he would like nothing more than to take the attention away from the elf he didn't want to seem rude in front of his friend so instead he waited in silence and not interrupting like he had done to them.

Damn elf, I must remove him from the picture, he is too large a threat, one with no such strategy like himself would get us all killed if i gave him half a chance.

His brow returned to normal as his focus fixed on Teefa, a smile came to his face instead of the dark on that he had worn as he glared at the elf.

Squ
02-01-08, 09:27 AM
Meanwhile, near the town entrance…

Good, it seems like one of them already separated himself from the group, Ghunter grinned as his eyes followed the black haired warrior leaving town. Counting on his fingers, he determined that he would have to deal with three more men before he could get to his target.

A young boy passed by, kicking around a leather ball. As the Retriever noticed him, he called to him.

“Hey kid, come here”

The boy looked around, then pointed at himself “me, sir?”

“Yeah, you.”

The boy reluctantly approached Ghunter, but stopped, leaving a comfortable distance between the two. He picked up the leather ball and held it under his arm.

“What is it?”

“Tell me, have you seen a young woman, about this tall?” Ghunter held his hand to match Teefa’s height “She has long brown hair, wears a white dress, and looks kinda pretty.”

The boy pondered for a moment before remembering something.

“Yes, I have seen this lady, I remember because she was being carried by a tall man with funny ears.”

“Good, I assume you also know where she was brought under?”

“They took her into one of the inns near the repair docks.”

“Alright kid, if you can do something for me, I'll give you some coin...”

Feed The Machine
02-02-08, 03:54 PM
“Beautiful, graceful, and polite….” Galyl was in a daze, mesmerized by the angel faced Teefa. Her captivating emerald eyes drew him subtly into a paradise, where all the elven Bladesinger saw was valleys dressed with fields and fields of breathtaking flowerbeds where of course, he and Teefa strolled through.

A chuckle broke free from the Galoriand’s mouth, which made him realize that he’d stared off into space. “Oh! My name? Yes my name! I’m Galyl Galoriand!” The boy’s right hand instinctively raised upward in the direction of his forehead as he prepared to salute. Realizing the foolishness of this however, he quickly curtailed that motion, dropping to one knee and grabbing her hand.

It was at this precise time that Royal stormed into the room. “Galyl? Galyl! There you are! I thought you’d fallen off the,” The human soldier set his caramel colored eyes on his friend, shocked at what he was seeing. “Already Galyl!? You just met the broad…err….I mean girl!”

“N..no it’s not what it looks like!” The elf didn’t know what to say since he didn’t entirely know why he did what he did either. Clearly though, his anxiety fueled all of this.

Immediately letting Teefa’s hand go, Galyl shot up to his feet. “Teefa, I didn’t mean to…..um…you see I was just trying to……” The Obsidian Spire native froze, feeling the pressure of the awkward situation that he found himself in. Therefore, in complete panic he uttered the first thing that came to his mind.

“You’re beauty is unlike anything I’ve ever seen!”

There was silence.

Galyl’s eyes were wide open, baffled as to how he could’ve blatantly said something like that. Although very true, he recognized that Teefa was a shy, passive woman and knew that it was highly probable that she would view him now as some womanizing lecher. Royal, having watched every bit of this juicy drama, erupted in laughter.

“Way to go Galyl! Real smooth!!”

Squ
02-02-08, 11:22 PM
(oww boy... just what Teefa needs, hahaha!)

“Your beauty is unlike anything I’ve ever seen!”

Right after Galyl had spoken the words, Teefa was struck with perplexity. Blinking her eyes, she couldn’t immediately form any thoughts in her head other than Galyl’s words echoing in her mind. A man making a promise to protect her was one thing but a man telling how he thought about her was a completely different thing.

Galyl’s friend, who was watching this ‘cutesy’ scene, burst into laughter.
“Way to go Galyl! Real smooth!!”

Blushing heavily, Teefa faced away. Wh-what is he saying?

Although Teefa was not unfamiliar with men complimenting her, never was it this sudden or this forward. If someone would make subtle advances towards her, she would usually act like she was oblivious to the meaning behind it. But with Galyl's words however—

“I’m sorry…” She gasped out the words, apologizing for her embarrassment. Trying to face a comfortable direction, she pressed her hands against her reddened cheeks “I’m… I’m sorry…” she apologized again, not knowing what else to say. Her lack of experience with matters such as these made it difficult for her to stay composed.

Trying to sway the awkward feeling, Teefa quickly bowed to Galyl “Th-thank you for your kind words" It didn't quite come out as Teefa had hoped. She could feel the heavy beating of her heart in her throat; it almost felt as if invisible hands were choking her. Although not sure where to look, she did glance in Galyl's direction sbefore looking away again-- This repeated several times.

They must think I look so silly right now. Why am I feeling like this?

ANGELxZER0
02-03-08, 05:12 AM
Xzia stared at the elves stupidity, a grin coming to his face. His outburst didn't bother Xzia, he didn't feel that way for Teefa, his attachment could be described more a kin, brother and sister. someone he felt he had to protect. He wanted to keep the elf quiet but he felt like Teefa enjoyed the words of the fool.

"As much as his words speak true," he said to the elf and turning to face Teefa "we have more pressing things at hand. If what you have told ME is true, they will already know we are here. So, pack your things and leave, if you choose to argue with my desicion then we might as well wait." commanded Xzia, being raised as a strategist he had learn't the ways of rar, of magic and of tracking.

Xzias eyes focused on Teefa waiting for an action, occasionally shifting to the elf, he thought to himself

I cant let scum like that taint her, but from her reaction, she may already be.

Squ
02-05-08, 04:00 AM
Without knowing it, Xzia just helped Teefa with her rather awkward situation. He provided the much needed distraction with his statement of the bitter reality of the situation.

“Yes, you are right. As long as I am on this island with that Retriever, it will only be a matter of time before he finds me again” Teefa said, recovered from her embarrassment. With a frightened look in her eyes, she turned to Xzia, then Galyl and Royal “Will you help me get away from here? I really don’t want to be in that man’s clutches...”

The light in the room grew dimmer as the sun began to fall into twilight. Light from candles and torches outside projected dancing shadows on the walls.

“So, will you?” Teefa asked, looking at the men around her “I will... pay you for your trouble if needed.”

Feed The Machine
02-06-08, 01:16 AM
The pale skinned, silver haired gentleman had rubbed Galyl the wrong way from the moment he formally met him. From the instant he swooped through the window, this strange character looked at the young elf with piercing, calculating, and methodical eyes, as if he were mentally performing surgery on the Bladesinger. A chill raced down Galyl’s spine. He could almost feel the cold steel of a surgeon’s knife cutting him open, albeit without any caution. “There’s something off about this guy,” The Galoriand returned the gazes. He was much more relaxed now, having once again set his mind on the incomplete task at hand. He might’ve not liked the pale one, but his stoic comment did free him also from that awkward situation. Still, every now and then Galyl’s heart would race if happened to look into Teefa’s eyes.

“As soldiers from the land of Raiaera, you can count on Royal and I to protect you with our lives….Teefa. We will not accept any payment from you whatsoever.” The horned elf gave the traditional Bladesinger salute and elbowed Royal in the ribs, urging him to do the same. The salute was a little formal at this point, but Galyl attempted to distance himself from his personal feelings towards the beautiful Teefa as much as he possibly could. How successful that would actually be was the question however.

The olive-haired elf walked to the open window and looked out at the city. He watched below for any suspicious characters other than the tribal hunter, knowing that he wouldn’t openly reveal himself if he were in fact, still around. But Royal was a little less serious. “Hey Galyl,” He leaned in, whispering discreetly in his comrade’s ear. “I think that Teefa girl might have a little thing for ya! Did you see the way she looked at you after you told her that she was beautiful? She couldn’t stop blushing every time she looked at you!”

“Leave me alone Halberd! Now isn’t the time for that,” There was an air of solemnity about the Red Forest native, but internally he was filled with glee after hearing that. Royal was a straight shooter and Galyl knew that if his friend said something, it was most likely true. Nevertheless, he calmed himself down and closed the window.

“Since we’ll be on the move again, we’ll go get our belongings and meet you both downstairs.” Turning, Galyl and his Bladesinger companion made their way to the door. .

Squ
02-06-08, 03:49 AM
With a wonderful feeling blooming inside, Teefa’s feelings of fear and worry were replaced by excitement and confidence. She pressed her hands against her chest, one over the other. I have these valiant men looking after me now. I may actually have a chance of escaping. Thinking about it, it would be something; to escape a Retriever after being confronted with one –something that, Teefa knew, never happened before.

Teefa chuckled politely as Galyl and Royal saluted her. It was funny to watch but it did give things a more official –or rather: professional- feel to things. Thinking back at the stories told by her maid, Teefa began to picture herself as a princess, one who was being protected by heroic knights.

“Since we’ll be on the move again, we’ll go get our belongings and meet you both downstairs” Galyl said as he closed the window. Blinking her eyes, Teefa escaped her daydream and nodded to Galyl.

“Alright” she said, looking around to see the rest of her belongings were “I will make sure I have all my things and then I will see you all downstairs.”

After these words, the three men walked out of the room. Xzia decided to stay and wait in the hallway while Galyl and Royal proceeded to go downstairs. The sound of their footsteps on the wooden floor slowly faded and eventually blended with usual tavern noises. In a way, the noises made Teefa feel calm and relaxed; after all, she didn’t expect the Retriever to show up in a busy place such as this, especially with her ‘bodyguards’ around. She giggled at the concept.

After making sure she hadn’t forgotten anything, Teefa took her staff and gave a last, quick glance at the room before she walked out. It’s strange, this room made me feel like I was in my own room back home, safe and secure. Teefa left the thought behind with the room as she closed the door. Upon noticing Xzia standing against the wall, she nodded at him, letting him know she was ready to go. They both descended the stairs, joining the rest of the company downstairs.

It was really busy in the tavern section. Traders, who were spending their daily earnings on beer, were talking loudly to each other, bragging about many different things and occasionally hollering at the waitresses. The innkeeper was wiping sweat from him brow, putting plates of food and mugs of ale on the counter for the waitresses to carry around to the patrons.

A sudden bump from a passing drunk who had lost his balance, accidently pushed Teefa into Galyl's arms. As quickly as she could, she corrected her stance and immediatly faced away. The others could already guess what went through her mind. After a brief shrug, she turned to face them again.

“So, what should we do next?” she asked, trying to act as as normally as she could and hoping that there was a plan.

=-=
(sorry that I 'steered' Xzia into leaving the room as well ^^ He might've wanted to say or do something else, but I guess there is still plenty of possibilities. Just so you know I try to limit the use of other people's actions other than what would be a 'normal' reaction.)

ANGELxZER0
02-06-08, 11:46 AM
(its fine, you kept him in character so its all good)

Xzia stayed close to Teefa, glaring towards the Elf every time he made any contact with her. Xzia was very protective towards Teefa especially towards an elf. He looked towards Teefa with a smile and closed eyes before turning to look around. "We should leave here as fast as possible, somewhere quiet and not deserted" Xzia said firmly. clearly the only one with any idea of tactics.

He walked a few steps towards the door and analyzed everyone in the room with a glance. His face away from the group to hide his distrust.

Damn elf, it looks like it is to late to stop the bonds being made. somehow, i will remove them.

Xzia flicked his fingers and spread them wide, a Mana flare was sent around his runes and in there wake his shirt materialized.

His blades were missing from his attire, like he had abandoned the weapons. but two pouches were more viable now. both sealed with an enchanted gem of vast storage. Xzia reached into the left and pulled out 2 gems, both neon white.

He turned around and held them out towards Teefa, "Whatever the case, keep these with you at all times. keep them secure" he said sternly but innocently.

Squ
02-07-08, 04:15 AM
Although curious what the gems were for, Teefa simply complied with the order and took the gems in hand before safely putting them away. She figured that the others knew what to do best and that by following their instructions would greatly increase her chances of success.

“Where would that be?” Teefa asked Xzia, her voice timid. Though she barely knew more than his name, she was willing to put complete trust and faith in Xzia's judgment and leadership.

I hope we can all get through this safely; I wouldn’t want anyone to get hurt. Will it be possible? I guess as long I follow everyone’s lead, things will be okay—

Distracted from her thoughts for a moment, Teefa noticed that Xzia would occasionally glance at Galyl with an unusual look in his eye. She sensed something that wasn’t the same as when Xzia would look at her. Every now and then she would glance at Galyl herself, still wondering about what he said earlier. Not really sure what to make of everything, she decided not to give things any further thought. After all, more pressing matters were at hand and she waited patiently for the next decision to be made.

ANGELxZER0
02-07-08, 05:25 AM
As Teefa took the gems they took effect. First was an image altering gem, just like the one he had used in aid of her rescue, but it was more powerful The second was an amplifier, to keep the first working properly but also completely hides both there presence.

Xzia had made note of Teefa's new focus and for the first time he smiled at Galyl. He looked towards royal.

"where we go all depends on if you did as i asked."

Then they had first arived Xzia had asked royal to look for a spot of this nature, already planning ahead. He himself did not want to be too far from Teefa, and would not dare ask an elf for a favor.

"Whatever the case, We but at lease leave this place. In here is an opportune time to strike and anyone could overhear" Xzia stated as he walked to the entrance opening it and standing aside, keeping it open for all to walk through.

Feed The Machine
02-08-08, 10:37 PM
Despite the solemnity of the situation that Teefa and her companions were still in, the lobby, which also happened to be a tavern, happened to provide a relaxed atmosphere, with people constantly cycling in and out of the building. Men and woman came under the amber lights of the establishment, taking in the mellow vibe that the place emitted. Royal, although a hard worker, was also a partier and loved to have a good time. Such a night would’ve gotten him into a lot of trouble on regular occasions, but his stern countenance and serious attitude could not be derailed by the obstacles of drunken revelries and beautiful women.

The entire time, his eyes were locked on to Xzia Chaosblade. The reserved man reeked of secrecy and deception, which were things that the human Bladesinger despised. It was bad enough that the pale-faced warrior hadn’t even told the two soldiers his name, but rather Royal had to overhear such information back when Xzia was speaking to Teefa earlier on in the day. However, the thing that irritated Halberd the most was how he kept staring at Galyl.

“Its like he’s plotting something,” Royal squeezed the empty chalice that he had in his hand, having finished his ale not too long ago. The bartender put his hand on it, prompting the soldier to quickly cast a menacing glance in his direction.

“Hey buddy, relax. I figured you’d want a refill.” Royal’s grip released, allowing the barkeep to take possession of the goblet. His attention then turned back to Xzia.

Galyl, although being a tad suspicious of the pale-faced one as well, his mind continued to populate with thoughts of Teefa, especially when she fell into his arms. He was still rosy-cheeked, trying hard to stay relaxed. But the woman’s hair had brushed his nose, passing along its wonderful womanly fragrance. The Galoriand’s head was in the clouds but only for a brief moment, as the act of the silver haired fellow giving Teefa two shining gems dragged him out of his fantasy realm.

“Presents!?” Galyl grew hot with anger after seeing this. The pale faced one, through his stoic demeanor and habit of “sticking to the mission” wanted everyone to believe that Teefa’s safety was all that mattered to him. But the elf realized that perhaps the fellow was jealous of the connection that he and Teefa were making.

Galoriand turned to royal, giving a “thumbs up” while smiling. The smile though was erased upon the elf receiving nothing but a hardened look from his friend. “Hey, what’s wrong with you?” Galyl walked over to Royal who was some twenty feet away, and sat in a stool adjacent to him.

“Be cautious of Xzia,” Royal whispered, yet never taking his eyes of the blue eyed mystery man.

“So that’s his name,” Galyl glanced over at Chaosblade, before quickly turning back towards Royal. “Don’t worry. I’m on to him. He has feelings for Teefa and is trying to get between us.”

“If only it were that innocent. Something just isn’t right about him but I don’t know exactly what yet. He’s too calm and calculating. For all we know, he could be secretively working with that mercenary that was trying to take Teefa’s life.”

Having never thought of it from that angle, Galyl grew silent. All Bladesingers were taught to analyze everything and in this particular case it was no different. “Well if It turns out that Xzia is indeed a cohort of that tribal mercenary, then I’m glad that I can count on you to watch my back Halberd.” The elf patted his ally on the back before turning towards the bartender who’d returned with Royal’s refill.

“Can I get you something as well?”

“I think I’ll take a wat-----”
“He’ll take the hardest liquor you have!” Royal interrupted. Galyl looked on at his friend with uncertain eyes, who was returning reassuring eyes back to him.

“Fine. I suppose that works for me.”

“Way to go Galyl,” Royal exclaimed, returning the pat on the back that the elf had given him. “I know liquor really isn’t your thing, but when the bartender brings you your glass, I want to see you chug that thing!”

ANGELxZER0
02-09-08, 04:04 AM
"they seem to have no concern for your safety" Xzia said coldly. after gazing at the two now separated from Teefa and Xzia. his eyes returned to Teefa again. "I cant keep my eyes on everyone that comes in and out, and who knows, they could already be here, I said i would protect you but i fear i will fail with such company." Xzia continued on still with the door to the tavern held open.

This could be my chance, but without the extra strength, i don't know if i can protect her on my own and thats all that matters right now.

thought Xzia to himself, giving off no sign of his fears, the smiled to try and reassure Teefa but it was short lived.

"Its your choice, but if they don't hurry I suggest we leave without them, if they are in any state to help once there done." he said this with no emotion but sadly it was the truth, spending too long in a busy place with an expert hunter after you was not a good idea, and being drunk will only cause more problems than there already bound to face.

Squ
02-11-08, 03:47 AM
After the effects of the gems had been explained to Teefa, she looked at her own hand. It didn’t look that different, but she trusted that what she had been told was true; after all, it had worked before. With a confident nod, she convinced herself that it would prove effective. She smiled at Xzia whom she noticed glancing at Galyl again. Following his eyes, she saw Galyl talking to Royal –who in turn had his eyes on Xzia. Teefa began to wonder; although she wasn’t exactly sure what people would normally act like in situations such as these, she did find that there was a lack of connection between Xzia and the other two men.

"They seem to have no concern for your safety" Xzia noted, eyes on Royal and Galyl, his voice carried no emotions. He turned his gaze to Teefa, telling her that he wouldn’t be able to protect her properly in the company of the elf and human. His words clearly implied that they lacked professionalism and that they could endanger the mission. Teefa remained silent, not really sure what to think about it. She looked at Galyl, who was just given a drink by the bartender.

"It’s your choice. But if they don't hurry, I suggest we leave without them…” Xzia’s words articulated signs of waning tolerance towards Galyl and Royal but also growing concern for Teefa’s safety. The two men drinking only supported his implications.

Teefa tightened her grip on her staff, as it was clearly obvious that there was severance between her friends. Eyes shifting skyward, she wondered what would be the best course of action. After a second’s thought, she returned her eyes to Xzia.

“I think it will be okay. I am sure they are merely preparing for this in their own way” Teefa placed her hand on Xzia’s shoulder “You are concerned, I understand and I also appreciate it. But I’m positive that we have nothing to worry about right now, after all, I have these remember?” she said as she held out the gems.

Turning to her two other guardians, Teefa smiled and beckoned to them, letting them know she was ready to leave when they were. “I am sure that –if we can work together- we can accomplish a lot” She reassured Xzia with sympathy in her voice. “I trust everyone's capabilities.”

As the Bladesingers walked up to them, a delightful smile appeared on Teefa’s lips, almost as if she had forgotten the gravity of the situation. She seemed happy or maybe even excited about her little escapade. Whatever it was, the look on her face was void of fear and depression. Although the gem's effect began to make her look different, Galyl still marveled at her charm, as he imagined what that smile would look like on her normal self.

“Shall we go then?” She chuckled, further attesting her excitement.

ANGELxZER0
02-16-08, 03:16 PM
(I was Expecting FTM to post..)

Xzia stood in wait, tired and loosing his patience. Something caught the corner of his eye, the gleam of metal, one that quickly faded. A few more dotted around the room as he began t look ito it more closely. Xzia could not see through the wall of drunks and knew that they were sitting ducks at this time.

Before the bladesingers could respond Xzia walked behind Teefa and placed his hands on her arms "We must leave, they will follow if they care." Xzia began to push softly on Teefa's arms, trying to persuade her to leave the tavern for safer surroundings.

his eyes shifted all around the room, ever causios and paranoid. A squat man fell blind drunk in-front of the door, he held a bottle that smashed into hundreds of shards. the mans hand began to bleed, the glass entering his blood and tearing open his hand.

foolish scum Xzia thought to himself, exited by the sight of blood but more paranoid than before, his heart pounded as quick as his eyes shifted.

Feed The Machine
02-16-08, 04:31 PM
The eyes of the horned Bladesinger watched the slender fingers of the wily Chaosblade caress Teefa’s arms as he slyly led her through the sea of people. Galyl had just pressed the glass to his lips before dropping it in shock. “That conniving dog,” Grabbing Royal by his canary colored cape, he yanked his friend out of his seat, which in turn caused him to trip and fall into the puddle of Galyl’s spilled alcohol. “Xzia is up to something!”

The Obsidian Spire native rushed through the crowds, making his way out of the building. At this point, the Galoriand was ready to physically fight Chaosblade. He already didn’t like his smart remarks or the pompous attitude that he carried. All of it reminded him of the arrogance that Raiaeran nobles walked around with. However, his anger was quelled the instant the voice of the Machine entered his mind.

“THE PURSUER IS NEARBY. SEE TO IT THAT YOU DON’T GET YOURSELF KILLED. YOU STILL A LOT TO DO FOR ME!”

Galyl ignored the latter part of the Machine’s comment, but narrowed his eyes in caution. “Galyl, what was that for!?” Royal had just come out of the tavern at this time carrying the scent of strong ale. The green haired elf remained silent, still focused on the strong presence that the Machine allowed him to feel.

“We have to find somewhere to hide. The tribal man that we fought off is close.” The Galoriand sternly said to Teefa, Xzia, and Royal. The human soldier still didn’t know what was entirely going on, but learned to trust Galyl’s judgment when he was serious about something. Quickly, Royal withdrew his sword from his sheath and soon after, Galyl did the same. Teefa made it know that she wasn’t one for violence, but pacifism wasn’t going to send her assassin packing either. The only thing the stalker would understand would be brute force and aggression.

“You know I’ve got your back right Galoriand?” Royal mentioned, now looking in all directions like Galyl was.

“Of course. That will soon be much needed.”

Squ
02-18-08, 09:47 AM
Xzia -whose growing concern and waning patience got him on edge- urged Teefa to leave the inn. While wondering what was going on she went for the exit, carefully maneuvering herself through a pushing and shoving crowd. A drunken man, who had tripped and fallen to the ground, wounded himself on shards of broken glass. Teefa -wanting to help the man to his feet- found herself shoved outside by another group of drunkards leaving the inn. Although Teefa wanted to help the wounded man, she decided to stay outside with Xzia, afraid to lose everyone in a crowd.

A few moments later, Galyl came rushing out, agitated, followed by Royal. The look in everyone’s eyes was unnerving. Teefa looked around nervously in all directions but since the streets were still bustling with activity, it was hard to spot anything remotely suspicious. “We have to find somewhere to hide” the Galoriand said sternly, eyes and ears focused on his surroundings “The tribal man that we fought off is close.”

Royal and Galyl drew their swords, ready to fight any posing threat that might present itself. Teefa, breathing in quick, short breaths moved over to Galyl, placing her hand on his “Please let’s just get out of here; I don’t want things to end in fighting” She pleaded but Galyl was too busy staying focused on his surroundings, just like Royal.

“If we start moving now, while there is still a lot of people around, we might be able to leave the city without being seen” Teefa suggested, hoping that everyone would agree to the idea. Although uncertain, everyone eventually nodded. The group decided to blend in with the crowds and go for the nearest town exit.

With Galyl walking up front followed directly by Teefa and Royal and Xzia right behind her, they moved slowly and with their heads down, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. Teefa was praying that the gems that Xzia gave her would work, especially now. Just as she moved her hand to the little bag containing them to make sure there were secure, she felt it being yanked off her belt. As she looked down, she saw a small kid running off.

“H-hey!” she called out, stretching out her arm after the kid. Realizing she couldn’t afford to lose the gems, she decided to give chase. Royal tried to grab her arm to prevent her breaking from the group but missed by an inch.

“Damn it!”

As the young boy ran through several ill-lit alleys, Teefa did her best to keep up “Wait, there’s no money in there! Please come back!” she hollered after him “If you want money, I can give you some!” The boy ignored Teefa’s words and continued running through the network of alleyways, taking an occasional turn when reaching a intersection. Teefa began to fall behind and eventually needed to stop for a moment to catch her breath. Expecting to have lost the boy, she was rather surprised to see he had stopped as well, to face in her direction.

“Please, If it is money you want… I can give you some… but I really need that bag” Teefa panted, holding out her hand.

“You want this bag madam?”

“Yes please…”

“You’ll have to catch me if you want it” The boy giggled, hopping the bag in the air. After a slowly taking a few steps backward, he turned around to run off again.

“Wait!”

Galyl and the others were navigating through the narrow alleys and could barely see Teefa taking another turn around a corner. Just as they decided to cut her off, a cart suddenly moved in the way, blocking their passage.

“Move this damn thing out of the way!”

Not realizing that the others had fallen behind, Teefa kept chasing the young boy, hoping she could catch him. Although she had a hard time to catch up, she managed not to lose sight of him. After a few turns in the maze of passageways, Teefa finally stopped when she noticed that the young boy had reached a dead end.

“There you are… I finally caught up… with you… please don’t run away anymore…” Teefa said, out of breath “I won’t hurt you… just give me the little bag, and I’ll--“

A sudden sting in the back of her head caused Teefa to fall to her knees. The vision of the young boy blurred and rapidly faded to black. “Sweet dreams” were the last words she heard coming from a familiar voice.

As the mule finally decided to pull the large cart again, the passage was clear. The group hurried through the alley but as they reached an intersection, they didn’t know where Teefa had gone.

“Damn it, we lost her. What was she thinking?”

“Just keep looking, but don’t call out her name, we don’t want anyone else to know she's around!”

Before Royal could suggest splitting up to look for her separately, he noticed something from the corner of his eye; A young boy was walking by and didn’t notice the group as his eyes were fixed on a gold coin he was holding. From his pocket a small leather bag was sticking out. Royal nodded his head at Galyl and shifted his eyes, bringing the boy to the Galoriand’s attention.

---
(Sorry if I took a bigger leap than you might've expected, but for what I had in mind, a moment's separation was needed. I'm sure you can handle this twist ^^)

ANGELxZER0
02-18-08, 04:14 PM
Xzia didn't move after the cart had been moved, instead he began to focus. The gems still had there effect on Teefa but there were side effects, the false image was a second slower than her actual movement. A sort of backup device placed in the enchantment. Focusing his magic he was able to follow the trail to her location, he could sense her and could sense she was not alone and he was still a while off. the gem would stay in effect for around another 4 minuted before it was lost completely, plenty of time for him to follow.

'I knew those two were no good.' Xzia thought to himself as he glanced towards the 2 bladesingers before quickly darting across the main path and again down alleyways. 'I refuse to be outsmarted' he continued to converse with himself.

"The good side is, i may finally be rid of the two fools" Xzia laughed to himself navigating his way through the back streets by following the gems fading trail from the bag. Blinded by disappointment and rage Xzia stumbled more than once on some open cracks. instead of concentrating on balance he reached for more gems from his bag, grabbing a few gold coins by accident as well.

He ran while enchanting gems and coins alike with no particular effect in mind. some would explode, some would tangle and others would make flashy lights. The coins may not do anything, they were not jewels after all. Xzia closed on where he sensed the shield, a single corner away. stumbling again in his rush he fell forward, only just placing his hand on the floor to keep himself running. turning the corner and recovering from a fall, his eyes glanced at Teefa and at the tribal man.

"Doh...don't think so" Said Xzia catching his breath, he was now stood at the only exit.

Squ
02-19-08, 07:56 AM
Ghunter turned around after hearing Xzia's voice. “Him again…” he mumbled. “You won’t be able to save your lady friend this time bud; You see, I already expected one of you to show up, so I got this place prepared for the occasion.” With Teefa over his shoulder, the Retriever grabbed a rope that was tied to a hook in the ground. “I suggest you just walk away, because the next time we meet, I won’t be so friendly” he said as he cut the rope below where he was holding it. As the rope snapped, Ghunter and Teefa were hauled up into the air and the counter ballast came crashing down, Xzia had to jump back in order to prevent being crushed by it. Looking up, he could see Ghunter use his whip to swing from one balcony to another until he and Teefa were out of sight. Judging from the direction, it appeared the Retriever was heading towards the docks.

ANGELxZER0
02-19-08, 10:41 AM
"I can still sense her, I will not fail!....DAMN!" shouted Xzia to himself not havening a moment to rest. Spanning his fingers in his right hand wide and keeping his enchanted objects in his left he ran through the streets onto a main path. "It will he harder now but i can still do it" mumbled Xzia to himself, trying to focus on the magic he had created.

the gem on his right glove brightened, it was ready to preform its duties of summoning his blades to himself. when he had sighting of the man again he would summon the blade and cut through the air towards the culprit, however the docks were in sight and he could not see the man. making sure to keep out of on comers way he dashed to the start of the docks, stopping for a moment he concentrated on Teefas location

(simply cause i don't know if he is getting on a ship, is it a decoy or such i will leave it up to you where he senses him and runs too.)

Squ
02-20-08, 04:33 AM
With Teefa hanging over his shoulder, Ghunter looked back a couple of times to check if no one was on his trail. Much to his dismay he saw Xzia coming out of a street. “Alright sweetheart, I’m going to have to deal with your friend, so I’ll put you in here for now” the retriever said as he carefully slid Teefa in a large wooden barrel.

“I guess you didn’t want to take my advice” the retriever shouted to Xzia, loosening another whip from his belt, now holding one in each hand. He slowly spun them around making their ends swirled over the ground like crawling snakes. By the way he handled them; it was clear that he was skilled enough to use them and do some severe damage. One wrong move and—

Ghunter demonstratively cracked one of his whips and flung it at a rock lying on the ground. With a loud snapping sound, the rock flew straight for Xzia as it was hit by the whip’s tip. Xzia managed to dodge the projectile. His other whip was flung at a small pot; the tip instantly smashed it into tiny pieces –it was almost like the retriever was handling guns; accurate and lethal. Each whip’s length was pretty long and getting close to the wielder would seem very difficult.

“So, mr. pale-faced freak” Ghunter nearly laughed at Xzia “this is your one last chance; walk away while your legs are still able carry you or suffer the consequences.” An evil grin spread over his face as he swirled the whips over the ground again.

=-=
(Although I’m not yet experienced in RP fights, I do know that I can’t let it be an easy fight, you might want to consider a careful approach. Even with the use of special abilities, I will try to find the most plausible solution to counter it. Although I want to hint at teamwork, handle things as you initially had in mind. We’re reaching the climax, so let’s all do our best).

ANGELxZER0
02-20-08, 05:59 AM
"As much as i would like to I'm not leaving my friend" Xzia proclaimed with a laugh, and with it a silver light came from his hand in both directions the light spread before fading and revealing his blade. His blades were re-enchanted to be light as a feather making it easy for him to swing about.

The runes around his body flared to his hand, nothing seemed to happen other than a fancy show. Still a good few meters away Xzia thrust his blade down, seeming it to be a taunt but in secret it was an attack, the air he cut blasted forward with the same power of Ghunters whips, directly at him.

With the gems he placed them in a pocked on his abdomen, he kept a single gold coin in his hand.

I hope this works Xzia thought to himself.

Squ
02-20-08, 07:23 AM
As the invisible wave sliced through the air with tremendous speed, the Retriever noticed it leaving a trail of stirring dust. With a quick swing, he lashed his whip through the air, just as the tip reached the wave; the whip was pulled back, causing incredible recoil which collided with the wave. A loud bang, followed by a shockwave of dispersing wind blasted in all directions.

“Nice move whitey, but nothing I haven’t seen before. You gotta do better than that if you want to defeat me” Ghunter taunted Xzia. “Allow me to demonstrate how to properly harness wind power.”

Upon stating his words, the Retriever moved his right hand to his left shoulder before lashing his whip down diagonally with great force and –immediately after- did the same thing with his left hand.

“Sylphien V-hash!!” Ghunter exclaimed as two large, visible blasts of air in a V-like formation sped towards Xzia. They looked like snakes made out of white wind, ready to obliterate everything in their path. An unfortunate bird that was in its path was reduced to a few feathers as the blast sheared through it.

Go ahead and dodge… Ghunter grinned, keeping his eyes on Xzia.

ANGELxZER0
02-20-08, 11:16 AM
Xzia paused and stared at the collums of wind, he clearly underestimated the hunter. still his focus returned and he thought of a way past it. un-summoning his blade he passed the gold coin to his right hand and t his left to reach for for a previous enchanted stone.

With a grin, Xzia through the stone down, a block of earth rose from the ground and instead of being square it was triangular. The air split and went to each side of Xzia before quickly fading off.

"ok, I admit your good but I will still save my friend." The pillar crumbled and Xzia through the single gold coin towards the hunter.

I know how to beat him, i just need a chance. if only those damn fooled were here to distract him. Xzia thought to himself cultivating a plan in his mind.

Feed The Machine
02-21-08, 04:24 PM
Royal trailed Galyl throughout the alleyways of the city of Scara Brae and halted when his ally came to a sudden stop. “What is it?” Royal’s eyebrows rose, unsure of his friend’s decision.
The Galoriand didn’t show any bit of emotion, yet simply turned and eye to his companion. “He’s here.”

The human Bladesinger gripped his weapon tightly, knowing that a battle with the Retriever was eminent. He’d been itching to use his blade in a constructive manner ever since they’d originally come to the island. The initial attack that they sprung on Xzia, the tribal fellow, and the black haired mercenary had been a start, but that confrontation had been curtailed due to the wailing and terrified Teefa. But this time, she was clearly in the clutches of her kidnapper and thus violence and brutality would be the only thing that would free her from captivity.

Yet to simply barge in and attack such a skilled adversary would be foolish. “Royal, I can feel the presence of Teefa, the tribal assassin, and Chaosblade all close together,” The elf hugged the wall of a residential establishment, making sure that all noise was cut to a minimum. Royal did the same, and although he couldn’t sense people’s presence like Galyl now could, the clashing of steel, as well as the supernatural destruction that came with it could be heard close by. “To fight that mercenary head on would only result in a us losing our lives.”

“So what do you think we should do?”

“You’re good with song magic, so it’s time to use it.” Before Royal could respond, Galyl advanced forward some thirty feet and peaked his head around the corner of another home. He saw the arms and legs of Teefa sticking out of a wooden barrel. Pieces of her dress had snagged onto loose and rusted nails, which in turn entangled her to some degree. It was hard for the elven Bladesinger to see her in such a way, but he had to remain calm.

Motioning for Halberd to come, the human quietly made his way towards Galyl. “Aglarlin magic is your specialty so here is what I want you to do,” The Galoriand whispered, as Royal listened closely. “Provide Xzia with a magical boost and then enchant my blade with the power of wind.”

Royal had a look of complete shock on his face as to Galyl’s first request. Nothing about Xzia pleased him. “Why him!? We should just let him get killed by that merc!”

“No, he’s been fairing pretty well against him, so we need him to continue to occupy this Retriever. But anyway, let’s get started. I’m counting on you!” Wasting no further time, Galyl dashed down the alley, heading towards the battle, while Royal stayed put and commenced singing a tune.

Galyl stopped about midway into the alley and looked up. “If I scale this building then maybe I could—” Shooting out a root, he swung and climbed his way to the roof. “The enemy is clearly in sight……” Then, with a mighty wave of his sword, a heavy gust of wind blasted downward toward the retriever. Having once before killed a man, the Galoriand let the windblast go with all intent of delivering a deathblow. Such a move could’ve possibly put a wedge in between him and Teefa, but how she felt about violence was of no concern at this point. She had to be saved by any means necessary.

Squ
02-22-08, 06:19 AM
“Looks like I got you on defense” Ghunter jested with a smirk. He kept his whips in constant motion, their tips tapping the ground after each swirl of the rope; it almost seemed as if they were alive, like rattlesnakes. Ghunter kept his eyes fixed on Xzia’s movements. When a small object was cast in his direction –a golden coin- he quickly lashed out his whip. Upon impact with the tip, the coin was deflected as it whistled through the air. There was no doubt it that anything else pitched at the retriever would be repelled in the same manner.

“Why don’t you come closer, and use your sword or whatever?” Ghunter suggested tauntingly, clearly amused by Xzia’s display of feeble aggression “I’m sure you’ll do better with a blade than to just throw stuff like a little kid” he continued, occasionally cracking one of his whips. “Let me give you a small warning though, I’ve been using these babies ever since I was 10 and I've never missed to strike my target, so if you wanna come at me you better be damn fast.”

With the Retriever and Xzia engaged in combat and their attention set on each other, Galyl was able to move unnoticed on the rooftop. After thinking about Teefa, he focused his mind an unleashed a furious wave of wind energy from his blade, aimed directly at Ghunter. The heavy blast moved at near sub-sonic speed and almost immediately fulfilled its purpose from the moment it left the Bladesinger’s blade.

A split second before the destructive force of Galyl’s attack hit its target; the Retriever had detected the minor variation in the airflow. Realizing it was too late to dodge, he quickly crossed his arms in front of his face, bent his knees and tightened all his muscles. Upon catching the full blast with his body an enormous cloud of dust was stirred up, resulting from the huge shockwave. Judging from the intensity of the blast and it being a direct hit, it seemed very unlikely someone could’ve survived such a thing. Galyl and Xzia remained calm however, not allowing their guard down.

As the dust settled, the Retriever’s silhouette appeared; He was still alive and still standing although he was pretty battered up. His arms were covered by small lines of blood as they sustained most of the damage. His legs were staggering slightly as the Retriever tried to maintain his posture.

When the Retriever lowered his arms, revealing his face, he had the look of a madman in his yes. Aiming his furious gaze towards the rooftops, directly at Galyl, he tore the Bladesinger apart limb from limb in his mind.

“You—“ Ghunter started growling, showing his teeth.

As his anger began to build up, he suddenly noticed that he his left arm was feeling numb. Looking to his side he found it dangling and unable to move it. The whip he wielded with his left hand was lying next to him on the ground. Still able to use his right arm, he tightened his grip on his other whip. Ghunter quickly began to calculate the situation.

This is just great. Not only did I allow that rotten Elf to get one on me, now I can’t even use my left arm. I’m not down yet. I can still handle them. I’ll have to distract one while I quickly dispose of the other.

“Don’t think for a moment that you have an advantage!” Ghunter snarled suddenly while he lashed at a piece of wood. As the whip’s cord wrapped itself around the wood, Ghunter retracted his whip and aimed its swing directly at Galyl. Once the whip’s cord extended to its full length, the wooden piece was flung towards Galyl’s face.

One

Like a leopard that detected its prey, the Retriever charged toward Xzia while throwing back his arm in preparation for his next whiplash. As he flung his arm, the cord of the whip glided through the air like a serpent. With lightning speed, the whip wrapped itself around Xzia’s ankle.

Two

Before Xzia could react, he felt his left leg being pulled away from under him. It would be a half a second before he would fall onto his back. If he would fall, Xzia knew the Retriever would reel him in like a fish...

Three…

=-=
(FTM, I chose for your blast to hit rather than being countered, of course because of this I couldn't let it kill Ghunter in this way, instead he was battered heavily.)
(Xzia, I made the whip wrap around your ankle in succes, hope you don't mind, I'm new to this kind of thing.)

ANGELxZER0
02-22-08, 07:41 AM
"Bad move!" smirked Xzia as he let the whip wrap around his ankle. He quickly summoned both his blades and with a flare of his runes they charged with electricity. As Xzia felt the whip tighten his grin grew wider, this was the moment that decided it all. the hunter was away from his other whip so had no back up.

Firmly placing his foot on the ground he struggled to keep it there, he placed his left blade in the air and the tip of his right blade on the base. he began to run the blades together creating a strong electrical current. at the same time his right blade cut across the whip. It was now tense, the moment he had been waiting for, any other time and the blade would have been warped in the whip.

The blade cut through with ease removing a good distance off it but at the same time he sent a current along the whip. Due to the material of the whip it couldest travel through it so it traveled over it. The electricity rushed to the hunter, not even someone as skilled as himself can beat the speed of lightning. It may not have been strong enough to hurt kill anyone but at the very least it would paralyze them.

The hunters body all tensed causing him to fall to the floor. With the hunter at least out for a moment Xzia turned his attention to Teefa all else left his mind, he remembered her talking about them and how there would be more now, Xzia rushed to the barrel she was cradled in. He glanced around for any others that would try and separate them again, when he saw none he began to lift her out gently.

A loud whistle could be heard from the closest 2 exits, on each side of the dock. such actions in a town would not go un-noticed. 5 Knights from each side came around the corner complicating the situation more. Few stayed on that edge of the dock but some nosey onlookers still watched.

Xzia slipped down a narrow branch of the dock between two ships with Teefa in his arms. staying low and quiet he kept his eyes to the main platform and his back to the water.

The knights saw but the tribal man disabled on the floor, still very much alive. some broken rock and debris surrounding the area.

"You there? Is everything all right? what is your name? what happened here?" asked one of the knights getting close to the man.

(Well there really is only one reaction you can take when struck by electricity so i hope you don't mind what i did, PM me if you wish anythng changed)

Squ
02-22-08, 09:44 AM
(Interesting in how you used your ‘spark’ skill, I didn’t anticipate that, so it is only natural that the Retriever didn’t count on it either. The knights however kinda complicate things for me, but I’ll see what I can do with them, leave everything as it is.)
=-=

Heavily dazed, Ghunter rose up from the ground. While swaying left and right, he held his right hand against his forehead while his vision adjusted. When things started to come into focus, he noticed that several peacekeeping knights had gathered around him.

“Are you okay?” inquired one of the knights, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

Half ignoring the knights, the Retriever looked where he last saw Xzia, but only saw some curious bystanders. Then, as he looked up, he established that Galyl was also gone from his spot on the roof. Turning around, he stumbled in the direction of the barrel where he had put Teefa.

“Hold it!” the knight commanded “explain to us what happened here!”

Still groggy, Ghunter turned around again; one of his eyes was twitching. “A couple of elves attacked me, that’s what happened!” he grunted “a pale faced freak and a green haired weirdo they—Jus’ look at what they did to my arm” Ghunter said, holding up his bloodied left arm “you should pay more attention at what you allow to roam in this town!” he sputtered.

The knights looked at each other; their foreman nodded at the Retriever “I see. I will have my men look for these ‘elves’ and once we find them we will further sort this out at headquarters. I assume they are still in the vicinity?”

“They have to be, I can still smell them.”

“In the meantime, why don’t you come with me and have someone take a look at those wounds?”

“No! ... Eh… I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me. Right now I have important work to do and I can’t afford to waste any time.”

“Are you sure? I mean, that doesn’t look like a wound that should be left untreated.”

“I said I’ll be fine, alright?" Ghunter snarled.

Although unconvinced, the foreman nodded at Ghunter before motioning his arm in several directions, quietly indicating where he wanted his men to look. “Don’t leave town until we find these elves or until I tell you to, you got that?” the foreman said, eyeing the Retriever over one more time before following one of his men -- As the Foreman was at some distance, he tapped one of his men on the shoulder "Keep an eye on that fellow for, I don't quite trust him."

Dragging his feet over the ground, Ghunter moved towards the barrel again. As he looked inside, he gritted his teeth as it showed up empty. Taking a deep breath, he leaned against a large wooden crate, allowing himself to recover while scanning the rooftops for suspicious movement. Damn those rotten elves and their cunning little tricks. I can’t believe they’re getting the better of me. I should’ve killed them in the fields. Maybe I should’ve killed off the girl as well... Damn it all!

Ghunter shook his head as he began to remember his assignment; he was to deliver Teefa unharmed. Cursing his luck, he decided to start searching for her again. Not wanting to raise any more suspicion, he moved stealthily along stacked crates while carefully watching where the knights were doing their own search. He had to find Teefa –and whoever was with her- before they did, else there would be a lot more explaining to do.

=-=
(I sort of used the knights to the Retriever’s advantage, hope you will be able to cope. It’s going to be an interesting situation from this point on but I expect good solutions. I’m going to give FTM some time to do his part now. Also, feel free to ‘bunny’ Teefa or the Retriever (i.e. take a bit of control of their actions) if that helps you develop your part of the story better.)

ANGELxZER0
02-27-08, 12:12 PM
(FTM doesn't seem to want to post so I will.)

With the guards coming closer Xzia was a sitting duck, He couldn't swim never mind with Teefa in his arms. a chill was sent up his spine, he took slow steps ever back till the edge. almost falling backwards Xzia managed to stable himself but only just. As he looked behind him to see how he would have fallen.

A small rowing boat floated beside the dock, slowly moving with the current. "could it be the elf released this up the way? no that is beyond his mental capacity however..." Xzia was interrupted by footsteps on wooden planks getting louder.

Facing the only entrance he stepped back into the boat, keeping it steady with his leg, he placed Teefa softly in the boat, almost tipping it.

"Nothing here!" called a guard moving past the entrance he paused for a moment to see a large wave crashed against the dock. He continued onward looking down more branches.

The boat floated along the way rocking side to side, the wind pushed it along. it twisted and turned slowly moving towards the end of the dock. "Looks like I'm safe after all, what can i do now" Xzia looked at Teefa. "I must protect her and i cant count on those two, now is my chance to run, but where could i run too?"

Xzia shook his head as he drifted to the edge of the dock, some grassland lay, once beached he stood and looked around, A gust of wind forcefully blasted past him as he took Teefa from the boat, some loose sand flew in his face almost falling backwards. Kicking the boat into the water.

Feed The Machine
02-27-08, 08:55 PM
Galyl stepped back toward the middle of the roof and crouched low. The fact that the fighting had attracted the eyes of the local residents was bad enough, but when the sound of clanking metal roared through the streets, everything began to take a turn for the worst. The tribal mercenary was a sly one, opting to play the sympathy card in order to avert suspicion and sic the dogs of authority on us. However, the young Bladesinger wasn’t fazed by the foolish attempt. He’d been to Scara Brae several times prior and established relationships with Queen Valeena, as well as the soldiers that served under her.

The Galoriand scaled back down the roof skillfully and landed softly on the street of an alleyway. He didn’t hear the soft tune of a Raiaeran song, so he assumed that Royal fled in response to the advancing soldiers. However, upon rounding the corner he witnessed several of Scara Brae’s armored men with blades pointed at the back of the human’s neck as his face was forcefully pressed the squalid back street. “Galyl! Get these guys off of me!!!” The canary cape partially muffled Halberd’s words, for through the tussle it’s wrapped several times around his neck, thus leaving the remaining cloth jammed in his face.

With the outburst, the men raised their heads and set menacing eyes upon the horned elf. Galyl didn’t say anything at first, yet rather occupied his mind with the thought of withdrawing his claymore in the event that things turned sour. But, their twisted and battle hardened faces turned soft when they realized just who was standing before them. “Galyl?” The armed men looked at the young Raiaeran’s protrusions. “Ah, so you must be Galyl Galoriand! The Queen speaks a great deal about you!”

The hostility had quickly drained out of the atmosphere. Aggressive men became passive which prompted threatening blades to show Royal mercy and retreat to their scabbards. The soldiers that’d held the human Bladesinger down all migrated toward Galyl. “What kind of crap is this?” Halberd rose to his feet and dusted himself off before moving close to the outskirts of the uniformed circle that formed around his ally.

“Oh does she really,” That familiar nervous smile came across the Galoriand’s face once again. He was surprised and quite flattered that such a high-class figure would speak of his in such a way. But while elation was certainly produced from his revelation, Galyl knew that Teefa was still in danger. “Well, I’m overjoyed to hear that! I wish I had time to see her but as you can see, there has been quite a disturbance in these parts.”

“Indeed. We came across a rather beat up man who said that two elves did it.” The men hadn’t recognized that the Retriever was referring to Galyl, simply because he did not provide detailed information describing the Bladesinger. There were many elves that roamed throughout the city of Scara Brae. The generic description the mercenary provided would not even come close to properly identifying the Galoriand.

Now while Galyl could’ve let the conversation carry on into an endless game of matching proper identities, he slightly raised his hand. “The man you’re talking about is referring to me,” Royal was floored. He looked at his companion with a puzzled expression, completely lost as to why Galyl would give himself away so easily. The armed soldiers also shared this bafflement, but it slowly turned to seriousness as each man reached for his sword. “However….he is a mercenary with a pension for kidnapping women. Before you all arrived, my partner Royal and I were fighting in the defense of one of his victims. We got him pretty good, so naturally when the authorities show up, he was going to put on a song and dance for you all.”

The men dropped their hand to their side, abandoning the idea of unsheathing their blades. There was a hint of doubt, but because Galyl had aided Scara Braean government before, and was highly regarded by the Queen, they believed him.

“I knew that guy was up to no good,” One of the soldiers yelled, breaking free of the group. “That tribal mercenary reeks of suspicion! Everyone, be on your guard!”

The soldiers broke off into groups and flooded the streets in order to search for the Retriever. Galyl and Royal followed along as if part of the team. “Since when are you a star in Scara Brae?” The human Bladesinger said to him, running through the streets in the pack of Scara Braean soldiers like wolves.

“Heh, since the last time I was here.” The Galoriand smiled. He hadn’t yet told his friend about his adventures in this land, but only raving about its beauty. When all of this was over though, he planned to have a long talk with him about it over a drink.

Squ
02-28-08, 09:26 AM
Ghunter, still hiding behind crates and barrels, was contemplating his next move while he was observing the activity on the docks, every now and then turning his eyes to places where someone could hide. As the movement of a larger party caught his attention, he could see several knights –followed by Galyl and his human friend- running out of a side street. Ghunter grinned, thinking the elf was caught but the pleased expression on his face soon changed into a puzzled frown when he noticed that the knights were being friendly with Galyl. Ghunter slammed his fist against wooden crate as he realized his ploy had failed. To make matters worse, it very likely that the elf had informed the knights about him; Things were getting messy –again. “Tch… I guess I have no choice but to lay low again” Ghunter muttered quietly to himself, slowly moving further away from the scene. I’ll find her again, and when I do, I’ll wait for a perfect moment...

The knight that was appointed to observe his movements saw the Retriever disappear behind a building and decided to follow him. As the turned around the corner of the building he found the Retriever stood in wait right in front of him. “Thought I didn’t notice you eh?” Ghunter smirked as he knocked out the knight with a quick punch. After dragging the knight to a secluded spot, the Retriever crouched down, an evil grin appearing on his face—

~*~

Moaning softly, Teefa slowly opened her eyes and –as things came into focus- found herself looking at Xzia who was holding her in his arms. Moving her half closed eyes left and right, she tried to recall how she came to be in this particular position. While her whole body felt numb, she was able to move her lips yet no words could come out.

Xzia, noticing Teefa finally regaining consciousness, asked her if she would be able to stand. Teefa could only blink her eyes a few times before resting her head against Xzia’s chest, staring down, feeling helpless.

Slowly yet surely, Teefa began to recall the last thing she could remember; leaving the inn… chasing a small boy into an ally… being knocked on her head—was it ‘him’? If so, then where is he now? And what happened to the others? More and more questions formed in Teefa’s head, but she would have to wait for the answers until her strength returned.

_

ANGELxZER0
02-28-08, 11:25 AM
Xzia noticed the small hint of puzzlement and stress in her eyes. Securing his grip on Teefa he smiled at her before she rested her head once more. "I'm sure you have many questions, hopefully i will have time to answer them but right now i need to ensure your safety." Xzia's eyes scanned Teefa's body vigorously, shifting back and forth.

"You don't appear to be injured, I know your must be tired but if you are hurt find some way to let me know." Xzia looked at Teefa in his arms and smiled softly. His whole body paused for a moment, something didn't feel....normal. another strange wave sent its way around his body, Xzia almost fell to the floor and dropped Teefa but he quickly steadied himself.

His eyes changed, they turned a pale Grey, mana began flowing towards them through his runes. bit by bit Xzia could feel his mind being over run. Looking around for the source he scanned the grassy floor, A strange light was circling his left arm, though unable to see it, he had his suspicions. Struck by a stronger wave his knees bent barely able to keep himself up right.

Eyes closed a forth and final strike hit him, though it was of immense magical power it dint effect him like the rest, He opened his eyes to see a Ghostly female in front of him, Dressed in white the female floated off the ground, feet hidden by a long, flowing white gown. She resembled one of his own race with blue markings similar to Xzia's.

"wh...What?" Xzia simply managed. His now bright white eyes looked towards the female figure with confusion, his body shook slightly from fear, the thing he was seeing seemed no threat but even Xzia didn't truly understand what was happening, and that frightens him.

"Oh, so as soon as I'm unable to talk you walk off with another girl, should have known" sarcastically said the floating woman. folding her arms and falling to more Xzia's Level.

"That voice, The chaos spirit" he muttered to himself. He wasn't sure if he had gone insane or he really could see the essence once trapped in the gem. "this is impossible, i must be going crazy" Xzia continued to rant to himself.

"Maybe who knows, I do know you are the only one that can hear and see me, Somehow my spirit became infused with yours when it cracked...Maybe we shared a really strong bond" Joked the spirit before laughing. without hesitation and continuing the habit of the gem she spoke before Xzia even had a chance. "anyway, Ive been able to see everything you've been doing, and i've seen the way you look at her, and I must say, naughty boy. I think you can only see me now because of all that Chaos you wasted against the man."

"It really is you, I'm never going to get any rest now" Xzia muttered to himself while looking to Teefa, If she heard him she probably thought him crazy by now. Xzia blushed upon hearing the comment about how he looks at Teefa, he immediately looked away from both.

"I'm here to keep you safe since i know your useless at navigation, there is a cave some distance from here, it was used by our people to gain access to the city, unfortunately it was seen as un-needed but i don't need to go into that. If you go there you will be safe, there are a majority of jewels and a Protection Gem inside, or at least there should be." recited the Spirit hardly pausing Her face looked Less bright than before. and her glow seemed to vanish "I can show you the way, but i can't help with any difficulties that may arise." finishing her sentence she vanished and Bright sparks on the floor appeared to Xzia alone, the must lead the way to the cave.

"damn it, A chance to keep her safe but at great risk. I have no choice but to wait and hope the two leaser's come in search of us, if not then there is nothing more i can do." Xzia closed his eyes and began to think, he walked along the grass for a short time before coming across a dry smooth area surrounded by trees, just on the edge of scara brea. "We will be safe here, I hope" Xzia said before putting Teefa down to rest, He reached into his small pouch and took out two blankets, taken from the inn and stored in his infinite pouch.

placing one blanket down he urged Teefa to use it, Without help she stumbled onto it, using most of the energy she had gathered.
He placed the other over her with no regard for himself.

Feed The Machine
03-03-08, 06:35 PM
The armored men of justice cut through various alleyways in unison, which spoke volumes of their coordination and trust as a group. Each member followed the actions of the soldier in front of him without hesitation, never questioning the direction or motives of their teammates. The Galoriand and his human companion were at the tail end of this brigade and were several steps slower than the Scara Brae warriors. But observing such a thing put a smile on Galyl’s face for it reminded him of the unfailing trust that the Galoriands had for one another. Despite the curse that they lived with, not a single soul ever considered abandoning their brethren no matter how tempted it would be to do so at certain times. Each individual was a piece of a bigger puzzle that would eventually reach completion, which would be the healing of the elven family and the reinsertion back into Raiaeran society.

After several more twists and turns through the backstreets, the soldiers came to a complete stop in a part of the city’s sector that was more squalid and decrepit than the neighborhood Royal, Galyl, and Xzia battled the Retriever in. “What’s going on guys? Why did we stop?” Galyl looked around the group of blade wielding officers and saw that each one of them had an expression of extreme solemnity.

“Galyl Galoriand, we have special orders to arrest you for providing Scara Brae officials with false information regarding the Scourge and one of its top ranking members, Cloverfield. We investigated each of the men that you claimed to be ‘Cloverfield’, and it turned out that they were nothing more than common street thugs with no association to the Scourge. We were in the process of sending organizing a search for you, but ironically, you fell into our laps.”

The Galoriand elf listened to the words that one of the soldiers spoke and remained silent. He had a feeling that the Scara Brae government would discover his lie, despite swearing to the Queen that he would loyally carry out his duty to apprehend Cloverfield. However, if he had given the real Cloverfield up to Queen Valeena’s guards, then he would’ve never learned of the Forgotten Ones plot to not only seize Raiaera, but the entire world.

“This is bad……..” Galyl’s eyes subtled scanned his surroundings, figuring what would be the best way to make an escape since outright confronting Scara Braean authorities was out of the question. Not only was he outnumbered, but also he still had to represent the Bladesingers as best as he could, especially when within the boundaries of another country.

However, Royal didn’t seem to think that.

There were two soldiers that stood behind the two young Bladesingers. Brief yet powerful song notes fled Royal’s mouth, which in turn set those guardsmen on fire. “Come on Galyl, let’s get out of here!” The human warrior sprinted down the alleyways with the Galoriand following him.

“Why did you do that Royal!? Do you not understand that those were the Queen’s special guardsmen!?”

“Who cares!? They were going to arrest you no matter how sweet you spoke to them! My course of action was the best action!”

The two friends continued dashing throughout the streets. Whistles and alarms could be heard in all directions, as it became quite obvious that the attention was now on capturing Galyl rather than the Retriever. The elven Bladesinger knew the city well and led the way toward the city’s beaches, so that they could take the boat that they sailed to Scara Brae with, row it back to the nearby isolated island where they parked their rented airship, and flee the country with their lives. However, when they arrived on the sands, several soldiers were already there.

“Galyl Galoriand, do not resist arrest! If you do, you can be sure that your life will come to a quick end!” Several of them said in unison, pointing their swords toward him and Royal as they slowly encapsulated them. Royal put his hands together and was about to prepare for another song, but Galyl roughly covered Halberd’s mouth with his hand.

“Don’t even think about doing that again!”

Royal smacked Galyl’s hand away before punching him square in the face. “Stop being weak! These men are after your life, and you’re going to have pity on them!? If you won’t do something about them, then I will!”

Hard words were sung yet again by Halberd. Yet before he could release another spell, a faint emerald barrier formed around both he and Galyl. The sound of white noise quickly filled everybody’s ears, leaving everyone but Galyl dumbfounded as to what was going on.

“The Machine……” Fear set in the elven Bladesinger.

“ONLY I CONTROL THE LIFE OF MY SLAVE. YOU INSIGNIFICANT FOOLS HAVE NO POWER.”

Instantly, both Royal and Galyl disappeared out of the sight of the hostile soldiers and reappeared on the airship on the isolated island. The human warrior had no idea what had just happened, and Galyl didn’t have the energy to tell him. Instead, thoughts of Teefa occupied his mind. He wanted to be the one to save her from the threat of the Retriever, but it was not meant to be. One driven by recklessness would’ve turned back to the city, raising all sorts of chaos just to ensure that the one he cared for would be safe. But to do that would be suicide, and knowing Teefa, she’d be devastated if anyone died because of her. Galyl wondered when he would see her beautiful face again, but to determine that was next to impossible.

Sighing, the Galoriand took hold of the airship’s controls and sent it airborne. Then, with several other button pushes and pulling of levers, the Aleran airship took off high above the clouds and into the cerulean skies.

(Final post.)

Squ
03-04-08, 10:09 AM
(Thank you FTM for your wonderful contributions to the story. Although an unexpected turn of events, I look forward to be working together again sometime.)
=-=

Some time had passed and Teefa tucked herself in the blanket that was laid over her as the temperature outside had began to drop. It had gotten pretty dark. Finally able to move her limbs, Teefa rose to sit up straight, next to Xzia who was sitting next to her.

“Where are we?” She asked while pressing her hand against her forehead. As Xzia explained what had happened, Teefa let out a sad sigh. Pulling her knees closer to her body and wrapping her arms around them, she began to contemplate all that had happened in a short time.

“You may have bought me some time, but Retrievers don’t stop unless killed. They are infamous for going great lengths to capture their target. The sad reality is that I will have to keep running now, until I die or until I am caught.”

Burying her head in her arms, Teefa began to take many things into consideration; whether or not she should just give in and allow herself to be taken in by the Retriever or continue running –either choice would be troublesome. So many came to her aid, risked their lives so giving up would put all those efforts in vain. IF she were to keep running, the only one in danger would be no one but herself, but she would have to do it alone—

Raising her head, she looked at Xzia who smiled when their eyes met. The sad expression on Teefa’s face however made him wonder if something was wrong.

“Xzia… it seems we’re out of the Retriever’s grasp right now, this is a good opportunity to continue with an escape.”

Xzia nodded and rose however halting halfway when Teefa grabbed his wrist.

“But—“Teefa added with uneasiness in her voice. She had to say what she felt from the very beginning when everything started; “I think we should should do that separately—“ Before Xzia could react, Teefa had risen from the ground herself “I know how that sounds, but I’ve made up my mind. That black haired warrior, Galyl, Royal and you… You’ve all been a great help to me, and for that I am grateful but you all have your own lives, filled with hopes, dreams and a destiny... I just simply don't believe it’s your destiny to die for my cause…”

From the serious look in Teefa’s eyes and from what she was saying, it was clearly obvious she wanted to go her own way, no matter what arguments would be used to make her choose otherwise. From what she told Xzia in the inn, he knew she had been wandering the world alone for three years, so she had certain ways of getting by... yet still...

Closing her eyes, Teefa inhaled deeply to gather the strength to say goodbye to a friend she barely knew. “My dearest friend, Xzia” she started, almost in a formal manner, trying to make it sound comical “I am going to run far away from here now. I’ll just go wherever my feet take me. Please, I beg you not to follow me. Also; and I hope you don’t but should you run into the Retriever, just let him do what he does and don’t engage him. You have to promise me this.”

Teefa looked at Xzia and sadness filled her heart as if it felt like when she said goodbye to Foori -her beloved maid back in her homeland. It appeared that the past would continue to follow her as relentlessly as the Retriever.

~*~

Ghunter had stripped the knight of his clothes and equipped himself with it. Grinning he began to peek around to see if it was safe to start his little charade. Just as he took the first step, he could a high pitched voice, possibly from a woman or a child.

“Ghunter, Ghunter, Ghunter…" the voice started in a mocking tone "It’s a shame to see you resort to the lamest tactics to capture our prized little treasure.”

Still frozen in his steps, Ghunter began to transpire and slowly turned around only to see the slight movement in the shadows. “Did they send you to spy on me now?” he asked, apparantly knowing who he was talking to.

“Perhaps. But that doesn’t matter now. It appears that you’re not as ‘useful’ as we thought you be. It was also very disappointing that you posed as a Retriever.” The voice carried an ominous tone, almost threatening. “And because of this, we’ve decided to relieve you from your current duties.”

“So what ar—“ Ghunter’s words were abruptly cut off as a pin-like projectile penetrated his arm. Almost instantly, he began choking and gasping heavily. Trying to grab the knight’s sword that was strapped on his belt, another pin flew to pierce his left eye made him wail out in pain.

A giggle sounded from the shadows… “You shouldn’t have tried to capture ‘o Riviera claiming to be a Retriever while you’re nothing more than an old dog that forgot how to fetch.”

Dropping his knees like a heavy sac of grain, green saliva dripped from Ghunter's lips. He gurgled and stretched out his arm before falling forward on his face... lifelessly.

“Tee hee, nighty night…”

ANGELxZER0
03-04-08, 03:43 PM
"I can't allow that" mumbled Xzia facing the lower half of Teefa's body, avoiding eye contact. His fist clenched in anger and his eyes watered slightly. "like you, I'm alone, but unlike you I'm not used to being alone. That is why I cant allow it."

"well, she is kind of ungrateful isn't she?" mocked the new voice in his head. A laughing filled his thoughts. as his anger and sorrow grew.

Xzia Lifted his head sharply and looked at Teefa, A few drops flew off his face as he stared at her with his white eyes. "I don't care what dangers i face, i don't care who comes after you. My destiny right now is to keep you safe, You travel a lot, you know where your going, you can be my guide, I'm looking for a stone...thing is, only my race as them, and all colonies are hidden. Allow me to go with you, please" His eyes fixed on Teefa not willing to move.

Xzia had hold of her wrist as she did his. He held softly however. A serious look on his face. "please" he added with nothing more to say.

"Hah!, you sure are pathetic, I mean look at you" the voice said in his head "If i was her, i would leave you, but unfortunately I'm bound to you, go me"

Xzia let go of Teefa's wrist and looked down and away slightly, still making sure he could see her.

Squ
03-05-08, 05:02 AM
Teefa looked at Xzia with some astonishment, she expected him to react in a quiet, collected or cool manner as he had done most of the time. Apart from the way he made his plea, the request in itself was a bit problematic; rather hard to ignore. If there was something that Teefa had a soft spot for, it was sad looks with watery eyes.

What am I to do? Teefa pondered, hoping to find a quick solution rather than wasting time to figure something out. She didn’t want to stay in one place too long, especially on an island.

“Alright” she finally said “we can travel together for a while but we’ll keep moving and we will also be avoiding small settlements for the time being. At some point we will be getting off this island.” Teefa explained her plan and gave proper indications what plan she was most comfortable with. It almost sounded as if she was a tactician.

Xzia nodded solemnly, letting Teefa know he was okay with the way she wanted things. Somewhere along the way he would be able to pursue his own goals should opportunity arise. As long as he was with Teefa, he would have a travelling companion.

Grabbing all their belongings, both Xzia and Teefa began to move in the darkness of night, using only the moon and stars to light their way. Teefa turned around for a moment, looking back at some lights in the distance. “Thank you Galyl and Royal, I hope you are alive and safe… I’m sure our paths shall cross again someday” she whispered, before setting off deeper into the island with Xzia right behind her.

_

Bloodrose
03-25-08, 01:48 PM
Squ indicated that commentary was desired, so I think I've got a pretty good amount of commentary in each section. I kept the comments generalized for the most part, but I'll address certain comments to individual writers if I think there was something specific that could be improved upon. If anyone has any questions, wants further tips, pointers, help, whatever, just PM me and I'll be glad to help!

* STORY ~ 18

Continuity (7) ~ Squ, you really bolstered this category. Continuity deals with the 'Why?' around a thread's storyline. 'Why' is this thread taking place? 'Why' are the people in this thread here? At the core, this thread revolved around the Retriever hunting down Teefa to take her back to her parents, and I like how this plot was sort of dropped in hints and bits before Teefa spilled the beans to Xzia in the middle of the thread. I knew why Teefa was being chased, for what reason, and the revealing of this information, in my opinion, was done decently.

Everyone else was just kind of in this thread for no apparent reason, but that happens with open threads. Despite the thread being open and just jumping in though (Xzia, Vasiner, Galyl did a little better here), ask yourself why your character is in the area. What were they doing before they decided to help Teefa? What are they going to do now, after they've helped? I didn't really knock the score here to much for this, but it is definitely something to keep in mind for future threads.

Setting (5) ~ The setting here was a little weak, but I feel that it was better handled later in the thread. At the beginning, with everyone just kind of dropping in and describing things, it made it difficult to determine where exactly this was taking place. With all these people around, I felt more like this would have been better placed on a town or city street. Aside from the rough start, there was enough description of the setting to let me know where the story was. The inn, the tavern, the streets, and the place where the fight with the Retriever took place weren't exactly alive with detail, but there was enough substance to prevent confusion.

To improve in this category, it's important to describe how your character inteprets his or her surroundings. You don't need to drown the thread in details about every little object in the character's general area, but you should elaborate on sights, smells, mood, or other little things that your character might pick up on.

Pacing (6) ~ This wasn't bad, but it could have been better. I had a little trouble getting through a couple low spots in the thread, but there were other areas that really kept my attention. Here I would say you were kind of in the 'middle-of-the-road' score wise. I gave you a 6 instead of a 5 because the thread kept me interested more than it bored me (in those couple places), and the thread seemed to serve a good job of bolstering Teefa's storyline.

What's important for Pacing, and something to keep in mind for future threads, is tension. A well written story builds the tension as it goes along, drawing the reader in. If you let the tension go to slack, the reader loses interest and it's hard to keep them reading. I can't really tell you how to do this, because everyone writes their own way and has to find their own niche, but it's something to think on as you go.

* CHARACTER ~ 19

Dialogue (6) ~ For the most part the dialogue was pretty forgettable, but there were a couple shining gems. The scene in which Galyl exclaims how beautiful he finds Teefa, for instance, was a moment in the thread that really stuck with me. Dialogue should be used to emphasize who your character is, and that one line (and how it was delivered), conveys to the reader that Galyl is a bumbling, innocent n00b when it comes to dealing with women.

Also remember that dialogue doesn't just have to be words. Describing how your character speaks those words, and their body language, can be used to convey more than the words alone might be able to. Squ and FTM did better in this category than most, but everyone has room for improvement.

Action (6) ~ Decent. The fight scenes left a little something to be desired, if only because I felt like they were to staged and ended to quickly, but there wasn't anything that took me out of the thread. Really, what gave you an extra point from plain old average, was the action surrounding your character interactions. Galyl swinging through the window because he's jealous and wants to interrupt Xzia and Teefa is a good example.

Persona (7) ~ This was one category where I felt you folks did pretty good. Your character's emotions and thoughts, and how they handled or acted on them was fairly well done. Galyl's school-boy crush on Teefa, and how that influenced his decisions throughout the thread was cool - I enjoyed it. It made Galyl interesting while not overpowering the core of the thread, and how Teefa dealt with Galyl after she figured out just what was going on with him was well done. Xzia, this was one of your stronger areas as well, and you used the elf/neon relationship and how Xzia interpretted Galyl's actions nicely. Between the three of you there was a definite "older brother protects little sister from guy brother doesn't like" sort of love-triangle thing going on. That might sound clunky, but I hope you get what I mean.

Visiner, because you left the thread early, I decided to keep your comments here seperate. I enjoyed your character, and kind of wished you had stayed on longer, but the time you did spend in the thread gave me a decent intro to your character. You played the Ala'e thing fairly well, and while I'm sure it could use a little work, I think you've got a decent concept going there.

* WRITING STYLE ~ 25

Mechanics (5) ~ I had a few issues with mechanics in this thread, but try not to take any of these critisms to heavily. I've broken them down for each individual, but feel free to read everyones and get an overall feel of how it all went down:

Squ - Spelling and grammar wise, you did pretty well here. Good job. You're only issue was a misplaced word here or there, like you meant to say something else but just typed the wrong word. It happens to the best of us, and can be tricky because spellcheck won't pick it up if you spell the 'wrong' word correctly. One thing you can do to catch these is re-read your post before you post it. Reading it outloud to yourself, or under your breath, is an excellent way to find sentences that don't sound right.

Also, and this is just a general comment, but you should avoid repeating other people's speech in your post. As you get more used to dealing with character interactions, you'll find different ways to allude to what was said previously. The reason, at least my reason, for encouraging people to avoid repeating stuff is that it can give a thread a "Two steps forward, one step back" kind of pacing, rather than a smooth forward progression.

ANGELxZERO - You seem to have a real issue with capitalization. Chalk it up to being lazy, or something else, but the first letter of EVERY sentence should be capitalized. That one consistent miss really hurt your overall technique score here, but luckily it's something that's easily fixed. Other than that, you (like Squ) had a couple places where I think you meant to use a different word but didn't. See Squ's comment for ways to avoid this. Other than that, good job!

Visiner - From what I saw, you didn't really have many technical errors in your writing. It was pretty solid. You could maybe work on the play between the two voices in Visiner's head, but nothing really stuck out.

FTM - Like Visiner, you did pretty well here. It obvious you've got the basics down pretty solid, so keep up the nice work.

Overall, you've all got room for improvement, but who doesn't? Practice, practice, practice, and take pointers to heart, and improvement here will be a natural progression for you as you continue to write.

Technique (5) ~ Pretty average here. There weren't many plot devices, or moments of foreshadowing, or any of that impressive stuff that really makes a thread shine. This was more of a simple, straighforward, beginner thread. Now, don't take that in a bad way, we all start somewhere. Literary devices, like foreshadowing and symbolism, are something that usually get passed over until you're more comfortable with your writing. Once you've developed your style more, and start to branch out and experiment a little, I'm sure I'll see you all develop in this area.

Clarity (7) ~ Did the thread make sense? Sure. Was it easy to follow along with what was happening? Yeah, for the most part. Clarity is really just what it sounds like - did things make sense to the reader as the thread moved along? There really wasn't any part of this thread where I really, truly got lost. I may have gotten confused about the setting at times, or got bored when the tension in the thread go to low, but I always got the nuts and bolts of what was going on.

* Wild Card (8) ~ There were definitely areas where this thread could have improved in the specific areas listed above, but I gave this thread a slightly higher wild card for one reason: you guys surprised me. I've been staring at this 72 post monster for the last couple of weeks, (and I'll be honest) dreading having to drudge through such a long thread to judge it. That said, once I got started and got reading, I was actually pretty impressed. All critisms and pointers on mechanics, capitalizations, etc aside, I actually enjoyed reading though most of this thread. I keep coming back to Galyl school-boy crush on Teefa and how that influenced the thread, but that was really a shining feature for me. The shift to the inn was really a low point in terms of tension in the thread, but it was also a high point in character interaction. I found myself chuckling a couple of times, and you all deserve a pat on the back for putting together a 72 post quest that I could actually read in one sitting.

FINAL SCORE = 62

Kudos! Well done.

Squ receives 1240 XP and 1000 GP (Squ Levels Up!)

Xzia receives 1040 XP and 1000 GP

Feed the Machines receives 660 XP and 500 GP (FTM Levels Up!)

Visiner receives 510 XP and 250 GP

Warklaw
03-26-08, 03:41 PM
((hope it 'aint to late for a brute to join))

The new set of scars across Ayerwulf's back where still somewhat tender from running into a small Orc dispatch, unfortunate for them it had been a full moon that night.
The last of the Warklaw tribe strolled into a small port town, sweat made his skin sheen and glisten, the heat and humidity was much different to that of his highland home. Ayerwulf didn't know why he came to this little town, there was nothing that could help him in his journey for redemption; still the Beast, known as The Hunter, compelled him from within.

Those who passed him hurried their pace to escape his ice-like gaze. Not many see a Lycanthrope on a regular basis, even less during a full moon, for none usually live. Ayerwulf stood at least a head and a half taller than most people that scurried the streets like rats. As the berserker walked deeper into the town, he noticed a scent that, no matter what, made the hackeles on his neck rise in instinctual aggression...

"Nonhumans..." Ayerwulf growled, his voice like two slabs of Hell's brimstone clashing. It was Nonhumans that turned his people at each other's throats in a seven day sloughter, that left Ayerwulf an orphaned pup.
The scent thickened like the humid air of Scara Brae as he approached a lonely inn. Ayerwulf gripped the handle of his Wolfaxe as he approached the door of the inn just as a large and burly man, fresh of a beating, beat open the door of the inn,

"Alright...where the bloody hell is that woman?!" The man was frustrated, infuriated judging by his acrid scent. The man held a crude rope from a ship, if he was looking for a fight he should have brought something useful.
The large man hurled himself up the stairs, Ayerwulf followed. He systematically broke down room doors until there was just one left,

"AH-HA! I got you now you little..." The man looked up to the source of the massive shadow that had been cast over him. Ayerwulf's eyes shimmered with irritation, he cracked his massive neck, creating a sound that usually went with breaking bones.
"What the hell do you want, you gargantuan fu-" he was cut off as Ayerwulf's massive clawed hand clentched his throat,

"There's somethin' you should know about wolves, laddie...Never try and take their pray." He then head butted the man on the bridge of his nose,making a severe crunch, and tossed him through the last remaininig door, erecting screams of suprise form those inside...The scent of Nonhuman was pungent now.

Witchblade
03-27-08, 06:25 PM
EXP and GP added!

Squ reaches level 1!
Feed the Machine reaches level 1!