PDA

View Full Version : Best Overall Writer

Call me J
01-16-08, 11:31 PM
This award is for the best Overall Writer for 2007. Sorry it wasn't up sooner.

Cyrus the virus
01-17-08, 12:38 AM
Letho is consistently amazing, in every thread he writes or probably ever will, even when he's 'writing crappy'. He is a slut of greatness.

Breaker
01-17-08, 02:44 AM
Letho seconded.

AdventWings
01-17-08, 03:05 AM
I nominate Shyam. Really.

Storm Veritas
01-17-08, 07:01 AM
I'll second Shyam to make sure he's on the ballot.

For the record, I don't like this category. Too many great writers will be ignored.

Cyrus the virus
01-17-08, 08:10 AM
Why not nominate more than one person?

I'll also nominate Storm Veritas! :D

Empyrean
01-17-08, 08:25 AM
Agreed with Storm. This place is full of amazing writers, so to pick just one is basically impossible.

But to vote, I'm thirding Letho's nomination. He does write amazingly, even when he thinks he's crap, and he's certainly helped improve my writing over the past couple years.

Max Dirks
01-17-08, 08:59 AM
Activity and consistency are just as important as JC's. The ones we don't assume are the best are probably the best.

I nominate Lorenor.

Zook Murnig
01-17-08, 10:16 AM
I'll second Manda. I've seen some amazing work from her.

Reiko
01-17-08, 11:11 AM
I agree with storm too many will be ignored.

I nominate Witchblade, Moonlight raven, Karuka Tida and nekoprincess.

they provided me with the best reads of this year

The Valkyrie
01-17-08, 01:13 PM
Manda/Letho/Storm/Slayer of the Rot

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-17-08, 01:15 PM
Yeah, this category seems a bit shady to me as well. I'm seeing the same group of names pop up in here, but like Storm said, many other great writers will get ignored.

I'm gonna' nominate Writing Writer. I enjoy reading his stuff.

Karuka
01-17-08, 01:47 PM
Storm/Letho/Manda/Shyam/Slayer.

Since we're nominating a bunch of people. :)

Call me J
01-17-08, 01:55 PM
Seeing as people insist on nominating eighty billion people in their post, I wanted to let you guys know how I intend to count them. A nomination for X and Y counts as a half nomination for each. They have to get the other half from somewhere else. Lets say Bob nominates X and Y, Joe nominates X, Z and Q and Mike nominates X, Y, A and B. If these were the only nominations, X would be the only nominee, because he's the only one who got a full nomination's worth.

Karuka
01-17-08, 02:14 PM
I think this is a bad category. I mean, we've got some amazing writers and some not so amazing writers, but a "best?"

It seems very iffy. I mean, if there's a "best," there's got to be a "worst," and we wouldn't put up that poll.

Zephyriah
01-17-08, 02:38 PM
Toy Soldier is the worst writer on this forum.

Anyway, I nominate Shyam. Pound for pound, he's the best Althanas' has produced. And his best character by far was Oak.
(Ha! There's a character to test the oldbies memory!)

Letho
01-17-08, 04:35 PM
I nominate Godhand. Of all the writing on Althanas, his has that unique stunning effect most often.