Wilddeath
03-26-06, 07:48 PM
Name: Derrick Yillian
Race: Homo-Felinus
Height: 5’8’’
Weight: 123lbs
Hair Color: red
Eye Color: red

Appearance: This serene catman has almond-shaped, red eyes. He has neck-length, thick, straight red hair with a gray streak in it, worn in a cute style. His skin is pale, and he has red fur with gray patches on his ears and tail. He has a thin build. His tail is brush-like and carried straight. He usually wears something tye-dyed and jeans. Despite his build he is quite strong and agile and will use those traits lethally if needed.

Personality: Derrick is usually laid back and easy going but when he has to fight he will get deadly serious and mercilessly unforgiving. If you befriend him you will have made a friend for life make an enemy of him and you may want to give up on things like sleep in order to stay alive.

Weapons:
Cats eye sword: An old sword that was given to him by his father he usually uses his claws since this sword means the world to him this sword is made from very worn steel but Derrick keeps it in a good condition so it doesn’t rust. There seems to be something about it that gives him strength when he holds it…

Cat claws: his own claws can tear through flesh easily and will harden in time so they can slash through solid metal however that won’t happen for a long long time

Armor: skin tight worn leather armor that is worn underneath his clothes which are a tye dyed shirt with a pair of blue jeans

Items:
A pendant with a picture of his late family inside he treasures this item more so than his sword and will kill anyone who attempts to take it

Skills:
passive:
Cat like reflexes: being a cat man Derrick has increased speed and agility allowing him to react to situations faster than normal beings. He can also run faster and jump higher and like a cat is more prone to landing on his feet.

Cats’ eye: he can see very well in the dark so it does not hinder his sight like it would people with normal eyes.

Scale sheer surfaces: using his claws he can climb up Rough walls.

Language Felinus: this skill allows Derrick to understand felines of all shapes and sizes and he can communicate with the small ones but as he grows older he will be able to talk to the bigger and more dangerous ones and perhaps be able to convince them to help him in his quest for revenge.

Active:
Shift form: he can turn human cat man and Cat at will the transformation is painful but useful at times. The transformation takes one post minutes when he’s turning human from cat man form and one minutes when turning into a cat from cat man form. It takes the same amount of time to transform back and he cannot transform to cat form from human form or vice versa. (lasts as long as he is concious as these are all natural forms for him)

True sight: An inherited trait from his ancestors this allows him to see the true soul and intentions of any one he comes in eye contact with for more than 5 seconds.(as in for it to work the contact must be maintained for five seconds) It does not allow him to manipulate their mind or harm them in any way but merely acts to tell him what they are at heart.(lasts 2 posts as in one of mine and one of the persons whom the connection wis with at his current level or until connection is broken)

Inner strength: Like any animal that is driven into a corner when Derrick feels trapped and threatened his animal instincts will give him a strength he doesn’t know he possesses. This will only last for about 2 posts of mine

History:

Birth: Born into a wealthy family Derrick was needless to say a very happy child and like his many brothers and sisters he was sent to a military camp for training on how to fight and defend himself and his families honor. It was on his return trip during his eighteenth year that he found his home and his family destroyed. For years he hunted for the bastards who murdered his family in cold blood so he could return the favor and avenge his families honor. Years passed and still he searched until the day arrived when he could exact his revenge…

The night was quiet and crickets were chirping as the people of the manor retired to bed. Slowly the lights went out and one by one the voices died down, it was here, on the night of the blue moon that a massacre of great proportions occurred. The moon had reached its midnight position and the guards were making their rounds but on the roof someone was creeping, sneaking, and stalking their way into the heavily guarded building. Across the roof he crept dressed in black his head covered completely leaving only his red eyes filled with determination and hatred. Like a cat on the prowl he crept across the roof and silently entered through an open window.

This was child’s play for him as he quickly but silently roamed the halls searching for his target, the darkness that normally would become like a blindfold for a normal person proved to be nothing but a slight inconvenience and possibly even an advantage to our assassin. Slowly he crept down the hall edging closer and closer to his target; his senses were on red alert his ears picking up even the slightest sound. Through his gloves his claws extended and he drew his sword, it called for blood as did his soul, his eyes burned with the fires of hatred and blood lust. Tonight he would regain his families honor and avenge their deaths.

He reached the door and slowly he pushed it open and crept inside, he hovered over the sleeping form of his enemy and with a swift blow he stabbed the mans black heart over and over again. However nothing ever comes easy, he had been spotted on the grounds and a trap had been set. Ten guards descended on the unsuspecting assassin and he soon found himself incarcerated in chains and on his knees in front of the man who he had been after “Take him away and let him rot in the dungeon for the rest of his days.” The noble said with a smirk.

The guards took off the assassins mask revealing his thick neck length red hair and his angry red cat like eyes more clearly. “You bastard! I will avenge my family! Even if it takes me all of my nine lives!!” he screamed as he was taken away to rot in a dungeon where he would be tortured for five long years.

Derrick awoke with a start in his cell sweat matting his hair to his face. His clothes were in rags and his hands were bound together despite the fact that he was trapped in human form. His cold dank cell was not much to look at as it was meant for people on death row. The light above him flickered, every couple of minutes as a storm raged outside lightening flashing and thunder exploding making sleep almost impossible. Yet Derrick slept from sheer exhaustion from his daily torture sessions, he stood by his barred window letting the cold drops of rain hit his face which now bore the scars of much pain both emotional and physical. His eyes closed and he tried to remember a happier time so he could at least escape into his mind but it became harder with every day he spent in this hell hole. His sanity slipped further away with each passing day soon he would be no better than the other barbaric prisoners here.

However the patient prisoners were rewarded as a bolt of lightening struck the building simultaneously opening every cell door in the wretched place. Alarms blared as prisoners attempted to escape Derrick being among them. His first stop was the confiscated items room where he reclaimed his sword and pendant his most sacred treasures. Using the sword he broke his manacles and not a moment too soon as a few seconds later two guards walked in ready to kill him where he stood. “I hope you’re ready to die the death of a man stripped of his honor.” One of the men said preparing to strike a deadly blow, and all Derrick did was smirk, merely saying in a passive voice that grew angrier with each word.

“But you simpleton I am not a man I AM AN ANIMAL!” as he said this his ancient tiger heritage began to awaken once more within him and he shifted into a tiger whose eyes were filled with the hunger and blood lust that tormented derricks soul. The tiger pounced upon one of the guards tearing through his flesh like tissue paper. The remaining guard had never seen such sorcery and immediately branded Derrick a demon and ran for his life. Derrick laughed bitterly as he turned into his normal cat man form swallowing the man flesh he had just torn from the corpse. Blood ran down his lip and stained the rags that used to be his clothing red with extra blood. He scaled the wall and using the ventilation shafts he escaped that prison running into the night swearing to get his revenge for his family, his honor, and for himself as well.

He ran through the dark forest the years of torture and starvation taking their toll at last, he slipped and slid through the mucky soil and tripped several times over tree roots. Panting and very tired he had to rest several times but was determined not to sleep until he had put several miles between him and that horrible place. However his body had been pushed to its limit and could take no more, and finally the great and honorable Derrick Yillian fell to the ground tired broken and alone in the world as the rain beat down on his form and his fur forever stained by the blood he had shed both in torture and in memory. He would have died that night from the cold and pneumonia if it hadn’t been for one person. A person that Derrick soon learned to call master.

He awoke the next morning with a start having once again dreamed of his tortured days in that hell hole of a prison. He smelled fresh tea and eggs and found he was still in his cat man form. He immediately turned human and went into the next room and saw to his amazement that it was no man but a feline like himself standing there. He thought he was the last but he had been wrong. He turned back to his normal form and was greeted by the man with a smile and food. “You look like hell my friend here sit eat replenish your strength your going to need it.” He said and Derrick happily complied, he sat and ate hungrily as the man left to collect fire wood. Derrick noticed that he used his claws to chop down an entire tree. To him such a feat with his claws would result in his main weapon snapping off painfully leaving his hand a bloody useless mass of flesh.

After breakfast Derrick sat and watched the old feline work and knew that if he was ever going to master his skills he would need a teacher and this may be his only chance at finding one. Risking everything he spoke to the old man about training him and after half a day of convincing the man accepted. For yet another four years Derrick trained hard nearly pushing his body beyond its breaking point, yet not once did he give up. The old man made him do almost impossible tasks that caused Derrick much pain, he persevered but he felt even worse than he did while in that prison and after years of training he moved on to explore the world in search of others like him…

(I know he had like 100 gold or something like that and 0 exp but this char was my old one from the original althanas. tell me if im missing anything please)

Sighter Tnailog
03-26-06, 08:00 PM
Please express the length of your skills in terms of the number of posts they are active, not the number of minutes.

You may transform into a cat, not a tiger, at your current level.

Give a description of the type of surfaces you can climb. I don't want you climbing on smooth walls -- only rough walls. And you can't climb across ceilings until at least level 5.

Your true sight should be LESS than 5 seconds, not MORE than 5 seconds.

Real cats don't always land on your feet, they're simply more likely to do so. Your character, similarly, cannot ALWAYS land on his feet. Please edit your profile to reflect this.

Make these edits, and post when you do.

Wilddeath
03-26-06, 08:50 PM
i edited but im staying with the tiger part of his transformation cause otherwise i would have to scrap the entire char as he is decended from tigers not from house cats. is that alright?

Sighter Tnailog
03-26-06, 09:47 PM
You can keep the cat man. Not the tiger. Have the tiger form be a form he learns to access at a higher level -- at least level 3. As you become more attuned to your ancestry, you may EARN the right to have a tiger form.

Give me the number of posts it takes to transform and the number of posts inner strength lasts, and if I think the number is acceptable I'll approve you.

Wilddeath
03-26-06, 09:51 PM
There we go edited

Sighter Tnailog
03-26-06, 11:45 PM
That's good. Approved. I edited your transformation, you forgot to take out the second "tiger."

100 GP.