PDA

View Full Version : Can level 0 characters have guns?

Fairfield
01-19-08, 12:45 AM
Even if they don't work?

:confused:

Karuka
01-19-08, 12:48 AM
If they don't work, we sometimes will allow you to have a gun. But it's got to not work in a pretty serious way.

Fairfield
01-19-08, 12:49 AM
Well what if it doesnt function at all as anything but a heavy stick?

Karuka
01-19-08, 12:50 AM
Well, then it's basically a club, now isn't it? If it's not made of anything too fancy (real wood and a metal up to steel caliber), that ought to be fine.

Fairfield
01-19-08, 12:54 AM
Yeesh! I forgot to say what it's made out of! D=

Call me J
01-19-08, 12:56 AM
Basically if it only functions as a club, we'll consider it a club. If it was a sword that functioned as a gun, we'll consider it a gun.

We're more concerned with what your weapons can do than the labels on them. The labels are for creativity.

Fairfield
01-19-08, 12:58 AM
Ah, well as of right now it would be considered a cumbersome stick or club. I intend to have it fixed in a quest or in the bazaar or some such thing. Pending the requirements for the the two scenarios.

If that's allowed?

Godhand
01-19-08, 01:00 AM
It is.

Fairfield
01-19-08, 01:01 AM
Sweet.

-High Five Godhand-

Would that make it a divine highfive? o.O

Godhand
01-19-08, 01:05 AM
Don't ever do that again.

Karuka
01-19-08, 01:07 AM
Hah. Welcome to the neighborhood, Fairfield. You'll learn to love us...all of us...in our own special ways.

Fairfield
01-19-08, 01:07 AM
You got it. ;D

But thanks all for the help. You can close this now if you want. I learned what I needed.

Letho
01-19-08, 04:27 AM
Just keep in mind that in order to fix your gun via a thread (as a spoil), you'll probably have to score as high as if you were requesting a new gun as a spoil, which means pretty high. Same for fixing it in the Bazaar. Chances are you'd have to pay as much as you would for a brand new one. This is so people don't add broken guns in their inventory and then have them fixed for a hundred GP or in the very first thread they make (though it's technically possible).

AdventWings
01-19-08, 06:54 AM
Technically possible, says the Other Bazaar Kitty. ;)

Although you'll need a very heavy pocket to do so. And I'm talking about Serilliant-Heavy Pocket.

*Points to the GP count on our illustrious Moderator of the Back End*

You can try. No guarantee it's gonna be easy. :D

Fairfield
01-19-08, 12:49 PM
Well I intend to begin work on my solo very soon, and with any luck I'll score high enough to have it fixed. ^^

Reiko
01-19-08, 01:25 PM
good luck with that^^ i hope you get your gun but it'll take a very high score for it to work but on the bright side you'll have one of the most powerful weapons on Althanas at level 0 if you do with the way people treat guns around here.

Godhand
01-19-08, 01:29 PM
If you don't think you can complete it in one thread, that is, you don't think you can make a thread score high enough then just fix it part by part. For instance, have the trigger fixed in one quest and the chamber fixed in another.

Fairfield
01-19-08, 02:16 PM
Not a bad idea. Might take that route. Thanks!

Call me J
01-19-08, 02:19 PM
Godhand has a good suggestion. Also, you might want to work on gaining some levels. As a judge, I am much happier to award guns at higher levels when other characters of equal level might have a chance against them. The thing is a level 0 swordsman has no chance against guns, so we're not so eager to have level 0 gun men.

Fairfield
01-20-08, 05:59 PM
I completely understand. If I do manage to have my gun repaired before I reach a higher level, I would use it sparringly for two reason. One, limited ammo. And two, I like writing good stories. It wouldn't be a very good story if I entered a battle with someone and said " Bang! You're dead. I WIN!! " =P

Call me J
01-20-08, 06:04 PM
Just a suggestion, to go along with your sequential repairs, you may also want to get it working so that perhaps earlier, it works somewhat. For instance, at one point, the gun works sometimes, but its likely to jam, or it possibly has too much of a recoil. That way, you'd only be able to use it in extreme situations. Then you could make it so that it works, but that for some reason, it takes a bit longer to fire, and eventually it works like a regular gun.

Also, the fewer other abilities you have, the more willing mods are to award you a gun.