PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of shopping.

Squ
01-23-08, 10:21 AM
(I'm new at the bazaar, so please bear with me if I make a mistake).

Teefa entered the tailor and leatherworker's store through the open doorway. Cloth was nicely stacked on one of the counters, as well as balls of wool, neatly put together in a basket. On the wall, various types of hide were displayed.

Seeing someone behind the counter, Teefa curtsied and politely introduced herself before asking what she wanted.

"Um, I was hoping if you could help me, I have a list of items I would like to purchase."

Moonlit Raven
01-23-08, 08:03 PM
Erin looked up from the bit of lace she was making, her bright blue eyes wrinkled at the corners as she smiled at the young woman.

"Hello there love. I'm Erin, what can I do for you? Truth and honesty I'm right glad you can in. Lace work make's my eyes ache. More often than not I turn out a pretty knot than a lovely pattern." Erin chuckled as she laid the lace aside, carefully laying the pegs holding individual threads down so they would not twist and tangle. Wiggling her cramped fingers she rounded the counter.

"Now then, how about a nice cup of tea while you tell me what it is you need to purchase?" Before the younger woman had a change to respond Erin hurried off, easily avoiding objects despite her matronly form.

No problem, if you need help with anything just yell or send me a PM. I'll be happy to give you a hand. ^_^

Squ
01-24-08, 05:10 AM
(Thank you, I appreciate it ^^)

Teefa was very happy that the woman’s response was warm and friendly and it made her feel more comfortable. Upon being offered a cup of tea, she smiled and gave a slight nod.

“Ah, tea sounds lovely, thank you.”

While waiting for the woman to return with the tea, Teefa glanced around the room again, looking at all the different kinds of materials that were stacked on small tables. The smell of the room reminded her of something when she was little and it brought back some vivid memories.

As the woman returned, Teefa blinked her eyes as her mind snapped back to the present. Two cups were placed on the counter and the woman began to pour the tea.

“Thank you kindly” Teefa smiled warmly after her cup was filled. “I guess I should tell you what I need. I am looking for a nice pair of soft suede gloves and a matching pair of boots of the same material.”

Teefa paused briefly, thinking up the list of things she wanted and continued: “Um—I’m also wondering if you have a red belt, not leather but made out of linnen” Teefa stepped back to motion her hands at her dress “to go well with this” she added, spinning around graciously.

“And last but not least, do you happen to have a pair of white leggings?” she giggled briefly after her little spin, facing the woman. Teefa quickly composed herself. Feeling slightly embarrassed, Teefa took a small sip from her cup of tea.

Moonlit Raven
01-26-08, 01:31 PM
Laying the tea pot aside Erin picked up her cup and took a sip as she listened to the young woman list what she required.

"I know I have everything you listed here, but, I was wondering what type of material you wanted for the leggings?"

Squ
01-26-08, 06:41 PM
"Oh, yes- well ahm..."

Teefa pondered for a moment, thinking about what she would prefer.

"um... to be honest, I haven't really thought about it. I'm sorry. But... hm... it would have to feel soft, like silk. It should also be durable."

Teefa smiled nervously at the woman.

"um- I'm not sure..." she said while grabbing her money pouch "but it shouldn't be too expensive, I'm not an incredibly wealthy person you see."

Moonlit Raven
01-29-08, 10:22 PM
Erin frowned as she looked down at her teacup.

"Other than normal silk, which is fragile, there is sifan silk but it's horribly expensive. One pair of leggings would cost just over 900 gold. The rest of the items you requested total up at 280 gold." Still wracking her brain for a suitable cloth Erin hurried off to gather up the items the younger woman asked for.

Squ
01-30-08, 03:57 AM
"Oh, I see..." Teefa looked at her pouch and moved it up and down in her hand as if she was weighing it. "I didn't realize it would be that much... I suppose the leggings can wait..."

While the nice lady was getting the requested items, Teefa took some of her coins from her pouch and put them on the counter. Making sure it was the right amount, she took another sip from her cup of tea while waiting for the goods.

"I really like your store, it is quite lovely" Teefa said softly, her words were almost didn't reach the woman's ears. A nervous chuckle gave away that she was merely making conversation to hide from the fact that she was embarrassed.

Moonlit Raven
02-01-08, 10:17 PM
"Why thank you my dear. I try to keep it tidy around here but I'm afraid that more often than not things have a way of growin’ legs and moving just to spite me." Erin tittered as she picked up the last item and made her way back to the young woman.

"Here we are. I'll just set them on the side counter beside you. Do take your time finishing the tea, and if you'd like a second cup or a sweet biscuit to go with it then go right ahead."

Transaction complete. Squ loses 280 gold and gains 100 EXP for IC interactions.