PDA

View Full Version : The Bandit Brotherhood.

Molotov
01-26-08, 01:17 AM
http://althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=162

This is the Bandit Brotherhood. You know the drill people. We steal from the people to give to the... well us. We're a group of well meaning ne'er do wells, and we're ten times more awesome that any other PG you could join. I mean, there are PGs like House of Sora and Gol'bron where you actually have to work to make a living. Here, in the BB, we think that idea is terrible. Steal instead.

Anyways, right now, we're looking to reestablish ourselves as a clan on Althanas.

Our membership roster is as follows.

Leaders
Molotov
Kyo

Other People
Bandit
Rayner
Izvilvin
Saxon
Papa Dagon
Crimson Rose
MiaKane
Lavinian Ambition
Twelfth

As more people join, we will give people more opportunities to gain leadership positions in the PG, but as for the moment, we're just going to be working on establishing an IC base in Dheathain. Our first quest will be killing the monsters we need to establish this base, but after that its heist city.

If you are interested in joining, you can join our current IC recruitment thread in the Minstrel's Perch, or you can post here saying your intention to join. Any current and historical clan adventures we are having or have had will be listed below.

Current Clan threads
We'll Rise Again (http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=11572)

Historical Clan threads
Glory Days (http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=10645)
Bandits Ahoy! (http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=101215)

Izvilvin
01-26-08, 01:19 AM
Hello I am interested! Following an IC thread of some sort.

Molotov
01-26-08, 01:21 AM
Hello, we will accept you, following an IC thread of some sort.

Saxon
01-26-08, 11:08 AM
I'd like to say I'm interested as well and would like to join up in this IC thread of yours if you wouldn't mind. ;)

Kyo
01-26-08, 11:39 AM
Sure, just jump on in, Saxon, it's open.

And Matt, I'll talk to you later about an IC thread we can do for Izzy.

Papa Dagon
01-26-08, 12:53 PM
I'm interested! I'll jump into the IC thread if it's okay. Or, if it's too heavy on players right now, I'll just wait for an initiation or whatever's convenient for you breddas.

Molotov
01-26-08, 01:15 PM
Hippies need not apply. We automatically assume they're too lazy to work!

Welcome to the PG. Feel free to post in Bandits Ahoy!. Its basically an IC recruitment thread to start the monster killing we need to get our base set up. The actual monster killing thread which you are all welcome to join, will be up as soon as Kyo posts it.

Also, Saxon, Izvilvin and I are going to be doing a thread to get the clan a riverboat. I have no objections to you joining as well, its going to be a fun throwdown sort of quest where we attack pirate zombies. That thread, I'd like to keep to a max of four though, and I think Kyo wants in as well.

Saxon
01-26-08, 01:18 PM
I'll try to make it, but I'm spread kind of thin as it is and I'm trying to start punching down on the threads I've already started. We'll play it by ear, I suppose.

Molotov
01-26-08, 01:29 PM
If you're spread thin you don't have to, I thought you were asking to be a part of it. If you're spread thin as it is, it'd probably be better you participated in the more important HQ building thread than the riverboat one.

Saxon
01-26-08, 01:32 PM
Fair enough, and thanks for the consideration. I'll try to clear up what I can for future quests but I'll definitely be up for having a hand in the HQ building. :)

Kyo
01-26-08, 02:08 PM
I'm going to try and have the HQ thread up today, but I've been called into work so it might have to wait until tomorrow.

Crimson Rose
01-26-08, 03:24 PM
I'd like to join this PG with Mariah. I think this clan would be good for her and help her out ^_^

Molotov
01-26-08, 03:31 PM
This can doesn't help people out, we steal from people!

Well, I guess we help out our members. Welcome. Feel free to join our open thread if you'd like.

Izvilvin
01-26-08, 11:13 PM
Awesome! I hate pirate zombies. They're such jerks.

Kyo
01-27-08, 11:54 PM
The Monster Extermination quest is up, and Shyam and I have a bit of a surprise for it planned at the end. Participating members may post here:

We'll Rise Again... (http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=101598#post101598)

Best writing forward please, I put a lot of effort into that post and I expect the same. ^^

Molotov
01-28-08, 12:04 AM
I would like to emphasize that in this quest, we want every able bodied member of the Bandit Brotherhood to join. Other quests that we do, it won't be nearly as much of an issue, but this one is the quest where we found our base, and we're going to ask for it for spoils. As such, anything anyone does to help, makes it much more likely that the judge will give us the spoil we want for the PG.

Also, I want to add that if BB members want to make a clan quest, they are more than welcome to.

MiaKane
01-28-08, 08:55 PM
guess i should post here since its just becoming clear that im joining in the recruitment thread. yay, i join now.

Lavinian Ambition
01-28-08, 09:55 PM
SO you know I'm waiting for a few more people to be milling about, anyone that wants to coordinate an introduction with me need only contact me via PM.

Cyrus the virus
01-29-08, 05:25 AM
Is that the IC recruitment thread or am I silly?

Molotov
01-29-08, 08:20 AM
Cyrus, your recruitment thread will hopefully be up later today. Then we will kill some pirate zombies and it will be a grand day for all concerned, except perhaps the pirate zombies who are dead.

Let us take this time to have a moment of silence for the Pirate zombies that will die in the making of the quest.

Also, I'd be happy to take up to 4 people in that quest, so if anyone else is really excited about the prospect of killing Pirate Zombies, PM me.

MiaKane, Lavinian Ambition, welcome to both of you. Also, I would like to wrap up Bandits Ahoy relatively soon so we can focus our attention on the bigger thread.

Kyo
01-29-08, 08:37 AM
*finishes up her moment of silence*

I think Mia and I just have a bit left to do and then that thread will be done. Though Kyo won't be returning to Dheathain right away, it'll just be mentioned that she'll be leaving to go get Jared, but that recruitment thread will have to wait until we finish up Don't Lose Me in the Aftermath.

Izvilvin
01-29-08, 10:35 AM
God, I hate zombie pirates!!

Molotov
01-29-08, 06:55 PM
God, I hate zombie pirates!!

Well then why don't you kill (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=11648) them?

Anyone who wants in, PM me. This can be a great recruitment quest if you missed a chance to jump in to Bandits Ahoy!

Bandit
01-30-08, 06:44 PM
I'm ready to help anyone who need an introduction thread. Just send me a message or contact me on AIM at Cat of Althanas.

Also if anyone is interested in a supply quest for the new Bandit Brotherhood I may be starting one of those soon so contact me in the same fashion as the introduction thread.

Kyo
02-01-08, 02:49 PM
All right, if there's anyone else joining the monster killing/rebuilding thread please do so now. I'll wait a few more days for anyone else to post and then I'll be moving on. Please contact me if you need some extra time to get your introduction in.

Kyo
02-05-08, 07:41 AM
Double post, woo yeah!

I guess I've waited long enough for anyone else interested to join. I'll hopefully pop out a post tonight, you don't need to keep the current posting order, but please only post once between mine so things don't get too hectic. There are quite a few of us afterall.

Papa Dagon
02-05-08, 06:11 PM
Agh, sorry. I wanted to get something in but the last few days have been heavy on studies and reports. If possible, could I join in in this round, since we haven't gotten to the place yet?

Kyo
02-05-08, 06:21 PM
Sure, you should have said something to me via PM or AIm though, then I would have waited longer.

Molotov
02-06-08, 09:32 PM
If you'd like to be part of a BB team for the Conquest Trials, post here letting me know. Also, if you have a preferred position, let me know that too.

Twelfth
02-06-08, 09:42 PM
I'd like to join this clan.

For whatever recruitment I'd get, Tyr would need a good IC reason to join. Coming from the family he does, he'd be hesitant to join a collection of bandits.

Crimson Rose
02-06-08, 09:48 PM
I would like to join one of the bandit brotherhood's teams for the Conquest trials, I"m not sure which position Mariah would prefer but probably a two team battle would work for her.

Molotov
02-06-08, 09:56 PM
I'd like to join this clan.

For whatever recruitment I'd get, Tyr would need a good IC reason to join. Coming from the family he does, he'd be hesitant to join a collection of bandits.

Did you have anything in mind for a recruitment? Welcome to the PG.

Twelfth
02-06-08, 10:11 PM
Not at the moment, unfortunately. I can have something tomorrow, though.

Kyo
02-07-08, 01:18 AM
Well, when you have an idea for an IC recruitment thread, either Molotov or I can participate in it, depending on who you would like. Or even if you want, any other member of the PG as long as they're willing.

Also, I'll be participating in the trials, obviously.

Lavinian Ambition
02-07-08, 02:32 AM
Throwing my hat in for the Trials. I got some knowledge in those areas, and I think it could be fun.

Kyo
02-07-08, 09:19 AM
Ah, and just as a note, since I'll be competing with another account in the LC section of the trials, I'll have to compete in the lone battles with Kyo. I'm not even going to try Gisela, that's never interested me anyway and I don't think I'd be good at it.

Cyrus the virus
02-07-08, 11:28 AM
Should've posted that I'm intentionally waiting for a small amount of time before thrusting Iz in there. The idea is to have him see a bit of a struggle on/near the ship and help out, or anything else that comes to mind.

Twelfth
02-07-08, 01:38 PM
Actually, is there anyway I'd be allowed to jump into the Zombie Pirate killing thread? This character's purpose is travel, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to make up a reson to jump in.

Molotov
02-09-08, 01:16 PM
Sorry about not getting back to you sooner Twelfth, but yes, jump into Zombie Pirate killing.

Alydia Ettermire
02-09-08, 04:27 PM
I'd like to say that I'm interested in joining this PG, but won't be active on this char for a while.

Garwocket
02-11-08, 05:38 PM
I asked Kyo if it would be odd for Garwocket to join, and seeing as how insanely interesting each person seems to be already, it wouldn't be hard to fit him in.

His history places him as being pretty much 'dropped' into Althanas in the Dheathain region already. And he's a thief, god knows you shouldn't say that to him though...

So! I'd love to see if that's cool and get a thread up and moving to enter into the ranks!

Molotov
02-11-08, 06:01 PM
Garwocket- If Kyo is cool with it, you're more than welcome to join. Pretty much any member in the PG can do an induction thread, so if you have someone in mind, ask them. Otherwise, I'm open to volunteers.

What in the World- We talked on AIM, welcome.

Serilliant
02-15-08, 09:45 PM
Sorry for the delay. Bandit Brotherhood is now an option for display in your profile. Simply add it from your User CP.

Bandit Brotherhood
02-17-08, 02:52 PM
I finally made the treasury record for the PG. I'd appreciate a few donations here and there.

Kyo
02-17-08, 10:35 PM
All right, We'll Rise Again... seems to have slowed down rather significantly. I'm giving it a few more days and then I'm posting again and I'll be advancing the storyline to the ruins.

Saxon
02-17-08, 10:51 PM
Kyo, just continue, anybody who wants in can always catch up if they need to. We need to keep the continuity going here, plus I'm going on hiatus for two weeks to a month after I finish Enemy, the tournament, my battle, and by some miracle the Galaxy if it ever picks back up again. I know Saxon isn't all important to the story or anything, but regardless, it'd be a good idea to stop waiting. Those who don't get in on it at first you can either have them write themselves in later or just have them join in on another quest.

Besides, I'd hate to see this thing die before I unleash 'it'. ;)

Kyo
02-17-08, 10:58 PM
Heh, ahh yes... 'it'. All right, I'll get a post up tomorrow though, as it's kind of late right now.

Lavinian Ambition
02-17-08, 11:23 PM
Posted *crosses fingers*

Cyrus the virus
02-18-08, 02:49 AM
I say we carry on with the awesome boat zombie thread.

MiaKane
02-18-08, 11:39 AM
I went and posted since you decided to move things along

Kyo
02-19-08, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry, I've kind of had... a rough night. I'll post when I get the chance.

MiaKane
02-19-08, 11:52 PM
don't worry, take your time kyo, no reason to push yourself for our sakes. Hope you have a better time tomorrow.

take care!

Tera
02-21-08, 07:00 PM
A fine Parchment letter sealed with fine blue wax that bears the seal of Imperial arrives by way of cloaked rider.

Dear Bandit Brotherhood,

Imperial wishes to invite you to the first annual Imperial hunt. Please send reservations as soon as possible. Due to the size of your group, we would like to see at least one of your ranks join us for this grand event. however due to limitations, we can only accommodate a maximum of three of your members.

There will be prizes for every trophy taken as well as a grand prize for one lucky hunter.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Signed,

Imperial Mother

Lavinian Ambition
02-21-08, 11:08 PM
Hmm, we sending anyone on this goose chase?

Molotov
02-21-08, 11:17 PM
I'll check with Kyo, but as far as I'm concerned, if some of our members want to go, I suppose they're welcome. As you can guess, this isn't really a high priority to me. We'll see what Kyo says, but until then, if you have interest, post it.

Izvilvin
02-22-08, 12:38 AM
Izvilvin is surely a good hunter. Perhaps he'd like to go, as long as he can work anonymously and do so behind a mask.

Izvilvin
02-22-08, 12:40 AM
DOUBLE POOPST

Let's work on getting an HQ! I absolutely want my EXP rewards >=D

Kyo
02-22-08, 08:04 PM
Well, the hunt isn;t a huge priority in my mind either. I would like to see us working on our HQ thread first rather than that, however if there are some members that have the time they are more than welcome to participate in Imperial's hunt. I, sadly, do not have the time to do so. I'm in too many threads as it is.

MiaKane
02-26-08, 12:10 AM
Hey where is everyone? Come on folks, lets get us an HQ!!!
I mean if it just comes down to Kyo and me, well then fine, but no cake and ice cream for anyone else.

I'm serious.

Really, I am.

No ice cream or cake.

not even a nibble.

So get posting d*mn it!

Lavinian Ambition
02-26-08, 12:19 AM
I'll post as soon as I calm down. Got someone beating my goat with a baseball bat.

Cyrus the virus
02-26-08, 05:58 AM
Shyam! I want to kill more zombies! This thread doesn't require your greatest focus :p

Saxon
02-26-08, 06:14 AM
Good luck to everybody in the tournament, lets kick some ass. ;)

Cyrus the virus
02-26-08, 07:55 AM
Make me proud, guys :)

Molotov
02-26-08, 01:19 PM
Shyam! I want to kill more zombies! This thread doesn't require your greatest focus :p

My life has been a singular focus up until this point on killing zombies. I don't see how that would have changed.

Anyways, I'll post tonight.

Cyrus the virus
02-26-08, 01:28 PM
Goddamn right you will. I pretty much spend my days dreaming up more ways to kill those things.

Saxon
02-26-08, 01:42 PM
28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later must be considered training videoes for you guys rather than horror films. Eh? :rolleyes:

Witchblade
02-26-08, 01:44 PM
Nah, Shawn of the Dead is more like it.

Saxon
02-26-08, 01:45 PM
Shaun of the dead was awesome. Hot Fuzz, even though not a zombie movie, is arguably better. =P

Witchblade
02-26-08, 02:02 PM
Ahh, my bad on the spelling. And yes, Hot Fuzz was much better, I just watched it again a few days ago. But we should keep conversations in this thread strickly to things about the BB and not movies. ^^;

Twisted Infinitum
02-26-08, 02:46 PM
Sorry to interrupt, but there's something I have to say. The wellbeing of my soul as well as 98% of the world's bunny population depends on it.

SHYAM OF THE DEAD

You may return to your regularly scheduled power grouping stuffs.

Cyrus the virus
02-26-08, 03:16 PM
Why the hell didn't we name the thread that!?

Molotov
02-26-08, 05:37 PM
Why the hell didn't we name the thread that!?

In fact, I believe we did.

Saxon
03-02-08, 10:39 AM
I hope you folks aren't waiting for me on Rise or anything because I've been waiting on you all to take off so I can let time pass a couple hours so Saxon's vaccine can take affect. Don't hesitate to leave the poor bastard behind, he'll catch up. ;)

MiaKane
03-03-08, 03:16 PM
well sax, i dont necissarily think that we are waiting on you...

WE ARE WAITING ON ANYONE!!!

what the *bleep* is taking ya all so long? you want some other PG (like the nwo) to come get us next? We should at least have some sort of state of readiness.

we're *bleeping* Bandits after all!

Cause i swear, if i have to, I'll turn this thing into a solo, though im sure Kyo would continue on with me.

I know theres a clan war, but that still doesnt mean we cant be preparing for our turn.

Saxon
03-03-08, 04:07 PM
Considering some of NWO's allies are embedded in this clan, I think the Brotherhood is probably safe from that kind of conflict. ;) But eh, don't worry about it, Mia, we've got a bunch of shit heading our way anyway. Pat, Shyam, Meagan, and I are in the tournament to begin with so that divides some of our time up, not to mention all the individual stuff we have to do and all that. I don't mind that Rise is taking so long, because one way or another it'll be finished, but I agree the pace needs to be picked up a little bit.

MiaKane
03-03-08, 04:35 PM
i threw out the nwo as an example, it doesn't mean others wont be tempted to follow in their footsteps.

Saxon
03-03-08, 04:38 PM
Well, I'll be the first to say statements like that should be said behind closed doors rather than publically for tactical and political reasons, but hey, not everybody shares my level of discretion when it comes to that sort of thing.

Anyway, if it were to come to such a thing, I really doubt we'd be in as rough shape as Imperial was in before Max went on his "Recruit-The-World" spree for the war. Don't worry about the Brotherhood in this kind of situation, your ass is covered. :rolleyes:

Sighter Tnailog
03-03-08, 09:56 PM
Max Brooks' The Zombie Survival Guide is really all you need to prepare for the inevitable zombie holocaust (http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html).

MiaKane
03-14-08, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone,

Yes, im still going to hound for the HQ thread, so lets keep going. but other than that,

I'm wanting to run a clan quest, for some supplies. I'm not sure where yet, but i think it would be good to get going on something like that too.

Kyo
03-15-08, 12:12 AM
Sadly, the HQ thread is going to stay inactive until Molotov returns... the last time I talked to him he was sick and then he just disappeared again. I'm starting to worry about him but I have no way of getting in touch with him other than Althanas or AIM.

MiaKane
03-15-08, 11:04 PM
okay Kyo,

then alright droogies, lets get a good ole quest going eh?

Kyo
03-16-08, 01:56 PM
If anyone is looking for something to do, I've been thinking of organizing two raids that will take place during the next chapter of the FQ. One will definitely happen in Raiaera considering the elves current state of affairs, the other can also take place there or in one of the other regions involved in the FQ. If anyone is interested in this, they should talk to me over AIM or MSN.

Kyo
04-03-08, 07:50 AM
All right guys, we're growing inactive here and I'd actually like to keep this clan alive. The headquarters thread is currently on hold due to Molotov's inactivity. He's alive, I've talked to him, but I don't know when he's going to have the time to come back.

I'd like to see a quick roll call on who is available to do some raids.

Lavinian Ambition
04-03-08, 12:23 PM
Present.

Saxon
04-03-08, 02:05 PM
Alive and willing.. at the moment.

MiaKane
04-03-08, 02:34 PM
you know it!

Taskmienster
04-03-08, 02:52 PM
I'm going to have to ask that Garwocket be relieved of his position, due to my lack of ability to write with him... (I really only wrote when I was wasted off my ass, and he was spawned that way too.).

However, if you wouldn't mind having Lars around a bit I'd be more than willin' to throw him into the mix for a good while. No real plans for now with him, so he can fit almost anywhere... plus he's a former pirate-esque kinda guy, with a love for money, looting, and stronger powers.

Kyo
04-03-08, 05:57 PM
Lars is more than welcome, from what I've read of him, I think he'd fit right in.

All right... over the next few days I'm going to try racking my brains to see if I can come up with two raids. If anyone has any ideas feel free to come to me with them and don't mind me if I bounce some of my ideas off you guys over AIM.

Papa Dagon
04-03-08, 06:53 PM
Presently

Dat is how I roll.

Cyrus the virus
04-03-08, 08:01 PM
Also here.

Kyo
04-06-08, 09:29 AM
The Raid on Raiaera: The undead forces under Xem’Zund’s control have finally broken past all the defences that the elves could possibly put in place and overrun the Raiaeran cities. The elves had fled their once magnificent cities, leaving them to ruin while Xem’Zund slowly picks them apart, searching for anything worthwhile hidden within. Of course, The Bandit Brotherhood also plans to capitalize on this situation, after all, there must be something worth the trip and the danger left in the cities. So, with the help of Saxon and Jared, Kyo has organized a raid that will be focused on the ancient city of Anebrilith. The object is to sneak in as quietly as possible, avoid as many undead as possible and steal whatever can be of use to the clan. The mission will take place during the day to avoid the advantage that the undead would have over the group at night.

If you're interested in joining this raid, please let me know. Right now the participating members are Kyo, Jared and Saxon, and my thanks to the two of them for helping me sort out the ideas for this raid.

Papa Dagon
04-06-08, 12:14 PM
I'm in for this!

MiaKane
04-06-08, 02:11 PM
ah, I want in, cause i thought i was.....meow....

Kyo
04-06-08, 07:10 PM
All right, you two are in as well.

I'll hopefully get the thread up tomorrow but I make no promises.

Kyo
04-08-08, 08:15 AM
Well, a bit of information has come to my attention which is slightly changing my game plan. Might actually change it in a good way as well. So, the thread posting has just been delayed a bit so I can work out a few things in my head. Though you can expect it today or tomorrow.

Kyo
04-09-08, 08:22 AM
Whoo, a triple post!

One Person's Loss... (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=113019#post113019)

There is no posting order right now, but once everyone has put up their first post we'll try to keep to that order unless we need to break it. Also, I blame Pat for not having this up last night since it was mostly done. He knows why.

Lavinian Ambition
04-09-08, 01:18 PM
Hey now, I left you with HOURS before you usually go to sleep.

I refuse blame on this one!

Saxon
04-09-08, 03:57 PM
Will post as soon as I can, or whenever I get the time for it. Whatever comes first. :(

Kyo
04-28-08, 12:23 AM
Well, due to time constraints beyond the realm of Althanas, Molotov has dropped the BB and his co-leadership position from it. Which means that Kyo is now the sole leader of the clan, and it also means we can do one of a few things:

We can start We'll Rise Again... over from the beginning since we have lost three people from that quest already. Or, we can continue it as is knowing our score may not be that great, but we'll still most likely get our prized HQ.

Also, the FQ tread is moving... rather slow, so I'm not sure if it would be safe to even restart the HQ thread and spread everyone too thin.

As of right now we're not doing very much and I'd like that to change. There are a few immediate goals I have in mind and some long term ones, but we need more activity in order to get there. What I would really like to see is our member base grow.

Lavinian Ambition
04-28-08, 01:43 AM
I apologize for my slowness, I'm still kicking this cold, I should be normal in a day or two...(I hope)

Saxon
04-28-08, 01:58 PM
We're actually focusing on something for once. I'd say keep moving with the FQ and see if we can get that done first before we worry about the HQ or anything.

Kyo
04-28-08, 02:14 PM
Yes, I see what you mean. Soon though, as long as I have my writing mojo back, I'll be throwing up something to hopefully attract a few more members, which is our biggest draw back right now. This is something I can run separately from the FQ so as not to decrease it's activity by needing anyone else to join in on it.

Deus di Eclave
04-28-08, 05:45 PM
As per a discussion over AIM with Kyo, I will be joining the Brotherhood once she "gets her mojo back". I look forward to it.

MiaKane
04-28-08, 08:45 PM
yay, more members, welcome on board

Stumbleduck
04-30-08, 08:35 PM
I am SO in. Diversion, at your service.

Kyo
05-01-08, 08:14 AM
Awesome, you can talk to me or any other member about your recruitment thread.

Zel Donovan
05-02-08, 08:22 PM
Second ninja. I'm in if you'll allow me.

Kyo
05-02-08, 09:53 PM
Most definitely, I'll be contacting you shortly about an initiation thread.

MiaKane
05-02-08, 10:57 PM
yay, more ninjas and gnooooooooome and elf meat.

Lavinian Ambition
05-04-08, 08:52 PM
Alright, I'm back and I'm feeling it. Expect a posting spree through shit...

Kyo
05-06-08, 12:39 PM
Deus your intiate thread is up.

Take what you get... (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=117978#post117978)