PDA

View Full Version : Custom Usertitles

Lucien
01-26-08, 07:34 PM
I'd rather start a new discussion on this, instead of turning to a thread (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=11469) that's title is more a question than an actual talk.

You'll see from the link above that the moderator idea to have usertitles be granted for activity and recruitment has gone into inactivity. I think it's fair for members to pressure the mod-staff into some sort of answer as to if the staff intends to make further attempts at creating ideas around using usertitles as rewards, or if the idea will stay dead. If it is latter, I don't see it as too much of a stretch for the population of Althanas to ask for the usertitles back, at least until a plan is underway and nearing fruition that will allow the general population to earn titles and other rewards in interesting fashion.

Serilliant
01-26-08, 08:15 PM
I would recommend that the users not partition for usertitles. You are far more likely to achieve success if you band together.

Ha.

In any case, I have been in the process of developing a more automated system for dealing with rewards associated with recruitment and activity. Those of you who have been around for a while may remember the OOC store we had several years ago where things such as usertitles or glowing usernames could be purchased. The system I am envisioning is similar to that.

There is a delay in development due to a coming new version of the forum software that Althanas uses. This new version may conflict with any coding changes we make with regards to an OOC store. There are also several new features that we are working on to coincide with the release of the new forum version.

Rest assured, though, that the ability to purchase usertitles will be returning in the near future. In addition, any activity until then (including recruiting new members) will be counted once the system is implemented.

The Barbarian
01-26-08, 11:51 PM
Sweet!

It's tough trying to find people that actually WANT to have their work judged and critqued. Too many want to just say "pewpew you're dead biotch!"

Slayer of the Rot
01-27-08, 03:12 AM
Listen Brian, if you let me have a user title I'll arrange for you to have gay sex with Heath Ledger.

Oh, wait...

Aeraul Smythe
01-27-08, 10:50 AM
Don't worry, there's still Jake Gyllenhaal.