PDA

View Full Version : House of Sora

The Architect
01-26-08, 08:41 PM
Goal
The House of Sora’s aim is to further the progress of civilization in the most optimum manor possible, whether it be by war, diplomacy, research, or economics.

Admission
Becoming a member of the House of Sora requires three simple steps.
1. Express your desire to join the group in this thread with your character’s desired nickname (must have something to do with the sky).
2. One of the House leaders will evaluate your registration for in character continuity. Don’t sweat this though. We haven’t turned down anyone yet. Upon approval you will be able to take advantage of the Membership Benefits below.
3. Participate in a quest that furthers the House’s goals. You can either pick from the House Mission’s below, or make your own quest.

Membership Benefits
Full fledged members and hopefuls alike are allowed to utilize the resources below.
200 level 0 armed cavalry
400 level 0 armed infantry
Several new NPCs
The Tameran Estate
The Starmare Manor
2 War Galleons
Terms of use can be found in this thread (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=10396).

House Missions
These are quests that will help further the House of Sora’s. Patriarchs and Matriarchs of the Lodges and House submit missions here. Any member can take the missions, even the leaders who’ve submitted it.

The Day Radasanth Sank (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=5511)(Main House) - Claimed & COMPLETED by Alberdyne Cormyr and The Architect
[The Myth of the Foinse Saoil (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=93990#post93990)(Lodge Vespera) - Claimed by Aerys
Hustle (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=9596)(Lodge Peregrine) - Claimed by Alberdyne and Streak
The Cartographers (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=6709)(Main House) - Claimed by DarkStorm & Seline
Advent of Labor (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=5995)(Main House) - Claimed by Anila and Io
Advent of The Artisans (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=6197)(Main House) Claimed by Alberdyne and Io
Soil of The Sun (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=5856)(Lodge Diviyoni) - Claimed by The Valkyrie and The Architect Keep up with this story to discover the origin of Lodge Diviyoni.
The Archaeologists (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=70321#post70321)(Lodge Peregrine) - Claimed by Ataraxis, Rajani Aishwara, and The Architect Keep up with this story to discover the origin of Lodge Peregrine
The Eluriand Grand Theatre (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=70989#post70989)(Main House) - Claimed by Artifex and Architect
Outreach to Alerar (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=5881)(Lodge Diviyoni) - Claimed & COMPLETED by Streak101
The Terranus Defection (http://http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=8042)(Lodge Bladestorm).Claimed and COMPLETED by Abenaki
The Living Villa (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=6699)(Lodge Vespera) - Claimed by Samoa & Xos
A Fleeting Desire (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=6926)(Lodge Bladestorm) - Claimed & COMPLETED by Streak101, Seline, & Valanthe

Membership
Below you will find a list of every member of the group, including their IC name, account name, nickname, and rank. The House has four subdivisions or lodges, each representing and specializing in a significant aspect of civilization. Members are not to join a lodge. A lodge’s leader posts House Missions regarding its focus, and members will be able to pick from them.

Patriarch of the House: Seti “Astrophel” Dylan (The Architect)

Ancestors of the House
Ken “Ol’ Sol” Kilpatrick (NPC) (Ship Builder)
Tulmatra “Luna” Methadras (NPC) (Surveyor)
Akhanatin “Aurora” Ra (NPC) (Mason)

Relatives of the House
Leon "Lux" Timyon (Artifex Felicis)
Banda "Nimbus" Utako (streak101)
Anila "Keikoku" Sakurazuka (Anila)
Jonathan "Waela Slyan" King (Bohemia)
Io "Nox" Beauregard (Io Beauregard)
Aiden "Antares" Darkstorm (DarkStorm)
Jasmine "Dawn" Matrino (Jasmine)
Alberdyne "Corona" Cormyr (Alberdyne_Cormyr)
Xos "Divum" Xilanthes (Xos)
Wrae "Pegasus" Launcey (Samoa)
Atzar "Ether" Kellon (Atzar Kellon)
Kara "Selene" Dragon Keeper (Seline)
Valanthe "Celeste" Xiloscent (Valanthe)
Afra “Solstice” Longbraid (Agnirei)
Monica “Snowcrest” (HikariAngel)
Aerys "Penombra" Okala (Aerys)
Caduceus “Azoth” Grimaldi (Zook Murnig)
Jada “Tibik-kìzis” (Abenaki)
Christina "Rosette" Bredith (Christina Bredith)
Leon "Zon" Kanderli (Leon)

Lodge Diviyoni (Diplomacy)
In the language of Fallien, the word ‘Diviyoni’ has the meaning of ‘sky-born’. True to its name, the Lodge watches over diplomatic relations between the House and its allies, as well as its potential foes. Although it is clear that the House of Sora will resort to forceful acts when necessary, the undertaking of negotiations and maintenance of international relations for the purpose of peacekeeping remains its frontline weapon of choice. The members of this Lodge are expected to participate in talks as well as oversee trades and negotiations with nations, companies, individuals and even other interest groups. The House of Sora may have the power to tame most enmities, but its chief desire is to develop as many friendships and alliances as there are stars in the sky.

Matriarch of the Lodge: Brynhilde "Elding" Darkthorne (The Valkyrie) (Diplomat)

Lodge Peregrine (Financial)
The Peregrine Lodge is an international private equity firm. It is named after Rajani Aishwara’s luxury ship, The Peregrine in which it is headquartered. The firm operates four fund families, focusing on leveraged takeovers, venture growth & capital, real estate, and leveraged finance investments. The former Peregrine Group's goal, economic interest for the greater good, is similar to what the House of Sora seeks for the world, which is why this annex has taken place.

Patriarch of the Lodge: Rajani "Stardust" Aishwara (Entrepreneur)

Lodge Bladestorm (Military)
The name "Bladestorm" comes from the name of an offensive initiated by the ancient Coronian clans over 2000 years ago to expel the foreigners who, though at first welcomed into the land, had begun encroaching on their nomadic way of life. As the House of Sora understands and embraces the fact that peaceful solutions to problems are sometimes fanciful thinking at best, the lodge stands as its vanguard in military and tactical affairs when diplomatic methods fail to achieve the desired result. Members of Lodge Bladestorm may be drawn from a wide array of experiences, from those who live only for battle, to those frail, brilliant few who prefer to think up the strategies and tactics and leave the grunt work for their subordinates; all warriors and strategists may find their place here.

Patriarch of the Lodge: Alberdyne 'Corona' Cormyr (Warrior)

Lodge Vespera (Magic & Technology or Research & Development)
‘Chase not the tail of time, but hold its leash. Be not a follower of bygone glories, but spearhead into a future of prosperity.’ To merely fall into the strides of progress is not the goal of Lodge Vespera; its task is to light the path into the darkness of ignorance, as does the evening star after which it was named. In keeping with the philosophy of the House, the members of the association strive to bring beneficial changes to the world through the synergic combination of science and magic. Whatever knowledge they do not possess is sought out, assimilated and, with assiduity and efficiency, improved upon. The mages and scientists of this lodge are pioneers, working hand in hand to surpass whatever obstacle stands in their respective ways. For this reason, they have accomplished much, from innovations in the realm of transportation to groundbreaking advancements in military arms. Welcome are the open and inquisitive minds that fear not the call of grand discoveries, for in Lodge Vespera, the sky is never the limit.

Matriarch of the Lodge: Lillian "Welkin" Sesthal (Ataraxis) (Scholar)

Iras Sarwing
01-31-08, 12:26 AM
I would be interested in joining. The nickname I would like is Stratus.

I'm interested in the Myth of the Foinse quest to join as part of the admission quest thingie.

Ataraxis
02-04-08, 05:39 PM
Sorry for the wait!

Welcome to the House, Iras 'Stratus' Sarwing! We're happy to have you with us!

And please, do join! The more the merrier!

streak101
02-09-08, 11:37 PM
Are we going to participate in the new tournament ?

Ataraxis
02-14-08, 07:25 PM
If there's anyone here interested, give in your names! If there are enough, I'll throw in my name for this too!

streak101
02-14-08, 08:18 PM
the tournament? I'm in in in!

Alberdyne_Cormyr
02-14-08, 08:27 PM
If there's a HOS team you can count on the Patriarch of Lodge Bladestorm to be in there without a doubt. I'm interested in the Gisela Style battle! Count me in gang.

Ataraxis
02-14-08, 08:28 PM
Guess we just need one more for a team, so step up people! It'd be great if we could have multiple teams in this, too.

HikariAngel
02-14-08, 08:31 PM
I'll join! It'll have to be the solo, since I'm not sure how the Gisela-style works.

Ataraxis
02-14-08, 09:10 PM
Woo! Well if Alberdyne is doing the Gisela, we could do the 2v2 and switch to something else next round.

HikariAngel
02-14-08, 09:24 PM
I'm already in the 2v2 for Sine Nomine, and the rules say that I can't do the same thing with two accounts.

Ataraxis
02-14-08, 09:31 PM
Oh, crud. Well there's a problem too, I'm also in a 2v2... and the Gisela. The only way I could participate is in the individual thing.

HikariAngel
02-14-08, 09:56 PM
If you could get on messenger, we could discuss this more efficiently. I would not be opposed to doing the Gisela type, but I just don't know what I'm doing and I don't want to sabotage everyone's chances by my ineptitude.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
02-15-08, 08:04 PM
Yo fellas we gotta register our team already. I think we can have multiple teams from the same power group. So Ataraxis please contact me on AIM asap so we can plan this competition out better. I'm really interested in either the individual competition or the Gisela style competition.

streak101
02-15-08, 08:54 PM
*cough* *cough*

I'll do half of our 2 man team
anyone wanna team up with a crazed mercenary bent on avenging his loss at the Gisela?

Seline
02-16-08, 06:03 PM
If needed, I'm in, for anything.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
02-17-08, 01:32 PM
I think we got a full team. Can I go ahead an register us? Or are you going to do this Ataraxis?

Ataraxis
02-17-08, 05:16 PM
Alright, you can go ahead with it Lor!

Alberdyne_Cormyr
02-17-08, 07:42 PM
All righty gang here it is.

PG=House of Sora.
Team Name=Celestial Warriors
Team Captain=Alberdyne Cormyr
1v1=HikariAngel
2v2=Banda & Seline
Gisela=Alberdyne Cormyr.

You are all expected to fulfill your House of Sora duties and represent. Let's aim to win!

streak101
02-17-08, 08:01 PM
Seline, as long as your active the entire time through this thing, I have no problems with being your partner :)

Seline
02-17-08, 10:18 PM
I'll be as active as I can when I can, the only thing I'll need to worry about is work, but I'll be active before and after those hours.

streak101
02-17-08, 11:24 PM
then we'll be fine :cool:

Alberdyne_Cormyr
02-20-08, 12:41 AM
Yeah we have a solid squad. We ought to do really well.

Tera
02-21-08, 06:59 PM
A fine Parchment letter sealed with fine blue wax that bears the seal of Imperial arrives by way of cloaked rider.

Dear House of Sora,

Imperial wishes to invite you to the first annual Imperial hunt. Please send reservations as soon as possible. Due to the size of your group, we would like to see at least one of your ranks join us for this grand event. however due to limitations, we can only accommodate a maximum of five of your members.

There will be prizes for every trophy taken as well as a grand prize for one lucky hunter.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Signed,

Imperial Mother

streak101
02-22-08, 01:18 PM
eh? sounds like a challenge....perhaps a distraction from the PG tourney?

streak101
03-02-08, 02:49 PM
Seline? Wanna....come help? ^^;

streak101
03-09-08, 10:05 AM
NOTICE: I'm moving, already left my old house have to find a new one to live in. Currently living at my grandmother's house

No internet whatsoever yet, but this is old news so as you can see i've been able to keep up my posting. Just lettin you guys know in case my posting does slow

Seline
03-12-08, 07:42 PM
Okay I really need to apologise to Streak, a major real life situation came up, which unfortunately kept me away from the internet. It has only just resolved itself and I can now get access to the internet again. I really do apologise as I just realized I'm a little too late to join in the tourney

streak101
03-14-08, 05:44 PM
if we pass the round you get another chance

I've been on a lot of life situations myself that have kept me from ALthanas, and at worst timing.

No worries,

EDIT: btw, what was the situation?

Samoa
04-03-08, 01:40 AM
Well, I'm here again briefly to express:
A. pleasure at the obvious liveliness of the House, and
B. continuing regret at my absence. It's a rough karma year for me.

Good luck to everyone. Keep the sweet words coming until I get a chance to join in.

And thanks, Archie, for the work you do to make this a great clan!

Abomination
04-03-08, 02:02 AM
Well, I'm here again briefly to express:
A. pleasure at the obvious liveliness of the House, and

You have a very generous definition of 'lively'.

Samoa
04-03-08, 03:31 PM
Ah. Well, insofar as since I last showed up there's a new thread, new members, new assets. The House is kicking, as it should be. I need to get my act together and swing back in.

Ataraxis
04-03-08, 11:20 PM
In all honesty, it could be faring a tad better.

It's good to see you back, Sam! If you want to get back into the swing of things, you can claim something on the mission board or start up something of your own and recruit House members for it.

Samoa
04-05-08, 07:49 PM
I'd love to. Actually, I have an old incomplete House mission lying around (The Living Villa (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=6699)) that would be nice to revive. I thought it was coming along o.k.; it has some nice spoils too. I'd be interested to hear if someone would like to join in and complete it with me. Looks like my original partner's dropped off the radar since October.

In fact: if a few of you would give the link a look, and if someone were to express serious interest, I think it would be great to get involved again at least in that respect. I honestly wasn't all that impressed by the high speed/low content approach my last compatriot took, but I know there's a lot of talent around here.

So, take a look-see if you would. And let me know if you're the one =] I have a briefing and some other details pertaining to the mission I'll send you, and we'll get it on the road.

Ataraxis
04-05-08, 07:58 PM
If you want to finish what's already there, I can join in and cameo until the finish. If you a remake, then another member would definitely be better!

Samoa
04-10-08, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the offer =]

The world has made another rotation over here though, and I'll be out of commission for a few weeks, home and job hunting. I'll renew contact when it's feasible...

Good luck to everybody in the meantime!

streak101
05-06-08, 10:05 PM
*pokes head through imaginery door*

Sorry about the absence guys, my pc broke down and the work at school has refrained me from accessing any computer. Hopefully I'll be able to finish those quests with you Pavel :P

Ataraxis
05-07-08, 07:20 AM
Good to have you back, Streak! And if you think this place is too quiet, don't worry. It won't be for very long.

streak101
05-07-08, 01:01 PM
oh no, I don't mind the quiet :)
I feel relaxed right now, have been lately actually, so I'll be posting today again hopefully, you know, to get back in the mood of things.

Ataraxis
05-07-08, 01:55 PM
Glad to hear that! I'll be joining you shortly. I should be done with the bulk of my studies by friday, and we can start something up if you feel in the mood for it!

Alberdyne_Cormyr
05-09-08, 10:33 PM
Gang-

It has come to my attention that Seti and Rajanas(SP?) don't seem to be around any longer. As what seems to be going on with a lot of PG's around here, it seems like our leadership has abandoned us which is disastrous. Streak and I had a long talk about the current state of affairs with the HOS and we came up with an idea for how to save our group.

Right now, leadership is needed and we, the core members of the group, have to step up and claim that leadership when our leaders have seemingly abandoned us. Before I step any further into this, I want to know from ANYONE of our members, has anybody talked to Seti recently? If so, please contact me immediately. Streak and I have come up with some ideas to take the HOS forward in light of recent events affecting Althanas to the core. (Such as the NWO declaring war on weak PG's) It is my intention to be prepared should the NWO attempt to attack us to continue their reign of terror.

Or any other PG. I have a serious proposal to make to all of us since we are a family and the concerns of the HOS affect all members. I want us all to equally decide what's best for the PG (Even moving on) together. I will be placing down my proposal to better the PG in my next post. But for now, I want a head count of whose still actively with us besides Streak and myself. If you're a member of HOS please respond to this post immediately as possible so I can get a headcount and understand what it is that I'm dealing with for the nature of our proposal to save HOS from extinction.

With that in mind, go ahead and post if you're a member of HOS. Consider this a call for unison and a test of loyalty to the House of Sora. I want only what is best for our PG. And as members, we have to step up. As I've been saying, I got a plan which will be revealed after everybody checks in with me.

streak101
05-09-08, 11:47 PM
...And on a side-note, it doesn't affect anyone badly!

Ataraxis
05-10-08, 06:42 AM
I had my own ideas of reviving the HoS after my exams, but I'd be happy to share them with you so that we can all work at it. I'm, naturally, in this with you guys.

As for leadership, a triumvirate would work best since that would deal with most of the absenteism issues (the others picking up if one needs to go away for a while).

I'll catch you both on AIM so that we can discuss it further!

streak101
05-11-08, 07:26 PM
Sounds good! Catch you both on AIM.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
05-14-08, 01:59 PM
Okay gang here's the scoop. In order to save the House of Sora we need new leadership. Ataraxis and myself have come up with a good way of saving the PG but we're gonna need the help of you Althanas! We're starting a new thread for the PG and we're starting a new House of Sora mission that will be opened to the general public. People interested in joining the House of Sora, now is the time. There are great things planned in for the future of this PG. For now, we're just sitting in the shadows and preparing for our rise to power once more. Keep your eyes posted. The new leadership of the House of Sora includes Ataraxis, Streak101, and myself. If you're interested in joining HOS please contact either of us for necessary details.