PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Times (Closed to Moonscar)

Secrets of the Moon
05-24-06, 11:29 PM
The sun was bright and hot over head, as vendors shouted out their wares, the cloaked dog girl could only blink twice before she folded her ears close to her silver hair. She still couldn’t quite get over the fact that she and Shi were now traveling companions. Slowly she walked across the cobble stone streets, she knew that Shi had said something about wanting to do something special now that they had a moment of peace….

Slowly her golden-brown eyes drifted over to where she saw a vendor shouting that he had “Rods for sale! The best bait! Everything you would need for a perfect date out on the lake…or to get yourself the finest fish dinner!” Tessa let out a soft bark, before her furry and soft light blue tail swished behind her. Heading over to the vendor’s stall, she picked up an Oak fishing rod with a shining steel hook. Testing the reel, she smiled before she turned to drop the required amount of gold coins on the vendor’s stall. Smiling she then proceeded to select bait, and a bucket to hold caught fish in. Turning around to look at Shi she murmurs “Hmmm I know we had it rough when those shades of yours attacked us…then my father’s pack had to also be there…but why don’t we go to a nearby lake and go fishing?” She then smiled expectantly her ears wiggling as she waited for Shi’s answer.

“Yeah…let’s go.” Shi said slowly wiping the blood away from his lips.

Tessa nods slowly as she moves to go on her way. Looking back at the stall, she smiled slightly, she was happy that their was a moment of peace…but she knew it had not been easy to earn the safety and peace that the two had now. Her mind slowly drifted off to the way that Shi had protected her. He was so strong…he took injuries that were really meant for me……He didn’t have to do that. I can defend myself……he didn’t have to protect me. She then studied the back of Shi’s head as a smile curved on her soft lips. She knew that the boy was stubborn, and that if she had told him to leave her be, he wouldn’t have. A soft sigh escaped her as she thought softly Despite his stubbornness, he is a good, sweet guy and I’m beginning to like him….so if he wants to protect me again, that’s alright..though I hope next time he doesn’t get so badly injured….

Slowly she moved through Corone’s streets until they had moved out to a more rural area. Smiling as she finally spotted a soft blue lake. She moved to take out a green blanket….spreading it on the grass. She knelt down on it putting the fishing gear on the blanket. Turning to smile at Shi she murmurs “I guess here would be a good spot to fish….if you’d just relax for a moment…we can rest and then start attempting to catch some fish for dinner.” She said softly. She then turned to stare out at the lake thinking quietly Father…I know I saw you before…but where are you now?

Moonscar
05-25-06, 11:38 PM
Ignoring the suns heat, as it pounded on Shi’s weak figure, the youth placed some coins down taking an oak rod and a hook in return. I feel so wore out.. These battles aren’t easy. Touching his shoulder with his right arm, he flinched letting out a soft groan. Sh*t I hope she doesn’t notice.. He smiled and looked at her, following her lead. Its good to have some peace, but I know it wont last…

Finally he stopped. While Tessa placed the blanket down, Shi removed his backpack and placed it on the edge. A soft, tender ‘mew’ was heard from within the bag. The youth giggled, and opened the brown flap, revealing the soft glow of Ruby’s red scales. Petting her head Shi said, “I bet you’re hungry too”

Before sitting the youth removed all four sheaths, placing them near his bag. He sighed, the heat finally getting to him. On impulse he removed his shirt, revealing countless scars covering most of his slender cheat and a large bruise on his shoulder. Almost instantly he blushed. Shi was so used to being by himself, that he would normally do such a thing. Too late now I guess.

Looking at the hook, Shi touched it, trying to keep the hook from swinging around. A short gust of wind caused it to flick out of his hand, and scratch his finger, trickles of blood forming around it. Ruby jumped out of the bag and begun to growl at the hook, knawing at it. Shi just sat back and started to laugh. Shi placed his hand on the tender child, petting it softly. “Its okay." He said, lifting her up and placing her in his lap. The youth gently flicked the hook into the lake as Rudy settled into his lap, curling into a ball.

"Its nice here.” Shi said, moving the rod to his left hand, and gesturing to hold Tessa’s hand. I think this feel very right..

Secrets of the Moon
05-27-06, 12:32 AM
Squeezing Shi's hand as it joined her own, Tessa softly responded "Yes it is beautiful here..." The dog girl then released Shi's hand as she turned to stare at the lake's calm surface. She wasn't sure if this spot was the most perfect place to fish, she had only assumed since the water was close to where they had purchased their fishing gear, that this particular spot was teeming with good fish. Looking at the Oaken rod she had bought, Tessa used her tail to scoop it up from the mess of other gear she had purchased. Giggling as the wood carressed her soft fur, she moved the handle into her hands before she pivoted on the blanket so that she was facing the water.

Staring into the blueness, the dog girl's golden eyes lit up, before she moved to cast off the line. The hook landed with a soft plop in the shimmering waters. However it was then that Tessa realized she had forgot to put bait on the hook. Slowly she reeled her line back in, looking at the water dripping off the hook, she turned to grin at Shi before she murmurs "Shi...I was silly...I tossed the hook into the water without baiting it!"

Giggling girlishly, Tessa moved to rummage around for bait, but sighed as she found none. Dapping her head lightly with her tail she murmurs "Oh...looks like I forgot to buy bait..silly me..."She then tossed the hook into the water again and hoped that the fish would bite, despite the fact that her reel was baited. She then smiled when she heard the soft plop , she then leaned back holding the rod with her tail as she turned to look up at the sky. She noticed that the clouds were light and puffy, a sure sign that today would be a gorgeous day. Smiling as she begin to count the passing clouds she had begin to get to the thirties when she felt a slight tug on her tail. Grimacing as she was interrupted from her daydream of clouds, she sat up and moved the rod into her hands.

Holding it tightly she begin to reel the line in slowly as the weight of the fish tugged at her hands. Gritting her teeth, Tessa begin to reel the fish in more swiftly before she saw the water splash and begin to ripple. The fish danced out of the water with a show of water droplets as it landed flopping its tail on her blanket. Moving to grasp it with her tail, she dropped it in the bucket she had gotten and murmurs “There we got one for dinner…lets see if we can catch anymore…” She then moved to bait her hook again and toss it in the water before she turned to watch Shi. Her eyes blinked as she saw the scars and she winced as she halted tossing the hook in the water. Moving closer to Shi, she moved to trace one of his scars gently as she murmurs “These look like they hurt….are you alright? Do you need any healing salve or anything?” She softly asked him as she looked at him with concern. Her eyes then fell on the little ruby red dragon and she smiled briefly before she moved to pet Ruby whispering "Aren't you just adorable...your just so cute..like a little pet kitten.." She then kissed the top of Ruby's head murmuring "I think your sweet Ruby but I need to tend to Shi now. You just rest in his lap while I see if his wounds need to be tended." She then moved her hand off Ruby's soft scales and turned to Shi murmuring "Are you alright?"

Letho
09-24-06, 10:04 AM
This thread has been closed due to inactivity and moved to the Archives. If you wish to reactivate this thread, please PM me or one of the administrators.