PDA

View Full Version : How long does it usually take...

The Writing Writer
02-05-08, 05:43 PM
For a battle/quest to be judged? Mines been sitting idle for almost a week now and I'm just curious. The battle is 22 posts long.

Lucien
02-05-08, 05:51 PM
Did you check the status of it in the judges' line? You can find out who's judging it and contact them.

Edit: The link's on the althanas.com/world page, near your avatar, near where the "check your private messages" are.

Karuka
02-05-08, 05:53 PM
Things get judged when they get judged. Judges are human, too, and have things that come up. Your battle has been claimed, and will be judged whenever the judge finishes reading it and typing up his judgment.

The Writing Writer
02-05-08, 05:55 PM
I was just curious. Jeeeeeze. >_>

Witchblade
02-05-08, 06:26 PM
It's just that we often take offense to it when someone starts pestering us about Althanas. We are volunteers after all and though we underdstand that you want your judgements done quickly, we have lives and we want time to write in our quests too. So when we constantly get pestered over when a judgement is going to be done, it gets rather annoying and unnecessarily stressful.

The Writing Writer
02-05-08, 06:58 PM
Well, again I was just curious as I've not had very many threads judged before. I'm not in any kind of rush. I was just asking.

Serilliant
02-05-08, 09:56 PM
There's absolutely no harm in requesting a status update.

I would like to echo Lucien's comments about the status checker. Typically, the judge will leave you a message with an estimated time to completion, and update the message as required. If you notice that the message does not give an estimated time or gives a time that has passed, feel free to contact the judge via PM.

I apologize for the delay in your judgement. I assure you that whomever is working on your thread will have it ready as quickly as possible.

Rayse Valentino
02-05-08, 10:29 PM
He's honestly curious and not rushing anyone, otherwise he would post more often than once per week in our battle...

Edward Judorne
02-07-08, 05:15 AM
Did you check the status of it in the judges' line? You can find out who's judging it and contact them.

Edit: The link's on the althanas.com/world page, near your avatar, near where the "check your private messages" are.

*scratches head* Wow. I've been on althanas how long now? I don't know, but I never knew about that feature.

Cyrus the virus
02-07-08, 11:30 AM
Also, a week really isn't a long time to wait. :p

Edward Judorne
02-07-08, 12:56 PM
Ok, so here's a question. Do you have to be the one that turns the quest in to view when it's going to be judged, or could you still view that information if someone you were questing with turned the quest in?

Zook Murnig
02-07-08, 01:06 PM
Serilliant or someone more knowledgeable about the system can correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, the Request Judgment system is a hack of the Report Post to Moderator system found on most boards. It sends a message to the mod forum stating that there's a thread to be judged and provides a link to the reported post, and that request is linked to the person who made the request. If you want to keep up to date on the information regarding a thread you're in, but someone else reported, ask the person who reported it. They'll have access to the information.

But, as I said, anyone who knows better can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Karuka
02-07-08, 01:50 PM
Nah, that's pretty much how it works. If you're not a mod or the person who submitted the request, you pretty much can't see who has or doesn't have your thread, and when it will likely be judged.

Serilliant
02-08-08, 02:46 AM
Zook is entirely right. It's pretty heavily tweaked but is, at it's base, the Report a Post feature of vBulletin.

I'm looking into a way for the script to automatically add anyone else who was posted into the reported thread into the queue so you can see the status, too. With the ton of other things I have to do, though, it's not huge priority.

I really want a more user-friendly system with that, though. Coming soon!