PDA

View Full Version : Althanas Podcasting

Serilliant
05-25-06, 03:51 AM
Have you heard the Althanas podcast yet? If not, you ought to check it out here: http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=1163.

As of now, we are simply experimenting with the idea of doing Althanas podcasts, are working on the structure, and trying to figure out the best way of delivery. Now that the first podcast has been produced, we would like some feedback from our members. Is a regular podcast something that you would be interested in and would listen to? Let your voice be heard!

The individuals who voted for each option are hidden, so we encourage you to be honest in your response. Also, please use this thread to provide feedback and suggestions for this and possible future featured podcasts.

Dissinger
05-25-06, 03:55 AM
Ehh I'd suggest that if Madison and Frank are going to do it they make sure they talk about what they say they are, perhaps the biggest frustration was hearing about the tap and then them not explaining it. Now I know personally what that is, but others who don't are probably going to go insane trying to figure it out.

Basically making sure they explain things for those not in the know...

Yari Rafanas
05-25-06, 04:06 AM
Yes, please.

Ayithe Solete
05-25-06, 05:14 AM
I like it, i like the idea and its interesting to listen to. I say yes :D

Letho
05-25-06, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I vote yes as well. As long as the file remains about 4-5 mb because more then that and it takes me an eternity to donwload it. >_<

The Blademaster
05-25-06, 09:41 AM
What's the point? I like to hear random stuff about Althanas that I know... especially when it's from people that I only know by character names and whatnot... I mean, we can't really respond verbally... so we're right back to writing again, right?

Ayithe Solete
05-25-06, 05:14 PM
We should get a ventrilo server or something. Then everyone can talk to each other.

Reiko
05-25-06, 05:25 PM
while there's some cool novelty in the podcast, I think it would be way better to simply have people bring up the issues more often on your word. I just think it's too much effort for too little.

Stranger
05-25-06, 05:36 PM
I think if they covered individual topics VERY thoroughly than they would be worth it to keep doing. And longer than the first one.

Arawn
05-25-06, 06:30 PM
I'm sad Futsuriai and I have been mispronouncing Althanas all this time...

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the podcast. Hell, polls from now on should just be about the next podcast topic!

If you bring in phone guests, this thing becomes much like my favorite radio show.

Thoracis
05-25-06, 07:04 PM
We shouldn't ever bother with the pronunciation discussion. No need to know how we all butcher all the names in someone elses view.

Anyways, I'm all about them. A Vent server would be cool, but not as cool I think.

I'm all about calling them next time too. I think that would be hilarious.

Ashiakin
05-26-06, 12:56 AM
Just an announcement: Me, Madison, and Frank are going to be recording another podcast on Saturday afternoon. If you want to call in or anything, try to let us know ahead of time. Although I'm not even sure we'll be able to have people call in yet, since I dunno if we got the speaker phone thing figured out... Just as a heads up.

Cyrus the virus
05-26-06, 02:07 AM
*cackle*

Calling in for a 10 minute Podcast... Whew. Charges ahoy!

I keep forgetting to post here. I'd like to see the Podcast continue, and such. It was interesting, but honestly I don't think it's going to do a great deal for changes. If there ARE changes, they'll come from the ideas being out here in public as opposed to the Mod forum.

Lighthawk76
05-26-06, 09:09 AM
I think it would be a great way for giving out info. Certain podcast couldl have certain topics. For instance, one on magic would be awesome, to talk about the various forms of magic that Althanas uses, the tap (whatever it is) and the raieran music magic for example. Another one should definitely be on regions, or maybe specific regions. Maybe Althanas lore.

Talking about ooc rules will work for giving differing points and ideas. I think this is a better medium for the mods to explain to us what is going on, what they think should/shouldn't be happening than the Your word forums. The podcast is a little bit of order to help start off what can sometimes become a chaotic thread.

I definitely vote for it to stay and keep on coming.

Teutonic Knight
06-02-06, 07:54 PM
This would be good and instead of just Frank and Madison talking every now and then you can have another person from athlanas come and talk with the two of you.

Cyrus the virus
06-03-06, 11:00 AM
Yeah, that idea's been discussed about 300 times all around the board...

People can call in or something and use speaker phone to contribute. At least that's what they were thinking of doing earlier.