PDA

View Full Version : New Toys

Into Dust
02-14-08, 01:25 AM
The wilderness may be his home, but the Bazaar was definitely the playground for Kiete Woodbraith. He loved coming here to browse and look at potential equipment that he could bring with him as he journeyed across Althanas. One such shop instantly caught his eye and before he knew it, his legs had brought him within.

The marksmanship here looked slight above average and a quick glance by his experienced eyes told him that this place made a finer weapon than most establishments. This was perfect, exactly what he needed.

"I want a few things. One stiletto, one dagger and three throwing knives. All steel, please."

Kiete turned away for a moment, felt the heat run through his fingers and clenched his fist tightly, flinching for a moment. He regained his composure and turned back towards whoever was serving him.

"Quickly, please."

Moonlit Raven
02-15-08, 02:12 AM
I arched a brow at the man on the other side of the counter the smile I normally tried to use as a welcoming thing fading slightly. Brushing a strand of black and red hair out of my eyes in a absent gesture I turned to find the blades requested. It took only a few moments of walking up and down the isle laden with different types of weapons to find what I was looking for.

"Here you go, all together it's 90 gold." I said as I laid the dagger and stiletto over the cloth bundle that held the three throwning knives.

Into Dust
02-15-08, 08:42 AM
"That's all?"

Kiete chuckled to himself, turning and ignoring the shopkeeper for a moment to peruse the store.

"Looks like the flows of boom and bust have changed since I was younger. Maybe I should splurge a bit more, gold pieces only wear me down on the road anyway."

Kiete pondered this for a moment, his right hand rising to stroke the stubble that decorated his face. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something that made his eyes brighten like a child who had seen his favorite toy.

"Right, I'll take some of those," the ranger said, his head turning to the left to a seemingly unlimited supply of arrows. "And for the rest of my 200 GP, just give me equal amounts of Yew arrows with Plynt and Dehlar arrow heads."

Kiete took a moment to collect himself before flashing a slight smile.

"At your own pace, my dear."

Into Dust
04-06-08, 05:04 AM
Hello? It's been almost 2 months according to my shoddy maths. Could another mod perhaps take over?

Zook Murnig
04-06-08, 10:20 AM
The Bazaar vouchers are no longer valid. If you would like to continue with the transaction, please adjust it accordingly. You'll have 200 gold to work with for this, minus what you've already spent on the throwing knives. I apologize for any inconvenience. When you're ready, PM me with the subject line "You Dirty Rat" and we'll proceed.

Zook Murnig
04-06-08, 11:34 AM
"Elena, my dear, why don't you take the rest of the day off?" An older man came in from the back room, his wrinkled visage turned to a kindly smile. "You need your rest. Do you want that child to kick its way right out of your gut?"

Thomasson looked upon the drow and raised an eyebrow. He didn't see a lot of dark elves in this part of Radasanth, or any part for that matter. "You were wanting those knives and some arrows, yes?" Opening the back cabinet door behind the arrow display case, he plucked out a handful each of the pointed shafts, laying them on the counter.

"The knives and sixteen arrows, half with dehlar heads, the other half with plynt," he recited the order rhythmicly, a strange cadence coming to a voice practiced in the merchant's trade. "That comes to a hundred ninety nine gold, as odd as it seems. That all for you?"

Into Dust
04-06-08, 07:22 PM
The ranger reached for his formidable sack of gold coins, undid the binding and poured out its entirety onto the counter table.

"I know it's not much of a tip," Kiete began, his smile arcing towards both sides of his face. He lifted up a lone coin, dangling it in front of his eyes like a toy before he placed it back on the table. "But 1 gold would be a lot more useful to you here in your shop as loose change than to me in the wild as essentially a weight."

He chuckled at this statement to himself, a sign of the effects of his profession duty as a lone ranger of the wild. Often times, he would talk to himself and laugh at his own jokes.

"So call it your favor to me. Please."

Zook Murnig
04-06-08, 11:43 PM
When the dark elf gave him the extra coin, Thomasson grinned. Sliding open a drawer hidden behind the counter, he pulled out a light chain of steel, similar to the sort that necklaces are made from. "How about this..." he began, picking up the stiletto he'd sold to the customer and stabbing it through the change. He then proceeded to thread the chain through the hole, then latched it together into a loop, the gold coin hanging from it.

"You keep this as a reminder of your first visit to my shop. Maybe get it enchanted sometime." He hung it around the drow's neck, not waiting for any words of protest.

Into Dust gains the following:
1 steel dagger
3 steel throwing knives
1 steel stiletto, with the tip coated in a thin layer of gold
8 dehlar headed yew arrows
8 plynt headed yew arrows
1 steel necklace with a gold coin charm hanging from it
15 EXP

Into Dust loses the following:
200 gold
His religion

Witchblade